RingCentral Office

RingCentral Office

RingCentral is a cloud-based business phone system

Work for RingCentral Office?

Learning about RingCentral?

RingCentral Office Reviews

Ask RingCentral a Question
Showing 215 RingCentral reviews
RingCentral review by User in Design
User in Design
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RingCentral Office
RingCentral review by Seth J.
Seth J.

"Small, Powerfu and Goes Anywhere You Go"

What do you like best?

The most liked aspect, for me, is that they have a mobile application.This platform makes it very east for me to handle almost all of the aspects of my job in one place. Its very handy and helpful when on the go and need a lot of your information in one spot.

What do you dislike?

There will be times that I get a call to my work number and it will not ring (via the app) and it will automatically send it over to my cell phone. The numbers are often new to me and or do not show on the caller id so I have NO IDEA who is calling and the best (personalized) way to answer the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making sure that the app will answer the calls without auto-forwarding them to my cell. Maybe there is a feature that I am missing or have incorrectly set up? Other than that it is a great platform.

On the go productivity. Tracking of called clients. Sending / Receiving faxes.

What VoIP solution do you use?

RingCentral review by Randy L.
Randy L.

"WIRED for communication everywhere you go!"

What do you like best?

I like the recorded calls. The online handset is very easy to use. I really like the texting feature. It has great alerts as well. I also like the phone app and it integrates with my CRM, Freshsales. I can send a text from my CRM or make a call. I like the conference call feature as well and it has come in handy closing deals on several occassionns.

What do you dislike?

I wish there could be periodic emails or screen messages talking about features that are available but maybe not as common. Of course you can call and record or send text, but what else can you do? I would like to be able to send a group text. I would like for my recorded calls to automatically be added to my files in my CRM, I would like for all text to be recorded there as well. I would like to be able to drop text my contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend an extra few minutes setting up your admin with your business flow. Notifications and such or calls that are very important to not be disturbed. There are many features so READ THE MANUAL there McGyver!

The recording has save my butt a few times. Now my boss uses the recording for advertising. Also I send the call to the client, it gives them a sense of security and trust. It is hard to trust a person so far away especially over the phone. I also have complete accessibility with the phone app. It is great and works very easily.

RingCentral review by Matthew d.
Matthew d.

"Good Phone Option w/Suboptimal Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Sound quality is great, it's nice to be able to receive my calls on either my computer, or pushed to my cell phone. Texting is easy, and it's nice to get my voicemails to my email. As well, it's a plus with a business being able to type an employees name and have it pull up their extension to be able to call or forward a call to them. As a business phone service, at least for a small business with only about 20-30 employees, it works well enough for the money with not much for other good options out there.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is iffy, often it takes awhile for an issue to be solved, only to not have it be solved in the end of things. It took almost two weeks to solve an issue with having customers dial in, select an extension, and have it forward to the right person. It still acts up, but seems to at least work 90% of the time. As well, I wish there was a way to turn off email notification for texts, especially with a back and forth conversation, it's very annoying to have 30 emails in a 10 minute span all for text messages I'm reading as they come in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can't afford a much more expensive software, this is the best budget conscious option out there after looking through many and making our decision. It does the job well enough and customer support at least attempts to help and fix your problems. If you need simple dial in, extension forwarding, with the option to text, this is the way to go.

Allows us to have a dedicated business line with each department having specific extensions that get forwarded to the proper people. Conferencing is easy, and call forwarding is a cinch if someone calls in to the wrong extension. It allows us all to connect our separate offices easily and keeps communication to a maximum. For the most part you can just set it up and let it run which means less tinkering with only changes needing to be done when extensions/users get added. The price is relatively good for what you get and helps us keep in budget while accomplishing what we need.

RingCentral review by Scarlett G.
Scarlett G.

"The Future of Work Phones"

What do you like best?

I like how I have my own phone number AND an extension. I also love how I can text and fax on my RingCentral app. Having these features combined into one program that I even download on my cell phone, making it so easy to communicate with my customers, and separate my work from my private life.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes RingCentral lags, and I can't hear my customer or vice-versa. Sometimes the line has static, or the voice on the other end sounds warped. This is usually fixed if I hang up or call again, but it definitely gets annoying. The problems occur because Ring Central is connected through the internet, so if the internet is down, so is Ring Central.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product, but be patient in the beginning because there may be some issues to work out while getting it set up. The customer service is great though, and there are so many options with this product.

Ring Central benefits my business because now each person has their own direct work phone number, as well as their own extension. The app is easy to use, and shows text messages and voicemails which are easy to access. Ring Central is also integrated to other apps I used, such as Tenfold. Another cool feature that I have access to is that my phone is integrated with my manager's phone, so if someone calls him and he can't pick up my phone rings, and vice-versa.

RingCentral review by Jared S.
Jared S.

"Low cost VOIP system"

What do you like best?

Ring central allows me to have an office phone system anywhere I go. It runs on my computer, phone and i also have a phone set on my desk. It also has fax and an automated system for answering and routing calls. All this for around $50 per month. It's quite inexpensive for a business line. No matter where I go I can have my office line with me. It's more professional than using just a regular cell phone.

What do you dislike?

Because the phone is VOIP it requires internet to work. Sometimes it slows down the network and connections are spotty. This occurs if I want to run a conference call and also do a screen share at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider that if you run multiple applications and try to call with ring central you need a fast internet connection. FIOS is best.

Business phone system

RingCentral review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"The best VoIP solution we have used to date."

What do you like best?

The updates to the mobile app in the last six months or so have really made HD voice over 4G more comparable to the call quality using WiFi at the office.

What do you dislike?

We also use Glip and RingCentral Meetings in our office and while I don't necessarily have any real criticism for any of the different apps, needing a different app to utilize each aspect of the software's full functionality can be a little inconvenient. It's not a huge problem to have them all open on the desktop at the same time but it would be nice to see them merged. There are also some nitty gritty details with the way calls are received on the mobile app - some users have noted an issue with the call ringing on both their softphone app and their actual device. This is entirely anecdotal and likely related to a setting we have configured, but is mentioned here in the interest of full disclosure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RingCentral is currently the leader in the industry. Yesterday I saw Gartner's latest data on the Magic Quadrant and no one else is even really close to them. It's a great time to get in on the action and find out what you've been missing, and don't forget that Glip - the best team collaboration software I've ever used - is included with your service absolutely free of charge.

RingCentral's softphone solution is essential to how we conduct day to day operations. Each employee has an app on their PC or laptop as well as on their smartphone and there isn't really any daylight between the two versions of the software.

RingCentral review by Neal M.
Neal M.

"RingCentral is a great phone service for a small or even a large business. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add users and to check voicemail. I really like the caller ID feature. I know when to answer. It allows myself and our agents to be mobile and go from place to place without missing a single call. As the administrator, I love how easy it is to add new users and to be able to call them from the office by simply entering their extension from the office phone. RingCentral give my business a more professional presentation to our clients. When they call us, we appear to be a much larger company than we actually are. Like most businesses, it starts with the presentation. This system has more features than I have time to explain.

What do you dislike?

Like any service, I wish it were not so costly, but I also realize that you get what you pay for. I did have a difficult time in the beginning with the service, because I was trying to use our office phone through our computer. I soon realized that it worked much better hard wired to the Ethernet in the wall. I was very frustrated in the beginning, because I felt like I was paying full price without getting the full service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth trying. If I can understand how to operate the program, anyone can! The systems are very professional and easy to use.

I can be anywhere and still receive calls as if I am at the office. I also know when the incoming call is from my business line and gives me the benefit of knowing how to answer the call. I like the ability to program the phone to do what you want it to. There are a lot of settings that give you the freedom to set up your business phone system the way it works best for your company. I would definitely recommend RingCentral to my friends who own their own business and need a reliable, professional, manageable, and economical phone system for their office.

RingCentral review by Ellye C.
Ellye C.

"Great VOIP Software"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use - lots of great features! Super easy to transfer calls because of the contacts list and the contacts list is also great for being able to see who is calling back when you receive a call.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't run into any major issues with this software. The only thing that's slightly annoying is that when using the call monitoring feature, is that only one person can listen to the call. We used to be able to have multiple people listening a call with our old VOIP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely a product worth using - we had a great product demo before coming onboard with RingCentral. It's really simple and very intuitive.

