Rollbar

Full-stack error monitoring for web & mobile apps. JS, Ruby, Python, PHP, Node, Golang, Android, iOS, more.

Work for Rollbar?

Learning about Rollbar?

Rollbar Reviews

Ask Rollbar a Question
Showing 40 Rollbar reviews
Rollbar review by Logan S.
Logan S.

"Easy to monitor error."

What do you like best?

I can get a sort notice by error type, and more to support and increase our workflow. I have the ability to use telemetry to see the timeline of fact leading up to a mistake. Also, I can overlook error trends by entry, browser, OS, position, user, and host. Great way to sort out our errors.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel any bad sides of this software. I like to work with it. I'm glad that I can take very helpful advice from support service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software you will have the opportunity to manage workflow more effective. The chance to get informed of regressions when settled errors come back again. You will see what matters in the moment. You will have better chance to diagnose and solved errors

We have a better way of checking our error, we can knoe from where they come from. Actually, it is a great solution for a productive analyze. Ability to check everything. Also, we can customize alerts inform our working team in real-time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Rollbar
Rollbar review by Chuck F.
Chuck F.

"Resolved errors in just one click."

What do you like best?

I can say that it is great software allows you to manually merge errors and control them in a few clicks. Faster find out what’s broken and why by using contextual information, request params, environment, and affected users.

What do you dislike?

Actually, with tracking system everything is good. I can't say that I have problems to use that solution. I like any working step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software let us get notified of regressions when resolved mistakes reoccur. You can spread tasks by appointing errors to workers of our group. Also, we like the working way of issue tracker which works automatically.

We have the most comfortable and useful bugs system which helps us to find all mistakes and the way from where they come. Actually, it is a great solution for a productive analyze. Much better to customized alerts inform our group in real-time in our messaging tools of choice.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

Rollbar review by Ariel C.
Ariel C.

"Rollbar and my bugs"

What do you like best?

I really like the interface, it very balanced and gives me all information I need. I can easily filter notifications by type, source and more to support and enhance my workflow. I love how easy it to integrate with my projects. Rollbar is easy to set up, just a few lines of code.

What do you dislike?

As in many similar products, there are small problems with notification filtering. Otherwise, this service suits me all. I am waiting for new and interesting features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rollbar is а very powerful solution, give it a chance. There is a trial period, so if your application or project has a small number of errors and bugs, you can have a free version.

We want to be the best, so any errors in our project are critical and need to be removed very quickly. Rollbar helps us achieve this goal.

Rollbar review by Frederic H.
Frederic H.

"The perfect way to resolve all mistakes."

What do you like best?

I like that I can work on solving my mistakes which I can have during the working day. Very big help to increase the working ability of all team. The perfect solution to use in the company.

What do you dislike?

I like everything and I don't meet any bad issue here. During my work, I like how that program works. Very useful software. An easy way to set up. The platform is secured. Which is good for all your folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good way to work more easy and clear make for everyone is understandable. Easy to set up.

We can easy to find our problem. That program helps us to control and analyze our working mistakes. Actually, its good tools to work better and to make all rules how we want. Ability to check everything.

Rollbar review by Russell P.
Russell P.

"Great to fix all errors."

What do you like best?

That program helps me too much for all my development team.The Best solutions which provide answers to our general problems.I like that I have that software.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issue to complain about that product. Everything works great.Very easy to set up. I know that it's secured. Actually, it's help e lot to a business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best software which will work on your mistakes.Great for monitoring and doing your work more clear.Don't afraid, it's very easy to install.I recommend it.

Helps us to find base reason quickly. The good way to analyze and playback mistakes.Perfect for the company. To make the event, cooperate rules how you want. Gives good monitoring in real time.

Rollbar review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"The Absolute BEST Thing You Can Do for Writing Better Software"

What do you like best?

Real time error reporting. Intelligent clustering and grouping of error occurrences by 10^n. Lots of flexibility in alerting rules.

Team Rollbar--I LOVE you guys and your wonderful service! This review is far too long overdue.

