Salesforce CRM
Badge 1411046837

Salesforce CRM

476 8.2 / 10
Watch a Demo
Salesforce Sales Cloud helps you close deals faster from anywhere, anytime.

Salesforce CRM Reviews (476)

Salesforce is an incredibly powerful, rich, and functional CRM application. It is a good fit for SMB to large enterprise. It is very easy to administer, but has the... Read More
0  gnh4z6l83hq7sgutpvc4r3ic8kuf0putycb4rhqg6kwrui2fuqxnunvusxku4j8cyn9cyyfrmfx
Ben D.
Executive Sponsor in Computer Networking
Fast implementation to track processes and information at a high degree of quality. To be honest one of the most productive tools ever delivered to the business world. Read More
0 vrcz hipmvs0r06rbllf c87mk0grsbrctnf c8flvisfo8kj9tnygq38oxcpgnpn18qjl xfuvt
Shane A.
Administrator in Internet
Validated Review

For a lack of better words...

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a beast. As a web developer with a computer science background, I can't help but favor programs that are built with scalability at the forefront. Salesforce allows for the ultimate customization. Create your dashboards, your fields, you reports, your formulas. Customize your Projects, Milestones, Tasks, etc. to fit exactly what you need. The level of customization has allowed for Salesforce to become a breeding ground for third party apps that integrate with the functionality of Salesforce and take it even further. You can use Salesforce as your center hub for client, project, and account information, and then use any number free and premium apps to build out proposals and invoices, manage finances, organize team collaboration, structure marketing campaigns, and more. Salesforce really is the all in one solution for a CRM.

What do you dislike?

What's great about Salesforce, can also be it's downfall. Since there are seemingly unlimited possibilities, it becomes very easy to get bogged down or overwhelmed by a huge palette of information and resources. This is especially true you're CRM needs aren't exactly complex. If you're just looking for a simple project management system among a small team with only a few clients, Salesforce might not be your best option. My company uses Salesforce, and it's beyond perfect for our sales and marketing teams. However, I'm a web designer/developer, so most of what I use Salesforce for is project management and time tracking. This is where I've ran into most of my frustration. I end up with so many unused fields and have to bury down into a project, then into a milestone, then into a task in order to even reach where I can track time. Aside from the occasional tediousness and feeling of being overwhelmed, there really isn't a whole lot of bad things to say about Saleforce. Even though...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Salesforce! Even if you're still small and feel that a beast like Salesforce might be a bit beyond your scope, it's better to go for something that you can grow into instead of having to switch everything over down the road. We all know that any kind of moving is a pain and that there's always something that seems to get lost in the process. Salesforce is ultimately what you make it. If you need it to be small at the moment, then you can make it small and have it grow as you grow!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

One of the biggest benefits has been able to keep track of due dates for projects, as well as the milestones and tasks within a project. When you feel like you're doing the work of two people, it's necessary to have an efficient way to keep your activities organized. Although I would like a more efficient means to visually see my workflow, Salesforce still manages to keep me on track. Also, as a company, we've recently subscribed to the services of Tinderbox as a proposal and agreement builder platform. I've been amazed at how seamless we've been able to integrate our Salesforce information into the Tinderbox App for SF to easily and efficiently build out these documents. It definitely beats the outdated method of using macros between MS Word and Excel like we had been doing!

Updated On

How the Mighty have Fallen

What do you like best?

For a small to mid size business I suppose using Salesforce makes it sound like you are in the big leagues. It has name recognition, when you bring it up people know what you're talking about.

If you've got the cash to spend, you can hire a consultant to implement Salesforce for you. This is probably a good and bad thing.

What do you dislike?

I can barely being to talk about how bad Salesforce is. I understand they were once the leaders in CRM software (sorry "web application" ) but it's become a bloated mess that is surely going the way of Yahoo. It's not intuitive, they do not keep up to date with web standards and the interface is just a nightmare. You don't know how bad it is until you use a website with an intuitive interface that doesn't make you click a half a dozen times just to get to an edit screen. It's like the web engineers at Salesforce don't have any idea what inline editing is. We used Salesforce for 6 years and it seriously harmed our business. I'm so glad we've made the switch to a modern CRM that actually tries to make sure you are spending no more than the time necessary on the site to get things done.

Also the mobile app is a joke.

