Sage 100c

3.5

Sage 100c is a complete solution for small and medium companies that need to automate processes, connect employees, and gain business insight.

Work for Sage 100c?

Learning about Sage 100c?

Sage 100c Reviews

Showing 125 Sage 100c reviews
Sage 100c review by Shrinaath A.
Shrinaath A.

"Great tool for organizing and retrieving data at a fast pace."

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about the tool is its versatility, It helps all stakeholders access information at the same time without hassles. Provides a neat flow of data from production/manufacturing to accounting/finance . Overall a great package for any accounting system to have. Has many features which have really help boost performance and minimize data retrieval times. Another great feature is its simple UI which is very easy to navigate and use.

What do you dislike?

One of the drawbacks is that there is a lot of data cleaning needed after export from the tool which needs a skilled Excel Expert. Also when the data sizes are huge (>100MB) the data export is a pretty slow and cumbersome process. It would be great if there is a way to increase the speed of retrieval for such huge processes.Has limitations on number of windows which can be opened simultaneously

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a mid sized company looking for a reliable ERP System, I would recommend you to start off with SAGE. It provides great breadth of options in accounting and finance ranging from Inventory Management , Pricing , Bill of Materials to Monthly Financial Statements, General Ledger, etc

Mostly Accounting relating problems especially with monthly financial reporting . Apart from that everything from Inventory Tracking, Costing, Bill of Materials, SKUs , Cost Accounting , etc. Really satisfied with the kind of service the tool provides

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sage 100c
Sage 100c review by Anastasia F.
Anastasia F.

"I really like sage 100 "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. It makes my work day go by a lot faster. Everything is organized and easily accessible. Very easy to learn. Any mistake I may make, it is very easy to fix and get back on track. Over all, sage 100 helps with logistics of our business, stock and restock information, client payments and overdue balances. We as a business look more professional, organized and productive. Sage helps us with communication with not only our clients, but also our co-workers. Keeping track of our clients and providing them with great service is our goal.

What do you dislike?

Closing customer maintenance window each time I need to look up another customer. When entering payment, I need to be very careful when flowing step sequence to process a payment. I would hope that one day sage can notify me when a client makes a payment or a deposit. I wish those sides could merge together in some way to help us keep track of payments,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy to learn, quick set up. Smooth transition into the system.

I am progressing in accuracy with customer service. Business runs a lot faster with Sage. We as a company are providing fast and tromp service to our clients with ease. Sage is just an easy way for a business to run smoothly and easily. We are a very busy and sage helps us create a viable environment with not only our clients but with co-workers.

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

Sage 100c review by Kearston D.
Kearston D.

"An Essential tool for your everyday ERP management"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for us to use Sage to locate our items in stock, to assist us in placing orders, tracking orders, tracking customer preferential pricing, We are also able to record tracking numbers into our purchase orders, see when orders were placed, see when the purchase order was written, and where it is coming from. We are also able to look into a customers history to see how frequently they are purchasing from us and when was their last purchase in order to reactivate them as a customer if need be. I love that we are able to store multiple addresses on one account as well as multiple names and emails.

What do you dislike?

Our version is very temperamental for a reason I am not yet aware of since I have only been using it for 6 months and I am sure there are probably some things I still don't know. The only thing I do not like is that you can never go back once you make a quote a sales order. You can not make a Standard order into a quote again so the only way to correct it is to delete it and start over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am certain there are newer versions of this product so I would definitely look into that but otherwise it is a wonderful product. This is used in 95% of my work applications and it is essential to the way we do things here.

I love that is helping me to track errors in our inventory (warehouse). I love how easy it is to look back on a customer's order and see costs.

Sage 100c review by Alana G.
Alana G.

"LOVE Sage for dispatching, accounting, and SSO tablets "

What do you like best?

Where to start. This is an easy to use program. Everything communicates with everything. Tablets update to computers. Payments post from credit card to bank reconciliation. No Need to go back and deposit after charges are made. Ease of looking up history. Using Payment solutions makes it very simple, no error in posting to wrong accounts.

What do you dislike?

If a user has access to scheduling they can move/ delete/ cancel a technician without knowing they've done it. It would be nice to have a "are you sure you want to un-assign user, delete work order, etc"

something that warns them so it doesn't just disappear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything is able to be copied to Excel. A/R A/P easy to use. Dispatching is a breeze. Able to add pricing and accessible to technicians on tablets. They communicate with each other. You can see what they have added to work orders. Payment Solutions is great! Saves a lot of time. With other outside credit card companys you have to process payment than create deposit, with payment solutions you literally type in client number and it processes the credit card and posts to bank recon without having to do extra work. Another way to save on paper! Can email customer receipts right from there.

Using the SSO tablet software has made us go paperless. We are saving so much money by not printing tags, the customers get emailed receipts. We are 80% paperless now. Its wonderful to save and be Green!

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Sage 100c"

What do you like best?

Pros: Easy to use with its straightforward Menu bars. It also allows for you to store multiple contacts within vendors contact module which is nice, has a nice copy and paste feature which comes in handy for AP, and paperless capability.

What do you dislike?

Cons: Some of the basic reporting is lacking, it doesn't allow you to open multiple windows once you start drilling down, finding the exact report you need can be daunting sometimes due to the number of reports they have. I would rather have less reports with more information, but with more options to manipulate data myself. You can input data. For example, we use ADP and I cannot upload a file from ADP, so I'm manually putting in everyone's time and job coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small to medium sized companies that aren't too complicated. If you're a very large company with multiple divisions, I would look towards Sage 300.

Cost code tracking for multiple jobs. Looking forward to using the paperless feature in 2018.

User in Construction

"It is a great program that works well for our Business"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily enter, process, and search through orders. The ability to change the search features as well make it really nice for searching through our products as well as easily check their cost, sales price, and availability. It is easy to pickup and learn how to use the program.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little slow sometimes but that is to be expected sometimes with technology. The ability to tell who has a particular order open instead of just seeing that someone else has it open would make it quicker and easier to have them close it so you can change the order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program!

No longer having to search through files to find the information we're looking for. The ability to instantly change orders and other information in the system across all our branches at once. Being able to keep track of individual customers pricing as well as changing their orders on the fly.

"Sage review "

What do you like best?

Our business has around 600 employees. This this system helps us create a great database to put assets into an organized formate where we can come and view it and find what we need in an efficient and fast way.

What do you dislike?

There are restrictions in where it is not completely customizable to our exact liking. Also it it run completely on Wi-Fi or hard internet connect. Without internet you have no access to safe at all. I travel to different branches and sometimes run into the issue that the connection is bad and it stops me from using the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are good benefits to this program but the part that I have difficulty over is the restrictions they have Im software where you cannot completely customize it to meet your specific needs.

