Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ automates quoting, contracting, and ordering processes. Improve sales productivity and close more deals without ever leaving the Salesforce Cloud. Fully native on Salesforce1, Salesforce CPQ delivers next generation CPQ which is 5-10x easier to implement than legacy CPQ applications.

Work for Salesforce CPQ?

Learning about Salesforce CPQ?

Salesforce CPQ Reviews

Ask Salesforce CPQ a Question
Showing 550 Salesforce CPQ reviews
Salesforce CPQ review by Shannon K.
Shannon K.

"Great for Numbers People"

What do you like best?

I'm a novice and probably don't use everything to its full potential, but everything about SalesForce is helpful in that it makes a visual of all of those Excel sorts you're used to doing. Be it a table of data, or an actual visual chart. It collects the leads, helps you remember where in the communication/sales process you are with them, allows the team to help jump in and take part in the process, save files, then (what I do) run overall reports on what's going on to figure out trends and statistics.

What do you dislike?

It is so specific, so you have to double check everything. A quality problem. Slightly outside/unrelated, when you convert a lead into an opportunity, there's some data that you lose which gets frustrating when you're reentering everything back in.

It speeds up the overall process of selling. Not one thing in particular.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce CPQ
Salesforce CPQ review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"Great, robust product for Enterprise & above. "

What do you like best?

The platform has come a long way and allows me as an admin to be creative with how I build functionality to create quotes for our customers. I can have various pricing types for different products, and at the same time control pricing with rules and validations to "dummy proof" it for my users, creating a consistent experience for my customers.

What do you dislike?

Documentation and training needs to be more cohesive. The knowledge library has articles from old features, some still have Steelbrick name/branding/terms. Some articles lack necessary detail, and are not consistent with in person training and vice versa. The customer experience for guided learning is lacking and needs an expert in Google-fu just to find the knowledge article.

Needing to add multiple permission sets for admins is somewhat annoying, but can deal with it.

HTML WYSIWYG editor needs serious work

Document generator needs serious work as well, can be very slow and clash with certain browsers on a whim (Chrome doesnt get along with it all the time)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before making the jump , ensure without a doubt you understand your product and pricing structure inside and out. Not only pricing, but can answer the "if this then that" questions for all products and combinations. I would also decide if your products can be quoted with simple out of the box quotes & products with standard functionality or not. CPQ is a very heavy and robust tool that allows you to cover the majority of product and pricing scenarios, but requires a lot of work in planning, design and execution. If you do not know your products, processes, and pricing in your sleep, you will make more work for your development team down the road and can be costly.

Complex quoting for custom manufactured products. We currently cannot report on quoted product configurations due to the thousands of configurations we have, but Salesforce CPQ will allow us to not only allow users to further customize their product quotes, but give us the ability to report on specific products, options and configurations.

What CPQ solution do you use?

Salesforce CPQ review by Josiah P.
Josiah P.

"Best streamlined software out there for providing quotes."

What do you like best?

CPQ software's have dramatically increased my personal business revenue. I spent hours on excel building personal quotes and have saved countless hours since switching to a proper CPQ like sales force. Sales force is the cleanest software in my opinion which is why I have stuck with it.

What do you dislike?

My initial fear was it's price but after using a separate IBM CPQ software that was way worse and more expensive I found this to be about average in price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch if you are still creating personal quotes using basic software(excel, word, google docs)

I have found a much faster sales cycle and created high value deals with customers because of Sales force. CPQs like this have boosted my deals effectiveness by giving my sales team the power to create the best quote possible and has ensured that that my team only sells with the most recent pricing list.

Salesforce CPQ review by Felix M.
Felix M.

"Salesforce CPQ is the Industry Standard CPQ Application Across Industries"

What do you like best?

- Short learning curve

- Minimal Coding knowledge needed to administer the application

- Robust functionality in Product Configuration, Pricing, and Quote Document Generation

- 100% Force.com

- Elegant Data Model

- The core product continues to improve each year in terms of number of features

What do you dislike?

- Cost

- New releases can be buggy

- Customer Community Documentation can be significantly improved

Salesforce CPQ provides the perfect framework for making the Sales Process elegant for Unity Technologies. It provides all the capabilities the company needs to integrate with our proprietary invoice tool, and it is able to consistently meet business requirements.

The primary benefit has been improved efficiency in creating Quote Documents. Account Executives are able to be more productive because they don't have to draft Quotes themselves.

Salesforce CPQ has allowed Unity to create a two-way integration between internal use of Salesforce CRM and our Finance tools.

Salesforce CPQ review by Jack P.
Jack P.

"Great tool to Automate the Quoting Process"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration with Salesforce and ability to leverage products and connect with opportunities makes CPQ a no-brainer.

What do you dislike?

CPQ is pushing out new versions very quickly and there are a lot of fixes that have to take place on the new versions. We were nearly 11 months behind in the version we were using, because we waited until the newer version was stable that we would not have issues with our configuration. We were on version 25 and targeted upgrading to version 27. It took about 6 months of patches to 27 so that it was at a point of stability, that we could upgrade. By the time we upgraded to 27, 28 had been released.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steelbrick, now CPQ, is still a pretty new acquisition for Salesforce. As such, Steelbrick does not function, from a customer service stand point, to the high level that core Salesforce does. It will take some time for them to get there, but if you are currently a salesforce customer and adding CPQ, do not expect them to work as well as core Salesforce's customer service.

The consistency of quotes created and the oversight of the quoting process were issues that we had in the past. The method of how products are selected and a quote is populated based on the salesforce product database insures that we are quoting the product at the correct press, supplying the correct product specifications and current pricing, every time.

Salesforce CPQ review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Very solid native CPQ solution"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of flexibility available in the Salesforce CPQ tool. Everything from simple products to bundled multi-tier pricing products can be handled. The fact that it is 100% native also means that we can extend functionality by writing custom business logic using Apex/VF when necessary.

What do you dislike?

The CPQ screens can be slow to load. They have made improvements to performance over time, but the user experience is still slow compared to other screens within the SFDC system. I'd be hesitant to make a purchase if I had thousands of products with complex pricing structures. I'm not saying it won't work in those environments, but I'd certainly recommend that you put the CPQ through intense testing during your evaluation.

Also, moving data from one environment to another is insanely painful (vLookup after vLookup). This slows the deployment process and makes the tool much less agile than what I'd prefer. I know there are solutions like Moovr out there to address this issue, but those come at an additional cost which can be hard to justify since the benefit is primarily only recognized by the SFDC admin.

We needed a solution that would scale with our business as we grow and expand our product portfolio. We also needed something that would support a complex multi-tiered pricing structure with layered discount authority and approvals. CPQ has provided great value in this area.

Salesforce CPQ review by Richard W.
Richard W.

"Great CPQ too for the modern market"

What do you like best?

I love being able to quickly and easily built complex product bundles. Features and Product Options are very intuitive and easy to use with very minimal technical skills required. I'm often able to control access to products using nested bundles rather than having to build complex Product or Price Rules.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better/easier method for creating guided selling questions to be used in quoting. My organization locks down general setup access to be lockstep with a release cycle which makes the already complicated process of creating new custom fields even more complicated. It often takes weeks or months of planning just to add a simple "guided selling" question with selection base Product Rules..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone following the industry knows that Salesforce is one of the leading CRM and CPQ providers, Salesforce has great support and a lot of very talented individuals working for them. My only disappointment was that I expected more in terms of "intelligent quoting", being able to ask guided selling questions easily, being able to build rules based off of our install base. Basic configurations work like a charm!

One location to access all of our commercial tools and data. Navigation is quick and easy, the UI is clean and modern. So many opportunities to customize, improve, and grow. We're beginning to see the benefits of having all of our products in CPQ and have a better, more consistent vision of our entire portfolio and what our install base looks like.

Salesforce CPQ review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"Using CPQ for our Quotes and still adding features for our staff"

What do you like best?

Very flexible product. We are able to use out of the box features but also include our own customizations as we normally do with any Salesforce features. We can extend CPQ to work the way we need.

What do you dislike?

