RingCentral Office

RingCentral Office

3.8

RingCentral is a cloud-based business phone system

Work for RingCentral Office?

Learning about RingCentral?

RingCentral Office Reviews

Ask RingCentral a Question
Showing 241 RingCentral reviews
RingCentral review by User
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RingCentral Office
RingCentral review by Anna R. M.
Anna R. M.

"Ringcentral - Application with all the necessary VOIP tools."

What do you like best?

Ringcentral is a very complete tool for all types of VOIP needs, it has many available features associated with this task, in addition, it is very easy to install and configure, a couple of clicks, accept and already installed and running, the administration of this tool from its configuration panel, it also becomes quite simple, another tool that I can not miss from ringcentral is its voice to text converter, this has saved me many times in some support cases, since some clients are very difficult to understand Some words when they speak, and with this characteristic, I can understand exactly what they say, I love that.

What do you dislike?

Some features are not easy to understand, being so many tools is difficult to give full use of this application, I think the support can improve a lot at this point, and give periodic recommendations on how to use them, the website is missing much information about certain characteristics, and it is not that much information is found on the web, should create something like a weekly magazine, with periodic updates, and constant information about the good, and full use of this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommends this tool, to implement a complete solution of support service, which is executed with the VOIP protocol, the tool has all the necessary applications, to provide a correct and complete client support.

When each support person has their own work tools, such as phone numbers and their own extensions, to provide solutions to the different cases of customer service, this is a facility for each employee, and helps develop a more timely way all kinds of work, in addition to the automatic pre-recorded answers, you can save at any time, when you are busy giving solution to another person, and do not have time, to respond to all.

What VoIP solution do you use?

RingCentral review by Gemma B.
Gemma B.

"awesome experience"

What do you like best?

I like the ring central the best because this software helps me a lot, like the call are saved and it wont be deleted just in case you miss a call from the clients.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike this software because it gives me and my colleagues an awesome experience since we are always talking to some clients.. we can always leave a message here in ring central just in case the clients is not available to talk

Recommendations to others considering the product

it gives me and my colleagues an awesome experience since we are always talking to some clients.. we can always leave a message here in ring central just in case the clients is not available to talk. I would definitely recommend this software to my friends

It gives me and my colleagues an awesome experience since we are always talking to some clients.. we can always leave a message here in ring central just in case the clients is not available to talk

RingCentral review by Seth J.
Seth J.

"Small, Powerfu and Goes Anywhere You Go"

What do you like best?

The most liked aspect, for me, is that they have a mobile application.This platform makes it very east for me to handle almost all of the aspects of my job in one place. Its very handy and helpful when on the go and need a lot of your information in one spot.

What do you dislike?

There will be times that I get a call to my work number and it will not ring (via the app) and it will automatically send it over to my cell phone. The numbers are often new to me and or do not show on the caller id so I have NO IDEA who is calling and the best (personalized) way to answer the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making sure that the app will answer the calls without auto-forwarding them to my cell. Maybe there is a feature that I am missing or have incorrectly set up? Other than that it is a great platform.

On the go productivity. Tracking of called clients. Sending / Receiving faxes.

RingCentral review by Randy L.
Randy L.

"WIRED for communication everywhere you go!"

What do you like best?

I like the recorded calls. The online handset is very easy to use. I really like the texting feature. It has great alerts as well. I also like the phone app and it integrates with my CRM, Freshsales. I can send a text from my CRM or make a call. I like the conference call feature as well and it has come in handy closing deals on several occassionns.

What do you dislike?

I wish there could be periodic emails or screen messages talking about features that are available but maybe not as common. Of course you can call and record or send text, but what else can you do? I would like to be able to send a group text. I would like for my recorded calls to automatically be added to my files in my CRM, I would like for all text to be recorded there as well. I would like to be able to drop text my contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend an extra few minutes setting up your admin with your business flow. Notifications and such or calls that are very important to not be disturbed. There are many features so READ THE MANUAL there McGyver!

The recording has save my butt a few times. Now my boss uses the recording for advertising. Also I send the call to the client, it gives them a sense of security and trust. It is hard to trust a person so far away especially over the phone. I also have complete accessibility with the phone app. It is great and works very easily.

RingCentral review by Matthew d.
Matthew d.

"Good Phone Option w/Suboptimal Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Sound quality is great, it's nice to be able to receive my calls on either my computer, or pushed to my cell phone. Texting is easy, and it's nice to get my voicemails to my email. As well, it's a plus with a business being able to type an employees name and have it pull up their extension to be able to call or forward a call to them. As a business phone service, at least for a small business with only about 20-30 employees, it works well enough for the money with not much for other good options out there.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is iffy, often it takes awhile for an issue to be solved, only to not have it be solved in the end of things. It took almost two weeks to solve an issue with having customers dial in, select an extension, and have it forward to the right person. It still acts up, but seems to at least work 90% of the time. As well, I wish there was a way to turn off email notification for texts, especially with a back and forth conversation, it's very annoying to have 30 emails in a 10 minute span all for text messages I'm reading as they come in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can't afford a much more expensive software, this is the best budget conscious option out there after looking through many and making our decision. It does the job well enough and customer support at least attempts to help and fix your problems. If you need simple dial in, extension forwarding, with the option to text, this is the way to go.

