Rise

The workplace of the future is about the employee experience. That’s why, in addition to software that manages your payroll, scheduling, time off, and benefits, Rise integrates with a range of tools to help you build a world class culture, all connected through one central hub. - See more at: http://rise.xyz/#sthash.wfauSJY0.dpuf

Work for Rise?

Learning about Rise?

Rise Reviews

Ask Rise a Question
Showing 52 Rise reviews
Rise review by Markianna J.
Markianna J.

"Huge relief!"

What do you like best?

Automation with amazing support! Easy enough for a newbie like myself, and whenever I had a question, they resolved it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything! It was hard to get a hang of it, but that was because I didn't understand Payroll to start with, but Rise helped me overcome both of those

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further - this system is amazing and is backed up by amazing support.

I was making a big change in my company from Contractors to Employees. I didn't want a huge payroll headache, but I'd also never done it before and was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Then I found Rise, and not only did they help me get started with their software, they helped me figure out a ton of my questions around payroll. I was worried that even after finding a great free software, I wouldn't be able to make good use of it due to my lack of knowledge about how to do payroll in the first place. They bridged that gap for me and it's not lost on me how much of a headache they have saved me. I am so grateful these good folks are out there... thank you, Rise.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rise
Rise review by Darren M.
Darren M.

"Rise : Payroll solution for small business"

What do you like best?

The service desk people are very knowledgeable and helpful when you need them. The system itself works quickly and I am able to complete my payroll (15 people) within about 10 minutes. The reporting is more than adequate for my business analysis needs.

What do you dislike?

Some of the Payroll instructions can be a bit confusing but the help desk people are able to help me choose the best one in the event I am unsure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you clearly understand what the various Payroll Instructions are intended to accomplish so that you implement the right ones. Spend some time on the Help site to explore these and then ask the helpdesk any questions you are still unsure about.

Ease, speed and reliability of payroll completion is a breeze and takes minimal time and effort on my part. I am now looking in to the time off manager component as a centralized way to help my employees know how much vacation time they have banked and book vacation time etc while making approvals easy for me.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Rise review by Alex Z.
Alex Z.

"Great service for new users"

What do you like best?

I absolutely had to leave a review for the incredible service from Rise. The website is intuitive and user-friendly. When you first sign up, you can enroll in a free Webinar where they walk you through setting up. I am just amazed at the helpful, quick, and friendly service I receive. This truly is an example of a superior business.

The service is free when you have fewer than 20 employees, but I am certain that once my business grows I will stay with them, I highly recommend using Rise for all your payroll needs.

What do you dislike?

was bit tricky as a new user to know what to do. the webinar was helpful but was very quick.

I can finally be my own accountant. Dennis Wong was an amazing help as a beginner Rise user. Dennis went above and beyond in helping me set up my profile and payroll options, and was patient in answering all my questions. Dennis was thoughtful with advice and recommendations - taking the time to understand my business in order to find best options for me. I appreciate all of the help.

Rise review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Rise is useful, well-priced, but with a bit of a learning curve"

What do you like best?

At the end of the day, Rise solves a problem and allows us to do our payroll quickly and without much hassle. We're grateful we found Rise, and we'll certainly be sticking with them for the foreseeable future, as they're solving a real problem we had.

What do you dislike?

Rise's system is a bit complicated, which is unavoidable to some degree when doing something complex like payroll, so there's a learning curve involved. That said, Rise does a good job of walking you through the process in length.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rise is our first payroll solution, and it's solved our problems well. I can't compare it to another competing system, but I do know that the pricing (free under a certain number of employees) is quite compelling, and is unlike most of the other vendors we considered.

Our payroll was not organized prior to using Rise, and Rise has fixed that – it's really been a game-changer on that front.

Rise review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Not a very helpful payroll software"

What do you like best?

The setup for new employees is simple. The helpline (online and by phone) is very friendly and helpful when it comes to asking for help.

What do you dislike?

I have ran into various issues when Rise is giving us wrong information on certain payroll treatments. I would expect Rise to provide us with payroll support, including how to calculate vacation pay etc. There are times when I feel like I had to do the research on my side and then educate Rise on how to put the calculation together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

May need to have a HR specialist in the office as I wouldn't recommend relying on Rise fully on payroll issues and treatments.

