RStudio

(324)
4.5 out of 5 stars

RStudio is a family of powerful and cost-effective undelete and data recovery software.

Work for RStudio?

Learning about RStudio?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

RStudio Reviews

Ask RStudio a Question
Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • For Category
  • Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
For Category
Industry
Showing 324 RStudio reviews
LinkedIn Connections
RStudio review by <span>Pablo l.</span>
Pablo l.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Por que deberías usar Rstudio!"

What do you like best?

RStudio es increíble. Me encanta el hecho de que sea de código abierto, y funciona a la perfección con R. Hay tantos paquetes desarrollados por otros que se pueden obtener fácilmente de CRAN o Bioconductor, por lo que realizar análisis es muy intuitivo y fácil de usar. Todas las funciones también vienen con buena documentación y un montón de ejemplos para seguir a lo largo, que fue tremendamente útil cuando estaba empezando como un usuario principiante lats año.

What do you dislike?

A veces encuentro que escribir tus propios paquetes o programas para hacer cálculos no es tan sencillo. Por ejemplo, intenté escribir una función que clasificara un conjunto de productos y realizara un cálculo de similitud entre los proveedores. Escribir nuevas funciones desde cero fue un poco difícil para mí, ya que no encontré muy buena documentación que fuera fácil de seguir. He tenido que confiar en los paquetes de otros, que también han funcionado bien.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitivamente recomendable - es gratis para todos, lo que es especialmente un gran beneficio para los estudiantes. Utilícelo más en clases para exponer a los estudiantes a una variedad de tareas de visualización, modelado y minería de datos.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Estoy usando RStudio para ejecutar análisis predictivos, específicamente estoy tratando de predecir las ventas para una semana determinada basado en predictores tales como el número de visitas a nuestro sitio web, los enlaces en los que los usuarios hacen clic, su historial de compras, etc. RStudio tiene muy buenas funciones para construir modelos de regresión y aprendizaje de máquina para este tipo de trabajo. Me di cuenta de que el mayor beneficio es que es gratuito. Anteriormente usaba Stata, por lo que tuve que pagar.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RStudio
RStudio review by <span>Sinjini M.</span>
Sinjini M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"RStudio review"

What do you like best?

RStudio is an amazing statistical software to use today. It is not only good for basic data analysis and visualization but also for more sophisticated statistical modeling and inference. I use RStudio for both my research projects and teaching and students love it as well. The best part about RStudio is that it is open-source (hence free). It also has several libraries with built-in functions that are useful.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that I dislike about R and RStudio is the file handling aspect. Sometimes files that are read into RStudio need to be manipulated in some ways to apply certain techniques (like ANOVA or Analysis of Variance). I wish this was simpler as in other software packages like SPSS. Another minor thing is that the learning curve may be a little steeper for undergraduate students (every function and use is not as intuitive).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend - it is free for all, which is especially a huge benefit for students. Use it more in classes to expose students to a variety of visualization, modeling and data mining tasks.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use RStudio to perform both simple and complex statistical analyses for my research projects and also teach courses on Business Statistics and Data Science using it. Students love it and it is relatively easy to learn if you have some programming background. RStudio has enabled me to apply different types of statistical and data mining algorithms to different types of data easily and obtain the results that are eay to understand, present, and interpret.

What Predictive Analytics solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
RStudio review by <span>Divyansh A.</span>
Divyansh A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Amazing platform for data analytics"

What do you like best?

RStudio is incredible. I love the fact that it is open source, and works seamlessly with R. There are so many packages developed by others that can be easily obtained from CRAN or Bioconductor, so performing analytics is very intuitive and user-friendly. All the functions also come with good documentation and plenty of examples to follow-along, which was tremendously helpful when I was starting out as a beginner user lats year.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes find that writing your own packages or programs to do computations is not as straightforward. For instance, I tried to write a function that would rank a set of products and perform a similarity calculation between the vendors. Writing new functions from scratch was a bit hard for me as I did not find very good documentation that was easy to follow. I have had to rely on other's packages, which has worked out well too.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm using RStudio to run predictive analytics, specifically I'm trying to predict sales for a given week based on predictors such as number of visits to our website, what links users click on, their past purchase history, etc. RStudio has very good functions to build regression and machine learning models for such work. I realized that the biggest benefit is that it is free of cost. I was previously using Stata for which I had to pay.

RStudio review by <span>Patrick S.</span>
Patrick S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"User friendly interface for R"

What do you like best?

I recently started to work with R and statistical analysis for my PhD project. RStudio is basically R with buttons and more useful resources. The auto save sessions are amazing and you don't have to be worried about your computer shut down or anything that can happen somethings, you are not gonna lose your data. To install packages is super easy and there is a lot of them out there. The console is super user friendly and the script screen is pretty clear. Even for beginners like me, RStudio looks easy.

What do you dislike?

One thing I don't like about the RStudio is the lack of auto updating R feature. When a new R is released, you have to download and install it manually, RStudio does not recognize a new version of R. And you also have to copy and paste your packages from the old R to the new directory, RStudio cannot handle it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to run lot of data in R and you are a beginner or not a bioinformatics guy, use RStudio, the interface is good and user friendly, everything is pretty clear in the screen, you will know when something is wrong with your code and RStudio gives you some hint to make the code work.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

RStudio helped me to analyze my RNA-seq data in one week, and I never worked with this kind of data before. It looks clear and easy, just type and run your script, do it all over again and your work are done.

RStudio review by <span>Manvendra Singh R.</span>
Manvendra Singh R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Statistical Language Tool"

What do you like best?

The community associated with the tool and language is very strong. Also the extensive work and updation of packages make it very easy to use and apply functionalities. Caret and dplyr are very versatile packages. If one learns to use ggplot 2 package, they can even create interactive dashboards like one from tableau.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the language but the constant and frequent updates in few packages makes one re-learn the concepts related to it again and again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is difficult to learn, but there is a lot of material available online to woke through it. I learned through data camp, ISLR and participated in online kagggle competitions. It takes time but once crossed the threshold its a cake walk then on.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

RStudio was mostly used for data wrangling. This data cleaning part took the maximum part of processing the whole data. Once the concepts were learned it was easy to use and modify the data for further work on it. Statistical knowledge coupled with the knowledge of this tool can work wonders. One can build regression models and do predictive analysis. There are many applications towards improving and understanding the data for the further applications.

RStudio review by <span>Luis C.</span>
Luis C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great tool for R programming"

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface design. It is it very intuitive with different sections like code, console, file paths, libraries. Another good point is the easy way of searching and installing new libraries that make your work more simple and fast

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't know what to say. I think this tool doesn't have any cons. It is made for any kind of user for beginners and also advanced users and can be used in some many different fields

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use but in case you have some problems, you can check the official documentation or even non official. There are a lot of documentation on the Internet.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Fast and efficient R programming. It is currently the best and more most famous framework for R development used for big data and business intelligent projects

RStudio review by <span>Maike H.</span>
Maike H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The only IDE to use with R!"

What do you like best?

I don't even know where to begin. Rstudio is highly customizable, allowing you to choose how to display your console, plots, workspace variables, etc within the IDE. The newer versions of Rstudio allow for version control with git as well, which is very advantageous for collaborative projects. Plotting is also easy, and you can easily scroll through your plot history to compare many plots. You can easily inspect your datasets and variables as well. Installation is very simple and takes a few moments. I use Rstudio with my PC and Mac, and I've never experienced problems with either. In addition to an IDE, you can also write latex and markdown documents integrated with R code and output. I love this feature, because I produce many reports in which I need to show R code and output. Also Rstudio is free!

What do you dislike?

Although Rstudio is an excellent IDE, that comes at a cost of overhead. Compiling large lateX documents, for example, takes much longer if you run them through Rstudio versus the command line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Rstudio to a wide variety of people--from students to instructors, business professionals, and anyone who'd like to get some programming experience in a user friendly IDE. I especially recommend Rstudio to those who are on a budget, because Rstudio is free! I would also recommend it for analysts who wish to use version control on collaborative projects, because Rstudio integrates with github.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Rstudio extensively daily to analyze, process, and manipulate data. It is an invaluable resource. I would not be as productive or efficient without it. I really love that I can produce high quality reports with R code. This helps others understand my work and makes my research reproducible.

RStudio review by <span>Sohrab R.</span>
Sohrab R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"R-studio can handle statistical packages pretty well"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about R-studio is the variety of packages that it covers. Most statisticians are well-versed with R so most of their academic papers end up being a package in R which makes it a very useful software for statistics. R-studio is easy to use and it is quite friendly. I also like the visualization packages such as ggplot2 which generates fancy figures.

What do you dislike?

I think R is very good for statistics but it's quite limiting for many other tasks such as data-wrangling, deep learning, and machine learning packages. If you are working in those areas I suggest using Python instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider making Machine Learning and Deep learning packages more user friendly and provide a good tutorial on that so that you can resemble something like Scikit-learn)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have been working with R-studio for a while now. I often run ANOVA models ore regressions. I also use it for mapping (ggmap) and visualization because I think the visualizations are great. Although, after the advent of Tableau, I barely use R-studio for visualization. Because of it being an open-source software, it is still a common software preferred by many companies including Mckinsey.

RStudio review by <span>Samuel C.</span>
Samuel C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A complete game changer"

What do you like best?

RStudio has been a complete game changer for me at work. Not only does it provide a slick interface for utilizing the R programming language, it makes implementing new packages and combining multiple programming languages simple and efficient. The Help tab save a great deal of time that would otherwise be spent on Google. The Plots tab makes exporting plots quick and versatile. Personally, I could go on for a long time on how great this product is. Shout out to the Monokai theme; it makes coding a dream.

