Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct is cloud accounting and web-based financial management software designed to help companies improve performance and accelerate growth.

Work for Sage Intacct?

Learning about Sage Intacct?

Sage Intacct Reviews

Ask Sage Intacct a Question
Showing 576 Sage Intacct reviews
Sage Intacct review by <span>Jennifer Z.</span>
Jennifer Z.

"Great company, even better software!"

What do you like best?

The implementation process was smooth sailing. Everything that we expected the software to do, it does! Great reporting capability!! It's very user friendly, training and implementation was faster than expected. Tags= life changer!

What do you dislike?

My one and only complain is that there isn't a "Back" or "Next" button within a module for entries. In the AP module- when auto populating from previous invoices ALL the data repopulates when I only would like the line items (entries) to repopulate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to remember that when you are switching software, some (or most) of your company's internal processes will have to change in order for the system to work for you. You can't but the old into the new, you must upgrade and adapt. I would also recommend implementing internally versus seeking outside an implementation company. 1) MONEY SAVER 2) only you know exactly how your company works, its needs, and what you want in the system.

We're spending less time on day-to-day tasks and more time analyzing and reporting on real time data! Tracking receivables has become easier and journal entries are a thing of the past!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct review by <span>Brandy R.</span>
Brandy R.

"Highly configurable and powerful, but not without its quirks"

What do you like best?

#1 - Configurability

- Dimensions

- Configurable and visual dashboards

- Configurable, scheduled emails

- Permissions and contols

- API for pre-configured or custom integrations

- Locked into a small business discount for entirety of the relationship -- 50% discount on some add-on modules or an effective 15% off sticker

- Quickly being able to build out a set of different internal books, like a pro-forma view of what your 2 companies would have looked like financially had they always been 2 companies (not recently split off from 1).

- Great training courses (for an additional fee) and instructors

What do you dislike?

#1 - Expect to spend a lot of time setting up this system -- both with your implementation partner and after. While the system is quite powerful and configurable, someone has to set it up.

- Support often takes 1 week to ping back basic responses that don't address problem; quick to kick back to you without addressing thoroughly or asking good questions to elicit more information

- Finding community suggestions that are:

-- years old

-- on expected features

-- something support referred you to recommends (as though it's a new idea and no one else has asked for it) when there's no solution

- Small business discount maxing out at 3 users -- heavy increase on subscriptions if we expand by one more business user.

- needing to ask to turn on features that are globally helpful, like audit trail or Collaborate

- Some settings are not granular enough, for example turning off an employee type user's ability to email a PO to a vendor while still providing them with related abilities for internal purposes.

- Configurable emails are limited to customers only. No customization on email to vendors.

- Using merge fields is very tedious and time consuming. If you want to build a cover letter to go with those weekly automated emails, forget it. Apparently there was once a Word plug in that assisted with this -- it's stated to be no longer supported but remains downloadable.

- The additional fee for use of APIs and a sandbox environment -- one of the selling points of the system is that it's "built to integrate with other systems" and it's primary function is as the accounting piece. So why not include these features to begin with?

- Other features: Payroll -- We don't use it because it's not offered. Selecting Intacct means you'll need to select a new payroll provider. We opted for ADP to enhance our HR offerings and use this partner's pre-integrated platform to port over weekly payroll activity. This was another big implementation we took on last year. I elected to continue using Quickbooks for payroll the next 2 quarters while we configured this piece after we had Intacct configured.

- Downloading banking activity requires a 3rd party integration, which you'll also need to separately implement with that vendor since Intacct is so highly configurable, mapping to your dimensions isn't standardized.

- There aren't a ton of pre-built reports and building reports, while powerful, is very time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of course, it's to do your homework. I relied heavily on resources like G2Crowd for pooling together unbiased, education reviews before approaching vendors. Infor was the top contender for an all-in-one ERP before we decided on a best of breed approach.

Have patience in the process. Ask lots of questions. Demo and ask if you can have a login ID to test drive.

Know your requirements. We worked with a local accounting firm for consultation on what we wanted our entire system to do.

Don't neglect doing homework on the support. Don't expect perfection, but know what your deal breakers are. Ask if you can have a community user setup before making a purchase. I'm not sure if that's a thing, but I think you'll be surprised at some quirky little things that you'd expect to be quickly taken care of that aren't. Like an 11 year old "under consideration" request to increase the max logo resolution from 216 x 43 pixels to 300 x 300 pixels -- you'll actually need to remove your logo from all the standard reports or IT WILL print pixelated. This in and of itself shouldn't be a deal breaker, but the small things you expect to be inherited add up. You don't need to come up with an exhaustive list of everything, but you do need to ask lots of questions while you demo.

We LOVED working with Cargas. We worked with excellent communicators and project managers dedicated to keeping us on timeline and budget.

- Better segregation of duties through:

-- different user license levels (mail room supervisor entering digital PO request rather than turning in a paper request)

-- very precise granular permission settings on defined roles

Several features we are not using today will be used at a later time. While we implemented the accounting piece of Intacct last year, this was the first of many pieces that we are still custom developing. The purpose for selecting a more powerful accounting system was so that it could eventually serve as the warehouse of financial transactions, business rules manager of financial transaction and for building reports and dashboards for executive overview.

The real intent of moving into Intacct has yet to be realized:

-- integrating with other systems

-- greater visibility into our financial statements for better, faster decision making

I will absolutely update this review if given the opportunity once we have our custom pieces developed and integrated.

What Accounting solution do you use?

Sage Intacct review by <span>Zack S.</span>
Zack S.

"Powerful Time and Expense Tracking Software, But Not Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

At our marketing agency, we used to have time tracking and client invoicing as two completely separate operations. Now that we use Intacct, we are able to save a lot of time by getting both tasks accomplish in one piece of software.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not very user friendly. It can be difficult to find the best way to accomplish simple tasks, until you know what you are doing. Compared to Harvest, it takes me much longer to fill out my weekly time sheets because there are so many more options that need to be selected (seems like there is a lot of room for simplification).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This piece of software has a lot of powerful features but can take a good bit of time to implement and get all of your employees up to speed. It's probably a better fit for a larger business vs. a smaller one.

We are solving the need to have ~90 employees track their time each month, and then invoice our clients based on individual rates and number of hours worked. This can obviously be a very time consuming process so it's great to be able to do it all with one piece of software

Sage Intacct review by <span>Tom A.</span>
Tom A.

"Outstanding Scalability"

What do you like best?

First off, I love the speed of Intacct. The dashboards refresh in seconds and reports run quickly, online or offline.

Second, the user experience is excellent. I am okay with some complex screens but Intacct keeps it to the essential stuff. It's surprised me how quickly users of Quickbooks adapt to a system that's actually a lot more complex underneath.

Customizability! I can rearrange the input screens (somewhat), write my own reports and dashboards, even make SmartRules and SmartEvents to keep things on the straight and narrow.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the Intacct handles company charge cards. The process for recording and paying off card charges seems unnecessarily complicated and I'm hoping they'll fix that in an upcoming release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider implementing and integrating in phases. Start with core financials and integrate expense reporting and bill payment. Later add Projects, Contracts and other complex processes and integrations with Salesforce, etc.

Don't use for manufacturing or heavy inventory at this time.

A big one for us is Project Costing. With Sage Intacct we have timesheets and expense reports that feed right into Projects. We can bill those hours and expenses right back out again automatically. Or, for projects where we are charging a flat rate, these things go into the cost and we can instantly see whether we're profitable.

Also love custom dashboards with Performance Cards, so I can devise metrics I want to track and see them right there every time I open Intacct.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Todd D.</span>
Todd D.

"Flexibility and power"

What do you like best?

The ability to build your own reports to match existing formats used for audited financial statements, to essentially embed in the ERP what probably took many hours each month to produce using data downloads and manual manipulation in Excel

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I can think of that I would say I dislike about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to get your data organized before implementing, as it will be well worth it. Intacct can do virtually anything you can comprehend from an ERP system, from Contracts to Order Entry to A/R and Collections, to Project Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and Cash Management ... and of course, a best-in-class financial reporting package including customizable, role-based dashboards featuring drill-down into underlying transaction data. You can track employee time and expense as well, and allocate to projects. To properly capitalize on the conversion to Intacct, however, it will pay off to really put the time in to scrub your legacy data first: get rid of old vendors, GL accounts rarely if ever used, etc.

We've seen a much more streamlined chart of accounts and our clients gaining efficiency by being able to see business insights quickly using dimension filters, rather than having to manually deconstruct and recompose data

Sage Intacct review by <span>Jessica G.</span>
Jessica G.

"Excellent product!"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, easy to use financial system! Productivity has skyrocketed after implementing Intacct for our non-profit organization. We love the accessibility and reporting as well as the flexibility offered with the use of dimensions. Our employee users love the dashboard feature and the availability of real time data!

What do you dislike?

We would love to see a mobile application that is easy to operate on the go! Some approvers within our company struggle with approving consistently as many are traveling and have trouble with technology in general. Some others complain about the comments section after declining a transaction. You can access it after clicking inside the history, but they would like easier access to see comments.

Sage Intacct provides real time data to our key decision makers, including executives and department managers. Dashboards have been a game-changer for our organization. Dimensions provide the ability to slice and dice our data in a way that is useful for analysis.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Laura I.</span>
Laura I.

"The Best move you can make"

What do you like best?