Let me save you a bunch of time and make the decision for you. If you're not already using an error tracking platform, you must. If you're deciding between which services to use, just go with Rollbar, and stop deliberating.

Rollbar is hands-down, THE BEST full-stack application error and exception monitoring/tracking system.

I was an early user and first started using Rollbar in early 2012 (back when it was still called Ratchet.io). Suffice it to say, it has completely transformed and leveled-up the way I build and write applications.

Rollbar is now a must-have for any application I build. TDD? Yeah, could do that, or you can just be more lean and start building, and Rollbar will catch all of your exceptions for you. Large team? Even more so that you need Rollbar, so that you can detect and fix errors before they inconvenience your users.

Here are the reasons for why I think Rollbar is great:

Best thing since sliced bread - For the developers in the late 90's to early 2000's who remember it, just as Firebug and later on Chrome Developer Tools was to JavaScript development, so is Rollbar to development on any stack. Before, with writing JavaScript in Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 4.0, all you had to go off of was that there was a JS error and the JS on a page was completely broken. Developers familiar with that old debugging technique will shake their heads today--manual binary search, commenting out parts of code until it started working again--those days are gone. Now, with Rollbar, you can know with certainty what parts of your application, down to the specific line(s) of code, are causing the exception.

Rollbar has an exceptional, world-class team. Rollbar is built by engineers, for engineers. I know because I've worked with a few folks at team Rollbar, including the founder/CEO Brian Rue, who has been a mentor and advisor to me at a few startups, and some of my elite former colleagues who were hand-picked to join the Rollbar team. They are extremely talented hackers and engineers.

Rollbar scales, an is extremely reliable. We're not just talking Mickey Mouse pretend scale, but they actually do. Guess what? Unlike most of the rest of the web, they're actually NOT primarily an AWS-based stack (yeah, because AWS outages can cause large chunks of the web to fail). Rollbar is in multiple data centers across the world for improved latency, durability/reliability of data.

Rollbar is extremely easy to integrate and very well documented. There are modules/agents for just about every stack and programming language. A basic setup takes 5-10 minutes.

Rollbar is thoughtful. In the early days of Rollbar, data wasn't scrubbed so potentially you could see sensitive information in the notifications you got. Now, they've significantly improved the reporting agents and UI so that sensitive information can be scrubbed before sending notifications, and additional sensitive/PII fields can be configured in the interface.

Rollbar beats the pants off of their competitors. The primary competitors I'm thinking of are Sentry and New Relic. New Relic is more for infrastructure than application, and often, infrastructure smells and problems are code problems. In terms of budgeting or planning IT spend, I would maximize spending on Rollbar and maybe some more basic infrastructure monitoring like hand-rolled Nagios or even Datadog (which also totally rocks, btw) instead of New Relic. As for comparison with Sentry? See next bullet point.

Rollbar is an adult, whereas Sentry** is a kid. Sentry came out of Disqus, and was built by designer-engineers. Don't get me wrong--they have good engineers, but not as good as Rollbar's. I don't care if Sentry is more popular atm or if the UI looks better; I want to know that I can have absolute confidence in my error tracking platform and sleep better at night. If error tracking services were facial hair, Rollbar would be a full, lush beard, and Sentry would be the teenage kid with sporadic prickly hairs here and there and some peach fuzz on the side. Rollbar doesn't rate-limit by default, which means you get all of your exception occurrences notified and tracked. It is 4K Ultra HD, if you will. (Though, to help manage costs and temper noise, you can set custom rate limits per API key--this is so powerful!) Sentry rate-limits by default, resulting in "sampling" error tracking which isn't full coverage and leaves you erroneously thinking that your app is in better health than it actually is.

Rollbar is "multi-tenant" (similar to GitHub) in the sense that you can have one user account affiliated with multiple organizations and projects. This is a nice added convenience.

Rollbar is enterprise-ready and has on-premise deployments.

As of this review, it's 2016--why aren't you using Rollbar yet? If you're still trying to hand-roll your own error logging system, I would seriously question you or your company's technical competence.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, this software is the-bomb-diggity-dot-com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rollbar has an excellent freemium model. Once you start using it, you can set up rate limits to not trip into higher usage tiers or overage costs.

