Reviewsnap

Reviewsnap

3.9

Reviewsnap's acclaimed performance management software offers the most flexible, robust, user-friendly and cost-effective online solution on the market today. It includes performance review and 360 degree feedback modules all bundled under one highly affordable annual subscription fee.

Work for Reviewsnap?

Learning about Reviewsnap?

Reviewsnap Reviews

Ask Reviewsnap a Question
Showing 143 Reviewsnap reviews
Reviewsnap review by Sean S.
Sean S.

"Great for managing performance review process"

What do you like best?

This system allows me to easily manage the performance reviews at our company. I love that it automatically sends reminder notifications to employees and managers when they have a to do item.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple funky things about the system. The process for releasing a review for signature is a little clunky and not intuitive so I have to constantly send out instructions to managers for doing this part. I wish the review remained on the dashboard until the signature has been released. Many times this yer a manager would complete the review portion and not release it for signature but there is nothing on the dashboard indicating that there was another step to complete.

We are now consistently completing performance reviews on our staff. Previously this is something that would fall by the way side and reviews were not being completed on a regular basis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Reviewsnap
Reviewsnap review by Jenna W.
Jenna W.

"Great output and very additive to firm but the setup process is not completely intuitive. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use for the employees of our company. Users believe it is very simple which is great. The product is really everything we were looking for. The only part we don't really use is the goals.

What do you dislike?

I'm a user and partially help with administration. The setup process can be challenging. There are a lot of nuances and it isn't totally clear at times. This was our first time using it so hopefully next year will be smoother. Further, it would be great to be able to multiple names on the "reviewers" section. In some cases, employees report to 2 individuals and those 2 individuals work together to fill out the review, however, only 1 of their names is on the report. Further, the reporting function is great, but only allows users to compare themselves to their department and level. It would be great to see how ourselves match up to the firm as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reviewsnap is great, especially for smaller companies. Users believe it is simple. Many questions come up during setup so I'd recommend giving some time so that you can get everything running smoothly before rolling out.

The 360 review is great for employees to receive feedback from peers and others at the firm. It was our first time and provided great insight for all employees including everyone in junior positions up to partners. The performance review process has become much better at the company by putting it online versus through word docs and email.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

Reviewsnap review by Kay W. D.
Kay W. D.

"We resurrected Review Snap for use when we implemented a Pay for Performance"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. When we had questions, the support people were very helpful. There's not a lot of training required for our supervisors or employees. Once we finished getting our information current, it's very intuitive to use, whether you're the one conducting the appraisal, or the person getting appraised. We were able to incorporate individual and corporate goals into the system with ease. We were able to load a matrix linking percentage of raises to the performance review.

What do you dislike?

The only downside would be that we definitely need to learn more about the system's capabilities. We would like to be able to load the pay increase matrix in one place for all employees, rather than individually for all employees.

first time implementation of a pay for performance system for the entire company, including individual goals. A way to track, store and retrieve performance reviews, without filling up our personnel files with paper copies.

Reviewsnap review by Melissa B.
Melissa B.

"Off to a good start!"

What do you like best?

I like how much we've been able to customize the software to make it fit our needs. I also really like the journal entry feature.

What do you dislike?

Although the software is highly customizable, there are still a couple of things I would like more control over, such as the ability to edit the comment suggestions on my own. Also, sometimes the interface is a little odd. For example, when you click on the main tabs at the top of the screen (i.e. "Administration", "Review Process"), the screen does not change until you click on one of the subcategories below. This took me a while to get used to.

We are a fast-growing law firm and have outgrown our old method of handwritten reviews by the original founding partners. Reviews were becoming stale from year to year there was a concern that we were not accurate capturing our employees' performance because we didn't have a good way to keep records throughout the year (love the journal entry feature) and the partner writing the review often didn't have enough first-hand knowledge of an employee's performance. We've tried 360's in the past to aid in collecting data to write reviews, but employees were hesitant to provide candid feedback because they didn't want their responses to be attributed to them. We've just sent out the invites for our first 360 review period and I'm hopeful we will get better results this time because of the anonymity that the ReviewSnap 360 process provides.

Reviewsnap review by Kevin O.
Kevin O.

"ReviewSnap is a great organizational tool"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about ReviewSnap is that fundamentally it is a great organizational tool. It provides an area for managers to store reviews and documents(emails, excel, etc.) and create goals for employees. Managers often scramble to put together a review at the last moment and ReviewSnap is an easy way to gradually make notes on this throughout the year.

What do you dislike?

The back-end work can be confusing until you've worked out all of the kinks. I would recommend one person become an expert in using it and help create the review templates for everyone else. I still run into issues and I've been using it for a year and a half(but maybe that's more of a reflection of myself - who knows).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have one person champion the project and assist others rather than each manager trying to master it themselves.

Yearly and semi-annual employee reviews.

Keeping people accountable for making sure they're completed.

Reviewsnap review by Kris F.
Kris F.

"Intuitive and easy to administer"

What do you like best?

Reviewsnap allows me to manage the review process without micromanaging the Department Heads. It is easy to administer and turnaround times are much faster than other programs I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

Having used archaic methods in the past, I am so thankful to have something that allows me to ensure that our employees are being looked after that I am having difficulty finding something negative to say at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for providing your employees with feedback and keeping your managers on track with automated reminders.

Getting reviews done in a timely manner. When an employee has a work anniversary coming up and we already have the review done and ready to administer, it shows the employee that we care about them and their growth with us.

Reviewsnap review by Paula G.
Paula G.

"Simple, user-friendly software"

What do you like best?

This software is simple, user-friendly and very intuitive, which I, as an HR leader, appreciate for my employees. Since they are not using the program on a daily basis, they need to have some comfort when it comes to review or goal-setting time.

What do you dislike?

This is the third year I have used this software and they still do not have a spell check function that builds to a custom dictionary. It is a serious pain point and I have given regular feedback around it.

We were not conducting regular performance reviews prior to 2012 so there was no mechanism to track conversations, coaching and feedback. Our employee engagement is outstanding and this is in part due to our managers having clear direction in this part of their role.

Reviewsnap review by Samantha R.
Samantha R.

"Reviesnap Review"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty easy program to use. The on boarding process is fantastic, They are very helpful and thorough in the beginning. After that, not so much.

What do you dislike?

The customer service decreases after the first 6 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the beginning they will promise you the world to get you to sign up. After you sign up, customer service may drop you like a hot potato. They were extremely helpful in the beginning but the customer service definitely decreased once they already had our money. The product is very good, it's just unfortunate that if you have a question using it, they get back to you 2 days later.

we have clearer communication among our company using review snap.

Reviewsnap review by Beth H.
Beth H.

"Review Snap"

What do you like best?

