Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct is cloud accounting and web-based financial management software designed to help companies improve performance and accelerate growth.

Work for Sage Intacct?
Sovos account  2x

Learning about Sage Intacct?

Sage Intacct Reviews

Ask Sage Intacct a Question
Showing 551 Sage Intacct reviews
Sage Intacct review by <span>Zack S.</span>
Zack S.

Powerful Time and Expense Tracking Software, But Not Very User Friendly

What do you like best?

At our marketing agency, we used to have time tracking and client invoicing as two completely separate operations. Now that we use Intacct, we are able to save a lot of time by getting both tasks accomplish in one piece of software.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not very user friendly. It can be difficult to find the best way to accomplish simple tasks, until you know what you are doing. Compared to Harvest, it takes me much longer to fill out my weekly time sheets because there are so many more options that need to be selected (seems like there is a lot of room for simplification).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This piece of software has a lot of powerful features but can take a good bit of time to implement and get all of your employees up to speed. It's probably a better fit for a larger business vs. a smaller one.

We are solving the need to have ~90 employees track their time each month, and then invoice our clients based on individual rates and number of hours worked. This can obviously be a very time consuming process so it's great to be able to do it all with one piece of software

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct review by <span>Tom A.</span>
Tom A.

Outstanding Scalability

What do you like best?

First off, I love the speed of Intacct. The dashboards refresh in seconds and reports run quickly, online or offline.

Second, the user experience is excellent. I am okay with some complex screens but Intacct keeps it to the essential stuff. It's surprised me how quickly users of Quickbooks adapt to a system that's actually a lot more complex underneath.

Customizability! I can rearrange the input screens (somewhat), write my own reports and dashboards, even make SmartRules and SmartEvents to keep things on the straight and narrow.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the Intacct handles company charge cards. The process for recording and paying off card charges seems unnecessarily complicated and I'm hoping they'll fix that in an upcoming release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider implementing and integrating in phases. Start with core financials and integrate expense reporting and bill payment. Later add Projects, Contracts and other complex processes and integrations with Salesforce, etc.

Don't use for manufacturing or heavy inventory at this time.

A big one for us is Project Costing. With Sage Intacct we have timesheets and expense reports that feed right into Projects. We can bill those hours and expenses right back out again automatically. Or, for projects where we are charging a flat rate, these things go into the cost and we can instantly see whether we're profitable.

Also love custom dashboards with Performance Cards, so I can devise metrics I want to track and see them right there every time I open Intacct.

What Accounting solution do you use?

Sage Intacct review by <span>Todd D.</span>
Todd D.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

Flexibility and power

What do you like best?

The ability to build your own reports to match existing formats used for audited financial statements, to essentially embed in the ERP what probably took many hours each month to produce using data downloads and manual manipulation in Excel

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I can think of that I would say I dislike about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to get your data organized before implementing, as it will be well worth it. Intacct can do virtually anything you can comprehend from an ERP system, from Contracts to Order Entry to A/R and Collections, to Project Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and Cash Management ... and of course, a best-in-class financial reporting package including customizable, role-based dashboards featuring drill-down into underlying transaction data. You can track employee time and expense as well, and allocate to projects. To properly capitalize on the conversion to Intacct, however, it will pay off to really put the time in to scrub your legacy data first: get rid of old vendors, GL accounts rarely if ever used, etc.

We've seen a much more streamlined chart of accounts and our clients gaining efficiency by being able to see business insights quickly using dimension filters, rather than having to manually deconstruct and recompose data

Sage Intacct review by <span>Jessica G.</span>
Jessica G.

Excellent product!

What do you like best?

Intuitive, easy to use financial system! Productivity has skyrocketed after implementing Intacct for our non-profit organization. We love the accessibility and reporting as well as the flexibility offered with the use of dimensions. Our employee users love the dashboard feature and the availability of real time data!

What do you dislike?

We would love to see a mobile application that is easy to operate on the go! Some approvers within our company struggle with approving consistently as many are traveling and have trouble with technology in general. Some others complain about the comments section after declining a transaction. You can access it after clicking inside the history, but they would like easier access to see comments.

Sage Intacct provides real time data to our key decision makers, including executives and department managers. Dashboards have been a game-changer for our organization. Dimensions provide the ability to slice and dice our data in a way that is useful for analysis.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Laura I.</span>
Laura I.

The Best move you can make

What do you like best?

The automation of data entry cut down on our bookkeeper's time by 25% - 50%; allowing her to take on additional duties. The ability to customize reports EXACTLY how you want/need is limitless and provides an in depth look at your company with a click of a button, once your reports are built.

What do you dislike?

There are minor features that do not exist in Intacct that I would love to see added (such as keyboard shortcuts for saving an entry). But nothing worth complaining about or that inhibits the usability of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on the fence - the cost of Intacct is more than worth the time saved (labor expense). Everyone would love the ability to free up time in order to maintain a more balanced workload, or take on additional duties. Intacct is the solution to get you there!

Quicker reporting/insights. A LOT less data/manual entry of information. We've moved from spending hours on data entry to being able to spend more time analyzing the information in the system.

Bookkeeping tasks are streamlined because of the ability to mass import transactions.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Karrey W.</span>
Karrey W.

What's not to like?

What do you like best?

What I like best about sage Intacct is how easy it is to navigate and locate things. Everything is able to be broken down into ways that make sense for our company. Reporting, look ups and all functionality make so much sense, compared to some others.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Sage Intacct is how slow it responds to some things and that not everything for a particular invoice/payment is on the same screen. Several times you have to click multiple times just to find the exact piece of information you are looking for.

The business problems we are solving with Sage Intacct are having all of our general ledger information in a streamlined process.

Learning about Sage Intacct?

* We monitor all Sage Intacct reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.