Sage 50c Accounting

3.6

Sage 50c (formerly Peachtree) brings you best-in-class accounting standards, more flexibility and mobility than any other desktop solution, and affordable subscription plans that offer the best value for your business.

Work for Sage 50c Accounting?

Learning about Sage 50c?

Sage 50c Accounting Reviews

Ask Sage 50c a Question
Showing 55 Sage 50c reviews
Sage 50c review by James B.
James B.

"Out dated and extremely hard to use"

What do you like best?

It is very hard to write something positive about Sage 50. The only thing I can say positive about was the ability to create product codes and break down products easily.

What do you dislike?

The whole software is out dated in terms of user experience. In this day and age you want to be able to automate as much as possible. Sage offers no automation at all you had to buy additional packages to do simple things like invoice email reminders and to schedule invoices to be sen automatically. Reports you needed a degree in to actually create and if you had no training on sage you would potentially mess up massive. No bank feed integration as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate if your business needs to have this software, look at the reporting and integrations against software like Quickbooks or Xero. Sage you will need training and you need to use it daily to get used to where everything is hidden. Also if your using Macs you will need Windows and Bootcamp or Parallels for Mac. Windows will cost you an additional Ā£180 and Parallels will cost you Ā£100 a year to use.

The only thing Sage 50 helped our business was the ability to move from a cheaper piece of software to allow us to group sales by products and with a lot of difficult be able to report on this.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sage 50c Accounting
Sage 50c review by Kristine  B.
Kristine B.

"Software is fine, support cost not five"

What do you like best?

I find the software easy to use for the most part. I did not find a huge learning curve. Modules are clearly labeled

What do you dislike?

Over the last few years, the yearly support and update charges have skyrocketed. Last year's increase was almost 40% from 2016. The explanation? Microsoft 365 integration. We do not run the cloud version and we have no interest in Office 365 integration. But we are required to pay for something we will not use. When asked how it would be "better" the canned answer was 365 integration.

Also, we often get weird errors that can only be corrected by calling support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the software is functional, the rising cost of the yearly support and updates is a factor, especially if you are not using the Office 365 and cloud functions.

We use it as our primary accounting software.

It is a cost effective software package although it does not do everything we would like to. Before Sage acquired Peachtree, we had a lot more functionality in the inventory module.

What Small-Business Accounting solution do you use?

Sage 50c review by Adam G.
Adam G.

"Soon to be closing account with Sage"

What do you like best?

Sage has many features which are brilliant, and the reporting side of things is quite advanced. the multi currency options available to work well since we have implemented them. We have used sage for many years and it has always been ok for what we needed, but we have now decided to move away form this.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features need lots of training to master and are not very user intuitive. The is no option to run Sage 50 on a mac which has meant we have to run it on an office based server, which means i can only access sage 50 when in the office. This has caused many problems of visibility over the years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would opt for the cloud version now as it is much more user friendly. But you should opt to view a few of the other new cloud based accounting systems as they offer some good options as an alternative. we had a few months worth of headaches after switching but now we are a few months in we are in a much better position.

We have recently decided to move away from Sage in favour of Xero so are currently only using it as a backup until our year end when we will be switching it off. I did explore the Sage 50 cloud option but i found the xero pricing structure, and ease of use to be more attractive.

Sage 50c review by Logan Y.
Logan Y.

"Big learning curve but worth it."

What do you like best?

The screens are broken up into sections which makes it easier to understand. There are icons and menus so its great for either kind of user. I personally love the old school menus but the others in my office love the icons. Its the best of both worlds.

What do you dislike?

Backups can only be made if you are closed out of the software. This is horrible because with 20 users I have to way of being sure they all log out at night. The backup system for this software really needs some vast vast improvements. Also the Fixed assets needs its own set of backups which is a whole different issue. Contacting support for this software is expensive and then the wait time is crazy long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the multiple uses of the software from everything from the customer sales all the way to payroll.

We are better able to get everyone on the same software and one the same procedures. With user security we are able to only have each user in the part of the software that they should have access to. Users are not able to access the General ledger and portions of our accounting that they are not involved with.

Sage 50c review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"My SAGE 50c Experience"

What do you like best?

I greatly enjoy the way that all information is linked to the other parts of the program. This means that when I update information within one area, it will automatically link to the next area, so on and so forth.