Finding information about how CPQ works out of the box is not easy. If I have an issue with Salesforce, a quick Google search will find articles where others have dealt with the issue. But with CPQ, the community is much smaller so finding those answers takes a good deal more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a steep learning curve for implementing CPQ so we worked with a Steelbrick partner that helped us through some of the initial setup and questions about which direction we should be going with certain features but it was pretty expensive. Once we've been using it for a while, we're able to do more but initially we found the product is not very intuitive to use.

We needed to reduce the amount of time our sales reps spend creating quotes for our customers. We've been able to increase their productivity and ensure the quotes and contracts generated are consistent and branded properly

Salesforce CPQ review by Alexandra G.
Alexandra G.

"Pricey, support is lacking, and not intuitive at all"

What do you like best?

I like that it's directly integrated with Salesforce, so that as I get to know my way around new Salesforce capabilities, applications, and configurations, CPQ usually follows along and can work well as a now native Salesforce service.

What do you dislike?

My sales team has avoided using CPQ because it's not intuitive and difficult to edit the way they want because of the lack of configurations we've set up. When I want to add configurations or change aspects about our CPQ and quoting process, this effort is extremely tedious and nonsensical at times. I have more complaints about their support team than any other service/product we use because they're not responsive, and when they are responsive, they direct you to the community page where it's full of support folks or others that are just as non-responsive. Their "WYSIWYG" editor for editing quote templates and content is actually not that AT ALL and doesn't make sense when using HTML.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly think that if you have the budget, go with something else. Something where high end support is INCLUDED in your package so that you're not scrambling to get professional, comprehendible quotes out to customers in order to keep your business running smoothly and hitting sales goals. They did give us a nice discount in the beginning, but that's not always important when there are other things more important like paying for good support/customer service.

We're attempting to create professional quote templates and order forms, but it's taken months to figure this out. We also still struggle with trying to get a decent implementation of the quoting experience for our sales team - so for example, how to bundle products, product renewals, packages, etc. are all confusing and the math for the amounts and discounts don't always add up based on behavior of the user in the CPQ system.

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"Clean integration, still needs work"

What do you like best?

Much of the interface is determined by our salesforce admins. After set-up, I appreciate the ease of selecting the products and the easy way it syncs to create a quote in Salesforce. Overall, it allows us to easily delineate between products being sold in the sales department to accurately track sources of revenue.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to know how much of what I dislike about CPQ is a result of our Admin's setup, or something else. At a high level, it's much more clunky than our old process. We have several internal teams that provide quotes that build up into a finalized package that will be sent to clients. Using CPQ has significantly increased the amount of time we spend getting this information together and has slowed down our sales process.

In addition, if CPQ is in use, we can manually edit the value of a project in Salesforce. Because pipeline generation is a metric leadership is looking at we always want it to be accurate. Until the quotes come in we don't get an accurate view of pipeline gen. Even if we know what the individual services will cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tight integration with salesforce is great.

CPQ allows us to clearly delineate between services being sold. In that way, it's awesome. It's also a centralized platform that will automatically add together all the services included, decreasing errors in that piece.

I feel like it needs some work to make the process smooth.

Salesforce CPQ review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"Absolutely a missing cog in your org."

What do you like best?

Salesforce's vanilla quotation and pricing functionality is incredibly bare bones. This is the remedy.

What do you dislike?

It was pitched at 2 weeks and you're up and running. It is actually a much more considered process and we are incredibly lucky to have some talented Apex/VF developers onsite to be working on the implementation

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can get by on the vanilla functionality, you probably will find yourself either working around it or basing business strategies around it. With Steelbrick, you can get amazingly flexible with you pricing strategies and guided selling. I am also a huge fan of its link up with e-signature software and ability to generate documents with flexible terms and conditions.

Absolutely hamstrung pricing and maverick sellers are finally having a mechanism to manage sales appropriately.

Salesforce CPQ review by Amber K.
Amber K.

"Quick but complicated"

What do you like best?

Sales force for me is very quick and seems simple, if you are only looking for something simple like looking up who owns an account its quick and too the point which allows me to get on with tasks easily.

What do you dislike?

I think there is a lot of irrelevant boxes of information. A lot of the time my team just leave them blank but it is time consuming having to scroll through each individual box to get to the sections you need.

3rd party integration and working out the tax's on the billing for reseller's to bill to their customers, it helps saves time as we are busy dealing with the accounts and don't always have time for the billing side.

Salesforce CPQ review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Salesforce CPQ Promising Yet Disappointing"

What do you like best?

Subscription Friendly

Salesforce CPQ uses a concept called multi-dimensional quoting to allow users to quote subscription products for multiple years.

Many Ways to Discount

The tool offers several ways to discount, including volume, partner, and customer-specific discounts.

User-Friendly UI and Process

The quote line editor is very user-friendly and aims to guide users through their choices.

What do you dislike?

Clone

- Cloning does not work for a large quote with more than 500 lins

Performance

- Performance on Clone Product is slow once it pass 900 quote lines. It takes couple seconds for the system to response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Subscription products.

Volume discounts.

Product bundling.

We sell a large number of subscription products, and currently, have no way to quote over multiple years. We struggle to give multi-year discounts and communicate those to our customers.

We bundle many of our products. We currently face challenges when we try to ensure that certain products are sold together.

Our bundled products often have dependencies or constraints based on the products within that bundle. It’s near impossible for us to accurately reflect this in our current quoting process

We sell through partners and/or distributors and give discounts to them. We don’t want to have to build complex workflows and/or process builders to ensure that the right quote lines are discounted. Also, we would like our customers to see the discount they are getting because of this partner in addition to the discretionary discount we are giving them.

Our renewal process is time-consuming, manual, and a bit fragmented from our sales cycle.

Salesforce CPQ review by Kumar B.
Kumar B.

""Salesforce CPQ Turns Complex Pricing Models into Easy-to-Configure Quotes""

What do you like best?

1) Simple to explain and training users to understand the flow of CPQ. Easy to take Products and Pricebook entries and configure them as choice-driven bundles. Simple to audit the work being done in CPQ by the Deal Desk. Easy-to-approve and clear tracking of approval processes. Highly intuitive and customizable document template creation and document generation in multiple languages. Able to customize the Configurator and Pricing Grids in the CPQ Tool to reflect the additional layers of discounting/uplifting requirements of our unique pricing model, and being able to aggregate total amounts in a manner consistent with our business processes.

What do you dislike?

No ability to roll-back a new version update in the production environment if it breaks something or fails. Would like more space for graphics and size of output and more flexibility on the templates for proposals, etc. Some flexibility on certain pricing approaches and discounting in multi-product scenarios Everyone likes more speed but generally quite good

Recommendations to others considering the product

We like that it is 100% native to the Salesforce platform, and it is configurable to meet our business needs. The implementation was also straightforward for our use case. If you have Salesforce create a demo/POC, ask them to take notes on the customization steps and involve you in the process. Knowing how it is done is more valuable than getting a finished product.

We have a good experience with Salesforce CPQ. Salesforce brought their best people to the table to build a POC for our business case, which helped with business acceptance. For implementation. We are moving from an outdated, manual process to an automated quoting process with the electronic signature. The benefits of SFDC CPQ are many, however, what's most valuable is the application extensibility, allowing my team to iterate more quickly and increasing the time to value. With Zuora, 90% of customization required custom development/SOWs. With SFDC CPQ, 90%+ is configuration.

Salesforce CPQ review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"Seamless Integration with SFDC"

What do you like best?

Easy to use UI integrated within existing SFDC platform. Generate quotes from opportunity object and have pricing proposals organized in a neat and orderly fashion. Automated workflow for proposal approval.

What do you dislike?

Pages are slow to load like any other SFDC native application. Order form generation can get a bit tricky with multi-year agreements with annual increases in subscription, ramped subscribers, exceptions to standard contract terms, etc.. Once approved, the steps required to export the document to pdf outside of SFDC is not entirely straight forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've got deep roots in SFDC already, go for it! It's a nice application to layer on the existing platform and see further application integration benefits.

Eliminate order form creation in excel. Automated workflow for approval. History of quotes generated and signed-off on.

Salesforce CPQ review by Stephen M.
Stephen M.

"A game changer that brought our sales team into the future"

What do you like best?

Salesforce CPQ allows our sales team to easily configure opportunities that would have taken hours in the past. It also allows us to implement more stringent, but customizable pricing rules for our suite of products.

What do you dislike?