Allows us to have a dedicated business line with each department having specific extensions that get forwarded to the proper people. Conferencing is easy, and call forwarding is a cinch if someone calls in to the wrong extension. It allows us all to connect our separate offices easily and keeps communication to a maximum. For the most part you can just set it up and let it run which means less tinkering with only changes needing to be done when extensions/users get added. The price is relatively good for what you get and helps us keep in budget while accomplishing what we need.

RingCentral review by Scarlett G.
Scarlett G.

"The Future of Work Phones"

What do you like best?

I like how I have my own phone number AND an extension. I also love how I can text and fax on my RingCentral app. Having these features combined into one program that I even download on my cell phone, making it so easy to communicate with my customers, and separate my work from my private life.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes RingCentral lags, and I can't hear my customer or vice-versa. Sometimes the line has static, or the voice on the other end sounds warped. This is usually fixed if I hang up or call again, but it definitely gets annoying. The problems occur because Ring Central is connected through the internet, so if the internet is down, so is Ring Central.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product, but be patient in the beginning because there may be some issues to work out while getting it set up. The customer service is great though, and there are so many options with this product.

Ring Central benefits my business because now each person has their own direct work phone number, as well as their own extension. The app is easy to use, and shows text messages and voicemails which are easy to access. Ring Central is also integrated to other apps I used, such as Tenfold. Another cool feature that I have access to is that my phone is integrated with my manager's phone, so if someone calls him and he can't pick up my phone rings, and vice-versa.

RingCentral review by Jared S.
Jared S.

"Low cost VOIP system"

What do you like best?

Ring central allows me to have an office phone system anywhere I go. It runs on my computer, phone and i also have a phone set on my desk. It also has fax and an automated system for answering and routing calls. All this for around $50 per month. It's quite inexpensive for a business line. No matter where I go I can have my office line with me. It's more professional than using just a regular cell phone.

What do you dislike?

Because the phone is VOIP it requires internet to work. Sometimes it slows down the network and connections are spotty. This occurs if I want to run a conference call and also do a screen share at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider that if you run multiple applications and try to call with ring central you need a fast internet connection. FIOS is best.

Business phone system

RingCentral review by User

"Customer Friendly and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I like about this product. You can call, chat, fax and do so much more all from one spot. The sound from the headsets work excellent and I have yet to deal with any technical issues. This is a great, inexpensive way to get faxes delivered right to your phone/tablet/desktop.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike about this product. It has been very user friendly and allows for many branches of choices in so many ways. It's less expensive than Metrofax, but not as reliable. Half the time a sent fax doesn't go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love that RingCentral is constantly upgrading its apps to make the service more useful and reliable. It works like just about any other program, but some things are not intuitive

and/or lacks expected features.

This product has solved issues with customer service respect, and ensuring members are using it properly. It has been easy to transfer folks and get them where they need to go. Have had no down time over past 2 years, and almost none the 3 year before that. We run heavy outbound calling 10 hours per day. Have moved phones to different locations with various routers and works everywhere.

RingCentral review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"The best VoIP solution we have used to date."

What do you like best?

The updates to the mobile app in the last six months or so have really made HD voice over 4G more comparable to the call quality using WiFi at the office.

What do you dislike?

We also use Glip and RingCentral Meetings in our office and while I don't necessarily have any real criticism for any of the different apps, needing a different app to utilize each aspect of the software's full functionality can be a little inconvenient. It's not a huge problem to have them all open on the desktop at the same time but it would be nice to see them merged. There are also some nitty gritty details with the way calls are received on the mobile app - some users have noted an issue with the call ringing on both their softphone app and their actual device. This is entirely anecdotal and likely related to a setting we have configured, but is mentioned here in the interest of full disclosure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RingCentral is currently the leader in the industry. Yesterday I saw Gartner's latest data on the Magic Quadrant and no one else is even really close to them. It's a great time to get in on the action and find out what you've been missing, and don't forget that Glip - the best team collaboration software I've ever used - is included with your service absolutely free of charge.

RingCentral's softphone solution is essential to how we conduct day to day operations. Each employee has an app on their PC or laptop as well as on their smartphone and there isn't really any daylight between the two versions of the software.

RingCentral review by Neal M.
Neal M.