The automation of data entry cut down on our bookkeeper's time by 25% - 50%; allowing her to take on additional duties. The ability to customize reports EXACTLY how you want/need is limitless and provides an in depth look at your company with a click of a button, once your reports are built.

What do you dislike?

There are minor features that do not exist in Intacct that I would love to see added (such as keyboard shortcuts for saving an entry). But nothing worth complaining about or that inhibits the usability of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on the fence - the cost of Intacct is more than worth the time saved (labor expense). Everyone would love the ability to free up time in order to maintain a more balanced workload, or take on additional duties. Intacct is the solution to get you there!

Quicker reporting/insights. A LOT less data/manual entry of information. We've moved from spending hours on data entry to being able to spend more time analyzing the information in the system.

Bookkeeping tasks are streamlined because of the ability to mass import transactions.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Velma H.</span>
Velma H.

"A great business decision"

What do you like best?

There is no question that my favorite part of the Sage Intacct system is the reliability followed closely by a ability to link to other business products that enhance our efficiency and productivity.

What do you dislike?

I am still struggling with the report writer to get the data I need out of the system when and how I need it. Recent enhancements have helped but I am still learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your business so you don't waste time in the implementation process revising structural issues that could have been addressed at outset.

Our organization has a global reach and Intacct is allowing us to reach all our players in real time to do our business now instead of tomorrow. We are saving money and of course time as a result.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Margaryta G.</span>
Margaryta G.

"Bookkeeping system"

What do you like best?

Very structured and organized accounting system. Convenient to keep track of records. I like that the system keeps track of all the invoice and document numbers, which nullifies duplication or reckless mistake.

What do you dislike?

I would say that it is a periodic failure in the reflection of recent records in general ledger. Sometimes I enter an invoice, and it does not show up until the next day or so. And it creates a little of confusion and it is not very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great tool to focus on your financial decisions rather than spending lots of time on manually generating reports

Entering invoices, processing payments, working on financial projects. It is just fast and convenient. You have everything you need already organized and generated for you.

Sage Intacct review by User in Public Policy
User in Public Policy

"Intacct"

What do you like best?

I like the easy and intuitive interface - it has a lot of functionality. I know recently that our company realized that there were features that intact offered that we were not using this included the project dimension which is a great tool for nonprofit grant tracking. I like that Intacct has a two step verification which gets sent to my phone every time I clear my history or my chance.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Intacct. I think that it is overall extremely intuitive . I do know that the customer support we have received is not the best. However, I just input bills and card charges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not feel that I am qualified to recommend this to anyone, as I just use it at its basic functionality. I have heard that it is a great software and I hope that the small amount of input I have given will be enough to help out potential buyers.

Accounting and bookkeeping for the nonprofit organization. Preparing for audits. Although I think intact has a learning curve, I think the basic functions are extremely intuitive. If you want to learn to do reporting, I think there a bit more of a learning curve and a need for knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping concepts. As an administrative assistant, I think that Intacct is great for the function that I am using the product at, which is account reconciliations, AP input, Manual payments, ect.

Sage Intacct review by <span>David H.</span>
David H.

"Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software"

What do you like best?

Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

Transitioned difficult reporting into real time dashboards.

Also allowed us to report at a much deeper level which made it easier for us to review on the accounting side as well as to provide the detailed data necessary to help grow our company.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Karrey W.</span>
Karrey W.

"What's not to like?"

What do you like best?

What I like best about sage Intacct is how easy it is to navigate and locate things. Everything is able to be broken down into ways that make sense for our company. Reporting, look ups and all functionality make so much sense, compared to some others.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Sage Intacct is how slow it responds to some things and that not everything for a particular invoice/payment is on the same screen. Several times you have to click multiple times just to find the exact piece of information you are looking for.

The business problems we are solving with Sage Intacct are having all of our general ledger information in a streamlined process.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator

"Premier Core Financials/ERP System to Build All Your Company Systems Around"

What do you like best?

*Ease of Use-extremely intuitive-esp. for finance & accounting users

*Highly Scalable/Customizable-capable of supporting small startups to large multinational companies

*Ability to Easily Interface with Other Systems

*Great Dashboard tools that are easy to develop and deploy

*Fantastic On-Line User Help Functions

*True SaaS/Cloud Based Solution- no Latiency or other Issues you see with solutions that started on prem. and then offered cloud solution

*Competitively priced- esp. in terms of annual increases that thus far have not following in-line with some of the tier one providers (e.g. Oracle/SAP)

What do you dislike?

*Difficult to find developers- whether contract or for hire. Likely due to this still being a relatively new system compared with some of their competitors

*Customer support is marginal- we don't pay for the enhanced support so that may be a lot better. Fortunately, due to the intuitive nature of the system and the wealth of easy to use on-line support, customer support calls or logging of issues is not needed very often

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend it. If you are on the fence I would suggest attending their annual users conference. It is extremely educational and well attended. I was also impressed that they had a program and day dedicated to just CFOs. As a CFO I found this very beneficial from being tailored to like minded users and the networking opportunities.

*Allowed us to migrate off Quickbooks and establish a core system that has enabled us to continue to grow

*Open platform is allowing us to work with one of their VARs to develop a custom solution for our core business which is very unique

*Provides great real-time dashboard and other reporting tools for running our business

Sage Intacct review by <span>Aaron T.</span>
Aaron T.

"Great financial cloud application, but customizing is a bit challenging"

What do you like best?

I love the Intacct mission, their drive that pushes them to change the finance area of business. Going from status quo to truly real-time and anti spreadsheet! The new UI is great and really has a nice modern feel. If you don't need alot of customization Intacct's 'vanilla' app works GREAT!

What do you dislike?

Customization is a bit challenging. Intacct's API is very limited, we've been having a heck of a time trying to integrate with our very custom Salesforce environment. Having said that, there are custom developers out there and also tools like 'Workato' that can help make tying custom installs together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you will be customizing Intacct, do yourself a favor and talk to Workato or a custom developer. :)

Financial account for whole agency.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Bonnie L. F.</span>
Bonnie L. F.

"Simple but powerful software"

What do you like best?

Intacct is easy to implement and to get your team up to speed. Most of the program is intuitive. What I like best is the ability to integrate with multiple other software vendors to really customize your financial ERP ecosystem. We are so much more efficient since implementing Intacct.

What do you dislike?

The current report writer is so-so and needs improvement. However, a new report writer is schedule to be released in the coming year!

No more paper! We are now completely paperless, nothing is lost, and everything is held in the system. We can also slice and dice are data in so many different ways allowing the finance team to give our company valuable insight and analysis that we never had prior to Intacct.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great GL system"

What do you like best?

The Intacct/Sage system is user friendly and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Custom reporting could be easier in this system. We find the platform services reporting tool to be cumbersome and not the most intuitive. It would also be nice to be able to copy and paste data into system journal entries rather than having to import a csv file to the entry. Lastly, the ability to import an excel file and not just csv would be helpful as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have excellent consultants with experience in implementing this particular system to ensure you have the smoothest transition possible.

We upgraded from a 20+ year old legacy GL system to Intacct a little over a year ago. We were looking to gain efficiency in processing for AP and AR and increased report functionality. This system has met most of our needs and wants and has increased visibility into our financial metrics.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Laura C.</span>
Laura C.

"Easy to use and customize to your needs"

What do you like best?

I had never used intacct before starting my new job but i found that it was so easy to understand and use the product from having used mainly oracle.

I can easily customize different factions and reports to better suit what i need.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes trying to get someone to get back to you on specific questions sometimes takes longer than i would like.

when running the reports, and then you make a change on some errors you might have found in the FS, it would be nice if a refresh function was added so that you do not have to go through the whole step of setting up the report again.

I have noticed that our non accounting people like more visual aids to better understand the reports we give then. I like that in intacct ,you can highlight different areas that will be more beneficial to that user to help them make better decisions in their departments and come up with better budgets because of these visual aids.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Zane S.</span>
Zane S.

"Sage Intacct Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. I was able to learn the system/features quickly and teach others as well. The training is a lot as needed, because the system is easy to use, but is complex in the number of ways you can group information.

What do you dislike?

The custom report writer is difficult to use, but they have a new drag, drop and play feature coming summer of 2018 that will allow you to build the reports and view instantly. This helps a lot when you are building a report for someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The dimensional reporting that allows our employees to cross section our financial data in numerous ways allowing them to use the data to make better decisions and be good stewards of our resources. This tool has assisted us in a deeper analysis of our programs as well as allow our team to help cut costs and keep our camps on track Budget wise.

With Sage Intacct we are able to provide great information to different departments in the organization. Ad Hoc reporting is a breeze.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Nathan G.</span>
Nathan G.

"Intacct Customer Service"

What do you like best?

gall the different tools to make accounting processes flow better

project module to track profitability on each sole project, ability to customize modules, recurring transactions AP/AR

What do you dislike?

The customer service is a joke, I have been in contact with them since May on a JE that was created in the future in a different currency which causes major issues.They keep telling me they are looking into it, but it is now December and still we cannot reconcile our books for the year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a lot to learn at first, but once you get your feet under you the system can do almost anything you want. Great to be able to customize certain things to minimize errors.

BLOCK THE SYSTEM FROM MAKING FUTURE JE'S IN A FOREIGN CURRENCY

efficiency, that you can track budgets to the task on projects

recurring billing option saves time to get our customers there bills in less than a day, AP as well

Sage Intacct review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

"Innovative and Efficient for All"

What do you like best?