What do you dislike?

When entering time tickets, it is not possible to simply add the time in without a colon, and have it right itself automatically, you have to add it in exactly how it is meant to, otherwise it will go back to zero and you have to do it all over again. I have worked with other payroll programs and they are much easier, with this as an added benefit. Peachtree does not have that built into its system, which means it takes much longer to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a very strong program and will take your company far. It will expand along with your company and you will be able to gain a lot of business while remaining with Peachtree. It has a great built in payroll system and it helps immensely!

I am able to ensure that across the board all the different purchases are matched up to the sales orders, in order to make sure that the orders are going in correctly. I have the benefit of ensuring that the jobs are assigned specific job IDs and then when a job is pulled up, you can pull a report of that job to see how many people worked it, how many purchases were made for it, and how long the people worked on the job from start to finish.

Sage 50c review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"I would Pick Sage again and again"

What do you like best?

Sage 50c has helpful, fast and professional tech support. Their help documentation is superb to the point that having to contact tech support is often not needed. it is adaptable to any kind of company ad they have multiple choices to set up a company if you don't want to start completely from scratch. They have updated all of their modules so is easy to set up your company's accounts to be as specific or general as you want. It is easy to customize reports but their built in reports are more than adequate.

What do you dislike?

Payroll module has a finite number of accounts, but they did expand it a couple of years ago, so it's better than it was. Sage constantly implements better changes each year and they have a meeting every year that all users are invited to attend and have their voices heard so they can implement changes to make it better for people that use their software every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone because it is very user friendly, they have helpful, fast and professional tech support. Their help documentation is superb to the point that having to contact tech support is often not needed. Sage 50c is adaptable to any kind of company ad they have multiple choices to set up a company if you don't want to start completely from scratch. They have updated their payroll module that is easy to set up multiple wage accounts to be as specific or general as you want.

We have changed reports to be used for specific purposes. Time wasted correcting mistakes is minimal compared to what it used to be. Very easy to run their reports at the end of the year to be used to send out 1099's and W-2's. Very easy to create memorized transactions to be used for checks and Journal Entries, which also cuts down time and leaves little margin for error.

Sage 50c review by User

"Great for quotes, sales orders & invoicing "

What do you like best?

One of the best apps Hingis about SAGE 50 Accounting is the amount of things you can do. From creating sales Qoutes to customers, to converting these Quotations into Sale Orders and creating an Invoice with the sale is completed or done. Very great for keeping track of different sales/projects. SAGE allows you to pull reports such as open receivables, overdue receivables and open receivables that are about to become overdue.

What do you dislike?

There is really not anything I can say I dislike about SAGE 50 Accounting. It has been a great addition to our company ever since we received it!

Organization and communication with our employees are two of the benefits outlet company has received their gun SAGE. There is a feature on SAGE arhat allows you to make notes on Sale Order forms (this is great for keeping everyone else updated on that particular sales order).

Sage 50c review by Lee P.
Lee P.

"Easy to use for non CPA"

What do you like best?

The screens are easy to understand. Support team is great for explaining where to put things and how to set it up. The conversion from Quickbooks was automated and was almost perfect. We just had to make a few tweaks.

What do you dislike?

The management of the users and passwords is all only in the software and cannot be emailed to the users. The support team will not answer accounting questions just how to. The fact that you have to enroll and pay for their payroll services now is more expensive but i guess worth it since you know its done right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really check out the Fixed assets software if you have assets that can depreciate.

Be sure to use the users securities if your have multiple users..

We are able to streamline the asset management saving us tons of time and mistakes. User management allow us to have users only in the areas they need to access and not full access to the General Ledger.

Sage 50c review by Herm H.
Herm H.

"Sage 50c is a good if not great small business accounting solution."

What do you like best?

It's relatively simple to use combining traditional accounting features with a standard Windows interface that includes abundant help, wizards, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sage 50c is built on top of a Pervasive SQL database which can be flaky. It has a very low tolerance for any type of network drop or latency which can cause the product to shut down unexpectedly. Data loss or corruption isn't a problem, however. Never had a data loss issue in over ten year's use.