We no longer have issues with phone calls connecting or the line dropping.

RingCentral review by Tonya R. B.
Tonya R. B.

"Great potential but many key features non-existent."

What do you like best?

Programmability is fairly good. Service is quick.

What do you dislike?

Major flaws in this program:

1. Admins are unable to control Do not Disturb or Out of Office for agents. This means you can't turn an agent off to receiving calls in their absence, so the queue continually rings their phone.

2. Have to use the meeting app for video calling. Ridiculous! There needs to be something like Skype, Google Hangouts or Facetime function

3. When a user transfers a call, the transferring extension shows up instead of the original Caller ID.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was recommended to use RingCentral by our IT consultant and did not take time to research other options. Hopefully RingCentral can offer more of the features the users are asking for.

Modernizing phone system, directing calls to the correct agent. It's helped our team immensely.

RingCentral review by Andrea L.
Andrea L.

"Best option for it's simplicity"

What do you like best?

RingCentral is super easy to use. You don't need to sign up for a third party storage system in order to save your recorded calls. It's an all in one service.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, although not bad, don't seem to really understand the system. Our biggest complain is the actual service itself. It is spotty, calls drop, calls don't come in, calls go directly to voicemail so you never have a chance to answer the phone. RC doesn't seem to have a fix for this as this is something that has been going on for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow 1-2 months for setup and learning the system. Contact customer service every time you experience a technical issue.

Tracking calls. As humans, we make mistakes and the call recording helps us make sure we are doing everything we can to minimize mistakes. The app is an all in one app which makes it super easy to manage.

RingCentral review by J Lee H.
J Lee H.

"Good solution for virtual office"

What do you like best?

It works well for our business situation, which is a 100% online company with employees scattered across various states. We can transfer calls to another employee even though the other employee may be on the other side of the country. The flow of the calls coming in can be changed as needed. Support has generally been helpful.

What do you dislike?

Their setup screen/dashboard is confusing. Over time, I've gotten accustomed to it and can find things better. (Fortunately, they don't change things about every time you log in, like GoDaddy, where it requires a constant search of, "So where did they move that function?")

We are a 100% online company with employees working out of their homes in various states. We needed a phone system that was unified, and RingCentral has solved that need. We have used RingCentral since we began the company six years ago.

I have a desk phone that RingCentral supplied (I probably bought it, but at any rate, it came from them and has their brand name on it). This is a VoIP phone, and I have a slow internet speed (3.5 Mbps download), so if I'm opening a web page while on the phone, the phone connection stutters pretty badly. But if I'm only using the phone, it's fine (usually). The desk phone works very well for me, enabling me to keep work calls separate from personal calls. Well, I think you can do that by using the RingCentral app on your cell phone, but at any rate, I prefer having the desk phone when I'm working.

Each employee on the team has their own extension and their own set of rules, related to how phone calls should flow during their office hours and when they're out of the office. We use a receptionist service, so the calls first go to the employee, and if no response within the specified time, it then goes to the receptionist service (according to the flow we have set up in RingCentral). But there are seemingly endless ways you can have the calls routed. It can be confusing to figure out how to set up, but RingCentral support has always cheerfully helped me set up the pattern I'm looking for if things are not working the way I expect.

We use RingCentral for our fax number. Phone calls and faxes are logged in the portal so that we have a record for everything.

Those are the main things I've used RingCentral for. I haven't used the iPhone app much, basically because I do most phone calls from my desk phone, so I have no opinion to give of the iPhone app. At one point -- I think before I got the desk phone -- I tried to use the "soft phone" in the web portal, but the sound broke up so terribly that it was unusable. That was several years ago, so that may have been fixed since then; once I got my desk phone, I had no need for that anymore.

We have been looking into integrating RingCentral with Zoho (our CRM). It looks like it would be beneficial.

We have an account representative who calls quarterly to check on our needs and help where needed.

RingCentral review by Jim I.
Jim I.

"Simple cloud-based communications software"

What do you like best?

I like that RingCentral is utilized through my laptop, via my cell phone, and translated into voicemails via email and more. When I received a call on my laptop, the navigation through RingCentral made it easy to transfer calls, create a conference call, and track the numbers I received calls from.

What do you dislike?

Missed calls are not registered on the soft phone in a timely manner. If I have a missed call, the soft phone may not show it for a few minutes or for a few hours. Their is no app for Windows 10 mobile and no app for Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The softphone app can be installed on multiple computers allowing you to have, for example, one copy installed on your desktop and one copy installed on your laptop. This means that I can leave my desk and take my laptop with me and still be able to answer my phone. The softphone integrates with Outlook, so I don't have to duplicate all my contacts into another piece of software.

RingCentral integrated with the Zoho CRM and allowed me to make calls through the CRM, logging my calls and providing the opportunity to document what the call was for and more.

RingCentral review by Claire L.
Claire L.

"RingCentral for Small Business"

What do you like best?

RingCentral is an affordable and convenient software that allows us to answer calls from our computers and mobile devices, set up an answering service and directory, and communicate easily within our business.

What do you dislike?

RingCentral is occasionally slow on my system (MacOS Sierra) and I sometimes miss calls because it is too slow to load. Using my mobile device in addition to my computer has helped with this, and I do believe that having an older computer is the problem more than the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make full use of the implementation support and user support they offer. RingCentral employees are friendly and very helpful.

We were able to set up extensions for each part of our office with complete ease. We love how customizable it is and how user-friendly the interface is. It has competitive pricing and great customer service, and we've been very happy with our purchase.

RingCentral review by Gemma B.
Gemma B.

"awesome experience"

What do you like best?

I like the ring central the best because this software helps me a lot, like the call are saved and it wont be deleted just in case you miss a call from the clients.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike this software because it gives me and my colleagues an awesome experience since we are always talking to some clients.. we can always leave a message here in ring central just in case the clients is not available to talk

Recommendations to others considering the product

it gives me and my colleagues an awesome experience since we are always talking to some clients.. we can always leave a message here in ring central just in case the clients is not available to talk. I would definitely recommend this software to my friends

It gives me and my colleagues an awesome experience since we are always talking to some clients.. we can always leave a message here in ring central just in case the clients is not available to talk

RingCentral review by David W.
David W.

"Gets the job done...I guess..."

What do you like best?

Ability to move from one location to another.

What do you dislike?

Consistency of service is a challenge, and support is lacking and very slow. When sold as a solution for business the support for business impacting issues (ie. my tech support staff cannot open the program after a windows update) needs to be better than "sometime in the next week".

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all you need is basic functionality then it can be very good for you, but be aware of some of the drawbacks if you are a smaller company. I've heard that the support for mid-large companies is more responsive, keep this in mind.

A small call center solution, about 20 staff, big enough to need call center features but not big enough for call center infrastructure.

RingCentral review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"Office calls made easy"

What do you like best?

The web interface and visual voicemail. It is hard to believe that visual voicemail is not on every single phone out there (since it comes default with newer iPhones), but having this feature on a VOIP phone system is amazing. Intra-office and store calls, along with outside calls from customers and vendors, are seamlessly handled and easy to follow up with. All along with a web URL that allows for complete control and customization. We are extremely glad to utilize this.

What do you dislike?

The only con is that at times I clear out missed calls online, but it does not update on my desk phone. It has worked before, so it could just be a setting/hardware issue. Other than that it works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product that makes handling different types of calls much more manageable.

Controlling the ability to communicate both within an office and field environment while also interacting with calls from outside our company.

RingCentral review by james s.
james s.

"Bad Service"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Ever since I first signed up they have obviously changed the way they handle customer service. Originally they had their own call center with staffed agents. Then I started noticing situations where they had "level" techs

What do you dislike?

hese were basically glorified secretaries that took all your information, said pretty words and then transferred to someone who dealt with the issue. It was inconvenient and time consuming but it wasn't a horrible experience. Now when you call it is straight up a call center reading off a script. They have no idea what the product even is and they just try to help you by pointing out the website FAQs or telling you something they are reading off a piece of paper. They are trained so horribly that you can actually detect the timing when they are reading off the paper. Horrible customer service.

I received a month free but they make you sign a contract to get the month free. I have been trying to close my account since two weeks in the free month and they will not close it.

RingCentral review by Evgeny N.
Evgeny N.

"Great VoIP solution that startups can afford"

What do you like best?