What do you dislike?

There are some issue with saving plots and their size and scale. I can program a plot to have a specific scale, but open it in the Plots tab differently and the saved file changes. Especially when I put multiple plots onto the same image there are scale issues. I have spent more time than I would like to admit adjusting scales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the documentation and Stack Overflow with questions. This GUI is highly powerful and worth the time to acclimate to. I would also recommend the theme "Monokai," which is a dark theme. It makes the coding softer on the eyes.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I complete probably 85%-90% of my work with RStudio. We run off an IBM AS400 server and I constantly pull and manipulate data through an ODBC connection using SQL queries and then dump the data into Excel. Data wrangling that would take literal days in Excel take mere seconds once a program is written. We recently updated our accounting software and we had to verify that our data transferred correctly. The accountants would have had to check hundreds of thousands of lines of data manually over the course of days (in at least 3 different stages), but I was able to complete the whole process in a few hours (coding, formatting, and running scripts combined). Highly powerful.

RStudio review by <span>Chirag A.</span>
Chirag A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great editor for R programming RStudio"

What do you like best?

Its has a very good GUI where one can easily write R code for writing machine learning program. You can see the values of global variable create various programs etc.Also it is very fast. Rstudio is great tool for programming R code for machine learning programming. It has a very good GUI and is a great tool for Data Analysis and Data Science. It is freely available and very easy to download and setup.

What do you dislike?

As of now I did not find anything bad in Rstudio. One thing that I can say is that it can be more colorful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rstudio is great tool for programming R code for machine learning programming. It has a very good GUI and is a great tool for Data Analysis and Data Science. It is freely available and very easy to download and setup.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Writing code for machine learning project which is the part of Data Science initiative.

RStudio review by <span>Hartney D.</span>
Hartney D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"RStudio Makes Working with R Significantly More Efficient"

What do you like best?

Separating the console and clean script allows the user to have a working script with which the problem solve and perfect, as well as a clean, final script. RStudio brings packages to your fingertips and makes installing them a breeze. The ability to also view one's dataset while working is also invaluable to the user. Generally, the RStudio interface is the same, easy to use interface as R so if you're familiar with one, it should be easy to learn the other.

What do you dislike?

In order to save packages to your user library, you must download and save them. It would be nice if the system library included more widely used pre-downloaded packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RStudio is a great resource as it is open source software and constantly improving and evolving. As a free software, it can be essential for any business which analyzes data, spatial or not.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I work in geospatial analysis. R is a great tool because you can use it for geospatial statistics. RStudio simply makes working in R ten times easier by creating a clean script as well as a separate working space. RStudio also allows me to save and install packages with a click instead of having to download them each time I use the program.

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy, intuitive IDE for R programming"

What do you like best?

RStudio's interface is clean, minimalist, and makes writing code easy. Being able to view plots/files, variables, workspace, and command line all at once is helpful. Highlighted text (depending on values, variables, functions etc.) makes singling out comments, files, and numbers easy; this feature is expanded when working in R Markdown and is visually simple. The ability to preview and knit R Markdown documents is useful.

What do you dislike?

RStudio tends to slow down considerably when editing an R Markdown or R Notebook file; I find myself having to write in a basic R script document then transfer over to Markdown once finished. Some useful features are somewhat hidden (ie, "Set Working Directory" is a tiny option in a small menu; it would be nice if this were more notable). The export image feature isn't great, and I usually use an outside utility to preserve image fidelity.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

RStudio helps our data analysis move quickly. Benefits include increased efficiency and a lower learning curve for writing R code.

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"R Studio for Sports Analytics"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to import data into R Studio. It is helpful to be able to write multiple scripts simultaneously in the Editor. The console displays the results of the script outcome and/or displays any errors.

What do you dislike?

The Console does not save the output. It would be helpful if the console saved the output in different sections/windows for each corresponding script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend R Studio to others, but it is import to learning the programming language first. It is also very important to learn how to clean up the data first through the appropriate script.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I analyzed MLB sport related data. There were two datasets imported into R Studio, one for players and one for teams. I cleaned up the data. Dataframes were then created to merge and store the data. By creating the data frames and running the scripts, the sports stats became easier to analyze.

RStudio review by <span>Stepan G.</span>
Stepan G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"RStudio - a powerful tool for data wrangling and package creating in R"

What do you like best?

Rstudio has a great interface: data browsing is the best I have seen in any IDE, including MATLAB. It has integration with git. As a allows for creating proper packages, ready with documentation and and all whistles and bells. The same time it is sample and intuitive, making it beginner-friendly.

What do you dislike?

It's problems is really a continuation of this IDE advantages: e.g. interface is minimal and simple, but it would be nice to create multiple separate windows for browsing data or have R-console detached.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free and frankly the only option for R IDE

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Created and submitted two Bioconductor packages. Explored certain problems in random matrix theory.

RStudio review by <span>Jennifer L.</span>
Jennifer L.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Rstudio for your review"

What do you like best?

RStudio makes work easier with When entering RStudio we see the screen divided into four windows, that multiplatform R, works on Mac, Windows, and Numbers UNIX Numbers. This means that you can work with your data, figures, analysis and more importantly using your instructions, R is free software, there is a large community of volunteers working to improve it, which allows it to be molded and addressed to specific issues. Creating programs and packages that work in the environment R. Programs such as R-studio, Java GUI for R, R-commander, RKWard, among others, and with more than 6000 packages indexed in CRAN, Biocoductor, GitHub and R-Forge

What do you dislike?

R has a vast documentation of help, description of packages and functions, it is difficult to find specific information at any given time, R is an online programming language of command, which does not involve the use of menus like other statistical programs, this makes many people who are not familiar with programming, it is very difficult to migrate to R. But this is more than a disadvantage, because programming will better understand the basis of statistics and data analysis, compared to other people who do not use R.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, because it is a language with a complex learning curve, but very robust and effective for the handling of statistical data, for developers specialized in these languages, it can be simple. In addition, R is a programming language that is constantly evolving and that has extensive documentation, ease in the preparation of data, with this technique is very simple, largely because it automates many processes by programming sequences of commands, R works with any type of file, R is a language that allows the implementation of additional packages that give a huge data management capacity, It is open source and free.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Basically, I can simplify the steps when updating a database, reduce working time, once it is scheduled, as a statistical platform, it offers me all the techniques of data analysis. In addition to programming new methods and routines in an easy and robust way, I can do any database immediately, I can perform all the data analysis and even read files of different formats.

RStudio review by User in Research
User in Research
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"An easy-to-use and comprehensive IDE with tons of functionality "

What do you like best?

The ability to load data into the workspace interactively and being able to view the data instantaneously, without having to export it first. This is a brilliant feature that more IDEs should include. I also enjoy being able to snippets of code at a time, not the entire file.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a built-in terminal along with the R environment, like with PyCharm. This way one can run 2 codes at once, or be running one code while playing around with another at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The data visualization capabilities are good, but if you plan to use RStudio solely for this purpose, exporting plots can get a little tedious and viewing the plots interactively can be error-prone, in my experience. Python is more powerful for visualization but less convenient.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Everything from principal component analysis for hugely multivariate databases, to data visualization (e.g. plotting temperature gradient time series' over the entire US), to simple data analysis and file I/O.

RStudio review by User in Internet
User in Internet
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Free, but open source (so beware)"

What do you like best?

I like that RStudio (a user interface for R) is free & allows for the ability to download & install packages in the console itself. You can even connect to Google Visualization Charts, which open up more possibilities with data visualization.

What do you dislike?

I find that it isn't 100% user friendly - I can never remember where to save exactly what I would like (my R script in the editor or the entire disc image), & to this day, I still forget how to set my working directory permanently. I also dislike that due to being open source, every package is different in coding (even if written by the same source). This makes similar functions tricky to do vs in SAS where you just change which proc function, etc you are using. I find that it can be a bit clunky, but overall, still decent for being free & open source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to really research packages to ensure writing code correctly as they can vary so much!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It's great to have a free option as a resource for working with large datasets. SAS can be pricey, but since R & RStudio are free, it is a great substitute. It allows to anyone with any software budget access their data & be able to conduct many different levels of analysis. I don't personally utilize RStudio every day, as I am more primarily a SQL & SAS user, but it is very handy to have RStudio around for when I need it.

RStudio review by <span>Zohreh S.</span>
Zohreh S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Open source, stable GUI for R with enterprise licensing as option"

What do you like best?

- Easy to navigate

- Fantastic to install/uninstall packages

- Great sense of customisation

- Stable with rare crash

- Fast in-memory engine

- Open source

- Free license with option to go pro

What do you dislike?

- Slow when sample size is high

- Needs a bit of redesign to get closer to something like Zeppelin or Jupyter. This IDE style is a bit of old school.

- It does not have cool visualisation solution. Everything must be coded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This IDE is great to start with R. However, it keeps data in memory so its performance is highly dependent of the volume of RAM you have on your machine. It can easily crash when data is large.

This is dedicated to R as name suggests with lots of features. If you are in enterprise environment, you can even deploy your model on RStudio Server where you can schedule your task on a certain plan. Surly you have to pay for enterprise a very reasonable fee (I think it is $1000).

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

R code development, description analysis, data cleansing, feature engineering, modelling

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy to follow, great for beginners in R and command line"

What do you like best?

