RStudio

RStudio is a family of powerful and cost-effective undelete and data recovery software.

Work for RStudio?

Learning about RStudio?

RStudio Reviews

Ask RStudio a Question
Showing 276 RStudio reviews
RStudio review by <span>Patrick S.</span>
Patrick S.

"User friendly interface for R"

What do you like best?

I recently started to work with R and statistical analysis for my PhD project. RStudio is basically R with buttons and more useful resources. The auto save sessions are amazing and you don't have to be worried about your computer shut down or anything that can happen somethings, you are not gonna lose your data. To install packages is super easy and there is a lot of them out there. The console is super user friendly and the script screen is pretty clear. Even for beginners like me, RStudio looks easy.

What do you dislike?

One thing I don't like about the RStudio is the lack of auto updating R feature. When a new R is released, you have to download and install it manually, RStudio does not recognize a new version of R. And you also have to copy and paste your packages from the old R to the new directory, RStudio cannot handle it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to run lot of data in R and you are a beginner or not a bioinformatics guy, use RStudio, the interface is good and user friendly, everything is pretty clear in the screen, you will know when something is wrong with your code and RStudio gives you some hint to make the code work.

RStudio helped me to analyze my RNA-seq data in one week, and I never worked with this kind of data before. It looks clear and easy, just type and run your script, do it all over again and your work are done.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RStudio
RStudio review by <span>Manvendra Singh R.</span>
Manvendra Singh R.

"Statistical Language Tool"

What do you like best?

The community associated with the tool and language is very strong. Also the extensive work and updation of packages make it very easy to use and apply functionalities. Caret and dplyr are very versatile packages. If one learns to use ggplot 2 package, they can even create interactive dashboards like one from tableau.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the language but the constant and frequent updates in few packages makes one re-learn the concepts related to it again and again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is difficult to learn, but there is a lot of material available online to woke through it. I learned through data camp, ISLR and participated in online kagggle competitions. It takes time but once crossed the threshold its a cake walk then on.

RStudio was mostly used for data wrangling. This data cleaning part took the maximum part of processing the whole data. Once the concepts were learned it was easy to use and modify the data for further work on it. Statistical knowledge coupled with the knowledge of this tool can work wonders. One can build regression models and do predictive analysis. There are many applications towards improving and understanding the data for the further applications.

What Predictive Analytics solution do you use?

RStudio review by <span>Maike H.</span>
Maike H.

"The only IDE to use with R!"

What do you like best?

I don't even know where to begin. Rstudio is highly customizable, allowing you to choose how to display your console, plots, workspace variables, etc within the IDE. The newer versions of Rstudio allow for version control with git as well, which is very advantageous for collaborative projects. Plotting is also easy, and you can easily scroll through your plot history to compare many plots. You can easily inspect your datasets and variables as well. Installation is very simple and takes a few moments. I use Rstudio with my PC and Mac, and I've never experienced problems with either. In addition to an IDE, you can also write latex and markdown documents integrated with R code and output. I love this feature, because I produce many reports in which I need to show R code and output. Also Rstudio is free!

What do you dislike?

Although Rstudio is an excellent IDE, that comes at a cost of overhead. Compiling large lateX documents, for example, takes much longer if you run them through Rstudio versus the command line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Rstudio to a wide variety of people--from students to instructors, business professionals, and anyone who'd like to get some programming experience in a user friendly IDE. I especially recommend Rstudio to those who are on a budget, because Rstudio is free! I would also recommend it for analysts who wish to use version control on collaborative projects, because Rstudio integrates with github.

I use Rstudio extensively daily to analyze, process, and manipulate data. It is an invaluable resource. I would not be as productive or efficient without it. I really love that I can produce high quality reports with R code. This helps others understand my work and makes my research reproducible.

RStudio review by <span>Sohrab R.</span>
Sohrab R.

"R-studio can handle statistical packages pretty well"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about R-studio is the variety of packages that it covers. Most statisticians are well-versed with R so most of their academic papers end up being a package in R which makes it a very useful software for statistics. R-studio is easy to use and it is quite friendly. I also like the visualization packages such as ggplot2 which generates fancy figures.

What do you dislike?

I think R is very good for statistics but it's quite limiting for many other tasks such as data-wrangling, deep learning, and machine learning packages. If you are working in those areas I suggest using Python instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider making Machine Learning and Deep learning packages more user friendly and provide a good tutorial on that so that you can resemble something like Scikit-learn)

I have been working with R-studio for a while now. I often run ANOVA models ore regressions. I also use it for mapping (ggmap) and visualization because I think the visualizations are great. Although, after the advent of Tableau, I barely use R-studio for visualization. Because of it being an open-source software, it is still a common software preferred by many companies including Mckinsey.

RStudio review by <span>Samuel C.</span>
Samuel C.

"A complete game changer"

What do you like best?

RStudio has been a complete game changer for me at work. Not only does it provide a slick interface for utilizing the R programming language, it makes implementing new packages and combining multiple programming languages simple and efficient. The Help tab save a great deal of time that would otherwise be spent on Google. The Plots tab makes exporting plots quick and versatile. Personally, I could go on for a long time on how great this product is. Shout out to the Monokai theme; it makes coding a dream.

What do you dislike?

There are some issue with saving plots and their size and scale. I can program a plot to have a specific scale, but open it in the Plots tab differently and the saved file changes. Especially when I put multiple plots onto the same image there are scale issues. I have spent more time than I would like to admit adjusting scales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the documentation and Stack Overflow with questions. This GUI is highly powerful and worth the time to acclimate to. I would also recommend the theme "Monokai," which is a dark theme. It makes the coding softer on the eyes.

I complete probably 85%-90% of my work with RStudio. We run off an IBM AS400 server and I constantly pull and manipulate data through an ODBC connection using SQL queries and then dump the data into Excel. Data wrangling that would take literal days in Excel take mere seconds once a program is written. We recently updated our accounting software and we had to verify that our data transferred correctly. The accountants would have had to check hundreds of thousands of lines of data manually over the course of days (in at least 3 different stages), but I was able to complete the whole process in a few hours (coding, formatting, and running scripts combined). Highly powerful.

RStudio review by <span>Chirag A.</span>
Chirag A.

"Great editor for R programming RStudio"

What do you like best?

Its has a very good GUI where one can easily write R code for writing machine learning program. You can see the values of global variable create various programs etc.Also it is very fast. Rstudio is great tool for programming R code for machine learning programming. It has a very good GUI and is a great tool for Data Analysis and Data Science. It is freely available and very easy to download and setup.

What do you dislike?

As of now I did not find anything bad in Rstudio. One thing that I can say is that it can be more colorful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Writing code for machine learning project which is the part of Data Science initiative.

Learning about RStudio?

* We monitor all RStudio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.