Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ

(578 reviews)

Salesforce CPQ automates quoting, contracting, and ordering processes. Improve sales productivity and close more deals without ever leaving the Salesforce Cloud. Fully native on Salesforce1, Salesforce CPQ delivers next generation CPQ which is 5-10x easier to implement than legacy CPQ applications.

Work for Salesforce CPQ?

Learning about Salesforce CPQ?

Salesforce CPQ Reviews

Ask Salesforce CPQ a Question
Showing 637 Salesforce CPQ reviews
Salesforce CPQ review by Shannon K.
Shannon K.

"Great for Numbers People"

What do you like best?

I'm a novice and probably don't use everything to its full potential, but everything about SalesForce is helpful in that it makes a visual of all of those Excel sorts you're used to doing. Be it a table of data, or an actual visual chart. It collects the leads, helps you remember where in the communication/sales process you are with them, allows the team to help jump in and take part in the process, save files, then (what I do) run overall reports on what's going on to figure out trends and statistics.

What do you dislike?

It is so specific, so you have to double check everything. A quality problem. Slightly outside/unrelated, when you convert a lead into an opportunity, there's some data that you lose which gets frustrating when you're reentering everything back in.

It speeds up the overall process of selling. Not one thing in particular.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce CPQ
Salesforce CPQ review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"Great, robust product for Enterprise & above. "

What do you like best?

The platform has come a long way and allows me as an admin to be creative with how I build functionality to create quotes for our customers. I can have various pricing types for different products, and at the same time control pricing with rules and validations to "dummy proof" it for my users, creating a consistent experience for my customers.

What do you dislike?

Documentation and training needs to be more cohesive. The knowledge library has articles from old features, some still have Steelbrick name/branding/terms. Some articles lack necessary detail, and are not consistent with in person training and vice versa. The customer experience for guided learning is lacking and needs an expert in Google-fu just to find the knowledge article.

Needing to add multiple permission sets for admins is somewhat annoying, but can deal with it.

HTML WYSIWYG editor needs serious work

Document generator needs serious work as well, can be very slow and clash with certain browsers on a whim (Chrome doesnt get along with it all the time)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before making the jump , ensure without a doubt you understand your product and pricing structure inside and out. Not only pricing, but can answer the "if this then that" questions for all products and combinations. I would also decide if your products can be quoted with simple out of the box quotes & products with standard functionality or not. CPQ is a very heavy and robust tool that allows you to cover the majority of product and pricing scenarios, but requires a lot of work in planning, design and execution. If you do not know your products, processes, and pricing in your sleep, you will make more work for your development team down the road and can be costly.

Complex quoting for custom manufactured products. We currently cannot report on quoted product configurations due to the thousands of configurations we have, but Salesforce CPQ will allow us to not only allow users to further customize their product quotes, but give us the ability to report on specific products, options and configurations.

What CPQ solution do you use?

Salesforce CPQ review by Josiah P.
Josiah P.

"Best streamlined software out there for providing quotes."

What do you like best?

CPQ software's have dramatically increased my personal business revenue. I spent hours on excel building personal quotes and have saved countless hours since switching to a proper CPQ like sales force. Sales force is the cleanest software in my opinion which is why I have stuck with it.

What do you dislike?

My initial fear was it's price but after using a separate IBM CPQ software that was way worse and more expensive I found this to be about average in price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch if you are still creating personal quotes using basic software(excel, word, google docs)

I have found a much faster sales cycle and created high value deals with customers because of Sales force. CPQs like this have boosted my deals effectiveness by giving my sales team the power to create the best quote possible and has ensured that that my team only sells with the most recent pricing list.

Salesforce CPQ review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Salsforce CPQ"

What do you like best?

The ability to process a quote quickly and efficiently helps my daily task proficiency increase

Straight forward to use, and intuitive.

Has reduced the number of steps needed when building and finalizing a quote.

Native workflow w/in salesforce.com opportunities - that is a pretty essential characteristic.

The ability to house multiple quotes that can be updated on the fly and integrate well with our pricing packages.

What do you dislike?

Calc and process time are slow, as is the case with many Salesforce native applications. If there are too many line items, you may see APEX errors.

The order form process can get very lengthy if you have several line items or need to account for year over year increases in per subscriber cost with separate line items for each year in a multi-year agreement.

If there are not multiple people eligible to approve a quote at a certain stage in the approval process, it can take a significant amount of time if that individual is away from their computer / mobile device.

Ability to update certain aspects of quote, even when it is in approval stage. while it is in the stages of being approved or even receiving an SOW or a service request, I'm not able to update the license name until the approval goes through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

f you need to quote multiple product configurations across multiple subscription terms, things quickly become quite laborious

Enabling reps to produce complex price quotes that can span multiple product lines and (to an extent) simplify orders

Salesforce CPQ review by Marco L.
Marco L.

"CPQ product at its best"

What do you like best?

The UX and UI are definitely a referral for each company that wants to develop a product in this segment. The ease of use and the low level of numebr of clicks or taps to reach the end of the offer is a plus, an added value that Sales Force has than the others.

What do you dislike?

