Reward Gateway

Reward Gateway is on a mission to make the world a better place to work. Our Employee Engagement Platform enables HR to support complex workforces in a segmented way, making it easier to attract, engage and retain staff. Accessible across all devices, user-friendly and available globally, the home for your employee benefits, discounts or perks, reward and recognition products, employee wellbeing solutions, employee surveys and a full suite of employee communication tools.

Work for Reward Gateway?

Learning about Reward Gateway?

Reward Gateway Reviews

Ask Reward Gateway a Question
Showing 77 Reward Gateway reviews
Reward Gateway review by <span>Anna-Lisa  D.</span>
Anna-Lisa D.

"SmartHub - SmartCulture"

What do you like best?

SmartHub delivers a number of objectives for us. The main objective being to work as a platform for delivering our Employee Engagement strategy through meaningful and collaborative communication, a strong employee recognition suite and benefits portal. SmartHub is flexible, easy to use and can be tailored not only to your brand, but your values as well. It's a fantastic communication tool for our staff, helps our staff feel unified under one company despite being dispersed across different sites and counties. We have flexibility over content creation, with assistance from the Client Support and Design teams wherever needed. Our Senior Client Success Manager is always on hand to help with new and creative initiatives not only within the SmartHub Platform, but for our own employee engagement plans as well.

What do you dislike?

The back-end design tool could be a bit more flexible to allow client creativity without asking Reward Gateway's design team. There are only certain things you're able to do to make your SmartHub look amazing yourself and everything else needs to go to the Reward Gateway design team. Their Design team are brilliant, but sometimes it is quicker and more efficient to be able to design elements yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan your implementation and get your staff involved with what they want to see on the SmartHub. It is their platform after all! This gains by-in from staff from the beginning and helps build SmartHub in your culture, which is what you should aim for.

Our overall objectives were to strengthen communication and feedback channels. Have a 'one-stop shop for everything "JCB" and to provide a flexible and relevant platform for our benefits scheme, including our Discount Portal.

In addition, we wanted to improve our Employee Engagement score and this increased by 3% overall - with our largest increases being in communication and benefits.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Reward Gateway
Reward Gateway review by <span>Chris S.</span>
Chris S.

"HR Reward Consultant view of SmartHub from a large Financial Services business"

What do you like best?

The discounts available are the best you will find on the market. RG also have the widest choice of retailers available of any employee discount provider. We have the reward and recognition, and childcare vouchers modules from RG as well. It's useful for the recognition side of thing especially to have the discounts as an attraction point to encourage usage. Often recognition is a separate system that requires it's own login and so isn't used frequently. The Smarthub is the home screen of the discounts portal, where you can link to other modules, or create your own content. This makes it ideal for smaller businesses especially to have their own secure external 'intranet' to hold policies and HR information. The smartpages that you can link to the smarthub are intuitive and easy to update. You get design team support to create visually appealing images for your smarthub tiles, which would normally be a very expensive undertaking if you went to an external studio to have them produced.

What do you dislike?

IT Security support is very slow to respond, and I mean very slow - we have waited months for responses for basic requirements. Although the majority of businesses who deal with RG will probably have their queries picked up by the security pdf document that is produced, for financial businesses we need to be able to go into detail and speak to someone who works in the IT team.

Development of the platform has not been clearly sign posted in the past. The development roadmap has not been communicated, and then a change is made on the site you weren't told about or were told about with a week's notice - the change could have consequences that would mean we would have to block access to the site or you can't update you employee listing. Suddenly you're on the back foot trying to resolve the issue in a short time frame. A clearly mapped out and project managed road map of developments is required and should be shared with clients, who should be kept up to date on large milestones, so that we can plan both comms and IT requirements.

While the use of a free design team is fantastic, you will need to prepare early and be flexible with timeframes because it can take a long time to get designs back that you're happy with if you have a restrictive brand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smarthub is generally easy to use, good value for money in terms of return on investment, and has the best discounts available of any product like this. Issues are generally with communication and support if something goes wrong. They're a small company that is lean (how they are so competitive on pricing), this means if you have an issue that doesn't fit into their model of what is a common issue, then it will take a long time to resolve. It feels like the company has grown too fast, and so sometimes the support isn't there. The main helpdesk team is based in Bulgaria and sometimes there is a disconnect between what you're told by them and the UK based team. I have found myself in the past contacting both to try to get to the truth. I think there is a mantra in the UK based team to never tell you no, so if you ask for something they will try to accommodate you. You will then go down the line with them, telling the business that you're going to deliver something, then when it comes to the Bulgaria based team implementing the change, you're told it's not possible or you can do it but you need to compromise on what you were promised by the UK based team. In reality I'd rather be told what is possible up front and told that what we're asking for isn't available.

Engagement, communications, employee recognition. Our intranet is only accessible through the company network, so having our SmartHub accessible all the time from any device is very helpful in terms of attracting employees to our employer brand, but also information that they may need on the go or while they're not in work such as maternity / paternity policies and information or our elearning system.

What Employee Engagement solution do you use?

Reward Gateway review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

"The Power of the SmartHub"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and control. I am able to log on and make changes instantly when necessary and also play around with different layouts, formats before making anything go live. I love that I have access to all the data and stats on how colleagues are using the platform so that I can get excited about how well the platform is doing.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is the SmartPages layout as you cannot manipulate the layout the same as your home page. If more could be done with this so that you can put tiles where you want them I think it would make these pages more engaging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a dedicated person or team who can look after this then it will give you the opportunity to really make it your own. If, you don't have someone to look after it then worry not. The team at RG are more than helpful and are experts in advising you on how to make the most of it.

