S&P Global Market Intelligence

S&P Global Market Intelligence, formerly S&P Capital IQ and SNL Financial, is a provider of multi-asset class and real time data, research, sales intelligence and analytics.

Work for S&P Global Market Intelligence?

Learning about S&P?

S&P Global Market Intelligence Reviews

Ask S&P a Question
Showing 54 S&P reviews
S&P review by Brian N.
Brian N.

"Great insight and very informative news and daily industry information"

What do you like best?

We use this tool to gain insight into the corporate structure of potential clients. The corporate structure diagrams and regulatory filings are very helpful and provide a lot of insight in a format that would otherwise require a lot of individual company website searches.

What do you dislike?

The page layout can get cluttered with the sheer volume of information available. Narrowing in on exactly what you're looking for can take some time, but overall not a big issue once you get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a centralized location for insurance and public corporation regulatory information with up to date news and insight this is a great tool. Information is much more reliable than alternative options.

Insight into prospects, understanding of their corporate structure and detail on the various regulatory filings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Knowledge is power... and energy"

What do you like best?

I receive a daily newsletter updating me on everything in my industry, and have the ability to research every power plant in the United States.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, other than there is so much information available that I'm not able to keep up with all the articles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can tailor the site and information to what you want to see. Also, the daily SNL Alerts are helpful to see important headlines regarding the industry.

My company uses the subscription for energy and fuel prices, historical research, and market sales activities in the power and energy sector.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

S&P review by Ravi R.
Ravi R.

"very efficient product and great customer service"

What do you like best?

it's very easy to use. i love the interface and there is a lot information on the platform. additionally, whenever i need something that's time sensitive, i know i can rely on this product to give me what i need fast. i like that s&p provides this service especially since it's a reputable source.

What do you dislike?

there aren't many things i dislike about this product. sometimes customer service isnt always fast, but other than that, i love it

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would definitely recommend this service to anyone. has a lot of great information and the platform is really easy to navigate.

i've realized several benefits. business problems are always evolving so not sure on anything specific.

S&P review by Courtney K.
Courtney K.

"great customer service and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I use Cap IQ regularly for work, and we have had representatives come in to our company to offer training sessions. These have always been extremely informative, the representatives not only answered all the questions we had, but also anticipated additional uses for Cap IQ in our business. I also like how responsive the representatives on the live chat are.

What do you dislike?

Some features of cap IQ are not the most user friendly, such as creating watch lists, which takes many different steps and is often hard to remember. However, with the live chat I am usually able to get any issues I have with this resolved quickly!

We use capital IQ to research companies and industries, and it is very helpful for this purpose. Cap IQ provides a general overview of a company in the "tear sheet" and also allows you to make customized lists for an industry.

S&P review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Capital IQ is a great source of knowledge."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly login to capital IQ and find exactly what im looking for. They have stock quotes, charts, and all the information i need when researching a stock. I also like, that when they can't help me with something i need, they give me an explanation as to why they cannot help.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when calling for support, the support guy on the phone will be very short with me and try to answer my problem as quick as possible. The mobile site also needs some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Capital IQ because it has really helped me improve my business and earn more money. It is a great source for prospecting.

I use this mainly for business prospecting. It is a great way to find new clientele for my business. This also helps me in terms of looking up information pertaining to financial and business analysis of public and or private companies

S&P review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"S&P Global Market Intelligence Review"

What do you like best?

I like the centralization of call report data.

What do you dislike?

The report builder function does is not as user friendly as the old SNL site.

It is helpful to quickly pull call report data in preparing peer analysis for investor presentations.

S&P review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Capital IQ has helped me out tremendously when valuating companies."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to reference real time data in excel spread sheets. The ability to simply refresh my comp sets and receive data for multiple data points makes for a speedy and efficient day in the office. I also use the charting features a lot for pitch books.

What do you dislike?