We are placing all put assets into the safe software to help us organize and track our assets.

"Sage 100 Construction "

What do you like best?

Sage is extremely intuitive and easy to use. Each page is marked with asterisks for simplicity to quickly add information and update again and again as new info is made available.

What do you dislike?

Our company is continually growing and to add additional license's is a pain and very expensive. If there are too many people logged in at one time then another person can't get in and that makes bid day very stressful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be pricey so be aware as you continue to grow your business and perhaps take advantage of buying extra seats early on implementation.

I've used this as part of estimating and now in the operations side. It's good to see how the estimate can be moved from sage and integrated into the other programs we use such as ProCore and e-Takeoff.

Sage 100c review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Payroll - SAGE"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is easy to use, I figured out most of the payroll f unctions and reporting on my own and without any formal training. You can also manipulate the fields quite easily to get the information you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

The reports that are available can be minimal for certain searches. There should be more options to narrow your search for on time card reporting and on an individual basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get all of the modules in a certain program so that you can access all the information and reporting that you need.

We are not solving any problems per say, but it helps when trying to look up certain information in a timely manner.

Sage 100c review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Not Meant for Manufacturing"

What do you like best?

If I input a zip code into a vendor's account, it will pull the city and state.

What do you dislike?

If you want to do almost anything that we need, you have to pay extra. I can't pull custom reports without paying extra. The reports we have don't work and don't have all of the information. If we want to move around information, you have to export to excel which comes out looking weird, so then you have to fix that. It takes me at least 2 hours to get a report of Open Invoices by GL Category because I have to manually pull all of the GL information. There are reports that kind of get close, but don't ever get the full information. I still don't have a decent report to give to my sales team so that they can see what we've sold by item to our customers. They see weird numbers and I have to translate it into something readable.

Purchase Orders are a pain and will randomly change GL accounts, regardless of what you have listed for the vendor, sometimes it won't pull the information at all.

Our intercompany information is a disaster because we can't log things easily and Sage 100 isn't compatible across countries. It's not multi-currency.

We have multiple warehouses but have to track all of our shipments using excel spreadsheets because Sage requires us to implement an entire system that costs more money just to utilize their inventory module.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with something that is more user friendly. Also, our main concerns are that every area of our business is negatively impacted by Sage 100. If one thing was a problem but it worked elsewhere, I think we would be okay, but it's a mess everywhere and I feel like I need another me just to get the reports I need. Just look elsewhere.

We have plenty of issues and Sage 100 does not solve any of them.

Sage 100c review by Vadim G.
Vadim G.

"Great ERP system for small to mid-size companies"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and intuitive design of all the links

What do you dislike?

some minor stuff like you can't copy the item number in the Item Maintenance window because it zeroes out. Also, kind of annoying to play out the upload Excel file in the CSV format to integrate properly into the MRP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a demo prior to buying. Also, use the testing environment prior to implementing big changes to test.

MRP, Accounting, Purchasing, Sales, BOM

Sage 100c review by Jordan E.
Jordan E.

"Helpful Keeping Track"

What do you like best?

Putting in information, editing, and searching for invoices/sales orders.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes printing can be finicky. Need to be careful with boxes checked and rechecking them if you edit a sales order or will have to open the sales order and manually check print order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the application in your spare time to get to know the features and menus.

It's overall better than our previous accounting system, MAS. It's easy to go to a task that another worker worked on.

Sage 100c review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"SAGE 100 Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Each module is located in a centralized location. Large variety of reports to use, plus ability to customize reports to meet many of our needs.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in the reporting. Some reports truncate characters due to length in areas that are necessary for use outside of the program - has caused some headaches in our A/P department.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is useful to explore the system. We have discovered items that have been quite handy in our workplace just by clicking around and exploring. Review data that appears on reports to verify all information you expect to be included is shown on the report. We have run into issues when exporting NATCHA files for ACH payments where our message/note to include in the ACH is truncated, leaving out important information for the recipient to correctly apply our payments.

We have begun using ACH which has allowed us to save time and money in our A/P department. We have also begun using imports of transactions to also save us time and money in our general accounting department.

Sage 100c review by Cassie G.
Cassie G.

"Sage"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to do payroll using this product. Entering in all of the employees info takes some time, but once they're in you don't have to worry about it again. It was so smooth doing payroll and getting reports and such.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here! There were a lot of options available to us that we didn't utilize, but that doesn't necessarily make the product any less of a good one.

I used it to do payroll for the company as well as input data on our employees. It was helpful to have all that info in one place where I could easily access it.

User in Construction

"Sage 100 Standard Edition - Not so useful"

What do you like best?

Nothing. If you are looking for business/accounting software DO NOT buy Sage until you look at other ones.

What do you dislike?

It is frustrating navigating thru this software. Having to go back three steps to start over on the different modules doesn't make sense. This software has the capabilities to be more useful but it feels like a step above dos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, there are too many other software options out there to settle for using Sage. Even Quickbooks is ten times easier to use then Sage. Sage is so frustrating trying to navigate throughout the software. The reports are week and you have to try to understand their acronyms.

Very Few

Sage 100c review by Sharon B.
Sharon B.

"Great program for all in one Accounting/Payroll!"

What do you like best?

This program is very easy to learn and run. It is great for Accounts payables, receivables, printing checks, and running payroll. Also prints reports after each update so that you always have a great paper trail for audit support of all your actions. You can also set up different users to have different functions so that you can merge files and see what each person has put into the system. Easy to make corrections if needed!!

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like. Takes some training to get used to but the good thing is you can't really make a mistake you can't fix.

I like that everything for Payroll can be set, and that all the figures for hours can just be put in and everything will be configured automatically. Taxes are figured automatically and reports are printed so that all you have to do is verify and pay them.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"CRM-Start Up Option"

What do you like best?

Sage was the first CRM system I had ever worked with at the time I was introduced to it. It was really easy to get accustom to its functionality. A year after working with it, I was asked to take over Admin duties for the system which I truly enjoyed. I felt the customization options for new field creation and the layout for specific pages, etc., were really easy to complete.

What do you dislike?

The system got to a point where it simply did not meet our business needs any longer. We looked into upgrading the system but the cost of the upgrade was outweighed in comparison to the price of a brand new system...till this day I'm not sure if we made the right choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since we were looking to enhance the integration of our business process details and strategies those are the items that I would focus on enhancing.

We were developing a true CRM system not just a large roll-a-dex of contacts. we were looking to explore things like hierarchy's, parent accounts, integrating customer support tickets, contract details, the list could go on and on. We did look to see if we could implement such options into our current system, but by then we had already made the decision to bring in a new system all together.