"RingCentral is a great phone service for a small or even a large business. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add users and to check voicemail. I really like the caller ID feature. I know when to answer. It allows myself and our agents to be mobile and go from place to place without missing a single call. As the administrator, I love how easy it is to add new users and to be able to call them from the office by simply entering their extension from the office phone. RingCentral give my business a more professional presentation to our clients. When they call us, we appear to be a much larger company than we actually are. Like most businesses, it starts with the presentation. This system has more features than I have time to explain.

What do you dislike?

Like any service, I wish it were not so costly, but I also realize that you get what you pay for. I did have a difficult time in the beginning with the service, because I was trying to use our office phone through our computer. I soon realized that it worked much better hard wired to the Ethernet in the wall. I was very frustrated in the beginning, because I felt like I was paying full price without getting the full service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth trying. If I can understand how to operate the program, anyone can! The systems are very professional and easy to use.

I can be anywhere and still receive calls as if I am at the office. I also know when the incoming call is from my business line and gives me the benefit of knowing how to answer the call. I like the ability to program the phone to do what you want it to. There are a lot of settings that give you the freedom to set up your business phone system the way it works best for your company. I would definitely recommend RingCentral to my friends who own their own business and need a reliable, professional, manageable, and economical phone system for their office.

RingCentral review by Ellye C.
Ellye C.

"Great VOIP Software"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use - lots of great features! Super easy to transfer calls because of the contacts list and the contacts list is also great for being able to see who is calling back when you receive a call.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't run into any major issues with this software. The only thing that's slightly annoying is that when using the call monitoring feature, is that only one person can listen to the call. We used to be able to have multiple people listening a call with our old VOIP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely a product worth using - we had a great product demo before coming onboard with RingCentral. It's really simple and very intuitive.

We no longer have issues with phone calls connecting or the line dropping.

RingCentral review by Sagar R.
Sagar R.

"RingCentral is most sophisticated phone system I ever used"

What do you like best?

We were in desperate need for VoIP system for our office so that our overseas clients could reach us anytime without any hassle. We used CounterPath products for some time but didn't have satisfactory experience. Then we came across RingCentral and it has most useful, satisfactory system till date we used. It offers all the features you could expect from such system with stable performance. We have multiple numbers configured for multiple agencies we support and they work flawlessly together on same network. Their software is the best and call recording feature is superb in terms of audio quality and access. It is highly recommended system if you are in need of such phone system for your office.

What do you dislike?

Switching user to another computer is sometimes messy affair and should have been easy.

Hassle free VoIP based telephony system which is easy to integrate, manage and use.

RingCentral review by Tonya R. B.
Tonya R. B.

"Great potential but many key features non-existent."

What do you like best?

Programmability is fairly good. Service is quick.

What do you dislike?

Major flaws in this program:

1. Admins are unable to control Do not Disturb or Out of Office for agents. This means you can't turn an agent off to receiving calls in their absence, so the queue continually rings their phone.

2. Have to use the meeting app for video calling. Ridiculous! There needs to be something like Skype, Google Hangouts or Facetime function

3. When a user transfers a call, the transferring extension shows up instead of the original Caller ID.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was recommended to use RingCentral by our IT consultant and did not take time to research other options. Hopefully RingCentral can offer more of the features the users are asking for.

Modernizing phone system, directing calls to the correct agent. It's helped our team immensely.

RingCentral review by Andrea L.
Andrea L.

"Best option for it's simplicity"

What do you like best?

RingCentral is super easy to use. You don't need to sign up for a third party storage system in order to save your recorded calls. It's an all in one service.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, although not bad, don't seem to really understand the system. Our biggest complain is the actual service itself. It is spotty, calls drop, calls don't come in, calls go directly to voicemail so you never have a chance to answer the phone. RC doesn't seem to have a fix for this as this is something that has been going on for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow 1-2 months for setup and learning the system. Contact customer service every time you experience a technical issue.

Tracking calls. As humans, we make mistakes and the call recording helps us make sure we are doing everything we can to minimize mistakes. The app is an all in one app which makes it super easy to manage.

RingCentral review by J Lee H.
J Lee H.

"Good solution for virtual office"

What do you like best?

It works well for our business situation, which is a 100% online company with employees scattered across various states. We can transfer calls to another employee even though the other employee may be on the other side of the country. The flow of the calls coming in can be changed as needed. Support has generally been helpful.

What do you dislike?

Their setup screen/dashboard is confusing. Over time, I've gotten accustomed to it and can find things better. (Fortunately, they don't change things about every time you log in, like GoDaddy, where it requires a constant search of, "So where did they move that function?")

We are a 100% online company with employees working out of their homes in various states. We needed a phone system that was unified, and RingCentral has solved that need. We have used RingCentral since we began the company six years ago.