Price is not so high, works good, can add many extension numbers without additional cost, lots of good features, you can be reached wherever you are.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to choose the plan and we had to spend much time to speak with representatives in order to have good offer. Also, sometimes, it is hard to navigate among so many features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are small or medium size company you should try this solution. If you are enterprise, you can afford other tools as well, but RingCentral has most features you can wish for.

We are a startup company, and our employees are in different cities and countries, so it is very helpful for us to have a VoIP system in order to be reachable all time. Also, the tool helps us to have as much options as big companies have, but spend much less money for it.

RingCentral review by Amos E.
Amos E.

"Virtual Office at affordable price"

What do you like best?

Configurable, powerful, sophisticated, at an affordable cost.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of much I dislike about this solution. I have been using it for years without a glitch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a small business you can not go wrong with this virtual phone system. It has all the needed bells and whistles and is affordable,

Handling phone calls to me and my team. Toll-free vanity line. Fax-in and Fax-out capability. My team can re-rout calls between each other, set-up a hunt-group (ringing different phones in sequence or parallel, and set up custom announcements. We can also use a follow-through to a regular or cell phone number of intercept the call via an app on the computer or smart-phone..

RingCentral review by Colleen M.
Colleen M.

"Have only used a few times, but seems to work fine."

What do you like best?

Fine call quality once I was able to download the software and dial in

What do you dislike?

I really didn't like that you actually had to download some software prior to dialing into a call. I am accustomed to using Webex, so when I had a call at 10, I dialed in at 10, to find out I needed to download and wait for that to complete, thus causing me and a few other colleagues to be a few minutes late for our meeting. It also doesn't give you a list of all the participants on the call, so you don't know who exactly is speaking, if it's a larger crowd of people you don't yet recognize the voices of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally would go for another software that will show a participant list of who all has dialed into the call. I also didn't like that I had to download something prior to the call.

We only used the service for when we are having calls with an external agency. It's an alright platform to host calls on.

RingCentral review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"All in One CLoud Communication Platform the really delivers"

What do you like best?

RingCentral is the best place to start from scratch. You get great call paths, team collab, SMS and terrific reporting. It is an intuitive tool that gives admins line of sight on all aspects as well.

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest solution out there and just because you can include everything doesn't mean you should. Not everyone wants to pay for all their users to have fax, toll audio and video conferencing. You can't mix your levels either which a real bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't deployed IM, or Team Messaging look here first. You can get it all here. If you are managing a sales team ask about Live Reports. You can wallboard your call details for gamification sake. It's great!

We manage a distributed workforce with mobile and home office staff. We now have call queues, extension dialing and presence. It has been a game changer.

RingCentral review by Jeromé C.
Jeromé C.

"Using RingCentral"

What do you like best?

RingCentral is one of the only services that I have used that offer SMS Text, outbound/inbound phone calls, as well as E-Fax. Additionally, they are always available if you ever need assistance from their customer service team.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they have glitchy issues but they generally get resolved quickly. Originally I thought they were glitchy all the time but after exploring other providers they offer all the features and are generally on point. You have to be careful about forwarding phone calls to multiple lines as the connection can get bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use RingCentral as our base provider but for call analytics and and tracking we use CallRail. This way it we can keep RingCentral as our base/personal phone numbers separate from our marketing numbers that we track for business purposes.

We are using RingCentral as our base phone system, they have mobile apps, softphones on the computer and physical phones if needed. We use them for E-fax as well and if needed you can use their feature for internal team use. RingCentral has all the features you would expect from a phone provider compared to most other services.

RingCentral review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"They Hurt my Busuinesss "

What do you like best?

They have crippled a portion of our business by not understanding what we wanted. I think customer service and technical support are based outside of the USA and in a country where English is not the primary language. Also, when communicating with them over the phone each party speaks over the other party due to some technical anomalies.

What do you dislike?

The system is mediocre at best. The quality of the lines is 5/10, with a major delay in voice if you use the actual app and don't forward the lines to your direct phone/cell phone. After a few calls, we just decided to forward the calls directly as people were complaining about the voice lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go with them. Make sure you use a company that helps you not only to set up lines. I never saw a bad service like that... For sure they lost my account.

ell I wasn't factoring in where you came from until you told me this was why the service was lacking? Strange thing to tell a client.

RingCentral review by Rafael R.
Rafael R.

"Can't lose a meeting with this, connect from everywhere"

What do you like best?

The possibility to connect to meetings with a lot of devices, by web application, desktop application, mobile application or even by phone, just attending to the meeting number.

What do you dislike?

As I'm in a country with a very bad internet connection, meetings via web application are very hard to do, it is a pain to connect, Other meeting applications have no problem with this, so I don't know if RingCentral need a little more bandwidth or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this tool for "more professional" web conferences, when you have employees outside the company, outside the city or even in their homes, make the conference in a conference room with everyone but also, add other to the meeting, this will make them feel like the are there with all of you.

We use this for web conferences, it can record the meetings and can be accesed even from a mobile phone whitout internet connection, so even employees with no internet access can join.

RingCentral review by Charlie F.
Charlie F.

"RingCentral is relatively easy to manage"

What do you like best?

I like that we can manage all users and extensions in one place. It's easy to change and update as we get new employees.

What do you dislike?

We all have to share a password and log-in to complete administrative duties. If the administrator is not in the office or out-of-touch, we have to log in as them to make changes. It's also sometimes hard to find certain settings based on the way the portal is laid out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this service for those that don't want to be tied down to landlines in their office. It's also great for companies that have remote employees or employees that prefer to receive all calls on their cell phones.

Problems included: phone line centralization, use of landlines, poor cell service reception. We have been able to centralize all our phone lines, avoid using land-lines (forward calls to cell phones), and use WiFi calling for areas of the office that have poor cell-service.

RingCentral review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"Decent System with A Lot Hiccups"

What do you like best?

The ability to receive calls on the desktop, cell phone, or desk phone is extremely convenient. Also nice to not have an in house server you have to manage in favor of a 24/7 managed cloud service.

What do you dislike?

It was extremely oversold. We were constantly told about features and then when we asked for them were handed dollar signs. We have outages on and off sporadically with no warning. Some features are just poorly designed and make little sense. Can't add outside users to Precense on phone? Paging for only a limited amount of phones? Causes more issues than it solves.

Keeping us connected no matter where we are for the good and the bad.

RingCentral review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Easy User Interface, Periodic Technical Issues"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is user friendly and that employees can use it as a multi-function device. You can call out and receive calls, fax, and text. There is also a video chat option as well as a chat feature within the program called Glip which allows you to communicate with your team easily if they are busy on the line with a customer.

What do you dislike?

Periodically, we experience log-on issues, dropped calls, poor reception, or issues where we cannot call out at all. That is a big issue when the phones are ringing constantly and cannot be answered due to technical difficulties.

Ability to have all calls directed to every employee who is available on RingCentral, the ability to work remotely without having to have use of an office space, ability to easily transfer customer to proper representative.

RingCentral review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"It’s fine, but if it weren’t for the switching costs, I’d go with another VoIP provider"

What do you like best?

It’s a reasonable service and after we negotiated a discount for our non-profit, at a reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

I know this might not bother others, but I absolutely *HATE* that they add a line item in the bill for "RingCentral Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery Fee". If you dig in further, they do eventually say "The CRF is not a tax, nor is it mandated by any level of government or government agency." It is simply the cost of doing business, but they tack it onto the section containing all of the other government mandated taxes and fees to disguise it and so they can have a lower advertised base cost of the service. It really speaks volumes to me how a company that would do this views its customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know some orgs are simply requiring people to use their own mobile phones. That plus a free Google Voice number for everyone is certainly a viable alternative.

Definitely negotiate for a discount. We got 33% off when we initially set up with about a dozen lines.

VoIP is really the best way to go for phone service these days. The call routing features are great, especially when people are out of the office and we need to cover calls into the main line.

RingCentral review by User in Internet

"Buggy but get's the job done"

What do you like best?

I can call straight from Sales force which makes it so I can have a more efficient workflow. I am needing this to stay in touch with sales prospects and clients. It is an awesome tool but needs some consistency.

What do you dislike?