Our main achievement with this was to be able to offer colleagues a platform where they could ALL access great savings & discounts. Our previous provider only really benefited our higher earners and as the majority of our workforce are on NMW this was really excluding them. The launch of our SmartHub went down a storm with colleagues and we keep seeing some great results & feedback.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Laura H.</span>
Laura H.

"Overwhelmingly positive"

What do you like best?

I love how much control over the look and feel of the site you are given. Its branded with our images, colours and logos and has a professional website feel. Its so easy to use both for our people but also as an administrator and the fact it can be accessed through any mobile device means we can reach our mobile workforce directly for the first time with our benefit offering. I have had truly great support from the team at RG during launch of the site but then in further launches such as our recognition awards.

What do you dislike?

Any issues we have had largely arose from us not fully understanding the process before we went live e.g. when emails would be sent in holiday trading. The team were always happy to help, but I now make sure I have a training call in before we launch anything so I understand how it will work, what our people will see (and when) which makes everything a lot smoother.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really helps to speak to one of the advisors and go through new processes such as cycle to work or holiday trading in advance. Our only issues have arisen because we didn't understand some of the processes or we assumed they would act a certain way. We make sure we have training sessions now (which RG are happy to accommodate) to make sure we know what's going to happen before we go live.

Engagement with a mobile workforce, bringing information to them directly for the first time. injecting fun and excitement into our benefit provision for a very low additional cost. A platform to showcase our benefits and help our people value how much we invest in them. Reduced administration time and costs

Reward Gateway review by <span>Emily L.</span>
Emily L.

"Easy to use and benefits our staff. "

What do you like best?

very self explanatory and easy to use

What do you dislike?

how long the discounts take to process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really beneficial way to reward yourself but to save money at the same time! You can use the smart hub to request your holidays or either get eye-care voucher for leading optical specialist spec-savers. As well as the savings you can request your entitlement towards Child Care Vouchers, using the CCV calculator. You can use this throughout your family and friends including big company's such as B & Q and John Lewis, as well as getting discounts in local high street shops, you can save on cinema tickets, insurance and holidays. You can make savings in multiple of way including cash back, store cards and instant vouchers. I regularly use the cinema tickets and get my local cinema tickets for half the price as what i would spend if brought there.

We want to get more interactive with our HR systems, so we are striving to make the site better, by adding addition HR resources and survey. I have been attending webex to capture the correct date we need and through this it will hopefully interest more of out staff member to join and use the service as much as they can! We have already started doing this by by including holiday request forms and eye care request. We would love to be able to start adding exit interviews to capture more information electronically rather then all my paperwork. This will also help us in the long running with the introduction of GDPR.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Trevor S.</span>
Trevor S.

"EmMA's Benefits becomes an award winning success for Nottingham Trams"

What do you like best?

We have been able to create an amazing brand with Reward Gateway for our Smart hub using our little Robot mascot Emma. The reward gateway team have really embraced our brand and help us shape the smart hub for our employees. Previously we had a number of different providers for employee benefits and the Smart hub brings it all to one place for employees. Using this approach has been a huge success for us and given all Nottingham Trams employees a product that is a REAL benefit to them.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to answer this, generally we have had nothing but praise from employees. Yes there have been a few queries on response times or extra functionality for some aspects of the Hub. But Reward Gateway always are happy to take feedback and improve what they do!

Using the Smart hub has removed so many barriers for employees at Nottingham Trams when is comes to accessing employee benefits. This has been a great success for our business. For me personally I have used the hub many times and find it easy and simple to use.

Reward Gateway review by <span>James P.</span>
James P.

"An excellent platform doing just as it says on the tin!"

What do you like best?

The ease of making savings whether through cashback or instant vouchers, I myself have saved over £200 using the platform and know that the majority of our clients have bought in to it in a big way.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we have come across is response times from the rewards support team when querying cashback deals, it can take a number of days before a response is received. However I have always been able to speak direct to our account manager, Kam who has followed these up on my behalf.

We support 100's of employers with their payroll, weekly, fortnightly and monthly. To try and offer something that our competitors didn't we purchased a license with Smart Hub rewards and offered the access for discounts free of charge as a value add the service we already offer. This has given us greater engagement from our clients pinning them down long term.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Michelle D.</span>
Michelle D.

"Great platform & benefit for the team"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; everything is easy to find and use within the platform, as both an end user and administrator. It's a super intuitive platform and easy to manage our team & programs. The support team is also great and always supporting us to make the platform better, and maximise user experience.

What do you dislike?

Really don't know how to answer this, the dislikes are more about us not utilising it to it's full benefit, and have nothing to do with the platform itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My main recommendation is to be clear about everything it can do, and utilise as much of it as you can; if you implement just one piece it's only the tip of the iceberg and there is so much you can build on and more you can benefit from it.

We engaged with SmartHub initially as an employee perk, offering discounts to our team. They are engaged with that feature, but there is much more we can to engage with the recognition and other features.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Matthew H.</span>
Matthew H.

"Why do I love RG?"

What do you like best?

I love their creativity and their passion. I love that they do what they say they're gonna do. I love that you can go to them with a crazy idea and they say "We can do that" rather than "No sorry." I love that they really try to understand what you're trying to achieve and help you realise that.

What do you dislike?