It's a pretty good indicator that things have gotten off the rails when your CRM has 4 updates a year, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter all with the option for your IT...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large company with 500+ users I guess Salesforce is the way to go, if you are small or mid size try something like Nutshell CRM.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

At first we had interesting bucket folders in Salesforce, we didn't know any better so for us it was the equivalent of a spreadsheet with categories for leads.

Updated On
Validated Review

The gold standard has grown so much that it's not really standard anymore. Aging interface

What do you like best?

It's ubiquitous. Every respectable company uses it, and therefore it has a broad user base. It has set the gold standard for CRM and therefore it has great features for almost every business big or small.

Since it's such a common CRM in the market, it has partnered with other big names like Marketo to integrate their products and reach a solid solution for larger organizations.

Mobile Applications are much better now, but they had some growing pains before. The Salesforce 1 platform architecture will allow for better integrations, more features and easier deployments.

What do you dislike?

SFDC provides an Outlook integration that was fantastic and simple, and has become a nightmare. It rarely works, it's not easy to use and it's a pain to update.

Salesforce was very successful in the beginning because they offered ONE product to medium customers. However, when they started working with larger companies, they also had to enable a lot of customizations for those customers requests That has transformed SFDC into a consulting firm first, and a service provider second. This model has left some questions about scalability, ease to do business with, and upgrading to newer platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small and avoid customizations. It's better to adhere to standards. Your company way of doing things today, is not necessarily the best way to do it. Use this as an opportunity to change processes and mechanisms to something standard, and avoid unnecessary costs and long implementations.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

CRM for a software company. We use SFDC to track all inbound leads, opportunities, forecasting and sales. The problem has been cultural, as in other organizations, because sales guys are lazy by nature when it comes to sharing information and reporting to management, so, it will always be a challenge. However, SFDC mobile applications should help us from now on (apps were terrible before!)

Validated Review

Salesforce is a key part of our technology strategy

What do you like best?

Salesforce is not just a CRM in the traditional sense. Their ability to create a platform that is easily linked to other business systems is world-class. As the leader of my company's technology team, we think of Salesforce as one of the critical pillars of our future state. They listen to their customers, but they also challenge us to change how we think about engaging with our customers. Then they work to provide the capabilities to do so. In terms of the companies that I've partnered with over my career, they're in the top two!

What do you dislike?

Salesforce is expensive, but you get what you pay for in life. Don't just jump in with both feet without fully understanding what goals you're trying to accomplish. Think about how many different ways you can utilize the system before you start out, then peel the onion one layer at a time. Their service is not great, but it is typical for large software companies (unfortunately!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about CRM as part of your overall technology landscape, then I wouldn't waste time looking any further. Spend your time investigating all of the connections you can make with Salesforce and how you can lay out a strategic implementation plan to fully take advantage of what they offer to your business. If you are thinking about CRM in isolation of the rest of your business, then you are less likely to actualize the full ROI potential of this service. A cheaper, less capable service may be a better fit for you.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Every person in our organization has some level of Salesforce license. We use them for CRM and we also utilized their work flow capabilities to manage our core business process. We integrated Salesforce with our proprietary web application in order to do this, employing Jitterbit as the middleware layer. We've increased efficiencies dramatically and decreased defects to our customers. We've engaged our internal user community into the system implementation and we have about 95% buy-in at this point.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

A terrible and expensive experience.....

What do you like best?

Nothing.... There is nothing here to like. It is impossible to set up. It promises to be amazing, but you cannot ever get it set up.

What do you dislike?

They wanted $1800.00 a year in advance. I refused and they agreed to accept 4 equal payments. Good thing for me. They got one payment from me but they will not get another, and they refuse to refund the first even though we have never been able to even get set up.

We have a lot of smart people that work here. This SF CRM is a NIGHTMARE!!! Impossible to set up with out their help which they require $400.00 for. We have invested 22 hours including over three hours on the phone and we still have not been set up. They are very good at sending canned emails that are very long and impossible to understand. I have not spoken to a single person there yet that I can understand. I cannot understand them, they cannot understand me, and none understands this CRM program. A massive waste of time and energy. Very frustrating.

All their phone banks are off world somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do to waste your money or time.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

None with this CRM. This is a nightmare..... an expensive time killing nightmare.....

Tags

* We monitor all Salesforce CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Salesforce CRM?