I have a desk phone that RingCentral supplied (I probably bought it, but at any rate, it came from them and has their brand name on it). This is a VoIP phone, and I have a slow internet speed (3.5 Mbps download), so if I'm opening a web page while on the phone, the phone connection stutters pretty badly. But if I'm only using the phone, it's fine (usually). The desk phone works very well for me, enabling me to keep work calls separate from personal calls. Well, I think you can do that by using the RingCentral app on your cell phone, but at any rate, I prefer having the desk phone when I'm working.

Each employee on the team has their own extension and their own set of rules, related to how phone calls should flow during their office hours and when they're out of the office. We use a receptionist service, so the calls first go to the employee, and if no response within the specified time, it then goes to the receptionist service (according to the flow we have set up in RingCentral). But there are seemingly endless ways you can have the calls routed. It can be confusing to figure out how to set up, but RingCentral support has always cheerfully helped me set up the pattern I'm looking for if things are not working the way I expect.

We use RingCentral for our fax number. Phone calls and faxes are logged in the portal so that we have a record for everything.

Those are the main things I've used RingCentral for. I haven't used the iPhone app much, basically because I do most phone calls from my desk phone, so I have no opinion to give of the iPhone app. At one point -- I think before I got the desk phone -- I tried to use the "soft phone" in the web portal, but the sound broke up so terribly that it was unusable. That was several years ago, so that may have been fixed since then; once I got my desk phone, I had no need for that anymore.

We have been looking into integrating RingCentral with Zoho (our CRM). It looks like it would be beneficial.

We have an account representative who calls quarterly to check on our needs and help where needed.

RingCentral review by Jim I.
Jim I.

"Simple cloud-based communications software"

What do you like best?

I like that RingCentral is utilized through my laptop, via my cell phone, and translated into voicemails via email and more. When I received a call on my laptop, the navigation through RingCentral made it easy to transfer calls, create a conference call, and track the numbers I received calls from.

What do you dislike?

Missed calls are not registered on the soft phone in a timely manner. If I have a missed call, the soft phone may not show it for a few minutes or for a few hours. Their is no app for Windows 10 mobile and no app for Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The softphone app can be installed on multiple computers allowing you to have, for example, one copy installed on your desktop and one copy installed on your laptop. This means that I can leave my desk and take my laptop with me and still be able to answer my phone. The softphone integrates with Outlook, so I don't have to duplicate all my contacts into another piece of software.

RingCentral integrated with the Zoho CRM and allowed me to make calls through the CRM, logging my calls and providing the opportunity to document what the call was for and more.

RingCentral review by Tammi O.
Tammi O.

"Many Services all in one"

What do you like best?

RingCentral makes our small home office sound like a large corporation, and that is just one of the reasons we went with it after researching options. I can fax from my cell phone, Office App or website and I can send mass text messages.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to learn, but it is worth it. It is a very intensive system but it is personalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to learn but it is worth the effort.

We have solved having many offices in many locations, many home offices, but we sound like a big corporation whenever a client or potential candidate calls in. We have also utilized RingCentral Meetings, conference calls, texting and faxing.

RingCentral review by Claire L.
Claire L.

"RingCentral for Small Business"

What do you like best?

RingCentral is an affordable and convenient software that allows us to answer calls from our computers and mobile devices, set up an answering service and directory, and communicate easily within our business.

What do you dislike?

RingCentral is occasionally slow on my system (MacOS Sierra) and I sometimes miss calls because it is too slow to load. Using my mobile device in addition to my computer has helped with this, and I do believe that having an older computer is the problem more than the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make full use of the implementation support and user support they offer. RingCentral employees are friendly and very helpful.

We were able to set up extensions for each part of our office with complete ease. We love how customizable it is and how user-friendly the interface is. It has competitive pricing and great customer service, and we've been very happy with our purchase.

RingCentral review by David W.
David W.

"Gets the job done...I guess..."

What do you like best?

Ability to move from one location to another.

What do you dislike?

Consistency of service is a challenge, and support is lacking and very slow. When sold as a solution for business the support for business impacting issues (ie. my tech support staff cannot open the program after a windows update) needs to be better than "sometime in the next week".

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all you need is basic functionality then it can be very good for you, but be aware of some of the drawbacks if you are a smaller company. I've heard that the support for mid-large companies is more responsive, keep this in mind.

A small call center solution, about 20 staff, big enough to need call center features but not big enough for call center infrastructure.

RingCentral review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"Office calls made easy"

What do you like best?

The web interface and visual voicemail. It is hard to believe that visual voicemail is not on every single phone out there (since it comes default with newer iPhones), but having this feature on a VOIP phone system is amazing. Intra-office and store calls, along with outside calls from customers and vendors, are seamlessly handled and easy to follow up with. All along with a web URL that allows for complete control and customization. We are extremely glad to utilize this.

What do you dislike?

