Respondent

Respondent is a recruiting platform designed to help users find and schedule any target audience in the world for in-person and remote research interviews.

Work for Respondent?

Learning about Respondent?

Categories

Respondent Reviews

Ask Respondent a Question
Showing 25 Respondent reviews
Respondent review by Denzil J.
Denzil J.

"Effective tool for online recruitment for wide range of studies."

What do you like best?

I've been in this business for 25 years, and Respondent does make it easy to find qualified people for my qualitative work. The project management design works great for my needs, and the people I've met have pretty much been good quality.

What do you dislike?

I have been looking lately for college-aged students, and while there are a lot of them, I feel like I see some of the same names repeatedly. Perhaps its because I put the survey out there, and my demo responds. Also, the system does tell me about past participation so I can easily avoid people I've met before. So its not actually a big complaint.

Fast, easy, and cost-effective recruiting tool. In the old days, I'd write a screener, send a file to the recruiter, they they would use my screener to make phone calls to their data base. That process was slower, and much more expensive per project. I like that I"m a bit more hands-on with Respondent.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Respondent
Respondent review by Valentin B.
Valentin B.

"This is the BIGGEST paying company on the internet"

What do you like best?

I found respondent some weeks ago, searching for earning opportunities on the internet. I registered at respondent, and after 2-3 weeks I started receiving qualifying surveys from them. You can immediately answer some qualifying surveys on registration, but the big paying opportunitoes come in 2-3 weeks. Important Companies pay 100-500 dollars to you for answering a 30 minutes -1 hour survey , that can be video recorded. You have to qualify for one of these surveys, but you are paid hundreds of dollars, if they consider that you can help them in their research. Please register at Respondent using my ref link https://app.respondent.io/r/valentinbogatu-5936362ab11d , I'll earn 20 dollars after you participate in one of their studies. I do recoomend you to try this company because I consider that it is the best earning comapny that I have found on the internet. They have many jobs, they are hirying and their website is simple, easy to use and to navigate. Every 3-6 weeks you will find 10 opportinuites to earn on 100-500 dollars for 1 hour of work.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything, they are the best paying company on the internet that i have found until now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After registering answer 1 or 2 screening surveys, then wait a little. They will send you earning opportunities after 2-3 weeks.

I am helping other companies, with their needs. I am wating for the big dollars to come from helping these companies.

What Survey solution do you use?

Respondent review by Cynthia June L.
Cynthia June L.

"My research for an article about so-called paid survey sites found Respondent to be worth my time"

What do you like best?

The surveys are focused on a wide variety of industries and topics and don't discount the opinions of persons my age (it's not polite to ask). The article I am preparing covers my experiences with so-called paid survey sites and everything I did for over one month during my research. I am basing my article on experiences - not just sharing links I found online or in my spam mail.

This is the only legitimate study site (notice the difference here: study site vs survey site) that pays its users appropriately for their valuable time and expertise.

What do you dislike?

So far there's nothing I dislike about Respondent. The people I have shared the link with have already given me great feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the only site of its kind that I will share and recommend to friends and colleagues on social media and professional sites like LinkedIn. It pays its users enough to attract quality people who are willing to give honest answers and therefore, a more desired survey outcome that will help companies offer better customer experiences and higher quality products.

This does not apply to me.

Respondent review by Michal C.
Michal C.

"Excellent Recruiting Platform for User Research"

What do you like best?

This platform is FAST. I love how I can set up my project at the end of my work day and come back the next morning and already have all my qualified participants ready for me to recruit from. In the past, when I used traditional recruiting agencies, I had to give them 2-3 weeks of lead time and pay so much more per head. Respondent changed that game for me and allowed me to be quicker in my research and analysis and stretch my company dollars further. Add an excellent customer service and you got yourself a winning platform.

What do you dislike?

Minor feature enhancements such as adding participants count and the ability to send a text reminder to participants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try- I know you will LOVE it!

I am solving for getting my company quick and reliable feedback for various research questions they need answers for.

Respondent review by Brittani B.
Brittani B.

"A lifesaver for user research"

What do you like best?