Any software company that has any serious plans of scaling should implement Rollbar ASAP.

With Rollbar, you are able to discover and fix errors before your users do. This is a huge business value.

Rollbar review by Slomo W.
Slomo W.

"Easily track and resolve errors using Rollbar"

What do you like best?

Rollbar has got some really powerful and fantastic features for getting notified whenever there is a bug present in my app which my customer/user has experienced. It gets integrated in my codebase very easily and supports most of the leading programming languages like .NET, PHP, Javascript, and Python. Its dashboard allows me to understand what exactly is happening in the code and I can easily organize error traces to find the line of code which generated the error. I can customize the email so that I will get notifications about the errors which are of high priority and needs to be resolved urgently.

What do you dislike?

The main concern is about the pricing Rollbar has offered via its plans. It is on the higher side when compared with other Crash Reporting tools. It doesn’t provide any context for few of the errors generated due to Javascript although it affects my app when user is trying to login to the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rollbar will be really useful for the front end error reporting for your app and will keep you notified about the bugs affecting your app. Also the integration is superfast and simple to implement.

I have been using Rollbar to get notified about my app’s performance bugs instantly and it has 5 severity levels for getting notifications. The least level is Debug and the highest level is Critical, which helps in diagnosing the bugs and resolving them according to their priority. Using the dashboard, I am able to view the history details about the error like arguments associated with the error, when exactly did the problem came into the app, which browsers/OS was affected, etc.

Rollbar review by Shaun R.
Shaun R.

"Fantastic tool for crash reporting with reasonable price"

What do you like best?

Definitely Rollbar is a top notch crash reporting tool and requires just 2 steps to be implemented in the code for integrating its services with my app.

It has a lightning speed to go to the line of code which has resulted in the error just by double clicking on it. The dashboard makes it possible to organize the error traces to get detailed analysis of the Prioritized issues first.

I has helped me in keeping the production instance error free with its alerts and notifications in real time giving detailed traces and error reports, so that I can find those errors and fix them before it affects my app users. Reports can be sorted out with respect to the number of affected users for each bug.

What do you dislike?

Although I have not used all its features, there seems to be an issue with the mute functionality and is not working most of the time. Also I would like to see a help document from the support team to specify the most important features as it is not feasible to understand and use all the features from the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be helpful in providing reports about front end errors and also the price is reasonable when compared to its excellent features. A lot of API are provided for catching server side errors and is worth trying.

I deployed Rollbar in my app around 6 months ago in both the instances i.e. test instance and production instance to keep a track of all errors and crashes being experienced by customers. Thus it makes it easy to find the issues quickly which we weren’t able to find earlier as it took a long time to figure out the root cause of the crash.

Rollbar has benefitted us in capturing the JavaScript errors at the client side and keep the production instance bug free.

Rollbar review by Suman R.
Suman R.

"Error report monitoring tool with nice features"

What do you like best?

I like Rollbar because it allows me to collect information about my app’s error reports which includes requested parameters, affected users, stack traces and URL information. It is very easy to implement and integrate Rollbar in my code with the help of their API. What I really like about Rollbar is that I can examine and analyze specific errors experienced by the users quickly. It can also provide detailed information about all the errors experienced by a particular user. This allows me to provide timely support to that particular user and reach out to them whenever that error occurs to resolve it.

I can also setup customized email notifications for specific errors which I think will have serious impact and should be resolved quickly. Thus, only those notifications would be sent to me reducing the overall stress about dealing with every single error even if that is not important at that particular moment.

What do you dislike?

There are tons of features present in Rollbar and when I first got a glimpse of the dashboard I found that some of the features were not important to me. Thus, Rollbar should create some documentation to highlight the basic features which are needed to test your services and rest would be additional features which one can try.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a very good tool for a QA tester and can be used as a reporting tool to debug the information.

The User Interface is capable of organizing the error traces in a very efficient manner and this makes it useful for me to examine the errors and work on them easily. Just by clicking on the error, I can navigate to the line in my code which generated that error. So, it is pretty fast and reliable for error reporting.

