Rocket Matter

3.8

Rocket Matter is a cloud based practice management system for small and mid-sized law firms. Rocket Matter offers a complete legal software trusted by law firms to run their practice and improve their bottom line.

Work for Rocket Matter?

Learning about Rocket Matter?

Rocket Matter Reviews

Ask Rocket Matter a Question
Showing 10 Rocket Matter reviews
Rocket Matter review by Shannon B.
Shannon B.

"A great way to keep an organized, trackable, and accessible billing history for clients"

What do you like best?

It's easy to collaborate and share information with other users. It also makes keeping client notes organized and updated simple. There are plenty of customization options available for invoice templates, and it makes billing and managing client payments simple and streamlined.

What do you dislike?

I wish the matter report options were more comprehensive. I would have liked to have lists such as 'All clients with trust funds available' or 'all clients with negative balances'. The notes function could also be more dynamic. It is frustrating to have to read through a long note when there are no formatting options to make text more visually palatable. But I suppose there are ways to make shorter notes to make information more digestible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the tutorials. Create a test matter and test client to try out the functions with. Simulating actual situations you have or assume you will encounter will be the best way to learn how Rocket Matter can best serve you.

Client billing history is easily accessible and easy to update whether the physical folder is available or not. A client's more recent billing data is always available to be printed and sent when needed as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rocket Matter
Rocket Matter review by Administrator

"Great product, AWFUL application for mobile devices"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using this product; it offers all that I need to effectively manage my practice. This is a great software program with good value for small and medium sized practices. The software is outstanding for downloading and integrating with other programs. It is good for analyzing your business but not as good for managing cases.

What do you dislike?

AWFUL mobile app. They have had bad reviews for some time now and have not fixed it timely. It is a major issue. A lawyers calendar needs to be current across mobile devices and this takes sometimes over a week to sync. NOT an exaggeration. Sorely disappointed. Rocket Matter claims to integrate with Box, Dropbox, and Evernote and includes iPhone, Droid, & iPad mobile editions, but does not really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of the application, which has bad reviews across the board. Be informed. It is a good software but you must beware of its limitations.

The benefits are great. management software and time & billing software that helps firms boost their revenues and run a better practice. The benefits are the same you would expect of any good management software. It is very basic, so I would not say it is solving any problems. More, filling a need that could be filled maybe better by a management software with a better application to sync across devices.

What Legal Practice Management solution do you use?

Rocket Matter review by Administrator

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I appreciated the ease of use with Rocket Matter. It was nice to be able to connect the calendars and color code them for everyone in the office.

What do you dislike?

I did not have any specific issues with Rocket Matter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to organize your clients as well as pairing up the paralegals calendar with the attorney. It is helpful to color code your calendars as well. It was also very useful in loading client information in and connecting them to calendar appointments. It made accessing their contact information very easy.

Rocket Matter was able to solve organizational issues by providing a platform to connect calendars throughout the office. It also helped to store and input client information for easy access.

Rocket Matter review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Rocket Matter is the BEST legal case management system - Period!"

What do you like best?

Rocket Matter is easy to learn and easy to use. Attorneys don't have time to invest in learning new software, so finding a comprehensive program that is both powerful and easy to learn is tremendously important. Most people find that Rocket Matter "just works" the way you would expect it to (like Apple products). We have never had a staff member take more than a day or so to be perfectly comfortable using Rocket Matter. My firm has used it for 7 years, and we love it as much (or more) today as we did when we started using it.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to "dislike". Most of the major features are already there - bulk billing, ease of use, Gmail integration, Dropbox integration, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trust me, try Rocket Matter and you won't be disappointed. I'm The Mac Lawyer (www.TheMacLawyer.com) and I look at lots of different software products -- and I believe Rocket Matter to be the best of the bunch. In my 20 years of practicing law, I've used Rocket Matter for longer (7+ years) than any other legal software program (and I've used most of the major ones out there).

We have found that Rocket Matter makes us more productive and more profitable. We are better able to serve our clients as a result of its many features. Its ease of use results in us capturing more time, and generating invoices is so very easy. Functions like "evergreen trust accounting" make Rocket Matter stand out among its competitors, and we highly recommend it.

Rocket Matter review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Not very user friendly but it has improved our firm significantly "

What do you like best?

It has improved the way we do business and Lexpay is cheaper than what we used to do, and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like their document filing system. It isn't very user friendly and you can preview a document without downloading it onto your computer, defeating the purpose of putting things into the cloud.

Our tracking system is more streamlined, we can easily share large files with employees off site, and we are fixing a lot of issues with tracking payments that we had before.

Rocket Matter review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Rocket matter helps with invoice accuracy"

What do you like best?

I liked how Rocket Matter helped generate invoices more efficiently. I also liked that it is a web based system so I could use it on the go.

What do you dislike?

The service issues I've heard anecdotes about kept me from signing up for their service.

I didn't end up using the service because of the issues I heard about their service response time. I've heard of people waiting for an hour to get help over the phone and that is not something I could deal with.

Rocket Matter review by User in Legislative Office
User in Legislative Office

"fantastic cloud legal software"

What do you like best?

it's ease of use, quick interface, and how relatively seamless it was to move my database from my previous software to this one.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it's slow because it's cloud based. but i guess that's part of what the deal is with cloud-based software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your internet connection is pristine before switching to cut down on downtime.

law firm went live with it and loved it. said law firm was an immigration law firm.

Rocket Matter review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Rocket Matter matters"

What do you like best?

Rocket matter is very easy to use and is very effective at tracking time.

What do you dislike?

The auto-fill feature is unpredictable and it should be easier to customize the settings.

The benefits are that it is a centralized and organized time tracking software.

Rocket Matter review by User

"Rocket matter almost rocks"

What do you like best?

Good integration of tasks and billing. Syncs with google calendar.

What do you dislike?

Poor implementation of mobile until recent improvements.

Tracking client accounts along with case deadlines

Rocket Matter review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"basic program to help with client management"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use interface, good way to track time and client info

What do you dislike?

Possibly a little too basic, at least in the features I used.

We needed a service to track time and clients, check for conflicts and create billing reports

Learning about Rocket Matter?

* We monitor all Rocket Matter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.