I like that it has a nice GUI. When an image is generated, it pops up in the corner and the user has the option to zoom in and can save it from the GUI rather than typing into a command line. You can see what it looks like before you save. You can also see characters and strings you have created in the upper right corner of the GUI, so keeping track of what you've created in R is much easier. The drop down menus for installing packages from both CRAN and from source are also really nice!

What do you dislike?

It can be a little clunky sometimes, though it could be my computer making it that way.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Data analysis is much easier, and due to the graphical nature of RStudio, it's easier to see what I've done as far as creating objects and strings, and also images.

RStudio review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great Experience for Using R studio"

What do you like best?

R studio does not have much format to follow. I can easily build in my own function and do application. What's more, I can knit the result in several different ways. The packages with instruction and explanation are useful for new user to understand the usage.

I can treat R studio as a calculator and notebook. It can show the results very fast and easy to operate.

It can add the Greek sign, matrix and several mathematical symbol as the comments. Therefore, we can knit an entire report at once with nice format, clear output and code.

It also have nice plot package such as ggplot, which can output a nice and colorful plot.

What do you dislike?

For the traditional plot, there is not too much choices to edit them in a nice way.

For the result, it does not show everything in one step. You have to run different codes and packages to get what you want.

It is kind of hard to contribute existed data in a new way. For example, if we want to inverse the entire data, treat one column and row, it is kind of hard to do it.

And R studio distinguish the capital word and lower case character, which we need to pay attention to this point every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

R studio usually saving a lot of records in the environment, which, in my opinion, is a waste of memory. If the history can be cleaned after we quit the software, it may be better.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I often use R studio to do data analysis.

clear output and easy code typing

It can give you the result with complete format.

RStudio review by <span>Sajid S.</span>
Sajid S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Graduate Student at University of Texas at Dallas"

What do you like best?

- RStudio can effectively run R packages and is simple to use while trying to perform statistical analysis for huge amount of data.

- It is open source and available for free.

- The workspace can be easily saved and organised as a Rhistory file which can be used for referencing later.

- The autocomplete feature is pretty quick and reliable.

- The panels are neatly divided and can be resized according to need.

What do you dislike?

- The main problem with RStudio is that it is lacking behind in Data Visualization as compared to its competitors. Many Data Visualization software like Tableau, Qlikview available in the market can give you stunning visuals which help understand data much easier but Rstudio has not come upto par with the variety of charts that are available in these tools.

- There are instances of Rstudio crash which are quite frequent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working on R, Rstudio is the the way to go.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

- Rstudio helps tackle data science problems from almost every industry like healthcare, finance, retail, etc

- Instead of using R command line, you can use Rstudio which can help you plot multiple graphs which are saved in different windows and you can view them together.

- You can build R scripts which are easier to share and run on Rstudio.

RStudio review by <span>Sunaina S.</span>
Sunaina S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Data Analytics using RStudio"

What do you like best?

The best thing about RStudio is how user friendly the console is. I can save my code and its easy to run the required lines repeatedly. I do not have to rewrite it. It is easy to install all the required packages.

What do you dislike?

When I want to connect the RStudio with PowerBI its not possible. I need to have R Console

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anytime RStudio is better than R console

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I do most of work on data table using RStudio. It takes only few functions to perform any joins or aggregations on a data unlike Java or any other language. I like the visualization part of dataset which is very convenient.

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"R-Studio"

What do you like best?

Very helpful IDE for R-programming especially for newcomers to R. Highlights errors in real-time that is not available in the R software itself. Most helpful features are the R-Markdown and R-presentation that enables saving the work (source code and output) in MS Word file or a PDF and thus it is presentable to those not using the software. The project can be saved as R-presentation and can be demonstrated online on any computer by uploading the project to Rpubs.com for free. R has very helpful user community that provides useful solutions to many problems.

What do you dislike?

The user needs to have a good idea of many packages to work efficiently (unlike other software such as SAS). Some of the packages cannot be downloaded directly from CRAN mirrors (on the fly using the install.packages command) or from GITHUB. These packages have to be downloaded locally and then installed before loading them. some of the figures/plots cannot be shown on R-presentation or R-HTML although these are generated on the local computers. Generating the pdf in the R-markdown needs installation of additional software (MiKTeX) not provided with R-Studio installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plenty of R-packages are available and the user may need to consider various options before finalizing the analysis and visualization.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I used RStudio for principal component analysis and analysis of observational data using propensity score matching in R.

RStudio review by <span>Bronson B.</span>
Bronson B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Quality product and easy to use "

What do you like best?

Best part about R-Studio is its simplicity. Being able to navigate inputs as tabs, manage your environment, and constantly see what data frames you have helps users with coming back to projects and being able to pick up where they left off with little downtime. It's also nice to navigate packages while keeping your console and code blocks open. Obviously, its nice that its open source as well and that it can deal with very large data sets, but that is unique to R, not RStudio.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't too much I dislike about the program. There are some shortfalls in the ease-of-use if you aren't familiar with R, but in that case you shouldn't be using such a program. The only reason I didn't rate it 10 is due to the fact I've found it prone to crashing.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This has helped me work with other colleagues in R, which has revolutionized how we deal with large datasets. Just working in R console seems daunting to most users, but when they look at the interface of RStudio, it is much more approachable and therefore more people will use it.

RStudio review by <span>Subhadip S.</span>
Subhadip S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Use it regularly for my analytics needs"

What do you like best?

R-Studio provides users with a complete data recovery software with undelete capabilities. Initially developed for data recovery experts, data specialists, IT professionals, and system administrators, R-Studio Data Recovery software is clearly built for advanced and experienced computer users. The software may be a bit confusing for the less experienced users but it also comes with a step by step wizard to help simplify the learning and implementation process.

What do you dislike?

1. Hard to change the size of the windows automatically. E.g. When I use SAS I have the keys set up so that one key runs the analysis, goes to the log window and zooms it to the full screen. AFAIK, in RStudio you have to use the mouse to do this.

2. Use of projects is kind of complex.

3. Some key combinations that are nearly universally used for one thing are used for something else in RStudio e.g. ctrl+R doesn't open a find and replace, it adds a line

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Machine learning, predictive analytics

RStudio review by <span>Zheng Z.</span>
Zheng Z.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good for starters in research"

What do you like best?

RStudio has a well-designed interface that is user friendly & easy to get on with. It is coed-based, so it takes some time to learn this language - which is something a little bit intimidating to those who haven't worked as a coder before. However, it is not hard to learn, and once proficient, you can do so many things in R that takes forever in Excel or SPSS.

Extra point: RStudio is incredibly powerful, that it conjures up data within seconds.

What do you dislike?

It might be mu delusion, but when dataset is super large, RStudio seems to be operating tiny bit slower than R.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be proficient in R - start with using RStudio.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I work in a neuroscience lab, where we intensively use R to analyze neuro-signal data. By using RStudio, we were able to train all our research assistants so that they can use R to analyze data, and this makes everything so much easier. In the past, we have to use Excel or SPSS to analyze data, and putting data into Excel or SPSS has never stopped being a huge pain for everyone. Now with RStudio, just writing down some codes and it automatically drags the data we want. Also, in the past, after the data analysis, we need to pull out the data and create graphs, put them in powerpoint slide. If data changes, we have to start all over again, which will take forever. Now with RStudio, we simply create graphs and slides within R, and if our database changes, all those graphs and slides change automatically. It works so well, that we cannot think of going back to excel & powerpoint - there' simply no point of doing that.

RStudio review by User in Computer Software
User in Computer Software
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Experienced R and R Studio user"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use for first-time learners of R

- Availability in multiple platforms (Mac OS X, Linux, Windows)

- Very comprehensive IDE / Interface

- Ease of installing R Packages

- Debugging capabilities

- Quadrant View (IDE)

- Git Integration

- Sweave / KnitR Support

- Project workspaces

- Open-Source

- User Management (in the Commercial Version)

What do you dislike?

- Commercial edition price is very high (starts at $ 10,000)

- Support is only available via email and response times can be quite high

- Since the support is so limited, I didn't think that the high cost was justified. The main reason we wanted to use it was so that we can get enterprise support which was almost non-existent. When you have a production issue and need to get something fixed, there is no phone support to help you and you need to wait for someone to respond via email.

- The licensing is not perfect. We had a HPC server and every now and then RStudio would stop working because it detected some change in hardware when nothing had in fact happened. This would cause immense issues as no one would be able to access RStudio until it was fixed. Since the support was via email, it meant that there was no option other than informing the business/statistics groups that we were 'waiting to hear back from RStudio'.

- The account manager was hard to get a hold of when we needed. It seemed like they were content with making the sale and not working on maintaining a customer relationship.

- So, while the product is great and has a lot of nice, well-done features, I think the management of the product in the commercial space is sub-optimal and not worth the cost. The quality of development is very high in contrast.

- Alternatives such as Jupyter Notebook (Jupyter Lab), Open Analytics (EU) may be better options

- Using multicore packages sometimes causes issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the benefits of using the open-source version vs commercial prior to making the purchase

It's a 'must-have' if you are using R for development

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

- Enterprise acceptance of RStudio

- Open Source Version has been very stable and is a much better interface to demonstrate R functionalities than using the terminal

- Have used it regularly since it started

RStudio review by <span>Jevgenijs S.</span>
Jevgenijs S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Very solid wrapper for the industry statistics standard "

What do you like best?

The RStudio packs a number of important features that a standard R does not have. These include the ability to use pull-down menus to install packages, plot charts, import data, and execute blocks of the code. RStudio also offers a very nice editor for coding.

What do you dislike?