I always use it to analyze the errors by sorting them with occurrence, Operating system, internet browser, and host application for quick analysis.

Rollbar review by Alon N.
Alon N.

"Rollbar is an error reporting and aggregating service , but not the one I would choose"

What do you like best?

the occurences tab showing columns with specific custom occurrences is useful. Aslo built in slack integration

What do you dislike?

Seems to fail sometimes to get true traces of async code in Node.js

Major Library integration (like winston logger) is not maintained by the company , but only general open source, with deprecated apis

Recommendations to others considering the product

logging formatting is critical not be bombarded with multiple alert. everything which is incident data and not stack trace should go into the custom fields reporting

Error tracking (How often does this happen, where , when and to whom) Error logging

Rollbar review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Straight-forward error logging & management"

What do you like best?

We like how we can manage each error like an incident in Pagerduty or a ticket in Zendesk. It's also great that we can edit those individual incidents or merge them if they don't happen to combine neatly as the data is fed into Rollbar.

What do you dislike?

Rollbar is pretty straightforward, but we do wish you could have more granular control of the environments. Another challenge for us is the API is structured that we can't easily pull that data into our data warehouse.

Previously, our error information was all stored in hard to parse emails. Now, all of our errors are in Rollbar where we can search and query (for the most part). Hunting down issues and seeing if new issues crop up after a deployment is much easier.

Rollbar review by User

"Really solid website error-reporting"

What do you like best?

Captures all the javascript errors on our websites. Groups occurances of the same error together. Good reporting. Fast.

What do you dislike?

We have lots of errors that we ignore... would be nice to categorise these more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using the free-plan then set rate limits so that if there's a spike in errors you don't use all your credit on one day.

Once we implemented Rollbar I spent the next couple of days fixing all the JS errors that I hadn't even realised were happening on our website, cause no-one had ever told me that they were there.

Rollbar review by Daniel A.
Daniel A.

"Great error tracking tool!"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that Rollbar is easy to integrate and implement in your codebase. They have various modules for Ruby and NodeJS which makes setup a breeze. The user interface makes it easy to know what's happening as well as organizing these error traces. The stage tab is really a welcome addition

What do you dislike?

It took some time for me to see some really cool features on the dashboard. I think Rollbar team can create some more docs to highlight some of these features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rollbar is a great tool for tracking errors that occur in your application, and with its rich interface and analysis, you will be a few steps away from figuring out these errors and resolving them.

I want to be on top of errors that occur in my product. For a language like JavaScript for example is can be a real pain trying to figure out certain errors. I've realized that Rollbar makes it easy to track these stubborn errors.

Rollbar review by Bruno A.
Bruno A.

"It's a mess developing a webapp without Rollbar!"

What do you like best?

- easy to deploy

- several deployment scenarios

- good insights on errors

- good notification settings

- possibility to ignore the same error "family"

- possibility to comment in each error

- the live items viewer is simply awesome!

What do you dislike?

- Deploying users should be hook up to Rollbar users is username is the same as an existing user in that account;

- Deploy could actually have an external link so we could link to our own documentation when releasing;

- To many script updates (in a short time), the update should be easier (ex. having a central repository in Rollbar for each major version)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to find a tool that can catch both server and client side errors, Rollbar it your MacGyver tool for it, no doubts about it!

It helps us from having users that couldn't make orders to be able to run smoothly even on mobile platforms, the output is awesome and we can easily track what is going on with each and every error.

- client and server side errors that we, not so proudly, skip them in development and testing making it easier to create a release and fix the errors with the most hits in the month

- weird errors that only happen "on-the-server" are easily caught, all those hard errors that only happen in the production environment are so easily caught with Rollbar

- cross browsing testing is a lot easier as we can see the browser used and fix those naughty errors

- api errors that run as Windows Service that could be harder to log

Rollbar review by Raghavender Rao J.
Raghavender Rao J.

"The best error tracking service - hands down!"

What do you like best?