Sage Intacct has been the most user-friendly accounting information system that I have used to date. With consistent system updates and seamless fluidity throughout, it's the only way to go.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I find is whenever I'm trying to drill-down on a transaction in either a GL report, bill register, etc. Too often am I not taken straight to the original transaction, or worse, taken to only a grouping of transactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to believe if you wish to achieve.

Honestly, the benefit in having a cloud-based AIS has been insurmountable. To save on storage space of backup documents, as well as having access to them from anywhere (even at home!), has brought nothing but convenience.

Sage Intacct review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Flexible and absolutely Intuitive"

What do you like best?

Intacct works with so many other software products and has established API's that make it easy to build a bundled solution .

What do you dislike?

When working with ERP software, setup is critical or you'll find yourself doing some AP transaction on the ERP and some in Intacct. That gets clunky as, depending on the type of spend, you'll have to toggle between the two systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While fine for distribution, it would be nice to be able to use Intacct in a simple assembly environment--no elaborate BOM or MRP functionality. I have a service-based healthcare client who also sells light equipment with a little configuration. It would have been nice to not have to look for another ?manufacturing" solution since it's a small part of their overall business.

While you need training to become an advanced user and take full advantage of the many features, Intacct is so intuitive that anyone with some experience with QB or ERP financials can execute basic transactions without much instruction. Intacct is perfect for our office because we serve many clients, have seasonal peaks, and need the flexibility to move staffing around. The more clients that use Intacct, the better we can be.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Kayce H.</span>
Kayce H.

"Have been pleased with Intacct so far"

What do you like best?

Since we went live 2 years ago, we've had one maternity leave and several family emergencies in our department. Having a cloud based software allowed us the flexibility to get work done around these events.

What do you dislike?

Unless you purchase a specific Order Entry module, you are very limited for customer statements. The system will not allow any customization at all, for requests that seem very basic, such as indicating the customer within the email body.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good demo of AR before you commit. For us, we don't need a complicated AR system such as their Order Entry module, but having standard AR does not allow any flexibility for sending statements to your customers. We assumed that was standard functionality and we've been requesting it ever since we signed on.

Reporting for multi-entity environments is much easier than with our old system which had separate log ins for each of our affiliate entities. We can now post transactions within the same login for any of our entities, and have automatic inter-entity transactions recorded.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Dean M.</span>
Dean M.

"CPA with over 20 years of Public and Corporate Accounting experience"

What do you like best?

Organizations can set Intacct up to meet their accounting and reporting needs. Alternatively, many other software programs require organizations to adjust their process to fit within the limitations of the software. In addition, Intacct has the most robust reporting functionality that I have ever experienced within an accounting software package. Often, organizations must purchase report writing software separately from their accounting software, because of reporting limitations within the accounting software.

What do you dislike?

In my experience with the software, I have not found there to be any significant challenges with this software. Intacct has done an excellent job partnering with other best in class software providers to enable businesses to meet all of their business process needs with a fully integrated, cloud based system.

Streamlined accounting processes

Automation of accounting processes and workflows

More efficient reporting and consolidation

Integration with other best in class software

Sage Intacct review by <span>Philip M.</span>
Philip M.

"Intacct End User and Consultant"

What do you like best?

Intacct dimensions are very powerful, yet very easy to configure, customize and use! Dimensions and custom fields make financial reporting more robust in Intacct that any other ERP application I have used. Multi-entity consolidations are a breeze and even multi-currency, multi-national companies will find their consolidations and reporting more efficient and improved. Intacct releases 4 new upgrades per year and each release is packed with new features.

What do you dislike?

Intacct does not have a payroll module and is not for all industries, but for the companies it will fit, it will fit very well. The Intacct custom report writer needs an update - and one is scheduled for the first half of 2017. On occasion, when technical issues arise, the issue is sent to their Engineering department, which takes awhile to fix things. Workarounds are usually given, however, so business can continue during the wait time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the move now! Don't wait! Financial reporting is virtually without comparison and the system is so easy to use and navigate.

Financial reporting is much easier now that it was in GP. Intacct's dashboards facilitate each team member having their own custom reports with their own information. Intacct is dependable and "always on" from anywhere I need access. The Workflow capabilities have allowed me to automate many of our processes, saving me time and energy.

Sage Intacct review by User in Computer Software

"Could not do my job without it!"

What do you like best?

We enjoy the functionality of Intacct. Very user friendly and easy to use. The reporting feature is totally customizeable to show exactly what you need. The General Ledger feature lets you drill down into each line item, taking you to the exact location of the original info.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. Processing credits to customers has been known to cause a few issues. It sometimes takes many steps in order to process credits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Larger Corporations will benefit from this product. It is tailored to store and process very large amounts of financial info.

Intacct solved our issue of reporting by supplying us with timely, accurate reporting. Due to Intacct's ability to run many different reports for all different departments, we are able to give every department in our company an accurate view of the specific financial dealings within their departments. No longer did we have to keep multiple spreadsheets in which caused confusion and human error.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Aaron G.</span>
Aaron G.

"Excellent Product "

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the system and the constant improvement of the product. In the 8 years I have used the product, it has gone from a really good product to an excellent product. Our organization operates with greater efficiency because of the purchasing workflows. Also, dashboards reduce the custom reports we have to run for our various teams.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to me is the user structure. We have users that are more than employee users, but may only need one more function. We are required to make them business users and that substantially increases cost. It would be great to have a mid level user that is less expensive, but adds limited features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions about how to fit the system to your processes. There is greater flexibility than the standard setup.

The first major improvement was with our purchasing system. We had a very manual process, but now everything flows electronically through the system. People are notified when they need to approve and the requester is notified when the PO is approved. Another improvement was to our financial reporting. We used to have to provide manual reports periodically to our teams, but now they can login to see their dashboards and other data. Our teams now have quicker purchase approvals and greater access to their financial data.

Sage Intacct review by User in Internet

"Overall good product"

What do you like best?

Intacct handles just about everything we need well. There are various small issues from time to time but overall it has greatly helped our accounting team perform our tasks efficiently and focus our time on adding more value to the business.

What do you dislike?

UI is very out of date. Report building is archaic and there are a lot of odd quirks in building reports that prevent graphs from showing correct data. I find myself having to be a little more creative to get graphs to show the proper data I want. Some features for one report may not be available for another report. Dashboards could certainly be improved - more customization would be great.

Although some reporting features are weak, overall Intacct has greatly improved our ability to provide reports and data to company management for decision making. Workflow is efficient so our staff can spend more time performing more quality work.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Jack E.</span>
Jack E.

"Seemless Muti-Entity Multi-Currency Consolidations"

What do you like best?

When we were searching for a new accounting system to replace QuickBooks there were several requirements that were necessary have in our search and evaluation.

1) Seamless Consolidation of Muti-Entities using multiple currencies.

2) The ability to use dimensions to reduce the size of our chart of accounts.

3) Dashboards for key operating metrics and report distribution for management.

Intacct hit on all three of our requirements in a big way. The consolidation is now prepared with the push of a button whereas in the past with QuickBooks the consolidation was a very manual and time consuming process in excel that generally took about a week to prepare.

Using dimensions, we are able to tag each transaction with key attributes that were important for our end using reporting. The use of dimensions has allowed us to create multiple reports utilizing locations, regions, cost centers etc.

Dashboards have been a great way to eliminate paper reports by creating custom dashboards with key operating metrics for each manager. These dashboards are real-time and allow management to makes decisions with timely, accurate data.

4) Upload templates have also been a huge time saver for input of journal entries and accounts payable bills.

What do you dislike?

I really cant find anything that I dislike in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a great system and give it my highest regards.

The benefits of Intacct have been significant. From a time saving perspective we have saved many man hours per month when we implemented Intacct. Now more time can be spent reviewing the data and being able to make timely decisions on accurate data.

The controls around the system prevent transactions from being deleted. There is always a great audit trail. I felt with QuickBooks there were no controls over data input and modifications.

The most important benefit has been being able to produce timely accurate data with the ability to deliver seamless reports and dashboards to senior management so that the business decision makers have timely and accurate data at their fingertips to make smart decisions.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Intacct is user friendly"

What do you like best?

Intacct is a great system that is user friendly. I have used a variety of different software's but this one is by far my favorite. They are always making enhancements to provide better service for their end users. They listen to what it is we are asking for and are looking for solutions. They are changing things by joining forces with other partners to increase the functionality of their system.

What do you dislike?

I wish that their was a better way to attach documents and the ability to find them. For instance if one is misplaced in a folder it wasn't suppose to go into it would be nice to have the capability to change that without having to save another document.

Reports so that we are able to provide complete information and updated information without having to use a Excel spreadsheet. It is very nice that you can customize your reports that come out of Intacct which makes it a very helpful situation when you are needing certain information.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Vincent D.</span>
Vincent D.

"Sage Intacct Review May 2018"

What do you like best?

The scale-ability of the product. To bring new employees up on the system or to integrate new acquisitions it is very straight forward, user friendly and cost efficient.

What do you dislike?

Not all the upgrades are applicable to how we use the product though I receive all the release notes..

The ability to get real time project profitability. The ease of integration with our other applications - SalesForce, KeyedIn, TriNet Expense that insures we have one point on data entry and thus one source of Truth.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Sydney H.</span>
Sydney H.

"Intacct Fanatic"

What do you like best?

