Retrospect

Whether you are protecting Mac, Windows, or Linux systems, you'll feel the power of new Retrospect.

Work for Retrospect?

Learning about Retrospect?

Categories

Retrospect Reviews

Showing 4 Retrospect reviews
Retrospect review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Needs Overhaul"

What do you like best?

I like that Retrospect has kept current with using the latest LTO technology and server update compatibility. This has helped make Retrospect a reliable and somewhat stable solution.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the current UI and user experience. It is a very cumbersome software that is not intuitive to ensuring backup data is complete. This may be a great software for someone who's full time job is to read manuals and know how this (and others like it) work. I find myself saying "What does this do?" and looking for answers on "how tos".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for the best fit for your company. Make sure to run a trial to make sure this is the right product for you. It's important to have easy-to-use software to save time and money. This software requires someone's full attention in reading manuals and understanding "what this does".

This product is helping us actively back up data to lesser-expensive and longer lasting LTO tapes, rather than faulty HDDs and servers. Ultimately, this is saving our company money and allowing longer-lasting (and reliable) data backups.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Retrospect
Retrospect review by <span>Gary B.</span>
Gary B.

"Enterprise level backup"

What do you like best?

It's sturdy, it's straightforward to set up (but does have a great time cost to do so.) it has a multitude of different functions and once set up can be set to send emails, reports and full lists.

What do you dislike?

It's a lot of admin time to set up at first. It takes a lot of fine tuning as it makes no assumptions. This can be good in certain circumstances but I feel like we may have been too small as a company to really take advantage of it's full suite of options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a dedicated person team or team to set this up in at the implementation stage. There's a lot of tiny settings that can lead to bad results. With trial and error though this can be a great product to use.

We wanted a backup and archiving solution in one. This took a full server of its own along with several terrabytes of hard disk space for nearline backup. It's been rock solid for us as a system. We haven't had a perfect experience but overall its been very positive.

What Backup solution do you use?

Retrospect review by <span>Josh D.</span>
Josh D.

"Do not use this product !!"

What do you like best?

Nothing absolutely nothing I like about this software

What do you dislike?

Is not intuitive, several times I try to do a restore and nothing works, does not tell me what the problem is.

have to hunt for info regarding my tape library, Info that should be easily displayed. So save yourself the headache and find a different software to do LTOs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use it, Trust me It is a nightmare.

I'm wasting money using this software, It cost me more to troubleshoot than it does to operate it.

Retrospect review by <span>Bryan V.</span>
Bryan V.

"Retrospect backups seem perfect"

What do you like best?

It's seamless and transparent. It just backs up at night and I never know. The one time I needed to use a backup that worked flawlessly, too.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Retrospect.

All our PC data is safely backed up remotely giving us security.

There are not enough reviews of Retrospect for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Code42 Logo
Code42
Online data backup
Acronis Backup and Recovery Logo
Acronis Backup and Recovery
Acronis Backup is the world’s easiest and fastest backup solution for all your data, whether it is located on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, or on mobile devices.
Veeam Availability Suite Logo
Veeam Availability Suite
Veeam Availability Suite Includes Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE.
CloudBerry Backup Logo
CloudBerry Backup
Cross-platform cloud backup software with file system, image-based backup with SQL Server, MS Exchange support, built for cloud storage: Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage,
SolarWinds MSP Backup Logo
SolarWinds MSP Backup
SolarWinds MSP Backup is the fastest solution for managed service providers who need to restore clients' business continuity. Recover all data after any disaster.
Veritas Backup Exec Logo
Veritas Backup Exec
Backup Exec is one integrated product that protects virtual and physical environments, simplifies both backup and disaster recovery, and offers unmatched recovery capabilities
Unitrends Logo
Unitrends
Protects by bridging virtual, physical, and cloud. Unitrends has provided next-generation enterprise-class data protection to thousands of customers.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Logo
NAKIVO Backup & Replication
NAKIVO Backup & Replication offers a complete data protection feature set, including local and offsite VM backup and replication, support for live applications & databases, instant VM, file, and application objects recovery, backup copy jobs, screenshot verification for backups and replicas, global data deduplication and compression, Web interface, AES-256 encryption, advanced reporting, and other features.
Druva inSync Logo
Druva inSync
Druva inSync provides Enterprise Endpoint Backup and Protection
Veritas NetBackup Logo
Veritas NetBackup
NetBackup with V-Ray unifies backup, deduplication, replication, snapshots, and appliances with support for VMware and Hyper-V in a single product.

Learning about Retrospect?

* We monitor all Retrospect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories