Salesforce Commerce Cloud

Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) is a on-demand e-commerce platform combines the functionality, flexibility and customization capabilities of an in-house application with the operational benefits of the on-demand model, allowing you to realize the full potential of the online channel.

Work for Salesforce Commerce Cloud?

Learning about Commerce Cloud?

Salesforce Commerce Cloud Reviews

Ask Commerce Cloud a Question
Showing 130 Commerce Cloud reviews
Commerce Cloud review by Nitish K.
Nitish K.

"Trusted and great tool for e-commerce website"

What do you like best?

I have been using Demandware (a Salesforce Product) for e-commerce site development and i simply love the way people At Salesforce are eager to help Whenever a ticket is raised for support. The sandbox view and pushing everything to cloud just makes it so simple and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dislike is its not an open source where things get bit tricky when you are stuck at some point of development. The fees are comparitively a bit higher.

I think it is worth the price, for companies who are doing sale worth millions every quater.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy with development, support and maintenance. Probably the best for any e-commerce platform.

I can build a standalone e-commerce website and also integrate with tons of 3rd party products like PayPal, AmazonPay for ease of doing business. Everything can even be analysed to perfection.

Content, inventory and pricebooks management are things which are generally nighmares for business, but Demandware (Salesforce product) makes this so smooth.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Commerce Cloud review by Hannah B.
Hannah B.

"Salesforce Review"

What do you like best?

I like that every department can work together to check up on our valued customers. We keep a log of each conversation and order places, as well as any disputes or issues. It's great to have one platform to manage all of our records and interactions, as well as shared documents and meeting notes.

What do you dislike?

Some features are not very intuitive or user friendly. Even with the help options and user manual, it took some coworkers extra time to get used to the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended to all companies that are having difficulty managing their client base and finding past records!

Before using Salesforce Commerce Cloud, we were using our website notes, Atlassian, in-house program, emails, etc. to record information and did not have one uniform platform to keep all of our customer records together. Now we can all work together and find information easily.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Commerce Cloud review by Jun S.
Jun S.

"Good stable platform"

What do you like best?

A stable platform that suits fashion retailers well. OCAPI offers good API structures and easy to work with. The configuration in the store front business manager was comprehensive. It was also easy to set up a job.

What do you dislike?

The development sandbox environment was slow compared to a production environment. The performance needs to be improved.

The development environment was very niche, now they moved to Javascript and hopefully, it would be improved.

There were some deprecated settings there since the Salesforce took over the DWRE. However, their partnership management team is more responsive now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would evaluate the size of your business and the type of the business. If you're fashion driven retailers and medium enterprise, then it would fit well. Otherwise, I would suggest Magento and other systems such as Shopify. Salesforce Commerce Cloud certainly is the market leader in the could hosting

The platform offers easy integrations.

Commerce Cloud review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Salesforce is an enterprise grade ecommerce solution"

What do you like best?

Salesforce has the ability to both be an enterprise deployment as well as flexible to our needs. Our primary use is for multiple site deployment for location specific ecommerce portals.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce has evolved into its own ecosystem with a complex language. While Salesforce has nearly any capability you need (if you pay for development) its timely and costly to deploy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your full stack solution and time and cost to implement. Salesforce can be a large solution but will need complimentary connection to truly be a full solution.

Multi site ecommerce solutions, integration into ERP and CRM solutions.

Commerce Cloud review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"The best cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solution."

What do you like best?

Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a highly scalable ecommerce solution that allows us not to worry about unprecedented traffic or denial of service for some users due to unforeseen traffic. Salesforce Commerce Cloud upgrades are seemless happening in the background. Upgrade does not require technical skillset to install.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce Commerce Cloud is not suitable for non-standard or niche business models or audiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce commerce cloud is an ideal saas ecommerce solution that frees your business from the demands of managing a technical roadmap.

Salesforce Commerce Cloud have provided a solution for our ecommerce store. We are able to keep pace with the fast pace of change within the ecommerce sector, so that we always have a best-in-class feature set.

User in Retail

"New Platform - Meeting Expectations!"

What do you like best?

Being able to schedule our website content weeks in advance is a lifesaver. We didn't have the ability to do that before so every time our homepage content needed to change, I would have to do it the day before even if that day was a holiday!

What do you dislike?

Building specific pages to send customers to can be a little trying at times. Would be nice to be able to use pricing etc. to build temporary pages for a sale.

This is definitely a more user friendly platform for us and a more user friendly site for the customers. We have more freedom to change the layout of our homepage in a matter of minutes. We have the ability to easily change content for different customers as well.

Commerce Cloud review by kamlesh k.
kamlesh k.

"Best CRM platform for all Kind of Organisation"

What do you like best?

The integrated solutions allow users to work more efficiently and increase the value of each part of the customer life cycle. Moreover, Saleforce analytics and its reporting function gives its users the ability to expand their campaign capacity. As a result, overall productivity can be increased and profit will enormously increased

What do you dislike?

Salesforce has its own maintenance schedule since runs on its own cloud server. As a result, there are times that the application will not be accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes i recommend to each and every organisation those who are using CRM tool i would suggest go to SALESFORCE. Best in Quality equally as Best in price.

i am just using for integration purpose. fetching the effective data and modifying as per the requirement

Commerce Cloud review by César Alejandro M.
César Alejandro M.

"ICould be better"

What do you like best?

Optimizing my site is very good, better than shopify , hize with both test pilot and I was better Shopify .

Similarly I really liked your shopping cart is very simple and has a very quick response

What do you dislike?

On technical support, I had many problems to try to solve but it was very slow, that does not mean that not ironed me , only it was very slow and I lost several sales .

Recommendations to others considering the product

We need to develop the area of technical support

This software solves the problem of online sales , it is not necessary to program a shopping cart to sell , the only thing is to set your page and they take care of payments.

Commerce Cloud review by Emily T.
Emily T.

"Works well as an organizational and notification system"

What do you like best?

-Report feature (to create reports from a variety of tags)

What do you dislike?

Can have an overwhelming amount of data and boxes to check

Able to see which customers are set to churn based off next bill date, which customers have not yet been reached out to by account manager and need re-engagement, customers who are taking great advantage of our software and seeing the most results by pulling specific reports with dates.

Commerce Cloud review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Streamlining EVERYTHING"

What do you like best?

I like that it is entirely able to be customized. You can use it for any work environment, project, or SEO tracking that needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

The big bold button, "anyone can use" feeling - but honestly this is the route all software is taking and since its made for literally everyone I guess the learning curve is quite simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I had more information I imagine so.

We are able to streamline projects in real time with anyone, anywhere. We are able to work with many people on a team and no matter what time of day or what is happening whoever is working is able to reference that information and get rolling.

Commerce Cloud review by User

"Global Workforce Community Solution"

What do you like best?

I like that there is the option for conversations within the platform so that I can be kept up to date on what is going on in the company in different part of the world.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the tool is not very intuitive and it is highly configurable so it requires lots of training and even then not everyone has the time to use it to its full capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that the price you pay up front is only a fraction of what you will pay over the lifetime of the product. It requires lots of configuration and a whole team to support the use and improvement of the product. In some cases it may also require the use of tutorial software (like WalkMe) to ensure that users are able to use it in the most effective way possible.

We are able to save contracts and project information in one location so that our global team all has access to the information.

"CS Perspective"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ability for our company specifically to track all of the sales and company data for each of the merchants that we work with. It's very easy to find the type of data I need on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into many issues with the platform, but that comfortability comes with time and using the product. It can be a little overwhelming to people who are stepping in unfamiliar with the space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the leader in the space for a reason!

I've used salesforce in a number of ways, but I really enjoyed the versatility of the product. It's able to cover so many different bases for a lot of different moving parts for a large organization, and does a great job tracking sales data and automating our social marketing.

"Great CRM"

What do you like best?

Salesforce in a whole is pretty user friendly. I like that I can access my contacts easily and pull reports whenever needed.

What do you dislike?

I think the reporting tool should come with more explanations. I have been using it for many years so I pretty familiar with it's functionality but I think there should be pop ups or an easily accessible FAQ on how to customize reports.

The major benefit for me is the ease of pulling reports quickly. I work with so many people and it makes it easy for me to work more effectively.

Commerce Cloud review by Henry M.
Henry M.

"Utilizing Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn system, user friendly. Have access to all customer information on one platform.

What do you dislike?

It took some coworkers extra time to get used to the system.

Commerce Cloud review by Teresa C. M.
Teresa C. M.

"Work well for my small business"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use; can figure out most of it on my own. Fairly simple. It's also very easy to chart income and apply different filters to evaluate different areas of the business.

What do you dislike?

I'm unable to directly link to QuickBooks

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use; great support

Easy to evaluate growth of the business

"Not Great"

What do you like best?

Return labels are easily accessible and sent out automatically, which is an improvement.

What do you dislike?

We switched to this from an internal system, and our jobs have been considerably more difficult since the changeover. Nothing is intuitive, everything involves more steps than should be necessary, the views are confusing, information is poorly organised, and the system is plagued with glitches and things that we are simply unable to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't.

The system is used for all of our ordering and appeasement info. Return labels are easily accessible and sent out automatically.

Commerce Cloud review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"This is the right platform for most companies"

What do you like best?

I like that Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a 1-stop shop. Most of my operating expenses can be consolidated into 1 platform instead of many.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the revenue share model but am getting used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other customers!!! It's difficult to find customers who are not getting what they need out of the platform.

Scalability is #1 for us. Salesforce saves us the trouble of spinning up additional hardware when we need to scale. They also help us by monitoring performance and stepping in when needed.

Commerce Cloud review by Erica W.
Erica W.

"Salesforce for Retail"

What do you like best?

Great way to documents sales interactions and complete tasks

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its not the most intuitive platform and could be easier to navigate

Documenting sales interaction and the ability to generate reports allows for a better look at numbers.

Commerce Cloud review by User in Internet

"Most robust, consistent and reliable ecommerce platform for brands"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of testing, promotional capabilities, new analytics features and merchandising capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Not much - it's my favorite ecommerce platform to work with and develop ecommerce strategies around. The current analytics/ dashboard reports are very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a robust and secure ecommerce platform to support $10+MM in annual online revenue, SFCC should definitely be on your list!

The main differentiator and benefits of SFCC vs. some other ecommerce platforms are around overall campaign flexibility and ease of use.

Commerce Cloud review by Nick K.
Nick K.

"A Perfect Resource for Far-Reaching Teams"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a great CRM product with many customizable features to help keep data organized. With so many contributing users, there is no better cloud product available.

What do you dislike?

While there is extensive customizable features, the user experience feels slightly outdated.

Centralized organizational solutions

Commerce Cloud review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"Useful and inspiring"

What do you like best?

Employee only coupons and social media from all over the world

What do you dislike?

Tend to be hard to navigate. Shows posts from everyone and can get annoying to filter things everytime you would like to view from a certain user

N/A

Commerce Cloud review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"very good platform to manage infomation"

What do you like best?

many company use this, so the online help and support is very good. It is very easy to track and find the information I need.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning, it require some training to how this CRM works, since it has some many tabs and option, but after a while, it is all okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes, every big company should at least try this one out

We use this to store and manager customer information and lead generation.

Commerce Cloud review by Executive Sponsor in Sporting Goods
Executive Sponsor in Sporting Goods

"Demandware Implementation "

What do you like best?

The software itself is extremely dynamic and offers everything from high level views to very specific details of the business.

What do you dislike?

Our issues came with the implementation. It is difficult to know as a company how preparered you are but we did a good job of cleaning our data prior to implementation. However, the process and project management provided from our third party was not sufficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have a solid team internally to help manage the project as well as hire a good third party management team.

Ecommerce B2C solution. Dynamic web platform. Direct connection with our ERP and PIM softwares.

Commerce Cloud review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"Sales force Commerce Cloud is great!"

What do you like best?

It has transformed how we connect with our customers from the beginning of the process to the end. The analytics it provides is awesome. Apply pay is the best product it supports for our business.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike about this product yet.

It yields personalized on site product recommendations and personalized emailed for our customers. It helps us reach more customers and offer them a secure, single touch checkout process.

Commerce Cloud review by Julia M.
Julia M.

"Ecommerce for ALMOST everything"

What do you like best?

ease of set up and use. Saleforce commerce cloud has been around a long time.

What do you dislike?

the lack of custom reporting and transparency on when features are rolling out

Recommendations to others considering the product

Features and functionality for road map are still hazy for core platform. Salesforce has spent a lot of time on integrating partners rather than focusing on the core platform.

our entire business rests on the commerce cloud - we sell everything

Commerce Cloud review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods
Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods

"Still Has DemandWare's Bugs"

What do you like best?

I'm not really sure I have a "like best" other than...it usually works?

What do you dislike?

Salesforce purchased this platform in the last year or so. It used to be called DemandWare, and it was awful. Salesforce has done a lot of quality work to improve it, but it still carries a lot of the limitations and technical debt we dealt with on DemandWare. It's definitely lacking in quality site search, as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They've improved drastically but have a long way to go yet.

We needed an eCommerce platform. It was selected before I entered the company but I know pretty much everyone involved has some angst with it.

User in Retail

"Easily check all aspects of your business"

What do you like best?

I love that I can log in from anywhere and check on how my store is doing that day. I enjoy that there are so many options to view data and reports.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the newest update. The previous version was much easier to navigate.

I use it mostly for working out daily sales and kpi targets.

Commerce Cloud review by Vishesh S.
Vishesh S.

"Good Product. Needs a little more maturing."

What do you like best?

The config management and the spectrum of functionalities available are amazing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are not performance centric like the PDP management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make sure to go with rigorous performance testing. In some areas, code is not optimized, so the functionality becomes slow as the load increases.

We are using SFCC for our ecommerce platform.

Commerce Cloud review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Comprehensive Ecommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

The interface makes it easy to move between different properties and domains from the primary login. This also makes transferring business rules across multiple domains more efficient on the back end.

What do you dislike?

The campaign and promotion set-up process is a clunky process with multiple steps that could be streamlines

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with an agency or SI who is familiar with implementing SFCC.

Multi-domain, international online sales

Commerce Cloud review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Excellent PoS Software Anyone Can Use"

What do you like best?

Works really well and can be configured pretty easily. The AppExchange is really well designed and anyone can figure it out.

What do you dislike?

How the data is presented, it would be easier if the data presented could be overlaid with past data so that management can see how the sales are going and changes as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend verifying that this covers everything your business needs because it is a little difficult to develop additional solutons on the side.

Commerce Cloud review by Philippe H.
Philippe H.

"Demandware review"

What do you like best?

All in one integrated platform.

The costs are indexed on revenue (pay as you grow) and the editor is committed to the success of the customer since it starts billing only when the customer is online and selling. The platform is very complete, customer friendly and performs decently regarding speed. Demandware is targeting brands and covering most of their needs, as well as understanding the key factors that a brand need to manage, and where it usually falls short.

Since I'm a technical expert and not an end user, I'll impersonate a brand when answering the questions. (I very well know the platform though)

What do you dislike?

The language used in the platform is proprietary, making any former internal workforce useless until retrained. The page load time is, on average relatively slow. On most references they showcase, the pages loads around 3 to 4 seconds, which is higher than most platforms.

The product offers large customisation capabilities but is still SaaS driven, what you need and is not built in needs to be built by yourself. The multi channel part is not yet totally optimal even if large progress were made with DSS (Digital Store System) and the rendering speed of the page is not always constant or as fast as other products.

The timing before being in production tends to grow, passing from 3 months previously to 6 now and growing slightly because the SI's working with Demandware tend to be flooded with demands. Also, the ecosystem is a bit weak, the platform do not so much drive external companies or freelancers to develop tools/addons, which, IMHO lacks a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check if you have specific needs that would not already be covered and would be a bit tricky to "side develop", then other platforms like Hybris could be logical to review, especially if you are very multi channel oriented. If you are a brand, looking for an online solutions covering most of the usual needs, Demandware will most likely cover the vast majority your potential needs.

Look also into the already existing systems you need to interface to Demandware. If they are very usual and widely spread on the market, Demandware most likely cover them, if not, you may enter a slight turbulence zone to make everyone talk together properly.

I'm not a direct user of Demandware, but I extensively reviewed the product since I'm the author of the "Benchmark of ecommerce solutions". The 2014 version will include the review of Demandware, hence I worked with them (in Paris & in Boston), to their review.

I do like the "all in one" approach, tailor made for brands. Experimented people, logical in their approach and the product is very complete. New features like DSS are covering the holes and the points that were ont previously covered pretty quickly and the roadmap is being drafted along with customers.

The overall approach of the product is very attractive and the SaaS model, adopted a long while ago made them breach the UK/US market first. It first limited the expansion in the EMEA zone, mainly in the Latin area because people think they can beat the odds and lower their TCO. In US or UK, the mindset is different because the accountability is made in an analytic way, hence the US/UK were the first to adopt. But the trend is now reaching Europe as well, and the French team has been replaced and rebuild for example, showing that when Demandware identifies a problem, it reacts and correct quickly.

Commerce Cloud review by Administrator

"Good software if you know how to use it"

What do you like best?

I like the interface and how easy it is to understand once you get the hang of it

What do you dislike?

It might be the computers I use it on but it seems to run very slow, operations that shouldnt take much time always seem to hang a little longer than necessary

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

Its able to collate information in different ways increasing my outlook

Commerce Cloud review by Melissa P.
Melissa P.

"Robust system to meet needs"

What do you like best?

The ability to streamline marketing and commerce initiatives. The usability and workflow was easy to use for a beginner or someone who used the system daily.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing in the system that I would change.

We needed the ability to streamline our ecommerce and marketing initiatives within all of our systems. The idea that our email marketing could be integrated into our CRM was a selling point.

Commerce Cloud review by Kate M.
Kate M.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that there are easy to use integrations.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to set up and time to train new employees

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, but it will take time to get your staff on board with a few of the platforms integrations.

It's easier to save everything and keep everyone up to date without too much back and forth.

Commerce Cloud review by J. Hunter G.
J. Hunter G.

"Sales force Review"

What do you like best?

I liked how they funneled in existing clients that were targeted for promotions.

What do you dislike?

There was not much that I disliked about the platform.

We were having some slow foot traffic and sales force really helped us pick it back up by giving us targeted leads to cal throughout the day and pitch promotions to.

Commerce Cloud review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Pretty easy"

What do you like best?

I like that it can be used by multiple people. It is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the pricing and some of the features are up to how much your department ponies up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

We've been able to take care of customers a lot better from any place.

Commerce Cloud review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"Salesforce is a great solution to do business and also as a CRM! "

What do you like best?

I love that it works with retailers to create easy & transparent experiences. It assists with purchasing from clients to sending out purchased products and also has a customer assistance platform. It really make it very personal!

What do you dislike?

It is a bit expensive but think that is salesforce all around.

We are seeing a growth in sales here

"Good Experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. I find it easy to find the data I need from orders and sales. Customer data is not too difficult either. Overall good Experience

What do you dislike?

Difficulty staying linked to other systems correctly. Had some order feeds issues as well as lots of issues logging in when first signing up

Ecommerce Site Order management

Commerce Cloud review by Srutiparna L.
Srutiparna L.

"Work on it everyday!"

What do you like best?

User interface very intuitive

Very flexible

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, I like working with Salesforce (everyday)

Data collection, Customer centric accumulation and layout of sales info

Commerce Cloud review by Sacha G.
Sacha G.

"Demandware for eretailers"

What do you like best?

I managed the Demandware platform on a daily basis during my consulting jobs. As you can imagine, Demandware wasn't an easy tool to manager at first. After spending some time on their exchange center (learning site for users) I was able to push the platform and apply new capabilities that my client didn't have before. The feature or capability that I enjoyed the most is the ability to target experiences and promotions. As a result I was able to create unique experiences based on my customer's profile and spendings with associated promotions.

The ability to target experience is an asset to my client's business and resulted in an increase of +34% sales revenue.

What do you dislike?

In order to fully manage the platform you will need certified Demandware training. Please go to their exchange center to learn as much as possible. 'Those who manages the platform need to be as smart as those who developed the platform' my client use to say.

Good luck to you in the early days, you won't regret it after mastering the tool!

Explain the platform to business owners

Unique-targeted user experience with associated promotions.

Pages only visible to a certain group (based on location or spend).

Translate business needs and qualitative and quantitative data into amazing customer solutions.

Defining and monitoring success through site analytics

Commerce Cloud review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Salesforce is a great case management tool"

What do you like best?

I love that you have access to people's cases at your fingertips. You can view contact info, case notes, visits etc. You can also generate reports to pull data you require and customize it almost any way.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there's so many different permissions and easily enter duplicates without it notifying you.

This allows multiple locations to be able to communicate and see each person's information so if we've given supportive services at one office, all offices can see it so it doesn't get duplicated.

User in Retail

"Salesforce Commerce Cloud Review"

What do you like best?