The only con is that at times I clear out missed calls online, but it does not update on my desk phone. It has worked before, so it could just be a setting/hardware issue. Other than that it works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product that makes handling different types of calls much more manageable.

Controlling the ability to communicate both within an office and field environment while also interacting with calls from outside our company.

RingCentral review by james s.
james s.

"Bad Service"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Ever since I first signed up they have obviously changed the way they handle customer service. Originally they had their own call center with staffed agents. Then I started noticing situations where they had "level" techs

What do you dislike?

hese were basically glorified secretaries that took all your information, said pretty words and then transferred to someone who dealt with the issue. It was inconvenient and time consuming but it wasn't a horrible experience. Now when you call it is straight up a call center reading off a script. They have no idea what the product even is and they just try to help you by pointing out the website FAQs or telling you something they are reading off a piece of paper. They are trained so horribly that you can actually detect the timing when they are reading off the paper. Horrible customer service.

I received a month free but they make you sign a contract to get the month free. I have been trying to close my account since two weeks in the free month and they will not close it.

RingCentral review by Evgeny N.
Evgeny N.

"Great VoIP solution that startups can afford"

What do you like best?

Price is not so high, works good, can add many extension numbers without additional cost, lots of good features, you can be reached wherever you are.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to choose the plan and we had to spend much time to speak with representatives in order to have good offer. Also, sometimes, it is hard to navigate among so many features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are small or medium size company you should try this solution. If you are enterprise, you can afford other tools as well, but RingCentral has most features you can wish for.

We are a startup company, and our employees are in different cities and countries, so it is very helpful for us to have a VoIP system in order to be reachable all time. Also, the tool helps us to have as much options as big companies have, but spend much less money for it.

RingCentral review by Amos E.
Amos E.

"Virtual Office at affordable price"

What do you like best?

Configurable, powerful, sophisticated, at an affordable cost.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of much I dislike about this solution. I have been using it for years without a glitch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a small business you can not go wrong with this virtual phone system. It has all the needed bells and whistles and is affordable,

Handling phone calls to me and my team. Toll-free vanity line. Fax-in and Fax-out capability. My team can re-rout calls between each other, set-up a hunt-group (ringing different phones in sequence or parallel, and set up custom announcements. We can also use a follow-through to a regular or cell phone number of intercept the call via an app on the computer or smart-phone..

RingCentral review by Colleen M.
Colleen M.

"Have only used a few times, but seems to work fine."

What do you like best?

Fine call quality once I was able to download the software and dial in

What do you dislike?

I really didn't like that you actually had to download some software prior to dialing into a call. I am accustomed to using Webex, so when I had a call at 10, I dialed in at 10, to find out I needed to download and wait for that to complete, thus causing me and a few other colleagues to be a few minutes late for our meeting. It also doesn't give you a list of all the participants on the call, so you don't know who exactly is speaking, if it's a larger crowd of people you don't yet recognize the voices of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally would go for another software that will show a participant list of who all has dialed into the call. I also didn't like that I had to download something prior to the call.

We only used the service for when we are having calls with an external agency. It's an alright platform to host calls on.

RingCentral review by All State M.
All State M.

"office phone system "

What do you like best?

app allows users to work remotely using the same office number able to send and receive text messages .

you can check voicemail ,send text, and make calls from anywhere with the same office number , personal cell on your desktop

What do you dislike?

menu can be confusing at times but once you learn how to navigate it , it is easier and they have a great customer support to help wait times can be long to get a rep on the phone.

office phone system

RingCentral review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"All in One CLoud Communication Platform the really delivers"

What do you like best?

RingCentral is the best place to start from scratch. You get great call paths, team collab, SMS and terrific reporting. It is an intuitive tool that gives admins line of sight on all aspects as well.

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest solution out there and just because you can include everything doesn't mean you should. Not everyone wants to pay for all their users to have fax, toll audio and video conferencing. You can't mix your levels either which a real bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't deployed IM, or Team Messaging look here first. You can get it all here. If you are managing a sales team ask about Live Reports. You can wallboard your call details for gamification sake. It's great!

We manage a distributed workforce with mobile and home office staff. We now have call queues, extension dialing and presence. It has been a game changer.

RingCentral review by Ashli S.
Ashli S.

"Navigation and reporting are just so-so"

What do you like best?

Integration with our CRM (Copper), detailed call tracking, ability to export data to .xls. User documentation is complete and easily searchable. Diverse ways to use the product: desktop, browser and mobile applications

What do you dislike?

Reports are clunky to pull and I resort to exporting the data to .xls for easier manipulation. Customer support is ok, we have a Customer Success Manager who could be a bit more responsive. Navigation in the dashboard is often counter intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Whisper feature is helpful for performance management.

Call center performance management and detailed tracking in our CRM.

RingCentral review by Jeromé C.
Jeromé C.

"Using RingCentral"

What do you like best?