The other issue is the software must be run on a Windows based machine. For companies utilizing a Linux server, this can require an additional dedicated computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sage 50 bridges the gap between traditional accounting software and solutions like Quickbooks. Not quite a full manufacturing package, but handles sales orders, purchase orders, inventory, etc. well.

Managing orders, inventory, billing, payroll, and all other accounting / manufacturing software areas.

Sage 50c review by Troy B.
Troy B.

"Sage 50's powerful and rich accounting software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, Powerful control of Inventory, payables, receivables and reporting.

The ability to control and monitor inventory along with detailed inventory reports. Complete checking account control with reporting and reconciliation. Invoicing and the ability to custom design invoices and layout. Customer database with contacts, quotes, sales orders and customer statements. Also allows the options of forms to be able to prints late payment notifications to customers.

What do you dislike?

On sales/invoicing under customer id, you are not able to search for a customer by other fields such as city, state, zip code, etc .

Not able to pay multiple vendors with one payment for select invoices to those vendors. Example. We use credit card payments for many of our vendors that we purchase inventory from. Instead of writing a check for each vendors to the credit card co. I would like the option to chose which vendor and invoices to pay with one check.

Editing a sales tax from a previous sales tax setting. If a rate has been changed by the local or state you have to setup another tax rule and not able to use the previous sales tax because it will affect all the the previous sales tax reporting on all past invoices that were charges and collected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sage 50 is very detailed. Please allow a support contract for help with any and features to get setup and running.

Sage 50c review by Penny K.
Penny K.

"Works Well for Small Business"

What do you like best?

Sage 50, formerly Peachtree, has always been a reliable accounting system for our small business. It allows for easy set up of general ledger accounts and check printing to save time.

What do you dislike?

Upgrades are difficult, sometimes when upgrading, the new features cause our check formats to become unworkable, requiring a redesign, which takes valuable time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if you need more powerful accounting features, and also how tech-savvy you are for ensuring upgrades go smoothly

Sage 50 provides reliable accounting and expense management for our small business. It's easy to set up and administer for a few users.

Sage 50c review by User

"Horrible experience with their customer service"

What do you like best?

Nothing positive to write. The products is outdated and it doesn't allow connections with the newest apps. We've switched and we're so glad.

What do you dislike?

Horrible experience - they charged us for the renewal that we didn't want and even though the renewal date was 7 days ahead from the moment I contacted them, they refused to return our funds. Moreover, they were rude and they kept cutting the call and transferring me to other people who wouldn't even introduce themselves, so I cannot give you any names. I spoke with their customer service, sales, then back to customer service and so on. Finally somebody gave me the number to the refund department (it grew out of nowhere or something after 5 days of my calls) and the person on the phone informed me right away that the refund is not happening (without even asking my account number or order ID), because "that's the policy of Sage". The worst customer service I have even dealt with. They got my $2000, but I hope they will lose the next $20k from other potential customers who'll read this review. The product won't keep the customers long term, so they try to get as much money as possible, even if it means deliberately not disclosing the policies that are being followed by the company. Shameful practices and poor product.

No benefits, just hours of time lost on the phone with their customer service that shouldn't even be called that. No customer should be treated that way and such actions should never be called "service"

Sage 50c review by Tanya D.
Tanya D.

"Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2016"

What do you like best?

This is the first accounting software I've used and to be honest I've never liked much about it - but - I do appreciate that the newer version still allowed for seeing the 'Classic View' of the home screen. We used to pay for the premium care, and I will say that their customer service folks were always very professional and efficient - even if they couldn't fix the issue, they gave it their all and I was never on hold for very long.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't support multiple currencies effectively. I have Canadian, US and UK company currencies and in order to consolidated them I have to keep five separate books in order. It's very, very time consuming and fussy. I don't like the character limit for naming things - if the invoice I've received is 40 characters long, I should be able to enter that! And I don't like how the windows when I want to look up an entry can't be re-sized. I can't read the whole source or comment note and it's really, really frustrating. And, sure, I can make those columns wider - but that cuts out something else - I can't see the whole picture and it wastes my time. If I've looked something up in the general journal entry window I can't just start a new entry - I have to shut the window and open a new one. It defaults certain things based on a previous entry, but not consistently, so I always have to triple check everything... I've just found it to be a very fussy and unintuitive program.