I need to update this desktop app daily. Seems like they are always pushing bug fixes that require a full uninstall and re-install. Having to spend 5 minutes every day is kind of defeating the purpose though I probably do spend less time dialing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you want to dial from your CRM.

I am more efficient with my work by calling direct links vs typing every number. Again, minimal benefit but a benefit none the less. I do like the UI but if they can allow me to end calls from salesforce then I will be able to work even faster and with better quality.

RingCentral review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"Good; Nothing Special; Pay attention to the Software"

What do you like best?

Ease of install; quick to get up and running; works with most types of networks without having to have special performance improvements or QoS configuration.

What do you dislike?

Different software apps are used for different purposes, making for a very disjointed user experience. Difficult to click-and-dial in many situations. Joining a meeting, for example, is difficult because keying in meeting numbers after the original number can't be done via cut-and-paste.

Application UI is non-optimal, requiring extra keystrokes or screen changes to perform actions. I especially dislike this because I'm already somewhat distracted by the fact that I'm on a phone call and am trying to do something like mute my phone or key in a meeting number with the least distraction possible. I didn't find any differentiator between RingCentral and competitors; some of the start-ups have some nicer approaches to coordinated software and improved UI/UX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UCaaS is full of great features, and most vendors have equivalent features. The difference is in how they are implemented and how easy it is to use (User Experience, or UX). Be sure to check out competitors such as Nextiva or 8x8. RingCentral is the market leader, but they seem to be relaxing in that position a bit and I expect others are getting ready to overtake them based on superior service and software design. Voice quality and network infrastructure is important, and vetting these aspects for any vendor is difficult, though some are much more transparent than others.

Many offices, each with their own phone system, didn't have a central directory or automated attendant. RingCentral gave this to us (like most other cloud PBX providers would). The central directory and automated attendant are successful, but unfortunately we can't correlate our internal extensions to the public number, so for example if someone's number is 415-555-1212 you'd like to make their internal extension 212, but we can't make that happen easily.

The administration screen is OK but not always intuitive.

RingCentral review by Rachel E.
Rachel E.

"Good phone service software to use. "

What do you like best?

I like that you can choose what caller ID that shows you are calling from. Also that you can send texts from the program and keep your records.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that the caller ID for the numbers that called do not show on the call log.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good way of giving employees a personal account for them to make and receive calls.

Using ring central for outbound calling for leads. It's nice to have my own personal account so that it's easier for my clients to contact me directly and leave or text me messages directly.

"Great for Tracking"

What do you like best?

The system is great for being able to keep track of several different things at once, from calls and voicemails, to colleagues who aren't available, and even text messages.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to get set up properly, and the interface isn't always very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have adequate training and know all the features before you start making/taking calls. It's not fun to fumble when there's a client on the other end of the line. Also consider the options available before you add this system to every device. You might not want client calls to go directly to your personal cell phone, but a business cell phone would work wonders with this type of system.

We are using the system to accept customer support phone calls and to schedule conference calls with clients who need some extra help with an issue they're having.

RingCentral review by Administrator

"RingCentral -- Great for Office"

What do you like best?

It makes for a super simple way to fax without dealing with ocmplicated machines.. it can be set up through email, and you can add as many users as you would like.

What do you dislike?

When searching for old fax sent confirmations, it is hard to find and figure out how to pull up the actual document you're looking for. If you delete the email of the confirmation, there's not a good way to get it from the ringcentral website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool! I don't know that there would be a better system for multiple users to fax.. very helpful because you can be on or offsite to use.

Making it easy to fax, and also as the administrator I get all documentation of incoming and outgoing faxes from all users.

RingCentral review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"Great VoIP Phone system for SMB"

What do you like best?

-Tons of features included in each plan

-Easy to use admin portal

-Reliable service and support

What do you dislike?

-Lack of local dial-in numbers for conference calls in many area codes

-Doesn't work well with certain large scale fax machines

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of business VoIP options out there and lots of them offer similar features and benefits and less cost than RingCentral. But nobody else has ALL of the features you will need - regardless of the plan you choose - and the well-designed easy to use admin portal of RingCentral. When you consider those factors together RingCentral is easily worth the investment.

-Complete and easy control of phone system/IVR for all members of the team despite virtual office setup

RingCentral review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Offers Great Solution for Web-Based Teams"

What do you like best?

RingCentral has great features. There are apps for iPhone and Mac in addition to the web-based module. It provides a great way for everyone to have individualized office numbers without using their personal cell phone numbers. There is also a great meetings app that allows our team to meet via the Internet weekly. The quality of the video chat is great!

What do you dislike?

I have not discovered a way to save meeting IDs. I have to copy and paste a meeting ID each week. Our team uses the same meeting ID for our weekly meetings, it would be nice to have an option to save it versus have to enter it each time. The screen-sharing option could use a little more work to make it easier to communicate.

Our team is a web-based team with 7 members in 4 different cities with no home office. We also work with a network of international partners who have access as well. It makes it easy to meet in real time with a web-based team.

RingCentral review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Good suite of communication "

What do you like best?

mobile and desktop versions let me use the tools in the office or on the go. I can answer my office phone from the physical office phone, a softphone on my computer, or from my cell phone via my ring #. I can even send text messages via my ring number from my cell phone.

What do you dislike?

The conference line creates 2 windows - one for the talking participant and one for the list of participants. it often makes using the 2nd screen difficult on a screen share.

there is never quality issues with screen shares and calls, unlike other conferencing programs we've used

RingCentral review by Devin R.
Devin R.

"Ideal for the mobile organization"

What do you like best?

TEXTING! My prospects are mostly young creative types that work at churches and non-profits, and they love that we can text for quick questions that don't really require a phone call. I also really like that I can access everything from the desktop and mobile apps so I always have the ability to call or text a prospect even if I"m out of the office

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't the best, and from time to time calls will drop

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say go for it, it's invaluable if you have remote employees. I sell mostly to churches and have talked with many churches that also use RingCentral because many of their employees will work remotely a couple days a week and it helps them stay connected

Removing that clunky and unnecessary phone from my desk has been awesome! Also the ability to completely do my job from anywhere without needing to use my personal cell number

RingCentral review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Ring Central is Phone System in the Modern World"

What do you like best?

I love the mobile apps and software. The ability to answer calls from multiple phones including a mobile device. The ability to listen to voicemails via a mobile app or emails is great as well. I also enjoy the ability to send text messages, to make calls from your cell appear to be coming from your RingCentral number, and Glip, a communication and collaboration app which continues to improve and get better.

What do you dislike?

Some of the apps, mobile and desktop apps, could use some improvement; they're a little clunky at times and not always designed great; Same with the web interface. While they could be designed better, they work fine and seem to steadily improving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth switching. Very easy to set up and manage users and provides flexibility for users to be able to use their work number and extension from mobile devices, desktop, or a desktop phone. The same is also true for conference calls and faxes. Send faxes from your mobile device and also receive them on your mobile device as well. The same is true for conferences. Initiate conference calls and video conference calls from your desktop and mobile device as well. It's a modern solution for an ancient communication system.

We had an old phone system that crashed and could not be updated or programmed anymore. We were able to update our phone systems for much cheaper, using VOIP, and have flexibility for programming phones for our users and with user groups.

RingCentral review by Sam G.
Sam G.

"Lots of features and flexibility"

What do you like best?

The call decision tree and the ability to add my own on hold music

What do you dislike?

Cost per line, I mean its 45 per line, then I have to pay more, if I want the app on more than one mobile phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small, medium or large company it can do everything you need it to do. They are growing and releasing new useful features every month.

The ability to send my calls to my answering service by using my app or computer. Sending and reciveing text messages with images too.

RingCentral review by Rob B.
Rob B.

"Best All-In-One VoIP Provider!"

What do you like best?

I really like the all in one package deal with RingCentral when it comes to their system! Their system has the phone system, the fax system, as well as other add-ons.

What do you dislike?

There are a few smaller things (such as being able to text your toll-free number) that I'd like to be able to do, right now you can only text the local number for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RingCentral has everything you need, and then some!

We operate across Canada and RingCentral allows us to do so with ease, and by saving money!

RingCentral review by Brent F.
Brent F.

"Ringcentral review by ecsnow.com"

What do you like best?

The system will scale from 1 user to thousands and it includes all add on, SMS and MMS, app for any device, configure the entire system from the device.

What do you dislike?