I love the efficiency in which we can use the system and the levels of customization available to integrate or build in our system.

What do you dislike?

The inter-entity automated eliminations would be a really big add for our company. We are a boutique private equity and would love to automate that process for not just due to/ due from, but the inter-entity revenue/expense, and the equity/investment eliminations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully understand dimension use at implementation and look forward to future needs at this moment. Really strategize the best way for the system to work for your company individually. I was not part of our implementation, but feel some of the thought process was short sited.

The reporting capabilities are great. The versatility in which you can pivot the data points for different financial and custom reports in just incredible.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator

"Intacct for multiple companies"

What do you like best?

I like how flexible the reporting is, and how easy it is to create reports across departments and companies.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reporting is TOO flexible, and can be overwhelming if you're not just making changes to a template. Also, I would have liked more training, all the training I found was expensive and I don't think our company is using the software to its full potential. All the webinars I have taken to learn about new features are more a sales pitch than a learning tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not as user friendly as smaller programs like Quickbooks- make sure to ask for a training session or two.

The biggest plus here is that it is powerful and can handle many entities, dimensions, departments, locations etc.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Carl P.</span>
Carl P.

"Solid and Flexible financial system for all businesses"

What do you like best?

Intacct has good controls which allow you to set up your accounting system to meet the needs of your organization.

What do you dislike?

Price- Per user fee is higher than I would prefer which limits who I can give access to. Might not be a good price for SMB's

ease of customizing- I have not found an easy way to customize it without a developer which limits my ability to make changes in the way I would like.

Intacct acts as our accounting software in conjunction with our third party ERP/CRM

Sage Intacct review by <span>Jason G.</span>
Jason G.

"Extremely Pleased Multi-Entity Healthcare Client"

What do you like best?

Intacct's reliability is fantastic with multiple data centers and no noticeable unplanned downtime. Extremely flexible configuration allows us to bake our business rules into the ERP and get consistent results. Dashboards give non-finance professionals visual insight into KPIs and company performance. Reports are easily written and optimized for our needs. And Intacct's API allows interactivity with an unlimited number of third party solution providers that specialize in other business areas and are able to communicate with the ERP. Intacct's implementation and support team is top-notch.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike. If I had to identify an area for opportunity, the built-in budgeting functionality could benefit from some usability enhancements. The basic functionality is there, but would like to see the tools refined and polished a bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time thinking through your processes and take advantage of Intacct's Professional Service Team's extensive knowledge. Be willing to modernize your processes and do not enter into the project expecting to do things the same way they have always been done. Intacct, in most cases, could certainly support that - but the value proposition really comes from leveraging Intacct's modern tools and built-in workflows to make things much more reliable and efficient.

Time to close has been reduced by almost 30%. Intacct's dimensional structure allows us to more rapidly and reliably enter our financial transactions in a way that eliminates data duplication and allows us to generate extremely flexible analytics that are used on a daily basis to make better decisions. Integration between our purchasing card program, expense reporting software, and Intacct means no rekeying of data that is time-consuming and tedious. The information flows in automatically coded, allocated, and itemized. We catch more errors, save more money, and get better financial reporting as a result.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Emilee H.</span>
Emilee H.

"Powerful"

What do you like best?

I had been scrambling to try to find an accounting software that was both functional for myself but also easy to understand for the rest of the office. For the price, I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised by its user interface and features. It was JUST the right amount of product for our small business.

What do you dislike?

I hope in future versions of this product we can pack in a few more features that makes it easier to send financial reports. I usually just take a screenshot then email it.

Simplicity of set up and assistance from vendor was above and beyond what our team excepted - well worth having them onsite for final training and overall reporting and advanced feature overview

Sage Intacct review by <span>Chris S.</span>
Chris S.

"Sage Intacct - Good for Small/Mid Businesses "

What do you like best?

Customizable to fit our business processes. Reports and dashboards are easy to configure. Responsive interface.

What do you dislike?

UI can be confusing for new users. You think a task requires a certain procedure, but then figure out it does not work the way you think it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is my recommendation for any software changes. List out what you like and do not like about your current solution. Rank those items which are most important, and then work with the current and potential vendor to understand what solution will best meet those needs.

We have better control now over our financial reporting. The dashboard function has allowed us to quickly access important labor data which allows us to optimize resource loads.

Sage Intacct review by User

"Multi-Entity Software Supports Global Expansion"

What do you like best?

Intacct is a cloud-based, multi-entity, multi-currency solution that could grow with our business very quickly.

What do you dislike?

At times getting support questions addressed can be slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The advantage of Sage Intacct is that we can do all of our financial management remotely, without struggling to get data from any business location . We can review transactions from all entities anywhere, and check trial balances or look at current month spend as activity is being posted, vs. waiting until month-end closing.

Global consolidations on Sage Intacct is seamless, we no longer have to tracking down exchange rates and daily & monthly tediously currency conversions. Now, we can view current or historical books in any currency at any time.”

Sage Intacct review by <span>Leo G.</span>
Leo G.

"Great innovative software "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can report on many different dimensions to slice and dice the information. This software has taken us out of excel, which is great. I also appreciate the dashboard functionality, although we have yet to use it's full functionality. Customer support is great and Intacct releases quarterly updates.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Intacct is that while it is awesome to be able to tag all of the transactions with different allocations and dimensions, I wish I could collapse some of that information for the general ledger reporting and month to month comparison.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rethink your structure to make sure you utlize the accounting codes and dimensions to the fullest.

We have been able to scale tremendously without adding staff and create many efficiencies.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Heidi B.</span>
Heidi B.

"Managing growth"

What do you like best?

The expanded reporting, ability to set controls and visibility of our financial data. The ability to integrate with SalesForce has been key to our organization and has greatly improved efficiency around invoicing and contract tracking. We could never have managed our current volume with our old system.

What do you dislike?

Some functionality, specifically allocations, are not available across all of the modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other users, read the reviews, ask questions and hire a well recommended implementation partner. Consider the partners, having integrations with SalesForce and Avatax has been a lifesaver for us!

I have been able to put off hiring staff. Intacct reporting allows me to give different levels of management real time financial insight appropriate for their position. I have been able to add automation to many manual processes.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Scott B.</span>
Scott B.

"Giddy up! Thank you Sage Intacct for continued Innovation"

What do you like best?

Intacct continues to innovate and bring immediate value quarter after quarter!

The future only continues to get brighter and brighter. A definite force to reckon with. The technology that we see and don't see is amazing. The executive team has an amazing roadmap for the future.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I get spoiled that updates are 3 months apart and wish they were more frequent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't looked at it yet, hurry and get on the train. Amazing features, great product, excellent leadership.

As an Intacct Partner, solving real world issues and giving back hours in peoples days and weeks is so rewarding. It's great to see customers realize the power of Intacct and the time Intacct gives back into their day or week.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Ross G.</span>
Ross G.

"User friendly product with plenty of configuration to meet growing needs"

What do you like best?

The product is very easy to get up and running with then there are plenty of ways to configure the product to meet growing business needs.

What do you dislike?

I would like the reporting tool to be easier to use. Really I just want to be able to access the raw data and create my own reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time (and maybe a little money) on the implementation to not box yourself into a corner for future growth. Take a look at all of the partners available in the Intacct Marketplace, many problems can be solved with integrated partners.

Reduced the staff needed to process invoices for recurring revenue. Improved cash collections with more accurate invoicing. We are now moving towards more detailed analytics based on custom and standard dimensions available withing the product.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Tyler S.</span>
Tyler S.

"Worth the Investment"

What do you like best?

This product has changed the way we do business. The report wizard tool is simply unmatched. We can create a report to reveal the information we want to see, when we want to see it. We don't feel constrained or limited especially with the dimensional flexibility. We appreciate the quarterly updates and the investment that Intacct continues to make in making a better product!

What do you dislike?

There aren't many negatives I have found with Intacct. The only one that really comes to mind is with the user set up. In order to do anything other than view information we would have to pay for additional business users. Not super expensive but wished we'd known that before hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the size of your business and your reporting needs. Our company is only mid-size and our needs are smaller compared to some.

We are streamlining almost every process. From our front end AR system to our AP process, we've reduced our time frames from days to a matter hours. We've also cut out much of our paper usage. One of the most streamlined processes has been our AP invoice entry process. With the ability to duplicate invoices from older ones we don't need to re-enter information over and over.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Intacct is good but I miss QuickBooks"

What do you like best?

It was easier for me to code to multiple locations. Quickbooks didn't give me that opportunity.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of click-through. Reports are time consuming to run with a lot of click through also. Cannot delete anything so any errors kept showing up causing confusion when accountants downloaded reports on their end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good if you need to include multiple locations easily. Definitely find someone who has used Intacct before to do set-up and training. My accountant did ours and our past data in Quickbooks was all over the place with errors.

I needed to be able to code and sort out multiple locations. This made it very simple to keep them organized and properly laid out.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator

"Intacct Efficiency is Key"

What do you like best?

I love to train our new employees. It's incredibly user friendly, and training becomes very easy. The transition for a new staff member can be quite seamless. Love this product.

What do you dislike?

That there are not enough hours in the day for me to learn more about Intacct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't pass up the opportunity to use this program. It's great. You will not be disappointed.

The help features in Intacct make it incredibly easy to teach your self new things, or to solve a problem that you are having.

We are simplifying processes and saving time. Great time savings can be realized once your staff is trained and comfortable with system. Looking forward to learning more and more ways to save time on data entry.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Luc G.</span>
Luc G.

