Rock RMS

A free, open source Relationship Management System built for churches and businesses.

Work for Rock RMS?

Learning about Rock RMS?

Rock RMS Reviews

Ask Rock RMS a Question
Showing 9 Rock RMS reviews
Rock RMS review by <span>Amber M.</span>
Amber M.

"Love this software"

What do you like best?

I love that it's open source so it is always updating and you don't have to purchase new software every few years and it stays relevant. I also LOVE that it is mobile friendly so if I'm away from my computer I can hop on my phone or tablet and get the info or work done that I need. It also seems to be more user friendly than our old software and we've received positive feedback since we've switched.

What do you dislike?

Some of the updates change things that we've set into place and we have to go back and change them back. I've learned to download the release notes & technical notes and highlight what would affect us so we know what we need to switch back after the updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a great community of support from other users and they do a wonderful job helping you troubleshoot any problems.

We are doing on-line registrations and that has been a huge help because now we don't have to keep track of paper forms, checks, or cash. We also are having great luck with the communication feature and being able to send e-mails or texts to certain groups of people all at the same time, yet make the e-mails feel personal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rock RMS
Rock RMS review by <span>Garrett J.</span>
Garrett J.

"The Future of Church Management"

What do you like best?

Rock's fast pace of development and great underlying database architecture make it a pleasure to use and develop for. The database architecture allows us to get almost any type of data you could want into, and out of Rock ease. We've been able to customize groups, contributions, event registration, and communications tools to meet our needs.

The best part of Rock is it's open source and it's community supported. Instead of being owned by a venture capital firm, Rock's development is spearheaded by a non-profit and support is provided through the community and an ecosystem of vendors. So you can hire (and fire) your support without leaving Rock!

Even without a support vendor we're able to rely on the community to get questions answered on the forums or in the Slack. The other churches using Rock are what make the product truly shine. Best practices and product features aren't dictated by a vendor from on high... they're from people actually doing ministry and working with Rock every day.

What do you dislike?

Getting data from our old church management software vendor was a pain; and it made migration and training difficult. (Since we moved to Rock they've improved tools to help get data from other ChMS systems!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive into the community to get the most out of Rock! If you've got questions the ask Rock section on rockrms.com and the slack community are an incredible help. Anytime I've had a question I'm able to get answers from the community almost immediately.

We moved to Rock to us solve problems with Children's ministry checkin. Without Rock's extensive flexibility in checkin with room balancing and configuration we wouldn't have been able to utilize our facilities to their full effect.

What Church Management solution do you use?

Rock RMS review by <span>Amber M.</span>
Amber M.

"Great relationship management system for our church "

What do you like best?

I love that the software is always updating and it has the ability to link people together so you can show their relationships (parents/adult children, aunts/nieces, etc). I also am a huge fan of the community and the slack channel for help when needed.

What do you dislike?

I’ve ran into a few issues and no one was able to help resolve the problem. Also there’s some things I’d think would be natural for the software to do but it doesn’t. However, there is usually work around and using lava or sql I’ve been able to solve most of those issues.

We’ve been able to link people together and show their relationships. It’s helped us track attendance and the online registration tools have been a huge help and time saver. It’s also helped us secure our child checkin process.

Rock RMS review by <span>Jay L G.</span>
Jay L G.

"Amazing software"

What do you like best?

I've been using Rock RMS (Rock for short) for several months now and am amazed at the flexibility and ease of use in such a powerful platform. The ability to have all of the required ministry tools in one place is priceless. I also love how they keep adding new features and have a simple update/upgrade feature that doesn't require downloading or uploading new files, they are handled via the Rock Update service a "one-click" update.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not been able to find anything I don't like. If there is something I can't find the community is great about helping resolve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a church management solution that is both modern and easy to use Rock RMS is the answer.

Rock RMS simplifies church management and assimilation processes.

Rock RMS review by <span>Michael F.</span>
Michael F.

"The most flexible Church Management software available"

What do you like best?

Rock is open source and is absolutely free to use. With the right person on your team, you can get Rock to do absolutely anything you would like a software like this to do. It covers contribution management, has a built in email/text service, offers child check-in, and much more. Would you like a badge on a person's profile clearly indicating that they are in a small group? No problem. How about a series of automated emails to someone new to your ministry? Done. It really is quite impressive.

What do you dislike?

While Rock offers many standard features out of the box, trying to set up some of the custom features is an exercise in madness if you don't have someone on staff with some programming skills. A lot of the advanced features (custom badges, intricate workflows, etc) require a lot of work on the front-end. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time before launch to make sure everything is set up correctly. Also, it Rock needs to be hosted somewhere. So you'll either need a server to self-host, or you'll have to hire a company to host it for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be a good idea to contact a company like RMR Development to set things up for your ministry. We did not hire them but had good conversations with them and weren't upset with their fees. We simply chose to have our tech guy give it a shot instead. But looking back, it required a lot of time from him to get it going.

Rock has allowed us to pull all of our information into one location. It's our member directory, our contribution manager, our primary communication tool, our check-in and attendance tool, and much more. Many of our everyday questions of who, what, when, and where are all answered the same way: "Look in Rock."

Rock RMS review by <span>Kurt D.</span>
Kurt D.

"All things Rock"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Browser based that will work on both Mac, PC, Chromebook equally. The product is customize to suite our needs. Advanced customization can be done in C. There are several consulting companies that will customize or help with the install and building workflows. Great user community.

What do you dislike?

Some advanced customization requires an application developer/tester on staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan your process of roll out. Test Test Test.

With everyone able to use the system from any platform we have found our data quality has gone up. We are making real decisions based on analytics. People don't complain about the database anymore, instead they ask how we can create new workflows.

Rock RMS review by <span>Tiffany W.</span>
Tiffany W.

"Rock RMS Review"

What do you like best?

I love having the information I need right at my fingertips so I can more easily contact/communicate with people in the ministry when need be.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can seem convoluted with the number of tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the ins and outs of the software, it’s helpful when you know it.

There’s some overlap with information here and there.

Rock RMS review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"great software"

What do you like best?

Rock RMS is very user friendly and easy to familiarize oneself with.

What do you dislike?

I have not encountered any features that I dislike with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this software! It is easy to learn how to use and streamlines the database process.

We are a church and this software has streamlined database management across multiple locations and allowed us to manage many different groups of people.

Rock RMS review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Confusing at start but very helpful "

What do you like best?

The ability to have a software the inbtergrates check in and church management together

What do you dislike?

Very hard to set up the interface take a lot to learn, and training is very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other churches that use it for support

church management and check in software

Learning about Rock RMS?

* We monitor all Rock RMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.