Review Snap is easy to setup and easy to use. We have access to this service through our HR service provider PMSI, so there is no additional cost to us. It is easy for me to add managers. I like the dashboard and the ability I have to navigate the system.

What do you dislike?

We would like to have a process that would combine reviews with disciplinary action documentation. It is nice to have a review process in place, but each manager has to navigate other files to pull and disciplinary documentation that would need to be included in a review either directly in the review or as a supplement to scoring, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review Snap is easy to setup and easy to use. This product was in place prior to my joining the company, so I am unsure about how the setup was implemented and how it process went. I have been very pleased with the processes working with Review Snap. There are a few things that you have to be aware of when completing reviews and moving to the next review period. It is important to complete the review process in order to move on to future reviews. Unless a review is signed off and finalized you will not be able to setup a new review. This is a nice feature which ensures that all reviews are finalized, but it is something that managers need to keep in mind. This is the main issue our managers run into when setting up new reviews. Managers seem to find the process easy to follow and are able to setup employees and complete reviews fairly quickly.

We have found that the self-evaluation process is a valuable tool. Our employees are able to provide input into their own review and therefore seem to take more ownership in their job performance. They also seem to be more vested in their growth and the direction they want to take their careers.

This allows our managers to easily track performance of all full-time employees. It also allows our executive team to view and track how managers are performing and set reminders if they are not completing reviews in a timely manner.

Review Snap has definitely streamlined our process throughout the company.

Reviewsnap review by Jamie F.
Jamie F.

"Great Product for growing company!"

What do you like best?

It is great that we can continue to do something that is this important to us over a large distance. We have multiple locations with home based offices as well. This allows us to keep our review process consistent among all of our employees.

What do you dislike?

My dislike isn't so much with the program as with the lack of computer knowledge and access for some employees. With the change in technology, I'm hoping to remedy that situation with tablets and smartphones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tailor this to your company. It is easy to do with their templates. You can make it more meaningful to employees if you are giving them more specific feedback rather than a generalized overview.

We are solving a lack of consistency in the review process. By having every employee following the same process, it will be much more streamlined. It will allow those who work remotely to do their review without having to have a printer to scan and email. It has also allowed us to be able to have reviews based on management vs. hourly for a more comprehensive look at each person.

Reviewsnap review by Derek S.
Derek S.

"Reviewsnap has been great and helped us make it work for our unique review process"

What do you like best?

Support has been amazing. We have a unique review process and Gloria (and others) helped us set up the system in a way that works for our needs. They are fast to respond and have an answer for most things we wanted to accomplish

What do you dislike?

Interface is a bit outdated. Adding 360 reviews mid year is a bit of a struggle for us, but I think it is only due to our unique process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product. The support has been unmatched and we have had two flawless review cycles now.

We have been able to streamline our review process, We moved from 3 separate systems to complete our annual reviews into one unified product with reviewsnap

Reviewsnap review by Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management
Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Using Reviewsnap in a global enterprise"

What do you like best?

We use Reviewsnap in our multi-lingual global health NGO. What I like best is that we are able to include instructions and review templates in multiple languages for use by our staff around the world. This was one of the main reasons we selected Reviewsnap for our organization.

What do you dislike?

Customer service could be better. There are often relatively long hold times to get through to a person, or even worse, we've had to leave messages and wait for call backs from the customer service team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good, solid stand-alone system with lots of customizable elements. It is also priced competitively.

We have a large number of staff who do not have computer access--they work in low resource environments in Africa. Reviewsnap provides us with the capability to print out hard copies of review forms so that these employees can complete their self-evaluations off line. Their forms are then scanned into the system. The Reviewsnap implementation team was very helpful in recommending "work around" solutions to assist us with our unique HR environment.

Reviewsnap review by Anna S.
Anna S.

"Average experience - not likely to renew subscription"

What do you like best?

I liked working with another startup and the fact that they really only offered a performance management system because I could pay for what I needed and not other HR features I don't need. The implementation was easy and quick. I appreciated Reviewsnap hosting a webinar to train our employees on our software.

What do you dislike?

Turnaround time on questions was not quick enough. My Implementation Specialist set up the wrong templates for a couple of our departments and by the time we noticed, it was too late to make changes because some of the employees had already started their self-assessments. I think the dashboard is well done, but the user interface while moving the review from employee to reviewer to secondary reviewer was confusing for our employees. I ended up having to go into the system as the employee and move the review through the various stages of the review for about 30% of our employees. This could be my imagination because software should follow the same logic over and over, but I felt like the system sometimes performed differently under the same situations and I received this feedback from employees as well. A couple of employees reported back that their self-assessments didn't save. The system might have timed out, but a warning or auto-save feature would be nice because losing all their work wasn't a good first impression of the system. I also don't like the reporting options -- too much of what I don't care about and there's not a report to just easily see what stage of the review process the review is in by employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you give yourself at least a month or so lead time to implement so you can test the system. We were in a hurry (our fault, not Reviewsnap's) but we didn't have time to do things differently before we rolled it out to our employees.

We implemented an ERP system last year and hoped the ERP system could manage reviews. Due to security issues, we couldn't allow employees access to the system without seeing each other's reviews, which obviously presented a problem. Our payroll provider, ADP, also didn't have a good option for us due to the secondary review option we wanted to offer. In prior years, we passed a review template in Excel back and forth between employee, reviewers, and HR...also a pain. Unfortunately, we didn't feel the benefits of Reviewsnap due to some of user interface, sign-off, and reporting issues so we'll likely go back to Excel spreadsheets next year.

Reviewsnap review by Iris G.
Iris G.

"Easy to use but needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand and maneuver, was able choose from drop drop down list when changing the managers.

Adding an employee to the list of those that needed to do reviews was nothing difficult.

What do you dislike?

Was not able to add names to the drop down list of reviewing management team list was too limited.

Reviews that were finished were automatically sent to the employee, not good if the manager decides he wants to make changes that are not favorable to the employee because the employee has already seen the review.

Did not like that you have to go into each persons name to download the final signed review in order to save to company electronic employee file, too time consuming.

Do not like that even after I have opted the system to disable all email reminders of reviews, the system continues to send out weekly when all reviews were done weeks ago.

Trying to get the information into the system in a timely manner without hiccups.

Benefits, the ease of use.

Reviewsnap review by Sharren L.
Sharren L.

"Overview from Genesis Integration"

What do you like best?

For me, as the Administrator I have found it logical to navigate and use. It has also been an easy process to show employees how to use it. I like the ability of being able to update competencies easily and view the status of reviews/pie charts.

What do you dislike?

There have been some glitches, duplication of review dates etc. and not sure why this occurs, is it our error or a software issue?