I genuinely don't dislike anything. if I wanted to be really picky, I'd say that the admin hub for the site can be feel a little bit clunky but that's probably more about me and my skills rather than a failing of RG.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!!

SmartHub is allowing Geberit to communicate in a match faster, fluid way. it provides the backbone of our staff recognition work and it's a fabulous way to help our employees save money.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Cieran K.</span>
Cieran K.

"Bright and shiny and new"

What do you like best?

I always describe RG to people as a mini Google (unfair I know but its the only way to give them a concept they can grasp easily) Not just the fluid easy to use system but also the fantastic human people who genuinely love their jobs and believe in the brand.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything as yet, only issue i have had is a misunderstanding of requirements which was quickly and simply resolved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about the communication tools you already have, as SmartHub is easier to use and more user friendly - if you already have multiple channels you could use SmartHub to streamline them to one source

a coherent solution for erecognition and engagement. the difficulty is always finding what that definition of engagement looks like for the organisation

Reward Gateway review by <span>Crystal B.</span>
Crystal B.

"a great start"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of this program. It really has come quite a long way. It really has helped us to work together as a team in a whole new way. Communication around the office is great and projects are getting done much more quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were a few more options. I feel like it has come quite a long way but still has a few things to learn about itself

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give the trial a try. You never know until you see what it can do for you and your company. We have noticed some amazing results and are just getting started.

The employee surveys are really allowing me to find out exactly where my staff is at. I am able to see what they are thinking, where we need improvements, and where they are happy about changes we have made. This feature allows me to give them a platform that makes them comftorable opening up, where as they might not be in a one on one person to person situation.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Jacara D.</span>
Jacara D.

"A tailored business solution for engagement, rewards, recognition, benefits and so much more!"

What do you like best?

The fantastic discounts from over 350+ national retailers, the user-friendly platform, the second-to-none service from the RG team. The Ecard system is also fantastic and our employees love sending/receiving them! The robust real-time reporting functionality that allows us to track spend and savings, popularity of retailers... brilliant!

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about the product itself but I think they're are such an innovative team at RG, they are very quick to roll out updates that perhaps need a little more testing before going live to market. But I love the fact they are so cutting-edge it's always evolving and they tend to solve problems I didn't know I had!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your rapport with your RG Account Manager is key! Our AM is hands-down one of the best, most competent people I have worked with. She assisted with us to launch, and has been with us the whole way. She understands the fundamental issues in our business as we have transparent communication but also her experience with the system itself, and with other clients has meant that I know I can rely on her to assist me with getting things across the line in a timely fashion but even just as a sounding board. I've dealt with others at RG also and they have been great. Establishing that connection is fundamental in ensuring your platform hits all the right notes in your organization.

We needed one unified system to communicate business news and updates to our 600+ employees across all states of operation in Australia. Our RG platform has allowed us to effectively communicate company, state-based, people and philanthropy news at the click of a button. We also wanted to enhance our R&R and benefits scheme with employees and we have now spent over $400k as a Group and collectively saved tens of thousands. Our customized solution continues to build in momentum and go from strength to strength, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product to anyone wanting to increase engagement, reward and recognize staff and provide a timely communication platform to their wider team. Our people now feel our RG platform is a one-stop-shop for all their news and eagerly await the articles from across the business!

Reward Gateway review by <span>Rachel P.</span>
Rachel P.

"Brilliant benefit platform!"

What do you like best?

Front end of the website: The benefits on offer are fantastic! In little over a year I have saved over £1200! This has been a mixture of savings on vouchers and also cashback earned on transactions. I have used the platform for buying entry tickets to parks, cinema tickets, insurance, holidays, tv packages, mobile contracts and so much more! Almost all of my online transactions I make can have an extra added benefit by using our Reward Gateway platform to either get a discount of gain cashback! I have also spread the joy with family and friends by ordering vouchers for them also when needed and they love it!

Back end of the website: So easy to navigate! You don't need to be a computer whiz to understand how to reorganise and design your platform. The tiles are all easy to move by drag and drop and resized easily by pulling the corners. You can design your own tiles and upload the images with ease and make the platform look and feel however you like. It's so simple and easy that we regularly change the front page to keep our employees interest peaked.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really much I dislike. Sometimes it can take a while to receive cashback (max 120 days - which can be quite some times after purchase!).

We offered a lot of great benefits to employees but we didn't have a single platform for our employees to find these meaning that some of our benefits weren't fully utilized. Now all of these are stored in one area along side the great discounts we can offer by using our Reward Gateway platform!

Reward Gateway review by <span>Sarah M.</span>
Sarah M.

"The LINK - Charles Tyrwhitt's Smart Hub"

What do you like best?

The LINK connects our business in am exciting and importnat new way

What do you dislike?

The hub could be more interactive. It feels very employer to employee communication and it would be great to have a little more employee to employee

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient and expect to have to dedicate resource to it if you really want it to make a difference to your workforce. You have keep it alive.

We are connecting business areas and allowing people a new form of communication.

It is supporting a culture of transparent, frequent and timely communication.

We launched in late 2017 so we are still building it's use and presence but we are delighted with the engagement we are seeing so far. It is going to continue to be a work in progress for some time as we learn about the benefits and refine the hub so we can get the most out of it.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Nadeen M.</span>
Nadeen M.

"Smarthub"

What do you like best?

Smarthub is a really great way in which to reward and recognize our employees by providing them with a huge range of everyday discounts, access to the latest Tech and encouraging a culture of recognition and saying Thank You within our organization.

What do you dislike?