RingCentral is one of the only services that I have used that offer SMS Text, outbound/inbound phone calls, as well as E-Fax. Additionally, they are always available if you ever need assistance from their customer service team.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they have glitchy issues but they generally get resolved quickly. Originally I thought they were glitchy all the time but after exploring other providers they offer all the features and are generally on point. You have to be careful about forwarding phone calls to multiple lines as the connection can get bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use RingCentral as our base provider but for call analytics and and tracking we use CallRail. This way it we can keep RingCentral as our base/personal phone numbers separate from our marketing numbers that we track for business purposes.

We are using RingCentral as our base phone system, they have mobile apps, softphones on the computer and physical phones if needed. We use them for E-fax as well and if needed you can use their feature for internal team use. RingCentral has all the features you would expect from a phone provider compared to most other services.

RingCentral review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"They Hurt my Busuinesss "

What do you like best?

They have crippled a portion of our business by not understanding what we wanted. I think customer service and technical support are based outside of the USA and in a country where English is not the primary language. Also, when communicating with them over the phone each party speaks over the other party due to some technical anomalies.

What do you dislike?

The system is mediocre at best. The quality of the lines is 5/10, with a major delay in voice if you use the actual app and don't forward the lines to your direct phone/cell phone. After a few calls, we just decided to forward the calls directly as people were complaining about the voice lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go with them. Make sure you use a company that helps you not only to set up lines. I never saw a bad service like that... For sure they lost my account.

ell I wasn't factoring in where you came from until you told me this was why the service was lacking? Strange thing to tell a client.

RingCentral review by Rafael R.
Rafael R.

"Can't lose a meeting with this, connect from everywhere"

What do you like best?

The possibility to connect to meetings with a lot of devices, by web application, desktop application, mobile application or even by phone, just attending to the meeting number.

What do you dislike?

As I'm in a country with a very bad internet connection, meetings via web application are very hard to do, it is a pain to connect, Other meeting applications have no problem with this, so I don't know if RingCentral need a little more bandwidth or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this tool for "more professional" web conferences, when you have employees outside the company, outside the city or even in their homes, make the conference in a conference room with everyone but also, add other to the meeting, this will make them feel like the are there with all of you.

We use this for web conferences, it can record the meetings and can be accesed even from a mobile phone whitout internet connection, so even employees with no internet access can join.

RingCentral review by Kimberly  L.
Kimberly L.

"Amazing way to communicate"

What do you like best?

What I love about the program is that your able to receive text messages from claimants as well as track down the incoming calls and outgoing.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike that you can't hear your the phone number first when checking your voicemail. Another feature I don't like is that if you delete a voicemail from the ring central website it deletes it from your inbox on your actual phone.

Better communication for people who can't call they are able to text.

RingCentral review by Charlie F.
Charlie F.

"RingCentral is relatively easy to manage"

What do you like best?

I like that we can manage all users and extensions in one place. It's easy to change and update as we get new employees.

What do you dislike?

We all have to share a password and log-in to complete administrative duties. If the administrator is not in the office or out-of-touch, we have to log in as them to make changes. It's also sometimes hard to find certain settings based on the way the portal is laid out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this service for those that don't want to be tied down to landlines in their office. It's also great for companies that have remote employees or employees that prefer to receive all calls on their cell phones.

Problems included: phone line centralization, use of landlines, poor cell service reception. We have been able to centralize all our phone lines, avoid using land-lines (forward calls to cell phones), and use WiFi calling for areas of the office that have poor cell-service.

RingCentral review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"Decent System with A Lot Hiccups"

What do you like best?

The ability to receive calls on the desktop, cell phone, or desk phone is extremely convenient. Also nice to not have an in house server you have to manage in favor of a 24/7 managed cloud service.

What do you dislike?

It was extremely oversold. We were constantly told about features and then when we asked for them were handed dollar signs. We have outages on and off sporadically with no warning. Some features are just poorly designed and make little sense. Can't add outside users to Precense on phone? Paging for only a limited amount of phones? Causes more issues than it solves.

Keeping us connected no matter where we are for the good and the bad.

RingCentral review by Administrator

"A little confusing, but lots of functions"

What do you like best?

There are many options for how you can configure your office's phone system.

What do you dislike?

Because of all the options things can get a little confusing. Occasionally our phone system seemed to "act up" and ring in weird ways, where our clients weren't getting through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for it to be tricky to set up, and take advantage of any training or support provided to make sure it is all done correctly. Feel free to reach out to support whenever you aren't sure of something.

The ability to have one phone number that can be forwarded to our agents' cell phones is great. No one really works out of our main office, but it is still important to have a central office phone number.

RingCentral review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Easy User Interface, Periodic Technical Issues"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is user friendly and that employees can use it as a multi-function device. You can call out and receive calls, fax, and text. There is also a video chat option as well as a chat feature within the program called Glip which allows you to communicate with your team easily if they are busy on the line with a customer.