We are a growing fintech company and expanding very quickly. There are constant changes in the company and therefore we are always in contact with Rise to change the way we build departments. There are certain reports that we have used that enables us to calculate FTE.

Rise review by Sandeep K.
Sandeep K.

"Cloud-based, lightweight Payroll service - It Just Works!"

What do you like best?

I like the easy data input, which resembles a spreadsheet style layout (great for finance folks!), the system is easy enough to use (simple logics, easy formulas for new codes), I also like the email statement delivery (better than paper statement of earnings or logging into other services, or even the website itself to get statements), and I also like the ease of reporting - I can easily design reports or request help, and their team is friendly and easy to work with, should I have any requests.

I also love their fee structure. It's simple without all the nickel and diming that is so prevalent with other providers.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to gripe about. I wish it was simple enough to get the regular journal entries for our payroll without bugging their team all the time for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very straight forward product with simple data entry all on one page, and everything is laid out in a logical manner that makes it easy to use.

The problem was having confusing platforms that had steep learning curves, having to distribute paper copies of statement of earnings (or having employees having to login to other sites to retrieve statements), and getting rid of per-service pricing, which was difficult to predict and confusing to understand (e.g. cost to do a one-off pay run, cost to prepare year-end docs, costs to run terminations, etc.).

Rise review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Over promises, under delivers"

What do you like best?

Better than manual process. Even with its clunky interface, Rise still saves time over using PDOCs.

What do you dislike?

Clunky interface, disinterested support. I've put in tickets and made feature requests that haven't been implemented in years. I get a notification at midnight right before payroll data is due at 10am. If I'm asleep before I get the notification, I have to rush in the morning to get it done. I can view my payroll reporting schedule in Rise, but can't export it into my calendar so that I get earlier notifications. I've suggested/requested letting the user specify when they get the notification and calendar export but after asking for it for a year and a half, I don't expect it to happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of other options out there for payroll right now. I think Rise has refocused. You should consider other options. The main reason we're still with them is inertia and the challenge of moving to a new system mid-year.

Time spent doing manual payroll.

Rise review by Jenny T.
Jenny T.

"Good functionality, but poor integration"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use with capability to add new users and custom pay types and pay periods. There is flexibility and is a stable product. A bit user unfriendly in some ways including the need to manually enable email notifications for each employee. Biggest downside is that there is no direct integration to QBO or Xero despite the fact that this was a selling feature during the sales process. All things considered though, it's a good product on the market given the price.

What do you dislike?

It does not directly integrate with QBO or Xero.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Onboarding team is great, particularly Bhuvi who is always there to fix any issues. Software is glitchy but does the job.

Does not have a good accountant portal and clients must sign up on their own.

Automatic email notification to employees, which is not available in QBO.

Rise review by Yuzo N.
Yuzo N.

"Great software, and amazing customer support"

What do you like best?

From the sales demo, to the onboarding, everything went amazingly smooth and seamlessly. Moving payroll over to another company would seem daunting; however, not with Rise's amazing onboarding. Hub/Time Off is super easy to use and requires little, if any change management. Rise's payroll system is a lot more modern than ADP's.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. We had some early requests into adding "Days in lieu" and it has already been completed and is read to roll out.

More accurate T4 reporting within payroll. A better pay stub distribution system. No more errors in vacation day tracking in an Excel spreadsheet. In short, saves us time, and therefore, money.

Rise review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"RISE is super useful but as with all things, could use some tweaks."

What do you like best?

It is fairly intuitive. I like the design of it and everything is clearly labeled and easy to find. I appreciate the option to chat with a rep and always having my calls answered.

I really like the option of creating reports within the time off hub for policies used.

What do you dislike?

There are some options that I feel are missing. I would like to be able to see time off accrued as well as the total time. For our organization, this would be extremely useful.

Also, I get an error message frequently. I wish I was able to toggle between payroll and the other hub. Instead of logging in to each platform.

It has created an organized way of booking and tracking time off, and allows

It is simple for Staff to use to request time off.

Rise review by Tanya G.
Tanya G.

"Outstanding Product with Exceptional Service"

What do you like best?

