Resource Guru

Resource scheduling software to manage your team's calendar

Work for Resource Guru?

Learning about Resource Guru?

Resource Guru Reviews

Ask Resource Guru a Question
Showing 24 Resource Guru reviews
Resource Guru review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Simple and useful"

What do you like best?

It's simple o use and provides both myself, my resources and my management team instant access to who's doing what and when. Reporting is excellent even though it is a request and download process it's not too inconvenient

What do you dislike?

The current interface is a bit clunky but is being changed. I would like to see some flexibility in creating your own resource and absence types. This would make it even more useful to different types of businesses

I resolved my lengthy scheduling meetings which could take over an hour and now get it all done through the week in just a few minutes

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Resource Guru
Resource Guru review by Van K.
Van K.

"Simple, Elegant, and Useful"

What do you like best?

Our Resource Guru account is used to schedule shared resources at a school -- vehicles, meeting rooms, etc. -- and it's been fantastic. Giving teachers the ability to see what's available at a glance on the calendar overview is remarkably helpful and user-friendly!

What do you dislike?

So far, there really haven't been any "dislikes" -- it does what I need it to do quite efficiently and effectively.

Being able to "reserve" a meeting room or a vehicle -- either for a one-time use or on a recurring basis -- was the need that I was trying to meet when I found Resource Guru. It met those needs, and we've been using it every since.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Resource Guru review by Administrator

"Very good plannification tool"

What do you like best?

One of the best existing planning tool. It is very flexible and has various options that let you adapt it with your internal processes. The interface is very clear and user-friendly and back-office is simple to use. Allows you precisely manage your ressources, update your planning to keep it efficient and have reports. Very good client service, very reactive and helpful !

What do you dislike?

- No wysiwyg text field for the comments

- More adaptable billing options because can be expensive for big companies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it with the trial and be convinced !

Guru is helping to manage creative resources in a web agency. It give their planning to "bookable" users and visibility for the others. It helped to improve the workflow and enhanced our organisation and optimize our worktime.

Resource Guru review by Jerry B.
Jerry B.

"An efficient scheduling app for your business"

What do you like best?

Resource Guru has been a fantastic app to work with. This app displays employees’ jobs, including client hours and due dates. You can easily adjust your bookings in seconds. Its intuitive interface and useful features make it really easy to get an overview of the projects, as well as to allocate upcoming project bookings to the right team. People can access to their account from anywhere. Its cloud-based dashboard enables users to work from any web browser on virtually any Internet-connected computer. Managing vacations, sick days, maternity leave or any other types of time off can be scheduled by resource guru. You can easily have a look at your projects and clients resources to know which are booked on. One of the best things I have discovered about this app is its too simple to operate. So actually you are getting many facilities just in one app.

What do you dislike?

The only slightly disappointing thing I have found is its loading time when you have to go forward or back a month; sometimes this process takes time which should be fixed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software works great to manage internal resources of your company. It manages reporting on current status of the work force as well as future planning for projects. The system is user friendly and provides a great interface for managing resources .so I would definitely suggest people to give it a try for a better business purpose.

This online time schedule app manages company’s team schedule very efficiently. Fixing business dates and setting up calendars for your group have been so easy by this app. This app saves business time which makes business more productive and efficient.

Resource Guru review by Samantha-Sophia F.
Samantha-Sophia F.

"Not perfect but pretty good"

What do you like best?

Easy scheduling makes it easier to run an entire suite or resources at once

What do you dislike?

There is no "pencil in" mode allowing for prospective bookings, so developers get told conflicting messages

Pencil in mode would be good, also good would be a simpler 1/2 day or whatever rather than hours

Resource Guru review by Kristen G.
Kristen G.

"Solid Start to a Promising Service"

What do you like best?

It's simple... everything is in one place! My company uses a project management system that we are extremely pleased with. However, as our only Resource Manager, I feel it's lacking in that area. Resource Guru shows me all of my people, all of their tasks, including client, hours and due date. All of this within a calendar view, which is ideal for me as I'm very visual.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it integrated more seamlessly with our projects system. Since we're web developers, we've worked with both APIs to integrate, but I believe if the two companies worked together, they could really be impressive. I'd also like to see a list view option, which they've actually told me is coming. While the calendar is exactly what I need, I do often just need to see all tasks on a resource's plate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to manage internal resources (and let's face it, you do!) use this service. Seriously. Rather than a rough feeling of where you are, you get exact data with a clear visualization of how resources are utilized, what resources are under-utilized, and projection of future utilization. Can't beat that!

Again, I'm the only resource manager within my company. My primary responsibility is to ensure that every resource has a full week, and along with that to project when they will be light. That is exactly what Resource Guru provides me with.

Resource Guru review by User

"Reason why i like Resource Guru "

What do you like best?