The product does add a fair amount of disruption to the team - it is a whole new workflow that reps need to learn. However, the workflow interruption ensures that quotes will be generated correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce CPQ is a large scale implementation. It will take time and it needs a clear vision of what you want it to be. This should be how every new software is approached, but making sure you're ready to take on the task is imperative to the success of the product.

We had two main problems that we looked to Salesforce CPQ to fix. The first was that our reps were taking too long to build quotes and, oftentimes, would build them incorrectly. The second was that our pricing rules had grown into a monster that we had lost control of and we needed to reign in the beast.

Salesforce CPQ review by Joseph G.
Joseph G.

"Great idea, Helps me make more money"

What do you like best?

Helps me keep up with my customers especially ones that aren't sure if they want to buy anything that day, increases my commission and makes me more money.

What do you dislike?

Needs a lot of information and sometimes I don't have all the information, simplify what information I need input to save my customer

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work on commission and you're sick of having your customers leave and not following up, this is a great tool to maximize Commission

I'm solving customers walking out and then not being able to contact them to repurchase things they purchase before or customers who aren't buying that day but may want to come back later on when there's a better deal

Salesforce CPQ review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Intuitive and well compiled"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a great backend system for managing contracts, efficiently being able to upload purchase orders, monitor sales trends, pull data for commission reports.

What do you dislike?

While the interface is pretty basic and easy to use, it could perhaps be a little more obvious where certain things are kept, it would be nice to be able to modify information a little more easily as well.

We use it to upload all of our purchase orders and run all of our sales through it. Connected to quickbooks, it compiles all the info we need and spits it out as required to make our accountants life easier.

Salesforce CPQ review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Will transform your business....if you know how to implement"

What do you like best?

Standardizing how we sell has transformed our sales team. We can automate so many tasks that were manually handled before like building opportunities by hand and sending out proposals.

What do you dislike?

The business rule setup is painful! This is partly because of how sophisticated our sales team is and the flexibility we give them but we have consultants on staff to help us make changes, which is not something we're used to with our software vendors. There's some aspects of discounting that can be frustrating depending on how you implement as discounting can happen on the backend and make it difficult to match when users build quotes. Would be nice for the user interface to show you how it's discounting or have some sort of calculator. When adding in additional terms that we approve for sales, you cannot lock down certain parts of the inserted term, which leads to data quality issues that you have to monitor through approvals. That said, you cannot see the terms used by email so the manager must log into SFDC to see this info.

Because we didn't use CPQ before, matching our previous data structure with CPQ was extremely painful and won't be worked out for a couple of years while our migrated contracts roll over. Explaining this to the sales team is really challenging as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you scope out properly! Do not assume you can do this quickly if you're a larger organization and use an external professional services company! I don't know how you would accomplish this otherwise.

Systematic way to build quotes and send proposals to customers. Scale cash process with Oracle.

Salesforce CPQ review by Lindsey S.
Lindsey S.

"Horrible product- would not recommend"

What do you like best?

If it worked well it would be handy to easily construct quotes.... but it doesn't work well....

What do you dislike?

The system is incredibly slow- you're always waiting on the spinning wheel. It's also SUPER finicky- there are a bunch of weird hoops you have to memorize and know how to jump through in order to get the thing to work. It is not intuitive at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run away- don't do it. Everyone on my team hates it.

The reason why we implemented it was to try and speed up the quote creation process, but it's had the opposite effect. Everyone hates it.

Salesforce CPQ review by Derek S.
Derek S.

"Simplistic Sales Pipeline Tracking Tool"

What do you like best?

Interface is easy to navigate through, reports and dashboards are easy to create, and I like the functionality of sharing reports as well with other colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Very slow at times, not the fastest interface to navigate through,.

Reporting can be quite static, not much room for creating dynamic reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great sales pipeline tracking tool, easy to train brokers on managing their pipeline.

Industry-wide used tool for tracking opportunities, and so it's pretty recommendable!

Tracking Sales Pipeline, new opportunities coming in, potential accounts in jeopardy, and to prevent them ahead of time.

Great for tracking actual and expected revenues from opportunities

Salesforce CPQ review by Graham P.
Graham P.

"Comes down crucially to Implementation"

What do you like best?

When things (namely quotes) have become complicated, and you're selling multiple lines of business, lots of options, multiple years, with lots of variance this (CPQ) is a must have. SF CPQ is attractive to Salesforce users because there is that layer of familiarity and notion that it's part of the ecosystem.

What do you dislike?

For a Salesforce's owned product inside salesforce...the CPQ line formerly Steelbrick still isn't up to a level of performance where I feel it's seriously saving (rep's) time. The UI is distinctively Salesforce (lightning not classic) but the speed makes me question whether it's yet native to Salesforce. This is far from building a personal shopping cart on Amazon, adding and subtracting items with agility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As my title mentioned....everything comes down to a thoughtful implementation and roll out strategy...it's almost impossible to be able to think of every SKU, every variable, every "grab bag" clause - but these considerations become far tricker once you're live.

Consistency across quotes, pricing integrity, speed of producing quote docs, order forms.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very capable tool with clunky UI"

What do you like best?

SteelBrick did an excellent job of accommodating the custom pricing arrangements I use in channel & OEM deals, and lets me deliver the highly customized quotes I need to show my customers I'm addressing their specific needs.

What do you dislike?

The tools user interface, much like the rest of salesforce, is archaic. It looks like it was designed on, and for, windows 98.

When required fields are missing or incomplete, it does a poor job of highlighting my errors so I can correct them.

Getting desired results while rendering a quote is a frustrating exercise in trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend a significant amount of time modifying workflows & rendering attributes, but the value of streamlined & accurate forecasting is significant.

Salesforce CPQ let us implement a standardized approval process for quotes & discounts, and also streamlined our sales forecasting by tying opportunity value information to what was most recently quoted.

Salesforce CPQ review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"CPQ as simplpe or complex as you need it to be"

What do you like best?

Full native to Salesforce means a familiar interface and full data integration with Products and relataed standard SF Objects. Almost limitless complex operations can be built, if you know how and build them carefully. Configurator tool is intuitive. A lot of components built during implementation are clonable or reusable. If you know the Salesforce architecture you will understand the moving parts easily and build your CPQ solution quickly. Scales well. Contracting and Renewals is something that is very powerful and becoming more relavant for SaaS/subscription based companies, and it handles this quite well.

What do you dislike?

Large complex quotes can lag slightly during calculation. Sometimes feels like the setup of products is repetitive and laborious. Quote output document generation engine is clunky and needs a rebuild, or consider using a 3rd party tool (e.g. Conga) to do this piece of work. The immense capabilities can lead to what feels like over-complexity. Billing is still not fully baked and Contracting model (amendments etc) sometimes feel cumbersome, but do work and generate good data/value and controlled processes. Also, support content and channels are extremely limited and often outdated, especially since the product is evolving so quickly. The forum is the only real resource, and you are expected to be an advanced admin or dev to implement it, it's not something an amateur can pick up and deploy, expecting mountains of quality trails, learning materials and so on. I recommend every admin considering SF CPQ do at least the entry-level CPQ training course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully consider your entire product catalog, pricing/discounting, and contracting model to align and simplify it before adopting CPQ. Make sure it is streamlined rather than trying to make it do too much (it can, but will become a mountain of work, admin, and complexity). The tool is good, but also remember it "works if you work it" so make sure you get exec and user buy in to a potentially whole new way of selling.

Complex discounting and pricing models. Product configuration on-the-fly. Contract generation and renewal management. Partner pricing and sales models.

Salesforce CPQ review by Gursahib S.
Gursahib S.

"Professional platform for sales and customer records"

What do you like best?

I have used Salesforce for a year while working for one of the distributors of Ublox. The software is completely professional, secure and pretty easy to use. I was FAE in the company and had t log in daily in the software. It helpedme a lot to keep track of my activities and record of customers and the products used by them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software takes quite a long time to load online. Too many options for design update. I faced a few problems to generate reports using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend salesforce as it is one of the most professional CRM software's available. The ease of use and security also makes it one the best.

Customer records, customer and sales registration, design in and design win records

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Salesforce CPQ review"

What do you like best?