Sage 100c review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Sage 100 review."

What do you like best?

I am not a big fan of sage. It is crystal report based and not flexible. Like many software of this kind it is geared toward subcontractors.

What do you dislike?

Double entry. It is built for accounting and the pm side is not good. I also wish it was web based and played better with other databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Web based. More flexible platform. Play nicer with Salesforce and other database software.

I use it to give reports and pm projects. It is used to manage and sort costs.

Sage 100c review by User

"Was a great software, but no real evolution since many many many years (French version)"

What do you like best?

Sage 100 ERP is different in all countries. So beware, the french version that I used might no be the same as for the english, german...

But this software didn't evolve since 2000. I was a user from 1999 to 2002, and at the time it was one of the best : fast, lots of features, easily customizable...

It was really a the reference in the market.

When I used it again, it was still the same 10 years after :(

What do you dislike?

It didn't evolve... Sage stopped developping the products, and just maintain them.

No real web feature, no real evolution inside the product...

Recommendations to others considering the product

The french version is still good, but it is no more the reference in the market. It should evolve, but sage seems to have no willing to continue de local products.

For the same pricing, you should consider web or more evolving products.

Manage the activity

Sage 100c review by Viola A.
Viola A.

"SAge 100 For Accounting"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of setting up multiple companies.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the difficulty of initial setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for smaller companies. You may want something more robust for larger companies.

We are solving having an ERP that grows with our entity. It's easy to add companies and navigate between them.

Sage 100c review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Time Entry Tool"

What do you like best?

There is no part of this tool that I can describe as being good. It satisfies the time entry needs, no more no less.

What do you dislike?

My interaction with this tool is limited to time entry. The means to do this is cumbersome and not easy to see what you're doing. The tool makes you trip over a weird scheme of entry boxes. If I make a mistake entering time, I have to go to another part of the tool to see a report of what I've entered so far and then sometimes enter negative time. Additionally, we use this tool through Citrix and on occasion it will refuse to open. It's not clear to me if this is due to Citrix or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience with the tool has not given me reason to recommend it.

Time entry and probably more, but any other functions this fills, I'm not a user of.

Sage 100c review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Frustratingly slow and cumbersome"

What do you like best?

I'm struggling to think of something here... I can't think of anything I actually like. Maybe the fact that everything's integrated (just like any ERP tool is)?

What do you dislike?

The time tracking tool is very inefficient. There is no history saved, so if I'm working on the same job codes every day/week, I have to enter them in every single time. When you have 10-15 job codes to enter, it takes a frustratingly long time to enter the information. Especially combined with its slow searching. Every character you type generates a new query to the database, so you end up flooding your own servers with searches - completely unnecessary, and it bogs everything down!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere if you have multiple offices that need to connect to this tool. The performance of Sage 100 was so bad, we had to set up a virtual server for users to connect through (via citrix) to make it usable.

Our company uses this for employee time tracking and shipping/receiving and billing.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Information flow excellence"

What do you like best?

Sage is a skeletal business software that allows you to customize and tailor it to meet your ever growing business needs.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot but I've been using it for 12 years so I got used to the key stroke hassles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Sage for use as the business software

We have a wide customer base. A good portion of our customers ask for changes to BOL's, Sales Order layouts, customized products. Sage allows you to build on all of that.

Sage 100c review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Good mid-level accounting solution, particularly for manufacturers"

What do you like best?

Low hardware requirements, easy to use, product updates come out regularly. There are many third party apps to customize the system, and there is also a large network of Master Developers to make custom additions.

What do you dislike?

Product updates can be buggy, sometimes large changes to the system are made with little notice

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reseller you choose is very important - the implementation and support of the project are pretty much entirely up to the reseller.

Integrating accounting with manufacturing software needs, such as keeping Bills of Materials in the same system as Purchase Orders for ease of use.

Sage 100c review by User in Higher Education

"Sage in AP"

What do you like best?

I like the best the ability to locate things so easily; I also like how it pre warns you, and then confirms when values are off.

What do you dislike?

The manual switch from lines to header is such a drag; being able to just hit enter would make much more easier when working in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If that's what your company uses, learn all the tricks and you will work smarter, not Harder.

We use Sage for our accounts payable concerns. Coming from a company that used their own software, Sage is pretty efficient with getting work done.

Sage 100c review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Excellent Product for any Growing Company"

What do you like best?

Creating the database takes time, but once it is up and running, it is reliable. Reporting functions are fully customizable but can be a bit too much for the average user to figure out. Thankfully the Sage Knowledgebase/Sage City has a plethora of workarounds, hints and tips that makes a world of a difference. The Sage Community is likely the most valuable aspect of the product.

What do you dislike?

The extensive cost of licensing considering that the platform is largely user-driven and that you pay for product support on top of the license

Bookkeeping and project management. Converting paper practice to electronic has had its moments but generally, inquiries and reports are done in a fast and effective way

Sage 100c review by Administrator

"Clunky but useful"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of customization that can be done and a lot of useful information that can be retrieved

What do you dislike?

With the ability to customize, you need to know how to do it. Without the help of companies who specialize specifically in the program it is almost impossible to do. It is also expensive to hire these people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very useful, but be ready for a learning curve

Ability to accurately keep track of project costs

Sage 100c review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Sage - no bells and whistles but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Sage can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be. We don't have an order centric system and that is fine. It allows us to connect our excel data to sage and is very useful with treasury management, procurement, and A/R processing.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little outdated and we can't figure out a way to go paperless while using sage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think our product support from Sage is really great! There are tons of features we could still get use our of and if you put in the time I think there is a ton of potential out there for Sage to streamline your Operations

Its a centralized way to organize our project data among multiple teams, vendors, and financial periods.

"Sage 100 ERP Sucks!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it keeps track of inventory.

What do you dislike?

You have a limit as to how many characters you can type in. That leaves you guessing a lot as to what the product is when you have many items with similar names at the beginning of the title. If you are entering orders for customers you sometimes have to click on 10 items to get the full description to pop up before you can find the one you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont waste your money

This system works well when it comes to keeping track of inventory. But really there are way too many bad aspects of the system.

Sage 100c review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Good product"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. The interface is fairly intuitive. The help section is fairly easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

Customization is more difficult than what we would like to see. It takes quite a bit of knowledge in various areas to make any changes to the program reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good ERP system. although it can seem a little clunky at times

The program handles all of our accounting and ERP

Sage 100c review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Sage is helpful "

What do you like best?

Sage is very helpful in the full cycle accounting world. It is very personalizeable for your type of business. I can get all of my modules to be customized to my needs.

What do you dislike?

