I've been in the IT business for 30 years and I have used a lot of applications to say the least. Roboform has become one of those tools that I can't live without. Roboform spans my professional and consumer requirements and bridges the gap that exits between the two worlds. I couldn't tell you how often I use Roboform throughout the day because it is as common for me to use as walking. Its worth mentioning, on the rare occasion that I had to use Roboform support they were responsive and solved my problem immediately.
Some of what I like best about Roboform is its reliability, flexibility, ease of use, integration, features, and value:
- Reliability: It just works, always, period.
- Flexibility: For professional use, I use Roboform to keep track of the 100's of passwords and my corporate credentials. I can't remember the last time I had to call support for help in regard to anything that has to do with information that is unique to me that I am required to have. For reference I work for a large global manufacturer with over 60k employees, we have a lot of systems. For consumer use, I share my Roboform account with my wife so we both have access to joint accounts, family information, software licensing, passport info, you name it. We have a standard naming system and it works flawlessly for us. We have been using Roboform for at least 5 years and it's never failed us. We have nearly 1,000 records and I couldn't imagine how we would keep track of this information any other way.
- Ease of Use: Roboform has worked so well for me that I purchased accounts for my 2 children when they were old enough to start using computers. Both are teens now and they use it, if it wasn't simple they wouldn't use it. Need I say more?
- Integration: Works flawlessly with Chrome, IE, Safari, apps, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone. Its cloud based with a local cache, its always available for anything I need it for.
- Features: I love Roboform's layout and functionality. I love that it asks me for passwords, has a flexible password generator, has the ability to create custom forms, and lets me keep my personal information neatly categorized and accessible. Search works flawlessly as it should, I am always surprised when search doesn't work in a particular tool, not the case with Roboform, it just works.
- Value: I think Roboform is fairly priced for the value I receive. I have no problem paying my subscription, and I don't particularly care for subscriptions but this one is a no brainer.
If I had to pick on one thing that doesn't live up to the spectacular performance of the tool on general I would have to say that Mac integration isn't as good as Windows, Windows Phone, and Android. Roboform works on Mac and with Safari, and iOS but its not as feature rich and there is a little more manual interaction than with the other platforms. This said it works fine, just could use a little more attention and automation. I use all of these platforms interchangeably, they all do something a little better than the other and I enjoy using the best platform for the task at hand. My primary platforms are Mac running windows on VMware, and iPhone.
I think I have described the business benefits I have solved and benefits I have realized throughout my review. To summarize:
- Quick access to required information that is needed to do my job
- Seamless integration with every platform in my world
- Beneficial to me, regardless of my requirment being a business or consumer requirement, I have both