The easy-of-use and reporting features are outstanding. I have had the experience of working with various other service providers in my payroll profession and have found no other platform that is this user friendly. The Rise team is always there to assist with reporting needs, compliance questions and takes a tremendous amount of pride in building a relationship with their clients.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike most is the use of the utility that is used to import data from our timekeeping software. However I will say Rise is currently working diligently to improve this process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth doing the research and comparison

The business problems we have solved by using Rise that has assisted us greatly is the real-time reporting , journal entries. The overall benefit by making this move has been a savings in time and overall costs for processing payrolls.

Rise review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Happy Customer - Flexible System with Stellar Support Team"

What do you like best?

Rise have an incredibly easy to use interface that minimizes the possibility of inputting errors (especially when compared to our previous provider). We have control over our payroll and can make changes in the blink of an eye. If we ever have a question Rise are only a phone call or live chat away. When we do need to call them, Rise have the friendliest, most helpful support team I have encountered and best of all the call is always answered promptly without having to wait on hold for a rep.

As a medical clinic we have many different and complicated payroll rules. Rise worked with us to make sure that the system was set up exactly the way we needed it making it easy for our staff to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say about Rise.

Where our previous payroll could only be processed from one computer we now have the flexibility to work on payroll from any computer that has an internet connection meaning it's a lot easier for us to review payroll and make any necessary changes necessary before processing payment.

Rise is by far the most flexible system we've found, allowing us to make changes from an organisational to an employee level with ease.

Rise is also cheaper than the competition so in addition to time savings due to the easier workflow we are saving on the cost for the service compared to our previous provider.

Rise review by Kyle N.
Kyle N.

"Great Customer Service - Extremely Pleased"

What do you like best?

The customer service is extremely thoughtful, they are very helpful with any questions we have.

The sales process was painless, and I find the communication to always be high level and important. What sets RISE apart is they actually care about building value for your organization, and solving issues.

Inputting is a breeze, and integrates with our Punch Clock systems - simple export a CSV, and import it into a XLS and it just works.

A+

What do you dislike?

The portal for the employees could be offered and included with the base fee, but it's not a missing feature, just something that is a "would be nice!".

Solving accuracy, timely, attentive payroll services.

Solving ballooned costs from similar providers.

Solving employee anger over improper, or inflexible payroll services.

Rise review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"PaySavvy makes everything easier"

What do you like best?

PaySavvy uses a modern interface that works on computer, tablet, phone or any device that can connect to the net. That isn't the best thing though... the best thing is the people and how quickly they help you with whatever issue you are having.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few bugs and a few misfired emails but the team at PaySavvy has worked to fix them very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch. You won't regret it. You have no idea how much better it is!

PaySavvy makes my payroll, ROEs and T4s super simple. My time is spent doing my job rather than trying to get a program from the 90s to run on Internet Explorer... like I used to have to do before PaySavvy.

Rise review by Renee F.
Renee F.

"Great Service "

What do you like best?

Rise offers free service to small businesses that have only a few employees. Admittedly, we feared that "free service" may mean "free of service". That is not the case. We receive full support, and feel very well cared for.

What do you dislike?

Not having direct experience with other payroll service providers, I don't have benchmarks for comparison. We found some of the on-boarding experience to be a little tricky, but nothing insurmountable.

We did not hire HR and Payroll during the start-up phase of our company. Rise eliminated much of the work of payroll, like calculating deductions and tax filing, allowing the directors to focus on tasks related to growing the company instead.

Rise review by Barb A.
Barb A.

"Great payroll solution for our fast growing company!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. We didn't have a payroll system in place prior to Paysavvy. The implementation team made it easy to get set-up correctly for employees in various locations across Canada. It's flexible for hourly, salaried and contract employees and allows for a lot of customization. Once set-up, you can just go about your business an not have to think about payroll. Just log in every couple of weeks to approve or make any adjustments. Also, adding new employees is easy and the Paysavvy team is highly responsive to any questions.

What do you dislike?

Requirements during the implementation. As we didn't have anything in place, there is a time commitment, data collection and timelines to follow. This isn't something avoidable, and something to be expected when adding any new system/vendor, but the part of the process I enjoyed the least.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution that I highly recommend!

Peace of mind. Knowing that employees will be paid on time with all appropriate deductions based on employment type and province.