Despite all advantages, RStudio still stands far from commercial packages like STATA or EVIEWS in terms of its user-friendliness. Having built-in STATA-like abilities to perform regular statistics tasks, like OLS, GMM, time series tools, etc. using pull-down-menus, and duplicated by a code would be immensely helpful.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Economics and Financial analysis of large data. R is very helpful because it is free, massively parallelizable, and has many useful tools other packages do not have.

RStudio review by <span>Eric M.</span>
Eric M.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Fantastic and Powerful Product for Data Processing & Vizualization"

What do you like best?

The capabilities with the rStudio packages as well as the Shiny Deployment platform make rStudio a fantastically powerful platform for processing, analyzing and visualizing data.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a learning curve just like with any programming language. The good news, however is that you can easily make sure that you get up to speed with a good deal of online training that is either low cost or free. That plus the learning curve is far less steep than with Python (however, the power from a systematic perspective is limited as well).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend that you take a look at RSTudio as it implements a very easy way for you to ensure you are able to get acquainted with true data analysis; however, it is not without competition. There are many other suites but you should check to see if integrations for R are available for your organization's data sources and if you can easily get data out of those systems to even begin analysis. If you can't get the data out it does you no good to use a system like rStudio. Regardless, the power and flexibility definitely helps here, but you also may want to investigate Python and some of the more robust capabilities available there if you are looking to build a more scalable system that can deal with greater data prep and magnitude/velocity requests across the board.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Nimble, effective data analysis and visualization.

Predictive forecasting and data plotting.

Manipulation and Data Preparation

RStudio review by <span>Christopher R.</span>
Christopher R.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"IDE for any Data Analyst"

What do you like best?

There are a couple different reasons. 1) Being able to use have all the many features of the R language in a succinct interface enhances productivity so well. 2). The R community and the packages behind the R language give any user the necessary tools to do anything under the sun. It is just finding the right package and then understanding how it should be utilized within the current application one is using. 3). The aesthetic of the UI feels natural and helps the experience to be easy and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

It is built on a web-based platform, there are times that the connection between the R kernel and the IDE. It can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve to the scripting language of R and look overwhelming to those who have not had a background in coding. However, RStudio is the best way to start as it aids the user by giving easy visibility to the data and the R package environment which are both essential elements of the R language.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Well, most of our business data problems have been solved using Excel. Being that Excel is a wonderful tool it has helped. However, it has been difficult to reproduce our analysis. Of course, there is the ability to save multiple copies of the data, but at the end of the day, there isn't a way to easily version an excel file which R and Rstudio have been able to give the RMarkdown and R Notebook structure.

RStudio review by <span>Alberto Q.</span>
Alberto Q.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The most powerful tool for data treatment"

What do you like best?

RStudio is a free and open-source integrated development environment (IDE) for R, one of the most programming language for statistical computing and graphics. What I like most about this tool is a capacity in data preprocessing.

What do you dislike?

What I like the least about RStudio is that if you perform too complex calculations, the computation time increases a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, RStudio is an essential tool for any data analyst due to its capacity and a large number of libraries developed for this platform.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Thanks to RStudio, I have been able to perform the data preprocessing in a simple way. As a consequence, the predictive models obtained next have more accuracy.

RStudio review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy to Use and Great Functionality"

What do you like best?

RStudio makes using R for data science a breeze. I especially love the graphs and charts that I can make using R in RStudio. I am able to preview and format multiple graphs at once and tweak them in just the right way. RStudio also makes it easy to install packages and munge through data.

What do you dislike?

Not so much of a dislike as much of a preference, but I usually use Python to preprocess my data and then use R to visualize it and run algorithms. I find that preprocessing with Python is much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RStudio is great for visualizing and running predictive algorithms on your data.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

RStudio helps me to visualize my data and understand how individuals interact with my product. The graphs that come out of R make it easy to present my findings to other people in the company.

RStudio review by <span>Kevin L.</span>
Kevin L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Wonderful IDE for the R programming language"

What do you like best?

This is a free Integrated Development Environment, which makes is quicker and easier to program in R. I find it much cleaner and easier to use than the native R console.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that you can dislike about a product that is free and makes life easier. The product works well and has no obvious weaknesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free - no reason not to try (and use) it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

RStudio allows me to organize my R scripts and manage my data analysis projects quickly and easily. It provides a much better user interface and experience/

RStudio review by <span>Nelson David C.</span>
Nelson David C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A good tool for every R user"

What do you like best?

R Studio provide the best user interface of the whole package of software. It's amazing the amount of plugins you can use for this tool and generate great samples of work. The great thing about being open source allow everyone who is willing to work with data to use this powerful tool with the option of upgrade the tool.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is the option of language, so far is limited to some languages and even if they have Spanish for example, the translation per se is incomplete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting use the R programming, then this is the best software you can use to keep familiarizing with the environment that offers R.

Also, if you're considering to teach about data or you work at anything that works with data, consider use R and R Studio.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm currently working in Social Media Analytics and I use R Studio to apply analysis of all social media. I use for example for Facebook the plugin "RFacebook" and is very effective at the time of give me all the specification I need to work with; also there is for Twitter, which you can use only if you're linking the option of API with the tool.

RStudio review by <span>Calvin Loan X.</span>
Calvin Loan X.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Excellent tool for novice and power users interested in Big Data and Statistical Research. "

What do you like best?

R-Studio is an free integrated development environment (IDE) that is generally easy to use and learn for novice and power users alike. The multiple framed windows allows the user to multi-task and seamlessly access data streams, work on the R-Code and view the results within the console or the built-in graphical interface.

R-Studio comes with a vast database of add-on packages that can easily be installed within software and allows the users to greatly take advantage of the R-language to many applications beyond just pure Statistical Research.

What do you dislike?

The built-in HELP command provides syntax and context on the add-on package. However, it can be confusing to understand depending on which package you use. There does not seem to be a standard tutorial for these packages and I usually end up finding the resource I need from a web search externally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no cost of using R-Studio and there is quite a lot of forums and community support around the R-language and its add-on packages. However, there is a steep-learning curve when it comes to R (but not uncommon with other programming language). But it is not the most easily adaptable to cloud-based Big Data clusters such as Hadoop where the supported language is Python.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I used R-Studio to mine Twitter feeds and analyze the sentiment of these feeds all through using R-Studio's built-in packages. The reproduce-ability of the code and the flexibility it offers is priceless. And did I mention it's also a freeware?

RStudio review by Consultant
Consultant
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"RStudio is great!"

What do you like best?

There's a terminal for executing R commands and you can view various plots that you'd like to see. For example, recently I've had to make a lot of violin plots of various groups within an agricultural dataset, and RStudio was able to effectively show me all the variation within the groups quickly and effectively, and is able to parse all that data, probably over a gigabyte

What do you dislike?

R itself isn't too nice to use, for certain cases. For example, I've had to stitch reports together but it was somewhat more annoying to do. This may be a critical drawback if you create many reports in the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Doesn't necessarily help you learn R, so learn that first before using RStudio.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Data analysis of various data sets

RStudio review by <span>likitha j.</span>
likitha j.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"R language"

What do you like best?

its open source and also its so innovative and also data analysis is very efficient while using it. it has very flexible tools to do what ever we want and mould it in a way to enhance the techniques and get the desired output in many ways of representation. It has several packages or plugins focused on data visualization. In the case of R, two of the most commonly used are ggplot2, a library that allows bar, point, line, area, maps and scale charts. ggplot2 depends on other packages that need to be downloaded and installed, such as ‘itertools’, ‘iterators’, ‘reshape’, ‘proto’, ‘plyr’, ‘RColorBrewer’, ’digest’ and ‘colorspace’. Another plugin for R programmers to make visualizations with big data is rgl, which enables the creation of 3D graphics in real time.

What do you dislike?

nothing much about it as we started learning since a week. It has new techniques which help me solve the problems within less time.R is a slow programming language: this tends to be one of the recurrent complaints mentioned by developers when asked about the drawbacks of programming with R. Although this is widely acknowledged by almost everyone, it's also true that some programmers explain this lack of speed by the fact that many of the packages used to add features are not developed in R, but in other syntaxes such as Fortran and C++.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is very much helpful while using big data and computations on it

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

we want to do some data analysis with it for the IRS site and couldn't download and perform good operations with node so we switched from node to r language and it worked quite well.

RStudio review by <span>Leigh C.</span>
Leigh C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"RStudio is a key component of daily data analysis and visualisation"

What do you like best?

RStudio allows you to keep all your most-used R windows connected in one screen, with easy navigation. It also includes numerous customisation options for window placement, aesthetics like text/background colour scheme, and easy package download & organisation.

What do you dislike?

Really, there's not much to dislike. The lack of sync between R and Rstudio updates is annoying, but that's not really avoidable since they're two completely different pieces of software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far my preferred GUI for implementing R software

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use RStudio daily for data analysis and visualisation. It allows for increase in organisation of data and decrease in time spent on analyses.

RStudio review by <span>Mounika C.</span>
Mounika C.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"R studio for R programming"

What do you like best?

R studio is very friendly software for user who are coding in R programming. Best Integrated Development Environment for coding in R. Visualizing and analyzing the data is best option in R studio. Packages it provides are very useful and easy to reload like in Eclipse. we can not only create new files but can also import data sets and also visualize them.

Even though the system looks and feels very technical, users will be able to navigate easily through everything once they figured out that everything is listed in tabs and on a directory tree.

Many Pre-loaded algorithms to visualize the data for example algorithms like K-means, SVM, Regression etc.