With Sage some of my modules ( purchasing and accounts payable for instance) do not send data over as easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a system that will meet all of your needs when it comes to full cycle accounting this is it

The benefit is that you can keep all of the information in one system and it is easily transferable

Sage 100c review by Marouane T.
Marouane T.

"great software"

What do you like best?

Project Costing and Job Costing: Prior to using Sage 100, we were using Quick Books. At the end of the project, it normally takes us more than 2 hours per project for project final costing. Using Sage 100 significantly reduce the time on Project closing.

What do you dislike?

Batch processing makes some daily tasks very slow. If you have multiples batches, it's slow to process. Allows for supervisor review before posting, but slows down real time information and data analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Timely and accurate report on committed cost on specific project. Prior to using Sage 100, we were using Quick Books. At the end of the project, it normally takes us more than 2 hours per project for project final costing. Using Sage 100 significantly reduce the time on Project closing. In addition, crew on the job site does not know how much they are spending on a project, and end up we had surprises on the amount of money we have spent. Implementing Sage 100 provides workers and project managers idea of how much they are spending on specific line item and to make sure we are not going over-budget on any of the project without knowing it upfront. We are able to keep track of our cost more closely and in turn benefiting us on earning the same amount of money and profit as we expected, and sometimes more than what we have expected. With the job costing, we are able to use the historical data to estimate better on future projects.

Very easy to access with Microsoft Excel Queries, allowing for speedy sales analysis. Most standard reports download very well into excel for various filters and sorts.

Sage 100c review by Roshandra J.
Roshandra J.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Being able to look up account receivables or payable within the system. Don't have to call anyone in the accounting department as I have access to search on my own.

What do you dislike?

Site is pretty generic but not that hard to navigate. Did not come with any instructions had to learn how to navigate the system on my own.

None at the moment

Sage 100c review by User

"Sage- Software For The Next Level"

What do you like best?

I love how Sage incorporates simple unique learning concepts to solve company solutions. It’s super easy to pick up on and the support is amazing!

What do you dislike?

Someone the program crashes from time to time but the support team always find a solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to work on app functionality

We solved inventory system management as well as purchase orders and invoicing

Sage 100c review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Use as accounting software at IT Solutions Firm"

What do you like best?

Sage has a well structured general ledger module, input of both AP and journal entries are easy. All reports in Sage are Crystal which makes for very good reporting results. As a small company the ability to create a purchase order straight from a sales order is crucial. The less time we take, the better.

What do you dislike?

A key missing function is to be able to track serial numbers, we have to use Lotus notes for that which can be difficult at best and causes issues with not being able to track all inventory in one system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sage offers a tremendous value for the cost of the solution.

Single platform accounting and inventory system

Sage 100c review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Mediocre Order Entry software, nothing special. "

What do you like best?

Data Entry is simple and in a logical order.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the sales order numbers disappear once invoiced. Often customers call to track their order with their sales order #, which we often cannot track because the order has been invoiced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My company doesn't have it calibrated with eCommerce, but I wish we did. I'm not sure if the software has that ability or not, but we waste a lot of time entering online purchases as sales orders.

I use the software to create sales orders, invoice customers, and track customer history reports. It is nice to see what products customers bought in the past that they are currently trying to match or replace.

Sage 100c review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great software "

What do you like best?

We use sage to enter both sales and purchase orders. We are able to service our clients more efficiently and effectively. We are also able to generate reports to see which products are more profitable as well as track sales per client.

What do you dislike?

It requires training in order to utilize the different modules in this software. It sometimes can be time consuming in order to figure out where to find a particular report that is needed for a meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

hPurchase this software

It is a great tool to track revenue, which includes accounts receivables.

Sage 100c review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Good product works for our office"

What do you like best?

Easy to use once you've learned the basics.

What do you dislike?

Has some limitations. For example when we pull payroll reports for our workman's comp audit only the last year is available we need the three months prior to the cut off. In order to get around this issue we have to remember to print out the reports before we close the year.

Somewhat easy to track inventory once it is set up in your system. Has the ability to track inventory with serial numbers. However, does not work well for serial numbers that you use as "loaner" units when a customer's unit is being repaired.

Sage 100c review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"needs more details"

What do you like best?

The excel type screen, the organization panel.

What do you dislike?

not too many options to print notes in detail . It would be great if Sage had the option to chose what column you want to print

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for management, just need some extra features , especially more print options.

change orders for specific job

Sage 100c review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"Sage 100 ERP is a very feature rich, robust, low cost system. "

What do you like best?

Sage 100 ERP can be used by almost any type of business organization. The system has a low initial cost and yearly support & maintenance. It has many different modules from accounting to distribution to manufacturing. It comes with many standard reports, along with Crystal Reports and Sage Intelligence report writers. Sage software offers many Mobil cloud based apps that leverage the data in the system to better manage sales, inventory, credit cards, service, billing and payments. There are many additional modules that can be added for CRM, Fixed Assets, Shipping, Document management, EDI, E-commerce, Bar Coding, Multi-company, Multi-currency and many more. In short, it is a system any new or small business can afford, that can really grow and expand with them through their entire life cycle.

What do you dislike?

Sage 100 ERP is a very strong product for accounting, finance and distribution. It can also handle light assembly and manufacturing and job costing. Manufacturing and job costing however is not its strongest set of modules. I wish these modules were stronger and could work together better. This would help some current users, but also open up another whole set of potential users for the system. There are many vendor that do offer some enhancements to these module and also some additional modules. Sage software is aware of their short comings in these areas and is planning on addressing them over the next two years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need accounting, finance, distribution and light manufacturing then you must consider look at Sage 100 ERP. It is a proven product that has been around for many years. It has low initial cost, is very secure, can accommodate many users and is very expandable and adaptable as your business needs grow. For many companies it is the only system they will ever buy.

I have solved the financial, distribution, manufacturing needs of many different type of companies. Some examples include integrating a pet company's current website into a full blown e-commerce site and tying it all together into their Sage 100 ERP system. I had a manufacturer who needed the ability to add and scan bar codes onto their products for both their own internal use and their customers. I had a wine distributor who needed to add bar code scanning to their shipping process. I had a renewal energy company and a rehab hospital who needed to add credit card processing. I had another distributor who needed a way to group similar items together for quantity discounts. All were very happy to be able to solve their needs without having to change software.

Sage 100c review by Julie M.
Julie M.

"Corporate Controller"

What do you like best?

The versatility of SAGE allows accurate recording of distribution and manufacturing in detail to capture costs accurately. Right clicking on a grey area of a screen allows you to see who accessed the transaction last. Balancing modules monthly ensures accuracy when reporting. Most canned reports provide enough information to management for most research. Analyzing Cash is made easier using the Cash Requirements Report from AP and the Cash Expectation Report in AR.