"Intacct Advantage 2016 - The Conference for Accountants Ahead of the Curve"

What do you like best?

I have consistently voiced that Intacct has made our company run more efficiently in just about every Finance department task. There are so many ways to customize the data and reports that you are viewing that it is the best platform for an organization of any scope or size.

What do you dislike?

The report writer has been a bit tedious up to this point but we are extremely excited about the new report writer and the analytical tools that are soon to come!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The fact that every quarter there are new features speaks for itself. I don't know any other accounting software company that has put so much time and effort into individualizing the features for each company to make sure everyone is getting the most out of the software from the most basic of users to the most complex of needs. I can assure you that you get what you pay for with this software and it is worth the time of learning how to customize it to your needs.

We are solving redundancies and inefficiencies all over the company. We have now become the data professionals for every department because of the abilities that Intacct has offered us.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Reuben L.</span>
Reuben L.

"User Freindly"

What do you like best?

I think the uploading capabilities are amazing. I love the interface . It is very sleek and and makes it very easy to navigate the system. I'm happy that is cloud based and esily accessibble from any location.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I can say that is negative about intacct. I do wish that it talked more with qbo. I wish there was more functionallity and compatibility with the quickbook systems. I wish there was a way to have data from Quickbooks self populate into Intacct. Of course, I would need to reveiew all info before it is posted, but it would make our monthly revenue reconciliations a lot quicker

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of all experts when implementing intaact. It would work wonders for any and every company. Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if it seems impossible. You will be surprised of all the capabilities of the Intacct software.

Budgeting and dashboard functionalities are the primary reason I attended the conference.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Brian S.</span>
Brian S.

"The heart of our paperless finance solution"

What do you like best?

Intacct has allowed us to create a paperless finance office, and we love how Intacct integrates with our other solutions such as Adaptive Insights, ADP, bill.com, Blackline and Tallie

What do you dislike?

Custom Reporting tools could be improved. We understand that new tools are soon to be released.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Changing accounting systems is always more work than you think, and your finance team has day to day work to do, so you need more resource and more time than you expect.

Dashboards give real-time results to manage the business. Statistical accounts allow us to measure financial performance based on non-financial metrics. Time to close is shorter as tedious manual processes with spreadsheet uploads are greatly reduced. Audit review is so much easier as auditors can be given access to the system to pull their own backup and audit trail for transaction review.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Sam S.</span>
Sam S.

"Have had a great experience using Intacct in the Family Office Space."

What do you like best?

I like functionality with Adaptive and Expensify. I also like that the purchasing module allows us to convert these purchasing items to bills and syncs with our GL.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are some product features in Purchasing that have not been rolled out yet. These include not being able to convert large batches of data all at the same time. I have had issues converting these transactions. We have had some functionality issues around month end close where we would prefer the transactions on the bank rec to be removed form the bank rec screen as they are matched.

Maintaining out GL and Books. Great integration. I have been able to integrate all expenses ands activity.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Natalie B.</span>
Natalie B.

"Constantly Impressed"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and online accessibility is key. Having the information at your fingertips whenever and wherever has been a HUGE improvement. I also LOVE that Intacct is constantly listening to it's customers & seriously considers our wants/needs/desires. Their quarterly releases are impressive - to be able to release 4 new updates/concepts per year really shows me how dedicated they are to their product & their customers.

What do you dislike?

As a professional services organization, we rely heavily on timesheets. I have a long wishlist of improvements to timesheets, including updates to the approval process workflow. Perhaps one of the biggest requests I get from employees is the ability to enter timesheets via mobile app, which is currently not available (although they can enter time via mobile browser).

We have a lot of remote employees & also employees who are traveling for Client work, so the ability to have timesheets and data available on the go was key. Dashboards have also been a HUGE success - our CEO has told me multiple times how amazing it is to have key metrics available on demand.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

"Intacct is a great product"

What do you like best?

The ability to control multiple entities and locations inside of those entities from a single platform saves so much time. We switched over from Quickbooks and Quickbooks Online before coming over to Intacct and have not looked back. In addition to multiple entity support, I also love the compatibility between Intacct and the other platforms that we use such as ADP, Expensify, and Salesforce among others

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is the inability to change anything about invoices after even a partial payment has been applied. When we first did implementation of Intacct, we had one of our entities set up as a single location when we brought over all of our invoices from Salesforce. When we switched that entity to a multiple location entity, we were unable to just choose the location on the invoice. I understand the reasons behind this choice, but just wish that some fields were able to be modified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look back and go with Intacct. They have great support and are rolling out new features all the time and have many other vendors that they work closely with in order to make their products compatible.

The business problem that we were solving was trying to support multiple entities from a single platform and Intacct met all of our needs that have arisen so far and have great support for problems that have come up that we did not know that we were going to have

Sage Intacct review by <span>Cole A.</span>
Cole A.

"Satisfied User"

What do you like best?

We converted from QuickBooks to Intacct for the financial management of the charter schools we work with. The flexibility in reporting and use of dashboards have been extremely useful. the system also does a great job of helping us maintain compliance with state reporting requirements as well as those required by the 501(c)(3) status of the school we work with.

What do you dislike?

We are still working on identifying a good payroll partner to use with the system. We are able to import journal entries of the data but are looking for a better method of tracking employee compensation especially when is comes to wages paid from restricted funds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to make use of statistical accounts and dashboard during your implementaiton. Also, when creating account groups for reproting purposes.

We have been able to implement a hard close each month. When using QuickBooks, we were only able to close out books once a year during the audit. Now we are able close our books on the 8th of every month.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Catherine C.</span>
Catherine C.

"Best Cloud Accounting Product Out There"

What do you like best?

Intacct is absolutely the best cloud accounting solution on the market! I have watched so many small software and professional business companies that were growing and couldn't keep up with the spreadsheets. Intacct solved every problem and gave them the ability to grow even further through better financing options because of the reports they were able to provide. The dashboard alone is worth every penny for the CFO. It gives them access to amazing financials at their fingertips. I would not recommend any other solution besides Intacct. Intacct for the win!

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! Intacct has a great product that is user friendly!

The ability to see the dashboard gives access to critical financial information at your fingertips. It shows how the business is doing in real time as well as showing what the real value of the company is at any given time. The pain of closing the books no longer exists!

Sage Intacct review by <span>Melissa O.</span>
Melissa O.

"Controller and Accounting Manager "

What do you like best?

The ability of Sage Intacct to grow with our company Aderant. Sage Intacct has been instrumental tool in each acquisition (12 so far!) we have made since 2011.

What do you dislike?

Creating reports is clunky. I have been spoiled other software in which reports are drag and drop creations. Looking forward to Sage Intacct making improvements in this area so my team can be even more efficient in our daily tasks and during our close each month.

Importing AR and Revenue data into Sage Intacct for acquisitions has been the easiest part of the process. Also, the many subledgers in the system that allows us to be less manual and be more efficient in our processes.

Sage Intacct review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Too Technical"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is done online. It reduces a lot of unnecessary paperwork. Approvals are recorded and tracked online. That is all I like so far because there are so many cons to this software in comparison to the pros

What do you dislike?

There are too many settings that you have to spend a lot of time customizing, This software is not user friendly at all. I try inputing just a basic payable and I get error message. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what the problem is because the error messages don't explain clearly what is wrong. Currently switching from QuickBooks and I wish we would have stayed with QuickBooks instead.

Using less paper, better trails of approvals

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to figure out how to use Intacct and navigate around the system. It makes it simple for training and understanding the product. Excited that the new interface is coming out and some of the problems before will be resolved and even better!

What do you dislike?

It can be hard some times to understanding the reporting process, but they provide tons of training for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that when you are picking an accounting software you are choosing one that can provide everything that you need for your company! Be sure to check out all the marketplace partners, to assure you can run you company seamlessly and take advantage or all the partnerships!

We are making our clients happier by being able to supply them with real time information and dashboards that let them stay on top on their company and their financial information. It is easy for them to understand everything and we can change or alter all the reports so that they are getting what they need right on their dashboard and can continue on to being successful.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Lisa C.</span>
Lisa C.

"Powerful Financial Software"

What do you like best?

The ability to pull information in a variety of ways

What do you dislike?

I'm fairly new to Intacct so I don't really have specific things I necessarily would say I dislike - the few things I"m not sure about may just be part of a learning curve.

I am able to report on our financial information in many different ways. This is a huge benefit to our Director in determining the best way to serve our clients.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Georgeta Elena P.</span>
Georgeta Elena P.

"front porch accounting"

What do you like best?

Intacct gave me /us ( the team) the option to have family time ( a life besides work) especially during busy month end, quarter end and year end ... for example before Intacct I/we could have never left the office early on a summer day and go hang out with the kids/ the dog/or cat and enjoy the rest of the summer day with the family. With intacct now I/we can do that- I/we leave work early afternoon and finish the work on the front porch/ or back porch and that is because Intacct allows me/us to use the " front porch accounting"

*( front porch accounting is the "trademark" of IntegraMed America VP of Finance,

What do you dislike?

n/a reporting needs work- does not allow for full consolidations

Recommendations to others considering the product

they are getting better and better- is the way to go!

all legal entities in one system, one GL only

Sage Intacct review by <span>Jimmy B.</span>
Jimmy B.

"Intacct has been very user friendly and have not seen any interruptions with the service"

What do you like best?