What do you dislike?

While loading the software, it takes some time. R studio also struck sometimes while importing the data sets as the file size is larger.

Graphics and UI look can be improved as it looks basic and have to improve the resolution of the graphs.

Graphics can only be generated by coding, it would be nice to have options to touch up the produced plots manually, similar to GraphPad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best IDE for R programming

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm currently doing my research on Time series where i use R studio for analysis and visualizing the data. we import data sets and do statistical analysis on it like predicting prices of stocks and we use support vector machine algorithm mostly.

Best I D E to code in R programming.

RStudio review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The best program to perform any kind of analysis"

What do you like best?

The flexibility. The range of libraries allows the user to do any analysis, and the open-source is perfect to implement your own scripts and analysis. The community is very strong and the backup and the possibility of getting help is very high. You can also contact with the own authors of the packages and libraries to ask questions.

What do you dislike?

The need of writing code could be a problem if you are not familiar with programming. The possibility of having a bug in the library could be a problem, but the majority of the packages are constanly updtating and solving problems like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate, RStudio is the right option to data analysis and data visualization

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Statistical analysis and data visualization

RStudio review by <span>Neha C.</span>
Neha C.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"A great tool for statistical analysis"

What do you like best?

It is open source and hence, free! Its easy to install.The multiple screen view to see the code,output, logs at the same time enhances user experience.

What do you dislike?

The plots cannot be seen for multiple commands at the same time. Once you move to the next plot, the previous once vanishes. This ability of multiple plots is present in Jupyter Python notebook but not in RStudio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you want to work with regression,classification models. If you are considering a data visualization tool, I would recommend using Tableau or visualization packages in Python!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I used to analyze manufacturing data set of a semiconductor firm and design a predictive model that indicates fault rates in manufacturing equipment with high accuracy.

RStudio review by User in Research
User in Research
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"My go-to IDE for R coding"

What do you like best?

It has a clean and intuitive user interface. Loading and visualizing data can also be done via the "Import Dataset" which opens up an explorer and helps to set the right parameters to load the desired data. Also, plots can be viewed and exported easily in various formats.

What do you dislike?

When viewing a table in the built-in table viewer, only a certain amount of rows are visible. It would be helpful to expand the table in a pop-up similar as it is possible for graphics. Also, being able to save the table by right click would be helpful.

Graphics can only be generated by coding, it would be nice to have options to touch up the produced plots manually, similar to GraphPad.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I work in biomedical research and use R and Bioconductor a lot. Whenever I am coding in R I am using RStudio. Applications vary from inspecting and summarizing big datasets, performing statistical analysis, making publication-ready graphics, as well as using the many available packages to solve biological questions.

RStudio review by <span>Prateek S.</span>
Prateek S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"great tool for data science and statisticians"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is just great. really easy to learn and powerful tool to work with. Availability of the packages

The number of jobs options a person can get with this tool is great.

What do you dislike?

The GUI is not that great. Only if it was more intuitive. It needs to be more dynamic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a lot of youtube videos and libraries available to learn from. i mostly use it for analyzing data sets

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am analyzing datasets using R-Studio. Benefits over tools like Excel is the option to use inbuilt functions.

RStudio review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"RStudio"

What do you like best?

I love how well the code works with displaying data visualization and how easy it is to install libraries. Works very well with machine learning libraries. I like how environment variables are displayed individually and how easy it is to work with the environment. Overall a good product. R in general is a relatively easy language to work with when you understand the core concepts.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how it doesn’t have the ability to connect to external databases very easily, and the databases it can connect with are limited. It also doesn’t integrate with other technology vey easily compared to some cloud providers, who can implement machine learning and deploy as a web service automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start off simple and work forward with it. Keep codes clean as many variables can lead to a complex environment.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are using machine learning for predictive analytics with various problems around our business. We are able to analyze the data to find patterns that may not be immediately apparent to the business side.

RStudio review by <span>Kat C.</span>
Kat C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"You better know how to look up random coding, but it's the best there is....and FREE!"

What do you like best?

I have never done any kind of computer programming before and it was amazing to see simple commands transform into such beautiful graphs, tables, and analyses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that R is constantly being updated, but the individual packages cannot keep up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In psychology, RStudio does not allow you to not know your statistics and research design. Since the replication crisis in science, SPSS has been on its way out.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am writing an MSc Dissertation about individual differences and likelihood of a career in STEM fields. I hope to study entry-level attrition in the workforce in the future.

RStudio review by <span>Sergio P.</span>
Sergio P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Basic to work in data science related jobs"

What do you like best?

Versatile and simpler than R interface itself. You can customize it to create everything you can think of. Also you have a big community behind this tool, so you may discover the answer to your business problems easy through a solution or ideas in a forum or specialized website.

What do you dislike?

At first is difficult to know how access new packages or new tools to improve your work, so it could be very frustrating at first without learning tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a very good choice. It's cheap and also very powerful tool.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Analyze data mainly to resolve business problems and data visualization graphs, but you can process and manipulate the data too.

RStudio review by <span>Luis M.</span>
Luis M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Light programing to complete large tasks."

What do you like best?

I like the user interface, where I can have multiple windows open showing the plots I am making while still being able to manipulate the code.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, This is just a program that requires so studying to really get tasks done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve, but there is a lot of content on the internet that can help in finding different uses.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am making box plots for the data in my analysis much quicker.

RStudio review by <span>Adam W.</span>
Adam W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Powerful program but not too user friendly"

What do you like best?

This is my favorite of all the file recovery software I've tried. I like the interface and scan mechanism and the ability to save scan information. It searches for known file types along with unknown and has helped recover important files.

What do you dislike?

The software is not too user friendly. Once a scan has been completed you are presented with multiple results organized in a sort of directory tree. Exactly what the difference is between the branches of the tree are I'm not sure, and if there's a way to focus your results better, I'm not sure about that either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is powerful, affordable, and has good support.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Accidentally deleted files is problem in any environment, recovering them is the benefit.

RStudio review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Most Popular GUI based IDE for R programming"

What do you like best?

R Studio has an amazing User Interface with all the different windows providing bird eye view of the data with a vast array of function and libraries available which are easy to install and use. R Studio has all the other features that are expected from an IDE for such a strong language

What do you dislike?

The installation process is complicated when installing for the first time. Also, the layout can get clumsy sometimes. The memory usage needs to be optimized so that variables and functions can work more efficiently.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

R Studio has helped me in various Data Analysis projects with K Mean Clustring, Naive Bayes and Decision Tree based data analysis and prediction.

RStudio review by <span>Jake T.</span>
Jake T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"RStudio is the best IDE for R, hands down"

What do you like best?

RStudio makes using R a pleasure, giving you all the tools you need to do data science well and easily.

What do you dislike?

It still lacks a few features, namely a good way to explore available packages and an integrated way to clearly view complex list objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using RStudio (rather than vanilla R) is worth a go: the price is right (free!) and the features are amazing. It turns a relatively painful experience into something you'll want do every day.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use RStudio every day--R is my go-to language for both data science and data management. I fire up RStudio any time I have a data related problem or question. It makes jumping between script writing and interactive console work a pleasure and being able to see what objects exist in my environment plus a view of the working directory removes a ton of the cognitive load.

The autocomplete tools are spectacular, as is the ability to write your own autocomplete snippets--I begin every script with a quick snipped that loads the libraries I use every day.

In short, RStudio makes using R easy and simple. Combined with dplyr, it provides almost everything I need to get my job done quickly and efficiently.

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Must-have software for all R users."

What do you like best?

- Makes R even better.

- It helps you know which objects / datasets you are working with at all times.

- The windows help you navigate through graphs and help files.

- It is free.

- It helps you keep your sanity while using R.

What do you dislike?

Well, it makes R very user-friendly. I am not sure how I feel about that.

In more serious terms, sometimes you might run into compatibility issues with certain R packages. During my five-year experience with RStudio, I run into a total number of "1" compatibility issue. I survived.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using RStudio now!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I teach research methods using R and also use R in my own research (did I mention R and RStudio are both free?). The main benefit of RStudio is basically making R into more of a software. Otherwise, R is a command-line program. Try explaining command-line to a 18 year-old PR student, I dare you!

RStudio review by <span>Alberto T.</span>
Alberto T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great IDE for teaching R courses"

What do you like best?

RStudio is a very simple but powerful IDE, ideal for people new to either R or programming. It can be installed in any major OS (Windows, Linux, MacOS) in a short amount of time, usually without any problems. It combines a simple editor, terminal and variable window that makes it feel like a Matlab-like environment, which is great for beginners or for people coming from other languages like Matlab.

What do you dislike?

There is very few things to dislike about RStudio, since it is probably the best R IDE out there. However, some areas for improvement are the simple IDE and graphics handling (sometimes a little buggy).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are learning R, RStudio is the way to go. I also found it useful when teaching R courses, since the students (usually new to programming) can get the IDE up and running very quickly and everything is much more visual (they do not have to keep track of the objects in memory, and so on.)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm teaching R courses using this IDE and I also use it myself when doing research in R.

RStudio review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Medical Practice
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Medical Practice
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"A True Game Changer in Data Analytics"

What do you like best?

There's so much I can say about R, so I will try and make it short. Firstly, it is an open source tool, which means you can download it for free (for non-commercial purposes)! There are licensing charges for enterprises but it isn't terribly expensive, especially for all that it can do. There are so many add-ons/packages (ggplot2, dplyr, etc.) that allow you to perform specific tasks with ease. R really takes data analysis to the next level and allow you to combine that with enhanced data visualization to know only interpret your data, but display it to your audience.