Well, we need quite a lot of time to think about that. What I can say that could be improved a little more are the format and the shapes of the final contract sheets, but this is just a personal evaluation. Also, we did not have the necessity to contact Sales Force support service because we had a smooth demo experience in full autonomy. So, about this part of the service, we can't say anything relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely Sales Force is the head of the CPQ softwares that each company in this sector should take in consideration to reach their business goal. It is a milestone in this business.

main benefits for my company is the standard definition of what can be defined ease of use. Sales Force is an outstanding product for UX and UI and our product should go on to follow this direction in order to enhance this part in which we have a big unexpressed potential. In the next steps our company will make steps in the Sales Force direction in order to properly enhance our product and perform decisive steps forward.

Salesforce CPQ review by Felix M.
Felix M.

"Salesforce CPQ is the Industry Standard CPQ Application Across Industries"

What do you like best?

- Short learning curve

- Minimal Coding knowledge needed to administer the application

- Robust functionality in Product Configuration, Pricing, and Quote Document Generation

- 100% Force.com

- Elegant Data Model

- The core product continues to improve each year in terms of number of features

What do you dislike?

- Cost

- New releases can be buggy

- Customer Community Documentation can be significantly improved

Salesforce CPQ provides the perfect framework for making the Sales Process elegant for Unity Technologies. It provides all the capabilities the company needs to integrate with our proprietary invoice tool, and it is able to consistently meet business requirements.

The primary benefit has been improved efficiency in creating Quote Documents. Account Executives are able to be more productive because they don't have to draft Quotes themselves.

Salesforce CPQ has allowed Unity to create a two-way integration between internal use of Salesforce CRM and our Finance tools.

Salesforce CPQ review by Jack P.
Jack P.

"Great tool to Automate the Quoting Process"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration with Salesforce and ability to leverage products and connect with opportunities makes CPQ a no-brainer.

What do you dislike?

CPQ is pushing out new versions very quickly and there are a lot of fixes that have to take place on the new versions. We were nearly 11 months behind in the version we were using, because we waited until the newer version was stable that we would not have issues with our configuration. We were on version 25 and targeted upgrading to version 27. It took about 6 months of patches to 27 so that it was at a point of stability, that we could upgrade. By the time we upgraded to 27, 28 had been released.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steelbrick, now CPQ, is still a pretty new acquisition for Salesforce. As such, Steelbrick does not function, from a customer service stand point, to the high level that core Salesforce does. It will take some time for them to get there, but if you are currently a salesforce customer and adding CPQ, do not expect them to work as well as core Salesforce's customer service.

The consistency of quotes created and the oversight of the quoting process were issues that we had in the past. The method of how products are selected and a quote is populated based on the salesforce product database insures that we are quoting the product at the correct press, supplying the correct product specifications and current pricing, every time.

Salesforce CPQ review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Very solid native CPQ solution"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of flexibility available in the Salesforce CPQ tool. Everything from simple products to bundled multi-tier pricing products can be handled. The fact that it is 100% native also means that we can extend functionality by writing custom business logic using Apex/VF when necessary.

What do you dislike?

The CPQ screens can be slow to load. They have made improvements to performance over time, but the user experience is still slow compared to other screens within the SFDC system. I'd be hesitant to make a purchase if I had thousands of products with complex pricing structures. I'm not saying it won't work in those environments, but I'd certainly recommend that you put the CPQ through intense testing during your evaluation.

Also, moving data from one environment to another is insanely painful (vLookup after vLookup). This slows the deployment process and makes the tool much less agile than what I'd prefer. I know there are solutions like Moovr out there to address this issue, but those come at an additional cost which can be hard to justify since the benefit is primarily only recognized by the SFDC admin.

We needed a solution that would scale with our business as we grow and expand our product portfolio. We also needed something that would support a complex multi-tiered pricing structure with layered discount authority and approvals. CPQ has provided great value in this area.

Salesforce CPQ review by Allison T.
Allison T.

"Insurance sales"

What do you like best?

there is so much information all navigated through salesforce, training it is a lot but i love how deep it can hold information and how easily it can be searched and trained to use

What do you dislike?

not user friendly in internet explorer, it is a lot of information and navigation to learn. It could be a little more informative on where you can find info

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and browse into each tab, carrier, everything leads ot the information and requirements insurance has

Training and information is at your fingertips with the click, it lessens the need for paper, allows new users an easy way to access important information about each carrier.

Salesforce CPQ review by Richard W.
Richard W.

"Great CPQ too for the modern market"

What do you like best?

I love being able to quickly and easily built complex product bundles. Features and Product Options are very intuitive and easy to use with very minimal technical skills required. I'm often able to control access to products using nested bundles rather than having to build complex Product or Price Rules.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better/easier method for creating guided selling questions to be used in quoting. My organization locks down general setup access to be lockstep with a release cycle which makes the already complicated process of creating new custom fields even more complicated. It often takes weeks or months of planning just to add a simple "guided selling" question with selection base Product Rules..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone following the industry knows that Salesforce is one of the leading CRM and CPQ providers, Salesforce has great support and a lot of very talented individuals working for them. My only disappointment was that I expected more in terms of "intelligent quoting", being able to ask guided selling questions easily, being able to build rules based off of our install base. Basic configurations work like a charm!