It will always be a challenge to get Management on board and complete reviews in a timely manner - but it has been a little easier getting them to use Reviewsnap as it is simpler to use than our previous programme.

Reviewsnap review by Beth D.
Beth D.

"Great experience, used for several years"

What do you like best?

The customer service of the ReviewSnap staff is outstanding. If I have a question or request, I always have an answer within that work day. They are willing to develop features or reports to meet my organization's specific needs. Appreciate they are constantly improving their product. Looking forward to using this product for many more years. As a non-profit, the price point fits our budget and is a quality product for the money.

What do you dislike?

Navigation is still a little clunky. We do self reviews and then manager reviews. Often the employee will complain it's a lot of clicks or they aren't sure where they are in the review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for a simple performance review system. You can use it as basic as you'd like or you can utilize some of the additional features, i.e. comp

Great customer service and care - very much appreciated as we do all reviews annually, so I'm supported 300 users at one time.

Work flow improvements

Reviewsnap review by Joseph D.
Joseph D.

"Excellent tool for Small-to-Medium Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love the ability of the system to create custom templates to group employees together. Additionally being able to rate employees on goal accomplishment as well as competencies is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I can never reach a live person for support issues on the first call. I have to wait for a call back, which may not be for several hours. Additionally the system can be glitchy if changes are made after templates have been set up. For example, reviews were not automatically sent for signature after finalizing the review as they were supposed to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From everything I've experienced, it seems like this product is only feasible for use if you have common review dates. We were originally planning on using this for shop managers in addition to district manager and corporate staff; however we have common review date while shop managers do not.

Having a consistent way to rate employees at all levels of the corporate organization.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use, but UX can be improved"

What do you like best?

I like that the tool is simple to use from an employee and admin standpoint. It doesn't have any unnecessary frills or features (if you are just looking for a performance review system). The customer support is also very helpful and responsive if I have any questions.

What do you dislike?

The interface looks very old and outdated. Especially working at a technology company, the UX/UI can definitely be updated to not look so archaic.

Also the reporting feature can be improved. For instance if I want to run a report as to who completed their reviews, employees who did not initiate the review will not come up in the report, which creates extra work on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

We want to have a 90% completion rate of reviews and we want employees to enter in their career aspirations and long term goals so we have that information documented. Reviewsnap allowed us to customize our review process so that it works for our company and meets our business needs.

Reviewsnap review by Sarah L.
Sarah L.

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

I had a superb customer experience with Mildred at Reviewsnap, our Customer Success Manager! She was able to answer my endless questions, devote time for demos as we switched our process within Reviewsnap, and always had a great attitude while doing so. The system/process itself can be customized to what your company is looking to achieve.

What do you dislike?

I would say the inability for the system to send managers more than one reminder of when to do an employee review, or when they need to sign off on a review. I believe something like this is on the list to make work eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let them know what it is your company is looking for in Performance Reviews--more than likely, it's possible through Reviewsnap.

Ensuring that each employee is getting a review from their manager. This is something the system can easily automate and track.

Reviewsnap review by Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.

"Review of Reviewsnap"

What do you like best?

Very easy and professional set up, excellent customer service and it is a very user friendly resource.

What do you dislike?

At time I I have no complaints, concerns or regret in using reviewsnap. They are an excellent resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initially I had hands on customer support, now I have to go through the service center who provide email instructions. I would prefer to also have the option of getting a phone call and having the service support person walk me through a process that I am not familiar with.

Enhanced and more uniform Performance Evaluation templates and assessments. The questions are easy to answer and less time consuming. Managers are able throughout the year to journal observations and challenges so that all the info a manager would need to provide an objective assessment is always available.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Basic but Total Time saver"

What do you like best?

It’s a pretty basic system but everything from implementation and day to day usage is extremely user friendly and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Limited availability of custom email notification messages. Having the ability to ask more questions based on specific answers in the 360 feedback survey would be nice.

We had a very manual performance review process and used A LOT of paper. This has definitely reduced paper, and will hopefully improve our on time completions! It will also free up time and improve conversations between Manager and subordinate. From an HR standpoint we’ll be able to spend less time manually tracking and sending emails and reminder emails.

Reviewsnap review by Kelly D.
Kelly D.

"Easy to Administer"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to configure and administer. You won't need heavy IT involvement in keeping this going. One of my favorite features is the ability to log-in as any user to see exactly what they see for troubleshooting.

What do you dislike?

I think the reporting could be more robust. There are fields that I wish I could add to the reports and they don't always spit out what I would expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An inexpensive and basic stand alone solution to taking your reviews electronic.

This tool has greatly simplified our approval process and workflow. No more paper!

Reviewsnap review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Record of system for performance reviews"

What do you like best?

I'm always able to go back and reference performance reviews to track performance of all my team members, and toggle between each of their "profiles" quite easily. The custom goal-setting and ability to create a standardized "grading" system for an organization is easy-to-use and helpful, as is the ability to solicit peer reviews.

What do you dislike?

Moving between the different pages of the review process isn't the most user-friendly. I've also had issues with my goals saving and wish there was an ability to "drag and drop" the goals to put them in an order other than the one you input them in. There could be more features for writing a review to make it easier on the admin. The "sign-off" process is also a bit unclear.

We have a more cohesive, company-wide review process and ensure all the appropriate properties have access to the reviews and sign off on them before they get finalized.

Reviewsnap review by Brad S.
Brad S.

"The Reviewsnap format provided just what we needed!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use when uploading employee and document information takes hours off my schedule. With a specialized review like we use, I was afraid that we would have a lot of build time. But, Reviewsnap and its team amazed me with the features that mirrored our document.

What do you dislike?

I've not found anything that is an issue.

We are moving our annual goals and review system to an electronic, web-based format primarily to make it easier for managers to locate and work with the newest iteration of their employee reviews. We were not the best example of a green organization as we would often print 4-5 copies of the review. Now I can say we are paper-free!

Reviewsnap review by Lise Ann E.
Lise Ann E.

"Functional, User Friendly Interface"

What do you like best?

The customization options and the ability to deliver online learning in partnership with OpenSesame. I also like the ability to create two way documented conversations about performance rather than just a one sided document.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything about ReviewSnap that I dislike yet.

In order to keep employees motivated and engaged in their work, it is important to include them in the creation and monitoring of goals that move the company forward. ReviewSnap helps us to do just that.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"New User Review"

What do you like best?

It is pretty straightforward and easy to use. There are enough areas to add what I need for each position. So far I have not run into any issues during use or while printing or researching roles already loaded into the system.

What do you dislike?

I have not used it enough yet to know what I dislike. So far I have been pleased and I am happy to update once I have used it more and gone through a full review cycle with the company. Current users have not reported any issues at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product as I have been able to use it without much instruction and, from what I have heard, I will have support when needed.

