Sage Estimating

Sage Estimating is a software solution designed for the construction and real estate industries that provides electronic takeoff, cost database, job costing, project scheduling, and more.

Work for Sage Estimating?

Learning about Sage Estimating?

Sage Estimating Reviews

Ask Sage Estimating a Question
Showing 12 Sage Estimating reviews
Sage Estimating review by <span>Fred J.</span>
Fred J.

"Sage 300 "

What do you like best?

Building an estimate framework is quick and easy. Database can be tailored to suit the needs of your specific niche or core work type.

What do you dislike?

We are a relatively small company with an emphasis on renovations and remodels. In our model we don't use a vast majority of the horsepower behind Sage 300. So...I guess this isn't a knock on the software so much as it's a statement about it's usefulness in a given application. My advice to a company looking at estimating software would be to assure that Sage is congruent with your need....because they'll sell it to you whether it is or not.

The ability to run job cost reports showing actual costs versus estimated costs is a great tool for staying on budget.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sage Estimating
Sage Estimating review by <span>Jaime R.</span>
Jaime R.

"The power of Sage Estimating"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the level of detail that Sage Estimating allows me to engage in. I love the ability to store the historical data and I am able to draw the information to include in my current estimates.

What do you dislike?

It takes too much time to set up a project. I felt the interface is very clunky and could use some improvement to stream line the project set up. I have to create reports to get the data I need. The template reports are too bulky and don't provide the narrow results that I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good software to use when providing a bid to a client. It is very helpful if you are using the accounting feature from Sage, as it interfaces with the estimating module.

The software allowed me to quickly provide estimates for bidding purposes. I was able to quickly learn the program and able to teach the program to others on my team.

What Construction Estimating solution do you use?

Sage Estimating review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Commercial Construction Estimating Software"

What do you like best?

Sage is a great software to pull together a Construction estimate. I heard they are working on some great updates that allow it to be more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a fully integrated takeoff feature that is linked to the database. A complete turnkey software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the most updated version and stay up with them

It allows you to do comparison reports which helps identifys the difference between two types of estimates whether it’s conceptual or construction.

Sage Estimating review by <span>Brian B.</span>
Brian B.

"Excellent resource for construction estimating."

What do you like best?

The estimating database functionality is really useful for assembling comprehensive construction estimates. Our company uses Sage Accounting software, and the transition between the two pieces of software within our company workflow is nearly seamless.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve to really use the software to its full capability is daunting.

Assembly and tracking of multi-division construction estimates. Access to historic data on construction costs.

Sage Estimating review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Sage is great"

What do you like best?

Sage does everything! I love being able to do what I need in one program. The estimates I've used a few times, but it's very much like the rest of the options sage provides.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to get the hang of the program and it's niches. It's not quite like the stuff I've used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you send out lots of estimates to different clients, I recommend this program. It was very helpful and saved me lots of time.

The company I worked for sent out estimate on a weekly basis. Sage kept everything organized and easy to access for references or to resend clients.

Sage Estimating review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Sage Timberline"

What do you like best?

Timberline is a very good data manager that allows us to sort and categorize our proposals in many different ways to accommodate management and our clients

What do you dislike?

Out of the box database leave a lot to be desired, especially in the mechanical and electrical disciplines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Walk before you run. To implement this product to your corporation successfully you will experience some pain. With time, 2 to 3 years, you will be completely satisfied.

Having the ability to sort to the detail that is required allows us as a business to analyze our proposals in depth from a variety of angles.

Learning about Sage Estimating?

* We monitor all Sage Estimating reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.