What do you dislike?

Research could be improved using Drill down. Researching items is often done through multi-screen access rather than clicking to drill down.

Journal entries do not reflect the Main tab description once updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is logically driven. Modules are specialized for easier user definitions.

1. We house 11 active and related companies in SAGE. We are often calculating the expense between companies. SAGE allows enough details to sort out the separation for each company.

2. Errors are often glaring. Much of my time is spent making sure financials are correct. We have been able to set up the GL Chart of Accounts to ensure that errors filter out when running reports.

Sage 100c review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"SAGE 100"

What do you like best?

It works and once all the kinks are worked out - like ERP/CRM integrations - does the job brilliantly.

What do you dislike?

That we'll have to upgrade soon. :P I'm hoping it's easier than I've heard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAGE 100 is not the latest version and definitely compare other ERP/Accounting software. And don't expect a slam dunk implementation. Lots of logic and business process engineering involved in this type of implementation.

It's our ERP. Works in conjunction with ecommerce site and SalesForce order entry - it's our accounting, invoicing, etc., solution.

Sage 100c review by Ettore S.
Ettore S.

"A good tool to master your process management"

What do you like best?

Sharing company's data with employees by relying on a single database .

What do you dislike?

I'd like have more Dashboards, and a more easy customization

Recommendations to others considering the product

intuitive,efficiency, and with many many functions easy to use like Business management, management of cash and more

Inspect company's data at any moment and anywhere

Sage 100c review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"AP software for Building Management"

What do you like best?

The application is a lot more user friendly since the most recent update. The online features are a huge leap from the old Timberline Software

What do you dislike?

Ease of finding Check Registers on new interface, although after only a few weeks have almost fully adjusted to the improvements

Sharing of AP information needed for intercompany records

Sage 100c review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Great Software to get solid job cost accounting"

What do you like best?

I like the integrated modules so that information flows from takeoffs to POs, etc. Integrated software eliminates redundant data entry and errors.

What do you dislike?

There are multiples steps to accomplishing tasks - it seems like you should be able to save a form without have to recalculate each time. There are a few places such as payroll and progress billing that seems like you could eliminate a step or two in order to make it more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are ready to move beyond the basic quickbooks then this would be a great choice for you. It is so much more powerful and allows for stronger accounting controls that your basic off the shelf software such as quickbooks or peachtree (even though they are good products for what they do).

We are finally getting solid job budgets, actuals, and variance reporting.

Sage 100c review by Kat L.
Kat L.

"Sage 100 - Fantastic Software option"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ability to quickly learn software

What do you dislike?

Paid Time Off (PTO) tracking. losing quick access to prior year financials after archiving

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this system. It is easy to learn and use. The drill down options are very helpful when researching historical entries.

This system had already been used by my company for years when I was hired seven months ago. It is the easiest accounting system I have worked with to date. I like that data can be downloaded to Excel for easy manipulation and the screen print option allows you to drill down to the data source.

"Difficult to Use"

What do you like best?

I really don't have anything too positive to say about the program.

What do you dislike?

You need to look through the manual in order to figure out how to do anything, seems like the instructions to run a report takes longer than it should.

I have not realized any benefits, and I don't believe we are solving any business problems.

Sage 100c review by Juliet K.
Juliet K.

"Understandable"

What do you like best?

The sage software is easy and more reliable to work with in an Accounting environment. It helps you to perform work faster and gives you every bit of account when you input in the right data.

What do you dislike?

The annual upgrading cost much to our company and also

Recommendations to others considering the product

It worth its cost

WORKS FASTER

Sage 100c review by Leann E.
Leann E.

"Love hate realtionship"

What do you like best?

Multiple modules for total business management. Not too difficult to learn.

What do you dislike?

Lots of upgrades and with each upgrade comes a fair amount of bugs to work out and new configurations of where to find things.

SAGE ERP also seems to be a bit unstable and temperamental at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I give quality of support a 5 only because the support is so expensive, the support I get is usually adequate, but costly. Support is available through my re-seller quickly, but costly.

Sales order, invoicing, inventory, AR, return module, paperless office. Benefits are it can do everything.

Sage 100c review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Easy system to learn and operate"

What do you like best?

My primary use for Sage 100 ERP is creating and emailing invoices. I like the ease of which the invoices are created and how easily we can integrate our sales orders into the system and pull them up. I have only been using it for a few months and my job does not require the full use of this system, but for what I do it seems to be a well put together system.

What do you dislike?

While I do not personally handle putting the invoices into paperless office (that is done by another person in the department, but I do use paperless office to email the invoices out), I have been instructed in the process and it seems a little more complicated than it should be.

Distributing product to our clients.

Sage 100c review by Firoj S.
Firoj S.

"Sage 100 ERP review as user"

What do you like best?

I work is creating and emailing invoices.

The invoices are created and how easily we can integrate our sales orders into the system and pull them up.

What do you dislike?

Batch processing makes some daily tasks very slow

This feature i thing need to improve

Sage 100c review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Sync issues with Sage CRM - Duplicates"

What do you like best?

I've gotten used to the program so it's easy to enter orders.

What do you dislike?

Antiquated and doesn't leave much impression on me to want to use it. It currently has our CRM with duplicates and it's quite annoying and they are unable to fix it. Asked us for a lot of money to fix and it's still not fixed. Have another company looking at it this week.

This is what our supply chain manager uses to manage our inventory.

Sage 100c review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"User-Friendly with mobile access"

What do you like best?

The navigation is very simple, and customizeable. I like the business insights dashboard as well. Mobile access is great!

What do you dislike?

Not anything in particular - There's just a learning curve you have to get through to be able to use it to its full potential. It took a few months to really get the swing of things, but it ended up being something I used everyday.

Time saving since everything is all in one place. Nice to have one system to manage so many things at once.

Sage 100c review by User

"Experience with Sage as a first time user"

What do you like best?

Ease of navigation through the different portals. Searching for vendors, invoices, and payments is easy and convenient by using the different search windows.

What do you dislike?

The system is slow when pulling reports. When there are different users logged in it can be difficult to run a report without it freezing up.

One of the benefits is the ability to customize. Working on organizing vendor information by recording information in the vendor maintenance portal.

Sage 100c review by Gay B.
Gay B.

"Sage 100 has been great to work with."

What do you like best?

Sage 100 has been extremely flexible as we have customized the software to meet our business needs.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike about the software except for the time it takes to load up but, I suspect that has to do with our network system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research when hiring a company to assist with implementation and upgrades. We were told the software could solve several of our problems and we found out later; the software couldn't do a few of the things we needed it to do.