Some features cannot be locked down from the user, like cannot log out of a group with the handset, you must log in to do this and that means you can change settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is not perfect but after reviewing 20 other vendors on the market this product is difficult to beat.

Enable businesses to have users connected to the company system to maintain a consistent image and enables the business to audit remote workers.

RingCentral review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Best Meeting App!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to download, how easy it is to use, how quickly it loads and how it allows us to video conference, allows us to do presentations for others to follow and it's free!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program lags, not often, but sometimes it does. For the most part, I have nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program to allow you to speak to other companies or employees to keep everyone on track with statistics or anything new from the company. It allows you to provide presentations effectively and for free!

It has allowed us to to talk to other companies and arrange meetings to view stats on our leads and that is extremely beneficial. The connection for the most part is clear, the options for it are amazing and it has helped our company ensure we are all on track with the success of our leads.

RingCentral review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Lie, Sneak, Cheat -- Buyer beware of Ring Central. Don't ever expect to speak with anyone in the uS"

What do you like best?

Integration with Zoho CRM worked for us.

What do you dislike?

Sales and Customer Service Support is atrocious. if you're a US based company find someone who has US based support. Ring Central sales and support is sneaky, lying, and will cheat to get your business. Watch out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tried 3 companies and they have the worst customer service of all. I don't want this to sound like I am promoting another company so I will leave them out. All I can say is run to another. and run fast to a company in the top 5 that has all US based support (assuming you're a US based customer).

Ring Central has horrible service and is relying on the fact that they are the 'biggest'. Buyer beware, biggest is not best.

RingCentral review by Hannah B.
Hannah B.

"Ring, ring"

What do you like best?

The RingCentral mobile app is great if you're on the go often and need to take your office line with you. I also like that I can log on to the website and read my voicemails instead of listening to them.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app EATS data like a monster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to switch a large office over to VoIP RingCenteral is a great thing to consider.

Having so many phone lines without having to actually have a contact with the phone company is great.

RingCentral review by Paul R.
Paul R.

"Perfect Phone and Fax Service"

What do you like best?

RingCentral flawlessly answers our calls with multiple extensions, giving the impression we are a much larger company than we are. Also, the fax service is totally dependable.

What do you dislike?

The desktop version can at times be slow. Also, RingCentral has recently raised their rates without warning It just showed up on our monthly statement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't over-estimate your needs. You can always add on more features as you need them.

Our calls are seamlessly directed to the right extension and we can fax from the desktop, iPhone of iPad.

RingCentral review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"RingCentral Office is a must have. "

What do you like best?

I'm a huge fan of how easy it is to set up - I have a lot of experience with hosted phone providers and it seemed that most admin portals would be the same but RingCentral is different. It allows you to make changes on the fly that reflect immediately.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any complaints. Anything that would be complicated or tough to figure out on your own is not an issue - they offer 3 complimentary training sessions to your admin, and then you can use a partner like me who will train the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In a very competitive market, RingCentral has done something very impressive- separate themselves and pushed in front of the pack.

Just need an alternative to using my cell phone for work. I was aware of the benefits.

RingCentral review by Tammi O.
Tammi O.

"Many Services all in one"

What do you like best?

RingCentral makes our small home office sound like a large corporation, and that is just one of the reasons we went with it after researching options. I can fax from my cell phone, Office App or website and I can send mass text messages.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to learn, but it is worth it. It is a very intensive system but it is personalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to learn but it is worth the effort.

We have solved having many offices in many locations, many home offices, but we sound like a big corporation whenever a client or potential candidate calls in. We have also utilized RingCentral Meetings, conference calls, texting and faxing.

RingCentral review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Easy to use application"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to program extension settings. When I am away from the office, it is very simple to setup rules about when to forward to my cell. Also, I like how simple the compose fax feature is.

What do you dislike?

You cannot program extension settings in the desktop application, only the web portal.

I work remotely often and it is important that my customers are able to reach me when I am out of office. Ring Central allows me to be available anywhere.

RingCentral review by David K.
David K.

"Great for fax management"

What do you like best?

fax forwarding to email so I do not have to use the interface and fax log

What do you dislike?

web interface seems cumbersome, specially when I need to review fax log for a single user as an administrator

Recommendations to others considering the product

we have split our communications between Ring Central and Comcast Business. I think things would work better using one solution like Ring Central, since comcast does not do faxing

eliminated analog fax machines and analog phone lines, which we moved to ring central to manage all image transmissions

RingCentral review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good in theory, poor execution"

What do you like best?

Theoretically, all the integrations with Salesforce would make this product really amazing. If RC within Salesforce automatically logged calls, etc.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem is the call quality is, for some reason, pretty poor. VOIP calling is supposed to have a clearer signal than a cell phone, but in my experience using RingCentral at 2 different companies, this is not the case. The worst possible outcome is when you reach a prospect and can't conduct a call, because you can't hear their responses, or they can't hear you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would choose another VOIP program

See above. No real benefits have been observed, and therefore I just use my personal cell to make calls, which thankfully, my company is supportive of.

RingCentral review by andre h.
andre h.

"Best Company to setup your office phone. "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you are able to switch office location from one area to another and have your phones back up and running in no time. Unlike some other phone companies who will take weeks to get a technician to come do your installation. RingCentral Supports an IVR (Automated system) that you can setup for your callers to choose different extensions etc. You an access your voice mails easily. You could even setup a mobile app that routes calls from your extension to you mobile phone just in case you have to be on the road.

What do you dislike?

RingCentral is not the cheapest solution to your phone problems so if you are strap for cash it might seem a little costly.

This has reduced the setup time are relocation. We did not have to wait an extended time to get our system up and running. It is VOIP (Voice Over IP) the need to have several phone lines from a phone company was not necessary.

RingCentral review by User

"Ringcentral phone system "

What do you like best?

It is really nice being able to call from my computer with a wireless beats 3 headset. I can connect with Bluetooth from my mac and make calls on the digital dialer. This allows me to block out a lot of noise with the headset and the mic on the beats is fairly decent at noise canceling. Using the mobile app is cool because it will forward inbound calls to your cell from your office phone. Good and bad at times if you get a lot of inbound calls.

What do you dislike?

We've had periods of outages from time to time. More-so than with our wired connection, but we didnt have as many options for calling. I think I still like RingCentral more than our previous provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bare minimum. Try it. Seems to work great for us, I'm sure you can compare what you have currently with this, but it may offer more options. Especially for sales.

Calling from remote locations on mobile devices. Ability to take your office phone wherever you go. Better organization and control of peoples lines.

RingCentral review by Tessa K.
Tessa K.

"Office VoIP System with Straightforward, Useful Features"

What do you like best?

Made the process of managing your own phone system reasonably simple. Transferring calls and conferencing in other callers is straightforward. The fax system was great, very easy to track history and what successfully transmitted. It was similarly useful being able to listen to voicemails online and getting a notification via email to include in your to-do email list. I don't have experience with other VoIP systems so maybe these things are standard but I feel this system offers everything I could expect from software of this nature.

What do you dislike?

Based on feedback from our administrator, the support seemed limited and it was difficult to change the structure of the system once it was initially set up, i.e. giving past employees' phones to new employees and reassigning the extensions, as well as reassigning extensions in general. Also, this may be no fault of the system but some faxes would fail occasionally, likely due to the receiver's set up rather than RingCentral.

We are able to send faxes online because some companies unfortunately still require them, and we are able to organize our phone extensions to set up our directory in a way that makes sense for customers and allows pertinent calls to go to groups (such as Sales, Accounting, etc).

RingCentral review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Ring Central great for calling on Wifi"

What do you like best?

Ring Central makes calling from anywhere easy. I can call from an App on my Macbook, from an App on my Phone, from my actual cell or office phone, and vis a versa on receiving calls. Better yet, I can even push a call from the app on my computer to my cell phone in the middle of a conversation without a disruption if I need to be on the move.

What do you dislike?

Ring Central doesn't have (or hasn't offered us) anything beyond 'click to dial'. Ideally we would have access to a more powerful 'Power Dialer' type product as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have strong access to Wifi throughout your office.

Calling prospects and partners.

RingCentral review by Administrator

"Abysmal Continuity For Multiple Line Office"

What do you like best?

The App for Ringcentral's mobile platform is the best I've seen in the industry. Their pricing is good for what you're getting. These are to two factors I would consider to be their strength.