I admit there are a lot of functions we don't use, so that could be skewing my view a fair bit! But even a trial version of some other options seem far more appealing to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your best to use a trial version first, just to make sure it suits you. If you're the end-user spend as much time with it as you can to make sure day-to-day use won't annoy you as much as it does me!

We're not solving business problems, and we're not realizing benefits - we need accounting software and this is what I came on board to find from my predecessor. I've heard about alternatives, so, come year-end I will be investigating them.

Sage 50c review by User

"Poor Interface and Worse Service"

What do you like best?

This software does what we need it to do, which is handle our accounts payable.

What do you dislike?

The interface is old in its appearance and function. We've had a couple of really bad service experiences with them, in which it was very difficult to get a hold of anyone who could help, and then they charged us for something we didn't want and, after we challenged the charge on our credit card and had the charge reversed, they refunded the charge, meaning that we owed them because they allowed a double refund. When we didn't pay because it was their mistake that they should have fixed, they referred us to a collection agency. It wouldn't have turned out that way if they had been in good, polite communication with us and fixed their own mistake (or had a good system to begin with, which would have prevented their mistake).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to establish a good relationship with your account manager.

We use it for accounts payable -- to write checks to pay our company bills. We like that it's a fairly automated system that keeps a check register and allows us to print mail-ready checks.

Sage 50c review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Helps with inventory and accounting information"

What do you like best?

That you can create reports for anything that you can think of, once you have the reports you can manipulate them to look the way you want and only have the information that you want. Once you have it the way you want you can save it that way so that the next time you run the report you don't have to change it at all.

What do you dislike?

Some things seem to be hard to undo, it seems like you have to go through a multitude of steps just to undo somethings in order to keep the checks and balances right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use it the correct way, going through all of the steps to make sure the checks and balances are correct it works and you should have accurate reporting.

We were able to keep our inventory and spending in one place and accurate once we learned how to utilize the system properly.

Sage 50c review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cheap Software with Some Limitations"

What do you like best?

The software is familiar and easy to use. It runs fairly quickly most of the time. The cost on it compared to some more complex softwares is pretty low. We are a small company and this fits what we need for the most part.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations operationally, like integrating notes into each customer or logging serial numbers. Also it is difficult to run analytics on part numbers per customer. You need to have a separate CRM which is tedious to use. In order to find out how many of one part a specific customer ordered, you have to actually pick apart each invoice and it is not easy to just figure it out by running some kind of report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want this for just accounting, this program is great. However, the big issue for us is that we sell capital equipment which is serialized. We also sell parts which are serialized. You can't log these serial numbers anywhere, other than adding to the description of the part. So when you need to reference those serial numbers, this program does not help you at all. Most people sell items that are serialized so it makes no sens to me that after all these years they have not implemented that portion.

The benefits are that it is very cost effective and performs basic tasks. Most people already know how the software works so that makes things easy as well.

Sage 50c review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Sage 50C "

What do you like best?

I've found this version significantly improved from prior versions - the run time and processing are much faster. There are a lot of very easy to use features like the order copy feature, which makes it very helpful to place orders for repeat items. Converting quotes to orders is very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

I do find it very difficult to integrate this software into any of our other business processes/systems. Converting quotes to orders is great, but it keeps the date of order the same as the original quote date, which makes no sense. Once an item is marked non-stock, I can't find a way to have pricing update from prior orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None that I can think of.

We are not using this system for our acknowledgements, which customers have found exceedingly helpful. We've also added a lot of information to these acknowledgements that help with shipping turnaround, clarity on ship dates, etc.

Sage 50c review by Hillary N.
Hillary N.

"Sage 50 Accounting software"

What do you like best?

The data storage and functionality is absolutely wonderful! The multi-user capability is also a great feature as more than one person can log in and use the software easily without too much interruption.

What do you dislike?

Peachtree software overall is slow, therefore Sage is included. The software does crash at least once a week which makes getting work completed a difficulty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember to always save work completed, perhaps every 5-10 minutes, with the crashing that tends to happen. Otherwise, it's great software!

Payroll is much easier to deal with. Payroll services are built in and easy to use for paying employees, tracking benefits, and reporting tax wage information within a simple amount of time.

Sage 50c review by Robert M. P.
Robert M. P.

"Try it before you Drive It!"