I like that the Salesforce analytics and reporting function allows me to expand my overall productivity. It does an exceptional job of tracking data and provides reports that easy to decipher for business decisions.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the data is presented with past data so that users have the capability to visualize sales over a period of time. Also, there is a steep learning curve to master this platform to use it to its full capabilities.

I use the Salesforce Commerce Cloud for integration purposes. It allows me to keep track of different sales functions.

Commerce Cloud review by User in Computer Software

"Sales Force"

What do you like best?

It was easy to learn to use. It is easy to keep track. Used it for Cases and it was a good case tracker for incidents

What do you dislike?

Hard to pull reports. Graphs where not too representing of data.

WE deal with Cases. Incidents and it allowed us to keep track of cases. Also allowed us to implement another ticketing system

Commerce Cloud review by Megan N.
Megan N.

"An upgrade from Demandware"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for product/inventory management. Great comprehensive system for setting up promotions and offers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. We are looking into using more of the Content Management features; time will tell if the features are an improvement over what we currently use.

The biggest benefit is a more personalized shopping experience for our customers.

Commerce Cloud review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"A must have CRM solution."

What do you like best?

The best things about Salesforce are the ease of which it can be configured (literally ANYONE can do it with a little time and effort), the automation features and of course, the AppExchange. This really sets Salesforce apart from it's competitors.

What do you dislike?

Reports in historical context - as a sales manager, I always wanted to know how this week's numbers compared in a historical context (vs. last week, this time last year, etc.). The stock reporting options didn't ever seem to be able to provide...

Powerful tool for managing the sales process, tracking your efforts and forecasting the results

Commerce Cloud review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Salesforce makes it easy to organize your data"

What do you like best?

Salesforce has a very user friendsly front end that makes it easy to get around and view all your data.

What do you dislike?

It is very easy to manipulate salesforce. I wish i could auto update my website's DB using SF.

We have to take customer data and use it to create new customers.

Commerce Cloud review by Natalie M. K.
Natalie M. K.

"Demandware Review"

What do you like best?

Customer Success Managers and Team are incredibly helpful and supportive of my brand's success.

What do you dislike?

Some of the out of the box solutions were not enough for some of our desired capabilities and features.

Bridging the gap between our development team and creative team.

Commerce Cloud review by Nisha S.
Nisha S.

"Salesforce is the best of all"

What do you like best?

It is the by far the best CRM which has all the major capabilities which the company look for.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I would like to say. Pricing wise also it's good for the small company

To unify the customer experience

Commerce Cloud review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Simple or Complicated Product"

What do you like best?

Let’s of options to customize website, easy to navigate and see history.

What do you dislike?

Someone needs to go into the platform in order to organize jobs, etc. they are not organized for you.

Able to set up AB tests, promotions, products easily with lots of options.

Commerce Cloud review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"Best combination of serivce, reliability and ease of use we could find"

What do you like best?

Demandware allows us to run our eCommerce business with a small team but without limiting our capabilities. The platform has been extremely reliable (no downtime outside of scheduled maintenance) and scalable. We deal with massive spikes of traffic and Demandware automatically scales up our environment without our active involvement. They adhere to their support SLA and deliver outstanding service under almost all circumstances.

What do you dislike?

It's the nature of the beast but we could do without the revenue share. We would rather be on a fixed cost contract. That said, the traffic and processing allowances based on website revenue are more than fair.

The business manager application is a bit dated and lacks some nice to have functionality, especially around advanced order queries.

Last but not least there are delays in delivering much needed interfaces. OCAPI allows customers to interface all relevant information to take orders from virtually anywhere but we have been (and still are) waiting for backend service to update information on customer records, orders and most importantly inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Revenue sharing initially sounds bad but still makes financial sense for us. Keep an open mind when comparing platforms and thinking about additional costs you may face when hosting your eCommerce platform yourself or have separate vendors for platform and hosting. Having a "one stop shop" is great for us. Demandware adds new features frequently and for complete newcomers offers an almost complete Omni Channel suite.

Demandware has been our eCommerce platform since 2006 and enables us to serve our direct to consumer base on desktop, tablet and mobile browsers.

Commerce Cloud review by Maggie R.
Maggie R.

"Useful and complex"

What do you like best?

Salesforce gives you access to so much data and information tracking

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it’s just too much info. Because the program is so complex, it can be difficult to determine what parts are useful for your business specially.

Able to better track real-time results

User in Retail

"share everything with your company"

What do you like best?

It's like twitter meets instagram but just for the company employees. It's easy to use and fun.

What do you dislike?

Not enough people use it the way they should.

If anyone is experiencing problems within their location they can ask for advice from the entire company. Or if they have a good idea/created something awesome they want to share they can.

Commerce Cloud review by Ruslan K.
Ruslan K.

"Demandware SaaS platform"

What do you like best?

Demandware is a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that provides the whole infrastructure and software foundation for you e-shop to be built upon. Demandware is very good at short projects to get you quickly to the market and start selling things, it has very impressive customer base and the process to get you live is smooth and refined. Additionally they provide constant platform updates so you get new features and improvements as you go. If you`re not having a big operation going the performance of the platform should satisfy you considering you implement everything correctly. Also Demandware has very good partner program called LINK - lots of cartridges that allow you to easily implement popular third-party integrations like payment processors etc. Platform is PCI DSS certified. Code development is done in Javascript language and is very easy to use and adopt comes with certain limitations. There`s also a set of APIs that allow you to integrate with core site functionality which for some business cases can come very handy.