What do you dislike?

For people who have no background in coding of any kind, it can be quite the learning curve. It really takes getting your hands dirty and digging in. The more you practice, the better you get. Like I said earlier, it is FREE, so download it and just starting practicing with some open source data sets.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I work as an analyst for a large healthcare system, and I analysis data from millions of medical records. Performing even some simple statistical analysis would be highly cumbersome in, let's say Excel, with so much data that needs to be analyzed. But R allows me to import that data and perform these procedures with ease. Also, this data needs to be presented to executive level staff so that can use it to make important decision, so packages such as ggplot2 allow me to create visually impactful data visualizations.

RStudio review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Is RStudio up to face competition? hmmm.. maybe not."

What do you like best?

I love the way it has integrated code completion, help manuals for any package and also the possibility to integrate custom tools to its addins. IT also allows us to view what's loaded in the global environment and even see the structure of objects.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to run parallel processes within the editor. It all must be handled by R and not even all the operations can be scaled. There should be more addins available. Code formatting is inconsistent and makes your code unreadable at some point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other tools out there that might be easier to use for neofites. But I strongly recommend this tool for anybody wanting to learning predictive analytics or datascience. That being said, I would nto recommend it for data exploration since Excel or SAP Lumira is more powerfull than this. Trifacta is also another good tool to explore your data. But when it comes to modeling, math enthousiasts will love RStudio.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am EAM analyst and I need to perform regression testing and analysis. I also need to build models for our reliability group.

RStudio review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Flexibility with a learning curve"

What do you like best?

RStudio is massively capable and flexible, and there is a large online community of R users that are very helpful. Finally, the software is free.

What do you dislike?

The only negatives, which really aren't a big deal, are that learning the coding language for R takes some time (like any other language), and that sometimes when you are dealing with large data sets and complicated models, the program can get bogged down and be slow. This last issue is really more of a computer issue, but the software contributes.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We do all of our analyses and data wrangling in RStudio. In addition, RStudio has a multitude of options for data visualization and reporting/presenting data.

RStudio review by <span>Misty R.</span>
Misty R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Makes R More Approachable"

What do you like best?

The interface is much more familiar to people like me, who have programming experience in other statistical software packages but not much other programming background. I also LOVE that R and RStudio are free.

What do you dislike?

I still find R to have a steep learning curve, but RStudio helps make the transition a bit easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think RStudio is great for people who are just beginning to work with R.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use R for data management, social network analysis, and statistical analysis.

RStudio review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"R-Studio Review "

What do you like best?

I liked how accurate the R studio was in its calculations and how precise it was in the formation of graphs. It also is a good program for someone who is not familiar with coding. The program gives you great feedback and hints when you are typing in your code. I also love the variety of data that R-studio can process.

What do you dislike?

I am not very familiar with this type of coding, so I found R-studio to be complicated and frustrating at times. It was also very sensitive to certain types of data, which was also frustrating. I did not like how much time it can take with certain types of data analyzing. I also found that it is not the simplest type of code that a beginner can start with like java or Pythagoras.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I primarily use R studio for data visualization. It is an accurate way for me to enter data and see a line of best fit graph drawn. It is also good for spectrometry data. It was a good program to use with people who are not familiar with coding.

RStudio review by User in Retail
User in Retail
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Learning R and using currently for logistic regression and learning how to forecast category sales"

What do you like best?

I really like everything about RStudio. Very well structured interface. Really good resources for help and learning within the interface. It is free and open sourced. You can use built in functions within packages and you can also create your own functions and packages in RStudio. You can connect to other databases. For example I use SQL for work also and can create tables and populate these tables all in R and they will populate into SQL.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't really dislike anything about R.But I'm very new to R, maybe after gaining more experience I might have some dislikes.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Logistic Regression used to calculate probabilities based on customer spending and demographic data used as inputs to give coefficients. This was great, because we did a free trail with SPSS which is expensive. I was able to replicate what we were doing in SPSS in RStudio. Currently learning how to forecast for 12 months. Right now we use Excel Macros for this but only for the next 30 days. Once I figured out how to extend to 12 months, it is very time consuming. I'm hoping RStudio will make this process more efficient.

RStudio review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"MAIN IDE FOR R"

What do you like best?

Rstudio is extremely user friendly and has everything you could possibly want from R. It breaks it down into 4 panels. The first panel is simple vanilla R. The other one is a scripting place for you to write and edit R code nicely. The other one is your environment which shows you which variables and functions you have created (trust me your gonna want to know this) and the last one shows your directory, packages, and much more. R is complicated on its own and the IDE here helps break it down and become more user friendly. Trust, your gonna want to use this for R

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, they update R studio every while and the team that does this is remarkable. One thing I disliked was that they did not help show the directory of your files (trust this was a pain trying to figure out and get wording right), but they recently updated it to include an import dataset button which figures out your file and gives you correct directory along with the code. It is really good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

What business problems are you solving with R Studio? What benefits have you realized?

The problems that are being solved is a working station for data analysis and a way to utilize a statistical programming language like for proper analysis. This IDE is really friendly and has much better features than other IDE's ive tried. You would not be disappointed.

RStudio review by <span>Hannah L.</span>
Hannah L.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great for data analysis and modeling"

What do you like best?

RStudio is incredibly user-friendly and presents an aesthetically pleasing and simple interface for data analysis through R. Additionally, it contains a vast repository of information regarding its functions, making it easier even for a beginner to pick up on how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when working on multiple projects, it has a tendency to slow down, which can make working with large files a little difficult. Image quality defaults can also be a little low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for anyone doing data analysis, across all fields.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have used RStudio to model biological systems and sort through large data relevant to my current research. I have also used it to generate figures for publication.

RStudio review by <span>Abhishek T.</span>
Abhishek T.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Better than R GUI"

What do you like best?

Easy installation of libraries through a wizard. Clean UI and theme options are what separates it from R GUI. Offers excellent set of libraries for data visualization and statistics.

What do you dislike?

Global environment variables sometimes do not clean entirely. Sometimes, the saved scripts fail to load. The workaround for this issue is to reload them with encoding. The encoder to be used is UTF- 8

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always keep the software to up to date to stay updated to new libraries.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am trying to do prescriptive analytics and run regression on my data. The commands and methods required for analysis are pretty straightforward and do not require much to be remembered.

RStudio review by <span>Aryam S.</span>
Aryam S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"It's one of the most complete programs I've tried in my career "

What do you like best?

I love that it is a program with a lot of capacity, the infinity of packages that you can download to perform another type of analysis is very broad, Its interface has improved a lot, it is much more pleasant. From its interface you can visualize the graphs, make dashboard, use markup language, connect with different databases, it is a very complete program

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program stays stuck, sometimes the packages have not been updated, sometimes you do not get enough help to use the packages

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It has helped us resolve information arrangements. It has achieved the automation of query processes to the database with PostgreSQL

RStudio review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best tool to work with R"

What do you like best?

Using R Studio is the reason why I was able to pick up programming in R. It is easy to use and the layout is ideal. I also like that it's easy to update packages and that see if you have the packages checked off to use.

What do you dislike?

It seems like I am able to crash it pretty easily and that's frustrating to wait for it to load back up again. It is a little annoying the way that you have to have the correct library file path and work space to be consistent. Also it is a little annoying that you have to check off or run code to include a library for analysis. It can also be a little slow to run analysis with. I am not impressed with certain graphs and maps. Other than that, there are not many downfalls with R Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn it and look into Tidyverse packages. It is worth having a decent programming background, although it is not necessary. R studio is a great overall tool for R users and there is no other IDE that I would use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I worked on numerous different business problems. I mainly focus on statistics, machine learning techniques, and sentiment analysis. I do a lot of graphical output and have worked with maps before. Creating maps are a little time consuming, although there are a lot of packages and tools available to combat it.

RStudio review by <span>Cao D.</span>
Cao D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The best IDE for R"

What do you like best?

R-studio is well designed to offer a integrated development environment. It features a console, syntax-highlighting editor that supports direct code execution, as well as tools for plotting, history, debugging and workspace management. What's the most excellent thing is it not only offers the automatic code completion, but also the automatic file path completion. It really save a lot of time to help you interact with the exterior environment.

What do you dislike?

If I have to list something I do not like about Rstudio, I may say the Rstudio for MAC may collapse when I was using parallel method computing huge calculations and it may not save the latest revision I made before the collapse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You gotta install R first before you install R-Studio

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use Rstudio to work on the data analysis by R. Mostly, the problems I got are from the academical project. And up to now, the R and Rstudio has helped me successfully completed several projects.

RStudio review by <span>Jyoti R.</span>
Jyoti R.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"R Studio review"

What do you like best?

I am working on important projects on data mining. R-Studio is one of the best tool for doing the project on data analysis. It has many packages for various features. The packages are easy to install. You can easily execute R programs by using this tool. The interface is great, stable and it provides great set of features.

What do you dislike?

The installation in Ubuntu can be a little difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool for R.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am using R-Studio to work on my projects. It is great software to work on data analysis. It provides lot of packages to all features.

RStudio review by <span>Sergio S.</span>
Sergio S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"The best tool to do your data analysis with R"

What do you like best?

I love its user interface and how it manages the use of different scripts. For example, one of the features that I use the most is the merge function that allows me to join my databases. Another thing that I like the most is being able to upload my databases using the import-dataset button

What do you dislike?

It takes too long to compute loops.