One location to access all of our commercial tools and data. Navigation is quick and easy, the UI is clean and modern. So many opportunities to customize, improve, and grow. We're beginning to see the benefits of having all of our products in CPQ and have a better, more consistent vision of our entire portfolio and what our install base looks like.

Salesforce CPQ review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"Using CPQ for our Quotes and still adding features for our staff"

What do you like best?

Very flexible product. We are able to use out of the box features but also include our own customizations as we normally do with any Salesforce features. We can extend CPQ to work the way we need.

What do you dislike?

Finding information about how CPQ works out of the box is not easy. If I have an issue with Salesforce, a quick Google search will find articles where others have dealt with the issue. But with CPQ, the community is much smaller so finding those answers takes a good deal more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a steep learning curve for implementing CPQ so we worked with a Steelbrick partner that helped us through some of the initial setup and questions about which direction we should be going with certain features but it was pretty expensive. Once we've been using it for a while, we're able to do more but initially we found the product is not very intuitive to use.

We needed to reduce the amount of time our sales reps spend creating quotes for our customers. We've been able to increase their productivity and ensure the quotes and contracts generated are consistent and branded properly

Salesforce CPQ review by Alexandra G.
Alexandra G.

"Pricey, support is lacking, and not intuitive at all"

What do you like best?

I like that it's directly integrated with Salesforce, so that as I get to know my way around new Salesforce capabilities, applications, and configurations, CPQ usually follows along and can work well as a now native Salesforce service.

What do you dislike?

My sales team has avoided using CPQ because it's not intuitive and difficult to edit the way they want because of the lack of configurations we've set up. When I want to add configurations or change aspects about our CPQ and quoting process, this effort is extremely tedious and nonsensical at times. I have more complaints about their support team than any other service/product we use because they're not responsive, and when they are responsive, they direct you to the community page where it's full of support folks or others that are just as non-responsive. Their "WYSIWYG" editor for editing quote templates and content is actually not that AT ALL and doesn't make sense when using HTML.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly think that if you have the budget, go with something else. Something where high end support is INCLUDED in your package so that you're not scrambling to get professional, comprehendible quotes out to customers in order to keep your business running smoothly and hitting sales goals. They did give us a nice discount in the beginning, but that's not always important when there are other things more important like paying for good support/customer service.

We're attempting to create professional quote templates and order forms, but it's taken months to figure this out. We also still struggle with trying to get a decent implementation of the quoting experience for our sales team - so for example, how to bundle products, product renewals, packages, etc. are all confusing and the math for the amounts and discounts don't always add up based on behavior of the user in the CPQ system.

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"Clean integration, still needs work"

What do you like best?

Much of the interface is determined by our salesforce admins. After set-up, I appreciate the ease of selecting the products and the easy way it syncs to create a quote in Salesforce. Overall, it allows us to easily delineate between products being sold in the sales department to accurately track sources of revenue.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to know how much of what I dislike about CPQ is a result of our Admin's setup, or something else. At a high level, it's much more clunky than our old process. We have several internal teams that provide quotes that build up into a finalized package that will be sent to clients. Using CPQ has significantly increased the amount of time we spend getting this information together and has slowed down our sales process.

In addition, if CPQ is in use, we can manually edit the value of a project in Salesforce. Because pipeline generation is a metric leadership is looking at we always want it to be accurate. Until the quotes come in we don't get an accurate view of pipeline gen. Even if we know what the individual services will cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tight integration with salesforce is great.

CPQ allows us to clearly delineate between services being sold. In that way, it's awesome. It's also a centralized platform that will automatically add together all the services included, decreasing errors in that piece.

I feel like it needs some work to make the process smooth.

Salesforce CPQ review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"Absolutely a missing cog in your org."

What do you like best?

Salesforce's vanilla quotation and pricing functionality is incredibly bare bones. This is the remedy.

What do you dislike?

It was pitched at 2 weeks and you're up and running. It is actually a much more considered process and we are incredibly lucky to have some talented Apex/VF developers onsite to be working on the implementation

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can get by on the vanilla functionality, you probably will find yourself either working around it or basing business strategies around it. With Steelbrick, you can get amazingly flexible with you pricing strategies and guided selling. I am also a huge fan of its link up with e-signature software and ability to generate documents with flexible terms and conditions.

Absolutely hamstrung pricing and maverick sellers are finally having a mechanism to manage sales appropriately.

Salesforce CPQ review by Amber K.
Amber K.

"Quick but complicated"

What do you like best?

Sales force for me is very quick and seems simple, if you are only looking for something simple like looking up who owns an account its quick and too the point which allows me to get on with tasks easily.

What do you dislike?

I think there is a lot of irrelevant boxes of information. A lot of the time my team just leave them blank but it is time consuming having to scroll through each individual box to get to the sections you need.

3rd party integration and working out the tax's on the billing for reseller's to bill to their customers, it helps saves time as we are busy dealing with the accounts and don't always have time for the billing side.

Salesforce CPQ review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Salesforce CPQ Promising Yet Disappointing"

What do you like best?

Subscription Friendly

Salesforce CPQ uses a concept called multi-dimensional quoting to allow users to quote subscription products for multiple years.

Many Ways to Discount

The tool offers several ways to discount, including volume, partner, and customer-specific discounts.