I know from past user input, this has helped with tracking employee performance and works well with the current talent review process in the company. I hope to use it more as we grow and update our talent pipeline and development program.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Packaging and Containers
Administrator in Packaging and Containers

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate from both the admin access and the user access. Internet-based, can be accessed from any computer, tablet, anywhere our employees are. Good reporting capabilities and one-stop shop for performance documentation.

What do you dislike?

There are some restrictions to the system, since this is an "off-the shelf" type of software. Some detailed customizations are not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a single software specifically for performance management, I believe ReviewSnap is great. Other more complex tools that are modules wihtin other HRIS programs may offer more in terms of robust integration with compensation, succession planning, etc but they will cost a lot more as well. ReviewSnap is easy to use, allows for different templates based on job level or job family, and total access by administrators, HR, supervisors, and managers.

Performance management repository system. Much easier now to located history on performance, either by individual or by group/dept. it eliminates the confusion on "what version" of the review the employee has, versus what the manager or HR have in their files. One single place for all input, saved and stored "forever".

Reviewsnap review by Alexandria H.
Alexandria H.

"Easy to utilize performance management tool"

What do you like best?

The tool is user friendly and is able to be customized specifically to our organizations needs.

What do you dislike?

The frequent technical issues we have. The inability to be able to reach a customer/technical service rep in a timely fashion when having issues with the system.

Using this tool has allowed for our organization's culture to develop to create motivation, retention, and value of our employees because of using a tools that allows for constant communication and feedback.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Easy to set up and great customer service"

What do you like best?

The great customer service! I email or call our account manager and receive a quick response. The system is also very easy to set up and configure to your organizations specific performance review process.

What do you dislike?

Reviewsnap could use some updates to make the software more intuitive. It can be complicated to explain to managers and employees how to complete reviews. The ability to upload documents to attach to a specific review would be nice. Right now, there is only the ability to attach documents to journal entries. A search function to find employees rather than scrolling through the list would be nice as well. A clearer report of what stage each person is in during the review process.

We had switched from a performance review software that was outdated so Reviewsnap was and upgrade for us and gave us the opportunity to customize our reviews. Reviewsnap allows you to make them as simple or as complex as you want.

Reviewsnap review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Wish it was more user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I can easily track goals and search reviews from years' past.

What do you dislike?

I feel like every time I access the software, I should go through a training. It is not user friendly and I have to complete many click-throughs to find the part of the site I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is surely a better alternative to managing your own reviews. I do think that the look and feel could be improved and user interface easier to navigate.

One stop shop for reviewing employees, tracking goals, and maintaining personal reviews.

"Highly configurable"

What do you like best?

ReviewSnap does whatever you need it to do. With a little up-front setup, easy to use, easy to follow and maintain. I like that the forms are customizable, we were able to include our own goals, use it as we need to.

What do you dislike?

They recently moved from having individual CRMs to a group help line that is much slower to respond and different people each time. This meant that my year-end training got dropped and user experience suffered. That said, I think it was a growing pain in the transition (I hope).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find out what support you'll receive ahead of time. I think I would've been fine had I started in one plan or the other (individual support or group support) and stayed that way throughout.

I no longer have paper that I need to track individually. Tracking is easy, everything's in one place, no paper, automated reminders, easy for leadership to review, most changes or user problems are easy to support (as admin). Less time chasing people down, keeping spreadsheets, etc.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Architecture & Planning
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"Reviewsnap Review"

What do you like best?

The software is user friendly to some extent and is a good tool for small businesses. Easy to navigate between screens and for the user to easily view their information is a plus. Customer service is excellent as everytime I needed help the representative as well as helpdesk have been more than helpful. Even with the last minute requests in meeting deadlines they have been amazing. They provide thorough training on all aspects of the system.

What do you dislike?

Set-up of each employee for reviews or 360 feedback is time consuming. Goals can't be imported from a Word document as you need to do a journal entry and then type them under goals. The software does not allow for a form to be updated or revised as you would need to create a new form if you have changes to the current form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to review your current processes and map out what Reviewsnap delivers to you to determine if all needs are being met with Reviewsnap.

Having management rely more on entering their data on Reviewsnap vs. on paper has been a struggle in the past year, but this year we required all employees and management to complete the forms on line. When it comes to the increases per review, it is very user friendly as well.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Reviewsnap"

What do you like best?

We mainly use the 360 review functionality and now the goals module. It is very easy to setup and use. Having a web based platform is nice so employees can complete reviews from anywhere. Our previous system was on premise with no remote access.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the ability to make additional customizations to the software without development intervention. Mainly reporting options lacking.

Also, the mobile needs some work. We've had issues with reviews not submitting when done from iOS devices, so users have needed to complete reviews again from a desktop/laptop PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Faster review process, greater compliance before due date. Increased transparency with employees.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Pleased with Review Snap"

What do you like best?

The kudo's that can be shared between associates. Also, the instructiveness that using Review Snap encourages.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat confusing to the new manager in regards to a flow for the review process. Such as what to click and what to do next. But I created a cheat sheet for them to use for an easier process. However, once you do one, it is very easy the next time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The self review feature is nice for employees wishing to have some input in their own review. Also, the 360 reviews work well with peer reviews. The split screen comes in very handy when filling out the review, you can see the employees self review and comments as well as see the 360 reviews and comments at the same time. Very nice.

Employees are more engaged in their reviews as well as their business and development goals.

Reviewsnap review by Shana O.
Shana O.

"Reviewsnap is an excellent product!"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use. We have many different reviews based on the various positions. It was easy to configure and if we ran in to any roadblocks, the support team was very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could make small changes once a review has been created and is in use. But we need to re create it.

We are spread out across the nation. When managers want to terminate someone or discipline them, we often scramble to get information. Since we have the journal feature, we have trained our manages to use the system to keep notes and it has been a huge help!

Reviewsnap review by Diana T.
Diana T.

"Great Product for HR Managers"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, enjoyable platform, customization options. The implementation team was very helpful.

What do you dislike?

360 reviews were a little confusing for employees, as they were not able to see who assigned the review. They said if they are reviewing their own manager and the request was sent by that same manager, their answers might be different because they know who will be reading it. It would be nice to see 'Assigned By' for the 360 reviews.

Prior review platform was time-consuming and staff didn't like it. This streamlined the process and allowed for multi-level customization. The journal entries add another component to ongoing performance management.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Reviewsnap - good resource for small companies"

What do you like best?

Easy for employees to access and record information on themselves.

What do you dislike?

The routing for signatures if someone has a matrix organization is very difficult. The system has some clumsiness to it such as when entering goals and if goals are entered by employee or the manager.

Needs lots of hand holding for set up. Be sure to get a good rep.