It does not make it clear if you are performing calculations when the data set is too big.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is possibly the best tool for statistical data analysis.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I usually use this tool to carry out all the descriptive statistics that I have to do for our projects.

RStudio review by <span>Raul G.</span>
Raul G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Flexible, no-frills workspace"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, flexibility to adjust the screen layout, and ability to easily interact with the base R server. It provides an easy to use interface to access most of the features available in R.

What do you dislike?

The syntax highlighting could use some improvement to bring it up to par with other editors such as Atom or Notepad++, for example.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The vast collection of statistical packages in R is easily available through RStudio. I have been using RStudio to analyze large financial datasets for many years. Some of the more tedious housekeeping tasks in R are nicely handle by RStudio.

RStudio review by Consultant
Consultant
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Easy to integrate and use"

What do you like best?

The interface it provides to work with R

Data visualization is easy with R Studio. Other ways to use R have very unintuitive and difficult to use interfaces

Can directly use the graphs and charts in my reports.

Importing the files of other users is easy. So, portability of code is definitely made easy using R studio.

It also supports and integrates multiple languages.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to load the environment. Takes time to process large data sets. But its still one of the best interfaces to use R.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a tool one should have. It can perform multiple functions for the users and help in better productivity

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I try to optimize the portfolios and make investment decisions. The ease of processing is the major benefit.

I generally use predictive analysis using R. Also, it helps in getting visual output for the problem at hand. Can easily use the graphs directly in my reports.

RStudio review by User in Music
User in Music
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"I recommend rstudio"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to learn from the beginning, but that the advanced features are there when you need them. It's great that rstudio is opensource, as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that compiling latex can take so long, but that is to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. If you're going to be using R to do predictive analytics or data visualization, using Rstudio will only help you along the way.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Rstudio provides data visualization and has helped develop insights into data. It is also a good IDE to practice and learn R. Having a helpful working environment has made the learning curve easier to deal with.

RStudio review by <span>Likhit K.</span>
Likhit K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"R studio - A pefect IDE for R programming."

What do you like best?

Good Organization and clean/neat interface

Easy to compute

Very Stable to work with as it takes large data to work with.

Easy installation.

Not much effort needed to work with new package.

On-line resources to overcome your problem facing while working.

What do you dislike?

Even though working with packages is easy sometimes face problem with installing some package and its functions not all meets our requirement .

Problem exists while running the code.

Debugging is not so easy.

No clean ending is found or so called line-breaks is lagging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want to work on data handling and its stuff.

start working with this product and become familiarized with it.

It meets all our requirement for our job to be done.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Working on data analysis project it helps me to handle heavy data. It meets all my requirements with out much hurdles to take on while solving my problem.

RStudio review by <span>Alexandria C.</span>
Alexandria C.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"User friendly with many analytic potentials"

What do you like best?

R studio is much more user friendly than classic R. As a coding language, it’s easier to learn than other softwares. The internet has great advice and guidance on how to code what you’re trying to code.

What do you dislike?

I wish the built in help was better. I wish there was a built in user manual like Stata has.I have to rely on the internet to figure certain things out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice coding and get familiar with web forums of people who provide coding advice

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I used R for mapping election results, and running predictive and causal regressions on energy usage.

RStudio review by User in Computer Software
User in Computer Software
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Analyst of web applications performance"

What do you like best?

Rstudio for me is the principal tool that i use for the analysis of the monitor reports extracted from Dynatrace DCRUM. I like the IDE and the possibility to have all that i need in a application.

I can produce all my Rmarkdown reproducibiles reports , with charts and table, using only an instrument.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have a best editor for R like sublime text or IntelliJ with more shortcuts editing features

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me is"the tool" if anyone make any type of data analysis with R language

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Rapid creations of reproducible reports in a only one instrument has increase the speed of my application performance analysis

RStudio review by <span>Harish S.</span>
Harish S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"R studio must use tool Data analytics"

What do you like best?

I am doing my major projects on data mining. I found R studio as best tool for doing project on data analysis. It provides many packages for different features. These packages are easy to install, just by one click. R programs can be easily executable using R studio. The interface of r studio is better than r software. It is more stable and gives all features for r programs. It can be used in all platforms, multi platform tool. It can handle large set of data without any crash.

What do you dislike?

I found installation little difficult while installing it in Ubuntu, some strange errors. Interface is little boring, it can be still improved. Except these, R studio community providing great support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a must know software for data analysis. It is free and mutli platform so anybody can easily get this. Go for this tool.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am working on my project using R studio. It is best suited software to work on data analysis. It provided many packages to all features.

RStudio review by <span>vivek k.</span>
vivek k.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"R Studio Review"

What do you like best?

I like the R studio due to it is open source so we can use any where and its runs on any platforms like windows, Linux and Mac. i like the plotting feature of R for any statistical data. visualization of the data is so easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i feel that R is so easy to understand for engineering student who learn C and C++ in starting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes of course i want to everyone who is using SAS (Statistical Analysis System) or Python must be using R Studio as well.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

basically i use the R Studio for data visualization and sometimes for analysis the data as well.

RStudio review by <span>Kiran K.</span>
Kiran K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best tool for Data Analytics"

What do you like best?

R studio is one of the best IDE tool for data analysis. For R programmers, R studio provides the best way to run R programs. It has a great interface, easy to execute programs. There are lots of packages available in

R-studio, which can be easily installed. This is the must known tool for Data Analysis. It is free software. R-studio supports in multi platform like windows, Linux and Mac. For any problems we can find answers easily with R community. It can handle large data without much trouble.

What do you dislike?

The command interface is a little confusing. The copy/paste doesn't works properly, while pasting some strange things get copies, it is frustrating. Sometimes won't run at all, asks for restarting R.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are learning about data analysis or data mining things, then R-studio is must use software. It is free and anybody can download it. You can analyze the data more effectively.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As a engineer student I do many projects on data analysis, R providing a great support for this. R-studio is only one known software by many data analysts.

RStudio review by <span>Jerry (Jie) J.</span>
Jerry (Jie) J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best of the bests"

What do you like best?

I have been using R and Rstudio for ~5 years in data analytics and modeling. R-Studio is definitely the must-have tool for me and one of the first few tools I installed for every new laptop.

1. This is not a substitute of R, this is a must-have improvement of R, and without it, your life will be a mess.

2. Fortunately R-Studio is also the only perfect IDE for R and also being a perfect one (not having other options is better sometimes...)

3. It's for the most of the time, very stable, and never encounter any problem.

4. It's actively managed and updated, while the company behind it also provides so many excellent R related tools, like shiny.

5. R-Studio has very much everything you need for working with R, and the interface is very flexible and rich.

6. Being even more perfect, R-Stuidio has a server version, and I actually install that in my ubuntu of VM, which is much more powerful than my Mac, and also allows to run code 7*24.

What do you dislike?

Very few ares of improvement:

1. Sometimes, if you cancel a running code, R-Studio will fail or ask you to restart the app, not for sure if this is because of R-Studio, or the R-base behind that. So I cannot really blame R-Studio

2. Can make it run code more efficient, i.e. use multi-cores of CPU or even GPU.

2. That are the only complaints I have for R-Studio

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you work with R, the only and best option.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use R-Studio to work on all data manipulation, data analytics and model building, and use the result to make data-driven decisions. This is the tool I use after I got data from database.

RStudio review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"RStudio Review"

What do you like best?

Very powerful IDE for development related to R language and Data Analytics !!

Can include loads of packages and libraries which can be very helpful in visualizing data efficiently.

In built version control feature available with RStudio.

Various build tools can be configured within the IDE

What do you dislike?

Slow boot up and load time.

IDE can be a lot more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very powerful IDE while developing Predictive Analytics applications in Data Science field. I will certainly recommend it !!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Helps in developing real time analytics applications. Provides lot of libraries for performing mathematical and data related computations on high volume data files.

RStudio review by <span>Stergios S.</span>
Stergios S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Novice user of RStudio for data anlaytics"

What do you like best?

I like the compact and simple design and the fact that it reminds me of other scientific software that I used in the past (e.g. Matlab).

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that user interface options are not available (e.g. skins).

Recommendations to others considering the product

De facto standard for R language.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am a novice user of RStudio. I have used it mainly to familiarize myself with R in Windows 7 and Ubuntu environments.

RStudio review by User in Hospital & Health Care
User in Hospital & Health Care
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"RStudio makes statistics easy for everyone, and it's free! "

What do you like best?

RStudio is remarkably accessible for everyone to use. The interface is clear and easy to use even for beginner researchers who have little statistical experience. There are also many websites online teaching how to use it. Plus, the software is free, which is so great for anyone who wants to do statistical analyses, whether students or professionals. What more can you ask for>

What do you dislike?

I have run into glitches in the past where despite correct coding, a set of code cannot find my data file on my computer, requiring me to have to create a new RStudio data file and copy and past all my code into a new set of code. Not hard because you just have to copy and paste everything, just annoying/frustrating when it occurs, especially if you're in the middle of running analyses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Takes a while to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's the best beginners' statistical analysis software out there. And it's free!!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Easy to use statistical software that allows me to do quick data analysis whenever I want. The coding platform is easy to add new lines of code to in order to accommodate whatever new analysis I want.

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"R Studio"

What do you like best?

This program is easy to use if you come from a computer programming background. It is straight forward and the data it gives back is easy to read. There are many forums on the internet that will assist users in learning the code.

What do you dislike?

