Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ automates quoting, contracting, and ordering processes. Improve sales productivity and close more deals without ever leaving the Salesforce Cloud. Fully native on Salesforce1, Salesforce CPQ delivers next generation CPQ which is 5-10x easier to implement than legacy CPQ applications.

Work for Salesforce CPQ?

Learning about Salesforce CPQ?

Salesforce CPQ Reviews

Ask Salesforce CPQ a Question
Showing 340 Salesforce CPQ reviews
Salesforce CPQ review by <span>Bill P.</span>
Bill P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The platform has come a long way and allows me as an admin to be creative with how I build functionality to create quotes for our customers. I can have various pricing types for different products, and at the same time control pricing with rules and validations to "dummy proof" it for my users, creating a consistent experience for my customers.

What do you dislike?

Documentation and training needs to be more cohesive. The knowledge library has articles from old features, some still have Steelbrick name/branding/terms. Some articles lack necessary detail, and are not consistent with in person training and vice versa. The customer experience for guided learning is lacking and needs an expert in Google-fu just to find the knowledge article.

Needing to add multiple permission sets for admins is somewhat annoying, but can deal with it.

HTML WYSIWYG editor needs serious work

Document generator needs serious work as well, can be very slow and clash with certain browsers on a whim (Chrome doesnt get along with it all the time)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before making the jump , ensure without a doubt you understand your product and pricing structure inside and out. Not only pricing, but can answer the "if this then that" questions for all products and combinations. I would also decide if your products can be quoted with simple out of the box quotes & products with standard functionality or not. CPQ is a very heavy and robust tool that allows you to cover the majority of product and pricing scenarios, but requires a lot of work in planning, design and execution. If you do not know your products, processes, and pricing in your sleep, you will make more work for your development team down the road and can be costly.

Complex quoting for custom manufactured products. We currently cannot report on quoted product configurations due to the thousands of configurations we have, but Salesforce CPQ will allow us to not only allow users to further customize their product quotes, but give us the ability to report on specific products, options and configurations.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce CPQ
Salesforce CPQ review by <span>Josiah P.</span>
Josiah P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

CPQ software's have dramatically increased my personal business revenue. I spent hours on excel building personal quotes and have saved countless hours since switching to a proper CPQ like sales force. Sales force is the cleanest software in my opinion which is why I have stuck with it.

What do you dislike?

My initial fear was it's price but after using a separate IBM CPQ software that was way worse and more expensive I found this to be about average in price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch if you are still creating personal quotes using basic software(excel, word, google docs)

I have found a much faster sales cycle and created high value deals with customers because of Sales force. CPQs like this have boosted my deals effectiveness by giving my sales team the power to create the best quote possible and has ensured that that my team only sells with the most recent pricing list.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What CPQ solution do you use?

Salesforce CPQ review by <span>Jack P.</span>
Jack P.

Great tool to Automate the Quoting Process

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The seamless integration with Salesforce and ability to leverage products and connect with opportunities makes CPQ a no-brainer.

What do you dislike?

CPQ is pushing out new versions very quickly and there are a lot of fixes that have to take place on the new versions. We were nearly 11 months behind in the version we were using, because we waited until the newer version was stable that we would not have issues with our configuration. We were on version 25 and targeted upgrading to version 27. It took about 6 months of patches to 27 so that it was at a point of stability, that we could upgrade. By the time we upgraded to 27, 28 had been released.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steelbrick, now CPQ, is still a pretty new acquisition for Salesforce. As such, Steelbrick does not function, from a customer service stand point, to the high level that core Salesforce does. It will take some time for them to get there, but if you are currently a salesforce customer and adding CPQ, do not expect them to work as well as core Salesforce's customer service.

The consistency of quotes created and the oversight of the quoting process were issues that we had in the past. The method of how products are selected and a quote is populated based on the salesforce product database insures that we are quoting the product at the correct press, supplying the correct product specifications and current pricing, every time.

Salesforce CPQ review by <span>Matt G.</span>
Matt G.

Very solid native CPQ solution

Validated Review
What do you like best?

There is a lot of flexibility available in the Salesforce CPQ tool. Everything from simple products to bundled multi-tier pricing products can be handled. The fact that it is 100% native also means that we can extend functionality by writing custom business logic using Apex/VF when necessary.

What do you dislike?

The CPQ screens can be slow to load. They have made improvements to performance over time, but the user experience is still slow compared to other screens within the SFDC system. I'd be hesitant to make a purchase if I had thousands of products with complex pricing structures. I'm not saying it won't work in those environments, but I'd certainly recommend that you put the CPQ through intense testing during your evaluation.

Also, moving data from one environment to another is insanely painful (vLookup after vLookup). This slows the deployment process and makes the tool much less agile than what I'd prefer. I know there are solutions like Moovr out there to address this issue, but those come at an additional cost which can be hard to justify since the benefit is primarily only recognized by the SFDC admin.

We needed a solution that would scale with our business as we grow and expand our product portfolio. We also needed something that would support a complex multi-tiered pricing structure with layered discount authority and approvals. CPQ has provided great value in this area.

Salesforce CPQ review by <span>Richard W.</span>
Richard W.
Validated Review

Great CPQ too for the modern market

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love being able to quickly and easily built complex product bundles. Features and Product Options are very intuitive and easy to use with very minimal technical skills required. I'm often able to control access to products using nested bundles rather than having to build complex Product or Price Rules.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better/easier method for creating guided selling questions to be used in quoting. My organization locks down general setup access to be lockstep with a release cycle which makes the already complicated process of creating new custom fields even more complicated. It often takes weeks or months of planning just to add a simple "guided selling" question with selection base Product Rules..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone following the industry knows that Salesforce is one of the leading CRM and CPQ providers, Salesforce has great support and a lot of very talented individuals working for them. My only disappointment was that I expected more in terms of "intelligent quoting", being able to ask guided selling questions easily, being able to build rules based off of our install base. Basic configurations work like a charm!

One location to access all of our commercial tools and data. Navigation is quick and easy, the UI is clean and modern. So many opportunities to customize, improve, and grow. We're beginning to see the benefits of having all of our products in CPQ and have a better, more consistent vision of our entire portfolio and what our install base looks like.

Salesforce CPQ review by <span>Scott P.</span>
Scott P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Very flexible product. We are able to use out of the box features but also include our own customizations as we normally do with any Salesforce features. We can extend CPQ to work the way we need.

What do you dislike?

Finding information about how CPQ works out of the box is not easy. If I have an issue with Salesforce, a quick Google search will find articles where others have dealt with the issue. But with CPQ, the community is much smaller so finding those answers takes a good deal more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a steep learning curve for implementing CPQ so we worked with a Steelbrick partner that helped us through some of the initial setup and questions about which direction we should be going with certain features but it was pretty expensive. Once we've been using it for a while, we're able to do more but initially we found the product is not very intuitive to use.

We needed to reduce the amount of time our sales reps spend creating quotes for our customers. We've been able to increase their productivity and ensure the quotes and contracts generated are consistent and branded properly

Learn more about Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ Videos

Learning about Salesforce CPQ?

* We monitor all Salesforce CPQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.