I like being able to go from screen to screen by clicking on links. For example, In Accounts Payable, I can click on a check # in the bill screen, and go everywhere I need to for the inquiries that I receive.

What do you dislike?

Right now there is not much, if there is something I like least it would probably be the importing. We dont use it bill importing as much anymore, but we were finding issues with the last line of credit card charge imports or AP Bill imports were not making their way in to the import.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and has everything needed.

Most of my problems come from department reporting. Our Mkt department is always asking for real time reporting to cross reference with their budget. The reporting in Intacct seems to get better and easier all of the time.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Kristy J.</span>
Kristy J.

"User friendly and robust application"

What do you like best?

It's an extremely friendly user interface, the support is very responsive and helpful. It's an easy system to learn in that it seems simple but there is the potential to get more in depth experience and you can do almost anything.

What do you dislike?

Some very basic things are missing - example note that an entry is reversing on the printout. More complex - the report writer does not allow you to link tables. You can do nearly anything with the report writing options, but linking tables would make it perfect.

We are utilizing dashboards to give us real time metrics in an easy to read format that allow us to immediately notice if something needs our attention. The more data we include for customers, vendors, employees, the more relevant our reporting is.

Sage Intacct review by User in Financial Services

"Intacct Has Made my life so easy"

What do you like best?

The pricing for Intacct Solutions is ideal for a small company like ours. The modules are very easy to use. The financial reporting features are great.

What do you dislike?

The Help & Support features could be more robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sage Intacct is a great cloud based accounting software package. You can add as many users as you want, have as many reports as you want. There are canned reports, which is a life saver. You can have access to whatever business processes that works for your company.

We are using Intacct for accounting, financial reporting and analysis. The ability to have multiple income statement formats is very useful in a growing company, with ever changing needs

Sage Intacct review by <span>Alicia S.</span>
Alicia S.

"Easy to learn"

What do you like best?

Intacct is easy to use and easy to learn. Most of it is clear cut and keeps a clean track of records

What do you dislike?

It doesn't fit well for the needs we have as a smaller non-profit. There are many things that we don't need or use as part of the program

keeping track of past spending budgets and expenses by the cent.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Kaitlin M.</span>
Kaitlin M.

"Handles the complex stuff great, but not some of the basics"

What do you like best?

My non-profit organization receives revenue through many different sources, including grants, government contracts, consulting contracts, individual contributions, rent received through properties we own, and developer fees for properties we're redeveloping. We have 2 LLCs as well that we manage. Intacct does a great job of helping us manage the nitty gritty financial details associated with all of our projects.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't help us with some basic features, like time/expenses and invoicing. We have to use separate applications for these functions. I think it offers the some features related to these functions, but we'd have to pay $20K more a year (or something like that) before they'd be made available for us.

Helping us to track, manage, and create reports related to our complex financial infrastructure

Sage Intacct review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Accounts Payable "

What do you like best?

I love that Intacct makes it easy to have all AP back-ups on cloud drive. It also have a sweet capability for reporting.

What do you dislike?

Some of the AP functions such as posted date need to be fixed. Many time in the system, the posted date is automatically the GL post date. This should be the date the invoice was paid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intacct is a really great software. They are continuously making little improvements to give customers what they need.

Switching to Intacct has definitely been a step forward. We love the reporting benefit and electronic approvals.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Leanna S.</span>
Leanna S.

"First Year Sage Intacct User"

What do you like best?

Sage Intacct has an intuitive, easy to use interface and integrates seamlessly with other software platforms to reduce the time I spend every day entering data. This means I can manage more clients in less time. Beautiful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike entering dozens of transactions, manual reconciliations, and wasting time in general. Sage Intacct helps eliminate these things from my workday.

Accurate financial reporting in real time.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Ryk H.</span>
Ryk H.

"Migrating from Quickbooks? Look no further"

What do you like best?

Hired into a lab services company that needed a foresenic post-fraud reboot for a small-medium sized company. With the fantastic excel data upload feature In four months I was able to convert them from cash-to-accrual and populate the GL with an almost years worth of data that had to be scrubbed before upload. A great Bank recs process further helped verify the process. We do not use Receivables / Sales as we have an in-house solution. For auditability I can attach invoices, reconciliations, and documents to verify wires, account balances and other audit evidence requirements. We don't have time to file so we convert everything to pdf and upload.

I started the company on an electronic PO system which works well for what we do which is distributed purchasing. I also was able to implement departments which was a new concept for the company.

We have added the sister company which will be manufacturing.

I have learned through many system implementations that you pick a strong core and implement different best-in-breed solutions that interface, as once system can't do it all. This is a great and strong core system.

What do you dislike?

Small business pricing, it is expensive on a per-user license, I have discussed with them the need for a one price for x licenses not dependent on user-types. Some aspects of some fields won't work if you don't have another module, such as inventory, but you learn to work around it once you know about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is AICPA reviewed and approved....this was also a key decision point. I didn't have to guess as much on the internal control.

Core Accounting: Great Efficiency for a lean staff, verifiability from an audit perspective, scalability both in size and in commonly-owned entities. We have left QuickBooks!!!!! I can very easily post intercompany transactions and we will need multi-currency in the future.

I plan for a 5-10 year useful life and Intacct is anticipated to meet our needs throughout this period.

I do not do many recommendations but I would recommend this program, without a doubt.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Kyle K.</span>
Kyle K.

"Excellent product that is scalable, flexible and able to compliment our business."

What do you like best?

I like how flexible, scalable and powerful it is in so many instances. The reporting and functionality is very, very well done.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user price as I believe some industries should receive better pricing then others along with bulk discounting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to work with a consultant that really knows the product. They will show you many options not only within the product but also the add-ons.

All financial, banking, inventory and reporting. We are still in the early stages but it is very promising and have yet to stumped with a true issue that we could not overcome.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting function, short TB, and cloud base, support multi-currency, consolidation, fun annual conference and entertainment.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could search with "contain" option, not an exact word, need to improve the flexibility on reporting tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloud base and flexible, regular update releases, always in improvement mode, great community support, updated roadmap, support multi-currency and international market, strong support team and partners, great vision to support for future changes, support multi entities, support consolidation, annual conference with great materials and entertainment, great location choice, great partner network providing variety of option for additional features and functionality.

I don't have to worry about HW and SW maintenance, nor the IT support time, great consolidation tool, saving time on our monthly process and annual audit support, help us to make the merger and roll up easier.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Jill M.</span>
Jill M.

"5/10 - a system that gets the job done."

What do you like best?

Unfortunately my list of dislikes is greater than my list of likes but to Intacct's credit, I would commend the system's ability to customize various components of the system. I appreciate the limitations I can input on user profiles or additions of fields/boxes/options in the Purchasing system.

What do you dislike?

The usability of Top Level and entry into other entities. I am not a fan of the attachment fields in the Purchasing module. Mobility and use of system on-the-go is not favorable or user friendly. The approval system and process is a mess. Nothing at all is flexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a purchasing system....look elsewhere.

Purchasing to Payment process. There is a basic approval captured but other than that, everything is so manual.... all aspects are a struggle to complete or process.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Marcie K.</span>
Marcie K.

"Seasoned product user"

What do you like best?

I like it's ease of use and uncomplicated user interface. Dimensions, Dimensions, Dimensions!!!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intacct is really reaching out to current and future customers to assess needs and improve and implement new products. Their partners are also amazing and you should not have any issues implementing a well-rounded fully functional tool.

I am better able to report results of operations to managers versus just generating financials. Dimensions rule and give the ability to slice and dice and really get to the heart of results to make informed management decisions.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Jason C.</span>
Jason C.

"Overall, a very solid Product "

What do you like best?

Reporting features are very valuable, and the ease of integration with other applications allows us to maintain a single source of truth across the enterprise.

What do you dislike?

The product is not very flexible with regards to making profile adjustments. When a name is incorrectly entered, we must delete the record and create a new one. Since we use Intacct to drive many other applications, it creates duplicate entries in other apps that we use.

We required a robust accounting software that would enable us to manage our GL, as well as invoice customers. As a major source of data, Intacct has also assisted us on the reporting side, serving as a beneficial dashboard for key financials, as well as for HR metrics.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Natalie G.</span>
Natalie G.

"Mostly effective "

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is generally easy to use. Training newbies on it is relatively easy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we often have problems with the platform communicating with our other systems. I wish there were more capabilities to change and edit invoices in the accounts receivable section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that this platform works well with your other systems.

I wouldn't say that we're solving any business problems with this platform. I would say that we're maintaining our business systems with it. I'm not sure that I have found any benefits to using this over other platforms.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Not my favorite accounting software"

What do you like best?

Web-based software and storage allows me to log in from anywhere, any computer -- a crucial ability for my very mobile office; importing ability of large journal entries and budgets

What do you dislike?

Reporting abilities are extremely limited and must be tweaked for each new report I want to see--a time consuming task! I can't edit certain transactions after posting and must be reversed then re-posted even if the change is to the description (fund transfers, voided checks, etc.). Software does not allow me to have an integrated platform with the multiple functions I need in order to keep my nonprofit running so my team has had to purchase 3-4 other large organization management tools that don't play well with each other.

Budgeting and financial stewardship of a large nonprofit with multiple funds. We've been able to keep our two main operations (two different entities, really) separate pretty easily and within each of those two branches, we been able to keep sub-funds.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Ann C.</span>
Ann C.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Intacct is extremely versatile. It can be customized to fit almost any type of organization. I love the slice and dice functionality of Intacct. My new favorite tool is Collaborate. Keep up the good work, Intacct!