Learning how to use the code aspect of the program can be cumbersome. It takes a lot of practice and repetition. Take time to learn the coding that you need to run your stats. This process often takes longer than running the data as things will not run unless the code is 100% correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn the coding that you need to run your stats. This process often takes longer than running the data as things will not run unless the code is 100% correct.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Data analysis is often faster and easier for many people to understand after the coding process is learned.

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great software for beginners learning to code!"

What do you like best?

The interface of RStudio is great. Once you assign a name to a certain dataframe or object, it stores it in the environment and you can always view them. It is also really easy to install new packages. It is also open source, which is great, and all the packages are freely available and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I am looking for certain tools they don't pop up in the Help section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for beginners. Really versatile and the many packages allow you to do many different things very easily.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am a beginner but I am able to do simple analyses that would otherwise take forever to do in Excel. I am also able to easily make charts and diagrams and if the data changes it is easy to rerun the script.

RStudio review by <span>yinghao p.</span>
yinghao p.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"R is wonderful"

What do you like best?

The best part about Rstudio is its interface which is really easy to use and read. Not to mention when it comes to graph and plot, Rstudio makes it easy to plot. Unlike the R console itself, it is hard to use without an GUI.

What do you dislike?

Actually there is nothing i against Rstudio. But if i have to think of one thing. I would say its some required package that R studio cannot install

Recommendations to others considering the product

RStudio is heading to a correct direction. There is really not much I can suggest but i do recommend.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Performing Data analysis, Data cleaning, building Model. The benefits is.. its free!

RStudio review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"R made accessible"

What do you like best?

R-Studio was the interface I needed to finally make switching to R for all of my analysis needs palatable. I've previously used SAS, SPSS, STATA, PC-ORD, and CETIS for statistical analysis, and I had resisted switching to R due to the learning curve. Stumbling across R-Studio was the push I needed to finally make the jump. It automates many nuisance commands (e.g., importing data), automatically adds necessary syntax while typing, suggests commands/data frames/parameters based on partial text, and even has a convenient window that links to R help pages. And it does all of this in a much more attractive package than base R (if that matters to you).

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's not much to dislike. It would be nice to have menu-driven configuration for basic and/or common analyses a la SPSS or R Commander, but really that's more of a wishlist item than anything else. I imagine that as I become more experienced with R that even that minor quibble will fade as

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend R-Studio f you are considering using R or another flexible statistical programming environment. If you are new to R, it helps to reduce the learning curve (though there is still a learning curve), and if you are more experienced (than me, at any rate) I would imagine that the partial text and auto-syntax features will help improve your productivity. Give it a try - the base versions are free, so you really don't have anything to lose.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are a small consultancy that performs custom environmental research, and our statistical needs vary depending on the questions being asked and where the research process takes us. R is incredibly extensible and has extensive online help, so it is ideal for our needs. R-Studio has allowed us to access R while making the learning curve much more gentle.

RStudio review by <span>Ryan S.</span>
Ryan S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Phenomenal IDE for Data Analysis"

What do you like best?

R Studio covers just about all of my needs when it comes to data analysis. The team at R Studio clearly cares about the user experience and continues to develop products that make working with data and R easier.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I dislike any situation where I have to use another tool to interact with data. R Studio is the best.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

R Studio is the place that we do all of our data analysis, exploration, and modeling. This has brought much more depth of understanding to our data and our business metrics.

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Usage of R for Epidemiology Research Data Analytics "

What do you like best?

Can always achieve data analysis goals with this product.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the help interface is arcane and can pose issues when searching for coding solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone involved with big data, epidemiological research should use RStudio. Be sure to take advantage of the HELP option to work through problems with code.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Solving epidemiological data analyses in contribution to our research projects which are expected to see patients of radiation therapy. RStudio enables our data analyses which in turn contributes to product realization. Currently we have validated the usage of our research tool using data analytics with RStudio; we continue working towards validation in analogous but different contexts of radiation therapy.

RStudio review by Consultant
Consultant
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"R usage in Data Analytics"

What do you like best?

The analysis done using R...and its easy to do statistical computations and graphical representation of data makes its easy .Main useful areas are : Data visualizations,R MarkDown Reports and shiny applications to a big pipeline.

What do you dislike?

Not used by major companies in the market.Out of many tools, R is popular but people still use other languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many people chose python but R is also equally useful.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Easy way of writing scripts,makes it convenient to interact with objects stored in the environment, makes graphics more accessible to even a normal user.

RStudio review by <span>Cory J.</span>
Cory J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"I use R Studio almost everyday to clean data or run regressions for my job as a data analyst."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to take big data sets and clean them quickly in R. It can handle so much more than excel could, also I love that it is open source and there is always an answer on google if I am unsure how to do something.

What do you dislike?

I think sometimes R does break, I will know a code is correct and it will not work. All I have to do is restart R and magically the same code will work. Other than that I love R Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an amazing product, the most important thing to me is the online support and the fact that it is open sourced. It is really a great tool for companies just starting out in analytics.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am solving our interest rate risk, as well as credit rate risk. Also predictive modeling of premiums on the secondary market. As a bank we operate much smoother now that we have an analytics team using R studio every day.

RStudio review by <span>Henry G.</span>
Henry G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Only thing I use for R development!"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy view code, output, and error all in the same screen. Additionally, installing R libraries is easy and you can just search for them and the names will autopopulate as you begin to type.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike about this product yet. I use it professionally and for a graduate program and have no gripes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! Seems to be an industry standard.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am doing linear and logistic regression as well as time series forecasting. It is very easy to write the program then test it out for production use a .bat file.

RStudio review by User in Internet
User in Internet
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great IDE for both beginner and advanced R users"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to install and get it going if you have past experience with programming. Built in functionalities to keep track of variables and get quick information on R functions without having to leave RStudio is a big plus. Easy access to charts/plots also a plus.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little daunting for someone with no prior programming experience.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Any problem that involves cleaning and manipulating large sets of data, and also machine learning algorithms. R has many robust functions to deal with data and RStudio makes it easier to use R.

RStudio review by <span>Amar Babu K.</span>
Amar Babu K.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Best IDE to write and run stats"

What do you like best?

I used RStudio for Mac and Win, as a developer I had a similar experience of using Eclipse IDE. Studio has extensive help options to write code blocks with ease.

What do you dislike?

For business users it may require little learning curve

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use of RStudio enables to develop & deliver desired stats by evaluating sample data sets

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I connected to my sample data sets to write and evaluate my function behavior, its REPL kind of environment helped me to nail down my statistical functions to get desired results. I used to derive Standard Deviations over regions sales data, forecasting and trend analysis.

RStudio review by <span>Bharath M.</span>
Bharath M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Data cleaning in an organization that uses Excel"

What do you like best?

The best part of RStudio is its nature to be able to implement any data cleaning technique to Excel sheets immediately.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike with the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are someone who plays with data on a day to day basis, then this is the right tool.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

1. Data cleaning before implementation

2. Predictive modelling

3. Data scraping for various business purposes

RStudio review by <span>Luella A.</span>
Luella A.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"RStudio: professional figures made easy"

What do you like best?

As a first time RStudio user, I was able to customize parameters (colors, fonts, etc.) and construct clear figures for an evolutionary ecology paper.

What do you dislike?

It was initially hard to teach myself to code in R.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many useful online resources, since so many people use RStudio and contribute to forums like StackOverflow. As a result, usually if you have a question, you can find someone else who has already answered it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It's been a useful resource for data visualization, which is invaluable for writing grant proposals and obtaining funding to continue my research.

RStudio review by Internal Consultant in Higher Education
Internal Consultant in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Excellent program"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, convenient, and quick to share. I have thoroughly enjoyed working in this program, and working with mounds of data through it. The fact that you can install packages for specific commands helps and makes working with it so much easier

What do you dislike?

Not much wrong with it. Can be a little slow to install a package or compile, and the CRAN mirrors can be a little strange at times, but not much else wrong with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

He

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Analyzing data from alumni reponses at our summer institutes

RStudio review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great free software for R"

What do you like best?

I like that my students are able to use this software for free and take it with them after they graduate from college

What do you dislike?

Open source software comes with a range of usability problems. Often in order to satisfy a large number of users, compromises have to be made when it comes to usability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free - why not give it a try.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use R Studio as software in my courses, particularly a mathematical statistics class and also in other classes where data analysis is part of the material.

RStudio review by <span>Jeffry E.</span>
Jeffry E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"OK for individual studies"

What do you like best?

Relatively good IDE which comes freely with the software required to run R code. Strong open source community with lots of help resources available. Good for people who need to perform analysis individually or as part of a small 2-3 person team. Is perfectly capable of handling very complex computation and building large packages.

What do you dislike?

R-studio seems to encourage some bad code writing habits to develop, very similarly to languages like Matlab. Debugging can be more tedious than some other languages.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Machine learning and data analytics tools. Random forest regression trees, neural networks, and some basic GIS database manipulations. The principle benefit is that it CAN do all these things, though not all of them exceptionally well. I've found it is more difficult to scale these analysis to the enterprise level than with Python or Java.

RStudio review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Easy learning curve, all things considered"

What do you like best?

I'm a visual thinker and being able to easily see the structure of the data in a preview panel is great for checking that functions have run correctly. There is also a built in integration with version control so that you don't lose work as often. The reliability has improved in recent years, with fewer crashes.

What do you dislike?

Could have better integration with smarter IDEs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really depends on what your use case is. It won't work for very large datasets that require matrix inversion, for example. It could also be nice if it had a notebook type workflow like JuPyter (which could be used with pandas).

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Free data analytics language that pretty much anyone can use; if you have used MATLAB this is easy to pick up.