It keeps me updated with the jobs i have to do in a day, week or month and i can track people in the company who is busy who isn't if i need their help so i can find sufficient time to discuss/talk to them Resource Guru is simply the best.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything which i don't like about Resource Guru.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will manage a lot of this and it will make your life easy

Mostly for me its all about time management and jobs

"really good!"

What do you like best?

I chose Resource Guru out of 10 other resource management apps and the company I'm working for has implemented it successfully. It's very flexible and comfortable and allows the company to save considerable amount of time.

What do you dislike?

There's quite a big difference in price for data importing.

Time management for a large team at the company. The primary benefit is saving time and making it comfortable for our managers to manage the teams efficiently.

Resource Guru review by Julio C. M.
Julio C. M.

"Fast and reliable way to assign tasks and have resource visibility"

What do you like best?

The ability to view what my resources are doing.

What do you dislike?

That the mobile version of the page sometime doesn't quite works as expected

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it's free

I can now fast and easily know when my resources will be available

Resource Guru review by Ben I.
Ben I.

"Excellent Solution"

What do you like best?

The user interface is great, making navigation and interaction easy.

What do you dislike?

In my current use of the system there is little I would change although updates sometimes seem to take a while so this could likely be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth trialling, I think you will be pleasantly suprised.

A central resourcing solution for our team which saves time and money.

Resource Guru review by Lina B.
Lina B.

"Very easily managed time."

What do you like best?

user-friendly application, easily managed plans and time

What do you dislike?

I like everything, there is no what I suggest to change.

Spamming colleagues with the questions about their availability to help.

Resource Guru review by Collette W.
Collette W.

"An Awesome App"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of the software and of the application in our process

What do you dislike?

I didnt dislike anything about Resource Guru

Project Warehouse management

Resource Guru review by Brandy D.
Brandy D.

"I find this very helpful to stay connected with my co-workers."

What do you like best?

The daily updates are helpful at keeping me on track

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints, this is something that I use each day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this as a resource, it is helpful at staying connected when most of your co-workers are on the go.

staying connected when everyone in the company is usually on the road.

Resource Guru review by Shannon H.
Shannon H.

"Resource Guru"

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps track of all aspects of the project.

What do you dislike?

It isn't extremely user friendly. I feel like the interface could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to explore all of it's features.

Solving project management problems. It allows all members of the project team to log their time and track projects efficiently.

Resource Guru review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Ease of use, makes life easier"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that the program is colorful. I know that seems trivial, however, there are so many programs that are dreary and don't bring tasks to life.

What do you dislike?

There can always be more room for more detail and notes. It seems I never have enough.

My favorite part is that I can see my entire team on one screen. This is so much easier than sharing Outlook calendars that I have to flip through, or trying to get everyone to use one single calendar. Resource Guru makes the bigger picture more clear.

Resource Guru review by Administrator

"Simple, clear, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Visual aspect is easy on the eye - which makes admin less of a pain

What do you dislike?

Cycling through reports brings you back to previous page as opposed to earlier dates. Slows down ease of use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for managing resources with nice visuals

Managing ad-hoc hourly reporting.

Easier to calculate profit/loss on contract campaigns

Resource Guru review by User

"Friendly and intuitive UI"

What do you like best?

It very easy to use and plan resources in a very friendly way

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. As long as I used Resource Guru there is nothing I can complain about.

Planing resources on different projects; easy understanding on what is everyone working

Resource Guru review by Grant K.
Grant K.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

Easy way to look at other coworkers schedules

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a desktop app or some other way to access it other than a web app

Easy way to plan everyone schedule for the following week to easily distribute work

Resource Guru review by Gillian  M.
Gillian M.

"Creative Thinking Team"

What do you like best?

The team liked how interactive the interface is

What do you dislike?

Team members were unable to edit their availability daily, only the admin was able to do this for them

Time management. Overbooking of resources

Resource Guru review by Administrator

"Capacity Planning Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Resource Guru has a clean and simple UI, so easy to use

What do you dislike?

There are no dislikes with Resource Guru

Task visibility for individuals and across teams, capacity planning visibility for PMs and team managers

Resource Guru review by Administrator

"Good Resource scheduling app"

What do you like best?

The view where I see all of my resources one above the other across the calendar

What do you dislike?

nothing. I like every aspect of this application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay the yearly fee

Scheduling trainers to delivery classes

"Great and easy tool"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly tool, easy to use and to implement

What do you dislike?

Not found yet. This tool is working correctly.

A better planning for our differents teams

Resource Guru review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Inspired user interface - clearly designed for intuitive efficiency"

What do you like best?

I love the way I can easily copy schedules out even from team member to team member and easily extend or contract days. It’s really a beautiful system.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. System is well-designed and meets my requirements.

Scheduling team resources over time

"Resource Guru Experience"

What do you like best?

The UI was really nice, and super easy to use

What do you dislike?

There wasn't as much flexibility for information as we needed

We've since moved on to other platforms but it was helpful at the time for keeping track of project hours

Learning about Resource Guru?

* We monitor all Resource Guru reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.