Sage Timeslips

3.2

Sage Timeslips makes it easy to capture more billable hours, increase profitability and productivity to deliver more accurate and timely billing to your clients.

Work for Sage Timeslips?

Learning about Sage Timeslips?

Sage Timeslips Reviews

Showing 40 Sage Timeslips reviews
Sage Timeslips review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Buggy Software of Yesteryear"

What do you like best?

There are many features. Sadly, like much B2B software, the only thing this has going for it is the inertia of companies having chose it years ago. There's no reason to start using this software now that there are so many better, more well-maintained, and cloud-based solutions.

What do you dislike?

It is one of the buggiest pieces of software I've ever used. It requires constant maintenance and troubleshooting. There are tons of cloud-based solutions that don't come with these issues. It has lots of features but they still only apply if your business works in a specific way. It's also so complicated and convoluted that you need to hire a consultant to modify almost anything. It seems like it has powerful features, but they're not intuitive or accessible, and, in reality, the program struggles with even the smallest tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a cloud-based solution instead. The only businesses still using this software are ones who started using it many years ago.

Tracking and billing time and costs. The benefit is that we accomplish that. But it is obviously far from the best solution.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sage Timeslips
Sage Timeslips review by Erica L.
Erica L.

"Project Management using timeslips"

What do you like best?

It seems like a well thought out program so that made it a very thorough tool for project management that would often make me aware of things I should be tracking that I hadn't thought about.

What do you dislike?

some of the project step tracking was so in depth that it made it a burden to update, and more work that didn't seem to add any value. also it didn't seem to allow more than one person to download a document and edit it at one time - not that that is an easy or desirable thing to allow but if it coordinated people's use of documents better it would have made that less of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say definitely use it if you need help with project management and staying organized but you have to be pretty consistent with your use of it, otherwise the benefits it provides essentially go away.

The business problem it is solving is project management, including holding ourselves accountable to a calendar with deadlines, and giving our client a place to check project status without having to inquire of me or my firm. it also helps serve as a database for files. The benefits I have realized is being more organized and in sync with my clients.

What Legal Billing solution do you use?

Sage Timeslips review by Patrick P.
Patrick P.

"Timeslips gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Sage Timeslips is the only timekeeping software I've used, so it is basic and what I have learned from.

What do you dislike?

It can be very time consuming putting in and keeping the time on the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sage Timeslips gets the job done. It is adequate and easy to look up time, but time-consuming to keep and track it.

As an attorney, timekeeping, billing and bill pay are very important. I use Sage TImeslips to keep and track time.

Sage Timeslips review by Kenny A.
Kenny A.

"Takes a bit to get used to..."

What do you like best?

I like the multiuser mode the best. If you're using this in an office with multiple people needing to bill users/clients, this is a pretty seamless way to do it. You don't need a domain controller to utilize and using it within a workgroup setting, once configured, is flawless.

What do you dislike?

If you lose network connection, it appears you need to reboot the pc acting as the server in order for there to be a connection. Customer support is incredibly limited and you must have a support license.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase the full support to get access to setup assistance and support for a few months after installation/purchase.

We were using an old program called Abacus and another one that were from 2003. Once the PC's were updated to Windows 7, we purchased Timeslips and made life a LOT easier. It was faster, more fluid, and genuinely more pleasant to work with. We didn't have to use 4 programs anymore, just Sage Timeslips.

Sage Timeslips review by Julie S.
Julie S.

"Program is not very user friendly."

What do you like best?

Time entries can be entered fairly easily.

What do you dislike?

Making changes to databases, invoices, statement information can be hard to accomplish. Adding interest to statements is difficult to find and enter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support for this product is not very good. You either have to pay upfront for support and pay by the hour and even when you speak with support they do not seem to be of much help.

Having to hand type invoices.

User in Legal Services

"Best Accounting Software for Support Staff"

What do you like best?

That it has been around for so long and is so easy to use. We literally have some attorneys in the office using Timeslips from like 1994.

What do you dislike?

That after about 5 years technical support is no longer available for older products. Older attorneys are not willing to upgrade software that still works, but if you get hired new on, its difficult to explain when there is no resource to call for answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Longevity of the product, amazing reports, I believe it will sync with Quicken if you want it to. It really is the best bang for your buck - I have used Tab before and i much prefer this billing software.

I like that I can print an accounting from Timeslips, my boss prints an accounting from his bank and we can reconcile all trust accounts in about 30 minutes each month. So easy to use and figure out.

User in Legal Services

"Easy to Use Basic Billing and Timekeeping Software"

What do you like best?