We utilize the AR and Sales Module to manage our maintenance department by entering equipment as AR customers and then creating sales orders to assign labor and sign out parts to equipment repaired.

Sage 100c review by Melissa R.
Melissa R.

"Good product for high-volume DE or companies under SOX not wanting to allow changes to prior entries"

What do you like best?

Sage 100 is a great product for those companies with a high volume of data entry, especially if you have many users. All entries can be done from the keyboard without having to switch over to the mouse or memorize a lot of keyboard shortcuts, unlike products like Quickbooks or Netsuite, which have different benefits, but quick-entry usability is not really one of them. It also has good controls for when managers must do approval of entry batches.

If you don't want users to be able to go back and change entries, this is also a good choice, as you cannot delete entries once posted--you have to do an opposing entry instead. Makes for a great audit trail if that's what you need.

The entry screens are fairly intuitive for the most part; your journal entries actually look like journal entries, and when inputting comments, it is consistent between modules so that if you are familiar with one, you will be able to tell when making an entry ina different module what will likely appear on the GL--so you know where to put in check line memos vs. GL comments for income statement review later.

Great options when inputting A/P & A/R or C/R for entering on-the-fly items tied to invoices or just putting it into a GL bucket. Can divide up each one as needed.

Reports can be printed short-style or long-style; that is, if you have long descriptions on your journal entries with lots of detail, you can print all of it, but if you want to shorten up your report, you put the important things at the front of all your entries, then the details, so you can print "short version" reports to save paper or just make it more readable.

Excellent reports available by period, to-date, etc. for budget variance analysis.

Good customization for report printing formats--though it can take some trial and error to achieve the result you're looking for!

What do you dislike?

Licensing fees for multiple users can become costly, but if you've got that many users, it's probably a drop in the bucket, relatively speaking. You can have more users than licenses, but they can't all be using at the same time, so you can save a bit if you have shift workers.

The inability to change prior entries can mean that users who think they know how to correct something may only end up making it worse--such as posting an A/P invoice dated 8/31 to a 9/30 entry period, or putting in adjusting entries on the Bank Reconciliation to cover for such an issue. It can be done, but you really have to understand how the system posts each type of entry.

Creating new reports can be cumbersome for those who don't know Crystal Reports REALLY well. Most companies end up outsourcing this work.

The modules work together well, but sometimes it can be frustrating to learn that one little thing you'd like to add is part of an entire module you haven't been using, and implementing the whole thing can be costly or time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want solidly immutable data with a great audit trail and compartmentalization for your users, this works well. If you are looking to be able to correct entries later (say, you're making recommendations to your small-biz clients for software in which you expect to have to make a fair number of corrections), Quickbooks or Netsuite are better ways to go. With those, you can lock prior months & just keep current periods open until you have corrected everything needed. However, it is a very good product to use if you have multiple companies in-house, as the requirement to switch companies entirely means that you don't mistakenly enter something under the wrong company.

It is helpful for speeding up data entry, both for journal entries and for A/P & A/R. Saves man-hours.

Also prevents people from just deleting an entry they didn't understand--improves the process of sa manager asking the user about it first, because they don't want to make a correcting entry only to have to correct THAT entry. Perhaps the original entry was in fact correct!

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Overall a good value, delivering a lot of functionality for a modest price"

What do you like best?

Basic accounting functions can be learned in a very short time. Most users are up and running in a few hours and feel proficient in just a few days.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. Take the extra time to work with your entire team or representatives from each group and identify your real needs, wants and nice to haves. Then really shop around and work to come up with the best match. interview ERP software manufacturers and resellers. And, most of all get references and interview them.

Identify which ERP will work best for your out of the box and the modifications and ease of such modifications.

Basically, plan, plan and plan some more. Give your company plenty of time to make and implement the right decision. If you rush, you will seriously regret it.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Great Investment and quick Return on Investment"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Sales Tax portion of the job cost. - That is should tie to the exact cost type.

Sage 100c review by Consultant in Business Supplies and Equipment
Consultant in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Easier than I thought"

What do you like best?

This program was much easier to use than I originally thought. Like other new programs, it takes a while to get used to them, but not Sage 100c.

What do you dislike?

The screen paused for me, so I don't know if I'm having a computer issue or its a sage issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you would benefit from using Sage 100c

I haven't really solved any problems, it's very similar to what I was using before, just a different version.

Sage 100c review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"User of CRM"

What do you like best?

I really appreciated the depth of what you can do with the product. THere are a lot of fields that information can be recorded in. there are a lot of things that can be customized int he system.

What do you dislike?

The system can really get bogged down and hard to start and navigate when there is a of information in the system. There seems to be a lot that has been added into the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommmend that people weigh options before simply choosing Sage.

THere are other ERP options that seem like they would be more powerful or more customer friendly .

Using the product as a CRM. Keeping application information straight,

Benefits are that I can find candidates I have talked to in the past.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"A solid product that has evolved nicely in the 15+ years that we have used it"

What do you like best?

Very nice feature-set for its cost. It has modules available that have satisfied all our our needs as we have grown. It's reliable, fast, and low-maintenance.

What do you dislike?

The proprietary database is fast and reliable, but I would prefer it to operate on an industry-standard product. It would also be nice to have more user customization available for the data entry screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't shopped for ERP software in many years, but my understanding is that there are many very similar products on the market. Perhaps, that quality of your local reseller/consultant may be the most important deciding factor in the purchase decision.

Manufacturing and distribution among multiple locations. The product supports good business processes, accurate inventory counts and financial reporting, and the high level of customer service that we provide.

Inventory management with barcode abililities and integrated shipment processing are specific items that are important to us.

"Sage 100 ERP Review"

What do you like best?

Sage 100 ERP is a robust software package. Nearly everything within your business can be managed through one, easy to use program. Inventory, accounting, payroll, general ledger, sales orders and packing lists (called picking sheets) are all available for printing or transmitting electronically. It's important to input information on customers, vendors and inventory accurately as the safeguards make it difficult to make changes in the future.

Sage 100 ERP can be easily customized to suit almost any business model and is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sage 100 ERP doesn't offer a simple way of changing information once it's been entered and saved.

For instance #1: Inventory number 123456 was entered incorrectly and it should read 12-3456. If you've placed an order under the incorrect number so there's history, you can't change it to the correct number for several months of inactivity. You can get around it by changing the description to read "use part number 12-3456" but it doesn't allow the change.