What do you dislike?

if you want to heavily customize your site and be able to work independently of any circumstances on your own unique web experience with no hurdles - you`ll probably face some limitations here and there. However there`s no lack of support and constant flow of updates bringing new features and fixes to the platform. Considering this there`s still some effort to to adapt those new additions/features if your code gets heavily customized from the generic Demandware codebase.

Quick rollouts to multiple countries/markets, working with multiple locales/currencies.

Commerce Cloud review by Jesse H.
Jesse H.

"Fluid and organized"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate between cases, track information and organize your data to stay on task.

What do you dislike?

It opens up in goofy ways when you click it in a new browser.

Time to resolution

"Complex experience"

What do you like best?

Good way to organize opportunities, keep track of details, etc.

What do you dislike?

Can easily reassign opportunities to yourself without permission of other person, sometimes the important data isn’t surfaced.

Simultaneous pursuit of similar opportunities was solved with Salesforce.

Commerce Cloud review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"salesforce"

What do you like best?

its easy and straightforward. everything is where youd need it

What do you dislike?

nothing to note about dislike, it does everything.

writing product copy for the company's website, adding into the stock copy library, reviewing a product copy report

Commerce Cloud review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Rolls Royce of Ecommece Platforms"

What do you like best?

It has an easy to use interface as a business user. It's semi open source and it has all the bells & whistles. It's easy to scale with Demandware and they have the ability to scale globally if you build out to other countries. With a proper product feed, you can create everything under one core product, that have languages generated to each country.

What do you dislike?

Like Rolls Royces, they are expensive. There are not a ton of developers out there with Demandware experience and if they are, they are expensive to. It was about $15,000 a month to use them based off a medium size business' revenue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great plaform, but be prepared with the cost of using the plaform.

Easy to use interface for the business use and they have all the bells & whistles you need in an ecommerce platform.

Commerce Cloud review by Consultant in Wholesale
Consultant in Wholesale

"Helped keep information organized"

What do you like best?

I loved that I could create client profiles and keep them easily separate and organized. The site was clean and relatively easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There were almost too many functions which could be confusing. Some departments used functions in a different way than ours did which was confusing.

Clients could have their information updated and sorted with organization. I could plan my work day around the information and monitor sales trends.

User in Retail

"User Friendly - High functionality Software "

What do you like best?

I like the interface and interaction you get between the different functions. While touching base with many different departments, clear concise communications and functions are necessary. Salesforce Comerce delivers just that.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the integration seems to be a little inconsistent. Not always but there were a few kinks at first. Most have been fleshed out.

Omni channel routing has great parameters and we have taken full advantage of the logic of order routing.

Commerce Cloud review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Decent experience"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface. Fast, almost never freezes.

What do you dislike?

Could have more robust testing capabilities. It's also hard to find specific information on how to set up A/B tests in Demandware Salesforce.

Integrated platform across multiple sites/regions/brands.

User in Retail

"User friendly and efficient "

What do you like best?

This service is user friendly, easy to train new employees on. It is easy to navigate your way through the program to find everything you need. Because of its ease of use it makes working with it very efficient.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about this program.

It is easy to track sales and monitor what changes need to be made to increase them.

Commerce Cloud review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Good CRM platform"

What do you like best?

Salesforce allows you to customize the display and filter based on your company preference

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of for now. Maybe the fact that multiple people cannot use the software at the same time? It might be just because of our subscription option.

We use Salesforce to manage clients and track client deliverables. It has been very helpful in helping us to manage client relations

Commerce Cloud review by Administrator

"I love the software that they have created called GXi! Very user-friendly and intuitive. "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now, seems like a perfect fit for my needs.

Customer service and communication within the team.

Commerce Cloud review by Aaron J.
Aaron J.

"Developer for global Ecomm brand on Demandware platform"

What do you like best?

The custom site preferences make it very easy to build new features for one site and then let regional business owners decide if they want to enable it for their site as well without having to copy/rebuild the code.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a custom database solution is probably the biggest hurdle I've had in working with DW. We've had to build 3 external databases for address pickers for certain countries and then build a cross domain solution to communicate with the DW code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a lot to learn about the Demandware platform, but it's very useful once you are able to utilize everything it can do.

Demandware makes it easy to organize multiple sites (we've got 20+) into a single code base.

Commerce Cloud review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use and customize "

What do you like best?

I’ve worked with several businesses on SFCC always cool new features and custimizations

What do you dislike?

Somethings can get a bit hacky when customizing

All sorts of problems, from sorting to special tax calculations

Commerce Cloud review by Caroline C.
Caroline C.

"love this platform"

What do you like best?

i've been using it for 10+ years, the easy of the application with business manager is the best

What do you dislike?

having to open a ticket for every question

ecommerce platform

"Track it all"

What do you like best?

It very easy to merge gmail with crm using salesforce

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, updates system well.

Keeping up with leads and opportunities in the system

Commerce Cloud review by Braeden S.
Braeden S.

"Effective to reach the goals and needs of the store."

What do you like best?

The many different applications available.

What do you dislike?

It tends to have many glitches throughout the day.

Meeting sales goals is a huge benefit and inventory being not up to date.

Commerce Cloud review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Keeps me organized. Easy to navigate. Tasks all in one place

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to better navigate due dates of tasks

Client communication and proactive contact

Commerce Cloud review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Demandware - Lots of options, but difficult to implement"

What do you like best?