What do you like best?

The ease of generating financial statements and reports. Day to day business activities are easily managed with this software. You can add modules to include Interactive reports, cloud based storage and payroll processing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are challenging to locate if used infrequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial and try as many of the features as possible.

We have realized the ease of managing our books without having to use the services of a professional book keeper. Date entry is very straight forward and the list of chart of accounts is already set up.

Sage 50c review by Oisin A.
Oisin A.

"Feature rich but with a steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

Sage Accounts is a well known package, and it has been built in a way that allows it to meet the needs of almost any business. For anything sage can't do out of the box for you, there are plugins and alternative ways for you to still achieve what you need through development of your own addons (provided you have a developer license).

Sage's strengths lie in the organisational elements it places upon your business, forcing you to keep your records in a structured manner. It's popularity also comes as a strength, as it is then easy to find help online and your accountant most likely has knowledge of the package already making it easy to send your data over for end of year processing.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve you must go through before you can easily use the software. and the interface could be a bit more intuitive.

Also multi-currency support isn't great either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

sage 50 is good for small to medium businesses, but if you are a sole trader or one-man business it might be a bit overkill for your needs and somewhat frustrating to learn to use

Sage accounts has helped me keep my business records in order, and stay on top of invoicing clients and reminding them about outstanding payments.

It also has made things very easy for me to work with my accountant as all I have to do is send them a recent backup for them to do the end of year processing for my business.

Sage 50c review by Samuel P.
Samuel P.

"Easy to use beginner software."

What do you like best?

The user friendliness of the interface. Support for the software is great as well they are very helpful in getting your through learning blocks.

What do you dislike?

the backup process is very slow since our data is quite large.

we are better able to process customer payments and invoices.

Sage 50c review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Not so simple!"

What do you like best?

The Dashboard seems very user friendly (at least at first sight). There are notices asking you if you really want to submit or erase your entry, so in that sense chances of fatal errors are scarce although it does happen because data don't save automatically and when you think they are saved, they're not backed-up... Customer support is good (I was able to retrieve my lost data through them! ;-).

What do you dislike?

I have never studied accounting and too often, I wish I had for the help desk is terrible. I still can't figure out why it used to be called Simply Accounting before!. I can rarely find on the spot the answer I am looking for.

Simple company accounting. I do better manage my accounts (purchase and sales, but hardly the loans and governmental data...

Sage 50c review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Sage 50 Accounting review"

What do you like best?

easy to use - learning curve is short, The software provides easy data entry, plenty of options, you can easily move back and forth between periods. I

What do you dislike?

using on a network server (data on server) can be tricky and difficult to install updates

every window opens minimized...and there isn't a way to make that a global change to always maximize

You have to close 2 years back to open a new year - so you can't adjust (i.e. YEAR end AJEs from accountants) once you close.

ease of smart posting (but i have a choice)

quick entry, job costing on a weird, new service business that has made cost tracking and Gross margin tracking a good start

Sage 50c review by Jay B.
Jay B.

"Less integration than Quickbooks, but very good"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great customer service, easy report creation.

What do you dislike?

Not as much software integrates with it as Quickbooks. That is really my only dislike regarding Peachtree (Sage)

We use it to manage our accounting. Although we did at one time, we no longer use it for payroll.

Sage 50c review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Accounting Software"

What do you like best?

I have found it easy to use and have very little trouble with it

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything that I dislike about this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this. I have not had any problems or issues with it.

tracking payables & recielvables is easy. Bank reconcilations are easy

Sage 50c review by User

"East to use Accounting Software"

What do you like best?

Self explanatory. Easy to see icons. Easy set up.

What do you dislike?

Error codes. Speed. Allow more users to access and post at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are set up on a fast server.

Multiple users are able to access information. Easy to analyze graphs to show due invoices.

Sage 50c review by User

"Love Sage 50 Accounting!"

What do you like best?

This is my first time using Sage 50, I have been impressed by the ease of use. I was able to come up to speed quickly, and find the software to be very intuitive

What do you dislike?

Perhaps a little too easy to change things... Also it's expensive for a small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the ease of use, you will be up and running in no time with Sage 50

Sage 50 handles all of my bookkeeping needs for several small businesses.

"Sage 50 C Review"

What do you like best?