RS needs to work with it's customers to make improvements in the system and work flow of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really check things out prior to implementing.

Automated review process. I like how you can add training as well.

Benefits of storing all reviews electronically.

Reviewsnap review by Jill Z.
Jill Z.

"Reviewsnap"

What do you like best?

Ability to create templates and include compensation portion

What do you dislike?

On-boarding process as a company was unorganized. Our sales person left the company right after she signed our contract, and then our on-boarding specialist left the company about two weeks in. Kind of a red flag.

We were previously using an excel spreadsheet for our annual reviews. We just rolled out Reviewsnap a few weeks ago and already it's much easier to use but we won't see the full benefits until its completely rolled out (still waiting on the compensation piece after we were told one thing during sales and then another thing during implementation).

"ReviewSnap Product Review"

What do you like best?

ReviewSnap is a great way to organize and track performance reviews.

What do you dislike?

The site can be complicated to explain to new users. It would be helpful if the site was a little more user-friendly and helped navigate new users through the process.

I would also like to see a search option, rather than having to scroll through the entire list of employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once setup and ready, the program helps organize and track reviews. It can be a process getting all the information entered, especially depending on how many users are involved.

ReviewSnap has definitely helped our company track and organize reviews.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Powerful Software "

What do you like best?

I love that the user was able to create an assessment that was unique to their organization. The software allowed for endless customization and one organizations ReviewSnap assessment might look very different from anothers, even though it is the same software. ReviewSnap also has incredible support if you ever need help with the product (which I did alot).

What do you dislike?

ReviewSnap ultimately ended up not being the product for us. I think it is tailored toward larger organizations. We had just a few employees so its powerful software swallowed us up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial the software before you buy. We were incredibly impressed with ReviewSnap but ultimately needed something a bit less customizable.

We wanted our employees to have a voice, which was the purpose of of "Check In's". We also wanted our employees to be able to track their progress.

Reviewsnap review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Clear and constant communication helps everyone!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to customize our templates by departments or job types.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more training options associated with a review system. Incorporate educational training through Reviewsnap (videos) based on ranks.

Consistency. I think life gets busy and certain things become less important. This helps us keep it at the forefront of communication and training.

Reviewsnap review by Lucas K.
Lucas K.

"ReviewSnap is Great"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. It was easy to get the hand of and easy to train others.

What do you dislike?

The reporting aspect is a little challenging to get the hang of, but once you figure it out, it's pretty useful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great system to use.

The automated emails help solve a lot of issues. It's way easier in ReviewSnap

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"ReviewSnap made the review process efficient "

What do you like best?

The ease of use. It was straight forward and was organized.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could see my review even after I submitted it before my manager finalized it. Otherwise I have to wait until he is done. So I'm without a copy for 3 weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a time saving product that handles itself, I would recommend it.

Time management, less paper, efficient. We used to do this in word and it took an extra 2-4 weeks as well as everyone organizing items in their own way. This centralized the process.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Great Customer Service "

What do you like best?

Customer Service, Easy to make changes. I can email my rep with a problem and get an answer in the same day. As an administrator, they have made it very easy to work within the system.

What do you dislike?

I really cant say I dislike anything. They have met expectations in all areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you looking for a way to make the evaluation process paperless and run smoothly, ReviewSnap can be the answer, it was for us!

Our evaluation process has improved since using ReviewSnap. No hunting anyone down to do a review, it is done all through the system. Gathering all the information together is easy with the reports, which you can set up how you want to see the information. All the staff have benefit by receiving a more meaningful evaluation.

Reviewsnap review by Charles D L.
Charles D L.

"Decent Platform"

What do you like best?

The function of review, assessments, email notifications, and ability for employee input.

What do you dislike?

To cumbersome in working with third-party affiliation and platform. I have to log into Oasis, then log in to Reviewsnap.. Systems do not sync. If I terminate an employee in Oasis, I also have to do it in Reviewsnap. They should sync to eliminate another task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a good product for an HR department of 1-2 people. Doubles the work because it does not sync.

Increase use of performance review. Employee input and manager input give great performance based feedback.

Reviewsnap review by Tory J.
Tory J.

"Designs for Health"

What do you like best?

Customization of review form sand goals. Admin found easy to change forms and and came up with creative ways to handle employees that do not have computer access

What do you dislike?

design of portal could use updating. I feel it needs to be updated to a more modern look and feel with and app for mobile viewing or responsiveness for the mobile web view

IT. Having a online portal has organized our review process. In the past we used excel sheets that were distributed via email. Revisions were a nightmare as well as any metrics

Reviewsnap review by Colleen M.
Colleen M.

"Easy to use system with great training and support"

What do you like best?

The fact that were were able to preserve and enhance our review/evaluation process through the use of the software. It is also very user friendly and nice to have everything stored in one place.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a little re-learning as an admin because we only have a few reviews a year. Support is very helpful though when I have a question.

Streamlines the evaluation process for employees. We use standard templates and they know what to expect from year to year and where to go to find past review information.

Reviewsnap review by Pete L.
Pete L.

"Complicated"

What do you like best?

It is a thorough program, that once understood should prove to be useful for users.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely complicated to set up. I do not find their product to be user friendly, graphically appealing or easy for our employees to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used ReviewSnap for 18 months. Frustrated, I decided to move the direction of our company toward another product that is more user friendly.

It is more user friendly than paper reviews, but as far as what we were looking for out of an online review process, it needs work.

Reviewsnap review by Leon D.
Leon D.

"Clunky interface, employees are very dissastisfied"

What do you like best?

The bare minimum of surveys are fine. They do the job well enough

What do you dislike?

The interface is horrible and not intuitive. Identifying where to go as a manager to sign off or complete reviews is incredibly clunky. There are many other solutions that are more elegant and intuitive. We will probably not going to continue service with reviewsnap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better products out there.

We are able to complete our annual performance reviews, but this system does not safe us a significant amount of time over using a normal form.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Reviewsnap is no frills"

What do you like best?

I think it is a pretty straight forward platform. and a great solution for someone with a small organization. Under 100.

What do you dislike?

I think that it is clunky and the functionality is a bit limited. When I look at other tools they have integrations with outlook and other email platforms that allow for ongoing feedback which I think makes it easier to complete comprehensive reviews. I also think while it is straight forward in some ways, it is cumbersome in others. When approving reviews and moving them through process we have found it to be glitchy at times.

Certainly we have a centralized place to house our job descriptions and our performance reviews and goals. This allows us to be more efficient on the HR side things.

Reviewsnap review by Peter E.
Peter E.

"Easy to give a review"

What do you like best?

The program is very user friendly and it's pretty easy to navigate thru the entire application.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes others who don't use it that often (like the hiring managers) have a steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it you'll probably like it

Able to give thorough reviews which help employees improve performance.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A Review of ReviewSnap "

What do you like best?