I think that Demandware has given its clients a lot of flexibility. This tool is fantastic for apparel, beauty, and other seasonal relevant products due to its robust search and merchandising functions. The power of their dynamic search is fantastic. Essentially, you can preset your product ranking for every page based on a single metric (units sold), or a combination/algorithm of multiple metrics (50% units sold and 50% Total Profit).

What do you dislike?

If you are not a seasonal relevant product like apparel or beauty, this tool is not as flexible for you. For the business that we are in, we have the same product portfolio all year long. In order to run deals, we need to create new codes for the same product. B/c of this, the dynamic search doesn't work for us because all the sales metrics are tied to the deal codes instead of to the parent product. This causes us to have to go in a manually sort through all of our products to rank them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you do your research. If you are in apparel or beauty supplies (like most of the Demandware clients) this is a very good platform for you.

We were able to do a lot of search driven redirects in the Christmas time frame (our busiest period) very easily. The have a very easy to use interface to manipulate search results, and to see how you are impacting them.

Commerce Cloud review by User

"Better than pencil and paper organization, just more clicking and tech glitches. "

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to learn the basics. Easy for of multi level organization. Generate reports quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of clicking and tech errors. Items are always automatically deleting or not synching correctly with other apps.

Synchs with multiple other apps we use in a e-commerce business. Easy to use and teach others how to use and organize data.

Commerce Cloud review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I see you!"

What do you like best?

I love how I can automatically sync info

What do you dislike?

Nothing to Filomeno, great product to me

Can sun everything from Gmail inbox to crm!

Commerce Cloud review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"SalesForce"

What do you like best?

Ease of data tracking

Ease of contact information

What do you dislike?

Speed of platform on wireless networks is too slow

Client data

Commerce Cloud review by User in Computer Software

"Demandware reivew"

What do you like best?

Platform integration. The system is stability. The team keeps up with adding and releasing new features and functionalities.

What do you dislike?

The software appears to be buggy and slow at times. The ecosystem is somewhat weak to allow third parties to develop add-ons.

Targeted customer experience with promotions.

Commerce Cloud review by Natasha B.
Natasha B.

"Great Staging and Production Product"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use within the software when building out new landing pages and editing the HTML to further customize the page. Demandware also made it very easy to merchandise products onto pages.

What do you dislike?

When mimicking content within the platform I was unable to have to pages open within the same browser without complications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Demandware is a very easy to use software that helps company's achieve their business goal in a swift manner.

Quickly merchandising pages in order to increase organic rankings in new keywords categories.

Commerce Cloud review by Jie G.
Jie G.

"salesforce"

What do you like best?

easy to start for non-tech or light-tech people, especially sales

minimum coding required

common feature built in

What do you dislike?

hard to scale

hard to expand and customize in later stage

financial service

integration with 3rd party

logging

error handling

Commerce Cloud review by Subbu S.
Subbu S.

"Early read on SFCC Launch"

What do you like best?

Flexibility

Speed to market

Easy Integration with third party

What do you dislike?

No Loyalty and bounce back promotions .

E-commerce platform and web order placement.

"Salesforce review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Best way to communicate within organization.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. I've had no issues at this point and time.

None

Commerce Cloud review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"professional cloud service and platform"

What do you like best?

I like their highly customized develop options allow developers to do and general instructions is very helpful for beginners.

What do you dislike?

The platform UI is not attractive at all... Maybe the reason is it's providing service to enterprise level customers.

Developed Customer and sales relationship web app. Not to hard to establish a demo on this platform

Commerce Cloud review by Gurditta G.
Gurditta G.

"Salesforce is Amazing!!!"

What do you like best?

Sales Cloud

Service CLoud

Identity Management

What do you dislike?

E-Commerce - didn't like the pricing model

Implemented CRM and PRM - Partner Relationship Management

Commerce Cloud review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Seamless digital commerce "

What do you like best?

A great update on demandware, super simple POS and sales management software.

What do you dislike?

Content authoring could be better, image management also needs a fix.

The way in which it helps get a customer engaged in our products with its intellegent predictions has certainly helped speed the sales process. We saw an increase in both clicks and revenue.

Commerce Cloud review by Bill S.
Bill S.

"DemandWare - works well if YOU work well"

What do you like best?

Promotion management. Compared to our prior in house solution, it is so easy to set up, schedule and institute promotions of multiple types.

What do you dislike?

Lack of a CMS (content Management Solution) for quicker, on the fly content swaps, thus by passing development or coding.

Ability to merchandise on several sites efficiently, assuming they are on the same platform. Also, easier (compared to our old in house solution) to institute promotions and other marketing managment aspects (including managing and influencin seo, content, etc.

Commerce Cloud review by Executive Sponsor in Retail
Executive Sponsor in Retail

"Director of Ecommerce Development"

What do you like best?

The stability of the platform is a big benefit. Also the fact they the continue to release new features and functionality. Demandware is proactive with their customer support. They are quick to notify us if they see an issue.

What do you dislike?

The lack of single sign on makes it hard to admin the development environments. Another dislike is that you cannot replicate from the staging environment to development sandboxes.

Providing a reliable Ecommerce solution. We have realized an increase in sales as well as an increase in time to roll out new functionality.

Commerce Cloud review by Ian M.
Ian M.