The MI can be a little tricky to extract and I would like to see more about how our employees are accessing the site i.e. mobile, desktop and at what times during the day so we can target our communications more effectively.

It time of limited benefit budgets this is a great way to give something tangible and real back to employees.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Fiona F.</span>
Fiona F.

"Easy to use, great for staff engagement"

What do you like best?

The reward and recognition elements (E-cards, instant rewards etc) are great for driving staff to the site and for engaging staff and creating a culture recognition and congratulation. Having one central place where we can store all our information, policies and paperwork both Group-wide and for individual businesses from across the Group is really valuable.

What do you dislike?

It's a shame that the template is so rigid - we were hoping for round tiles etc as that fits in with our Group brand, which would be brilliant! Also, the fact that it's not available as an app I think impacts staff engaging with it as a product. I think there is an expectation these days that this would be possible.

It's such early days after our relaunch but the feedback has been really positive.

Reward Gateway review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Fantastic employee benefits hub and fantastic savings to be made!"

What do you like best?

I love the tile format of Smarthub which makes it really user friendly. I also love the fact that it allows us to have all our employee benefits in the same place. The shopping discounts are fantastic too, personally I have saved nearly £900 and our employees have saved over £600,000 collectively!

What do you dislike?

I cant think of anything that I dislike about Smarthub

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this product

Smarthub allows us to have all our employee benefits and rewards in one place meaning employees know where to go to be able to see what is available to them. We have also been able to pass on massive savings to our employees which they love! We have seen increased employee engagement through using Smarthub and over 60% of our employees are registered with the site.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Fiona W.</span>
Fiona W.

"Smarthub - looks great and easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

Platform looks great, very current and is very flexible so can be tailored to suit corporate branding rather than looking like an additional product. Great range of discounts and the Smartspending app makes accessing these much quicker and easier. Excellent support and quick responses from the Client Support team, the design team and Chloe our Client Success Mgr whenever we have questions or need help with a new tile or graphic.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes as changes can be made quickly and with help from RG when needed.

Although we don't use all the products, we have close to 100% of employees registered making significant savings via childcare vouchers, cycle to work and shopping discounts. The wellbeing hub also fits well with our own wellbeing offering with embedded links between the two.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Debbie M.</span>
Debbie M.

"SmartHub offers dynamic solutions "

What do you like best?

SmartHub offers a large range of everyday discount using the latest technology making it very easy for employees and their families to use and take advantage of.

What do you dislike?

What’s there no to like? It’s the best employee discount platform in the industry.

SmartHub helps us with employee engagement. With the help of the Reward Gateway team we are regularly communicating and promoting our Company benefits to make employees feel valued and feel part of a first class business that has its employees at the heart of everything it does.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Mark A.</span>
Mark A.

"easy to navigate and adaptable"

What do you like best?

i like how easy the site is to update and change ensuring the page never starts to look old and forgotten. the designs are great and helps to identify the company brand

What do you dislike?

there is nothing so far to dislike about the product, my only criticism would be our value awards and some delay in the funds being allocated

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking to implement a system that is highly adaptable and easy to use for all employees then i would highly recommend Smart Hub

easy to access benefit information, it enabled us to review all our benefits and re-engage with employees over a core feature of working for and at logicalis.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"Smartness wrapped up in an easy to use, fully customisable platform. No coding skills needed."

What do you like best?

So easy to customise and update. Everything you do can be moved, resized, added and removed. Fully customising the SmartHub means it looks 100% on brand for our business and doesn't looks like an 'off the shelf' product. The unique URL for the hub also makes it easy for team members to reach on their desktop or mobile (everything is automatically mobile enabled). The support form Reward Gateway is amazing, I can ask a question, and have it instantly answered via live chat, 24 hours a day. Being a Reward Gateway client is more like being part of a community which is a really nice. touch.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike more suggestions to enhance the platform, which they are always willing to listen too. The blog tool is an area that could be enhanced, for example introduce email notifications to let team members know a new blog post had been published would be a useful addition. Interactive organisational charts would also be another great feature.

It has become a single location for things that matter to our team members including benefits, discounts, policies and learning. We are beginning to utilise the platform for Internal Comms now with blogs and moving away from a traditional weekly newsletter. We have also moved away from relying on the traditional intranet (which looked dated and was hard to update) in favour of the SmartHub.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"A great choice for employee rewards and benefits site"

What do you like best?

The personalised help from all of the team! RG have really been extremely helpful not only in getting us set up and helping us to use the platform but through all communications and activations to our employees.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. There are some small technical pieces that still need some tweaking by by enlarge the site is absolutely perfect for our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great personalised service for employees

We do have issues around reaching staff as many work away from computer terminals therefore communication is very important to us and by having an App we can reach all of our staff all of the time.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Kevin W.</span>
Kevin W.

"The Employee Engagement Journey!"

What do you like best?

Support from Reward Gateway team for all products and services.

Discounts and eCards

What do you dislike?

This is not a dislike response, more of a improvement request response!

Blogs and Articles require improvement to promote increased usage. They require to be easier to compile, distribute and review prior to launch.

Notifications for comments and likes to the eCard system will increase usage from peer to peer in my opinion also.

Reward and Recognition.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Melanie C.</span>
Melanie C.

"Great way to engage with your bosses & c-level managers"

What do you like best?

As an employee, it was a great way to communicate with the company leadership especially when face to face interaction wasn't always well received on the exec-level.

What do you dislike?