I have used TrackJS, Sentry and other error tracking but nothing can match the simplicity of Rollbar. As a JavaScript developer, error tracking is a crucial part of my workflow and since using Rollbar we have been able to track all user-end JS errors across our entire application stack in just one simple dashboard. It is the most clean and easy-to-use which helped make my life as a JS developer easy.

What do you dislike?

The frontend RollBar JS script works flawlessly, but for server side error tracking, we had to write a custom plugin for grails and little documentation was available to help us achieve this. I heard that their Rails support is top-notch. I just wish the same with their grails support. There is nothing else to dislike about Rollbar. Just get some support for Grails and I would give a 10/10 :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rollbar saved us a lot of time by tracking the errors for us. WIthout it, we would be spending countless man hours on testing and debugging user-end errors. Also, it helped us keep our errors organized.

I would highly recommend using Rollbar to track all JS and server side errors on your next project.

We've deployed RollBar across all of our staging and production environments just once and it just keeps tracking all errors and we currently use several third-party integrations to develop a very powerful workflow around this.

Rollbar review by Ross D.
Ross D.

"One-stop product"

What do you like best?

Nice management of multiple environments (easy to switch between dev, staging, prod, etc.) and multiple reporting techniques (e.g. Ruby library and rollbar.js for client-side reporting). Ability to include arbitrary meta data in reports. Nice GitHub integration (suggests suspect deploys). Great ability to manage alerts (acknowledge, resolve, mute, record comments, see history and frequency — makes it a great tool for a multi-person devops team). Easy Heroku integration too.

What do you dislike?

The "mute" feature doesn't always seem to work. Can take some tinkering to get meta data to come across in event reports (e.g. user identities, etc.), especially if you want it to be consistent between the server and client sides — not difficult, just a bit manual (no slick out-of-the-box Rails config that I've found). The product has matured a lot, but there are the occasional "flighty" things that happen (to be expected when putting a slick UI on top of big data).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the free plan on Heroku if you don't have much volume yet.

Consolidate all bug reporting into one place. Ability to log arbitrary events if desired.

Rollbar review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Nice tool for notoriously difficult frontend error tracking, but not quite plug-and-play with Ember."

What do you like best?

Rollbar features a lot of platform integrations, so I could see using this with my backend API as well. Error aggregation is a must given the volume of errors that might come through. The interface is fairly extensive (esp. coming from Honeybadger) and the different environments setting is useful.

What do you dislike?

In an Ember app, it's not quite plug-and-play. Errors that are triggered after page load don't seem to be caught at all (although errors on initial page load are), maybe it has to do with the event loop.

I'm also having difficulty setting up source maps: I configured the correct settings and confirmed that we upload/link to source maps in production, but Rollbar has not picked it up. Manually setting the "code_version" flag isn't a big deal in a templating language, but it seems like this could/should be inferred from the cache-busted script URLs or a SHA of the index page (since Ember apps leverage revision hashes on all assets).

It's minor, but I didn't see Pivotal Tracker or Slack integration—I particularly like the former integration from HoneyBadger, and would like "realtime updates" through Slack instead of a barrage of emails.

Last, the error aggregation algorithm seems a bit fidgety—might have been due to me trying to get source maps working, but super similar errors weren't grouped if the code was slightly revised or had slightly differing line number in the stack trace. I would personally like an option to aggregate errors over differing deploy revisions to catch similar errors across deploys since it's unlikely we would fix every bug in one deploy (we use a continuous integration strategy).

Deploying a large scale frontend app, currently without error monitoring so it's hard to track obscure bugs. Historically, frontend error tracking tooling has always been "hand-tied" due to the limited info in window.onerror, but as the browser APIs improve it has become feasible to track frontend errors.

Rollbar review by Stefano Z.
Stefano Z.

"Really indispensable tool"

What do you like best?

The fact that it's easy to go from an error to the line of code that generated it. It's reliability and speed. The user agent and query parameter reporting. The possibility to run queries among a certain error occurrence to find common denominators.

What do you dislike?

