1. The ability to drag and drop items around in the timeline/swim-lane views - especially the way to drag fields up and down
2. The ability to create items in the timeline/swim-lane views and drag them into specific places on the visualization
Given its a paid product with a medium price point (not cheap), a few key features are missing.
1. There is no way to put in dependencies between items. This above all is just very surprising in a paid roadmap product So good luck moving the roadmap items because there is no way to know what depends on it - and can't be accounted for
2. For the "lanes" or fields shown as rows in the visualization, says (the lanes in the swim-lanes), these lanes
cannot have sub-lanes. So if I have a "Digital Marketing" lane, I cannot show sub-lanes for "Marketing Automation", "Website", etc. User is forced to create a flat list of lanes. Doesn't really map to how PMs think.
3. For creating items with dates, it is difficult - because when creating items in the visual view, it doesn't give date fields - and it doesn't give change-able number-of-days either. There are options to toggle between predefined number of days (like 7, 14, 30,90). This is cumbersome as it now requires user to drop in items, then go to the items list view and change dates one by one. Very cumbersome.
4. There seems to be an odd relationship between collaborators and cancelling your plan. If you want to delete your subscription, you have to go remove yourself as a collaborator. Very puzzling - added to the fact that there is on explicit Cancel button. You have to change the number of users field to "0" and then try and update the plan - hopefully that works to cancel when I try it.
5. Can only export to a URL (not an image or html file) with the starter plan. Not a fan given the starter plan costs $25 per user per month. But its a product decision - I don't have to buy it if I can't live with that. Hence cancelling soon.
The intent was to use it to create and then maintain my technical and product roadmap - and always keep it updated so I am aware of progress towards our long term (12-24 month) goals and to be able to share visualizations of different facets of the roadmap to different stakeholders - investors, potential investors, customers, internal teams.