It could take the management a bit of time to either review employee recommendations or develop a plan of action on implementing some of the recommendations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The engagement aspect is great IF you listen to what your employees are trying to tell you. A happy and improved workplace is definetely more enjoyable and productive.

Communication, communication, communication as well as streamlining company efficiency and working towards new business models that can help the company grow. There were a lot of really great tools the software offers that my then company did not take advantage of fully.

Reward Gateway review by Executive Sponsor in Financial Services
Executive Sponsor in Financial Services

"Fantastic employee benefits offering with huge savings on everyday shopping to be had!"

What do you like best?

Smarthub is fantastic, changes are easy and the system is very flexible so can be tailored to suit anyone. An amazing array discounts and the Smartspending app makes accessing these much quicker and easier. Excellent support and quick responses from the Client Support team and Rebecca our Client Success Mgr.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

SmartHub allows our employee’s to gain from the huge savings on offer it also gives us an opportunity promote other employee benefits. We have seen increased employee engagement through using SmartHub by utilising Cycle to Work and SMARTFIT with over 85% of our employees are registered with the site.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Melanie S.</span>
Melanie S.

"Easy set up and use "

What do you like best?

The peer to peer award nominations. Being nominated by a colleague for an achievement is sometimes more valuable than being thanked by a manager.

What do you dislike?

The e-cards. We don’t really use them and many of the team have said they feel it’s an outdated way to communicate.

We use the site as our employee benefits hub. Its fantastic to have all this information in one place.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Melissa S.</span>
Melissa S.

"Excellent product with helpful and friendly support staff"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use - I can make changes to my own site in my own time. My account managers and the online help is always available for back up

What do you dislike?

I find the cycle to work difficult to understand what stage I have got up to

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the reporting side which is excellent once you know what you are doing

Attend training days put on by Reward Gateway when you can as you always come out with something useful

We are using this to help to promote our company values with our staff which will ultimately help us to achieve our business vision

Reward Gateway review by <span>Max W.</span>
Max W.

"Market-leading, user-friendly employee engagement"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly interface allows the employer to easily customise and update the content and appearance of the hub, ensuring that the astonishing range of employee benefits achieves its maximum reach. A great way to bring our employees unbeatable deals with hundreds of retailers and service providers, it's also a valuable and versatile communication tool

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet - RG have clearly put a lot of thought into developing their product and it really shows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SmartHub is head and shoulders above rival systems - at the very least, arrange a meeting with their enthusiastic and friendly team to discuss your needs.

We introduced an employee engagement scheme to address recruitment and retention in a low-paid sector. It's early days yet (we only launched in late June), but our staff have collectively already spent over £75K and saved in excess of £10K. It's a great way to reward and incentivise staff in an environment in which payrises are few and far between.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Nadine H.</span>
Nadine H.

"Great product that has improved our employee engagement and communication."

What do you like best?

I like how flexible it is - we can pretty much make it look how we want. The content as well is almost whatever you can come up with - Reward Gateway will find a way to make it work.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I dislike anything, Anything that isn't how we want it is only because we haven't got round to sorting it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to engage your employees and want somewhere to park all those "If only we could do this..." - this is it.

Earlier this year we surveyed all our employees and the biggest issue was internal communications. FAB (the name of our SmartHub™) is already improving this even though we still have many other items to add to it. It was launched in September and by early next year we will be able to do away with all the internal non-work related emails that fly around and wind everyone up (ans work related ones too). The other problem, with our rapid growth, has been that we don't know who everyone is. With the Who's Who and other future projects this is being resolved.

Reward Gateway review by <span>james l.</span>
james l.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

website is easy to navigate from both employee and administrator view. Offers are great with a wide variety. Admin support is excellent when required

What do you dislike?

would like to see local benefits to s specific geographical location, or the option to suggest other retailers RG could approach to organise discounts with. These are not available at present.

Recently we have moved over to RG for childcare vouchers which has been smooth and seemless. We are also seeing greater employee engagement / chatter about the platform as more and more use it.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"Good platform with really good benefits"

What do you like best?

Vast amounts of discounts available to suit nearly everybody. The smart spending app is really handy and made it much more user friendly especially when on the go.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to see which of our employees have registered and use it so I can speak to them individually and encourage them to use it but that's not possible due to data protection. A single sign on would be really beneficial so staff don't have to log in separately to see MoliHub Blogs and News.

Employees morale increased.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Simon B.</span>
Simon B.

"A tangible benefit to our business"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy for our employees to access and navigate around. It's provided a one stop shop for our colleagues in accessing and understanding their benefits and a great format for keeping them informed of what's happening in our business. Our Account Management from Reward Gateway is great.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say nothing. Any issues we've had have been resolved quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear view of your objectives and employer branding it'll help Reward Gateway to steer you in the right direction.

Communication and a one stop shop solution.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"A fantastic platform, designed to help improve employee engagement."

What do you like best?

Smarthub brings employee discounts, reward & recognition and wellbeing together in one, easy to use engagement platform which is customised with our company branding. It's a crucial support tool, helping drive employee engagement.

The Smart Spending app is extremely useful for employees to take advantage of savings whilst on the go and the Smart Insights app provides a Dashboard showing how well our program is running, at the touch of a button.

What do you dislike?

It's a great product and there isn't anything to dislike.

Our employees love to save money, just about every retailer is featured.

Its really easy to manage our employee incentives and our Long Service Awards on the platform.

Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is underpinned by the information and guidance available to employees through our 'Wellbeing Centre'.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Simon N.</span>
Simon N.