How automated the whole process is! The entire process is designed seamless to serve my organization's need (and I believe if not all, most of the organizations' needs), and with proper training, the interface is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

A lot of customization could go into the CPQ, and without proper development and testing, things might go wrong when not enough thoughts is put into the design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe most companies' services could be handled by Salesforce CPQ, but it would take a lot of evaluation, and require a lot of thoughts and consideration to be put into the design, development and testing process to actually make the best use out of Salesforce CPQ.

Our contracts and subscriptions services to our clients.

The benefits are countless, with the biggest one being that it helps our employee save so much time by manually creating and auditing quotes, contracts and subscriptions.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Salesforce makes it easy to track sales activities"

What do you like best?

I have been using sales force for 4 years now and it keeps getting better. There are large amounts of reports I can generate. Our sales team can access the data from laptop or from smartphones on the road. The app keeps getting better. Overall it is a great tool.

What do you dislike?

It was slow going for some of our team member who were not used to logical quarries. For most of the team this was not an issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience it is great to customize salesforce based on feedback from your user base. Original we had issues with some of our workforce complaining about access to data but when we started to customize we have found out the user experience went up.

It is easy to track customers, generate quotations and followup.

"High hopes"

What do you like best?

Enjoy that we're going to be able to spit out quotes without manually typing up contracts, using information that we fill into our opportunities in Salesforce. Since all pricing is included it will negate the need for separate approvals from managers. Having the standardized contracts will help our customers to enjoy the same look and feel to all the contracts, rather than seeing different styles per rep.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve in the beginning. Part of the reason we like it but something to get used to is the limited editing capabilities. The program is very process oriented. You need to do everything in order during the test environment to ensure it's working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you get a lot of practice.

Cutting down the time it takes to make contracts. Ensuring everything looks and feels the same across all reps. Ensuring all parts of contracts were included. Will save a lot of time once we get the hang of it.

Salesforce CPQ review by Diego A.
Diego A.

"CPQ herramienta muy potente de pricing"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta es que se puede adaptar a las necesidades de la compañía: incluir descuentos, aprobaciones, etc. Casi todo lo que se te ocurra!

What do you dislike?

Es un módulo recientemente que antes era Steelbreak, como todavía lo están integrando, todavía no tiene todas las funcionalidades de bloqueo de campos, diseño, etc tan flexibles como en Sales CRM

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a consultancy firm to do the implementation smooth.

Toda la labor de aprobaciones a la hora de realizar contratos y altas de clientes en nuestra compañía. Ahora todo es mucho más automático y se produce de forma controlada.

Salesforce CPQ review by Navin P.
Navin P.

"Pricing made easy"

What do you like best?

The ability to structure how a sale is configured and priced so that the exceptions are not the norm is key. Fills a huge whole in the SFDC aresenal and significantly improves the user experience.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily an indictment of the product, but the process to get a CPQ system up and running. You'd be amazed at the number of things that fall into the purview.

Specific to the product, it had a few bugs at our launch, one of which is still a nuisance and we are awaiting resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan Plan Plan - I can't say this enough.

KISS - This is the model that all process should adhere to when asking users to use a system. This solution does that for us. Making it easier for reps to price, discount, quote and generate contracts is the ultimate gain, with overall cycle time being decreased as the end goal.

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful, configurable native Salesforce quoting tool"

What do you like best?

Bundles allow for configurable product options added to quotes. Native contracting functionality to auto-create assets, contacts and subscriptions. Supports many types of pricing and discounting methods including distributor, volume discounting, block pricing. Good knowledge base. The same web based interface is available with the Salesforce1 application allowing for an easy transition to mobile quoting.

What do you dislike?

Deployments between sandboxes is time consuming due to record-based and relational-based logic. Upgrades are time consuming due to needing to regression test end-to end. Version upgrades have broken existing configured functionality, leading to errors. Our own custom pricing we developed has become difficult to maintain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you select a strong implementation partner who fully understands your business requirements but can also push back to help you design and configure in the most out of the box way. Heavy customization becomes a maintenance problem in the future when you try to revise existing logic.

Consolidation of separate product SKUs due to discounting. Products added to quotes are both market and technically feasible. Supports distributor discounts. The ability to support out custom pricing methodology was needed as well. We have found that quotes are now generated that are more standardized and clear, ready to be deployed to the customer.

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Computer Software

"It works but there are some limitation"

What do you like best?

Slick lightning interface, and able to actually use a quote configurator

What do you dislike?

Rules based setup can get really complicated if you have a huge product list. We have broken CPQ multiple times by having too many products and options permuting to make it unwieldy.

The rules are actually reecords, and can be a pain to move from UAT to PRDN without 3rd party tools.

The rules are exceptionally touchy, and one wrong setting can blow up lots of product lines.

Closed managed package, and bugs are killers.. since it's locked down, there is no way to step through and analyze why products don't get configured correctly, or why bugs are happening.

Can't disable triggers on the fly, can't create exclusions for their triggers.. only way is to hit the master switch and turn off ALL triggers for CPQ.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For very large or enterprise deploys, there will be a considerable amount of work to get it to work correctly. Small to medium's shouldn't have any particular issues.

Moved product lines that required very detailed customization, from custom purpose built configurator, into Salesforce.. and now able to allow product/pricing teams to perform routine updates rather than have to ask for IT to update the software

Salesforce CPQ review by Gretchen B.
Gretchen B.

"Salesforce is awesome - CPQ, less so"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a great tool for managing your sales, and I love it for that. And the CPQ makes it easier to select products, create quotes and get them in front of your customers.

What do you dislike?

For complicated deals, the Salesforce CPQ makes it harder to deliver quotes. And with multiple discount approvals, it's tough to move fast when the client is ready to go.

I'm able to track my information in a thorough way, which I really like. I'm also able to deliver discounts and explain them easier, because it does the math for me. It also summons up the right products for the right client, which is also pretty nice.

Salesforce CPQ review by Jess B.
Jess B.

"Review of Salesforce CPQ "

What do you like best?

I love how fast I can create quotes for my clients. I can get everything done quickly without worrying about errors or glitches. I love how straightforward the options can be and how easy everything is to figure out.

What do you dislike?

There's not anything that comes to mind that I dislike! I've used many different programs in the past and all have fallen short compared to Salesforce CPQ!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! So worth it!

I get all of my quotes generated so much quicker with Salesforce CPQ. I make the options very straightforward for the customer so everything runs smoothly. I also love how my whole company can be involved with this. Everyone has an input and that makes the whole team run faster.

Salesforce CPQ review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Great Product, Needs some clean up"

What do you like best?

The product is infinitely configurable and can do pretty much anything. Preforms reliably and here have been a number of improvements over the last year. Makes it very easy to set up a quote and the UI and load is super fast now.

What do you dislike?

Functionality isn't well documented. Training was way out of date and incomplete. Install package leaves many useful fields and no brainers off of page layouts. Field Descriptions are lacking and God help you if you don't pay for extra training. There are no videos for how to and documentation is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the Advanced training Instructor led ASAP.

Some acquired business groups were the wild west, with no control over pricing or contract language and no usable details about customers. Too much reliance on tribal knowledge made the business unscalable. Now we've managed to get them to document their pricing methodology and configuring a quote takes minutes, not hours.

Salesforce CPQ review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Informative and detailed software with multiple features"

What do you like best?

I like the wealth of information that can be included for each account page and I like how additional information can be created for contacts/people in addition to the information that is associated with account. I like the appearance of the software as it’s relatively organized.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how the software allows duplicate accounts to exist and these accounts can only be merged by a system administrator. I don’t really like the way tasks are set up as the user is only able to set up a specific date instead of a specific time to complete a task.

Sales force enables us to effectively communicate with business owners to help them with their exit and growth strategies for their business.

Salesforce CPQ review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

No real complaintsI enjoy salesforce compared to other CRMs in the best. The most effiecent on the candidate/client side. I enjoy salesforce compared to other CRMs in the best. The most effiencent on the candidate/client side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yesI enjoy salesforce compared to other CRMs in the best. The most effiecent on the candidate/client side. I enjoy salesforce compared to other CRMs in the best. The most effiencent on the candidate/client side.

I think the benefits is how user frienly it is.

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"Great if you have the right internal resources"

What do you like best?

The customizability and flexibility is great. We sell a lot of different product lines and the platform allows you to really get creative when creating quotes and packages.