Its a very easy to use program. Installation of new versions is easy and technical support staff are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the inability to undo invoices. With the program you can only undo the last invoice sent and we've run into issues were there were mistakes with more than one invoice and have had to come up with other ways to correct the program rather than being able to simply undo an older invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend purchasing a support plan with the software. The updates to versions are not usually significant enough to justify purchasing every year. We typically purchase the newest version every other year.

This program is a low cost solution to billing our clients. It is also very easy to train new staff to use the program.

Sage Timeslips review by Michele S.
Michele S.

"Staff-friendly"

What do you like best?

Can enter time quickly and can assign hours to different cost centers

What do you dislike?

Limited customization and interface is very clunky. Printing is hidden and has few options. You cannot put in layers of approval. Viewing history and calendar views are not intuitive and have few options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan a transition time. You must do your own training so prepare plenty of examples for staff.

Eliminated in-house software and server to run time off requests. Reduced staff needed for time keeping.

Sage Timeslips review by William M.
William M.

"Timeslips 2018; installation tech support is NOT dependable!"

What do you like best?

For routine install of the program to my in office network was well done and politely handled.

What do you dislike?

Tech support for installing remote access on laptops was good 1st tune, But 2nd time for another remote laptop, tech didn't know what he was doing so he failed completely. 3rd time, the TECH LIED and said they don't have remote feature any more. VERY VERY disappointed at the lack of professionalism

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider buying another product

Sage is an accounting program that links seamlessly with Lexis Nexis Time Matters. I've been a customer for about 16 years.

Sage Timeslips review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Sage Timeslips"

What do you like best?

I like that is it user friendly and performs various functions such as: generating reports to see how we are doing monthly. Also I like seeing what accounts have overdue balances and how long they have been over due.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some aspects of reports can not be customized. Additionally I do not like how I cannot just delete an invoice from the A/r screen once another invoice has been created, sometimes creating additional payments or credits to balance the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to implement this software because it can be used for various functions within a corporation.

Timeslips allows us to record our time per client, bill clients, and provide up to date status of our accounts receivables. We utilize this program to perform our monthly and daily billing. We have benefit from this product during a time when we needed detailed reports to collect from past due accounts.

"Track your time"

What do you like best?

I like that I can visualize my time for the past 4 weeks in Timeslips Today as a way to monitor my billable hours and motivate me to find more time to bill.

What do you dislike?

When selecting a 'Client' while creating a new Timeslip, the field has a short time frame for accepting what I type. If I pause even slightly, the software decides for me the file number I wanted to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a great product for our firm. The cloud based version makes it easy for users without access to the software on our server to enter time and have it imported into our server based system for billing.

This is how our firm tracks our time and billable hours so that we can generate invoices and track our A/R's. It makes the billing process run smoothly and efficiently.

"Skip Sage Timelsips"

What do you like best?

Not much. Anytime we have had to contact support or call them for help we often know more about the product than the initial level of support (or can figure it out on our own faster than they can on the phone). There are a few people that have been helpful, but most of them are terrible - Must be a company policy.

What do you dislike?

It's awkward to use, not intuitive, their support and sales are TERRIBLE (don't expect any help if you have any questions).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use TimeSlips, go another direction that handles more than just billing (and struggles with the billing aspect of the software).

We've struggled with TimeSlips for a few years now and we're done. We'll definitely be going a different direction. The final straw was when we purchased a new computer but our activation codes would not work, so they charged us almost $300 to get the same activation codes that we had already paid for.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that its interface is pretty easy to use and straight forward. The timer function is also good for attorneys--like myself--who may not be able to keep track separately.

What do you dislike?

The program, at least up until this current version, used to crash quite often. This is no longer the case. My only other comment is that "Time this Month" always shows a higher number than actual time logged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that your IT team is keeping a good backup at all times.

I am an attorney who needs to keep track of various tasks and time spent doing them. Timeslips is a good software for this.

Sage Timeslips review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"Sage Timeslips Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of daily entry of time for multiple clients; quality and ease of billing process and quality and ease of posting payment receipts

What do you dislike?

Spell check is manual not automatic like this survey for example

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent time keeping system, effective electronic billing system, easy to establish non traditional billing arrangements

Electronic time keeping, electronic, billing and ease of matching fee in program with fee made with client.

User in Law Practice

"Great interface but problematic when needing to install OS updates"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy to use. It is very detailed and has great presets for our practice. Almost everything we need we are able to preenter so we do not have to start from scratch each time. Easy to shift between clients and attorney billers.

What do you dislike?