What do you dislike?

We are a brand new user to Intacct (about 11 months to date). Being so new we are still learning the system and process of the cloud-based tool. Currently the bank reconciliation & month-end process is giving us a heartburn. I hope overtime Intacct can perfect this functionality and make it more efficient.

Manual data entry

Slice & dice Reporting tool

Time saving

Forecasting

We have saved almost 10 hours per week since implementing Intacct. As a growing non-profit, we have been able to make better decisions - both strategic and financial.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Raji K.</span>
Raji K.

"A great cloud-based accounting software that is flexible and reliable"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize and tailor Intacct to suit the needs of different businesses and business models.

What do you dislike?

It was really built for traditional for profit accounting and we had to retrofit it to suit our nonprofit needs - but that being said we were able to do so.

Intacct is our only accounting software and we've gained more clarity in our numbers and and greater reporting capabilities.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Susan E.</span>
Susan E.

"Gaining Productivity with Intacct"

What do you like best?

- User friendliness of the set up of the system. Each area has a set up configuration that is very easy to understand and figure out without the need for a lot of professional services. After Go Live, and we were more on our own, it's been easy to tweak the set up ourselves.

- The "help" on each field is a very nice feature!

- Standard Reports that are pre-built made it easy to get started

- Our implementations team rocked! I like the turn around time and responsiveness of the support team when I put in a ticket.

What do you dislike?

- I don't like that the Top Level dashboard doesn't show you the entity that has an approval needed - I have to go through each entity to see if there is a journal or payment that needs to be approved.

- The entity should be more of a "dimension" than a separate area - should be a filter on the Top Level so that I don't have to go from page to page

- Report writing - sometimes easy, sometimes difficult - I can customize an existing standard report, but then some features of the wizard are not available - and when using the wizard, some features of the standard report are not available - needs to be more consistent

- Dashboards need to be more configurable

- Prepaid expense module needs to have a standard report that ties to the general ledger

- We have gained efficiencies in processing revenue transactions, as well as better visibility to our revenue waterfall which enables us to have more accurate revenue forecasts.

- Extracting data is a "push of a button"

- Consolidating our financial statements has become easier and more accurate - we used to do these in excel.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Sonia P.</span>
Sonia P.

"Great for Multi-entity companies!"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about Intacct is the ease of using the software. As long as you set up Intacct correctly, everything is straight-forward. Separate entities can have their own set of books but everything is still intertwined if needed.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced anything that I disliked about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best decision for your company! Go for it!

I started at a company that used Quickbooks and each entity had a separate login, they had 26 entities. Intercompany JEs took too long and a JE had to be entered in for everything that needed to be allocated. The month end close process took 21 days. Now that we have moved over to Intacct, we can close out within 12 days. There is less work to do when everything is intertwined. Intacct has improved our work-life balance as well. We can login and work from home if needed.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Ashley W.</span>
Ashley W.

"Sage Intacct Review"

What do you like best?

The format is pretty easy to use. The bucketed financial statements are helpful

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to duplicate a tab to work within the same company, but this causes the system to work extremely slow

Much more up to date accounting package than some others that take more time and more manual entries.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Teisha J.</span>
Teisha J.

"The possibilities are beyond what I imagined."

What do you like best?

We are still in the implementation stage, However we chose Intacct because of the functionality it offers for reporting on data from one central software, versus our old process where we have to pull information from various sources to provide reports.

What do you dislike?

We will be using the purchasing module and the only downside I have come across is the limitations with setting up the approval routing. However, I am sure they will come up with enhancements soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come to the Intacct Conference if possible it helps with understanding the possibilities it offers.

We are going to be able to increase our productivity because Intacct will allow us to free up time that is now being spent on tasks that will be automated in the software.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Brian G.</span>
Brian G.

"Review of Intacct"

What do you like best?

The best features of Intacct is that is extremely user-friendly and cloud based. In addition to that, you can attach the supporting documentation to each of your transactions. Intacct is also great for the price you pay.

What do you dislike?

The part that I dislike is that creating custom reports or features is a little difficult unless you have some assistance from someones that has a lot of experience using the system.

Since having the software, we are able to track multiple funds more accurately and efficiently. Our organization has multiple campuses so we can track funds by campus as well and this assists us greatly when forecasting revenue and expenditures.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Nora D.</span>
Nora D.

"Excellent Multi-entity system"

What do you like best?

The way Intacct handles multi-entity transacting is excellent. In addition, the user interface for all functionality is some of the best I've seen. The system is user-friendly and to the point.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see easier ad-hoc reporting.

Multi-entity transacting and reporting

Sage Intacct review by <span>Ken W.</span>
Ken W.

"New Financial Product for our company"

What do you like best?

Cloud based and ease of access. Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features and items you need to work with are somewhat hidden and you would need good training to figure out what needs to be done.

It is our accounting system and employees time and expenses platform

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Dimensional Reporting a Plus!"

What do you like best?

The ability to slice and dice the reports without having to bring into excel and redo everything - also having statistical accounts so that all the data can be held in one place

What do you dislike?

the response time thru the help is slow, it took me a week to get an email response back and still have no solution to the issue I had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely - for us as a nonprofit with many locations this is a great solution and works well with many third party add ons to create different solutions that may be needed to help your organization function smoother.

We have a church with multiple locations and ministries. Using quickbooks prior just wouldn't allow for the variations of "looks" and reporting that was needed to make day to day decisions. The use of Intacct has allowed for specific reports to address the various situations and looks that we are trying to measure and also having the statistical accounts in there to help keep reports consistent and no more excel calc errors.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great cloud accounting software"

What do you like best?

We have been using this software for over 2.5 years. While we love it, it seems more popular they get less support team is available to help when there are issues. Yet, it is so amazing, and functional that I would definitely recommend it to a new user.

What do you dislike?

Support is lacking at times. Support tickets take longer now than they did before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go directly to Intacct for support as resellers are just middlemen. When tech support is needed it is better to deal directly than through the middlemen.

Dashboards for everyone with helpful info!

Sage Intacct review by <span>Vera S.</span>
Vera S.

"Best Business decision "

What do you like best?

One of the best business decisions i ever made was to implement Intacct. We replaced an outdated version of GP. It takes me a click of a button to run our financials.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no budgeting tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the right consultants to implement it. Have them build the financial reporting and don't have hard cut off. Bring the data for a full year.

Real time data, cloud base so i can access from everywhere. Integration with bill.com which is paperless and time saving.

Sage Intacct review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Non-standard User Experience Means Painful to Use"

What do you like best?

Like is a strong word. I appreciate that our finance team needs this process for compliance and other reasons, so if I want my vendors to get paid, I must use this software.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that when I click the paper clip button, it doesn't mean attach like it does in most other online apps. Gmail, Hotmail, Dropbox, etc. all use the paper clip to mean attach.

Attaching a document, which is a very common use pattern, as every request requires supporting documents -- requires multiple clicks which is inefficient and irritating.

Purchase requests can be made for $0 which is inefficient and adds extra time and cycles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

10/10 Would NOT recommend.

This is a business problem for me, the user. This software is a net negative on my life -- purchasing and payments takes longer, visibility into the procurement process has decreased and the product generates frustration and other negative feelings with each use.

I am a fairly technical person, as a product manager in the B2B tech space.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Stan F.</span>
Stan F.

"Mixed"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize reports to slice and dice financial data in a variety of ways.

The ability to set up an use dimensions and classes.

What do you dislike?

Poor user interface, lack of bank integrations, there is no ability to automate anything.

It is a very manual/labor intensive program especially as compared to QuickBooks.

It takes more staff time to handle the same function as QuickBooks.

Can't go back and fix minor errors. It needs to be a lot more QuickBooks like in functionality.

As most users convert from QuickBooks they need a program which will seamlessly convert the data.

Financial reports out of the box are poor but the ability to customize makes up for that once you learn how.

Customer support is cumbersome but knowledgeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask a lot of questions of the sales rep and then take what they say with a grain of salt.

Talk to actual users to get their feedback and how they use it.

Find users who use it the way you plan to.

Not solving a specific problem, able to get data from Intacct any way we want via the report function.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Amber P.</span>
Amber P.

"Senior acc"

What do you like best?

The integration opportunities that are available

What do you dislike?

Our initial set up was for short term business operations not future growth

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand all the options and best practices before diving in

We are realizing to stay with a slim team we have to automate more. That is possible with intacct

Sage Intacct review by <span>Kevin D.</span>
Kevin D.

"Intacct Transformed my 60 year old family retail business "

What do you like best?

I love the dimensions in Intacct. I used Quick Books previously and the only way to look at data from different perspectives was using classes. It really distorted my understanding of my own business, we mixed locations, departments and business lines under one heading. With Intacct I gained more understanding of our business in a year than we had in the previous 59. We identified top producing areas of the business worth investment and business activities that were costing us money without us realizing it.

What do you dislike?

As a retailer I employee a largely under educated workforce. So if I have one problem with Intacct is that it was a steep learning curve for my operations staff. The implementation of the point of sale (POS) for the showroom resolved a lot of this with only managers having to enter inventory changes in Intacct. My staff learned and adapted eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I switched for the cloud based access and the multi-dimensional structure.