What do you dislike?

I feel like there are often times where I have to run downstairs and talk to a CPQ expert. It isn't as intuitive as it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have product specialists that will help your sales team navigate. It can get really difficult.

All of my quotes are stored in their own opportunities. I no longer have to have multiple quotes and multiple pdf's all over my desktop that I have to edit and customize. It allows me to go to the salesforce opp and keep everything there.

Salesforce CPQ review by Taylor B.
Taylor B.

"Salesforce Review"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. All of my contacts are in one place which makes it easy to find anything that I need

What do you dislike?

How often I have to change my password. I am horrible at remembering them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend! So easy to use and to navigate. I have no complaints

I no longer have to hold on to a ton of business cards or other things. I'm able to find it all in one location.

Salesforce CPQ review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Good toofor managing a sales territory"

What do you like best?

This is a good tool and app on my phone that lets me keep up with daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals and progress.

What do you dislike?

With residual sales, I feel it gets redundant. I go in and visit accounts and it's kind of the same thing each week, especially in the slow season when they do not buy as much..... I do wish they could tie in real time sales data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your contacts and data are current so when it uploads it is accurate. It is only as good as the info you put in to it.

It does let you see where you have been and who you haven't seen in a while in terms of your customer base. Keep and track notes on progress and also contacts and decision makers.

Salesforce CPQ review by Shelly R.
Shelly R.

"This is a game changer!"

What do you like best?

I love Salesforce. There are a billion things we can do with this software and I learn more every single day. We utilize this software to maintain our leads, work them, track students and more.

What do you dislike?

There are so many options and places to go and reports that can be run it is sometimes overwhelming. It would be nice to work on a better, more streamlined user interface.

We are better able to take care of our leads. Salesforce keeps us organized and gives us a place to make notes and run reports that are invaluable in what we do.

"Ease-of-use Tweaks Needed"

What do you like best?

CPQ, for the most part, is clean and easy to use. The extremely small footprint in the case of most Enterprise systems allows it to be installed on a variety of devices, especially those that require Cloud connectivity for full functionality. this is a major upside especially for smaller businesses that would like to utilize Enterprise level software for their sales role PC images.

What do you dislike?

The software seems slightly over-engineered, and while Engineers themselves me find utility in the extra latent functionality, sales assets can get easily misdirected without proper training. To summarize, the comprehensiveness of the program simply doesn't exist across all levels of aptitude as one would expect in a reasonably large Enterprise environment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other olutions first. You'll see that Salesforce is a strong contender for top dog.

All manner of sales and sales operations functions are incredibly dependent on the Salesforce family of products. In my specific use case, I find consistency of Brandon and layout to be absolutely invaluable.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Organized & Efficient"

What do you like best?

I love how Salesforce comes in and is an organizational aid for an often disorganized sales mind. Often as a sales person, you have so many different things on. You have accounts that are in different stages on a sales cycle. You have your leads, your accounts that have one meeting already pre-existing and you're following up, and accounts that have already been sold product and you are assisting with after-call care. It does a great job of organizing the different kinds of accounts, and in what part of the process you are in with each one. It also has a place for call notes and you can write exactly what was discussed in the last call.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface can be challenging when you are first beginning to use it and knowing exactly where to find everything. Additionally, I wish calendar was more easily accessible with looking at leads, existing accounts etc., and not needing to have two different tabs pulled up to be looking at a calendar to schedule an appointment, as well as having the account page pulled up separately.

The company I worked for using this product primarily relied on cold calling and cold leads to gain more and more business. Salesforce really gave us the initial information that from there allowed us to tap into each account, and keep an organized descriptor of where we were with each account. With leads that were not going anywhere, they can be deleted from the system. Almost all of our business revenues are due to the use of Salesforce and it's ability for us to work quickly, sift through our information, and have more efficient and productive calls.

Salesforce CPQ review by Steven E.
Steven E.

"SF Review"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how user friendly it was. It was easy to learn. It was easy to catch any mistakes that you may have done, and is easy to scrub quotes. It's great to create quotes, keep in contact with your customers, email customers, and other people in your company that are using SF. I appreciated the color schemes and design. The GUI system is easy to use. SF as a company is great. They have a completely modifiable product that can be adapted and modified to fit your company's needs. SF has great customer care and tech support. If there are any problems, they are there to help you, they are very friendly. SF isn't just a computer software company, they are a company that seeks to be a tool used to better your business. They don't seem to be only after your money, but to help you get more money and to help you better serve your customers. Whenever software is needing for quoting and sales, I always recommend Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like all the steps that it took to get through most procedures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in quoting or in sales, this program is very helpful, easy to use, and easy to learn. Just make sure you learn the skill of scrubbing your quotes, which is easy to do with this software. The value of this software is way more than you would ever pay for it.

We need to input more information into the product to get the full benefit.

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Powerful, but complicated without a lot of training resources."

What do you like best?

Seems like it can do anything. Our Sales Ops Manager that handled the implementation recently left the company. I have been here 7 months and am still trying to get up to speed on CPQ, but the implementation was so poor the Sales Professionals do not believe it even works. Need better support and learning resources.

What do you dislike?

Support has been spotty at best. Also it has been tedious trying to find learning resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had a very poor implementation. It seems to be the key and what is still holding us back.

Quoting has been the biggest impact. Would like to explore if CPQ can handle partner discounting schedules, asset creation on accounts, and automatic renewal opportunity creation. Also would like to learn about any current CPQ training that may help us get the most out of this product.

Salesforce CPQ review by Consultant in Sports
Consultant in Sports

"Something Every Business needs "

What do you like best?

CPQ is one of the tools that businesses need to have. At first I thought it was a little confusing to navigate but I think what I like best is that you have the training videos to guide you through everyday use of the platform.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I cannot get over with salesforce is the glitching. It may be due to my work space and the computers that we use in the office but I have some trouble loading or the lag time with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think one of the most valuable things that software and additions like this can do, is to make the product as simple as possible to decrease the size that the software takes up. It is not easy to add on huge files to a computer or laptop in the field and then have it preform badly because it lags.

Prior to having the technology in our office we had representatives who where unable to close deals that should have been a done deal because we didnt have technology to back up what we were saying.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Higher Education

"Has everything you need if you give it a little time"

What do you like best?

There are so many useful tools that are available through Salesforce. It helps to keep your clients organized and helps to keep you on top of tasks.

What do you dislike?

The program can be very finicky if you do not have a sort of training you will have difficulty with this particular CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Patience is key when first using the CRM. After some TLC the program has a wealth of helpfulness that will drive the success of your organization.

This is used to keep account of enrolled students and their admission status. This CRM lets us stay organized by the wealth of data that is collected to better target students.

Salesforce CPQ review by Olivia S.
Olivia S.

"Fairly Straightforward"

What do you like best?

I like the prebuilt options. Because of these options it feels straightforward while also being user friendly! Not all systems are like this.

What do you dislike?

The lingo used (confusing). Although many parts of this are user friendly, often times I find it difficult to follow along with all of the information it is throwing at me. Especially the first couple times I used this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a shot especially if you are working to try something more user friendly and/or more thorough. Check it out!

It has been very beneficial when it comes to sales. It automates quoting, ordering, and contracting processes which as been a huge help.

Salesforce CPQ review by Matthew R.
Matthew R.

"CPQ Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about utilizing CPQ is the integration with Salesforce and and the ability to quickly put proposals together. It eliminates the need to use a third party software outside the cloud or Salesforce to create accurate proposals.

What do you dislike?

The backend of CPQ seems to be computer code driven or algorithms, thus making it very hard to create custom proposals. This allows a delay on the sales side, as these changes are made by sales operations within my organization.

The business problems I am trying to solve include: avoid using third party solutions to create proposals; save time by bringing over important info or contact info automatically; and avoid having to look up pricing in a separate price book (everything is right there).

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Improved our work order process by a landslide afer a few hiccups! "

What do you like best?

CONSISTENCY is key!! there's an array of mechanisms that can be used to get data to pull depending on the input in a field.

We used to use WORD for work orders, so this is an incredible step up. Adding products became incredibly easy with the Product Lines and makes tracking of what we're selling very easy as well.

What do you dislike?