What do you dislike?

Ringcentral seems to 'go down' nearly monthly. If you have a multi-line large office, Ringcentral is hampered with changes and their back-end integration has so many ways to interface it begins to feel like a maze through changes and updates to their software and dashboard. Their contracts are also un-ideal. Each time you add a new ringcentral line it extends your entire contract by the original duration. If you have a two year contract and add ringcentral, it locks in all lines for that duration of time. Creating flexibility ends up feeling like a prison.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vonage Is a better fit for Brick & Mortars on a budget that don't require multiple mobile log-ins.

Out-of-office communication is stellar. Mocking your cell phone as the primary office line is ideal for reaching clients. If you are an individual working as an independent contractor, or have a single line business Ringcentral is ideal.

RingCentral review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Ring Central - From a current user"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use my cell phone for work without having to give my clients/candidates my actual phone number. The convenience of being available all the time is great.

What do you dislike?

I feel like there are a lot of bugs sometimes and not always the best service since it runs off the intnernet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think its overall great to have to be able to work from home or while your away from the office. Make sure to keep up with the updates that way you dont run in to issues.

When I'm not in the office my clients can still get a hold of me. It's really just overall convenience.

RingCentral review by Sajan P.
Sajan P.

"Fully Featured. Stable. Decent Customer Service."

What do you like best?

What I love about Ringcentral is that all the features they offer, actually work as expected. Too many times companies will advertise a feature, but then it ends up being only a half measure in practicality. This is saying something considering the amount of things you can do with a Ringcentral account. Call parking, forwarding, grouping, multi level IVR, etc.

The control panel to set things up for both admins and individual users is also quite intuitive. Maybe a little overwhelming at first, but once you click around for 5 minutes, making changes exactly how you want them becomes natural.

Changes are instant too. Which is great as you can test new call flows and features without worrying about taking your system down for an extended period of time.

Their customer service is great as well. The reps are knowledgable and quick. I've only had to call in a couple of times, but I always felt satisfied. Never received any type of run around.

They haven't had any noticeably outages, and VERY rarely does my call quality noticeably drop. When it does, it is never for more than a minute or so.

Lastly, Ringcentral is clearly not just sitting around. Over the past couple years they've added some awesome features. Automatic call recording, meetings, conference calls, collaboration tools, business SMS.

What do you dislike?

Their base pricing for the Office line seems just a tad high. However, they do back it up with the features. Can't complain too much.

Their control panel is very sluggish and desperately needs an update I think.

On their conference call feature, when callers call in, they are greeted with a branded "Welcome to Ringcentral..." message. I strongly feel this is unprofessional and I should either be able to customize that conference call greeting or at the very least they should leave that greeting unbranded.

Ringcentral's products currently do not support Linux at all. You can use Ringcentral with linux just fine as the dashboard is web based. However, I really would like an official Linux compatible SIP client or the full desktop app they have for Windows/Mac that allows SMS messaging, viewing faxes, etc. As a Linux user, right now I'm having to login to the slow dashboard to download faxes. I can have them be sent via email, but I find that a little cluttering.

I wish we could send and receive the business SMS via the dashboard online rather than just the Windows app and mobile app.

I wish they had a mobile app for BlackBerry 10 or if they spent just a few minutes and submitted the existing Android app to additional Android app stores like Amazon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the dashboard is overhwelming, call support. They are quite good and helping you get setup. Then once you understand the basics of what is going on, it becomes quite natural.

Then again, once it is up and running, you rarely have to make any changes.

Ringcentral is a great way for a business of any size to have a separate business number and look professional. Automatic call recording has saved me tons of headaches when it comes to note taking during my calls. I can always go back and listen to things.

The advanced rules allow me to really customize who can call me where and when. I use this to give certain clients and their phone numbers permission to ring me directly after hours. I also let certain clients go directly to voicemail every time.

The phone system as a whole makes it very easy to give a great impression when people call. I hired a professional voice actor to do my prompts and am very happy with the image of my company when people call in.

RingCentral review by Brett R.
Brett R.

"RingCentral a phone system and so much more."

What do you like best?

I love being able to use the phone using my laptop. This gives me the option to use a bluetooth headset which allows my hands to be free to type in information into the computer keeping the conversation private and confidential between me and my clients and no one else in the office.

What do you dislike?

Nothing they have provided all the tools I need to run my office communications effectively and efficiently.

Communication from clients trying to reach me when I am away from the office through the ring central app on my phone and I no longer have to forward calls it is just done through the app

RingCentral review by Elle B.
Elle B.

"Great for people on the go!"

What do you like best?

I like that calls to my desk can be directed to my cell.

What do you dislike?

If the internet goes out, so does your phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a trustworthy internet connection and a backup plan in place should you lose internet connection. Aside from that- the features are great!

We have customer service representatives that are able to use tons of features offered by Ring Central. It is great for businesses operating in that capacity.

RingCentral review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to use, safe space"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and I don't need to have an actual FAX machine in my home office. I have limited space and just emailing my faxes is great. I don't FAX often.

What do you dislike?

It's probably more than I really need to spend based on the number of faxes I send/receive, but it's great to know I don't have to run to FedEX or UPS to FAX those few times.

I can FAX with great ease and no machine. Faxing is no longer the cool thing to do, but I have occasional need and this fits well.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

The functionality I like best about RingCentral is the mobile application I can easily use on my iPhone for calls and text messages.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about RingCentral is that it doesn't work that great on my Windows desktop. It is really slow and the calls I receive seem to be really delayed.

One of the biggest benefits has been the ability to work from anywhere and always have access to set up and join meetings on any device. Since it's a cloud application there isn't a requirement to only use one device, it can be accessed from tablets, mobile phones, and desktops easily.

RingCentral review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

I love ringcentral. It really gives us the ability to be connected and still be virtual. We dont need to worry about hardware, so it makes things easier and gives peace of mind

What do you dislike?

The price. I just wish it was a little less expensive.

We have virtual employees and employees that travel a lot. It gives them a phone extension without actually having to have a desktop phone.

RingCentral review by Alin G.
Alin G.

"Provides easy base for operating large amounts of 800 numbers"

What do you like best?

It is simple enough cloud system for managing your calls in one place, it is easy to use and the wen interface is great. I also like that you can create custom settings for your system according to your needs such as custom greetings, forwarding to your cellphone etc.

Conferencing feature is nice and useful. Overall it is great system for small or home business in my experience.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is easy to set up and find when you doing it at first time but you can call customer service and they are usually pretty helpfull.

Truly for conferencing there are so many concurrents that ring central really needs to try and differentiate themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement some additional features and provide more robust reporting and ability to share data with multiple interface users.

Communicating between remote employees and vendors and having a VOIP number for customers to contact that is easy to set up and has ability to record greetings and have forwarding and other convenient features.

RingCentral review by Govind R.
Govind R.

"Phone system for the company"

What do you like best?

Sound clarity

Complete phone system with call recording, fax, text, click to call.

Can use multiple device for the same account thought its limited to 3

What do you dislike?

Limited with the IP phones it can help with. I had to buy hardphone they have asked for. The IP phone I had bought were useless.

Phone systems to receive and make outbound calls for the web services we sell. It makes easy with texting feature

RingCentral review by Laurance J. S.
Laurance J. S.

"Ring Central Works Well"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup. Great customer support. Good level of customization, online tools, and resources. Video conference tool is easy to use. Apps intergrate well in iOS and Andriod making system very easy to access from anywhere. Glyp tool is really easy and go for quick connection with in an organization.

What do you dislike?

So far there has been nothing I dislike. Minor issue with contract and start dates that was rectified relatively quickly. Numrous calls hit system before number was published but were spam.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. Quality product at fair price.

VOIP phones and video conferencing tool.

RingCentral review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Ring Central - Not What I Expected"

What do you like best?

RingCentral has a great concept. The idea that you can have multiple users, simul-ringing to those users, so the clients never reach a voicemail, is great. Being able to text and make calls from the computer is great, too.

What do you dislike?