We were able to identify top grossing product lines and locations and adjust our strategic plans to compliment areas we were already excelling in. In this case I decided to sell off two locations and reinvest that cash infusion into more profitable locations for expansion. This has been critical in our declining market serving oil & gas, we can't rely on cash flow from the oil boom to mask operational deficiencies.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Intacct"

What do you like best?

Intacct gives you the ability to have multi-entity books with auto intercompany transactions. Also, give you the ability to customize reports that fit the need of our company. It is also nice that the software is in the "cloud", which give you the ability to log into your books anywhere. If you company has outgrown QuickBooks, I highly recommend converting to Intacct.

What do you dislike?

The absent of an app to view data. One thing you need to be on the look out with Intacct, is the ability to change your configuration so easily. This is a negative because if you want to "test" a configuration change within the system, it lacks the warning that additional "back-end" configuration is required by both Intacct and yourself. This can cause major down time while Intacct restore your original configuration. These option should be blocked out and only your account manager has the ability to make these changes on your account. To avoid downtime and additional cost of restoring your original configuration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the move if are a multi-entity organization.

We have solve the ability of balancing intercompany transactions and help to realize a short close time

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best in class cloud based accounting software"

What do you like best?

The revenue recognition feature is game changing. Previously we were using excel spreadsheets due to utilizing Quickbooks as our accounting software. Since upgrading to Intacct we have decreased the time spent reconciling deferred revenue from 1.5 days down to 2 hours.

What do you dislike?

The report writing feature is very cumbersome. Also, the deferred revenue forecasting report isn't as intuitive as we'd like, therefore, we are going to have to buy a 3rd party reporting tool. Not ideal, as we would like one stop shopping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider also implementing a reporting system such as adaptive insights along with Intacct.

The biggest benefit is the direct link to SFDC. We are fully integrated with using SFDC in our sales org as well as our customer success team. The ability for the information to flow from Intacct to SFDC seamlessly is a true business game changer and has allowed C level execs to utilize the information from both systems in a much more concise and thorough manner.

Sage Intacct review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Wonderful web-based tool that supports global companies"

What do you like best?

Intacct has a user friendly interface, with availability of team members that travelers to access the tool. the search functionality in all the fields are useful to easily locate projects, tasks, to filter. The views can all be customized to allow for information to be visible without having to actually go into the project or task or PO or any transaction.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function is not friendly. I would like to see more robust Project Reporting as my team is in a growth trajectory and bill at time and material. It's very difficult to see spend to date, profitability when employees from other entities are working on your projects, etc. You can't put a $ budget on a task. In Chrome, when you try to edit or enter a task, you have to slide the arrows back and forth. The utilized check box should really be on the first tab of the task. You cannot book an expense to a task. When issuing a PO, we are only allowed to select 1 project (cannot use multiple child projects). I think some of these items are easily resolvable, but others may just be a functionality of the tool.

We use Intacct to track our spend on projects and bill at time and material. The benefits are that we could access it anywhere as opposed to a company hosted software for employees who travel, who are remote, or when our team requests assistance from our other entities for their assistance.

Sage Intacct review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Amazing reports and endless possibilities"

What do you like best?

If you can think of it, you can most likely get it done in Intacct. There is just so much customization available to make the report that give you what is most important to you a reality.

What do you dislike?

It still is a very hard system to work with in regards with the amount of steps you need to follow to get something done. And at this point many custom reports (which is something I work on a lot) requires a lot of trial and error before getting it right. - 2015

New report writer will be coming out early next year that will simplify the way we can use this custom report writer. VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT! - 2016

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a great software to use. It will greatly improve your processes, but also give you quick information whenever you need it. Cloud accounting is the way to go!

We are solving many problems, one of them is getting our clients real time information. We have partnered with Tallie and we can now sync with Intacct for real time transactions, where as before these were all manual entries.

Our clients can get relevant information from the system to run their business in he best way possible.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"is a good experience to learn more about intacct here"

What do you like best?

i like the custom reporting functionalities that you don't have to be a programming expert to be able to work it out.

Also, most custom functions are easy to use and you don't really need a lot of IT support. For a company size likes us where we don't have full time IT support, this ERP system works well without the parameter.

What do you dislike?

I think a lot of accounting functionalities are quite basic. there are certain limitations with the reporting functions you could not do anything you like.

also, the interface is very accounting, which means is not user friendly for non-accounting users. if we want to implement a cloud-based ERP system that integrates with other softwares, you want the buy-in from non-accounting users and that is not the popular interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would to small and medium sized companies. Although the concern is the benefit that small and medium sized companies could reap from the high cost of implementation.

data analytics and dashboard would be the most beneficial feature of intacct. we could build real-time dashboard for executives to view. data access is online and real-time. it eliminates a lot of accounting support to the company.

"Intacct Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to combine statistical information with financial information and the ability to easily create dashboards to provide analysis of information

What do you dislike?

My only issue at this time is that Intacct allows you to designate more than one GL account for the account receivables but when you print the ledger you cannot group or sort by those accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at dashboards and statistical information

Ability to import information from other sources and disseminate information.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A+ for Cloud-Based Accounting, some limited functionality "

What do you like best?

You can access your accounting information from any computer, anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Some accounting controls can't be implemented due to how the software runs, and some controls included in the software are a bit too astringent. Additionally, I wish there were ways to personalize the invoicing out of the software more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for anyone who has little infrastructure and is looking for something 100% hosted on the cloud. As with all cloud-based systems though, it comes with the issue of not being able to transact when not connected to the internet. Most of our company works remotely so this was ideal with the knowledge that you can log in from basically anywhere.

We use Intacct for all of our accounting, journal entries, processing AR and AP, periodic reporting, etc.

"Sage Intacct is great"

What do you like best?

The ease of moving around the site as well as the help features.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more out of box reports that deal with percentage of revenue without having to build them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to use the help functions. I was able to build some complex reports with just the help functions.

Internal reporting has been cut from 2 days to just a couple of hours each month.

"A Good Find"

What do you like best?

I like how flexible the program is to use. I like that you can upload CSV batches of invoices and journal entries instead of having to enter each manually. I like how easy it is to adjust errors. The user interface is appealing. It feels modern and fresh.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting has extreme limitations. You can create your own dimensions, but it can be difficult to run reports by them. And you have to create custom reports any time you want to sort by a custom dimension.

We have been solving our work flow issue with Purchasing and Receiving items. Our purchase orders are much better organized now.

Sage Intacct review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Comprehensive, easy to use accounting software"

What do you like best?

Intacct's customerization services are by far its best feature. Through the custom report module, I have been able to create location specific reports that have streamlined daily A/R and A/P tasks.

Intacct Community is also a useful feature that provides a support network for troubleshooting Intacct issues. The discussion board's Weekly Digest has introduced me to helpful Intacct tips & trick.

What do you dislike?

The customization services are useful but there are many things that could be improved. You should be allowed to customized an existing financial report, creating a report from a primary data source is not the same. The options made available in the custom report module are repetitive, making the report process unnecessarily time-consuming.

Dashboards have allowed our non-accounting users access to financial information in a concise and comprehensive format.

Sage Intacct review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

"Reliable GL system with nice UI"

What do you like best?

It's very intuitive and easy to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

There isn't an easy way to customize some things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for smaller organizations that need a comprehensive GL system. The additional modules available within Intacct are adequate but not always the best option. However,many available 3rd party products have a direct integration (API) with Intacct and they work well together.

Having an AP system, T&E system and GL all in one system.

Sage Intacct review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Reporting and dashboards leave a lot to be desired"

What do you like best?

We really like the ease of jumping from company to company (we have 20+) and the ability to attach PDFs for our bills and journal entries. We also like the ability to automate some of the reports to run automatically.

Attaching PDF copies of our bills has allowed us to become paperless and we're saving a lot of time filing papers and then going back and searching for invoices in large filing cabinets.

Another nice thing is that we're able to make updates at the top level and then all of our various companies (entities) are updated. Example- we can add an account number and it will show in all companies. You can also create reports at the top level and create different.

We also love the ability to create bills and cut checks from multiple companies at the same time. We previously had Peachtree and would have had to open each company and enter them separately and print separate checks. Most of our bills are entity level but the few that we have at the top level saves a ton of time.

The help features in Intacct were really helpful when we first started. My team had limited training and was able to get through our first month end within a reasonable amount of time for 22 sets of financials. They used the help feature a lot at first or when new types of transactions come up.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, this is a long list and seems to be growing......

Our implementation didn't go nearly as well as hoped. The CPA firm that we worked with struggled with getting our information transferred to Intacct and wasn't able to fully understand our business model so they didn't set us up correctly. It got frustrating for us and things weren't getting done correctly/timely so I ended up doing most of the work. In the end it saved us a lot of money but at the same time was a lot more work.

We set up all of our general ledger accounts to have a department dimension for reporting. After converting all of our accounts over and using this for over a year, we found out we couldn't run reports with the account and department number showing in the same report. Seems simple but was told it would cost tens of thousands of dollars to create this one report for us. If we would have known this from the beginning we never would have added the department dimension as part of our structure.

Another issue we've come across is that the "dashboard" is far more basic than we had expected. We were told that if the information was in the system, we could create any report with graphs etc. that we wanted. We've struggled being able to create a dashboard that actually has graphs that meets our needs. The only solution that's been given to us is to have a third party add-on for this type of service. We haven't worked with any yet due to cost and the fact that we just spent a