Lots of hiccups in the beginning. We needed a DEDICATED Salesforce rep in our team to spend hours upon hours upon hours even building what would become our standard for work orders.

He was VERY good, so he solved a lot of our issues. But, sometimes it took a while to where we had to revert back to using the word template.

Sometimes, with some of our products, we do have to revert to word

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, but with the caveat that you really need a resident expert to fix the code.

We used steel brick primarily for work orders.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Computer Software

"CPQ Review"

What do you like best?

As a new user, I've yet to uncover all of its features but with basic training I understand the benefits it will bring to my daily workflow and team objectives. It offers automation, accuracy, control, Salesforce updates, easy approvals, and quicker quotes.

What do you dislike?

As a new user, I'm still unfamiliar with the entirety of the product and features offered. It seems the point is to automate the majority of this workflow, removing my ability to alter minor tweaks in the process. However, I'm sure with more training and familiarity it will become a great asset in reaching my sales goals this year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research and compare products. Make sure its features are in-line with helping you alleviate a pain or achieve a set of goals.

It will help expedite the process to create and effectively deliver accurate sales quotes. This means sending the correct pricing / discounting quote to prospects the first time. The benefits of customizable templates offer numerous benefits in achieving a uniform and consistent approach to proposals and contracts.

Salesforce CPQ review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Well organized data!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to update my Salesforce data via the mobile app or my laptop. It's easy to input data on the go and then clean up at a later date & time.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more customizable in regards to which fields need to be filled in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Easy to keep track of New and ongoing leads & projects.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"All the processes streamline effortlessly "

What do you like best?

Very easy to operate... even the sales guys love it.

Continuous upgrades

Innovative features never stop coming

Inbuilt Chatter tool

Given the amount SFDC spends on marketing and building a brand image being a user of the same gives a professional edge.

Not a difficult tool to learn technically

What do you dislike?

* You have to be online to use Salesforce.com’s full functionality

* One license per user.

* Transition between multiple screens to process transactions.

* Some common task need to be completed using third party solutions from AppExchange

* Limited only to CRM, no question of ERP model.

* High developing cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out a trial and see if it’s right for your company.

Organizing old archaic processes. This helps to keep all information on one program, track progress and keep the whole team on the same page.

Salesforce CPQ review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Can't Live Without it"

What do you like best?

It organizes my leads and contacts and helps me stay on top of my tasks every single day.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about Salesforce. I have used many other CRM's and Salesforce is by far the best one available

My customer relationship has been off the charts and always so easy to make sure I'm on top of my game.

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator

"Good CPQ solution for simple business need"

What do you like best?

I love the Advanced Approval functionality.

What do you dislike?

Performance issue with large set of data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out this might solve your business problem.

Looking for a CPQ solution.

Since integrated with Salesforce it is using most of the standard Salesforce objects.

Easy to setup and lot of good resources at Salesforce to help you out.

It gives you advance approval. Streamline your approval process by automating complex processes with dynamic approvers and customizable aggregate criteria.

Submit proposals that look the way you want every time. Always include the right terms for an easier buying experience. Harness the power of our app ecosystem and the AppExchange for redlining and CLM. Professional proposals and contracts, check.

Send invoices and collect cash with ease. Manage subscription billing with flexible terms. Leverage the AppExchange and our ISV partners to integrate with ERP. Quickly recognize revenue and report on quotes, orders, invoices, and payments for actionable intelligence.

Product Configurator

Configure products and services based on your business rules and logic. Update configurations at any time for special promotions or product changes.

Price and Quote

Ensure consistent pricing and discounting. Speed up the approval process. Generate customer-friendly quotes easily and accurately.

Salesforce CPQ for Community Cloud

Accelerate channel sales and make it easy for partners to sell your products and services. As your partners generate quotes, your pipelines and forecasts are automatically updated.

Orders and Renewals

Convert quotes to clean orders that can be automatically loaded into your business system. Generate renewal quotes while applying price ramps.

Salesforce CPQ review by Travis P.
Travis P.

"A great and flexible app that picks up where Salesforce left off"

What do you like best?

The quoting tool they put together allows you to generate quotes that fit real world scenarios, without having to build everything yourself.

The Steel Brick team works with you to make sure you have what you need, in the best configuration possible, to help your business. They are quick to respond issues or suggestions to the tool, which is usually not the case with other apps.

I would recommend this tool to anyone looking to build better or more complicated quotes in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have a dislike, we have had a great experience with the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that the biggest problem you will have with implementing CPQ isn't SteelBrick, but your internal business units agreeing on appropriate process that the tool can support.

We needed to build out our quoting function to manage solution configurations via a wizard type functionality, handle promotions appropriately and service renewals.

This tool was able to handle all of them and any modifications or customizations we needed, they were willing to help my team to make sure it would work appropriate with our processes.

Salesforce CPQ review by John B.
John B.

"Salesforce review "

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to keep track of potential clients and customers you have had interactions with.

What do you dislike?

When trying to close out tasks you cant do them all at once.

Organization of company and client intelligence and I have realized it is easier for our sales to not step on each others toes because sales force keeps track of interactions.

Salesforce CPQ review by Carla M.
Carla M.

"Helps with reporting needs. "

What do you like best?

Salesforce.com has been the bets CRM ever. It helps us managing leads. We can easily create or import leads and send them emails easily. It records email tracking activities which is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Slow learning curve for some

Expensive to use if you are a smaller company

Sales team was a tad aggressive

Easy to use to build a quote/proposal. Once the proposal has been sent to the customer it is easy to track the sales process and once a sale is giving/PO won it is easy to convert the quote to an open job, attach files etc.

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Salesforce (formerly Steelbrick) CPQ"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for the end-user, adding products and keeping the prices for your end-users up to date, visibility into discounting and product forecasting.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve to implemement, we engaged a Salesforce integration partner

We had pain around configuring and quoting and keeping our pricebook up to date since all of our quoting was done in excel. We had trouble tracking updates, what versions of the excel quote tool our reps were using and what type of discounts we were applying. Now we are able to keep our pricebook up to date, track discounts, what products we're selling the most and most importantly, keep our pipeline up to date with the most recent quote for accurate forecasting.

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"Easy to use Opportunities/Sales Tracking Tool"

What do you like best?

Mainly use the Reporting aspect of the software, where I would pull data to compile data metrics on our prospects and sales wins.

Easy to create dashboards to measure performance of branches

What do you dislike?

Not much customization on reports, as it is quite static

Quite slow system, doesn't feel too dynamic

Recommendations to others considering the product

Industry-wide Sales Pipeline measuring tool, easy to use and train novice users on

Tracking our sales wins and opportunities, and determining what's in potential jeopardy..

Does a very good job of managing our Sales Pipeline, to determine what our total opportunity and expected revenues to be

"Pricing made easy"

What do you like best?

I like that using this software combines the best of Excel and marketing. There are easy ways to generate what the client needs within minutes. I like that a lot. Whenever I need a quote I can just pull up the app and it is such a breeze to give information to the system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this software is on the lower end of software that do the same thing. The designers could add more to the user interface. Add ons or extras would make this software stand out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this software it is convenient and great bang for the buck.

We are solving the business problems of slow response time. We are able to get what we need soon and get it to the clients fast

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Salesforce "

What do you like best?

Way to track information and keep history in one place. Easy to process documents

What do you dislike?

They should have a mobile app that automatically syncs to your phones calendar and has the tasks you’ve set pop up as notifications on your phone.abikity to separate tasks based on type or have the ability to add color coding or something to see types from activities page. Takes a long time to enter info with a lot of clients

Ability to track info. SF keeps everything in one place and can keep tasks/call history in one place

Salesforce CPQ review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Salesforce CPQ Ease of user and Time Saver"

What do you like best?

I would like to order the five best things about the Salesforce CPQ,

1.Speed

2.Accuracy

3.Personalization

4.Efficiency

5.Increase Sales

What do you dislike?

The number of Quote Lines that we can create. The performance on the Quote Line editor after 200 lines is awful. CPQ needs to improve a lot on the load of the CPQ quotes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce CPQ gives you full control over the sales process, allowing you to keep the wheels of your business turning.

Streamlined contract process and Improved accuracy. The time taken for the Quotes to go back and forth improved significantly.

Salesforce CPQ review by otis f.
otis f.