User-Friendly UI and Process

The quote line editor is very user-friendly and aims to guide users through their choices.

What do you dislike?

Clone

- Cloning does not work for a large quote with more than 500 lins

Performance

- Performance on Clone Product is slow once it pass 900 quote lines. It takes couple seconds for the system to response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Subscription products.

Volume discounts.

Product bundling.

We sell a large number of subscription products, and currently, have no way to quote over multiple years. We struggle to give multi-year discounts and communicate those to our customers.

We bundle many of our products. We currently face challenges when we try to ensure that certain products are sold together.

Our bundled products often have dependencies or constraints based on the products within that bundle. It’s near impossible for us to accurately reflect this in our current quoting process

We sell through partners and/or distributors and give discounts to them. We don’t want to have to build complex workflows and/or process builders to ensure that the right quote lines are discounted. Also, we would like our customers to see the discount they are getting because of this partner in addition to the discretionary discount we are giving them.

Our renewal process is time-consuming, manual, and a bit fragmented from our sales cycle.

Salesforce CPQ review by Kumar B.
Kumar B.

""Salesforce CPQ Turns Complex Pricing Models into Easy-to-Configure Quotes""

What do you like best?

1) Simple to explain and training users to understand the flow of CPQ. Easy to take Products and Pricebook entries and configure them as choice-driven bundles. Simple to audit the work being done in CPQ by the Deal Desk. Easy-to-approve and clear tracking of approval processes. Highly intuitive and customizable document template creation and document generation in multiple languages. Able to customize the Configurator and Pricing Grids in the CPQ Tool to reflect the additional layers of discounting/uplifting requirements of our unique pricing model, and being able to aggregate total amounts in a manner consistent with our business processes.

What do you dislike?

No ability to roll-back a new version update in the production environment if it breaks something or fails. Would like more space for graphics and size of output and more flexibility on the templates for proposals, etc. Some flexibility on certain pricing approaches and discounting in multi-product scenarios Everyone likes more speed but generally quite good

Recommendations to others considering the product

We like that it is 100% native to the Salesforce platform, and it is configurable to meet our business needs. The implementation was also straightforward for our use case. If you have Salesforce create a demo/POC, ask them to take notes on the customization steps and involve you in the process. Knowing how it is done is more valuable than getting a finished product.

We have a good experience with Salesforce CPQ. Salesforce brought their best people to the table to build a POC for our business case, which helped with business acceptance. For implementation. We are moving from an outdated, manual process to an automated quoting process with the electronic signature. The benefits of SFDC CPQ are many, however, what's most valuable is the application extensibility, allowing my team to iterate more quickly and increasing the time to value. With Zuora, 90% of customization required custom development/SOWs. With SFDC CPQ, 90%+ is configuration.

Salesforce CPQ review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"Seamless Integration with SFDC"

What do you like best?

Easy to use UI integrated within existing SFDC platform. Generate quotes from opportunity object and have pricing proposals organized in a neat and orderly fashion. Automated workflow for proposal approval.

What do you dislike?

Pages are slow to load like any other SFDC native application. Order form generation can get a bit tricky with multi-year agreements with annual increases in subscription, ramped subscribers, exceptions to standard contract terms, etc.. Once approved, the steps required to export the document to pdf outside of SFDC is not entirely straight forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've got deep roots in SFDC already, go for it! It's a nice application to layer on the existing platform and see further application integration benefits.

Eliminate order form creation in excel. Automated workflow for approval. History of quotes generated and signed-off on.

Salesforce CPQ review by Alex A.
Alex A.

"Salesforce CPQ"

What do you like best?

It's fluid and works well with a larger inventory of items. I love that I can filter results, monitor autoapproval, and more. Plenty of tools to get the job done.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the workflow -- it's clunky and takes so many steps to add just a few items to a quote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an effective tool so long as the training is hands on and there is some approval/oversight to manage any mistakes before they are submitted to a customer or prospect.

It allows us to integrate our CRM and quoting tools seamlessly in a single platform. Thumbs up for integrations.

Salesforce CPQ review by Stephen M.
Stephen M.

"A game changer that brought our sales team into the future"

What do you like best?

Salesforce CPQ allows our sales team to easily configure opportunities that would have taken hours in the past. It also allows us to implement more stringent, but customizable pricing rules for our suite of products.

What do you dislike?

The product does add a fair amount of disruption to the team - it is a whole new workflow that reps need to learn. However, the workflow interruption ensures that quotes will be generated correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce CPQ is a large scale implementation. It will take time and it needs a clear vision of what you want it to be. This should be how every new software is approached, but making sure you're ready to take on the task is imperative to the success of the product.

We had two main problems that we looked to Salesforce CPQ to fix. The first was that our reps were taking too long to build quotes and, oftentimes, would build them incorrectly. The second was that our pricing rules had grown into a monster that we had lost control of and we needed to reign in the beast.

Salesforce CPQ review by Joseph G.
Joseph G.

"Great idea, Helps me make more money"

What do you like best?

Helps me keep up with my customers especially ones that aren't sure if they want to buy anything that day, increases my commission and makes me more money.

What do you dislike?