I think the most frustrating thing about Capital IQ is how long it takes to learn the interface. It took me a solid month to be able to navigate myself through the website. Nine months later and I still feel like I only know a third of what the site can do. I’m not sure if Cap IQ offers seminars, but I think it’s something that would be very valuable to new users. I would even like to partake in one now to grasp a better knowledge of the full potential of the service.

I am currently working on US comps for sports beverage companies within the United States. Using the screening feature of Cap IQ has helped me tremendously. I have been able to gather data for the industries overall performance and how my company compares to it.

User in Investment Banking

"Critical piece of software for any investment bank"

What do you like best?

Excel plug-in for public company comp tracking. Critical for modeling international clients to analyze FX rates and the impacts on the business. Love the detailed information made available at your fingertips through the web portal.

What do you dislike?

Mobile experience is not fantastic. Also, more detailed information on private capital transactions such as those available on VentureSource would be helpful to build out. Great public company information but the details on private company transactions is limited.

CapIQ is a critical component in all phases of our business from pre-engagement to existing clients. It's one of the few programs I log into a leverage daily.

S&P review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Thorough research and easy to use"

What do you like best?

CapIQ provides detailed and thorough research while being easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data seem out dated. It should be updated more frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very user friendly and provides results you might not expect that are helpful

Research for conflicts.

S&P review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking

"Analyst's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

Capital IQ is a must-have for any analyst in finance, whether he/she works in valuation, underwriting, or even wealth management. Being able to pull statements and data in a streamlined fashion saves endless hours of time vs. going through all the inconsistencies from company to company. Folks in valuation and underwriting may be the most obvious users, but even in wealth management, it's a critical tool for both prospectnig and analytical purposes. The executive data (demographic and compensation) pulled from Capital IQ is absolutely necessary to help target and service c-level clients.

What do you dislike?

I may not be up to speed on every "plug in" or nuance available on Capital IQ, but I'd say the two things that stick as areas for improvement are integration to other tools and more proactive/direct customer service support. Regarding the ladder, compatibility with Bloomberg terminals and other vendors, like Wealth Engine, would be key for folks in my business line. There are so many great tools out there, but I often find that the number one deterrent for advisors and analysts that I work with is having to train on and utilize separate tools. There just isn't enough time in the day to compartmentalize energy into super specifc tools. Especially within the financial services community, most folks are familiar and accustomed to the high level of service that vendors like Bloomberg and FactSet offer...while Capital IQ reps are helpful ad high quality...the depth, frequencey, and proactiveness falls well short of the aforementioned vendors.

Prospecting c-level executives, preparing analysis on executive compensation/options (10b5-1 plans, options strategies).

S&P review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Capital IQ -- great product and knowledgeable support team"

What do you like best?

The Cap IQ team is able to answer any question I throw at them. Most of t he time the answer is to tell me how to use their system to get the data, but once in a rare while it is to tell me that their system can't help me with my query. As much as I appreciate the way they help me (and they do!), when they can't help they explain why they cannot quite get you to the finish line, by walking you through the problem of an elusive data point.

What do you dislike?

Once in a rare while a support person will go a little fast or assume I'm keeping up with them and I have to slow them down or keep asking them to repeat the steps. This is extremely rare though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rely on Customer Support -- they're wonderful and it's part of your contract. Save templates, screens, and company lists across your organization; seeing how other, more experienced users have completed projects will speed up your own learning curve.

I use Cap IQ to create league tables, search for M&A activity by a specific company or in a specific sector, search SEC filings for older documents that have been incorporated by reference, etc. Having this data allows colleagues to prepare presentations to potential clients, something necessary to keep growing the business successfully.

S&P review by User in Financial Services

"Great product, fast and reliable"

What do you like best?

It's fast and reliable. I can quickly login and get information i need in a matter of seconds. As compared to other products like factset, capIQ can be pulled up / logged in very quickly since it only uses a web browser, vs. the need to download a console. CapIQ has almost everything I need - current stock prices, precedent transactions, board / mgmt members, etc.

What do you dislike?

If i had to complain, the mobile site isn't that great yet. Sometimes I'm out at a meeting and I need to look up info on capIQ. It would be great if they can either create an app that is easier to use, or make sure their mobile site has most of the the important information easily accessible. I remember trying to look up a particular previous M&A deal and not all the info on the full site were there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most of the services (CapIQ, Factset, Thomson) offer similar information, but CapIQ to me is the easiest to use and fastest product to load, which is a very important differentiation.

i work in banking, so i use it for a lot of precedents look-up. The screening functionality is great... if we wanted to look up certain companies or transactions that fit a criteria, CapIQ has all the categories I feel are most important in order to filter such a screen.

S&P review by Coby P.
Coby P.

"Capital IQ - great resource"

What do you like best?

User interface and capabilities when it comes to public company and large private company analysis are very useful. Great tool for any financial or strategic professional.

What do you dislike?

The private company information is often lacking, especially on the smaller side of the corporate universe (sub $100mm in revenue). However, this is understandable as this information is very often simply unavailable so difficult to judge them on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work on the corporate deal-making side of finance, this is a must have.

This tool is my personal favorite for financial and business analysis of public companies. The Excel plug in is great and the online portal is simple and easy to use with a wealth of data.

S&P review by Consultant in Investment Banking
Consultant in Investment Banking

"Investment Banker"

What do you like best?

One stop source of financial information for both public and private companies.

What do you dislike?

While all the financial information ties back to the public financials, the EBITDA calculations never adjust for one time, nonrecurring items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should decide if CapItal IQ is sufficient on a standalone basis or needs augmentation from Bloomberg

Financial statement analysis. Comparable analysis. Basic diligence of acquisition targets.

User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Effective in what I needed from it - never took advantage of many of its additional products"

What do you like best?

The ability to access companies very quickly. For public companies, the ability to click one or two times and see its capitalization, research projections, and ownership also made it a great tool.

What do you dislike?

It was slow and clunky at least one time a day when I used it. They offered many features that I considered non-core, but they were always trying to get you to use it. Their public equity values weren't based on the treasury stock method so I would have to manually calculate them on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their customer service would always do their best to help and would be honest very quickly if they didn't have a solution to your problem (instead of "checking" with others/superiors for a ~24-48 hour period). A few years back there were certain times during the day when you couldn't get through but recently that stopped.

Most often, I was looking for guidance on company capitalization information. Later on I started using it for estimate guidance and equity research sourcing. Certain times, I would use it to better understand a company's ownership (i.e., who is the parent company of an asset we are looking at). Capital IQ was effective in getting these requests done.

S&P review by Lauren K.
Lauren K.

"Capital IQ"

What do you like best?

The ease of analyzing and collecting data.

What do you dislike?

I am not always able to complete my tasks without calling the help desk given the amount of information that is available with the software. Therefore, I am not always familiar with how to complete certain tasks within Capital IQ.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost with the benefit - the ease of obtaining data is worth the price tag.

I am an associate at a PE firm. Therefore, Capital IQ allows me to run screens, value companies, and create data sets as needed.

S&P review by Milan Z.
Milan Z.

"Powerful database"

What do you like best?

I use CIQ almost on a daily basis to look up companies / transactions. I like to use the excel templates (e.g. the core model) with CIQ formulas where I can pull market data conveniently.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the screening process is not very intuitive and there are some repetitive criteria.

I mainly use CIQ for purposes of business valuation. CIQ provides accurate market data and is a reliable source of information.

S&P review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Useful financial data app with good client support"

What do you like best?

Audit function in when pulling data using the excel plug in. Accessible client support.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally data is not very accurate, had to manually intervene. Would like to see better data on bonds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn short cuts

Gathering financial performance data of companies. With Capital IQ, I could easily pull data without going into annual reports manually.

S&P review by User in Financial Services

"Not perfect but better than anything else out there"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of data captured by CapIQ and the level of support that is provided the company.

What do you dislike?

Data inaccuracies, but it is inevitable with how much information they are dealing with

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have heard that Factset is a great tool, and that it may be better than CapIQ. For my use, CapIQ has been more than enough. Go for a trial basis if you are not sure if it is right for you.

Corporate development and financial analysis. CapIQ has made it much easier to do analysis across a number of companies or through a long historical period.

S&P review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Needs better search!"

What do you like best?

The wealth of proprietary data not available elsewhere. In general, I'm not a huge fan of Capital IQ's interface, but I realize that it has things I simply cannot obtain through other means.

What do you dislike?

The search function -- it seems to either return no hits (when I know they exist) or far too many hits. Consider outsourcing this (or if already outsourced, switching providers)

I primarily use Capital IQ in the study of CMBS deals. I have been able to use Capital IQ to access data from presale reports, as a unique proxy for ex-ante expectations.

S&P review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Capital IQ is the Best on the Market"

What do you like best?

Capital IQ is extremely easy to use and navigate. The data is almost always accurate, though no product is perfect. It also has a large database of private companies, which is very useful in my position as an analyst. The screening and Excel plug-in are the two tools that I use the most, and they are by far the best that I have used. I love this product.

What do you dislike?

They have slowed down with their technology enhancements outside of the ratings space, which should be continuous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the money. Give this product a try.

I am helping consultants find good companies to target professionals. The tool has helped me build target lists in minutes when it would have taken hours. It is a HUGE time saver

S&P review by Vaibhav R.
Vaibhav R.

"Associate in investment banking; primarily used it for company info and financials"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive data base on companies (public and private), provides a good tearsheet view with relevant info. Also has strong historical financial data, comps and a very good SEC filings section

What do you dislike?

Estimates data can be spotty, management and BOD data can be weak for private companies

Financial analysis and valuation of public/private companies.

S&P review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"CapitalIQ is good for aggregating data and running certain types og analysis."

What do you like best?

The screening tools and functionality around click-through features on the tearsheet.

What do you dislike?

Inability to differentiate between deals from the same company in transaction screens, would like to see what broad type of transaction is referenced.

Comparing clients and potential clients to peers and competitors. Much faster data source than manually searching.

"Great Service!"

What do you like best?

The help over the phone was really helpful. If you can't figure out what to do within a couple of minutes, their service line can help you with any request.

What do you dislike?

The trade-off between thomson and capiq is the research coverage and depending on the situation sometimes one service would have it and the other wouldn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely suggest most investment banks use capiq.

I was an analyst, so being able to see what the analyst estimates were via the plug-in was crucial.

S&P review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Comprehensive Market Oversight"

What do you like best?

Everything about the financial markets and trends

What do you dislike?

Could be a bit more intutitive and easier to reach customer service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a free trial before signing up

Staying on top of current market trends and what is impacting my market

"CapIQ Review"

What do you like best?

The amount of data that's available and the CapIQ plug-in.

What do you dislike?

You're occasionally find some data that's incorrectly captured. There is also a learning curve before you can fully navigate the tool which comes with the territory. That said, the customer service team is great and will happily guide you through any questions and even run screens for you.

I'm generally tying to quickly gather information about companies. CapIQ enables me to do so.

S&P review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"S&P Capital IQ"

What do you like best?

-Quickly updates data as news and earnings releases come out

-Auidtability of data

-ease of use / navigation

-effective screening tools

-fantastic customer support

What do you dislike?

-occasional errors are found

-excel plug in can be slow and cause crashing

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't be afraid to call CIQ or use the chat feature if you have a question. They are extremely helpful.

Allows for an efficient and repeatable method of populating data for a given set of companies.

S&P review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Capital IQ - solid and versatile financial research product"

What do you like best?

CIQ is a very flexible product. It's easy to combine many data categories in a screen, and a snap to download.

What do you dislike?

CIQ's league tables are poor compared to Bloomberg's

I primarily use CIQ as a prospecting tool for corporate attorneys. It is very useful in identifying financial advisors that concentrate on a given geography, industry or deal structure. Also great for showing PE sponsor activity or tracking bond and CDS metrics

S&P review by Kateri Z.
Kateri Z.

"Great database product and MS Excel plugin for dealmakers"

What do you like best?

Two things: the breadth of the data on the database, and the multifaceted functionality and metrics available with the plugin

What do you dislike?

Errors and lack of consistent accuracy with non-market data

I'm a banker running advisory deals for clients; CIQ helps me to research on buyside candidates and gather market trend data for charts and graphs

S&P review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Capital IQ is my most reliable co-worker"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access to company financial information and the plug-in for excel.

What do you dislike?

Occasional situations where client data is outdated.

We use Capital IQ for market research, specifically to derive valuation multiples for public companies.

S&P review by Deven M.
Deven M.

"This is the best tool out there for getting accurate financial data quickly."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can build customized searches and save them for use with future projects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when a private equity profile does not indicate what industry the firm invests in.

I determined company valuations in a quick and painless way. I realized that Capital IQ was a great way to check my analysis by looking at the EBITDA, for example.

S&P review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Company Intelligence On-Demand"

What do you like best?

I love that I can scour account information ranging from parent/child company relationships to latest financial information to executives and investments in other companies.

What do you dislike?

I wish that CapIQ was able to seamlessly integrate with Salesforce.

Business Intelligence

S&P review by User in Financial Services

"Excellent Product, well thought out"

What do you like best?

Depth of data, accuracy of data. Saves us time. Great user interface

What do you dislike?

Expense, lacks proprietary research, Otherwise great product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for the investment banking community. Less expensive than Bloomberg, provides a more focused set of data, as well.

We use the product to track placements, competitors, ventures, this product aggregates data we would struggle to otherwise capture.

"Valuable Resource"

What do you like best?

Capital lQ is a valuable resources that allows me to access companies' information quickly.

What do you dislike?

A few times in my experience with Capital IQ data has been incorrect. A quick email or call to customer support usually eradicates the issue quickly.

I am an associate at a valuation advisory firm, and I need to access company information quickly and know the data is reliable.

"Capital IQ"

What do you like best?

I like the database and data collection functionality as it saves a lot of research time

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to navigate as information can be hidden deep within the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it as a must have product

Searching to accurate historical and detailed information on companies has allowed us to better serve them and prospective clients

S&P review by Charles Z.
Charles Z.

"VP"

What do you like best?

easy access to financials and seeing how certain figures, i.e. EBITDA, are calculated; quick read on capital structure and LTM financials

What do you dislike?

private companies have no info; i wish some of the research estimates could be more granular

corporate credit risk; financial analysis is much quicker to dig through

User in Investment Banking

"CapIQ is great for looking up any stats regarding public or private companies."

What do you like best?

I like using the screening tools to help screen for various M&A deals and private placements.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes information is incorrect so you must be careful about double checking.

It helps me understand the IPO and M&A markets and the landscape of various companies

S&P review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Great database but...."

What do you like best?

There's some really great, proprietary data in Capital IQ, some of which I can find no where else. It's a useful resource for information gathering if you know where to look.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, while there is a lot of data on Capital IQ, much of the data is hard to find. The data are disorganized, meaning you had to search for what you wanted. Unfortunately, the search function was also inefficient.

Monitoring the performance of various deals

S&P review by User in Higher Education

"CapIQ is a useful tool for industry professionals and academics as well"

What do you like best?

The screening tools are simple to use and powerful. It is also easy to look up company-related data quickly.

What do you dislike?

Data can be missing sometimes, or inconsistent with data from other sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for basic info and screening, lacks good customer support

Analysis of company financials.

S&P review by User

"Useful platform for deal analysis"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to search for and compile both quantitative as well as qualitative information. The platform also has a comprehensive collection of transcripts, which makes it helpful for company analysis.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the interface itself were more updated/modern. It should be easier to search for certain features and I think the website could improve from a redesign of the layout.

I use CapIQ to find more information on a company, specifically when I'm performing merger analyses.

"My CapIQ"

What do you like best?

Easy access to financial statements that trace to the source document.

What do you dislike?

Layout is not user friendly and takes time to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take the tutorial course that CapIQ offers when you sign up.

Access to financial information.

User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Easy to use public and private company information database"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, breadth of information, layout, analysis options (screen builders, chart builders, etc)

What do you dislike?

Salesforce integration is not strong and can be improved dramatically

We are able to quickly and accurately obtain company information, compare companies, and research industries

S&P review by User

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Capital IQ has very comprehensive coverage.

What do you dislike?

The user-format is complicated; sometimes it takes me a while to figure out how to get the data I want.

I'm looking for data about firm equity warrants. The coverage was helpful.

S&P review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Accounting
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Accounting

"CapIQ review"

What do you like best?

Excel plug-in and the use of a wide database to achieve a more robust result

What do you dislike?

lack of templates related to valuation and how expensive it is

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get familiar with searching for comps

guideline screening, vast database of companies

S&P review by Teddy C.
Teddy C.

"Quick, flexible product with vast use cases"

What do you like best?

Web based access with easy exporting to word/excel for screens

What do you dislike?

Would like to add more customization options for certain standard reports (like adding custom fields on the executive/board outputs)

Competitive intelligence, market sizing

S&P review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"CAp IQ is a great sofware"

What do you like best?

I like that it breaks down the company's financials and shows a company's equity value and EBITDA.

What do you dislike?

I would like them to gather more information about private companies.

CapIQ is helping me research companies more effectively than I could using Google.

S&P review by Calvin X.
Calvin X.

"I like Capital IQ"

What do you like best?

How comprehensive the information data base is

What do you dislike?

A lot of the information is not extremely reliable

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product overall

I mostly use it to screen for transactions or companies, it's very comprehensive

"Associate Director"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, product support, Excel support, breadth of information.

What do you dislike?

Lack of relevant data around debt (trading prices, tranches, etc).

Research and analysis for prospective acquisition targets

User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Ok, a lot of good information as well as a lot of wrong information"

What do you like best?

Good data base for company screening and transactions search.

What do you dislike?

Often times has wrong information and the calculation is not very transparent.

Analysis

S&P review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Request research figures"

What do you like best?

Capital IQ has a lot of information and data which allows me to conduct interesting analysis

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if Capital IQ provided additional cuts to the data

Market sizing

S&P review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Great Source of Financial Information"

What do you like best?

The quality of the data is execellent. Great financial information at your finger tips. Well organized information that you can slice and dice to get what you want.

What do you dislike?

There is no integration to salesforce (at least nothing that I can find). Need to perform a manual match to Salesforce accounts using CapIQ ID and then vlookup your data to prepare to upload manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you business needs include specific financial information and you want it to be easy to mine, then this is your best bet.

S&P review by User in Computer Software

"Investment Banking Analyst"

What do you like best?

Financial Information quick overview with relevant multiples and statistics

What do you dislike?

Accuracy of comparable companies analysis (RSU and Options are spread often times incorrectly)

Financial modeling

S&P review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Financial analyst using capiq"

What do you like best?

It's a one stop shop to get all my company analysis

What do you dislike?

Market (credit) data and research can be improved

Financial analysis

S&P review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"In-depth financial and company information at your fingertips "

What do you like best?

This is one of the definitive sources for financial infomration (they provide Compustat financials) , equity capital, stock performance, and sell-side research. I had access to this at business school and it was absolutely one of the best resources to perform industry analysis

What do you dislike?

The aftermarket and broker research features can be expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For equity market researchers, I highly recommend this as one of the definitive sources of information. It's probably the best place to get information to build financial models and perform financial research.

Learning about S&P Global Market Intelligence?

* We monitor all S&P Global Market Intelligence reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.