Error grouping could be improved a bit, sometimes the same error in considered as new while instead it already happened with maybe some small bits changed. RQL is great and I'd like to see if work in full, the missing bits would be really helpful to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't think there's much to think about. I consider it a no-brainer if you're serious about error reporting.

Hiding errors conditions to end-users. Being able to track down error occurrences, the context that generated them and how often they happen.

Rollbar review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Easy to implement, Hits all the Requirements"

What do you like best?

Roller's pricing structure is fair. It delivers most of the same functionality as Bugsnag for a third of the price.

Integration of Roller is a snap using Jens Segers Rollbar package for Laravel. Adding the front-end JS from the Rollbar docs is also straightforward. Implementation should take no longer than 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

The user interface in Rollbar is a bit dated. But it works. I don't like the side-scrolling lower half of the page that contains the error occurrences, but it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Its free if you don't exceed a certain threshold. And honestly if you keep your exceptions to a minimum in your apps, you can host error handling for 10s of apps for free.

I use Rollbar in mine and client projects.

Rollbar review by User in Computer Software

"Rollbar has been invaluable in helping us track and understand clientside JS errors"

What do you like best?

Rollbar is simple, powerful, and their support has been absolutely top-notch, with people frequently going above and beyond to lend us a hand with things. Rollbar's client-side JS library and its ability to (with a single config flag) capture uncaught JS errors has been a godsend for us.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to criticize here – perhaps the web-UI could use a coat of paint (it looks to me like it's built on a lightly-modified Bootstrap template), but that's really a cosmetic issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rollbar is powerful, well-priced, and invaluable. It's absolutely worth trying. It's also quite powerful and extensible – we use it primarily to catch uncaught client-side JS error's, but it's equally useful as a reporting tool to capture various pieces of debug information, and has libraries allowing for tracking of server-side errors in many languages.

Rollbar's client-side JS error catching library is basically a drop-in one-liner that allows you to start capturing nearly all uncaught JS errors without any code modification. With very little work we were able to start capturing the errors that were previously slipping through the cracks and going unnoticed.

Rollbar review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Rollbar is fantastic"

What do you like best?

It always keeps me up to date on any errors afflicting my system. It warns me of any new errors and helps me to identify trends with possible edge cases not caught in my unit testing.

What do you dislike?

It could have a little more metrics. Some competitors report on more environmental metrics which can sometimes help to put errors into context.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out, it's an amazing piece of software and easy to get started with.

Error monitoring and alerting. It helps the entire team keep up to date with the health of the production environment.

Rollbar review by Krzysztof H.
Krzysztof H.

"Essential tool for any app in production"

What do you like best?

It's extremely useful to find bugs in production fast. It groups similiar bugs and shows tons of useful information about any incidents both in front-end and backend part of applications. It's also easy to integrate into your apps. It's also very easy to plug it into Slack or whatever other tools you have. They have a pleasant API and provide webhooks for events.

What do you dislike?

It's very easy to go above your plan by runaway events and sometimes it groups unrelated bugs together. Front-end integration also needs improvements and third party plugins for various frameworks (eg. Symfony2) might need some additional support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Limit your daily event number to something sane.

It makes us sure that our production environment stays bug-free.

Rollbar review by Gaston M.
Gaston M.

"A promising leading debugging tool. My new best server side friend."

What do you like best?

It instantly reports all the exceptions that occurs in my ruby server apps. I like it is by default awesome, but as well let's you log and custom report anything you like by the use of an API. You can also add extra parameters to associated to each exception.

The pricing is among the best of all as of early 2016.

What do you dislike?

The UI needs lots of improvements. It's sad because the product features are amazing, I'd make a refresh of the UX/UI with a add more real time approach.

I use it to monitor my startup backend.

Rollbar review by Douglas O.
Douglas O.

"Get valuable insights from your project!"

What do you like best?

Very fast notification of when your software is not working as expected for your users. Instead of losing the errors in a huge log, Rollbar presents your with a very beautiful listing, which you can organize in many ways. Also it's very nice that you can provide a method to identify the users in each request and track if a defined user is having a bad experience in your software because of unexpected errors or just track all the errors he is getting for a better investigation.