Needs a lot of information and sometimes I don't have all the information, simplify what information I need input to save my customer

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work on commission and you're sick of having your customers leave and not following up, this is a great tool to maximize Commission

I'm solving customers walking out and then not being able to contact them to repurchase things they purchase before or customers who aren't buying that day but may want to come back later on when there's a better deal

Salesforce CPQ review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Intuitive and well compiled"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a great backend system for managing contracts, efficiently being able to upload purchase orders, monitor sales trends, pull data for commission reports.

What do you dislike?

While the interface is pretty basic and easy to use, it could perhaps be a little more obvious where certain things are kept, it would be nice to be able to modify information a little more easily as well.

We use it to upload all of our purchase orders and run all of our sales through it. Connected to quickbooks, it compiles all the info we need and spits it out as required to make our accountants life easier.

Salesforce CPQ review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Will transform your business....if you know how to implement"

What do you like best?

Standardizing how we sell has transformed our sales team. We can automate so many tasks that were manually handled before like building opportunities by hand and sending out proposals.

What do you dislike?

The business rule setup is painful! This is partly because of how sophisticated our sales team is and the flexibility we give them but we have consultants on staff to help us make changes, which is not something we're used to with our software vendors. There's some aspects of discounting that can be frustrating depending on how you implement as discounting can happen on the backend and make it difficult to match when users build quotes. Would be nice for the user interface to show you how it's discounting or have some sort of calculator. When adding in additional terms that we approve for sales, you cannot lock down certain parts of the inserted term, which leads to data quality issues that you have to monitor through approvals. That said, you cannot see the terms used by email so the manager must log into SFDC to see this info.

Because we didn't use CPQ before, matching our previous data structure with CPQ was extremely painful and won't be worked out for a couple of years while our migrated contracts roll over. Explaining this to the sales team is really challenging as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you scope out properly! Do not assume you can do this quickly if you're a larger organization and use an external professional services company! I don't know how you would accomplish this otherwise.

Systematic way to build quotes and send proposals to customers. Scale cash process with Oracle.

Salesforce CPQ review by Michelle B.
Michelle B.

"Salesforce CPQ"

What do you like best?

Salesforce CPQ is very easy to use. It allows us to view all of our client data all on one platform. its a great source for tracking our prospects and for the sales process for each prospect. This system really allows us to services our clients and prospects better.

What do you dislike?

I really like this program so I don't think there is much I would change. the program is great but I will suggest that customer service be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that you should probably already have a good sales process in place. Salesforce is a tool that will help you strengthen your process.

Salesforce helps us to better manage all of our clients and prospects in a more efficient way. We are able to follow-up with prospects in a more timely manor.

Salesforce CPQ review by Lindsey S.
Lindsey S.

"Horrible product- would not recommend"

What do you like best?

If it worked well it would be handy to easily construct quotes.... but it doesn't work well....

What do you dislike?

The system is incredibly slow- you're always waiting on the spinning wheel. It's also SUPER finicky- there are a bunch of weird hoops you have to memorize and know how to jump through in order to get the thing to work. It is not intuitive at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run away- don't do it. Everyone on my team hates it.

The reason why we implemented it was to try and speed up the quote creation process, but it's had the opposite effect. Everyone hates it.

Salesforce CPQ review by Derek S.
Derek S.

"Simplistic Sales Pipeline Tracking Tool"

What do you like best?

Interface is easy to navigate through, reports and dashboards are easy to create, and I like the functionality of sharing reports as well with other colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Very slow at times, not the fastest interface to navigate through,.

Reporting can be quite static, not much room for creating dynamic reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great sales pipeline tracking tool, easy to train brokers on managing their pipeline.

Industry-wide used tool for tracking opportunities, and so it's pretty recommendable!

Tracking Sales Pipeline, new opportunities coming in, potential accounts in jeopardy, and to prevent them ahead of time.

Great for tracking actual and expected revenues from opportunities

Salesforce CPQ review by Graham P.
Graham P.

"Comes down crucially to Implementation"

What do you like best?

When things (namely quotes) have become complicated, and you're selling multiple lines of business, lots of options, multiple years, with lots of variance this (CPQ) is a must have. SF CPQ is attractive to Salesforce users because there is that layer of familiarity and notion that it's part of the ecosystem.

What do you dislike?

For a Salesforce's owned product inside salesforce...the CPQ line formerly Steelbrick still isn't up to a level of performance where I feel it's seriously saving (rep's) time. The UI is distinctively Salesforce (lightning not classic) but the speed makes me question whether it's yet native to Salesforce. This is far from building a personal shopping cart on Amazon, adding and subtracting items with agility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As my title mentioned....everything comes down to a thoughtful implementation and roll out strategy...it's almost impossible to be able to think of every SKU, every variable, every "grab bag" clause - but these considerations become far tricker once you're live.

Consistency across quotes, pricing integrity, speed of producing quote docs, order forms.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very capable tool with clunky UI"

What do you like best?

SteelBrick did an excellent job of accommodating the custom pricing arrangements I use in channel & OEM deals, and lets me deliver the highly customized quotes I need to show my customers I'm addressing their specific needs.

What do you dislike?

The tools user interface, much like the rest of salesforce, is archaic. It looks like it was designed on, and for, windows 98.

When required fields are missing or incomplete, it does a poor job of highlighting my errors so I can correct them.