Over the last several years, I've had to recruit specific user populations as part of my job as a Product Manager. Respondent has consistently helped me zero in on the population I need. I really appreciate that Respondent verifies users' backgrounds and sends me information from their LinkedIn. Their recruits show up for research and are high-quality participants. And the team at Respondent is incredibly quick and helpful whenever I have questions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing jumps to mind. I've been very happy!

If we didn't use Respondent, I'd spend much more time managing traditional market research agencies (with high costs) , or spending time finding people myself. The efficiency of recruiting people so quickly and managing respondents all in one place is a lifesaver.

Respondent review by Sumant L.
Sumant L.

"Amazing website for research and responds in different industries"

What do you like best?

I found many surveys which I think will help me to earn a good amount of bucks and will definitely help me experience the different industries. Even the referral system is so good to earn money and spread this news. I am hoping to work for a longer time to get all the benefits.

What do you dislike?

There are so many categories to select from but business specific options are less. I think management and business categories need to be concentrated more to get a good amount of users and information. I find this software at the starting stage and it needs to improve in many areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you register on Respondent as a freelancer or someone who want to earn by answering surveys then select fewer categories first and then select multiple categories to make your work smoother and fruitful.

I have started to understand that what actually are research-based works and how even we can earn answering surveys as respondents. The user interface is so simple that it was easy for me to understand the whole process as how it works.

Respondent review by Eric W.
Eric W.

"A great research experience"

What do you like best?

Respondent.io got me a large volume of qualified candidates within 2 hours of publishing the survey. I was amazed at how FAST the responses were and also the great diversity of people who responded.

Their support was immediate and thorough. They responded almost immediately to every request and always understood exactly what help I needed and got me a solution that solved my problem.

What do you dislike?

This is not a major complaint -- the only thing that I found could be improved was that the screener tool was not very sophisticated and did not allow for sophisticated branching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very specific in recruiting criteria. I didn't have great success recruiting people who had purchased a specific product, but did get lots of responses from people who met other criteria (like generally owning a home security system and various smart home technologies.)

We launched a research project for a high visibility New Product Development effort two weeks earlier than expected. We had to find qualified interviewees in a matter of a couple of days.

Respondent review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"Brilliant For Perfecting New Products (Pre-Launch) & For Sharing YOUR Insights Too! "

What do you like best?

So far I've been on the Insight Sharing -side. I choose the surveys where I might add value, answer the online prequal ?s (usually 3-8), then the market researchers contact me. The insight exchange is always a great experience - on both sides and it's done via the videocast. Your time is compd ($50-$300 for 30 min or one hour. It's all preset based on need etc) Payment is via PayPal in about a week.

I definitely see great value in this service for every new product manager!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, though I'm hoping as more companies realize how invaluable such work is, that there will be simply an explosion of surveys. (there are plenty now - more is better)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try being a responder as well as the market researcher. It's equally as invaluable an experience.

At first, I was just discovering what's new in product dev. Once I found Respondent, and the many benefits for the product dev teams/market researchers I was very pleased to see how much I benefit from the experience of insight exchange too.

"So easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love that it has maximum customizability. You can pick and choose from various different categories of potential positions you want. It is so incredibly easy to use and user-friendly. Creating your account is a breeze, especially when linking to paypal. It's an easy, fun and safe way to make money! As a student, this is the perfect part-time job. Not only are you making money but you are helping advance consumer/research knowledge. I would recommend users to have fun with the service and explore the various different ways you can contribute to different projects & research! It's also a great opportunity to share your knowledge with the world and put it to work.

What do you dislike?

I personally don't feel there is really anything wrong with the platform. If I had to choose one thing it would be better and often more specific screening surveys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As user of the product I have benefited by learning more about various other products, services, and companies. I am virtually able to learn and contribute knowledge from any category out there. I am able to share my experiences in various different topics: from medicine, cosmetics, to even sports!

Respondent review by partha s.
partha s.

"No 1 Research Platform"

What do you like best?

The ease of participating in user research and an excellent pay for the respective research. Focus on comprehensive areas that help users to identify the suitable research. Whether it is related to New App launching, Industry trends on user research, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the research area is really very intrinsic technology wise. Mostly technology related studies are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most powerful online research platform. One stop solution for all user research needs.

Doing user research for App launching, product positioning, market prediction and much more. Have utilized the maximum rewards.