"Smart hub is modern, easy to use and progressive. Smart user experience in both look and feel."

What do you like best?

Modern look and feel but intuitive to use. Great colleague experience demonstrated by how many people come back and use it weekly/daily. Travis Perkins Group RFP'd the market and in our view this was "head and shoulders" the best solution. Integration is critical and this product is properly joined up delivering seamless colleague experiences.

What do you dislike?

In truth nothing. The software is highly configurable and therefore Reward Gateway have been able to meet our diverse requirements. Colleague feedback is constantly positive. Spend on the site consistently high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whilst I haven't looked at the broader market for 18 months, my expectation would be that Smart Hub / Reward Gateway would be on the shortlisted technologies.

The site is a Recognition site. We have delivered positive engagement, real cost savings for colleagues and multiple Reward solutions - voluntary discounts, peer to peer recognition, recognition awards and long service awards. A positive partner experience so far and no regrets about the decision to select this technology/appoint this partner.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Fantastic platform, easy to use and excellent support!"

What do you like best?

I have personally been directly involved with the setup, implementation and continuous development of our rewards system. i was quickly given top tier access to the back end along with some basic training to be able to do pretty much whatever i like to the system!, creating content, altering the design and more has been very easy to do and the support has always been available and of top quality.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customisation to the home page

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

We haven't necessarily had problems which required resolving however we had never had anything like this in place before Rewards Gateway came on board, the SmartHub has seen employee engagement increase and is used a lot by users to recognise individuals for many different things.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Niki F.</span>
Niki F.

"Total ease of use and a very helpful team."

What do you like best?

I love the app it makes using the benefit so quick and simple. Automatically registering our new starters every week has seen a huge surge in members and employee spend over the past year. The team are so helpful and always very friendly. Communication is always straight forward and eye catching.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more instant vouchers available.

Since the security data update a large amount of employees were not able to login, however the helpdesk have always been able to resolve this issue.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Amy C.</span>
Amy C.

"relevant & important"

What do you like best?

meaningful way to reward & recognise the team, simplicity in administration of site, amazing account management supporting with comms & creative

What do you dislike?

really struggling to think of something to write here!

enhancing rewards package, hoping to reduce attrition & increase staff satisfaction. Able to consolidate all staff benefits in one place

Executive Sponsor

"SmartHub has enabled us to host all of our benefits on one easy-to-use, engaging platform"

What do you like best?

I like the fact everything is in one place and this has reduced benefit related queries to HR by a huge amount. The new benefits that come with the platform, like the retail discounts, have been really well received and it feels like our overall benefits package is now much more joined up, easy to access and use and more engaging across the group.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as such, but I see what the potential of the site could be and need some patience as it's going to take time to get there!

A huge reduction in time spent dealing with benefit related queries, a reduction in 3rd party benefit providers, an improved benefits offering which helps attract and retain people at all levels.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Debbie C.</span>
Debbie C.

"Logicalis Review"

What do you like best?

The instant awards mean you can receive discounts on all purchases even those that you werent previously considering when you go out.

What do you dislike?

some of the reloadable cards take too long to top up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother with another provider - they do exactly what they say they are going to. Implementation was smooth and has been well received by all levels of staff.

employees have felt they are actually receiving a benefit from day 1 of employment. They don't have to wait to benefit.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"Great product, great team, looking forward to a more user-friendly experience."

What do you like best?

As an individual, I enjoy using the discounts, writing blogs, and surfacing internal communications. The applets are nice and overall there's a wide range of things you can do within smart hub. The team at RG are so passionate about their product which is reassuring, they're also implementing new things and evolving the product.

What do you dislike?

It 's quite laborious at the moment to publish content (too many clicks). I'd like to be more creative with the product, more intranet like.

n/a

Reward Gateway review by <span>Lucy D.</span>
Lucy D.

"Great User Experience"

What do you like best?

Fantastic, easy to use site via desktop or mobile offering all our employees a great range of discounts across 1000 of retailers. Communication plans are relevant and current linking to everyday events e.g. Easter, Valentines, Christmas. Continuous improvements made to product offering, always one step ahead.

What do you dislike?

Some issues experienced in reporting and employee access

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Reward Gateway for your employee discount platform.

We have fantastic employee engagement on the site, with employees apprecaiting the everyday savings.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Simple, Slick and Smart!!"

What do you like best?

SmartHub has many great features, one of my personal favourites is the way you can pre-load different layouts and initiatives throughout the year. This really helps to stay on top of communications and makes the content relevant.

What do you dislike?

This is difficult, I can't think of anything that I dislike to be honest. Most things can be customised so what's there not to like!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not often you find a good system coupled with an amazing variety of discounts and secure transactions/voucher deliveries. If you want something with minimal management, scheduling tools and simple administration this is a contender.

Helping our people to make their pay go further. Extending our benefit offering to meaningful daily discounts such as food shopping/insurance/holidays.

Reward Gateway review by <span>James B.</span>
James B.

"Good service which is constantly improving"

What do you like best?

Reward Gateway never stay still in their development. I find they are constantly looking to improve their offering.

What do you dislike?

Their responsiveness and flexibility with regards to problems or system suggestions. I feel their offering is sometimes constrained in terms of what can be bespoke for customers.

It helps us with regards to customer retention by strengthening the offering to our customers. The discounts and features offered by Reward Gateway are a key add on benefit of our service.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Fiona H.</span>
Fiona H.

"Ace user experience!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use - it's intuitive and every feels confident using it

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's awesome! Really has made our life easier!