Rise review by Pam M.
Pam M.

"Rise feedback"

What do you like best?

I like being able to quickly review a pay statement, and how easy it is to process an Ad-hoc pay run. Easy electronic pay statement delivery.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to upload mass salary changes. Having to update each instruction, and wait for it to process, before proceeding to the next instruction. It would be great to be able to update three instructions, and then save the input sheet.

Ad-hoc payrolls have cut down on the number of people involved, and the time it had been taking, to process one. It can now be done in less than 15 minutes.

Rise review by Administrator

"Great Customer Service - Saves Time."

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to put in payroll numbers for my employees. I can add or delete employees in a snap. Our company uses commissions as well and i have a separate column for that, which makes it more clear to read. The software is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it is a longer process to change the payroll date and the 3 days wait period which doesn't include weekends.

much time is saved through rise as i do not need to file anything and all reports are easily accessible

Rise review by Steve F.
Steve F.

"The software is simple and user friendly."

What do you like best?

The software is simple and user friendly. The team at Rise is always available to provide knowledgeable service.

What do you dislike?

nothing about the product to dislike as it was built with the user in mind

We required a low cost and efficient payroll provider and Rise met those requirements.

Rise review by User in Financial Services

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use once you figure out the system. It took the guess work out of paying employees, everything is automated.

What do you dislike?

Not so user friendly at first, I had to call in a few times to get the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn how the software works. Call customer support, they are very easy to deal with. Once you have it all set up it's a breeze.

Saving time, paying employees and taxes was always trouble for me.

Rise review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Easy to setup. Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple intuitive interface. Takes 5 min every for every payroll. Easy to add employees.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have an option to automate the payroll without having to go in every 2 weeks. Could just be an email that alerts me about the payroll and the details and a button for confirm. That way I only have to into the system when there are changes to my payroll

I don't need to hire a payroll administrator so I can do it myself.

Rise review by Gabriel L.
Gabriel L.

"Flexible payroll system "

What do you like best?

The user interface is clean and easy to use. The reporting is extremely flexible and relatively easy to setup. The staff are knowledgeable and really easy to start chatting with on any page of the website. Implementation

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a bit of a transition going on from external applications to in house development. This has lead to a slow process for implementing POT and human resource module. They promise me the new applications will be worth the wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the need to expense employees over complicated allocations, the reporting is really good.

We've saved $4,000 a Year in doing the payroll in house vs. External payroll consultant, as well as a lower annual fee than simply accounting. I would say it also saves 10 hours / month of staff time.

Rise review by Administrator in Political Organization
Administrator in Political Organization

"Great services for small businesses"

What do you like best?

We switched over from ADP which didn't fit well with the size of our organization. Rise was a valuable switch as our payroll provider for the level of flexibility and control that you receive. Level of customer service and response time was not compromised and we are really happy with the service for our needs overall.

What do you dislike?

Nothing too much - would like to be able to solve our timesheet problems with it but wasn't yet ready to use.

Payroll processing and administration

Rise review by Consultant in Food & Beverages
Consultant in Food & Beverages

"Not a happy Customer "

What do you like best?

Most staff are very polite and try to assist the best they can.

What do you dislike?

-web portal is very slow -inputting a nightmare , as a customer I am doing most of the work -no bill payment option for TD bank -no easy way to query monthly data for P&L reporting on accurate labour numbers -Vancouver time useless for customer service for clients in Toronto -pay is delay and sometimes does not hit employee accounts - 3 day processing -apparently we had a few issues when franchising a store and as franchisor I was removed from automatic debit ???

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you compare pricing and web portal functions. Adp and ceridian are the top players in the payroll market and are much cheaper . Auto debit and bill payment function with all major canadian financial institutions is a must ! No recourse if a mistake is made on debit instructions .. No ownership or willingness to work with growing client that has 6 profiles with paysavvy . I will be moving my expanding business to a payroll service provider that is willing to work with our expansion

No Benefits very expensive over 230 $ per pay run for 10 employees - better off using ceridian .. I have spoken to owner and voiced my concerns - unfortunately paysavvy is a small outfit that can't compete on pricing or customer support the we portal is very slow and not user friendly - I am not convinced that this company handle large franchisors .. At their price point they need to think of making the system easy and take more of an accounting role per months .. Ceridian 90$ vs paysavvy 230$ Not contest

Rise review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Paysavvy makes payroll easy!"