Getting desired results while rendering a quote is a frustrating exercise in trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend a significant amount of time modifying workflows & rendering attributes, but the value of streamlined & accurate forecasting is significant.

Salesforce CPQ let us implement a standardized approval process for quotes & discounts, and also streamlined our sales forecasting by tying opportunity value information to what was most recently quoted.

Salesforce CPQ review by Edynn S.
Edynn S.

"Salesforce is great! "

What do you like best?

I love all of the plug ins that are available to work with the CRM. They have thought of everything our phone systems integrate seamlessly into the system to allow for recorded calls, call listening, and barging in on reps. They have built out the forcasting tools to make end of month a much smoother one.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little temperamental at times with campaigns. Sometime when you enter in marketing campaigns to leads they disappear off of the contact but, this may be the way that we were setting up campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create more plug ins and add ons so companies dont have to use anything else but this software and the CRM to run their business.

This makes pricing and sending off quotes to corporations easy.

Salesforce CPQ review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"CPQ as simplpe or complex as you need it to be"

What do you like best?

Full native to Salesforce means a familiar interface and full data integration with Products and relataed standard SF Objects. Almost limitless complex operations can be built, if you know how and build them carefully. Configurator tool is intuitive. A lot of components built during implementation are clonable or reusable. If you know the Salesforce architecture you will understand the moving parts easily and build your CPQ solution quickly. Scales well. Contracting and Renewals is something that is very powerful and becoming more relavant for SaaS/subscription based companies, and it handles this quite well.

What do you dislike?

Large complex quotes can lag slightly during calculation. Sometimes feels like the setup of products is repetitive and laborious. Quote output document generation engine is clunky and needs a rebuild, or consider using a 3rd party tool (e.g. Conga) to do this piece of work. The immense capabilities can lead to what feels like over-complexity. Billing is still not fully baked and Contracting model (amendments etc) sometimes feel cumbersome, but do work and generate good data/value and controlled processes. Also, support content and channels are extremely limited and often outdated, especially since the product is evolving so quickly. The forum is the only real resource, and you are expected to be an advanced admin or dev to implement it, it's not something an amateur can pick up and deploy, expecting mountains of quality trails, learning materials and so on. I recommend every admin considering SF CPQ do at least the entry-level CPQ training course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully consider your entire product catalog, pricing/discounting, and contracting model to align and simplify it before adopting CPQ. Make sure it is streamlined rather than trying to make it do too much (it can, but will become a mountain of work, admin, and complexity). The tool is good, but also remember it "works if you work it" so make sure you get exec and user buy in to a potentially whole new way of selling.

Complex discounting and pricing models. Product configuration on-the-fly. Contract generation and renewal management. Partner pricing and sales models.

Salesforce CPQ review by Gursahib S.
Gursahib S.

"Professional platform for sales and customer records"

What do you like best?

I have used Salesforce for a year while working for one of the distributors of Ublox. The software is completely professional, secure and pretty easy to use. I was FAE in the company and had t log in daily in the software. It helpedme a lot to keep track of my activities and record of customers and the products used by them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software takes quite a long time to load online. Too many options for design update. I faced a few problems to generate reports using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend salesforce as it is one of the most professional CRM software's available. The ease of use and security also makes it one the best.

Customer records, customer and sales registration, design in and design win records

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Salesforce CPQ review"

What do you like best?

How automated the whole process is! The entire process is designed seamless to serve my organization's need (and I believe if not all, most of the organizations' needs), and with proper training, the interface is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

A lot of customization could go into the CPQ, and without proper development and testing, things might go wrong when not enough thoughts is put into the design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe most companies' services could be handled by Salesforce CPQ, but it would take a lot of evaluation, and require a lot of thoughts and consideration to be put into the design, development and testing process to actually make the best use out of Salesforce CPQ.

Our contracts and subscriptions services to our clients.

The benefits are countless, with the biggest one being that it helps our employee save so much time by manually creating and auditing quotes, contracts and subscriptions.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Salesforce makes it easy to track sales activities"

What do you like best?

I have been using sales force for 4 years now and it keeps getting better. There are large amounts of reports I can generate. Our sales team can access the data from laptop or from smartphones on the road. The app keeps getting better. Overall it is a great tool.

What do you dislike?

It was slow going for some of our team member who were not used to logical quarries. For most of the team this was not an issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience it is great to customize salesforce based on feedback from your user base. Original we had issues with some of our workforce complaining about access to data but when we started to customize we have found out the user experience went up.

It is easy to track customers, generate quotations and followup.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Information Technology and Services

"High hopes"

What do you like best?

Enjoy that we're going to be able to spit out quotes without manually typing up contracts, using information that we fill into our opportunities in Salesforce. Since all pricing is included it will negate the need for separate approvals from managers. Having the standardized contracts will help our customers to enjoy the same look and feel to all the contracts, rather than seeing different styles per rep.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve in the beginning. Part of the reason we like it but something to get used to is the limited editing capabilities. The program is very process oriented. You need to do everything in order during the test environment to ensure it's working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you get a lot of practice.

Cutting down the time it takes to make contracts. Ensuring everything looks and feels the same across all reps. Ensuring all parts of contracts were included. Will save a lot of time once we get the hang of it.