We've unfortunately had nothing but problems since signing up. The app on the phone only works half the time. The app on the computer and the app on the phone, if on at the same time, create errors where if I answer on the phone, the computer is still ringing and sends people to voicemail. I've had to have my extension deleted and a new one created because the extension was "corrupted." When I asked why, they couldn't give me a reason, they just said it happens sometimes but it's rare. My voicemail wasn't working for a long time, it kept going to the computer generated voicemail. We wanted personalization so people didn't feel like they were calling a corporation and it took weeks to get this right. I have had situations where I don't get a phone call at all, neither the app on my phone or the desktop app will ring at all. Every time I need to contact customer service, they're great, but it's a lengthy call and I shouldn't need to call them as often as I have. Plus, the system in general is confusing and not super user friendly. We signed up and I had to wait 2 weeks to get the introductory webinar to teach me how to use everything. During that call, he couldn't teach me what I needed to know in 1 hour so I had to schedule a 2nd call. We missed out on a listing during this transition because a call came through that we never received and went into a voicemail box we hadn't set up yet so it wasn't being check. By the time we got to the voicemail (1 day later) the people had already hired another agent. I also drop calls, a lot, which I think has more to do with my wireless connection than anything but it would be great if the apps would automatically switch to my phone network if the signal fades on the wireless end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you don't get rid of whatever system you are currently using before switching to RingCentral. It will definitely take you some time to set up your RingCentral account appropriately.

I work remotely from another state so this has solved the issue of needing a local number and being able to text and call right from my computer. If we could just get rid of these other issues, it would be great.

"Refuses to Function"

What do you like best?

Nothing. This product creates widespread inefficiency at our organization. Buyer beware. It's probably good for really small businesses, but it doesn't appear scalable for large organizations due to the amount of issues, outages, and poor quality our organization has been experiencing.

What do you dislike?

Everything. I don't want to be hyperbolic, and I can usually find the good side of any product, but the main purpose of RC is to make calls, and host meetings. When a large portion of our sales organization cannot do that, it's a big problem. Frequent outages, low call quality.

RC has only created business problems.

RingCentral review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Hard phone works well, Soft phone could use some work"

What do you like best?

It’s reliable, saves my messages, and the hard phone works well. It’s reliable and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Very frequent updates that take a long time with no added features. Soft phone features are hard to find - even when I’m always looking for the phone icon, it’s just not easy to use quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s probably as good or better than competitors. For softphone integration into another program, they want to charge $17 extra per user, which is ludicrous.

A hard phone at my desk, with a soft phone option. For the most part it does the job.

RingCentral review by Emily Penfold D.
Emily Penfold D.

"Invaluable for road warriors"

What do you like best?

I love the faxing features and the mobile app for ring central! Our team works in different time zones and travels often. Ring central gives us the freedom to be in the office from anywhere. I recently sent out training to our team about how to send a fax through the RingCentral app which will make our lives much easier.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no visible way for me to see that the call is coming through ring central on my phone. I do not know until I pick up and hear the recording. I don't like NOT having a direct line, we all have extensions which some calling systems don't recognize leading our main company representative to get unnecessary calls. I would like a text messaging function like Google Voice has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your office needs, the biggest benefit for us with ring central has been the faxing feature. Google Voice may be a viable solution if you are simply looking for a VoIP solution for mobile calling.

This allows our team to work remotely and stay connected no matter where we are.

RingCentral review by Becca L.
Becca L.

"RingCentral is Always Reliable"

What do you like best?

I really like the interface and ease of use. It's also nice having a reliable video conference system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it sometimes doesn't retain my login information even though I check the 'remember me' box. Other than that, I really have no complaints.

The biggest benefit is decreasing the use of email and instead just hopping on a video call. It's much easier to be able to collaborate on a project when you're video chatting. Our company is comprised of mostly remote workers so this also increasing the feeling of being connected, even if we're on opposite sides of the country.

RingCentral review by Miranda G.
Miranda G.

"User and mobile friendly"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to communicate with coworkers across the country from my desktop or mobile phone. The ability to forward phones with a couple clicks on the desktop or cell phone is so convenient.

What do you dislike?

Too many changes, seems like everytime I turn around there is an update of sorts and I have to change the order I do things.

Ease of using the system

RingCentral review by Khoa Anh N.
Khoa Anh N.

"Best phone service we ever have"

What do you like best?

Cheap

Automated phone assistant handles calls, sounds professional like in a big company.

Can modify options with app

Never down in 6 years

What do you dislike?

Nothin much. Ring central does what we want: answer calls and redirect them

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many companies in the US offering this kind of service. I only know this one in Canada (at the time we signed up anyways). Have not look lately (price has not increased).

We used to have a phone line just to redirect calls and a fax line. Now we get both for cheaper than the single phone line

RingCentral review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"internet phones"

What do you like best?

It connects well with the CRM and tracks the time and amount of phone calls made, making it easy to set and reach the goals within your metric settings.

What do you dislike?

It is a very unstable product. Sometimes the connection is so bad that the other person tells me that they couldn't understand a word I said in a voicemail. Also the connection between ring central and the CRM software is constantly needing to be re-connected. The ear piece is not always the most comfortable and microphone makes you sound like you are underwater at times. Constantly goes offline in the the middle of a conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research first and see if there is another system out there with a better track record

Right now the only benefit that has been realized is that it is the best product on the market and I use that term loosely.

RingCentral review by Curt M.
Curt M.

"RC for a small office, with remote staff"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, annual billing (forget about it for 11 months), remote setup of extensions, voicemails in my email. Reliable.

What do you dislike?

Setting up speed dials is a little cumbersome on RC phone, phone cycles out too quickly if I don't dial fast enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not technical, so I struggled a little in setup. But, got help, and got it done pretty quickly, and it works great now.

My staff is all remote; this is so simple to allow them to use their own lines, but be extensions on mine.

RingCentral review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"User friendly and full of options."

What do you like best?

Able to use Bluetooth, talk anywhere in office, transfer calls easily with one click, customization in admin profile is great.

What do you dislike?

Some Bluetooth headsets are not compatible with the RingCentral software, making some of the features unavailable, or some of the features only work some of the time. Call log takes a while to update, so any missed calls or recent calls will not show up for at least an hour after they came in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the support modules on their website and in the admin screen!

Hands free talking, transferring calls to cell phones and extensions, customizing voice options.

RingCentral review by Shayna J.
Shayna J.

"Great Option For PBX Telephone Service"

What do you like best?

Our company has been using RingCentral for approximately two years now. The service is reliable. We have only ever had a couple of situations where service was out for a short period of time, roughly an hour or so. I use a phone by Polycom that works tremendously well. I especially love the intercom feature and the transfer feature that allows me to give my colleagues a heads up on the call details before transferring the client through.

What do you dislike?

I have had an issue with technical support at RingCentral. A few days ago my RingCentral service was not working. My telephone displayed a message that the URL link was down and I was unable to get to www.ringcentral.com. Technical support, instead of helping me solve the problem, insisted the problem was with my ISP even though every other website I navigated to worked perfectly fine and my other VoIP system was working perfectly fine. My WiFi was also working fine and every other device connecting to it worked fine. The only thing that did not work was RingCentral's website and phone. I even tried accessing RingCentral through my iPad and I had no luck.

RingCentral essentially refused to listen to me, saying that because they could access their own website, the problem wasn't on their end. I'm not a technical support specialist but it seemed rather like "passing the buck" to me and I wasn't impressed with how it was handled. Regardless, I spent time fiddling around with it myself and after numerous reboots of both my phone and modem, it worked just fine again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only concern with RingCentral is my recent situation with technical support essentially blaming my ISP for the outage I was experiencing. Other than that, it's been great. I would highly recommend this product to anyone considering moving over to a VoIP-based telephone system. It even works seamlessly on my iPhone and my iPad.

The way our company is structured, all of our staff work out of their home offices. Without this system we would have no way of being able to handle client calls. It works very well for us and allows us all to do our jobs efficiently.

Prior to having this system, we had a cell phone for each of the cities that we do business it. It cost us over $300 a month for that. RingCentral costs approximately $100 per month so we've seen substantial savings.

RingCentral review by Dean V.
Dean V.

"Two years and still loving Ring Central"

What do you like best?

easy to control the phone system internally. Customer service is excellent when needed

What do you dislike?

when internet goes down there is no back up for phone, but oh well. Updated require each phone to be reset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a quote and test the system. easy to use

Costs savings was significant and easy to use in multiple locations.