"salesforce great business tool"

What do you like best?

able to access my customers account with ease from my mobile device. not having to go into the office to get my leads

What do you dislike?

constantly having to log in when timed out

Recommendations to others considering the product

a great product to have for large or small business.

able to give customers quotes and notate the account from my mobile device

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Internet

"CPQ "

What do you like best?

I am most fond of the ability to quickly edit price quotes for clients. In the past we would have to start from scratch. This has helped streamline that process for us. I also like how it is like a wizard for installing software, it really takes the human error out of the equation and makes sure all the boxes are checked.

What do you dislike?

At times the software can be a bit clunky. In our situation, when deals get complex errors can come from not doing things in the right order. I am not sure if this is our issue of a CPQ issue.

The primary focus is to have sales reps spending less time creating quotes and more time with clients. I believe it has streamlined the process in someways but has also added some difficulty. This could improve with time.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Financial Services

"My experience with Salesforce has been positive."

What do you like best?

I like how detailed you can get and how its compatible with other software to improve efficiency. The possibilities seem endless. I like how you can filter and edit and make your own lists.

What do you dislike?

It just seems like a lot. Theres so much information I can enter about a prospect so it takes a long and can be viewed as an inefficient use of my time. I get lost trying to find something sometimes. In terms of user friendliness, there some room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn the system. Watch instructional videos.

Organization. The tool keeps me on track and up to date with every prospect and client. I like how I dont have to remember to call someone because it will remind me to.

Salesforce CPQ review by Agency in Real Estate
Agency in Real Estate

"Easy Billing Systems"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the fact that this software makes it so much easier to Automate quotes, and close deals faster. This program cuts out the middle man when it comes to direct billing and streamline pricing. This allows more time for your selling and day to day activities. Cuts out the need for spending so much time in creating excel spreadsheets and emails.

What do you dislike?

Theres not very much about this program that I dislike however I think everything would be simplified if Salesforce can find a way to bring all the extras and added feautures together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and Try it out...You will LOVE IT!

With this program my company has resolved the need to create list and spreadsheets in excel. Thus allowing us to do the daily activities that 'really' count. Such as satisfying our clients and prospecting.

Salesforce CPQ review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Salesforce"

What do you like best?

As a business account manager, I love that I am able to build reports and export them over to excel for distribution to my team members. I like that I can view my partners account information without having to pull up other sources.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way that I can track my phone calls that I make through other applications such as Amazon chime.

I am being able to sort out the difference of partners that I work for and see how I can help them grow.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Easy interface "

What do you like best?

It’s easy to navigate and it’s super quick to enter in a new lead and turn that lead into an actual account. That info goes directly into our other program easily.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to delete an opportunity. Instead you have to close it. Seems strange to me not being able to just delete it and start over or get rid of it Is not needed.

This is a major time saver. I can also enter info in on my tablet whole out I’m the field.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Computer Software

"So Frustrating"

What do you like best?

If you are creating a quote that is straight list price without any customizations, then this is fast.

What do you dislike?

Anything that is not EXACTLY list price requires multiple hours of work. This is a terrible experience. Every one of my peers dreads creating quotes in CPQ. I would rather give away a tiny license than go through the pain that is CPQ.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider the pain this will cause your sales team. Find a different solution that doesn't require so much effort to create a quote or even just submit an invoice.

Creating quotes... this is supposed to make things easier for our finance team to keep track of exactly what a client has in their license. However, it makes things SO difficult for a sales team!!!

Salesforce CPQ review by Alexis T.
Alexis T.

"Salesforce is easy to learn and great to have!"

What do you like best?

I love the "task" option that sets personalized reminders for any day or month of the year! You can ever set a task for other colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found too much that I dislike about salesforce, it is made to be an easy learn but I do wish there was a quick tutorial option that shows special features depending on the type of business you're in.

This helps our business time stamp leads to help determine who owns that lead and can move forward with that sale.

"Salesforce CPQ"

What do you like best?

I like that CPQ can be used to track potential upsell from business opportunities, and calculates the discounts that I am providing a client from a certain rate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the difficulty in calculating the amount per product and that editing lines in quotes can be extremely clunky. I also don't like the look of the contract templates when exporting - as I often have to do editing in word after so it doesn't save time.

Contract creation and booking. When it works, it saves time from manually calculating quotes and discounts.

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"User friendly, but a little confusing "

What do you like best?

It’s very user friendly in the sense that you just have to click on the application for it to go right into your quote

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the applications don’t specifically say what’s in them, so you have to refer to another source to find out if that’s the application you need to choose, or if you need to choose another application that is the “enhanced” version.

Benefits include to option to edit/delete specific fields without creating another quote once it has already been submitted/approved.

Salesforce CPQ review by josh c.
josh c.

"Big step up!"

What do you like best?

The best part of CPQ is the configuration feature - allowing you to build catalogue numbers and add to a quote

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that the quotes are template-based and not fully dynamically created.

Maintaining a link between sales activities, quotes issued, and orders entered

Salesforce CPQ review by Kim A.
Kim A.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

Ability to organize and create dashboards that benefit you. Customization is key for productivity.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be somewhat difficult to get the hang of. Since there are so many ways to customize, it can be overwhelming.

Case/ticket creation and organization.

Task requests.

Internal emailing.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I like salesforce because it helps keep track of customers information and what they prefer as far as products, it makes it easier and faster when it comes to ordering specific items that are needed.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about it, I don't have any complaints and would recommend it others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend others to use this I think they willl find it useful to keep information in order, it will make their job so, much easier, They wil be suprised on much information they can store and use.

The benefits it provides is to keep up sales, get the right products in consistently that are needed and recommended to keep the sales goals. I love that it has variety of options and is quick and makes it so easy to use.

Salesforce CPQ review by Virginia S.
Virginia S.

"Made customer service a treat!"

What do you like best?

I am a customer service rep for a solar company. I could not do my job without this app. I am saved 100 hours a year easy by simply having all my customer info and metrics in one place. This is a indispensable application and service in my company process. The training and support is top notch.

What do you dislike?

I sincerely have no complaints. The ease of use was exceptional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sales and customer service cannot operate efficiently without this product.

Time management. Ease of process. I get office communication. You name it.

Salesforce CPQ review by Marcus S.
Marcus S.

"Great tool that is making everyone's lives a LOT easier"

What do you like best?

I love that it's highly configurable. We have a very complicated set up in terms of products and pricing. All of my company's contracts have just slightly different terms (i.e. product 3 is 25% of the sum of products 2 and 3 for client one but 30% for client two but 20% with a $5000 minimum for client 3). With some creative problem solving assistance from our implementation team, we were able to make it so that our Sales team only sees the products associated with each client and get all of the product calculations to function appropriately.

What do you dislike?

The only con that I can think of is that the Quote templates are somewhat buggy, and it's best if you know HTML since the WYSIWYG editor is temperamental. Once they are set up, however, cloning templates and adapting are a breeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementing yourself is great if you have experience with Products and Price Books or other CPQ's. If you don't or if you have a lot of complicated rules, have Steelbrick or one of their recommended partners do the heavy lifting. We probably could have implemented MUCH faster if we had not tried to do it ourselves at first.

We have reduced the opportunity for error by our Sales tea to virtually zero, while also drastically reducing the amount of time Sales has to wait for answers about pricing from Finance and the amount of time it takes to actually build/calculation costs.

Salesforce CPQ review by Cameron W.
Cameron W.

"CPQ"

What do you like best?

Integrates with SFDC and is very easy to use and modify quotes.

What do you dislike?

Too many bells and whistles. It could easily be scaled down and just as effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend it to any organization that has SFDC already and wants an integrated pricing tool

Quoting the annual renewal fees for current clients.

Salesforce CPQ review by Kris M.
Kris M.

"Mixed results"

What do you like best?

it is configurable and has some very smart functions

What do you dislike?

not full integrated with Lightning as you would expect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the page load times, we have a contact center and waiting for 8-10 for a page to load is too long.

Complex pricing rules and price generation at quote entry. Validation and approval process support correct price and product selection

Salesforce CPQ review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use Quote System"

What do you like best?

The functionality is pretty simple. Everything is very logical in how you set up a quote and progress to an order.

What do you dislike?