I like that is has organized our process and given employees an focused opportunity to review their work and goals. It makes the review process organized and helps keep records as well.

What do you dislike?

I HATE your reports. They don't help me. Normally I skip product reviews entirely, but I had to say something. It is not clear to me who has done a self-review, who I am waiting on for signatures, etc. It could be WAY clearer, the reports neater, more presentable. I hate the little asterisks by things. They're terrible. Create clear headings and put peoples names in columns. The graphs are okay, but generally useless and should be optional.

Organization, keeping track of who's done what, ability to remind people about reviews, etc.

"ReveiewSnap Review"

What do you like best?

Very specific: You can establish “Categories” that an employee in their role should be proficient in (such as “Customer Service Orientation”, “Quality of Work” “Initiative” and/or “Managing Others”. You can then rate employees on a scale for each of these categories, which serves as a visual reminder of their success or need for improvement.

What do you dislike?

Can be overwhelming if there are too many categories provided.

We recommend that our clients use this system, as it implements even the most basic performance review system where there was none before. Now supervisors can keep notes throughout the year that they can refer to during the yearly eval, and employees can have an annual benchmark to evaluate their current performance and set goals moving forward.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Good tool for handling performance evaluations"

What do you like best?

I like that it helps our management staff normalize their processes for structuring performance evaluations. It also organizes the key data (evaluation dates, etc.) to help them more efficiently handle their team's evals.

What do you dislike?

We use SAP for our day-to-day HR activities. It would be nice if Reviewsnap could automatically draw info from employee records in SAP, vs. needing to manually update this info in the program when, for example, an employee gets promoted and their anniversary review date is reset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good stand-alone product for organizing and streamlining performance evaluations, especially in medium- to large-sized organizations.

The problem was that the existing evaluation process was slow and clunky. Using Reviewsnap will make the process smoother and quicker overall.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Finally a no frills, intuitive, thoughtful performance review tool!"

What do you like best?

I like that this tool focuses on one main goal and how to do it well.

What do you dislike?

I like all the customization options but the site itself could be prettier.

We decided to implement a performance review process for our company for the first time ever. We looked at many other platforms but didn't like the functionality or how many features were offered, as we wanted to keep things very light. Reviewsnap really focuses on performance reviews and how to do it well. There are other functionalities that are great, but all lead to how to improve that process. We are still in the implementation stage so I can't speak for the roll out yet, but feeling very positive about it so far.

Administrator in Human Resources

"Not very intuitive but ok. Some of the processes to set up templates do not seem to flow together. "

What do you like best?

Seems to be a pretty complete tool for small to medium sized companies.

What do you dislike?

Not clear on how to best set up a review system. It seem s the goals section causes the most confusion and it is not readily apparent how to set up email notifications for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to think through th eprocess, will groups need different templates or will one or two templates be sufficient. Who will manage the addition and inactivation of new employees. Be sure to think through the goals and if you wnat company wide goals or individual. Remember that once reviews are started you CANNOT change the template.

Once set up the system works well. Most clients we have stick with it.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Reviewsnap makes Reviews easier to administer"

What do you like best?

Can create customized templates for each position, customizing competencies. The electronic routing and sign off ensures all who need to review and esign, do, and once finalized it can be printed or stored and employees always have access to their own review. The notes section is helpful for managers to keep notes throughout the year for use in the review process. Ability to see past reviews on the same screen is beneficial when trying to remember items from the prior period.

What do you dislike?

Once review is finalized can not update template, have to create a new one if there are many changes - a bit time consuming

automating the performance review process. Moving to a competency based system. Ease of use for managers

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great system and easy to implement and use!!!"

What do you like best?

ReviewSnap has great implementation and customer service team. It is a user friendly system with very reasonable price. I have implemented this system for multiple companies and lov

What do you dislike?

I wish we could have the dashboard display in the front page to provide indication of status or task instead of clicking or running report. However, this is very minor as the benefit of the system outwights this.

We eliminate the paper process of performance review and use this online system

Reviewsnap review by Robin H.
Robin H.

"Reviewsnap Performance Evaluation "

What do you like best?

We are in the early stages of implementing Reviewsnap. So far, the program appears fairly intuitive which makes learning and training much easier. The flexibility of the program is great. The training support we've have so far has been great

What do you dislike?

Too early to say what we don't like yet.

Peformance management processes - more streamlining of what was a paper review process. This product allows for more ongoing true management of performance. Goal implementation and tracking is a plus too.

Reviewsnap review by Tanya M.
Tanya M.

"Outstanding!"

What do you like best?

I really love how diverse the software is! You can really customize the views and the templates to suit any business.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything I dislike about this program. It is easy to manage and administer and easy to understand and teach employees about.

With ReviewSnap we have a solution to track and maintain annual employee reviews, and add comments and notes, positive or negative through out the year in the journal entry sections.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator

"Fantastic Platform for Peformance Appraisals "

What do you like best?

We've used Reviewsnap for about 2 years. It is nice to have a central depository for all your PAs and self-evaluations. It is easy to use and keeps everybody on task. The customization is wonderful and the ability to capture employee notes is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

There may be too many options which at times can make it difficult to use, but this is not a major concern. The support staff is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and has everything you need to provide effective, timely and historical feedback.

We are providing consistent and timely feedback to our employees which allows us to increase our staff's performance. We have seen real results using this.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"HR solution saving me time and frustration"

What do you like best?

Automation of small business HR review workflow

What do you dislike?

Manual nature of 90-day review process. It should be an integrated feature to automate and notify all parties when their 90 day probation period is coming due, so that staff and management can react appropriately without having to build a period for every new employee.

Keeping employees feeling valued and not missing their review dates. Keeps reviews in a single location and has streamlined our review processes

Reviewsnap review by Janet S.
Janet S.

"Great product for small companies"

What do you like best?

I like being able to customize the program to fit our company's needs.

What do you dislike?

Instead of an 'annual review format;, I would like to use the product for 'agile' review practices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and understand your needs for your culture before purchasing review software.

We can customize the goals, review templates, and ratings to fit our needs. This has allowed us to experiment and to find the best ways of reviewing our team members.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Dairy
Administrator in Dairy

"Best of the Best"

What do you like best?

What a great program!! Allows us access to sample reviews + allows us to customize based on our needs.

We love the ability to include goals, as well as progress reviews. Managers are loving the fact that Team Members can log on & contribute to the reviews.

What do you dislike?

So far, there's nothing we dislike. Previous software did not allow the ability to customize. That was the major deciding factor in switching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to speak with a rep to walk you through. Well worth the time & the investment.