Making our employee benefits package accessible to everyone, and making it a pleasure to look at and use

Reward Gateway review by <span>Mitch T.</span>
Mitch T.

"Fast, reliable and easy to use "

What do you like best?

It’s highly customisable and very user friendly. You haven’t got to be an expert to use it. I also like how responsive it is.

What do you dislike?

I don’t think there’s anything I dislike!

Helps us with our communication massively, and engagement of course.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"We love SmartHub at Warrington Borough Council"

What do you like best?

SmartHub is a really flexible tool that helps us tailor the messages to the needs of our employees and use it effectively to communicate key messages

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the SmartHub

At Warrington we use the SmartHub to reach our to our employees who are not on line in their place of work and use it as a communication tool for key business, employee benefits and health and wellbeing messages

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"Complicated to start with"

What do you like best?

Can see what the page will look like before you "go live"

What do you dislike?

It is complicated until you find your way around it and there was a bit of trial & error when first using. Could do with a step by step guide to show you what to do

Allows us to have a say on what we are showing for our colleagues in the system and also to add localised offers.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Great addition to our company benefits"

What do you like best?

design of the platform, range of rewards

What do you dislike?

nothing comes to mind at this point in time

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great way to add value to employees, the portal is a great addition to our business and we are able to incorporate a number of different rewards and benefits in to one place which is great. The range targets a wide range of demographics so there is something to appeal to everyone.

Engagement for younger employees who are more interested in the kind of benefits offered via smarthub than our standard company flexible benefits. It is a great way to reward this demographic to retain them and increase their total reward package.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Colin P.</span>
Colin P.

"Best I have worked with"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to manage at Company level, and very intuitive for end user

What do you dislike?

The e-mailing of codes to for employees to redeem award. These tend to land in junk or are lost, resulting in extra work to find and resend reward code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At implementation, there was no test site, so we could only see via screen shots from RG, This was frustrating.

Combining a number of rewards and benefits under one platform.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"Great Service, great Product "

What do you like best?

The smart hub team are very dynamic, professional & innovative.

What do you dislike?

We have had the occasional technical glitch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth while, we researched many companies and Smart Hub were the best. The offers and bespoke offering were the things that made us choose them.

Staff morale has lifted and it has helped us engage better with our team.

Its early days but we are hoping it will help with staff retention.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Clare Spiers C.</span>
Clare Spiers C.

"Forward thinking and great value add - Reward Gateway"

What do you like best?

The value add services offered. In addition to the services required, Reward Gateway offer services above and beyond expected by spotting trends and changes and informing their clients.

What do you dislike?

Speed of website could be increased to improve the user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not a social media platform. It is great for offering a one stop shop for comms and rewards.

Reach of communications to all employees to keep them better informed and connected to the wider business.

Benefits - contributed towards Investors in people gold!

"What a great product!"

What do you like best?

Smarthub is a fantastic employee engagement tool. It is a great tool to help engage with our employees and helps them to save money

What do you dislike?

Nothing - it is very adaptable. It is a very user friendly system which has grown since launching a couple of years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximise the functionality of Smarthub - it is a great tool which can really help engage with your employees

We use Smarthub to engage with our employees who are based over 16 sites and two counties. Using the functionality of Smarthub we are able to support our employees in making massive savings during times when pay rises are obsolete.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Adrian F.</span>
Adrian F.

"A really excellent solution for improving employee engagement."

What do you like best?

Quite simply, our employee's love it! We needed Smarthub to act as a one-stop-shop for all of our existing benefits as well as adding some new ones and it's delivered that perfectly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - even the set-up was straightforward thanks mostly to Reward Gateway's excellent team.

Primarily Smarthub offered us a solution to better promote our employee benefits - our research prior to launch showed that most of our employees didn't know what we offered.

Smarthub has created a simple-to-use hub for details of all of our benefits in one place. It's a bit early to measure the improvement on our employee engagement as a result of this, but anecdotally it's been really well received and I'd be really surprised if we didn't see a large shift in this area in our next engagement survey.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"Easy to use once you've had the original demo"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate/use, however it is a little early for us to say as we've only been live for a month

What do you dislike?

Would be good to be able to export report data (maybe you can do this and I'm not aware)

Too early to say but good to be able to offer benefits to colleagues

Executive Sponsor

"Great products and an innovative team"

What do you like best?

The RG team are brilliant providing tailored support to help us achieve high engagement with the platform. They are happy to go the extra mile to help us.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to find something I dislike. There is a very minor access/login complexity that I think could be improved but these are most likely linked to our strict IT policies rather than the platform.

Greater engagement with our vision and direction as well as providing a meaningful, but cost effective, addition to the overall staff benefits package.

Reward Gateway review by Internal Consultant in Law Practice
Internal Consultant in Law Practice

"SmartHub - have a vision and build it"

What do you like best?

The flexibility. SmartHub can be whatever you want it to be. We are starting by making it our SmartSpending site but have a plan to deliver something that is much more all encompassing but because of the flexibility and the ability for us to manage this in house, we can choose our own topics and go at our own pace.

What do you dislike?

As yet we have not come across anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have started small but have big plans. If you are clear on what you want and have time to do it right first time, the press ahead. We want to see the implementation evolve so we are always delivering something new to employees as we strive to reach our end goal.

We are looking to increase engagement and deliver something that is accessible from anywhere and in any format. With the tie of SmartSpending, we have a forum for disseminating and making available a broader range of information which is manageable by us. SmartHub will initially be the gateway to all benefit information but the flexibility enables us to build on that as we need to.