Salesforce CPQ review by Diego A.
Diego A.

"CPQ herramienta muy potente de pricing"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta es que se puede adaptar a las necesidades de la compañía: incluir descuentos, aprobaciones, etc. Casi todo lo que se te ocurra!

What do you dislike?

Es un módulo recientemente que antes era Steelbreak, como todavía lo están integrando, todavía no tiene todas las funcionalidades de bloqueo de campos, diseño, etc tan flexibles como en Sales CRM

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a consultancy firm to do the implementation smooth.

Toda la labor de aprobaciones a la hora de realizar contratos y altas de clientes en nuestra compañía. Ahora todo es mucho más automático y se produce de forma controlada.

Salesforce CPQ review by Navin P.
Navin P.

"Pricing made easy"

What do you like best?

The ability to structure how a sale is configured and priced so that the exceptions are not the norm is key. Fills a huge whole in the SFDC aresenal and significantly improves the user experience.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily an indictment of the product, but the process to get a CPQ system up and running. You'd be amazed at the number of things that fall into the purview.

Specific to the product, it had a few bugs at our launch, one of which is still a nuisance and we are awaiting resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan Plan Plan - I can't say this enough.

KISS - This is the model that all process should adhere to when asking users to use a system. This solution does that for us. Making it easier for reps to price, discount, quote and generate contracts is the ultimate gain, with overall cycle time being decreased as the end goal.

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"Great way to stay orgainzed"

What do you like best?

The filters are very easy to use when looking for old opportunities. I also enjoy being able to run a report of my opportunities, in a very simple manner. This is not only beneficial for staying up to date on the sales cycles of my opps, but also to help with career advancement.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would have some direct marketing platform. You can use salesloft or hubspot, but they info never seems to sync over perfectly.

Making sure that everyone involved with the sales cycle-from sdrs to sales directors-easily have access to reports. I like that I can notify my colleagues about opps by using the @ sign, instead of constantly having to email or slack them.

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful, configurable native Salesforce quoting tool"

What do you like best?

Bundles allow for configurable product options added to quotes. Native contracting functionality to auto-create assets, contacts and subscriptions. Supports many types of pricing and discounting methods including distributor, volume discounting, block pricing. Good knowledge base. The same web based interface is available with the Salesforce1 application allowing for an easy transition to mobile quoting.

What do you dislike?

Deployments between sandboxes is time consuming due to record-based and relational-based logic. Upgrades are time consuming due to needing to regression test end-to end. Version upgrades have broken existing configured functionality, leading to errors. Our own custom pricing we developed has become difficult to maintain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you select a strong implementation partner who fully understands your business requirements but can also push back to help you design and configure in the most out of the box way. Heavy customization becomes a maintenance problem in the future when you try to revise existing logic.

Consolidation of separate product SKUs due to discounting. Products added to quotes are both market and technically feasible. Supports distributor discounts. The ability to support out custom pricing methodology was needed as well. We have found that quotes are now generated that are more standardized and clear, ready to be deployed to the customer.

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Computer Software

"It works but there are some limitation"

What do you like best?

Slick lightning interface, and able to actually use a quote configurator

What do you dislike?

Rules based setup can get really complicated if you have a huge product list. We have broken CPQ multiple times by having too many products and options permuting to make it unwieldy.

The rules are actually reecords, and can be a pain to move from UAT to PRDN without 3rd party tools.

The rules are exceptionally touchy, and one wrong setting can blow up lots of product lines.

Closed managed package, and bugs are killers.. since it's locked down, there is no way to step through and analyze why products don't get configured correctly, or why bugs are happening.

Can't disable triggers on the fly, can't create exclusions for their triggers.. only way is to hit the master switch and turn off ALL triggers for CPQ.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For very large or enterprise deploys, there will be a considerable amount of work to get it to work correctly. Small to medium's shouldn't have any particular issues.

Moved product lines that required very detailed customization, from custom purpose built configurator, into Salesforce.. and now able to allow product/pricing teams to perform routine updates rather than have to ask for IT to update the software

Salesforce CPQ review by Gretchen B.
Gretchen B.

"Salesforce is awesome - CPQ, less so"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a great tool for managing your sales, and I love it for that. And the CPQ makes it easier to select products, create quotes and get them in front of your customers.

What do you dislike?

For complicated deals, the Salesforce CPQ makes it harder to deliver quotes. And with multiple discount approvals, it's tough to move fast when the client is ready to go.

I'm able to track my information in a thorough way, which I really like. I'm also able to deliver discounts and explain them easier, because it does the math for me. It also summons up the right products for the right client, which is also pretty nice.

Salesforce CPQ review by Jess B.
Jess B.

"Review of Salesforce CPQ "

What do you like best?

I love how fast I can create quotes for my clients. I can get everything done quickly without worrying about errors or glitches. I love how straightforward the options can be and how easy everything is to figure out.

What do you dislike?

There's not anything that comes to mind that I dislike! I've used many different programs in the past and all have fallen short compared to Salesforce CPQ!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! So worth it!

I get all of my quotes generated so much quicker with Salesforce CPQ. I make the options very straightforward for the customer so everything runs smoothly. I also love how my whole company can be involved with this. Everyone has an input and that makes the whole team run faster.

