Rigor

Rigor is a digital experience monitoring and optimization solution, designed to enable businesses of all sizes to deliver fast and reliable digital experiences to their end users.

Work for Rigor?

Learning about Rigor?

Rigor Reviews

Ask Rigor a Question
Showing 16 Rigor reviews
Rigor review by Edward G.
Edward G.

"Rigor gives us insight into the daily operation of our sites"

What do you like best?

Rigor gives us the ability to monitor websites over time, tracking many key performance metrics. Providing easy to use visual graphs and data that helps us guide developmental hours toward areas that make the biggest impact to the project. Their Optimization platform gives us even more of an insight into the health of sites by providing a detailed list of disfunction that should be addressed. The technology is great, but their staff is exceedingly supportive and continues to work with me after our initial service kickoff. That would be the best thing, solid people at an awesome company..!

What do you dislike?

This is not a fault of Rigor, but it can be hard to show the usefulness of an advanced tool of this nature without people to act on the insights. Gaining support internally has been a challenge.

We have utilized Rigor to help our clients understand the ongoing need for site maintenance and updates, as well as show the adherence to best practices that our development team has when creating new sections on sites. This provides a layer of confidence that a third party provides a objective view of the work we perform, while challenging makes us a better development team.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rigor
Rigor review by Wade W.
Wade W.

"Simple Selenium testing with advanced performance monitoring tools"

What do you like best?

Rigor has a wonderful toolset built on top of a well understood base technology. With Selenium at its core, much of my previous experience with UI automation is still very applicable and made the adoption of Rigor very easy.

What do you dislike?

Most of my issues with Rigor have much more to do with the problems relative to any UI testing problems than the company itself. Licensing isn't as easy as it could be but even then, the company has been willing to work with me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not the cheapest solution in the market, but in the niche of performance monitoring they have very robust tools.

We needed a monitoring solution for all of our major web systems uptime. Rigor had already been stood up to manage some optimization work, so it was an easy choice for the monitoring. The tools around optimization have been used much more infrequently than the monitoring. The monitoring has given us much better peace of mind that our critical systems are up and running.

What Software Testing solution do you use?

Rigor review by anuj g.
anuj g.

"Monitoring and Optimization and fast "

What do you like best?

rigor delivers fast and a reliable digital experience to user using the software at the time which is monitoring and optimizing the information fast and giving the result immediately too . and one of the beat thing is that Rigor continuously monitors and alerts by equiping you to track common , critical flows from the end - user perspective , detect performance problems instantaneously which is amazing in itself . treating bugs before it affects the system is another feature to like about rigor . the smart and strategic improvements made by rigor leads to a great help .

What do you dislike?

disliking is not what rigor is made for it is very useful and trust worthy software in my opinion .

Recommendations to others considering the product

personally i have been recommending it to many of my clients and as well as my close one . why not to promote a great software to others rather than stupid ones .

running business is a hectic job itself and that too hiring interns which we need to teach is an another thing to look into . by using rigor the monitoring and optimization is taken care by rigor all alone and the perfectly friendly user interface helps to make us the use of hired interns without even worrying to make mistakes . and among all of this goodness Rigor also equips user with actionable insights to optimize performance in our development cycle . With Optimization , Rigor helps you create and deliver faster .

Rigor review by Jon M.
Jon M.

"A partner and tool for continuous performance monitoing and improvements"

What do you like best?

I like that I am included in the product roadmap discussions and my input as a customer has an effect on the features being developed. They do not force themselves on my team or me. However, they follow up regularly to offer advice on how best to use the product based on my needs as well as showing me a preview of new features just released or may be released shortly.

What do you dislike?

The current reporting features are very generic and do not match the experience online. While all the data I need can be found quite easily, more often than not, I have to get the data I need rather than consume it. I know my requests are on the roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first. They offer the ability to start slow and use a small number of tests before having you expand to a full blown implementation. The tool lets you discover things on your own as well as recommending solutions or finding other problem areas to look at for you.

Real time monitoring of website - email, text and call alerts when problems are detected

ability to see front end performance bottlenecks

ability to tie together a true workflow and see the performance across multiple pages and events

Rigor review by Melanie C.
Melanie C.