What do you dislike?

Periodically, we experience log-on issues, dropped calls, poor reception, or issues where we cannot call out at all. That is a big issue when the phones are ringing constantly and cannot be answered due to technical difficulties.

Ability to have all calls directed to every employee who is available on RingCentral, the ability to work remotely without having to have use of an office space, ability to easily transfer customer to proper representative.

RingCentral review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"It’s fine, but if it weren’t for the switching costs, I’d go with another VoIP provider"

What do you like best?

It’s a reasonable service and after we negotiated a discount for our non-profit, at a reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

I know this might not bother others, but I absolutely *HATE* that they add a line item in the bill for "RingCentral Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery Fee". If you dig in further, they do eventually say "The CRF is not a tax, nor is it mandated by any level of government or government agency." It is simply the cost of doing business, but they tack it onto the section containing all of the other government mandated taxes and fees to disguise it and so they can have a lower advertised base cost of the service. It really speaks volumes to me how a company that would do this views its customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know some orgs are simply requiring people to use their own mobile phones. That plus a free Google Voice number for everyone is certainly a viable alternative.

Definitely negotiate for a discount. We got 33% off when we initially set up with about a dozen lines.

VoIP is really the best way to go for phone service these days. The call routing features are great, especially when people are out of the office and we need to cover calls into the main line.

RingCentral review by Laurance J. S.
Laurance J. S.

"Ring Central Works Well"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup. Great customer support. Good level of customization, online tools, and resources. Video conference tool is easy to use. Apps intergrate well in iOS and Andriod making system very easy to access from anywhere. Glyp tool is really easy and go for quick connection with in an organization.

What do you dislike?

So far there has been nothing I dislike. Minor issue with contract and start dates that was rectified relatively quickly. Numrous calls hit system before number was published but were spam.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. Quality product at fair price.

VOIP phones and video conferencing tool.

RingCentral review by User

"Buggy but get's the job done"

What do you like best?

I can call straight from Sales force which makes it so I can have a more efficient workflow. I am needing this to stay in touch with sales prospects and clients. It is an awesome tool but needs some consistency.

What do you dislike?

I need to update this desktop app daily. Seems like they are always pushing bug fixes that require a full uninstall and re-install. Having to spend 5 minutes every day is kind of defeating the purpose though I probably do spend less time dialing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you want to dial from your CRM.

I am more efficient with my work by calling direct links vs typing every number. Again, minimal benefit but a benefit none the less. I do like the UI but if they can allow me to end calls from salesforce then I will be able to work even faster and with better quality.

RingCentral review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"Good; Nothing Special; Pay attention to the Software"

What do you like best?

Ease of install; quick to get up and running; works with most types of networks without having to have special performance improvements or QoS configuration.

What do you dislike?

Different software apps are used for different purposes, making for a very disjointed user experience. Difficult to click-and-dial in many situations. Joining a meeting, for example, is difficult because keying in meeting numbers after the original number can't be done via cut-and-paste.

Application UI is non-optimal, requiring extra keystrokes or screen changes to perform actions. I especially dislike this because I'm already somewhat distracted by the fact that I'm on a phone call and am trying to do something like mute my phone or key in a meeting number with the least distraction possible. I didn't find any differentiator between RingCentral and competitors; some of the start-ups have some nicer approaches to coordinated software and improved UI/UX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UCaaS is full of great features, and most vendors have equivalent features. The difference is in how they are implemented and how easy it is to use (User Experience, or UX). Be sure to check out competitors such as Nextiva or 8x8. RingCentral is the market leader, but they seem to be relaxing in that position a bit and I expect others are getting ready to overtake them based on superior service and software design. Voice quality and network infrastructure is important, and vetting these aspects for any vendor is difficult, though some are much more transparent than others.

Many offices, each with their own phone system, didn't have a central directory or automated attendant. RingCentral gave this to us (like most other cloud PBX providers would). The central directory and automated attendant are successful, but unfortunately we can't correlate our internal extensions to the public number, so for example if someone's number is 415-555-1212 you'd like to make their internal extension 212, but we can't make that happen easily.

The administration screen is OK but not always intuitive.

RingCentral review by Marc "Rosie" R.
Marc "Rosie" R.

"Valuabe Part of Our Company"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. The ability for my whole team to have access to it both online and the app. It is geneally user intuitive to set up.

What do you dislike?

I am often frustrated by their customer service department and sometimes how hard it is to get support.

My team is always accessible wether at their desks (remotely) or on the go. Additionally - the reporting allows us to measure success of the team

RingCentral review by Rachel E.
Rachel E.

"Good phone service software to use. "

What do you like best?