"Former Tech Lead for Pioneering Demandware site "

What do you like best?

the extensibility was really nice, we were able to do almost anything in the platform and even won design and site awards using their platform.

What do you dislike?

the one-to-one sandbox requirements, while understandably necessary, are cumbersome sometimes while trying to share code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every developer needs their own sandbox, sharing those resources simply will not work. Don't bother with reference code, you'll just need to re-write it all again.

fully global e-comm platform.

Commerce Cloud review by Timothy M.
Timothy M.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and the cartridge capability. They have partnered with 100s of vendors that can almost "plug-in" to the demandware platform. So, it makes it a lot easier to bring new functionality to the site quickly and cheaply.

What do you dislike?

I'd like our site to move to a responsive site.

Omni-channel sales throughout all channels.

Commerce Cloud review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Salesforce Review"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability ro have all of my contacts in one place.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce has limited ability for automation with my email server

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to spend time with it and read some "how to" tutorials.

Importing contacts and exporting lists makes setting up mailing lists easy.

Commerce Cloud review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Salesforce"

What do you like best?

It's a great data base. The only one I know, but it seems good for what it does if you pay for the extra features.

What do you dislike?

N/a. Nothing to report. It seems fine.No complaints at this time.

Putting pictures up where we can see it in our database.

"Easy to adapt to"

What do you like best?

The interface of this program is easy to understand and navigate

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are glitches her and there but for the most part everything works smoothly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to understand the program

Keeping records and being able to organize print outs of sales..etc

Commerce Cloud review by Jeremiah G.
Jeremiah G.

"Demandware E-Commerce Platform"

What do you like best?

Ease-of Use, functionality, and support.

What do you dislike?

difficulty finding experienced users. When we first implemented Support was not up to par. Has greatly improved though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the company has come a long way since we first implemented. The level of support has greatly increased over the past year.

Streamlined business processes, replaced a previously used unstable system.

Commerce Cloud review by Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting
Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting

"New but not"

What do you like best?

Highly Customizable, Intuitive, Robust. Takes some time but you can customize it to your liking. The links are very handy and its great for logging production.

What do you dislike?

Great for acquiring new accounts but not necessarily to maintain customers and provide a history of their recent orders and their preferences.

Accurate reporting.

Commerce Cloud review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"It's awesome!"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is awesome and very useful. I used it every day and it makes my job so much easier.

What do you dislike?

Load time is sometimes slow when loading tickets. Other than that nothing else.

We are managing our ecommerce side of business and issues.

Commerce Cloud review by Rob C.
Rob C.

"Great partner program."

What do you like best?

All the certified LINK partners applications work right out of the box. It takes the guessing game out of trying to figure out if a plug in will work with your site or not.

What do you dislike?

Built for enterprise level clients with no option for smaller companies.

Demandware helps gets products to market faster.

Commerce Cloud review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"Great at more than sales"

What do you like best?

Cloud-based identity, enterprise, and customer account relationships and attributes easily combined.

What do you dislike?

Creating unique queries take a bit more time and effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out - and see if it give the flexibility needed for your work environment.

Reaching and tracking more customer interactions. Higher retention with follow-ups.

Commerce Cloud review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Demandware - Eyeopening"

What do you like best?

The scheduling and feature functionality - storefront tool kit!!

What do you dislike?

Business Manager - isn't consistent for UX purposes. Saving, updating and deleting are not streamlined. Sometimes you know you were successful with a change, other times it is not as obvious. Also, BM is not as Mac compatible as it is with PC.

We have been able to update more quickly and proactively while hitting core business needs.

Commerce Cloud review by User

"EXCELENTE aporte en la nube "

What do you like best?

Es un producto que permite interconexión entre la fuerza de ventas y las áreas producción

What do you dislike?

Debería reforzar los puntos de comunicación entre departamentos

Recommendations to others considering the product

EXCELENTE programa para control de fuerzas comerciales

Manejo efectivo en la rotación de inventarios cerca de la obsolescencias

Commerce Cloud review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Great at managing contacts"

What do you like best?

Great platform to be able to keep track of prospective customers

What do you dislike?

Has many features that are great at work but can not find a way to take it mobile.

Being able to list and keep track of prospective customers.

Commerce Cloud review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The Ferrari of Ecommerce "

What do you like best?

The SaSS system and always being able to access the site.

What do you dislike?

We never got to use all the features. It has everything and for some companies that is sometimes to much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know what your getting your self into. This system has everything but some companies do not need something so large. We had the Ferrari and stepped back to the Porsche because our team was not large enough to really use all the features.

Ecommerce.

Commerce Cloud review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Salesforce Rocks"

What do you like best?

Good User Experience and Good UI.More features and ongoing Development based on different release.

What do you dislike?

Lagging in fastness.Lot more advanced features not enabled

I have gained Developing skills and different ways to attract customers with good UI and user Experience

"Great organizational tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and does way more than what I would ever expect. Reliable, dependable, and simple.

What do you dislike?

The overall feel does look a bit dated. Like an old website.

Finding new leads and organizing them by priority.

Commerce Cloud review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Basic Use"

What do you like best?

I like the different integrations available through sales force.

What do you dislike?

I believe there was a large learning curve with this platform.

It’s truly simplified our lead prospecting. Love the ability to see where the lead came from.

Learning about Salesforce Commerce Cloud?

* We monitor all Salesforce Commerce Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.