What do you dislike?

The only confusing part that I found is some sort of confusion when dealing with teams and projects: they are way too much tied to the other and interface is not clear. I think this part can still be improved. For example, I can't just visit the Dashboard without having a project and to have a project I need a team. I just want to be able to create a personal project no tied no any team and also be able to move it to a team later if I need to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use and abuse of Rollbar. Get insights of errors that are shown to your users and/or create your custom errors if you need to. You will be surprised by how fast and important the feedback is. Remember to configure properly the data required to use the Person feature, it's awesome!

We got fast feedback when, by our mistake, users were getting Internal Servers Errors in a production environment. This enable us to quickly fix some issues and track better weird long-time issues that we couldn't find the cause earlier. Users happy equals a happy client and a happy company.

Rollbar review by David G.
David G.

"Your production vigilante"

What do you like best?

Rollbar catches every error in your production environment. They do their job, they does it reliably and they do it fast. Also, integration is a breathe.

What do you dislike?

I miss the ability to group different similar errors into the same. Muted errors also become unmuted after a certain number of occurrences.

Any sane devops department is blind without a service without a service such as the one provided by Rollbar. We could roll out our own using open source, but Rollbar lets us concentrate in our product and our customers.

Rollbar review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Awesome UI and greatly helped error tracking and reporting in our webapp!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Rollbar is the very well balanced UI that allows you to see all errors tracked for various environments including testing, staging, and production. I love how easy it is to integrate with many different languages. Tracking client side javascript is super useful with full stack traces to show you exactly what went wrong. It's very easy to see trends in various bugs and mark bugs as solved easily. The plan options are all awesome deals and it's very easy to get up and running, Rollbar is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I can't find any downsides to rollbar at this time, but Im sure there are always features they can add in the future to make it even better. Integrations with newer languages are always good, I would be interested in an integration with Salesforce using the AppExchange which would be interesting if they could hook into it somehow..?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great, I highly suggest using it for any type of webapp or website in the future! It will help you greatly.

The main business problem we wanted to solve was to have a location to track all of our errors in one place for all environments. We used log files and they were much harder to scan through as opposed to rollbar's very nice and organized interface. The benefits of using Rollbar were enormous, allowing us to track client and server side errors in one place, target higher priority errors, see browser versions of users, and even be able to fix bugs before anyone even saw them. It allowed us to track errors client side that may not have messed up the page, but still were breaking. Rollbar is invaluable.

Rollbar review by Alexander R.
Alexander R.

"Adaptable and reliable error support "

What do you like best?

My favorite aspects of this software is the adaptability between different programing languages and the automatic notifications.

What do you dislike?

The software is mainly suited for the smaller business, which isn't really a complaint, but a cloud based software would be better suited for the needs of the many.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out and provide feedback to the developers. Freemium software is a great option.

Error tracking and support

Rollbar review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great and easy to use product"

What do you like best?

I already use this product on 2 projects. I love how I get all needed information and how fast it notifies me by email on any given problem and the trello integration

What do you dislike?

I can't currently think of anything.. this product gives me everything I wanted

We were having problems knowing about exceptions when they happen on a rails application.

Other solutions didn't have a great UI to manage the exception or they cost too much money.

Rollbar review by User in Internet

"Useful for gauging frontend issues"

What do you like best?

The administrative interface is easy to navigate. There are helpful alerts, and the option to integrate with the browser to report frontend JS errors is very useful. Resolving items in commits is also a nice feature to have. For the backend, it's a pretty reliable place to monitor after a production push. Every engineer is required to be on an oncall shift, so we rely heavily on Rollbar when we run into an error with our Django application.

What do you dislike?

We bundle our JS, so some of the reports of stack traces are hard to decipher. It'd be nice to do a Pretty Print (much like how Chrome Developer Tools does) and grab the chunk that was throwing the error. It would be nice it also had an integration with JIRA that would automatically assign an issue to the person who last touched the file that the error comes from. While the interface is pretty easy to navigate, I would like to see more product features added to the product. More visualizes/graphs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will absolutely help you, but I hope they keep iterating on the product to stay relevant in the competitive landscape that is error reporting for applications. It's also useful for frontend error reporting.