Salesforce CPQ review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Great Product, Needs some clean up"

What do you like best?

The product is infinitely configurable and can do pretty much anything. Preforms reliably and here have been a number of improvements over the last year. Makes it very easy to set up a quote and the UI and load is super fast now.

What do you dislike?

Functionality isn't well documented. Training was way out of date and incomplete. Install package leaves many useful fields and no brainers off of page layouts. Field Descriptions are lacking and God help you if you don't pay for extra training. There are no videos for how to and documentation is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the Advanced training Instructor led ASAP.

Some acquired business groups were the wild west, with no control over pricing or contract language and no usable details about customers. Too much reliance on tribal knowledge made the business unscalable. Now we've managed to get them to document their pricing methodology and configuring a quote takes minutes, not hours.

Salesforce CPQ review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Informative and detailed software with multiple features"

What do you like best?

I like the wealth of information that can be included for each account page and I like how additional information can be created for contacts/people in addition to the information that is associated with account. I like the appearance of the software as it’s relatively organized.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how the software allows duplicate accounts to exist and these accounts can only be merged by a system administrator. I don’t really like the way tasks are set up as the user is only able to set up a specific date instead of a specific time to complete a task.

Sales force enables us to effectively communicate with business owners to help them with their exit and growth strategies for their business.

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator

"Salesforce review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to complete customer agreements on SFDC rather than paper contracts. Additionally, it is beneficial to be able to perform tasks for other sales reps and have them refresh their screens and it reflects the changes that were made. Ease of use and convenience. Sales force is user friendly as it doesn't allow you to move forward if you haven't completed necessary tasks.

What do you dislike?

Currently what I dislike may not be a SFDC problem but more of a company implementation issue. I would like to be able to have SFDC have check box screen for when we add products rather than having to add each product or service individually.

No more paper contracts. This results in a faster process when with a customer. Additionally accounts are being created and jobs scheduled faster. This has saved us on man hours and production time. SFDC has also allowed us to make information readily available to all involved in the sale, contract processing, scheduling and installation process.

Salesforce CPQ review by Nikki C.
Nikki C.

"Insurance Sales"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly. Sales force took over a software my company, State Farm, was using for tracking, working prospects and leads. The clean cut look made it easier to learn as well. I WANTED to learn more.

What do you dislike?

It still isn’t foolproof. Agents and team members don’t really have a “one size fits all” training book on more of the possibilities of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On a corporate level, should your company choose to use it, they will not be steered wrong. Salesforce is of the future

We are able to work and retain leads better prospects. They are worked in a more efficient matter including sales notes and future working.

Salesforce CPQ review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

No real complaintsI enjoy salesforce compared to other CRMs in the best. The most effiecent on the candidate/client side. I enjoy salesforce compared to other CRMs in the best. The most effiencent on the candidate/client side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yesI enjoy salesforce compared to other CRMs in the best. The most effiecent on the candidate/client side. I enjoy salesforce compared to other CRMs in the best. The most effiencent on the candidate/client side.

I think the benefits is how user frienly it is.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"reliable and fast service"

What do you like best?

This was the best software to use it was very easy and up to date and helped me get quotes out to customers fast. Since everything is set up for you it was easy to navigate and enter all the information i needed to give to the customers.

What do you dislike?

Not much this program worked well for me at first it took a little getting used to and finding the right areas to put everything like changing settings to fit my needs but once i figured it out it made everything a breeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will make your time cut in half

I definitely solved my problem of having so many quotes at once and having to take to much time to get them out to customers. I was going off a template then and it was very basic. The speed and quality that i am sending to customers now has exceeded my expectations.

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"Great if you have the right internal resources"

What do you like best?

The customizability and flexibility is great. We sell a lot of different product lines and the platform allows you to really get creative when creating quotes and packages.

What do you dislike?

I feel like there are often times where I have to run downstairs and talk to a CPQ expert. It isn't as intuitive as it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have product specialists that will help your sales team navigate. It can get really difficult.

All of my quotes are stored in their own opportunities. I no longer have to have multiple quotes and multiple pdf's all over my desktop that I have to edit and customize. It allows me to go to the salesforce opp and keep everything there.

Salesforce CPQ review by Taylor B.
Taylor B.

"Salesforce Review"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. All of my contacts are in one place which makes it easy to find anything that I need

What do you dislike?

How often I have to change my password. I am horrible at remembering them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend! So easy to use and to navigate. I have no complaints

I no longer have to hold on to a ton of business cards or other things. I'm able to find it all in one location.

Salesforce CPQ review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Good toofor managing a sales territory"

What do you like best?

This is a good tool and app on my phone that lets me keep up with daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals and progress.

What do you dislike?

With residual sales, I feel it gets redundant. I go in and visit accounts and it's kind of the same thing each week, especially in the slow season when they do not buy as much..... I do wish they could tie in real time sales data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your contacts and data are current so when it uploads it is accurate. It is only as good as the info you put in to it.

It does let you see where you have been and who you haven't seen in a while in terms of your customer base. Keep and track notes on progress and also contacts and decision makers.

Learn more about Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ Videos

Learning about Salesforce CPQ?

* We monitor all Salesforce CPQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.