"Solid synthetic monitoring service with helpful Optimization features"

What do you like best?

Rigor's powerful, flexible Real Browser Checks give me the ability to get a high-level look at my site performance and provide rich details for when I need to debug specific problems. The ability to reconfigure checks on the fly based on new business problems that I need to explore has been a huge plus for me.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that sometimes rogue blips throw off my data visualizations at the highest level overview. But, the Performance KPIs feature gives me the ability to refine my visualizations based on Median response times, so this ends up not being a deal breaker.

I'm using Rigor to monitor the user experience of websites and landing pages. I love that everyone on my team can access to this tool and get shared transparency around our site performance.

Rigor review by Edyta B.
Edyta B.

"Great Monitoring product!"

What do you like best?

Rigor is one of the better performance monitoring tools I've used. It lets us set up monitoring from multiple locations in the US (currently they have 23 options), for several URLs with frequency as low as 5 minutes. Their notification system sends notification immediately which allows us to take swift actions on potential issues. I find their filmstrip very useful! The waterfall analysis is very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

Not many things to dislike about monitoring - thus far has been great.

It helps us identify pinpoints in website load and performance that might have been otherwise missed. It lets me also monitor trends and give an additional insight on how our systems are running.

Rigor review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Great people, great product."

What do you like best?

The customer service at Rigor is top notch. They respond immediately to support requests, visit the office periodically, gather feedback and produce features. The performance KPI's are great, allowing one to compare metrics and browsers. The optimization product brings real insights and solutions into specific tests.

What do you dislike?

The monitoring performance history dashboard is limited to the response/page load metric. I'm more interested in speed index and custom metrics. Monitoring on a single URL is limiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gain real actionable insights by using the Optimization product.

My focus at Insider Inc. is performance. We are looking to improve the user experience by getting the content displayed as fast as possible while reducing data demands for users.

Rigor review by Jean Francois B.
Jean Francois B.

"Using Rigor.com for more than 5 years now"

What do you like best?

Customer service is top notch.

We were able to automate our duty tasks and get all we need just only by email.

The voice and text messages are working 100%.

Awesome team & Outstanding working space. (i had the chance to visit them 4 times already)

Customer oriented.

Rigor is working for worldwide companies (with remote workers too - we have support team around the globe)

Their approach is different from APM solutions - no agents - kind of a different user perspective. When something is weird, you will see it direcly. Note: we are using APM solution as well, but Rigor is able to report issues directly for any manager/director level. 2nd Note: APM is great but for a techops/devperspective, that's why we are using both!

What do you dislike?

Hard to define what your SLA level. We are all using different SLA levels. I can understand they are trying to define the industry standard. Hopefully, you can get the raw data to build your own reports with everthing you need

Availability (uptime), Application Performance and SLA reporting to the business

Rigor review by Nicolaus (Cole) U.
Nicolaus (Cole) U.

"Rigor helps us standardize performance data into actionable unit tests curated by industry leaders."

What do you like best?

Rigor provides very good technology for delivering actionable information about website optimisation defects against the core requirements of website frameworks defined by international standards bodies. They present this in a very easy to see dashboards with predictive solutions (probably their biggest plus) for our business and IT consulting teams (meaning I don't have off-shore software development teams expecting transactional leadership coming back to me every time there is an issue).

What do you dislike?

Rigor has two separate product silos (one from an acquisition and another they built around synthetic monitoring). They need to integrate these two products further and begin to build in a larger analytics feature set (integrations with active monitoring, AA, and Google). I would continue to advocate the smaller no-games sales team but would advocate a higher-end business consulting firm come in and help them build some high-level actionable use cases (by industry) to assist in adoption / increase in capital. They have a very good product that should be sold faster and more easily to help increase development timelines (learn about the business case we had to internally develop under the business problems section - maybe it can help you). We also need them to stay more current with their browser simulator release cycle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and see what you think.