What do you like best?

There are so many things I love about paysavvy. The interface is so user friendly. Any payroll and employee information (past or present) is at your fingertips.

However, I think what I like best about Paysavvy is the support that paysavvy offers. It is AMAZING! Support is very quick to answer questions and they are all payroll experts;) Everyone is friendly and professional. I have had a couple of occasions when I realized that I needed to change a payrun after it was sent in. The support staff at Paysavvy were incredibly helpful in changing the payrun and making sure it still went out on time. If there is something with a payrun that is unusual, a paysavvy support member will call me to confirm before processing the payrun.

Payroll used to be a stressful task for me, now it is completely stress free!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about pasavvy that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will never be sorry you switched to Paysavvy.

Paysavvy has streamlined payroll for us as a company. It has saved time that would have been spent on processing payroll that now can be put into other areas. Especially helpful has been the JE utility created for payroll. Payroll can be imported into our accounting software quickly and easily using this utility. It also allows the flexibility to look at payroll in different ways by manipulating numbers according to different filters.

Rise review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Best Client Service"

What do you like best?

Super-fast response, always ready to help, extremely knowledgable staff, very affordable service

What do you dislike?

nothing- Top notch service provided by Rise

Recommendations to others considering the product

After researching 4 other major payroll providers, I not only settled for Rise because of their affordable rates, I continue to recommend friends to use Rise as it's ease-of-use and support is beyond comparison.

Payroll, and how easy it is to process expenses and payroll on a regular basis.

Rise review by Leslie C.
Leslie C.

"Want to look forward to payroll? Use Paysavvy"

What do you like best?

PaysSavvy breaks the typical mould of antiquated user interfaces and complicated menu features with its payroll. Everything is straight forward and easy to find, or even if it isn't, there's a handy CS rep waiting in a chat window at the bottom of the screen. I have never enjoyed payroll, especially when problems or special cases come up. Working with PaySavvy has left me with immense confidence in our payroll, and I even look forward to chatting with their CS team, when in the past with tho "other" guys I've dreaded to automated calling, queueing, and under trained staff.

What do you dislike?

Currently there is a manual process for processing payroll in a small jurisdiction. If I could change one thing, I would love to be able to automate this, but I know it is a top priority for PaySavvy and they are working on it. Even still, they CS team makes the experience of these manual adjustment s not only palatable, but extremely easy for our payroll processing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to them, ask the hard questins and they will surprise you every time. If you have EVER dealt with the "big guys" in payroll, you know what waiting on hold during T4 time and adjustment advice can feel like. This expereince is the exact opposite. I HIGHLY recommend PaySavvy to my network of HR professionals. They simply are easy to use, with a friendly interface and world class support.

Payroll is easy now. It really is. Not that our payroll is overly complex, but the main issue that has been solved, in my opinion, is confidence in knowing the right answer is a chat session or phone call away. Even if I don't know the answer, or they may not know, they will find a CS rep or team member who does. Not one question, no matter how obscure or bizarre (even if it's only mildly related to payroll) has gone unanswered when directed to PaySavvy

Rise review by Chelsea W.
Chelsea W.

"A huge improvement from my previous payroll provider"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about PaySavvy is the instant online chat where I can ask my questions and concerns as they arise. I have never been put on hold by a PaySavvy service member whether it's been on the phone or in an online chat. The people who help are knowledgeable about the product. They are capable of solving the issues themselves and don't need to make successive transfers to other people in order to solve my problem. The person that answers the phone or chat call fixes the issue. There are no hidden costs. If I miss my pay run date they notify me by email and call me that same day to let me know that it will be processed one day late. They don't charge me $1`00 for a late fee. I have had support on a wide range of issues and I have always been satisfied with the response and the follow up if necessary.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike about this service so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended PaySavvy to my collegues simply because of their customer service, attitude and willingness to help.

I am using paysavvy to solve my payroll and end of the year T4 burdens. I have more time to do other things and I don't need to worry about remittances or ridiculous penalizing fees as with some other payroll providers.