Every time we have needed to update our operating system we have had major headaches with Timeslips and it has required many hours on the phone and on email with customer service before the issue has been resolved. The software licenses are too expensive to enable us to have a version running on each of our computers/there is no remote login so an associate cannot enter time without being on the main attorney's computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a frequent updater of your OS this software may be problematic for you. Particularly in our case because we use Macs and run Timeslips in Parallels on a virtual windows machine. Using it otherwise has been wonderful. I wish that Sage would create a mac compatible version and an IOS compatible version.

The problem this software solves is accurately and simply keeping track of attorney billing in our two-attorney practice. The benefit is an efficient way to track our time and generate statements explaining our charges to our clients.

"Timeslips is average"

What do you like best?

Timeslips was relatively simple and straightforward. Maybe the thing I like most about it is also the thing that does not make it spectacular. I liked the timing feature.

What do you dislike?

It was bland to look at and sometimes sorting billable time by client was a difficult task. I felt like it might be an application that is getting lost in the pack because of its blandness. I have a feeling big firms would not get everything they needed from the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not shiny and new. It is a classic billable tracking application.

We used sage timeslips to keep track of our billable hours.

Sage Timeslips review by Tom Z.
Tom Z.

"Beware -- no customer support unless you pay to upgrade software"

What do you like best?

Nothing. They try to upsell you every year or else you lose customer support.

What do you dislike?

Beware -- they try to sell you upgrades and if you do not spend thousands of dollars to upgrade your software each year, they will not provide any technical support (even if you offer to pay for the support).

Time and billing

Sage Timeslips review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"User friendly!"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and does everything we need it to do. It can handle simple tasks with ease and the support is phenomenal for more complex situations.

What do you dislike?

You must log in even when logging out accidentally and reopening immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend so that you spend time helping your clients instead of billing them.

Easy to use and gets the bills out with just a few keystrokes. The time it takes to bill monthly is so much more streamlined and that equates to saving money!

Sage Timeslips review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

This software will accomplish anything you need with a standard time entry program. It’s flexible and transparent.

What do you dislike?

This software will shut down if it detects that not enough licenses are being used. There should be a warning first.

This software will help you standardize your time accross all users with L and A codes

User in Legal Services

"Reliable Program, Lacks Elite Features"

What do you like best?

Ease of use when inputting billable time, though the process could be a but more streamlined. I appreciated the classic template which puts everything in front of you so that you can review prior data before inputting.

What do you dislike?

The overall program lacks elite features to track time and billables in real time while operating in the background. They do have a clock/timed feature to track actions, but would prefer not having to open the program each time to do so. I would prefer some kind of feature that allows pop-ups to track time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those looking to utilize timeslips, its a solid program with basic ease of use functions. If you are willing to spend more on software, other programs can offer elite feature, but for non-frills functions and solid performance, timeslips is the way to go.

Ease of use has made it more efficient to better capture time and billables. As lodestar is very important to our business, a reliable program is a necessity to track billables, especially in litigation that spans the course of several years. Timeslips helps reassure us that we won't have any unforeseen issues when the time comes to submit hours.

Sage Timeslips review by Helen V.
Helen V.

"The Perfect Timekeeper"

What do you like best?

It's easy to enter and correct time prior to billing. You can close old accounts, but easily open them again if necessary.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of practice, but once you get used to it everything is easy.

An all in one billing and client record.

Sage Timeslips review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Sage Timeslips"

What do you like best?

Product was easy to use right after loading. The navigation page is useful.

What do you dislike?

The number of different pre-formatted bill formats is helpful, but a little overwhelming. I found it a little difficult formatting a bill if there was not one pre-formatted that I like.

Time and billing within my firm. Good reports to track the time and billing have provided useful insight to my firm with regard to the billable time and hours spent on various clients jobs.

Sage Timeslips review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easy to use, but difficult for remote users"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to exchange remotes and generate pre-bill worksheets. I like how seamless the process goes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some attorneys that work from remote desktops seem to be unable to connect, but we have been managing this remote exchange despite the difficulty. I dislike that timeslips has become more outdated over the years.

We manage and calculate hours so it solves the issue of not knowing how many hours we have.

Sage Timeslips review by Holly L.
Holly L.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

This product is very easy to understand and maneuver through

What do you dislike?

The support people are very difficult to understand, as they are from a different country

Some people put the wrong names in. This is becoming less of a problem

User in Law Practice

"Effective and reliable. "

What do you like best?

I like the simple usability and the fact that it helps me accurately bill clients. Easy to switch between clients and enter times.

What do you dislike?

The software license is pretty expensive to use. Sometimes there are issues when upgrading operating systems and I have occasionally experienced a ram/memory error error which requires me to restart the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the newest version possible if its your first time as software upgrades can be expensive and there will be more bugs corrected.