Reward Gateway review by <span>JENNIE O.</span>
JENNIE O.

"REWARD GATEWAY IS AWESOME"

What do you like best?

Engagement platform really easy to use. Great support from the engagement manager. All staff very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about the platform. It is really use to easy to use and set up.

Engagement for all staff - something for everyone. One size fits all.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Everything is where it says it should be.

As part of reviewing our L&D Strategy, we will need to look at tweaking the tiles on the cover page. Perhaps may be better suited as drop down and hover boxes.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the tiles as drop down hover boxes. I don't dislike it, its just a personal preference.

The L&D section is going to be a great tool when re-vamped.

The discounts schemes are also a great help to colleagues.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Rebecca L.</span>
Rebecca L.

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

Smart hub is easy to use and has many features.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow at times, but this also just be a side affect of the amount of data stored on the device.

I rarely use Smarthub but when I have it has helped manage everything easier.

"Very helful"

What do you like best?

The speed in which the account manager replies to my queries

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial to have a 'help' screen showing you how to action things in Reward Gateway

I don't have access to the smart hub yet

Reward Gateway review by <span>Fred D.</span>
Fred D.

"Great app with lots of discounts"

What do you like best?

It's a easy and secure to access on the go appgreat app

What do you dislike?

Nothing really it's very user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the instruction. Most issues are user error

Our employees savings are in the thousands. Contributing towards financial help

Reward Gateway review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Not impressed"

What do you like best?

I liked that the website is easy to access and can be simple to use in some areas.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that this program can take you in circles at times. Some of the links will take you to blank pages or pages that do not exist or even pages that don't tell you what you need to know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better organization.

This was a benefit service. Simply looking for company information. Some of the information is included other information was more difficult to find.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Lindsey e.</span>
Lindsey e.

"Affinity Water Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to host our benefits (and more) in one place.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the back end can be time consuming.

It is helping us to demonstrate our benefits and assisting with engagement.

Reward Gateway review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Smart Hub Review"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, simple design, very easy to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing really! I think its a great product.

Provides us with an effective communication platform for our team, as well as additional benefits platform.

Reward Gateway review by <span>Nickie J.</span>
Nickie J.

"Review of Reward Gateway"

What do you like best?

Easy to use - great discounts from retailers I use regularly

What do you dislike?

Cashback from retailers can be very slow

Engagement with staff and a benefit helping staff save money

Reward Gateway review by Administrator

"Fantastic support throughout "

What do you like best?

The blogs and ecards have been wonderful for associate engagement

What do you dislike?

Would be good to see usage through admin

We are seeing an increase in associate recognition

Reward Gateway review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Helpful and rewarding"

What do you like best?

Great offers across different sectors. The vendors are so varied that there is definitely something for everyone

What do you dislike?

Cashback can sometimes take a long time to show which can be frustrating. But the team are always on hand to help which is good

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! The team could not be helpful or passionate about their produxt

Staff retention. Giving people perks for working for the company makes them feel valued

Reward Gateway review by <span>Vanessa S.</span>
Vanessa S.

"Reward Gateway"

What do you like best?

Everything it provides excellent discounts to employees and Benefits

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about this, it has been very successful

Childcare Vouchers, discounts on many retailers, Cycle to work scheme and many more

Reward Gateway review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Reward & recognition - easy access"

What do you like best?

In addition to the traditional shopping discounts, We like the tile layout, ability to write blogs and the fun things like e-cards and upcoming birthdays.

What do you dislike?

Wordpress is slow and clunky and not that easy to format

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product

One stop shop for all the things the business offers to employees, benefits, news, discounts, surveys

Reward Gateway review by <span>Christine L.</span>
Christine L.

"Smarthub"

What do you like best?

Easy to use promotes communication and efficiency

What do you dislike?

We use lots of different systems so have to relearn things

Lack of communication. Benefits are increased efficiency

"Positive and engaging "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the look of the Hub, the functionality & opportunity to engage employees in a positive way.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Perhaps some training in the initial set up

Offering our employees opportunity to either gain discounts off their most valued transactions or earn cashback.

"Excellent Employee Benefit"

What do you like best?

The vast choice f suppliers that are available to make valuable savings.

What do you dislike?

there is no functionality that i dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an enhancement to employee benefits Reward Gateway gives the potential for employees to save £000's per year depending on their spend.

Enhancement of employees' benefits package

Reward Gateway review by User

"Very user friendly product."

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation, flexibility, support and back up from Reward Gateway

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. It has delivered on expectation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support from Reward Gateway excellent. System easy to implement and maintain.

Employee Engagement, Internal Communication and Recognition

Reward Gateway review by User

"SmartHub"

What do you like best?

Smart way to help employees find GREAT deals.

What do you dislike?

I did not find anything to dislike about it during the time I used it.

The site is used to give employees recognition, discounts, and rewards.

"SmartHub review"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and also very easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

None observed thus far, just need more time reviewing it all.

The ease of putting all the information in one place.

Reward Gateway review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Experience from the employee side"

What do you like best?

I worked for a company who used this product and felt that it was very beneficial to us

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't know enough to provide this feedback

Increase employee morale and retention

Reward Gateway review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Excellent discounts available"

What do you like best?

the range of discounts and ease to use.

What do you dislike?

having to log on each time with long email

Engagement with the workforce

Learning about Reward Gateway?

* We monitor all Reward Gateway reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.