Salesforce Advertising Studio

Advertise at scale across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Mobile Apps

Work for Salesforce Advertising Studio?
Dataxu socialmediaadv  2x

Learning about Salesforce?

Salesforce Advertising Studio Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 30 Salesforce reviews
Salesforce review by <span>David L.</span>
David L.

Nice Interface But Little Else

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and easy to understand and campaign configuration is easy. Also, based on the targeting info you enter (ages, genders, locations, interests...) Social.com will automatically generate all of the corresponding ad groups which is a big plus. The Interactive Optimization is an excellent tool available for fine tuning campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The "new" Facebook pixel hasn't been supported 100% since it launched which has negatively affected our reporting abilities. Also, LinkedIn integration is weak and after attempting to use the Social.com platform for this social network, we have given up and now use the native interface only. Social.com navigation is excruciatingly slow with long lags between pages as well as campaign launches. As mentioned in other reviews, any modifications to a campaign beyond some basic parameters require a complete relaunch of the campaign which is something that is completely unacceptable from a UX perspective.

The interactive optimization is an easy-to-use tool to maximize campaign performance by allowing the user to pause/activate segments or elements of a segment including, for example, individual ads. The great advantage of Social.com is its segmentation and optimization capabilities but the downsides of Social.com are so egregious that it is hard to justify its use, especially when agility, reporting and conversion tracking are required.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Advertising Studio
Salesforce review by <span>Anthony V.</span>
Anthony V.

Makes everything simple

What do you like best?

With Power Editor, the overall UI can be a little confusing to the user. But with Social.com, everything in the UI is laid out in a way that makes sense and is easy to understand.

If any issues come up, I always get a quick response from our reps. I've never come across a problem that wasn't easily solved through them!

What do you dislike?

One of my biggest problems with Social.com is that there is no easy way to make targeting optimizations through the UI. If we need to revisit the type of targeting we're doing, the only way to do it on this platform is by relaunching the entire thing! For any type of targeting optimizations, I use Power Editor because it gives you those options. But unfortunately, every time you use Power Editor, you'll have to sync all your Social campaigns manually to make sure that the data on both platforms matches up.

There are ways to edit some things for campaigns, like lifetime budgets and bids, through the UI. But unfortunately, using bulk editing is the only way to make major changes to a campaign. It would be nice if the same kind of features used in bulk editing were readily available in the UI as well, since that is where Social.com excels as a platform. In terms of performance, the only real improvement that could be made to the existing UI is its speed, as things can run a bit slow from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to find out if Social.com is right for you, I'd recommend talking with one of their reps. They will help you show you what the platform has to offer and you'll be able to get a first hand look at how it works.

As stated earlier, campaign launches are much easier on Social.com when compared to Power Editor. Everything is incredibly easy to understand on the platform, which makes it my preferred method of Facebook advertising. I also really like how you can add multiple ad sets to a campaign, which has allowed for some complex campaign setups with unique targeting being assigned to each individual ad set.

What Social Media Advertising solution do you use?

Salesforce review by <span>Daniel T.</span>
Daniel T.

The best Facebook API out there

What do you like best?

I have very good experience with Social.com. I like the fact that I can save time while uploading large campaigns in a short time with just a few simple clicks. On top of that I love the support / advice we are getting from the team.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it can take a short while before new features are implemented (but this can also be a Facebook thing)

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Social.com offers everything a Social Advertising API should have!

- In addition they have great support and an updated tool with time saving features!

- What you see is what you get! They really thought about the advertiser when designing this API.

- They have a great dashboard that gives me the possibility to optimize on the spot!

I use Social mainly for retention purposes. With the Social.com team I was able to significant lower the cost and improve the result. The API itself was also of great help. It's what you see is what you get, but including advanced targeting features.

Salesforce review by <span>Elad A.</span>
Elad A.

2 years social.com user !!!

What do you like best?

Social.com has one of the best UI platform design of any of the PMD SAAS I worked with.

Great flow for creating campaigns, ad sets and ads (including bulk uploads).

Very good search filter, helps segmenting the campaign list as needed and easily.

What do you dislike?

There's room for improvements on 3 aspects:

1. Interactive optimization tool is AWESOME but still lacks the bulk options.

2. Ad set list got to be improved and finalized to reflect the Facebook structure.

3. You have to log in manually every 30 minutes because the system kicks you out automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel like you waste lots of your time just creating and building campaigns and not running and optimizing them - it's a sign for you to try Social.com

Bulk operations on different campaigns and different markets.

Quick interactive optimizations.

Easy to copy and clone successful campaigns.

Salesforce review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

Very helpful

What do you like best?

I've been using salesforce to build, promote and report on our Facebook campaigns for a long while now and what I like best of the platform is the fact that you save a lot of time building campaigns through the bulk uploader.

I also love being able to monitor all my campaigns in the dashboard and optimise them by taking into account all the different metrics that you can pull such as the CPM, Audience Size, Reach, Audience penetration percentage, CPC and make changes accordingly in order to deliver successfully my campaign objectives.

Last but not least, I really like how knowledgeable of the social landscape the support team is and also how quickly they address my requests providing all the support and guidance that I need, where it be on email or on a phone call and taking the time to provide me with the right answers to my needs/issues.

What do you dislike?

I'm not too happy with the speed the platform operates at frequently. I feel that it takes a lot of time when you are moving from one tab to another as each tab is a different page and then it takes quite a while to load making the process slower in the end. If we compare it to Facebook, Facebook's Power Editor's interface layers out all the different tabs within the same page helping you save time.

I have to say also that sometimes with my team we've found slightly frustrating that the passback of the data from Facebook to Social.com is inaccurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time saver with the bulk uploader.

The key KPI for our client at the moment is to drive online sales, for which we have to rely heavily on conversion tracking.

Conversion tracking metrics on social.com provide us the results and learnings we are looking for in order to evaluate the performance of our campaigns and the reports we get from social.com help us in doing so.

All of the above mentioned helps us in delivering our client's KPI's.

Salesforce review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

Awesome features but still missing some basics.

What do you like best?

The support rep we have is awesome. He is very helpful and is quick to respond. The feature I use the most is the bulk upload tool, using spreadsheets to create new campaigns.

Bid rules make managing hundreds of campaigns very easy.

Otherwise, it's a very easy interface to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

Social.com is missing some features that would help with efficiency.

Filtering campaigns are such a pain on Social.com due to the lack of negative filtering. For example, there's no way to search for campaigns that "do not contain" XYZ in the campaign name.

There is no way to label campaigns. For example, if I am pausing a group of campaigns that need to be re-activated at a later time, there's no way of being able to label them for easy reference. It would be a lot easier to put a label and find that group of campaigns easily.

It is also missing a key feature of scheduling campaigns to pause/reactivate at a certain time--although I hear this will be included in a new update.

Also, I often encounter errors when trying to bulk upload new campaign builds. This is usually the case when I have ~1000 ads I need to upload at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to learn how to effectively use bulk sheets, I recommend creating a campaign manually in the interface, exporting that campaign into a spreadsheet and then using that as a template to make more campaigns.

We use Social.com for Facebook to acquire and retain existing users of our clients' Facebook app on desktop and their mobile app for Android and iPhone.

I specifically work on the retention side of the business and mainly responsible for generating clicks/app engagements at a target CPC. Bid Rules have helped us stay below our target CPC consistently, month over month.

Learning about Salesforce Advertising Studio?

* We monitor all Salesforce Advertising Studio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.