Rise review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"Rise Review"

What do you like best?

Customer Service. Ease of use to track and approve

What do you dislike?

nothing yet. We just started using Rise

Payroll automation.

Rise review by Jana M.
Jana M.

"Makes life easier!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive dashboards. Support staff is thorough, prompt and pro-active. The benefits administration is the best feature.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't integrate with Google calendar or iCal

Time off is put in the hands of the employees. They have the ability to see for themselves how much time they have remaining for vacation and remote days.

Rise review by Executive Sponsor in Civil Engineering
Executive Sponsor in Civil Engineering

"HR Director"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the system. Implementation was easy, didn't take a tonne of our time, and went relatively smoothly. Liked the simplicity of reporting system and of the time off planner. Employees found it easy to book time and see balances.

What do you dislike?

Were unable to deliver on accurate taxation, submissions and RL-1's for the province of Quebec. We had their largest group ever in Quebec and they weren't ready for us. They are constantly improving which is something very good, but when we started, they weren't ready for Quebec.

We are leaving Rise

Rise review by Tony G.
Tony G.

"You should seriously consider switching to Rise"

What do you like best?

I like everything about Rise from the employee set up, payroll input and final reports. It's easy to navigate through the menus, the menus make sense and the reports look great.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to find one thing I dislike about PaySavvy. I should have switched sooner and I recommend if you're unhappy with your current payroll provider you should look at PaySavvy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a serious look at PaySavvy.

My previous payroll provider had long wait times, their system was hard to use and their reports looked awful. Now I get answers quickly, payroll processing quick and easy and my reports look great.

Rise review by Administrator in Architecture & Planning
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"To the point. Efficient. Easy."

What do you like best?

I like the spreadsheet method they employ to input payroll values. It is quick, easy, and leaves very little room for error. Their website and online tools are modern, up to date, and user friendly. Also, they handle my inquiries and needs with diligence and simple solutions.

What do you dislike?

At this point in time, I cannot think of anything I dislike. They are a huge improvement from my old payroll provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A fast service for a good price. I rarely encounter problems. I am quite satisfied with them

Basically prior to using pay savvy, I had issues with convenience and time. The whole process for payroll is just quicker. Everything is laid out in front of you. I also appreciate the availability of the staff. Not once in my 2 years of using pay savvy have I been put on hold.

Rise review by John L.
John L.

"A complete solution to your payroll "

What do you like best?

Likes:

- Cloud based that works on Tablets, Mobile phones and PC's

- User friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate throughout the application

- Quick responses by Customer service with solutions to all our problems

- Quick and easy payroll and this saves me time to do other tasks

What do you dislike?

Dislike: None .. Zero .. NIL

Seriously, if i ever come across something i dislike, ill update this review immediately

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support, Great solution that covers all your HR, payroll and Attendance.

As with any business its always about time management and cost effectiveness.

Our previous payroll processes was costing us both time and money but this has helped alot. Everyone is happy from the executives to the employees

Rise review by Jason R. M.
Jason R. M.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

First of all, the speed at which I can complete our payroll. I save at least an hour per pay period. Second, is the ease of creating Record of Employment documents, even if you have to import data from earlier years or under old systems. Finally, the HelpDesk is absolutely brilliant. Haven't found an issue they can't solve quickly and with a friendly attitude.

What do you dislike?

Some setup screens have quite a few pages to scroll through and the input information could be a little better organized, but overall its not a major problem once you get used to the system.

Reduction in costs, both in time savings and directly through the rates.

Rise review by Tracey W.
Tracey W.

"Fantastic Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the immediate web chat, if I have an issue it is nice that I can talk to someone immediately instead of having to wait for a return email. Each employee I have had to deal with has handled every situation with prompt care, attention and professionalism. I highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a very effective payroll company.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike with the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy system to use, and you always have someone to help along the way.

Cost Reductions. This has saved time and money by using this system

Rise review by Priti P.
Priti P.

"Great Platform for Payroll"

What do you like best?

Staff was co-operative

Software is user friendly and easy to understand

Easily access from everywhere.

What do you dislike?

I don't like to create a schedule every week.

We can tract Every hourly employees hours easily.

Rise review by Stephen L.
Stephen L.