My company has had Sage replacing Peachtree Accounting since 2016 I would say it has been a slight step up from Peachtree.

What do you dislike?

The President of the company had a very hard time setting up the software of Sage he couldn't get thru to the online support he was very disappointed.

We do a lot of Inventory for three of our out of state business as well as having to log Invoices and keep all journal records.

Sage 50c review by Julie S.
Julie S.

"Hard to update."

What do you like best?

The program is relatively easy to use. Self-explanatory.

What do you dislike?

Hard to update. Every time we update it seems to interfere with data files saved in the program.

We use this as our accounting software. We have been Sage customers for years.

Sage 50c review by User in Design
User in Design

"Sage experience"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of being able to track customer accounts as far as invoicing and tracking payments.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it seems like it takes forever to log in and get it to come up on my computer.

Tracking membership dues and advertising.

Sage 50c review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Great Basic Accounting Package"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. We utilize ADP now for payroll, but the Payroll Module in Sage was great!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. More features would be great, but I think that those features are available, we just need more customization than Sage has.

Great basic accounting package. Reporting is easy in any format we need it, pdf, excel, etc.

Sage 50c review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"27 Years Of Accounting"

What do you like best?

In my 27 years using Sage 50 products (formerly Peachtree Accounting), I find the software to be user friendly and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to modify reports. The software makes it difficult to make reports the way you need them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than Quickbooks!!!!!!!

Monthly financial statements are easy to read. Entering financial data is simple, then you run reports to determine how your business is doing.

Sage 50c review by Executive Sponsor in Public Safety
Executive Sponsor in Public Safety

"Sage for our SME business"

What do you like best?

We like having a single platform to process all of our incoming; outgoing financial transactions; and payroll.

What do you dislike?

I find the scope of reporting somewhat limited - there are many very basic standard reports that we cannot run without incurring development costs, which is not an option for us at this stage of our growth. We end up exporting everything into Excel, which is fine, but an unnecessary step in the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe scope out better/more flexible versions that they are able to offer.

Integration with our company pension scheme.

Sage 50c review by Administrator

"Outdated and over priced"

What do you like best?

It's easy to navigate and understand.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't update on the 1st of the month, It has to be manually changed.

It's easy to switch back and forth between purchase orders and invoices.

Sage 50c review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Well used to it. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, customability. The most recent upgrade we downloaded has made backups and operations more stable than when the software was known as Peachtree.

What do you dislike?

No dislike of the software itself, but my boss is a cheap prick and has us using a Dell Dimension e510 that used to be his daughters and is still running Windows Vista (yeah, I know... like I said, he's a cheap fuck), so I can't comment on more recent upgrades to the software.

No applicable answer available for this question.

Sage 50c review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Tough software to use"

What do you like best?

It is highly customizable including but not limited to multiple different forms, invoicing, check printing with various different brands manufacturers etc.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty complicated to learn and to make modifications to check that are printed. To void a check requires multiples steps....why??

Recommendations to others considering the product

make it more user friendly

payroll

Sage 50c review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"So much better than the competition"

What do you like best?

Sage 50 does exactly what I need it to do. It is user friendly and I really like that I can process payments directly through their software. I like that I can customize and save reports. I like that My Dashboard can be customized to things that I use on a regular basis without changing screens.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Sage 50. The only things that could be improved upon are the forms. Editing them can be very tedious.

I think that we may switch to the Sage Wholesale Distribution as it may benefit our company more.

Sage 50c review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Business owner essentials "

What do you like best?

Details bring out this programs full potential. I'm a small business owner and this had my accounting so much easier for my life.

What do you dislike?

Tricky to get started and learn how to use.

Has solved me going out to get an accountant who does the same thing I do on this program.

"Sage 50c Accounting"

What do you like best?

Sage 50c is very easy to use and simple. It works.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the annual tax upgrades. Customer service is slow and tough to get a hold of. When I am having issues, it takes more time than I'd like to be in touch with their team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, but consider QuickBooks for a less expensive option.

Accounting and ease of reporting.

Sage 50c review by Administrator

"Great easy Accounting software"

What do you like best?

Pulls reports quickly. Ease of entering journal entries. Can manage multiple ā€œbusinessesā€

What do you dislike?