The integration to outside systems has been a challenge. It's not impossible, but it takes a village to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more complex your systems, the more challenging it will be to integrate. If you have a simple business process and products, this will be easy to implement with very little customization.

Replacement of multiple sales entry systems. CPQ will standardize our sales process and sales entry.

Salesforce CPQ review by Kathryn A.
Kathryn A.

"Salesforce "

What do you like best?

Salesforce is very easy to use. It is also very clear on instructions. it gives you options to add your co workers and talk to your co workers through chats.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don’t like. Everything in the program was very clear and easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce makes Organization of sales leads very easy. you can customize the options of how you want the leads to appear.

I have realized that Salesforce makes editing very easy

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Salesforce CPQ"

What do you like best?

We are just now implementing the product. Based on our sales meetings previous to purchasing CPQ in December I feel this product is going to fill a great void we have within our Salesforce platform.

What do you dislike?

As of now I do not have any dislikes. We can build the platform out with our needs in mind so I do not foresee any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and talk with a sales representative. If you give them the proper information they will provide you with a full arsenal to be able to sell why your team needs CPQ to your boss. For our company it was a no brainer, just a cost factor.

Our sales team has a very difficult time with our price book. One it varies by region especially with the amount of discount they are able to provide. Also, not all of our Regional Managers are willing to share pricing information with our sales team which provides a huge disconnect. With this software we are able to set up prices regionally and allow the discounts to be built in per region.

Salesforce CPQ review by Jacqueline L.
Jacqueline L.

"Loooove it!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use and manage. I love how it shows you and your colleagues what your rank is so you can compete!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a little while to load

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

Organization of opportunities

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"Anything is possible with continual adapting (hire a specialist) but the expense (cost/time) is high"

What do you like best?

Fields are all customizable but this adds to the complexity as it takes a lot of time and money to complete what you want

What do you dislike?

The cost of the software is so high- especially when you realize all the paid support you need to make it work and training for the employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes- if they are a big organization. Otherwise no

It does allow you to track the sales process well if good data is entered.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Easy to use and works great with many clients"

What do you like best?

This one is so easy I can train other employees to use it. It makes it that much easier to communicate with clients.

What do you dislike?

It seems some of the articles in the knowledge base are dated. I've had the system lock up a few times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already familiar with SalesForce or if you are stuck using those old, basic programs (sorry, Excel), using this will help streamline your processes.

This works well if you're working with clients/products that are tied into social media accounts. I've done my share of long-term reporting as well, and this has worked well for me. As so many people still use the basic programs (Excel, Google Docs), this program will put you ahead of that crowd.

Salesforce CPQ review by Ian D.
Ian D.

"Just what we needed to mature"

What do you like best?

In our organization we had a very reactive process and it was chaos to get any reliable quotes out of SFDC. SteelBrick CPQ brought much needed structure around our workflow. Now quotes are uniform and we can start doing some reporting based upon the data we are collecting. In addition to a great quoting tool, we use the document generation piece. What used to take almost an hour to do manually now only takes a few minutes. Our reps not have more time to focus on closing business instead of keeping up with administration.

The staff at SteelBrick have been very helpful in getting us on board and trained up! I highly recommend this company and their quoting solution!

What do you dislike?

Exporting quotes to a document works great for a PDF but it took a little bit more configuration to get an export to Word looking right

Time is saved on creating quotes and quote documentation. Not having a standarized proccess was forcing other businets units to spend more time proccing orders than what should have been required.

Salesforce CPQ review by Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.

"Fantastic "

What do you like best?

I like being able to access important information I need from work. Right on my mobile phone.

What do you dislike?

There are little bugs. Like some information will load and some information will not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's absolutely fantastic and helps stay on top of things and makes sure that you can work efficiently.

Helps me connect more with my customers .if they have questions or concerns I can take care of them a lot quicker for the customer.

"SalesForce Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed how wast this product was to use. SalesForce does a great job here.

Likes:

Easy to use

Well laid out

What do you dislike?

I really liked everything they did with this product. It was user friendly and easy to navigate.

Dislikes:

too much money

not enough users

Recommendations to others considering the product

SalesForce could do more training for when they sell their product. As much as they are a big and established company they leave the consumer asking too many questions that they could easily. I have found that the companies who offer first time training are the best bet.

I am keeping my employees more accountable with this software. They work harder we see better results.

Salesforce CPQ review by User

"Easy to create a quote"

What do you like best?

The easiness to chose a pricebook and create a quote, then follow the approval workflow, to get everything approved and documented. It's easy to understand and have all the information in the same system.

What do you dislike?

The possibility of delete quotes that you don't need them anymore. At the end in a single opportunity there could be many quotes that are unuseless.

Centralize and simplify the quote solution to have a single point of information not only for the accounts or opportunities but also for the quotes.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"On the right track, but still needs some enhancements"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily categorize products to streamline a user's navigation when there are multiple produt lines with many SKUs in each product line.

What do you dislike?

There are still some bugs that make navigation more cumbersome for users unless they aware of those issues ahead of time to avoid them.

It is used as a standard way of producing quotes/contracts across our company's multiple product lines. This saves time for users who no longer have to custom-create each quote.

Salesforce CPQ review by Jamie S.
Jamie S.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Salesforce to keep on top of my sales follow up process

What do you dislike?

The reports can be a bit difficult to create

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use

I am better able to stay organized

Salesforce CPQ review by Marcus R.
Marcus R.

"A great solution for quoting."

What do you like best?

CPQ is incredibly flexible. We encounter so many different ways to price items and to build products, CPQ handles them all.

What do you dislike?

There isn't fantastic documentation for ALL of the features. The knowledge base is good, but because CPQ does SO many things there should be more documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to do some serious administration.

Being able to build products based on different requirements. We don't have to maintain multiple SKUs for a single product because we can just add options and build it as we'd like.

Salesforce CPQ review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"CPQ"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, great features and streamlined sales process.

What do you dislike?

Javascript slows down the functioning of Safari

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use CPQ for contracts and pricing. Saves a lot of time during the sales process

Much quicker process than using paper contracts and itemizing sales products.

Salesforce CPQ review by Patrick D.
Patrick D.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. I am able to keep track of all of my data points and it allows me to work much more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The program is expensive; however, it is very useful and I would have a tough time without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

This program helps with data loss as the alternative would be me keeping track of everything. It has helped me save time.

Salesforce CPQ review by Andrew D.
Andrew D.

"Salesforce CPQ"

What do you like best?

For our company, Salesforce CPQ seems to have all the solutions included to quote our clients.

What do you dislike?

The software doesn’t allow me to successfully put my quotes through over 10% of the time.

Having standardized method to send clients quotes

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"It is what your SF team makes it!"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize / add more fields. Being able to cross check our product's information with our CRM

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to search and find some information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your Admin listens to your needs and understands how to modify SF, this can be great!

Seeing clients from two different products on one system. Seeing activities and progress on employee's accounts. Everyone has visibility to each other's progress and pipeline. Support / Sales / Tech / Admin

"Salesforce Review "

What do you like best?

I like how it allows me to manage different client accounts including contacts, current assets, beginning and end dates, etc.

What do you dislike?

Could be more flexible in automating OPFs. It will only allow me to register assets terms in years (not months, weeks, days, etc.) and I cannot see the OPF format until I have already submitted it. Would prefer I could view the OPF template before submitting.

Allows for better organization of clients and understanding when client are up for renewal.

Salesforce CPQ review by Nikayla D.
Nikayla D.

"Gotta love Salesforce!"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use and honestly I could not do my job without it.

What do you dislike?

There's been a few instances where the system was down, but within 30 minutes it was back up and running again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely

We're able to store all of our data for our prospects. It very easy to use and I would recommend it a thousand times over for other sales companies.

Salesforce CPQ review by User in Security and Investigations
User in Security and Investigations

"replacement of paperwork"

What do you like best?

ease to use now able to bypass paperwork and use tablet.

What do you dislike?

sometimes system goes down not good when that happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

better response when system is down to get back up and to let us know when it is down so we don't feel stupid when with customer.

faster creating quotes for customer product is ease to read and all info is there in front of you.

Learn more about Salesforce CPQ

Salesforce CPQ Videos

Learning about Salesforce CPQ?

* We monitor all Salesforce CPQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.