For instance #2: A long term customer changes ownership and changes their name. Sage 100 ERP makes it difficult to change the customer number to reflect the new name and keep the sales history. By the same token, once a customer number has been inactive for a period of time, they can be deleted but if you assign that same customer number to a new account, the history under the old customer often shows up under the new and it's inaccurate. It's the same under the purchasing for vendor updates. Changes are possible but only under certain circumstances.

If there is a way to send invoices as a group instead of individually, we were never able to make it work. We used the repetitive invoice feature often and it would've been nice to be able to send them out electronically.

For our company, technical support was very expensive and since we were a small business, often had to wait for several issues to need resolution to make it worth the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to use Sage 100 ERP to its fullest potential otherwise you cheat yourself out of the possibilities. It's an excellent software for any size business.

I am no longer with the company that utilized this software but it is still an excellent choice. My company didn't use Sage 100 ERP to its fullest potential but it is capable of doing most everything needed for business accounting and ERP. I personally was in charge of sales orders, inventory, purchasing and accounts receivable and it worked well for me. Our controller is able to create reports on profit margins, separate costs and see at a glance what those margins are and make changes as appropriate.

The company has been a Sage customer for a long time; from the old DOS based software to what is available now. It is much more user friendly and robust.

Sage 100c review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great product for many business aspects."

What do you like best?

Makes it very easy to manage inventory, acess information quickly and make changes simply.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike in my experience. Much of the menus are self explanatory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to explore menus and features to find added benefits for your business.

We are better managing inventory and location of said inventory. Sage makes it easier to log items and find them across many different business locations.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"CFO"

What do you like best?

Sage 100 is very user-friendly. In my 6 years of experience with the software, we have never needed to contact support.

What do you dislike?

I wish the A/P process in Sage 100 was able to handle electronic invoices and documentation.

We use the system for our monthly financial process and we are able to close efficiently without any issue with Sage 100 each month. A/P is easy and recurring data is simplified.

Sage 100c review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Active user"

What do you like best?

Wide variety of features for sales, manufacturing and ability to integrate with other 3rd party products.

What do you dislike?

Based on proprietary Providex database instead of SQL or Oracle to interfacing to it can be difficult. Visual Integrator(VI) for importing data into it is archaic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a look if you are a SMB. Generally very full featured for SMB's, but has limitations.

Is our ERP system that runs our systems.

Sage 100c review by Tarena M.
Tarena M.

"Sage"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to navigate once you understand the system.

What do you dislike?

There’s many areas to find information which makes it tough to learn & adapt too.

It stores a lot of information.

Sage 100c review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"Solid Product"

What do you like best?

The feature set of this program is great!

What do you dislike?

Often I know the platform has the capabilities I need but it is hard to find them in the weird menu structure.

This is a good platform to use for accounting.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Useful however, limted. "

What do you like best?

Sage is very simple set up, so it is easy to input items

What do you dislike?

Sage 100 has limited flexibility with

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research research research

Can generate detailed reports to track project progress/health

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Sage review"

What do you like best?

I love that if I do not know how to do something their customer service is great, and they will stay on the phone with me until I have it.

What do you dislike?

I think there are a few updates that can be done to the software to make daily use a little simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to call and ask them for help!

I had to learn how to do partial payments and I didn't even need to call. It was nice that I could search it online and it was quick and easy.

Sage 100c review by Brianne A.
Brianne A.

"Sage"

What do you like best?

I'm not the biggest Sage fan and find it difficult to use as compared to other CRM's

What do you dislike?

How far you have to drill down to uncover the information you need. I feel that it's an older product and there are much better alternatives on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally dislike this platform and wouldn't recommend it.

It was used to track inventory and invoice customers.

Sage 100c review by Amber A.
Amber A.

"Sage"

What do you like best?

I like that it will auto fill as many fields as it can for you

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is difficult to make searches

We use Sage for mostly accounting purposes

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Sage 100 ERP as a inventory management and POS system"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to take deep dives into accounting when needed

What do you dislike?

Lack of mobile integration. It seems like everything that should be included in this day and age is a 3rd party or first party add on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a mid-sized business you can't go wrong with Sage 100c

We had a problem keeping track of tracking on packages and solved this in house using the customizer rather then a 3rd party.

Sage 100c review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Sage 100"

What do you like best?

Pretty well structured, somewhat intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to install properly. Exporting files can be a pain. Causes problems with adobe pdf.

I process all AP. Invoice data entry, receipt of goods entry and check payment are all fairly easy to implement.

Sage 100c review by James M. W.
James M. W.

"A good mid market ERP"

What do you like best?

True easy to use double entry accounting system.

What do you dislike?

Having to purchase modules & enhancements seprately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore several other mid market ERP systems. Sage 100 will most likely be the best to fit your needs but be aware of the implementation & support costs.

Sage 100 solves basic & complex accounting & reporting needs.

Sage 100c review by Carmen S.
Carmen S.

"Sage is an intuitive and user-friendly application for managing the finance side of our business."

What do you like best?

We appreciate the simplicity and ease of managing payroll, accounting, billing, etc. in one system, especially coming from another system that was not as cohesive.

What do you dislike?

We dislike that we do not currently have salesforce integration for our Sage usage case.

We have solved the issue of inconsistent finance management within our organization thanks to a single application management system. We have been able to improve our budget clarity and transparency to our stakeholders and constituents

Sage 100c review by Harry L.
Harry L.

"Old Habits in the company mean we are stuck with this "

What do you like best?

It does the job but has been doing it for years. Sage being the cornerstone of ERP and accounting you know that you are in safe hands and it has good level of security and user control to make sure than non "accounting" users or SME owners submit accurate reporting data.

What do you dislike?

Licence install, not the most attractive user interface, I know this is accounts but but can still look good! We are looking for an alternative for next financial year but habit and comfort in the company and by users need encouragement to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is reliable and effective but is not the most user friendly and feature driven system so much depends on the user of the system and what their needs and experience levels are.

SME accounting solutions and require a system than can be managed and updated by business and commercial rather than financial experts.

Sage 100c review by Alan Q.
Alan Q.

"Sage 100 good and cheap for start up; not for a growing company"

What do you like best?

Cheap and affordable for minimal ERP needs

What do you dislike?

Looks very dated like Windows 95 or 98. Response times are also slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

cheap ERP for a start up company

ERP for BOMs and Sales Order Management

Sage 100c review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Sage review"

What do you like best?

Has a wide variety of reports that cater to my needs

What do you dislike?

There are so many dropdown menus that it can be confusing for new users

Sage helps us with our p&l statements

Sage 100c review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Platform works, but is slow and clunky"

What do you like best?

The ability to use a large server to store massive amounts of data compared to Quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

Slow and clunky, only one user can update a record at a time if there are multiple users on the same server.

We used it for tracking invoices and all accounting records. The user interface is simple and easy to navigate for new users.