Streamlined process in capturing time spent on various projects. Easy to generate accurate statements, print out, and manage my practice.

"Sage TImeslips"

What do you like best?

I like the abbreviation and the spell check

What do you dislike?

You cannot go back and check what you billed once it is downloaded

Recommendations to others considering the product

allow user to look back to previous dates

Help me keep my billing current and clean

Sage Timeslips review by Consultant

"Time Accounting for Consultants"

What do you like best?

Sage Timeslips 2017 is a versions of Timeslips that is available for purchase with a perpetual license. No annual subscription fee applies to this version.

What do you dislike?

The software can be downloaded from Amazon. The version available from Amazon is effectively a 30-day trial version, because Sage has no process in place to allow registration of the software downloaded from Amazon.

Timeslips is the standard for time accounting for professionals who bill by the hour.

Sage Timeslips review by User

"Ok system"

What do you like best?

The ease of inputting data into the program.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the program, runs very slow and takes forever to reload once you hit save.

Tracks attorney time and billable hours.

"Timeslips"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. Very basic.

What do you dislike?

That once you close the bills for the month and accept it, you can't go back and make any changes if I need to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When it comes to the law world, its the best I seen in order to keep track of time and billing. It's easy to keep track of who you are billing and how much are you billing for.

Billing, its really easy to keep track of.

User in Legal Services

"Has a lot it can handle"

What do you like best?

I like using Sage TimeSlips for entering our time for billing. The program is pretty self-explanatory.

What do you dislike?

I don't like however that there isn't a larger character maximum when saving new matter names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for keeping up with records and values of billing for the month, etc.

This program is great for our accounting department to finalize billing for payments. I do like that I can go as a timekeeper and check on previous months past to review billing from another client.

Sage Timeslips review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Deprecated product that was mediocre even at its prime"

What do you like best?

Timeslips is an easy product, doesn't require much learning to actually use, and not ridiculously price.

What do you dislike?

The product is deprecated and Sage doesn't seem to support it anymore. It was useful for the most part and got the job done, but now it's basically hidden on the Sage website.

Time tracking, billing, etc.

User in Law Practice

"Great software for billing time and expenses!"

What do you like best?

The ease of entering and editing time. The simple pull downs are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The ability to search could be made more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great software for entering and managing time a disbursements. Easy global changes and editing features.

Quick and easy time entry and editing. Useful word codes that help with global edits (no charges).

Sage Timeslips review by Administrator

"Works pretty well."

What do you like best?

Invoice options and reports are good, if you can navigate them.

What do you dislike?

LEDES is extra. Often seems to have bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check other software, such as TimeSolv first. Make sure you know exactly what your needs are before implementing, because once you do, it is very time consuming to switch from it.

Time and expense breakdown is concise.

"Nothing bad to say!"

What do you like best?

I like that the program is very easy to use and navigate! Generates bills very easily that can be sent to customers for payment!

What do you dislike?

I don't really think there is anything I don't like about it.

The program solved issues of non-payment by creating invoices/bills to allow customers to see clear and concise report of services provided enabling them to make payment for services rendered

Sage Timeslips review by User in Financial Services

"A Little Convoluted, but Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

I like that I can track my billable hours. As a Third Party Administrator to 401(k) plans, it is very important to know how much billable time that you are spending on a plan.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it seems to get slower with each user that you add to the system.

Tracking billable hours

"TimeSlips"

What do you like best?

Can have open and enter time all day long and see real time billables

What do you dislike?

loss of connection with software with reboot

time manahgement

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Time slips is really easy to use. It allows you to program abbrievations for common and repetitive tasks so that there is consistency in billing slips

What do you dislike?

Kind of a minor thing but wish it would correct spelling automatically

Consistent and accurate timeslips and billing

User in Law Practice

"Good product, Slow to function"

What do you like best?

Ability to store both time and expense slips in one place

What do you dislike?

This software freezes often and lags between saves,

It is an effective way to tract time but can be frustrating when it does not work properly

Sage Timeslips review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Timeslips Review"

What do you like best?

It is a user friendly program. After using it a few weeks it is easy to get used to.

What do you dislike?

Time consuming - There are a lot of features that could be cut out.

Tracking time - easy to bill clients

User in Law Practice

"Easy to use but limits on users"

What do you like best?

Searching for clients and previous entries is easy on Timeslips.

What do you dislike?

Timeslips limits the number of users who can be logged in at a single time.

Time tracking is easy with Timeslips

Learning about Sage Timeslips?

* We monitor all Sage Timeslips reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.