In 2015, GSK began a programme of work around optimising our web platforms for speed after years of having sites individually programmed by many agencies and consultants. We implemented synthetic and active monitoring on our sites to derive a business case for web performance optimisation (finding that along a curve, there was a 20% increase in bounce rate if the page loaded in >3 seconds with the average impact of a one second delay in response times on key business metrics netting at ~16% decrease in customer satisfaction). After simulating troublesome application problems through automated recording and simulated action paths we were immediately able to action ~10x faster services with insights). Placing zoOmpf (Rigor Optimisation) on top of this allowed us to standardize performance data into actionable unit tests curated by industry leaders across our ~1,200 websites in production at ease and scale. We are taking these learnings and working on standardised frameworks and templates that will allow us to improve on our branded websites further (and at scale for future content development).

Rigor review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"Great Service and Awesome Product"

What do you like best?

Their monitoring solution is simple and reliable. I can configure a check and know that it will work as needed. Also there are nice features such as require 2 failures in a row before notifying Ops. Also they are quick to answer questions and help with any issues. They also offer a nice dashboard that can be shared with the entire company to show the status of our critical services.

What do you dislike?

Missing ICMP Ping feature and mobile app.

This is our primary system to notify if there is something wrong. The notification integration can make a voice call once a certain escalation criteria is met. This will call our operations team and wake them if a critical piece of our infrastructure might be having problems. We also use it to monitor performance of applications before and after releases.

Rigor review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"I have been using Rigor for years now, it's an extremely helpful tool"

What do you like best?

Rigor gives companies great insights into their data and performance metrics, two key parts of maintaining and iterating on user-facing web experiences.

What do you dislike?

The traditional use case is frontend-focused. While there are more tools behind the scenes, a wider product portfolio is always nice - the fewer tools needed to get a full 360, the better.

Frontend performance, competitive analysis, and API monitoring / assertions.

Rigor review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent Web Performance Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Constantly improving platform, easy to use, great customer support, friendly team. I feel like they are listening to customers and care about what we think.

What do you dislike?

Some of the charting capabilities have greatly improved but in some cases are still not quite up to par with other platforms. Pricing of optimization platform seems out of reach for mid-sized clients looking to optimize an entire site. Long-term Trend charts and Domain Performance charts could use some improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good choice.

Web performance monitoring, speed optimization, SLAs for third-party scripts and integrations (speed, uptime, web performance issues)

Rigor review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Site Monitoring Experience "

What do you like best?

Out of Rigor's many assets, for our organization the real time browser checks are utilized most often. These checks allow our site to be checked/crawled throughout the day on various workflows and help us identify site issues as they are happening.

What do you dislike?

In using Rigor, as an organization we are looking to be better with setting up threshold checks to help better evaluate our site performance.

We are currently using Rigor to help us work through a geographical site issue. We've been able to validate customer feedback and report back to the appropriate vendor.

Rigor review by Roberto B.
Roberto B.

"Director of Production Support"

What do you like best?

The ease of use - functionality and the information the reports provide. Easy to setup users from an admin perspective. Like the use of the API checks allows for more flexibility. Customer service at Rigor is great

What do you dislike?

We found it difficult to monitor internal sites

Report validation as in the reports are produced and website availability checks. Rigor allows me and my team to report issues faster on global scale. With exact time of failure and restoration.

Rigor review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Elegant and Simple"

What do you like best?

Rigor has the best user interface of any performance tool that I've tried. Important data is easily found, without having to dig through a bunch of noise.

What do you dislike?

Monitoring locations are not always exactly in the cities that I want to monitor from, but they are typically close enough to make it work.

- Performance issues and errors decreases usability, which in turn decreases adoption, and increases churn

- Having constant monitoring and optimization keeps things top of mind and part of the process, instead of an afterthought

- Having data to back up suggestions that are brought to upper management and customers really helps!

Rigor review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great for organization of materials as well las growth of benchmark data."

What do you like best?

Rigor helps grow resource materials needed to bring rigor into your everyday activities.

What do you dislike?

Rigor could use a more userfriendly model for those who are not as technologically advanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push past the initial difficulties when learning the rigor interface, the advantages of getting to know the rigor software will benefit you in the long run.

The organization and the ability to pull materials to bring more rigor into the lesson.

Learning about Rigor?

* We monitor all Rigor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.