Rise

The workplace of the future is about the employee experience. That’s why, in addition to software that manages your payroll, scheduling, time off, and benefits, Rise integrates with a range of tools to help you build a world class culture, all connected through one central hub. - See more at: http://rise.xyz/#sthash.wfauSJY0.dpuf

Work for Rise?

Learning about Rise?

Rise Reviews

Ask Rise a Question
Showing 51 Rise reviews
Rise review by <span>Markianna J.</span>
Markianna J.

"Huge relief!"

What do you like best?

Automation with amazing support! Easy enough for a newbie like myself, and whenever I had a question, they resolved it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything! It was hard to get a hang of it, but that was because I didn't understand Payroll to start with, but Rise helped me overcome both of those

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further - this system is amazing and is backed up by amazing support.

I was making a big change in my company from Contractors to Employees. I didn't want a huge payroll headache, but I'd also never done it before and was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Then I found Rise, and not only did they help me get started with their software, they helped me figure out a ton of my questions around payroll. I was worried that even after finding a great free software, I wouldn't be able to make good use of it due to my lack of knowledge about how to do payroll in the first place. They bridged that gap for me and it's not lost on me how much of a headache they have saved me. I am so grateful these good folks are out there... thank you, Rise.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rise
Rise review by <span>Darren M.</span>
Darren M.

"Rise : Payroll solution for small business"

What do you like best?

The service desk people are very knowledgeable and helpful when you need them. The system itself works quickly and I am able to complete my payroll (15 people) within about 10 minutes. The reporting is more than adequate for my business analysis needs.

What do you dislike?

Some of the Payroll instructions can be a bit confusing but the help desk people are able to help me choose the best one in the event I am unsure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you clearly understand what the various Payroll Instructions are intended to accomplish so that you implement the right ones. Spend some time on the Help site to explore these and then ask the helpdesk any questions you are still unsure about.

Ease, speed and reliability of payroll completion is a breeze and takes minimal time and effort on my part. I am now looking in to the time off manager component as a centralized way to help my employees know how much vacation time they have banked and book vacation time etc while making approvals easy for me.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Rise review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Rise is useful, well-priced, but with a bit of a learning curve"

What do you like best?

At the end of the day, Rise solves a problem and allows us to do our payroll quickly and without much hassle. We're grateful we found Rise, and we'll certainly be sticking with them for the foreseeable future, as they're solving a real problem we had.

What do you dislike?

Rise's system is a bit complicated, which is unavoidable to some degree when doing something complex like payroll, so there's a learning curve involved. That said, Rise does a good job of walking you through the process in length.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rise is our first payroll solution, and it's solved our problems well. I can't compare it to another competing system, but I do know that the pricing (free under a certain number of employees) is quite compelling, and is unlike most of the other vendors we considered.

Our payroll was not organized prior to using Rise, and Rise has fixed that – it's really been a game-changer on that front.

Rise review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Not a very helpful payroll software"

What do you like best?

The setup for new employees is simple. The helpline (online and by phone) is very friendly and helpful when it comes to asking for help.

What do you dislike?

I have ran into various issues when Rise is giving us wrong information on certain payroll treatments. I would expect Rise to provide us with payroll support, including how to calculate vacation pay etc. There are times when I feel like I had to do the research on my side and then educate Rise on how to put the calculation together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

May need to have a HR specialist in the office as I wouldn't recommend relying on Rise fully on payroll issues and treatments.

We are a growing fintech company and expanding very quickly. There are constant changes in the company and therefore we are always in contact with Rise to change the way we build departments. There are certain reports that we have used that enables us to calculate FTE.

Rise review by <span>Sandeep K.</span>
Sandeep K.

"Cloud-based, lightweight Payroll service - It Just Works!"

What do you like best?

I like the easy data input, which resembles a spreadsheet style layout (great for finance folks!), the system is easy enough to use (simple logics, easy formulas for new codes), I also like the email statement delivery (better than paper statement of earnings or logging into other services, or even the website itself to get statements), and I also like the ease of reporting - I can easily design reports or request help, and their team is friendly and easy to work with, should I have any requests.

I also love their fee structure. It's simple without all the nickel and diming that is so prevalent with other providers.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to gripe about. I wish it was simple enough to get the regular journal entries for our payroll without bugging their team all the time for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very straight forward product with simple data entry all on one page, and everything is laid out in a logical manner that makes it easy to use.

The problem was having confusing platforms that had steep learning curves, having to distribute paper copies of statement of earnings (or having employees having to login to other sites to retrieve statements), and getting rid of per-service pricing, which was difficult to predict and confusing to understand (e.g. cost to do a one-off pay run, cost to prepare year-end docs, costs to run terminations, etc.).

Rise review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Over promises, under delivers"

What do you like best?

Better than manual process. Even with its clunky interface, Rise still saves time over using PDOCs.

What do you dislike?

Clunky interface, disinterested support. I've put in tickets and made feature requests that haven't been implemented in years. I get a notification at midnight right before payroll data is due at 10am. If I'm asleep before I get the notification, I have to rush in the morning to get it done. I can view my payroll reporting schedule in Rise, but can't export it into my calendar so that I get earlier notifications. I've suggested/requested letting the user specify when they get the notification and calendar export but after asking for it for a year and a half, I don't expect it to happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of other options out there for payroll right now. I think Rise has refocused. You should consider other options. The main reason we're still with them is inertia and the challenge of moving to a new system mid-year.

Time spent doing manual payroll.

Learning about Rise?

* We monitor all Rise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.