Sage 100c review by Lizette R.
Lizette R.

"Accountant"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Inability to extrapolate data into reports.

We primarily use this for accounting, booking journal entries, creating invoices, A/P, etc. The benefits of this program is that it is very rudimentary.

Sage 100c review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Solid but not comprehensive (without extras)"

What do you like best?

Great cross-platform versatility, and tracking. Record keeping has also been great!

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooting can sometimes take more than a day.

AR/AP/GL

Sage 100c review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate accounting software. Simplifies daily cash deposits.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I have heard were updated in a newer version and will be ugrading to that shortly. No complaints.

Use in the treasury department. As mentioned before, it helps simplify the daily wires/transfers.

Sage 100c review by Christy J.
Christy J.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's flexible. Sage offers great solutions for customers who need to stay organized within their company.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't awesome. It could use some improvements.

We haven't really used this to solve anything. It was with the company when I came.

Sage 100c review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Pretty Easy to Use Once You Learn the Basics"

What do you like best?

Its functionality is excellent and it won't let you proceed if there is an error, thereby minimizing issues later on.

What do you dislike?

The interface is unattractive and not very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out for sure before buying, but if you're looking for helpful accounting software, I'd recommend it.

It catches errors, saves time, and makes my job easier.

Sage 100c review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"sage 100 erp"

What do you like best?

I find it very easy to use. It integrates with our other programs very well. It processes credit seamlessly. It tracks invenrory with easy. Online and phone support are always available.

What do you dislike?

We seem to have issues with pricing, price levels, discounts and specialmpromotions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it covers all areas of accounting, order entry, inventory, etc

We arent solving any problems. The benefits I realized are the monthly closing is easy to use and updates all of our information correctly.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Easier interface; however, too many configuration issues."

What do you like best?

The interface is easy and it is really easy to learn and navigate. The reporting system is improved and has more robust Excel import and export capabilities. Easy to use macro's.

What do you dislike?

The tools to map the reports are extremely hard to understand. Some built-in functions are redundant and not applicable to general users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smaller to medium size companies that do have too many entities should look into this product.

Integrating several entities into one for reporting purposes. Consolidated reports can be generated; however, running these reports can take a long time.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"Best ERP out there"

What do you like best?

The user interface is nearly flawless. The customizability is top notch. The usability is teally how it ought to be.

What do you dislike?

The licensing and support pricing is a bit too high. I would like to see a stronger customer service ethic. I want something eternally upgradeable and reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize it to the fullest.

We are solving all sorts of accounting problems. Account spending buckets have been changed for the better. The reporting is so much improved it is the greatest benefits.

Sage 100c review by Kyra D.
Kyra D.

"Sage 100 for the not for profit"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ability to have a paperless platform

What do you dislike?

The discontinuation of the F9 feature and continual upgrades that occur within the company

For me the largest issue I faced in my department was a growing need to simplify the accounts payable department. Creating the ability to scan invoices and create a virtual platform for myself and staff and allow the capability to work from any location instead of being tied to an office desk is cost and time saving.

Sage 100c review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"I helped keep track of jobs and accounting. "

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to use. It was relatively intuitive, and the support people were very helpful. The reports were my favorite part of the program.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in articular that comes to mind.

We needed a way to keep track of jobs to the day, and that program helped a ton.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great accounting tool"

What do you like best?

Wonderful accounting tool that's great for small businesses

What do you dislike?

It could be a little more user friendly in regards to how the tools in the software work with each other (i.e. There's need to be quicker shortcuts to things)

Don't need a separate accountant or really expensive software

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Sage review"

What do you like best?

The flow and ease of use. I was coming from an all paper background and moved over to Sage and made the flow of work easier.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really love it. Helped me a lot.

I am taking 5+ years of paper and moving them to all digital files. Sage has helped tremendously with it.

Sage 100c review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Decent Quote Software"

What do you like best?

Can story many item numbers and descriptions. Somewhat easy to edit.

What do you dislike?

the back end coding is a little confusing and sometimes the formatting comes out wrong. not very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a "super user" who can become an expert and resource for others

Quote making, ERP Management.

Sage 100c review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"A lot there that I don't know how to use"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access item or customer data.

What do you dislike?

There are so many options, that I'm sure there are more things I could do, but I don't know how to wade through it all.

Understanding customers and item data. It's nice to have access but the software doesn't seem revolutionary

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Sage 100 ERP"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, customize, Using Sage 100 significantly reduce the time on Project closing, security is perfect

What do you dislike?

It wouldnt allow change of information by users

Recommendations to others considering the product

will recommend the product to others, also companies in africa

It is helpful for speeding up data entry such as Microsoft Excel Queries, speedy sales analysis and Also prevents people from just deleting an entry they know nothing about

Sage 100c review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Descent product, but serious reporting problems make it challenting"

What do you like best?

Easy to.learn most common functions. Dinding transaction detail.os not challenging. Drill down is a helpful function.

What do you dislike?

Reporting interface is inconsistent from module to module, as is the reporting output. This givea the appearance of ad hoc production of the aoftware.

We have also had issues with the use of transactio date vs date posted in aging reports requiring explanation to financial auditors until.it was figured out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reciew the reporting and processea carefully and compare.

Nothing exceptional is.being reaolved or.provided.

Sage 100c review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Easy Construction Accounting Usage"

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly and privacy is always important

What do you dislike?

There was nothing much I would say I did not like. It is an easy to use program

I am able to keep track of my work load and contracts.

Sage 100c review by User in Import and Export
User in Import and Export

"Easy to use but basic"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to learn and use - good for new staff onboarding

What do you dislike?

That you can't personalise it in any way - there are features we would adapt to suit our business model

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is basic

Finance, sales ledger, invoicing is quick and straightforward

Sage 100c review by Catherine M.
Catherine M.

"Sage 100"

What do you like best?

Their Customer Service dept. is fabulous. They stay on the phone with you until the problem is solved. Their knowledge base is amazing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that once you post a T&M invoice, you cannot re-print with all the description and detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small construction companies

WIP - there are reports that could be utilized to simply this process

"Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. Everything is electronic (paystubs, ability to safe a PDF, CSV etc)

What do you dislike?

Only one user can be logged in at a time

Provides more forecasting for the company

Sage 100c review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Not a worthwhile ERP for our small business"

What do you like best?

It turns on

You can type on it

It can somewhat pull information into a report-like form

What do you dislike?

Almost everything else

Doesn't sync or work well with other software

Limited user experience

Seems to always have glitches

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't.

Running production for a manufacturing company, which MAS did not help out that much.

Learning about Sage 100c?

* We monitor all Sage 100c reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.