I like that you can choose what caller ID that shows you are calling from. Also that you can send texts from the program and keep your records.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that the caller ID for the numbers that called do not show on the call log.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good way of giving employees a personal account for them to make and receive calls.

Using ring central for outbound calling for leads. It's nice to have my own personal account so that it's easier for my clients to contact me directly and leave or text me messages directly.

RingCentral review by User in Computer Software

"Great for Tracking"

What do you like best?

The system is great for being able to keep track of several different things at once, from calls and voicemails, to colleagues who aren't available, and even text messages.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to get set up properly, and the interface isn't always very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have adequate training and know all the features before you start making/taking calls. It's not fun to fumble when there's a client on the other end of the line. Also consider the options available before you add this system to every device. You might not want client calls to go directly to your personal cell phone, but a business cell phone would work wonders with this type of system.

We are using the system to accept customer support phone calls and to schedule conference calls with clients who need some extra help with an issue they're having.

RingCentral review by Administrator

"RingCentral -- Great for Office"

What do you like best?

It makes for a super simple way to fax without dealing with ocmplicated machines.. it can be set up through email, and you can add as many users as you would like.

What do you dislike?

When searching for old fax sent confirmations, it is hard to find and figure out how to pull up the actual document you're looking for. If you delete the email of the confirmation, there's not a good way to get it from the ringcentral website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool! I don't know that there would be a better system for multiple users to fax.. very helpful because you can be on or offsite to use.

Making it easy to fax, and also as the administrator I get all documentation of incoming and outgoing faxes from all users.

RingCentral review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

Ring Central is a great tool for the sales associates to use at the office as well as on their cell phone. They just open the app and can make calls and send texts right from there. Without using their own number.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes for this product at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great is you have multiple personnel using phone lines

My sales associates can be engaged with customers on the go, which provides an awesome customer service experience.

RingCentral review by Mark N.
Mark N.

"Ring Central has consistently served my needs."

What do you like best?

I like that it all runs through it's own system. No one ever receives my direct number. The app is also very helpful and makes things easier on my smart phone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the call does not come through the app so it looks like a regular phone call from an unknown number. This causes me to ignore calls i need to take.

The app on my smartphone is a real benefit. Not having to give out my number is nice.

RingCentral review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"Great VoIP Phone system for SMB"

What do you like best?

-Tons of features included in each plan

-Easy to use admin portal

-Reliable service and support

What do you dislike?

-Lack of local dial-in numbers for conference calls in many area codes

-Doesn't work well with certain large scale fax machines

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of business VoIP options out there and lots of them offer similar features and benefits and less cost than RingCentral. But nobody else has ALL of the features you will need - regardless of the plan you choose - and the well-designed easy to use admin portal of RingCentral. When you consider those factors together RingCentral is easily worth the investment.

-Complete and easy control of phone system/IVR for all members of the team despite virtual office setup

RingCentral review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Offers Great Solution for Web-Based Teams"

What do you like best?

RingCentral has great features. There are apps for iPhone and Mac in addition to the web-based module. It provides a great way for everyone to have individualized office numbers without using their personal cell phone numbers. There is also a great meetings app that allows our team to meet via the Internet weekly. The quality of the video chat is great!

What do you dislike?

I have not discovered a way to save meeting IDs. I have to copy and paste a meeting ID each week. Our team uses the same meeting ID for our weekly meetings, it would be nice to have an option to save it versus have to enter it each time. The screen-sharing option could use a little more work to make it easier to communicate.

Our team is a web-based team with 7 members in 4 different cities with no home office. We also work with a network of international partners who have access as well. It makes it easy to meet in real time with a web-based team.

RingCentral review by User

"It's ok, could be better"

What do you like best?

I think the best thing about this program is ease of use. It's very use friendly, and I can find the things I need easily. And change my status, as well as the number that is displayed when I call someone. It also records your calls which is VERY helpful. You can even send text messages!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are a lot of bugs. Some times I have to call someone 5 times before it will start ringing. And I will get recordings saying the number is disconnected or busy, and if I keep trying to call, after 3-5 times the call will finally go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make sure you have a really good internet connection. And if you call someone and it won't go through, try 5 more times before giving up!

Ring central makes it easy for a business to make calls without needing a landline. You just need to download and hook up a headset to your computer.

RingCentral review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Good suite of communication "

What do you like best?

mobile and desktop versions let me use the tools in the office or on the go. I can answer my office phone from the physical office phone, a softphone on my computer, or from my cell phone via my ring #. I can even send text messages via my ring number from my cell phone.

What do you dislike?

The conference line creates 2 windows - one for the talking participant and one for the list of participants. it often makes using the 2nd screen difficult on a screen share.

there is never quality issues with screen shares and calls, unlike other conferencing programs we've used

Learn more about RingCentral Office

RingCentral Office Videos

Learning about RingCentral Office?

* We monitor all RingCentral Office reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.