Respondent review by User in Internet

"Respondent's ability to find and recruit my target audience quickly is unparalleled"

What do you like best?

You can recruit professionals with specific and hard-to-find criteria within hours. Not only does the speed mean you can move faster, but it costs way less to overhead and compensate because of the minimized effort for participants. Other products in the space don't have robust enough of a panel to achieve this.

What do you dislike?

It's rather manual to specify your target audience and build the screener accordingly, so the set-up can't be done by anyone. You need the expertise on your side to leverage the full flexibility of Respondent. If you don't know how to write effective screener questions to target the audience you want, you won't have a successful time with the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have an expert on the team able to spearhead and manage the screener to capture the right audience. Anyone can easily leverage Respondent IF someone is able to set up their recruitment criteria. If you have a UX or Market research department, members of those teams would be good candidates to elect.

Respondent resolved the challenge of finding and scheduling difficult-to-recruit professionals. It leverages an established, huge panel, so they've done the heavy lifting before you start your recruitment. This has allowed me to conduct research at an incredibly faster pace, so my team is able to be a lot more agile as a result.

Respondent review by Sai Shyam G.
Sai Shyam G.

"Easy way to recruit users for research"

What do you like best?

I definitely like the easy in which recruitment campaigns can be scheduled. Especially the ability to add constraints to the type of person who gets recruited is pretty awesome as well.Recently they launched the ability to re-invite past respondents which is amazing!

What do you dislike?

At times, even though you specify certain constraints like specific titles or an age group, respondent recruits candidates outside of those which has happened a couple of times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend it to recruit users for your market research activities.

Getting research done and gaining insights to understand our target market better. We've realised that within a week we are able to get research done.

Respondent review by Sandra M.
Sandra M.

"Amazing platform for fast, affordable research services"

What do you like best?

Simple to sign up, create a project and get the recruitment rolling in no time. Intuitive UI and great tools for communicating with and scheduling participants.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but would be great if you could conduct research straight on the platform instead of having to change into Google Hangout, Skype etc.

Shortening our processes with weeks and lowering our project cost vastly. Additionally we have more control over the participants than before, which increases the relevance and quality in the answers, and thus in our analysis.

Respondent review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Respondent is a God send"

What do you like best?

Good, fast, and affordable. Respondent has sent is an amazing quality of research participants in record time and at very affordable pricing. we've used them for studies in very niche unique industries or with the general population and in all instances, we've received the same quality and consistency of service.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, their dashboard needs a little help, and their scheduling but it's minor compared to the benefits you get from them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in market research and struggle with recruiting, please try Respondent, we have used them for the general public and very very very niche studies in different special industries and they've always come through

Recruitment in a short period of time. Always looking for good quality study subjects and respondent always delivers.

Respondent review by User

"A Great tool to Quickly Recruit Participants for Moderated Research"

What do you like best?

Respondent was able to find qualified participants for both of the studies I have done so far within 24 hours - the turnaround time was huge and the participants were well qualified and engaged throughout the study. This has been the easiest way for my team so far to recruit for market research and do research with non-customers.

What do you dislike?

Respondent is very well set up to recruit for moderated interviews, however for other types of studies I think there is still some work to be done to optimize the recruiting set up process for those types of studies (diary studies & surveys). That being said Respondent was very willing to work with me to help make the adjustments needed and I was still able to recruit and run my project through Respondent with a few tweaks and their help.

We use Respondent to recruit participants for UX Research to help inform SaaS Product & Design Decisions. Through using Respondent we have been able to recruit non-customers just as fast, and probably faster, than without it (We provably could recruit users of our software as well, we just didn't have that need).

Respondent review by Paul O.
Paul O.

"Respondent have nailed connecting researchers with the people who meet their study critieria"

What do you like best?

There is a very little time investment requirement. Respondent really seems to understand that the overhead of answering a million questions just to get screened out results in downgraded and exhausted respondents. Everything about them makes me feel like they view my time as valuable.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I have found myself repeating answers for screener surveys (even as short as they are). If these answers could be incorporated into the profile data stored for respondents then maybe it would make the process even quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have patience. Be honest.

I have participated with researchers who really needed people in my position to answer their questions. And I got paid for it.

Respondent review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great way to learn about new technologies, easy to use application system"

What do you like best?