In an effort to reduce opaqueness from our frontend, we looked into a number of alternative solutions and considered rolling our own solution, until we realized that Rollbar has the ability to track and report frontend errors. We have realized that we can run Rollbar in our staging environment and catch errors before they make it to production which is also very useful.

Rollbar review by User in Internet

"Error notifications and activity"

What do you like best?

Its hastle free = once setup you know you can come in and check your emails/chat channels for any hidden issues in your software. Integration with third parties.

Can see who pushed/deployed

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is a slightly outdated UI - saying that I rely on the notifications 90% of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrates easily with email and Slack - there are alot more options, but these are the ones our team uses.

Monitoring applications in production environments.

Rollbar review by Administrator in Program Development
Administrator in Program Development

"Good experience so fat"

What do you like best?

I like to be notified on Slack and email when something goes wrong. This is great to be one step ahead of users, fixing their issues while they use your product.

What do you dislike?

There is no simple way to prioritize these notifications

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. It's a great product

Error notifications specially in production environments

Rollbar review by Richard Y.
Richard Y.

"Easy to setup error catching service"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, simple to understand emails, good error reporting. Free service too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing right now, it's a pretty good product.

Catching errors quickly and responding to them.

Rollbar review by User

"Great and simple error tracking."

What do you like best?

I like the wide variety of languages supported by Rollbar. It is simple to use and integrate.

What do you dislike?

The discovery process is sometimes obtuse. Disparate events are sometimes clustered together, and it's hard to collate the original error messages to determine the ultimate cause of the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure integration is set up so that errors can be grouped appropriately.

Discovering bugs that have made it to production. Rollbar has helped identify and find the causes of many errors.

Rollbar review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"My experience has been minimal but great."

What do you like best?

The website ui is simple and easy to navigate around.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything in particular that I dislike.

The benefits are being able to track specific users effected by specific errors. Since I am in QA, it's easier to track down which errors I personally saw and then be able to reproduce my steps and pinpoint issues.

Rollbar review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"It just works"

What do you like best?

The JS & Ruby reporters are great. The ui groups the errors efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There's some UX issues here and there but nothing critical

We process orders in real time to be served within few hours, any errors is critical and should be addressed quickly. Rollbar plays an important role in allowing us to achieve this goal.

Rollbar review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Does the job of frontend bug tracking exceptionally well"

What do you like best?

Rollbar offers many views for different scenarios. A dashboard, pages per user, per error, different environments, etc. The flexibility is great.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI can be overwhelming, but overall it is good.

This product allows us to quickly see the errors being generated on production client-side and gives us notifications and alerts when there are problems.

Rollbar review by User in Music
User in Music

"Very useful integration for a rails project"

What do you like best?

I really like to be able to go into the history of errors, checking them and discovering if they were already happened in the past. It replaced completely email-based error notifications

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel something is going wrong with errors count but in general my experience is more than positive

The biggest advantage is a unique place to check errors (with notifications), the real plus is to be able to know historic statistics about errors (to monitor regressions)

"Great alerting"

What do you like best?

Great website that quickly aggregates the most important information

What do you dislike?

Sometimes overload of alerts, but I like the way they try to handle that.

We use it to discover and delegate issues quickly,e specially for people on call.

Rollbar review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Pay for failures!"

What do you like best?

The policy – Fix your stuff if you do not want to pay!

Good integrations

Pretty fast

Errors log is not a huge wall of text – it's smartly cutted

What do you dislike?

It's not very clear understanding what's the path that raised an exception

Tracking and solving bugs/exceptions

Rollbar review by User in Computer Software

"Rollbar as an error monitoring service"

What do you like best?

Custom grouping for errors

Good dashboard

What do you dislike?

Error grouping is poor

Titles for errors are misleading- often poor grouping

Monitoring error trends, spikes, etc

Learning about Rollbar?

* We monitor all Rollbar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.