RingCentral review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Reliable Phone System with Easy Setup"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to setup extensions for departments and individuals. The ability to add greetings and custom voicemails is great for customization. The website is easy to navigate and the Softphone App is a good plus.

What do you dislike?

I wish it more seamlessly integrated with our CRM software, but we are making the integration work using Zaps on Zapier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a professional to record your menu and voicemails for a well-branded and professional sounding phone system.

The ability to connect with customers, manage call to different departments and ensure callers are sent to voicemail if they call after hours.

RingCentral review by Dave S.
Dave S.

"Great for remote teams"

What do you like best?

The web interface is very good. Being able to quickly and easily route call patterns and create support trees has been a big help for our geographically dispersed team.

What do you dislike?

Account support has been a bit questionable. We were contacted multiple times by the same Account Manager who asked the same questions, and failed to provide appropriate follow up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're a small account, <10 users. It's been very helpful at our scale--but if you're doing anything more complex be sure to vet their account support team. Our experience thus far has been underwhelming.

We needed a phone system to connect our team of remote workers with our customers. Using the call routing we are able to provide a single support phone number to customers that will route clients to the appropriate team member

RingCentral review by Richard (Rik) P.
Richard (Rik) P.

"Efficient and Cost Effective"

What do you like best?

Moved from land line to RingCentral transferring the same numbers seamlessly. Reduced costs - dropping two lines and keeping only one direct business line and one dedicated fax line.

What do you dislike?

sometimes confusing with new upgrades and bells and whistles

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great live person service when needed. Having a rep assigned to keep contact with us.

Problem - getting information from voice mails and faxes to appropriate staff. Now all team members receive voicemail and faxes via email, reducing paperwork and filing procedures. This information transcends to our iPhones as well

RingCentral review by R. Melissa M.
R. Melissa M.

"Great Way To Be Productive In and Out of the Office!"

What do you like best?

The ability to use the app on my iPhone and take or make a call from anywhere; also the ability to text from my work line.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the line cuts out or the transfers don't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

The ability to work from anywhere.

RingCentral review by User in Computer Software

"Slow and buggy but very versatile tool."

What do you like best?

I like that I can use RingCentral via mobile app or desktop or have calls forwarded to my cell number. The web meeting capability has an Outlook plug-in that is interesting (when it works).

What do you dislike?

I've had consistent performance issues with this tool. I end up closing the app most of the time. The web meeting capability is not as reliable as competitors.

RingCentral allows me to have a California based work phone number that I can manage more carefully without having to rely on a physical phone. We also frequently use it for web meetings / conferences.

RingCentral review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Makes life easy"

What do you like best?

+ Softphones are definitely the future of productivity

+ Makes telecommuting a breeze

+ More feature-rich than typical office landline phone systems

What do you dislike?

- The system does have quirks, such as requiring two presence slots to be occupied by your own number (makes no sense - I already know whether I am currently talking on the phone or not!)

- Networks do need to be optimized for VoIP

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth it if you're considering a softphone/VoIP solution, and have a flexible budget. Though, oftentimes the product can be expensive.

Telecommuting, increased employee availability, and increased productivity in general.

RingCentral review by Martha G.
Martha G.

"Good but could be better"

What do you like best?

I like that it's very flexible since you are able to take calls on mobile or on a designated phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when the app is not open on mobile, when a call is forwarded there's no way to tell if the call is coming from a call forwarded from Ring Central or a private call from someone calling the cell phone/mobile directly.

The problem we were able to solve by using Ring Central is that we are now able to telecommute without having to worry about missing calls on a line land in the office. It has allowed our employees to have flexible workplaces.

RingCentral review by Alison R.
Alison R.

"Perfect Virtual Fax"

What do you like best?

No need for a fax machine, a phone line or all of that nonsense. Just scan your information and it is faxed over the internet.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, just the hassle of having to scan. But, there is no easy way around that unless you have the technology to never remove the docs off of your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great software, easy to use

no expensive equipment (beyond a printer/scanner which you likely have and/or need anyway), no expensive phone line that you don't use for anything else

RingCentral review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Prepare for Input Volume Issues..."

What do you like best?

I like RingCentral's easy to use features, such as transferring calls, flipping between calls and accessing the keypad.

RingCentral also makes it easy to change your caller ID if calling to different areas of the country. RingCentral's integration with other apps like SalesForce is also another reason my company went with the service.

What do you dislike?

I've had many issues with RingCentral's input volume. No matter the type of mic I use, I have issues with the input volume increasing to a point where the person I'm speaking to asks why the phone quality is "scratchy" or like I'm in a tunnel. With each update I hope that RingCentral improves the input volume quality.

I've found that I must physically hold the input volume at the lowest setting in order to make the issue less noticeable. This is very cumbersome and not something I'd suggest as a work-around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only suggestion is to keep an eye on your Input Volume level. This can be cumbersome during a live call, as you may need to physically hold the Input Volume at a low level (and hold it there). If not, you'll notice that Input Volume will max out and callers will complain (no matter how quiet your environment is).

RingCentral allows me easy call integration with other apps in my desktop. By integrating with other apps, I can track calls in/out. I can also dial easier and faster (which allows me to make more calls). Another issue RingCentral has solved is flipping between caller IDs for various locales across the USA. When working in Inside Sales, it's very important to have a local calling number on hand to offer my Clients an easy and affordable call back.

RingCentral review by Vinod M. M.
Vinod M. M.

"RingCentral Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have calls routed to cell phones when out of the office.

What do you dislike?

Major issue with RingCentrl is their customer service. One of the worse we have ever dealt with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the end user its not a big deal because the integrator takes on all the responsibilities such as our company does for our clients. The product works great however when it comes to getting support, it seems to be a problem.

That being said, consider working with a Technology Partner and having them manage your account for you.

we are able to help businesses get away from the traditional line and decrease cost.

RingCentral review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Simple Phone Services"

What do you like best?

I find the Ring Central phone services to be simple and easy to use. The more I learn about the software, the happier I become.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to understand the directions for a specific task but the help function is most helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better than a land line.

Since Ring Central is a VOIP phone system, we do not need to pay for a land line since it is all based on the internet.

RingCentral review by Brittany S.
Brittany S.

"Great alternative to a desk phone"

What do you like best?

Great quality of calls, can text, call and fax

What do you dislike?

randomly will close and not open until I reset my whole computer, also sends an email every time you get a text, email, or voicemail

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great ease of use

More desk room not having to have a landline

RingCentral review by Samantha N.
Samantha N.

"An Anywhere Phone System"

What do you like best?

It goes where you go. From the office, app or desktop. It's a phone system for today's business.

What do you dislike?

I think that RingCentral over the year's has enhanced the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great phone communication service.

The need to be in constant contact and reachable at all times.

RingCentral review by Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.

"RingCentral is not user friendly, and hard to use, Glip is great, but super glitchy."

What do you like best?

Glip is the only product I use every day that I enjoy using/find easy.

What do you dislike?

RingCentral Phone Services, dialing, calling, communicating internally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use Glip for team group chats and individual conversations, very useful.

Glip provides team chats that do not disappear.

RingCentral review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Absolutely love this product!"

What do you like best?

Being able to access our account via mobile app. Allows us to make phone calls, send texts, and faxes using our business phone while on our mobile device or desktop computer.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's not much to dislike about this program. It's been so useful for our company!

This has been so useful in taking after-hours phone calls. When we are not in the office we can forward business calls to our mobile device and make outgoing calls, as well.

RingCentral review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Robust VOIP solution for a small office with remote sites that are often not staffed"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, INCREDIBLE customer service-Competent live support almost instantly when needed most

What do you dislike?

The interface can be overwhelming. A small change could have a devastating effect

Recommendations to others considering the product

In for a penny, in for a pound, you cant do it halfway! Be ready for some growing pains, but in the end, it will be worth it. Big company functionality even if your tiny

Unstaffed remote offices can have phones answered easily. Move phones as needed in our buildings as we grow

RingCentral review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Great program!"

What do you like best?

Lots of features, great video quality, can text from your computer

What do you dislike?

Anyone who uses the link needs to download the program before use. The learning curve is a bit steep as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone needs to be on board or it doesn’t work well.

Recording meetings, clear quality, and gallery-style view are great for remote teams. This also integrates with Microsoft Office, setting up meetings within Outlook + RC is easy and quick!