"Paysavvy sets the standard in customer support"

What do you like best?

Being in the customer service business, Paysavvy sets the standard for excellence in customer service!! From sales to implementation to ongoing support they are eager to please, knowing who is calling them before you say hello, attentive and always available even in Eastern Standard Time - a pleasure to work with. We made the right choice in this choice of our supplier for payroll administration.

What do you dislike?

Nothing.

Direct deposit payroll and reporting. I can do payroll from anywhere in the world.

Rise review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Amazing Customer Service Response "

What do you like best?

All agents are kind, courteous, quick on their responses and extremely knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

Not rise issue, but we can not import our timesheet software directly into Rise.

Payroll. Super easy to use

Rise review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"CFO"

What do you like best?

I enjoy Pay Savvy's online platform for recording pay, looking up payroll records, and online reporting for employees. The system is robust and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Setting the payroll up from the prior provider took some time, but that was a one time investment, once on the platform it has been extremely fast and reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Powerful online system

- local company with local support

- easy to deal with, great staff!

We have reduced our administration through online employee access for tracking employee sick days and vacations. Our staff enjoy the online function, and reduces questions and issues to our payroll department.

Rise review by Kim B.
Kim B.

"Pay Savvy improved our overall payroll accuracy 1000%."

What do you like best?

Customer service has been outstanding since we began our journey with Pay Savvy. I was able to provide my employees with more detail and accuracy with each pay run.

What do you dislike?

Due to the difficult nature of our payroll I have come across a few glitches that I wasn't expecting during the yearend process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Pay Savvy to any company.

We now have the ability to run useful reports at any given time from the system. Payroll is typically done accurately and at a much reduced cost to our previous provider.

Rise review by User

"Started off well, and then a period of very poor response, but things have improved now"

What do you like best?

Ease of using the system, setting up employees, making changes etc.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't communicate with Mac environment well. Support response times are better now, but have not always been good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get hands on as quickly as you can. Definitely intuitive once you get going

Much easier to get reports on payroll costs, etc. as well as journal information to enter into our accounting

Rise review by Brooke Z.
Brooke Z.

"Payroll made easy."

What do you like best?

PaySavvy’s customer service is always very professional and responsive. Any issues I have encountered are resolved in a timely manner. With the online instant chat there is always someone readily available to assist you when needed. The website is user friendly, which helps make payroll easy to administer.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to come across something I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A reliable payroll service that's easy to use with excellent customer service.

We engaged the services of a payroll provider to streamline the payroll process, which PaySavvy’s system has accomplished.

Rise review by Sandra C.
Sandra C.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use

Excellent service

So much better than the other options

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing we dislike

The best

Simple payroll processing

Rise review by Derek W.
Derek W.

"I've worked with Rise for over 2 years"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the good customer service

What do you dislike?

Some of the aspects of payroll aren't user friendly

How much time I'm saving doing payroll

Rise review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"SuperChefs Cookery for Kids & Rise"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see staff's contact information and I like the ability to upload files to the platform for staff to access.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot upload files unless you are an admin.

Rise helped us monitor staff log ins and helped show if they were able to sign in/out when they were supposed to.

Rise review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Rise has been a reliable, easy to use payroll system."

What do you like best?

Ease of use for payroll & quick/responsive support.

What do you dislike?

Issues with importing our payroll information still unresolved.

Payroll solution.

Rise review by Administrator in Computer Software

"The product is easy and great to use."

What do you like best?

The product is online access and can use anywhere. It is easy to process any payroll changes. The support team is always online and response quick. The reports are clear and can be download and print out easily. It is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Our company has US office and employees. I think PaySavvy should think provide US payroll service in the future.

We want to find an easy to use product and improve payroll process. The PaySavvy product meet our needs.

Rise review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Easy to use and great support team"

What do you like best?

The support team was helpful and knowledgable. I like the online chat function.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are not easy to use like cannot filter multiple employees in the input sheet.

More user friendly than other payroll providers, and saves time to process payroll.

Rise review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"VP, Sales"

What do you like best?

How easy everything is to use and the service

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. We have had a great experience so far

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. This is a great platform.

Payroll is easy and so is seeing all the data from it.

Learning about Rise?

* We monitor all Rise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.