RStudio

RStudio is a family of powerful and cost-effective undelete and data recovery software.

Work for RStudio?

Learning about RStudio?

RStudio Reviews

Ask RStudio a Question
RStudio review by <span>Bronson B.</span>
Bronson B.
Validated Review

Quality product and easy to use

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Best part about R-Studio is its simplicity. Being able to navigate inputs as tabs, manage your environment, and constantly see what data frames you have helps users with coming back to projects and being able to pick up where they left off with little downtime. It's also nice to navigate packages while keeping your console and code blocks open. Obviously, its nice that its open source as well and that it can deal with very large data sets, but that is unique to R, not RStudio.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't too much I dislike about the program. There are some shortfalls in the ease-of-use if you aren't familiar with R, but in that case you shouldn't be using such a program. The only reason I didn't rate it 10 is due to the fact I've found it prone to crashing.

This has helped me work with other colleagues in R, which has revolutionized how we deal with large datasets. Just working in R console seems daunting to most users, but when they look at the interface of RStudio, it is much more approachable and therefore more people will use it.

Showing 219 RStudio reviews
RStudio review by <span>Maike H.</span>
Maike H.
Validated Review

The only IDE to use with R!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I don't even know where to begin. Rstudio is highly customizable, allowing you to choose how to display your console, plots, workspace variables, etc within the IDE. The newer versions of Rstudio allow for version control with git as well, which is very advantageous for collaborative projects. Plotting is also easy, and you can easily scroll through your plot history to compare many plots. You can easily inspect your datasets and variables as well. Installation is very simple and takes a few moments. I use Rstudio with my PC and Mac, and I've never experienced problems with either. In addition to an IDE, you can also write latex and markdown documents integrated with R code and output. I love this feature, because I produce many reports in which I need to show R code and output. Also Rstudio is free!

What do you dislike?

Although Rstudio is an excellent IDE, that comes at a cost of overhead. Compiling large lateX documents, for example, takes much longer if you run them through Rstudio versus the command line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Rstudio to a wide variety of people--from students to instructors, business professionals, and anyone who'd like to get some programming experience in a user friendly IDE. I especially recommend Rstudio to those who are on a budget, because Rstudio is free! I would also recommend it for analysts who wish to use version control on collaborative projects, because Rstudio integrates with github.

I use Rstudio extensively daily to analyze, process, and manipulate data. It is an invaluable resource. I would not be as productive or efficient without it. I really love that I can produce high quality reports with R code. This helps others understand my work and makes my research reproducible.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about RStudio
RStudio review by <span>Sohrab R.</span>
Sohrab R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I like the most about R-studio is the variety of packages that it covers. Most statisticians are well-versed with R so most of their academic papers end up being a package in R which makes it a very useful software for statistics. R-studio is easy to use and it is quite friendly. I also like the visualization packages such as ggplot2 which generates fancy figures.

What do you dislike?

I think R is very good for statistics but it's quite limiting for many other tasks such as data-wrangling, deep learning, and machine learning packages. If you are working in those areas I suggest using Python instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider making Machine Learning and Deep learning packages more user friendly and provide a good tutorial on that so that you can resemble something like Scikit-learn)

I have been working with R-studio for a while now. I often run ANOVA models ore regressions. I also use it for mapping (ggmap) and visualization because I think the visualizations are great. Although, after the advent of Tableau, I barely use R-studio for visualization. Because of it being an open-source software, it is still a common software preferred by many companies including Mckinsey.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Predictive Analytics solution do you use?

RStudio review by <span>Samuel C.</span>
Samuel C.

A complete game changer

Validated Review
What do you like best?

RStudio has been a complete game changer for me at work. Not only does it provide a slick interface for utilizing the R programming language, it makes implementing new packages and combining multiple programming languages simple and efficient. The Help tab save a great deal of time that would otherwise be spent on Google. The Plots tab makes exporting plots quick and versatile. Personally, I could go on for a long time on how great this product is. Shout out to the Monokai theme; it makes coding a dream.

What do you dislike?

There are some issue with saving plots and their size and scale. I can program a plot to have a specific scale, but open it in the Plots tab differently and the saved file changes. Especially when I put multiple plots onto the same image there are scale issues. I have spent more time than I would like to admit adjusting scales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the documentation and Stack Overflow with questions. This GUI is highly powerful and worth the time to acclimate to. I would also recommend the theme "Monokai," which is a dark theme. It makes the coding softer on the eyes.

I complete probably 85%-90% of my work with RStudio. We run off an IBM AS400 server and I constantly pull and manipulate data through an ODBC connection using SQL queries and then dump the data into Excel. Data wrangling that would take literal days in Excel take mere seconds once a program is written. We recently updated our accounting software and we had to verify that our data transferred correctly. The accountants would have had to check hundreds of thousands of lines of data manually over the course of days (in at least 3 different stages), but I was able to complete the whole process in a few hours (coding, formatting, and running scripts combined). Highly powerful.

RStudio review by <span>Chirag A.</span>
Chirag A.

Great editor for R programming RStudio

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Its has a very good GUI where one can easily write R code for writing machine learning program. You can see the values of global variable create various programs etc.Also it is very fast. Rstudio is great tool for programming R code for machine learning programming. It has a very good GUI and is a great tool for Data Analysis and Data Science. It is freely available and very easy to download and setup.

What do you dislike?

As of now I did not find anything bad in Rstudio. One thing that I can say is that it can be more colorful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Writing code for machine learning project which is the part of Data Science initiative.

RStudio review by <span>Hartney D.</span>
Hartney D.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Separating the console and clean script allows the user to have a working script with which the problem solve and perfect, as well as a clean, final script. RStudio brings packages to your fingertips and makes installing them a breeze. The ability to also view one's dataset while working is also invaluable to the user. Generally, the RStudio interface is the same, easy to use interface as R so if you're familiar with one, it should be easy to learn the other.

What do you dislike?

In order to save packages to your user library, you must download and save them. It would be nice if the system library included more widely used pre-downloaded packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RStudio is a great resource as it is open source software and constantly improving and evolving. As a free software, it can be essential for any business which analyzes data, spatial or not.

I work in geospatial analysis. R is a great tool because you can use it for geospatial statistics. RStudio simply makes working in R ten times easier by creating a clean script as well as a separate working space. RStudio also allows me to save and install packages with a click instead of having to download them each time I use the program.

RStudio review by User

Great Experience for Using R studio

Validated Review
What do you like best?

R studio does not have much format to follow. I can easily build in my own function and do application. What's more, I can knit the result in several different ways. The packages with instruction and explanation are useful for new user to understand the usage.

I can treat R studio as a calculator and notebook. It can show the results very fast and easy to operate.

It can add the Greek sign, matrix and several mathematical symbol as the comments. Therefore, we can knit an entire report at once with nice format, clear output and code.

It also have nice plot package such as ggplot, which can output a nice and colorful plot.

What do you dislike?

For the traditional plot, there is not too much choices to edit them in a nice way.

For the result, it does not show everything in one step. You have to run different codes and packages to get what you want.

It is kind of hard to contribute existed data in a new way. For example, if we want to inverse the entire data, treat one column and row, it is kind of hard to do it.

And R studio distinguish the capital word and lower case character, which we need to pay attention to this point every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

R studio usually saving a lot of records in the environment, which, in my opinion, is a waste of memory. If the history can be cleaned after we quit the software, it may be better.

I often use R studio to do data analysis.

clear output and easy code typing

It can give you the result with complete format.

Learning about RStudio?

* We monitor all RStudio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.