Performance Evaluations were always challenging. This program allows managers to log in from anywhere & work on evaluations wherever they are.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"A great way to do reviews."

What do you like best?

We converted to Reviewsnap last year and it was a smooth and easy transition from our old, more cumbersome process. The support that we received was exceptionally good. The Reviewsnap staff helped us with the implementation, and continue to be available when we run into issues. Their customer service is topnotch.

What do you dislike?

That we cannot reset passwords on the fly. Because our staff only use this once a year, they never remember their passwords and our onsite administrators don't have access for resetting them - it would save time if we could do it ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Providing employees with honest, helpful feedback which Reviewsnap allows us to do.

Reviewsnap review by Tracy K.
Tracy K.

"Amazing Product and Support"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the responsiveness of the support team

What do you dislike?

some of the features with regard to signatures and changing managers is confusing. The reviews don't always go to the right person if you had to make a change without considerable maintenance.

streamlined expectations with regard to values and performance thresholds. No more paper! Everyone on the same timeline. Ability to run reports for talent review

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Solid Tool, but Room for Improvement"

What do you like best?

The ReviewSnap customer service team is very responsive. They carefully walk me through any issues we run into.

What do you dislike?

ReviewSnap is inflexible. While the customer service team is very responsive, the response they give is often "sorry, no can do."

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

My company is currently working a lot on scalability. We were a small company for so long that Google Docs and spreadsheets were sufficient; now that we've been growing so rapidly, we've found that a lot of our systems need updating. The biggest help we received from ReviewSnap this year is their willingness to do a bulk upload of all of our most up-to-date people data.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Great product !"

What do you like best?

I think Reviewsnap is very easy to use once you have proper hands on training. There were a lot of open fields for employees to get in which confused them a bit.

What do you dislike?

Maybe more customization features that we can do on our own. There are some items we could do away with. There are various fields were not using and having that many fields that are blank confuse some employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay close attention to admin training. There is a lot to learn with this product so take lots of notes!

This is helping us keep our performance reviews electronic instead of on paper.

Reviewsnap review by Nancy S.
Nancy S.

"Human Resources Manager"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the system in regards to the employee and self evaluations

What do you dislike?

When I call the support line I am never able to talk with a live person immediately. I am looking for immediate support and what I receive is a phone call (that usually goes to my voicemail) a few hours later. I think this is unacceptable

We are aligning corporate goals with performance reviews

Reviewsnap review by Maureen S.
Maureen S.

"ReviewSnap is awesome!!"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use and intuitive. Even the set-up was pretty simple. Their support team was fantastic through the entire implementation and ongoing.

What do you dislike?

As far as cascading goals, the system could be more defined on how the cascading goals are connected for reporting purposes.

Originally we were doing performance management on a more manual basis. This software gives us a better view of everything.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"It does what it needs to"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for completing a review (from the employee aspect) and that notifications are sent via email on the various phases of the review process.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that managers cannot start a review for an employee until the employee has submitted. Also, they cannot view employee responses on the screen when they're completing the review. Additionally, from an administrative view point, it's not extremely intuitive to access employee reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not perfect but it's better than a lot of competitors.

We're hoping these encourage communication and document various performance (positive and negative) during the review period.

Reviewsnap review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Good Overall Software, Some Limitations"

What do you like best?

Fair pricing, good organization of tools, suggested text. This tool allows you to both rate competencies and track goals.

What do you dislike?

No dashboard to review all reviews ready for review. Templates are clunky to set up and manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good software solution for small to mid sized businesses.

This has been a good tool to utilize goal tracking; making goals more visible and impact driven.

Reviewsnap review by Tara N. W.
Tara N. W.

"Great, system and easy to use and set-up."

What do you like best?

Navigating in the system is easy. It was very easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

The compensation budgeting section needs to be more flexible to assign just to the department head. In order to do this now, you have to change all the employees department assignments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None at this time.

Having a tool to use to complete review at the end of the year.

Reviewsnap review by Suzanne H.
Suzanne H.

"ReviewSNAP review"

What do you like best?

Easy access

Template is easy to edit and manage.

Spell Check and identified words that were no legally approved or could be discriminatory.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find documents after you get out and have to go back in the second time for editing and printing. --wish there was a dashboard that showed your "Draft" documents

Getting our evaluations completed quicker and more timely.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator

"Reviewsnap is a great bang for your buck"

What do you like best?

I like the control that I have as an Admin on the platform. Now that I'm more comfortable using it, I appreciate being able to update settings and create my own templates.

What do you dislike?

We've had some issues with multiple reviewers for one employee. I would like there to be better programming for these instances. A bit limited for what we're trying to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great value, but have run into some programming limitations.

We are trying to make performance reviews swift an efficient. We have realized efficiencies in that reviews are much more straightforward to input than when we used gSheets.

"Talent Manager"

What do you like best?

Reviewsnap is very user friendly and allows us to keep our employee reviews in one spot, organized and consistent with accessibility to the managers we select.

What do you dislike?

We have had a great experience, from implementation to reviewing our employess. The response from our team has been great. I can't say we have any dislikes about Reviewsnap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, easy to use and very helpful staff!

Reviewsnap has allowed us to find a way to formally review our staff in a remotely based company. It has created a consistent review form for managers to use and review employees with consistent guidelines.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Timely annual reviews with Reviewsnap"

What do you like best?

Reviewsnap is easy to use and a review can be conducted quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The approval process is not intuitive for managers and steps can be missed at times.

We are now completing the majority of our annual reviews on-time for our staff. This is reducing the negative impact of overdue performance evaluations and improving overall employee relations.

Reviewsnap review by Ashley G.
Ashley G.

"Helpful Product"

What do you like best?

It is a nice way to track employees info and the status of their reviews. I like having all of the information in one place.

What do you dislike?

Some of my employees found the system some what not user friendly.

We are making sure all reviews get done, and get done on a timeline. This system makes it easier to track.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great Customer Care Service"

What do you like best?

The attention we receive from our representative and others while she is out is fabulous!

What do you dislike?

Graphing is awful, this is what sold us and now they are working to correct it, but at our benefit :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love the Performance management tool, graphing is awful.

Employee surveys are being used to discover things about morale and work place issues.

"Recommended!"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use. If there is something we want to make specific for our company setup, it is usually doable.

What do you dislike?

The one thing would be getting a hold of those in customer service. Sometimes it takes a day or two to hear back from anyone.

This system is used for our company wide Performance Management process.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"ReviewSnap Review"

What do you like best?

easy interface to navigate / good customer service / online platform

What do you dislike?

bugs / occasional time notifications went off with out being set up by myself / not a entirely customizable review template

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure the review template is what your looking for

its a bit expensive

online reviews / more frequent review timing / easy to share

Reviewsnap review by User in Dairy
User in Dairy

"Manufacturing Mgmt"

What do you like best?