I enjoy signing up for focus groups that offer new technologies. Being part of a professional service business, it's my job to ensure that we are using technologies that help us meet our bottom line efficiently and effectively.

What do you dislike?

Two of the companies that I signed up with, ending up being "no-response", "no-show". In reaching out to Respondent's customer service, I was told that it would take up to 5 business days to get a response. Although Respondent is only the intermediary, I think that the overall response time (between them and their clients) should be quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for opportunities to provide quality feedback, and keep tabs on the technologies that are being developed.

I'm getting access to new technologies that are relevant to our industry, and am able to provide detailed feedback on how to improve them. Overall this means that there will be technologies that can cater to our every need, as opposed to us having to adjust to the status quo.Because all of these groups are paid, I'm able to share with other professionals who may qualify in different areas. This allows for great referrals for the companies seeking input to get access to great customers/potential clients. This is a win-win, and I hope that more companies seek out companies like Respondent to gather industry specific feedback.

Respondent review by Deb M.
Deb M.

"Great new recruiting tool."

What do you like best?

It is simple to use. It is fast. You have control over screening. You can ask a prospective respondent additional questions after initial screening and before deciding if they're qualified.

What do you dislike?

The ratio of actually qualified respondents to *technically* qualified respondents is skewed a bit too far toward the *technically* qualified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. It's a great tool for recruiting. Just be sure to ask good screening questions.

I needed to quickly find a few people with a fairly low incidence who had a high level of academic experience. I was able to find enough qualified respondents quickly and they were exactly who they represented themselves to be.

Respondent review by User

"Best site for surveys and panels currently available."

What do you like best?

The reward value is excellent compared to all other websites I have seen. It´s really the best one. Also, the site content and level of surveys are by far the most excited ones I have seen in any survey website. Really worh the time spent.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to filter the projects, there not many options in filter. If you access any of there projects for further information and need to return, screen scrolls up to the first one. If you already opened a long extended list gives you extra work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Focus on accurately fill your profile to increase your chance of attending the best projects available in the platform.

Ability to attend smart surveys, attend panel groups and have an extra income are the best benefits I have realized.

Respondent review by User in Higher Education

"Respodent Good For Research."

What do you like best?

You can easily recruit professionals at very affordable prices, user responses were good.,

Support team of Respondent always there to helps us and find the solution of our every problem .,Great recruiting platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is there to dislike about , need more marketing to attrack other people and there must needed a rating tool , which helps other people to choose wisely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend it for recruiting professionals for your work , without any hesitation.

Easy to use as a respondent , user friendly interface, solved our so many problems, and now all this technology's is the way to the bright future.

Respondent review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great way to scale research quickly"

What do you like best?

Respondent has been an awesome tool that has sped up traditional recruiting timelines. It's helped me as a researcher move quickly and find great qualified candidates. It's also helped me enable team members (PMs, designers, marketers) to do their own research and recruiting! With calendar integrations too, it removes nearly 100% of the admin burden for research.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the project targeting could be improved, but the Respondent team is super responsive.

Recruiting and executing research projects. It's saved me time and increased the quality of research.

Respondent review by Sarah P.
Sarah P.

"Great for quick easy money "

What do you like best?

I love how the projects are tailored to your individual preferences and are easy to complete for a great reward.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how projects that I am unqualified for show up on my dashboard.

Respondent gives me a way to make extra money on the side.

Respondent review by KEVIN A.
KEVIN A.

"First class experience"

What do you like best?

Quality of respondents, ease of use, value for money

What do you dislike?

Can't set up quotas, and not easy if you have very complex screening questions

Validated a new product launch concept

"Respondent review"

What do you like best?

Can use on smartphone . Not difficult to navigate through the site for surveys. Easy to answer.

What do you dislike?

Seems to have items not pertinent to my needs or surveys that are no longer in need or qualifications do not match those of the respondent

Good way to solve basic market research questions from applicants

Respondent review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"In the consideration set for crowd sourced review software"

What do you like best?

We're in the process of choosing the best way to crowd source reviews of a new platform. With Respondent, we found it fairly easy to set up a survey and poll responders.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet. Once we are further through the process we may find some issues.

We're able to gauge our target audience before the release to mitigate issues.

Learning about Respondent?

* We monitor all Respondent reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories