SaaSoptics

SaaSOptics delivers a subscription management platform that provides subscription billing, revenue recognition and robust subscription analytics.

Work for SaaSoptics?

Learning about SaaSoptics?

SaaSoptics Reviews

Ask SaaSoptics a Question
Showing 19 SaaSoptics reviews
SaaSoptics review by Tracy B.
Tracy B.

"SaaSOptics is a key tool for our finance team"

What do you like best?

I've used SaaSOptics at two companies. The solution allows us to easily run rev rec and billing reports. We use the platform continually for financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analytics. We have found that SaaSOptics provides our external auditors with more confidence than home grown excel reports. The team at SaaSOptics provides great support from onboarding through every aspect of using the solution.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about the SaaSOptics platform that we are unhappy with. We need to use more of the analytical reporting than we do, but the issue is with our time constraints...not SaaSOptics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The short term pain of onboarding will be quickly forgotten after the first few months of using SaaSOptics.

SaaSOptics has made our budgeting and cash flow planning process easy. Generating month end reports for financial statements takes seconds. SaaSOptics is as important to us as Salesforce and Quickbooks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SaaSoptics
SaaSoptics review by Justin S.
Justin S.

"Great Tool for Our Finance Department"

What do you like best?

SaaSoptics has simplified the month end process by easily giving us a way to see daily revenue from our subscriptions. I like the fact that they are continuing to develop what the people want. This product has completely been designed for finance and accounting teams to understand, and use daily.

What do you dislike?

The implementation was a lot of work on our end, due to the way we did our accounting in the past. This was more our fault than SaaSoptics. The time spent has quickly been replenished by the ease of use of the product on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jumping on board with a product with SaaSoptics will help save time in your finance department for a fraction of the cost of other systems.

SaaSoptics has helped us with month end reporting and tracking our accounts receivable more regularly. We have been able to substantially decrease our receivables with the collections features.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

SaaSoptics review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Easy to use Software that Integrates well with Salesforce and Quickbooks Online :)"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks Online (QBO) and Salesforce (SF) Connectors. After an opportunity in SF is marked as Closed Won I can either import the opportunity information from SF to Saas Optics (SO) for the transactions or manually enter them. Once the invoices are created you can either send through SO e-invoicing or sync to QBO and send from there.

What do you dislike?

Need to be utilizing Products in Salesforce and make sure you have certain fields (owner name, contact name, etc) not be a required field in Salesforce to fully utilize the Opportunity and Renewal sync. For Implementation because our company was not utilizing products before I came I ended up manually rebuilding the data for the previous 2 years. I found this to be a great exercise that not only allowed me to clean up incomplete information from Salesforce, Quickbooks, and contracts. Actual implementation for new contracts was immediate but cleaning my former data and making changes to my Chart of Accounts and reclassing created more work for myself had that been done prior to implementation. By the end I was an expert at Saas Optics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution when combined with Quickboooks Online and Salesforce. Much cheaper and more efficient option than moving to larger ERP system like NetSuite or Intacct. By implementing Saas Optics I was able to see issues with our existing processes and make improvements not only to Finance but Sales and Support as well

Our Existing Revenue Recognition was done on Excel and was difficult to use and prone to error. Also our Salesforce Org was missing key information like Billing schedule, products, and term. Saas Optics was able to make the Book to Bill process so much easier and we we found a number of invoices that were never billed and we able to recover most of the money from them. Great Product that makes my life much easier

SaaSoptics review by Jeffrey M. W.
Jeffrey M. W.

"Incredible Product!!"

What do you like best?

SaaSOptics has allowed us to automate critical functions of our business, saving us time, money, and headaches. We've been a customer for over 4 years and I couldn't be more pleased. The product continues to evolve and the technical support has been fabulous. If you're trying to scale a SaaS business this is the only way to go.

What do you dislike?

In earlier days I neglected to keep closely in touch with the new capabilities of the product. My excuse is that I was too busy growing our own business to pay proper attention. I spent considerable dollars looking for a financial forecasting capability I needed when SaaSOptics has already developed it and it was included in our contract. My error for sure. There is nothing I dislike about the product, and they're a terrific company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it an in-depth look, you won't be disappointed.

We have a completely automated operations platform with SaaSOptics, QBO, Salesforce, Marketo, and InsightSquared. We have eliminated the need for human action, other than the sales process, from first touch thru collections. All our data is real-time and we are data-driven. This approach saves us valuable time and money.

"Billing Lifesaver"

What do you like best?

We're saving a lot of time using SaaSOptics for billing. The renewals and new billings flow through from Salesforce to SaaSOptics, which creates a lot of confidence around our process and has freed up a lot of time. Our implementation consultant, Paul, and the rest of the team have been extremely helpful through the whole process.

What do you dislike?

The setup took a bit longer than anticipated, but after it was finished it's a great system to use. It would also be helpful to issue refunds straight from SaaSOptics and not have to go through Stripe.

The biggest one for us right now is on the billing side, it eliminates room for error because of the integration with Salesforce. The deferred revenue schedule is going to be extremely helpful going forward so that we can move away from massive spreadsheets. We're also excited to start utilizing the many reports offered.

SaaSoptics review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"It did what we needed!"

What do you like best?

At Haiku Learning, we needed to produce our first GAAP financial statements going back two years. We were using QuickBooks online and added SaaSOptics to get the financials we needed.

What do you dislike?

We had some start up pains since our data was older and not setup for this process. Once it was going it worked fine.

We needed GAAP financials, so we used the Revenue Recognition feature to turn our billed revenue numbers into GAAP revenue numbers. This allowed us to get (and pass!) our first financial audit. After using the product for a year and a half, we passed due diligence and were purchased by a much larger company so we no longer use the product.

"Blown away by support"

What do you like best?

Just received an email from SaaSOptics' support team. I was blown away: fast turn around, clear (there were screen shots for every step), thorough, and the support team member, Christine, researched our account before answering to provide the best solution for us (rather than the usual canned response which prompts another email. )

What do you dislike?

The help ? module isn't of much help. I rarely get the answer I need when I click on the question mark.

Wrapping our arms around MRR, et al which we used to maintain in an "ugh" excel workbook.

SaaSoptics review by Administrator

"Love the System- No regrets"

What do you like best?

It's a software that helps track your Monthly revenue. No more spreadsheets- a system that has it in place.

What do you dislike?

I really love the software so there's few to dislike. If anything, I would say the inability to review the information at a snap shot in a prior time would be my complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to take time to understand the system, but once you do it's amazing.

It helps track your monthly recurring revenue accurately and has the ability to make future projections.

"SaaSoptics Believer"

What do you like best?

They are top notch at support and onboarding.

What do you dislike?

This is a very robust solution, so it can be a bit overwhelming at first. I would like a little more customization in the look and feel of different screens, but I know they are releasing new updates to make it more user-friendly.

Saasoptics has allowed us to take invoicing out of Quickbooks allowing more players to manager our invoicing. As anyone in the SaaS field knows, managing revenue for subscription-based models can be tricky, especially if customers aren't paying monthly. SaaSoptics has made it easy to organize our invoicing and subscription management and cut the amount of time we have spent on invoicing significantly

SaaSoptics review by Larry D.
Larry D.

"Converted from manually tracking subscriptios and recurring revenue to SaaSoptics"

What do you like best?

Integration to Quickbooks Cloud that eliminated manual effort, reduced errors and provided easy to access automated reports. Recently went through a financing round and having subscription revenue information readily available was very beneficial.

What do you dislike?

Highly engineered solution that is overkill for our company size

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define key scope and objectives prror to starting, have a clear vision of how you see deployment.

Accurate deferred revenue accounting, tracking MRR and forecasting future renewal billings for cash flow.

SaaSoptics review by Myles L.
Myles L.

"Saves me a day a month "

What do you like best?

RevRec schedules but ability to track SaaS metrics as also. No more Excel spreadsheets that can't support any changes to a contract

What do you dislike?

Could make the information more visually appealing to screen shot and drop into a management review or board deck. But the data is reliable and perfectly consumable for accountants and internal reporting

Month end close, board reporting accuracy, timely sending of invoices

SaaSoptics review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Director of Finance"

What do you like best?

Manages our SAAS customers easily. Great tool for financial planning.

What do you dislike?

Some reporting elements are rigid, can't customize fully.

Finally a SAAS tool for finance! Been looking for a while for easy tool to manage our SAAS business. This has helped enormously with renewal management and financial planning.

SaaSoptics review by User

"QuickBooks Enterprise to SaaS Optics"

What do you like best?

Automated revenue recognition, reporting and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

We are not easily able to invoice out of SaaS Optics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good intermediary for quickbooks users.

Revenue schedule need to be moved from excel spreadsheets to a stable platform. Benefits have been ease of reporting and accurate MRR/ARR calculations.

SaaSoptics review by Robin  M.
Robin M.

"White glove service"

What do you like best?

The care and compassion of the team to understand and do what is best for our company.

What do you dislike?

That I had to stop my weekly calls with Cindy Carson. We became fast friends.

Reporting and time savings on recording deferred revenue.

SaaSoptics review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"SaasOptics "

What do you like best?

The implementation process and sending invoice process. It has really made the reconcilation between SF and SaasOptic seamless.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. We just implemented at beginning of the year

Revenue Recognition was the main thing

SaaSoptics review by Administrator

"saas optics - great time savings"

What do you like best?

time savings in tracking deferred revenue

What do you dislike?

inability to use "durations" for my term divisor regardless of the contract term

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely shortens the def rev tracking process

time savings

SaaSoptics review by Taylor B.
Taylor B.

"good numbers"

What do you like best?

reporting is great from a performance point of view.

What do you dislike?

For monthly recurring revenue I think the renewals need to be easier to reporting

na

"Love the metrics "

What do you like best?

I love the metrics SaasOptics provides for us, it has given me the ability to analyze our business in a quick and efficient mannor

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if saasoptics could calculate subcription costs

Ability to calculate employee commissions quickly and accurately through looking at each employees monthly sales performance

SaaSoptics review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Excellent but sometimes very rigid"

What do you like best?

The reporting functionalities and graphics

What do you dislike?

Errors are too rigid to fix. Once it syncs to QBO

we are able to provide better KPI metrics to stakeholders

Learning about SaaSoptics?

* We monitor all SaaSoptics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.