I like the freedom to take a template already set up and ability to customize it to make it fit the organizations situation. Different types of positions need to have reviews specific to them and this software allows for this.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be nice of they had more templates to choose from but the fact that you can customize what is there makes this less of a concern.

Clear expectations and follow up make it easier for teams to operate to optimize results and work together to the benefit of all involved; Successful outcomes.

Reviewsnap review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Reviewing Reviewsnap"

What do you like best?

The pie chart on the dashboard showing a breakdown of status.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems dated and is not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend ensuring the features you are looking for are included in the base product and do not require custom coding at an additional cost.

Reviewsnap replaced the Word doc method we were using previously.

Reviewsnap review by Candice B.
Candice B.

"Great Temporary solution"

What do you like best?

Not having to use word documents and being able to see who has actually completed their reviews. Also the auto-reminders were great!

What do you dislike?

There is no auto-save feature, and the coding used to build the software is pretty outdated.

We were trying to get annual reviews out of word docs and into an actual tech platform

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Reviewsnap"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to teach to our employees on how to use the system.

What do you dislike?

The buttons at the bottom of reviews is hard to know if you should click, next, save, etc.

We weren't having regular reviews at first, but now all employees are getting scheduled one on one time with their managers.

Reviewsnap review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Complete reviews in a snap!"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity. I also like the PDF of the final review making it easy to give the review.

What do you dislike?

When finalizing the process, its is a bit unclear of which actions to do first. Streamline this process.

We are staying on track keeping up with annual reviews and not leaving anyone out.

Administrator in Human Resources

"I am a reveiwsnap user through my employer."

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the questions to the review process.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that from one year to the next there may be fields that get unchecked without my knowing and the process/forms will not work because of the changes.

Maintaining all the reviews in one location and the ability to track them.

Reviewsnap review by Renee S.
Renee S.

"Simplicity and ease of use."

What do you like best?

Modular architecture, easily customizable, reports are clear and easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not intuitive and you need to reach out to tech support to get it configured the way you want it.

Workflow, efficiency and ease of use for employee performance evaluations. We have streamlined and centralized the review process.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Reviewsnap"

What do you like best?

Inexpensive compared to the other vendors we vetted we very similar features.

What do you dislike?

No longer have an account manager so only contact is through support via email and they do not have a phone number for tech support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth considering if you are looking at Performance Management software. It doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles of some of the other vendors but the cost is significantly less.

Changing the mindset the performance management is a year round job. Reviewsnap is more efficient tool for our managers to use.

Reviewsnap review by Todd S.
Todd S.

"Very Effective"

What do you like best?

ReviewSnap is an easy to deploy solution that offers lots of flexibility

What do you dislike?

nothing of significance. the solution works well.

wanted the ability to do 360 degree reviews - and needed mobile capabilities. the solution worked well to give our management the insights they needed to implement an incentive system.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Director of Talent"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate, create reports and the team at Review Snap is very accommodating.

What do you dislike?

As with any software, there are limitations to the system fitting your exact needs. We created a work-around solution to address our specific team dynamics...and the team was fantastic at walking us through the scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great option and easy to administer and for employees to navigate.

Using feedback and communication to build team competencies and performance. Our team values giving and receiving feedback so that benefit is the primary one realized.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"I like Review Snap because it is user friendly and feel comfortable with it."

What do you like best?

Easy to manage. User friendly and reports are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not been able to quickly get to the list of employees when I am viewing the reviews. I have to go back couple times before I am able to see the list. It could be fixed by adding the same drop down list on the top even when we are looking at different employees' reviews.

The system gives the Journal Entry feature which helps keep track of activities employees do during the year.

Reviewsnap review by User in Internet

"HR review on Review Snap"

What do you like best?

I like that this program forces employees and managers to set aside time to review performance throughout the year. I think it gives the opportunity to customize based on the teams individual needs.

What do you dislike?

I have not used the program long enough to find something I dislike. So far I have not had any major issues when using this program.

The benefit of consistency is huge in our company. It is great to know where you stand among your team and with your manager.

Reviewsnap review by Apple C.
Apple C.

"In General, it's a good product"

What do you like best?

Reviewsnap has strong functions, it demonstrates what a performance management system should be.

What do you dislike?

The support from reviewsnap is week, e.g. slow respond, no regular training. Also, even though a small change request, it costs a lot of money.

We don't see a big problem about employee here.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Generally good product, not perfect."

What do you like best?

Easy to use, fairly good management tools.

What do you dislike?

We have had problems in the past with the numerical scoring and averaging not working properly.

Product has helped us monitor personnel review process more efficiently and improved our process by facilitating easier and faster completion of reviews.

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"Potentially "

What do you like best?

The system is very configurable, and the fields of information you're able to capture provide good defaults with good flexibility for customization.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is overly complicated. Furthermore, there should be more flexibility in-terms of how access to various reviews is provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perform a full dry-run with the system before providing access to users,

We're trying to capture company 360 reviews, and end-of-year feedback. We captured the information, but found it difficult to disseminate this information to the individual managers.

"Solid product"

What do you like best?

Reviewsnap was easy to start using and easy for most employees to start using. There are a ton of great features.

What do you dislike?

At this point, there aren't really dislikes.

We have a very challenging tool previously. This one was easier and so much cheaper!

Reviewsnap review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Why Reviewsnap was our choice"

What do you like best?

Electronic access to all users, keeping data and input accessible at all times. When used regularly there is a great opportunity to ease the pain of a one time year end review by having the "year in review" at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

Process of handing off can be cumbersome at times, but mostly related to employees not following process.

Ability to provide year round feedback and input. Employee development is a must and employees like to have routine feedback, not just annual.

Reviewsnap review by Executive Sponsor in Professional Training & Coaching
Executive Sponsor in Professional Training & Coaching

"Reviewsnap review"

What do you like best?

The entire process is organized. You can customize your reviews to match your goals and objectives. E-mail communications are built in, including reminders.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit cumbersome to get set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any similar product, you'll get out of it what you put into it. Having the discipline to use it is critical.

Desire is to align performance with corporate strategic plans. Helps each person to see the role they play and how they feed into it.

Reviewsnap review by Fahma M.
Fahma M.

"User friendly system. However, a bit rigid in terms of customization. "

What do you like best?

Able to check a problem for employees through various means. User friendly and easy to explain to employees.

What do you dislike?

Unable to customize and upload documents ourselves.

Working on new performance review form - Reviewsnap rep is able to upload and customize for us.

Learn more about Reviewsnap

Reviewsnap Videos

Learning about Reviewsnap?

* We monitor all Reviewsnap reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.