Takes forever to download reports into Excel format. No options to adjust page layouts for pdf conversions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software but can be laggy and freezes often. Slow if working on the server remotely.

Overall accounting management. Tracking rep payer accounts. Reconciling accounts.

Sage 50c review by User in Packaging and Containers
User in Packaging and Containers

"Sage 50 Accounting"

What do you like best?

I like the reports and how it is easily integrated into excel and outlook. We use it daily. I enjoy the dashboard and easily move between all the different modules.

What do you dislike?

Some reports have to modified for your preferences. Sometimes you can't modify a particular form. It has to be completely made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, just make sure your current software will integrate.

We enjoy it. I am able to put together my purchasing reports. We realize there are many benefits if properly trained.

Sage 50c review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Dated Product with a Poor Future"

What do you like best?

Safe 50c has no redeeming qualities. Years of bugs and problems that have never been resolved.

What do you dislike?

Maintenance and updates are a pain. Software is buggy and slow, even when using high end hardware. An interface that has not aged well at all. Very difficult to create custom reports or to integrate with other applications.

Accounting

Sage 50c review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Easy to use and fast!"

What do you like best?

I love how the invoices can be created so easily and the system does not crash.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the billing address always shows up in the shipping address when we create a shipment. it is also difficult to add a ship to address for each customer.

This is no Customer Relationship Management integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very great for ecommerce companies

We can create clear invoices for customers reference to most efficiently communicate with each other.

"Decent accounting software."

What do you like best?

Fairly easy navigation and operation once you get the hang of it.

What do you dislike?

Program design feels somewhat dated and customized reports are more difficult to generate when compared to competitor's software.

Sage is a tool used to help manage a business's transactions and performance. Accounting software is far superior to hard copy bookkeeping which is more vulnerable to human error and illegibility. Furthermore, performing audits on e-data is much more efficient.

Sage 50c review by User in Computer Software

"Simple and feature rich"

What do you like best?

As a company we have used Sage 50 for years and even have integrated it with our CRM. Fantastic product and cost effective for the features on offer.

What do you dislike?

Does not have a concept of different stock locations

Quick and easy invoicing that is customisable to meet our business requirements

"Perfect "

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and learn about it and understand the program.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesn't want to export the statements to excel so I had to try more than once.

All accounting tasks

"Works GREAT"

What do you like best?

We love the way Sage works. It keep great track of all invoices and receivables.

What do you dislike?

Currently we do not have any issues with SAGE.

No real problems. We realized how accurate it works and it keeps our account in order.

Sage 50c review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great product, but unfortunately a bit dated."

What do you like best?

Easy to use platform, basic general ledger, and good standard reports

What do you dislike?

Dated software, lacks modern functions, difficult to create custom reports, not optimized for nonprofits

Looking to increase our ability to budget more deeply across greater divisions and programs

"Simple"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and has great help when you need to call

What do you dislike?

Not like quickbooks so you have to make sure youre posting to the right thing.

Easy to create reports

Sage 50c review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Best accounting software for small business"

What do you like best?

Product is easy to use and hard to mess up (i.e. unsophisticated users can't do something that can't be fixed easily)

What do you dislike?

Program isn't cloud based as far as I know.

Sage enables us to keep track of our numerous projects easily.

Sage 50c review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Frustrating for export"

What do you like best?

It's got a simple initial learning curve

What do you dislike?

Exporting data always throws up a lot of errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not the best.

Standard accounting software. Easy to use for accounts payable.

"Sage Accounting software"

What do you like best?

user friendly , able to handle small business well

What do you dislike?

bank reconciliation limitation with certain bank.

keep track of history record, able to go back many years.

Sage 50c review by User

"Use for basic accounting, proposal, invoices etc"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, fairly easy to use and find needed info within different tasks

What do you dislike?

not foreward compatible with new Window versions, had issues updating

better mange accts receivable

Sage 50c review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Working well for our needs"

What do you like best?

It does the job, allows us to track our financials

What do you dislike?

How hard it is to pull out data so we can load it in to our DW

Full ERP and Financial system

Sage 50c review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, customizable reports, and accurate

What do you dislike?

Some settings can be tricky to found, unfriendly UI.

Accounting

Learning about Sage 50c Accounting?

* We monitor all Sage 50c Accounting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.