Retrospect

3.2

Whether you are protecting Mac, Windows, or Linux systems, you'll feel the power of new Retrospect.

Work for Retrospect?

Learning about Retrospect?

Retrospect Reviews

Showing 6 Retrospect reviews
Retrospect review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Needs Overhaul"

What do you like best?

I like that Retrospect has kept current with using the latest LTO technology and server update compatibility. This has helped make Retrospect a reliable and somewhat stable solution.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the current UI and user experience. It is a very cumbersome software that is not intuitive to ensuring backup data is complete. This may be a great software for someone who's full time job is to read manuals and know how this (and others like it) work. I find myself saying "What does this do?" and looking for answers on "how tos".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for the best fit for your company. Make sure to run a trial to make sure this is the right product for you. It's important to have easy-to-use software to save time and money. This software requires someone's full attention in reading manuals and understanding "what this does".

This product is helping us actively back up data to lesser-expensive and longer lasting LTO tapes, rather than faulty HDDs and servers. Ultimately, this is saving our company money and allowing longer-lasting (and reliable) data backups.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Retrospect
Retrospect review by Gary B.
Gary B.

"Enterprise level backup"

What do you like best?

It's sturdy, it's straightforward to set up (but does have a great time cost to do so.) it has a multitude of different functions and once set up can be set to send emails, reports and full lists.

What do you dislike?

It's a lot of admin time to set up at first. It takes a lot of fine tuning as it makes no assumptions. This can be good in certain circumstances but I feel like we may have been too small as a company to really take advantage of it's full suite of options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a dedicated person team or team to set this up in at the implementation stage. There's a lot of tiny settings that can lead to bad results. With trial and error though this can be a great product to use.

We wanted a backup and archiving solution in one. This took a full server of its own along with several terrabytes of hard disk space for nearline backup. It's been rock solid for us as a system. We haven't had a perfect experience but overall its been very positive.

What Online Backup solution do you use?

Retrospect review by Rahul D.
Rahul D.

"Fantastic software with vast features "

What do you like best?

Retrospect selectors for backing up data and restoring data , Proactive AI , Grooming .

What do you dislike?

manual client installation on every workstation and adding clients of VLAN's manually in Retrospect client. Adding client manually lead to miss clients. feature like templates require to configure backups fastly. Webconsole also missed and deduplication working or not from where we can check. If possible share deduplication on dashboard

Data protection from ransomeware and other volnerabilities.

Retrospect review by Josh D.
Josh D.

"Do not use this product !!"

What do you like best?

Nothing absolutely nothing I like about this software

What do you dislike?

Is not intuitive, several times I try to do a restore and nothing works, does not tell me what the problem is.

have to hunt for info regarding my tape library, Info that should be easily displayed. So save yourself the headache and find a different software to do LTOs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use it, Trust me It is a nightmare.

I'm wasting money using this software, It cost me more to troubleshoot than it does to operate it.

Retrospect review by Sushil B.
Sushil B.

"Centrally manageable software. "

What do you like best?

I like that retrospect taking backup on scheduled time and has kept current with using the latest LTO technology and server update compatibility.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the current UI and user experience

This product is helping us actively back up data. Ultimately, this is saving our company money and allowing longer-lasting (and reliable) data backups.

Retrospect review by Bryan V.
Bryan V.

"Retrospect backups seem perfect"

What do you like best?

It's seamless and transparent. It just backs up at night and I never know. The one time I needed to use a backup that worked flawlessly, too.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Retrospect.

All our PC data is safely backed up remotely giving us security.

Learning about Retrospect?

* We monitor all Retrospect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.