Salesforce CRM

Salesforce CRM

756 ratings
502 8.2 / 10
Request a Demo Watch a Demo
Salesforce Sales Cloud helps you close deals faster from anywhere, anytime.

Salesforce CRM Reviews (502 reviews)

• Salesforce is an incredibly powerful, rich, and functional CRM application. It is a good fit for SMB to large enterprise. It is very easy to administer, but has the... Read More
    0 oraogkkobh0ysv7 crwozzvopx0jhq7pbrwkzliopxzyhxy1ud5o9k3okbr8if01crdyzzces fpwks1beqgvkfq0 fgwrv0beqjy5vwqcvat63 rjcpoaqsx9zsgrsaoik jurkqxs
    Ben D.
    Executive Sponsor in Computer Networking
  • Fast implementation to track processes and information at a high degree of quality. To be honest one of the most productive tools ever delivered to the business world. Read More
    0 vrcz hipmvs0r06rbllf c87mk0grsbrctnf c8flvisfo8kj9tnygq38oxcpgnpn18qjl xfuvt
    Shane A.
    Administrator in Internet

How the Mighty have Fallen

What do you like best?

For a small to mid size business I suppose using Salesforce makes it sound like you are in the big leagues. It has name recognition, when you bring it up people know what you're talking about.

If you've got the cash to spend, you can hire a consultant to implement Salesforce for you. This is probably a good and bad thing.

What do you dislike?

I can barely being to talk about how bad Salesforce is. I understand they were once the leaders in CRM software (sorry "web application" ) but it's become a bloated mess that is surely going the way of Yahoo. It's not intuitive, they do not keep up to date with web standards and the interface is just a nightmare. You don't know how bad it is until you use a website with an intuitive interface that doesn't make you click a half a dozen times just to get to an edit screen. It's like the web engineers at Salesforce don't have any idea what inline editing is. We used Salesforce for 6 years and I always think about where we would be at if we had used a CRM tool that actually excited us. I'm so glad we've made the switch to a more modern CRM that actually tries to make sure you are spending no more than the time necessary on the site to get things done. I found Salesforce to be demoralizing for our sales team. The stupid Outlook plugin would crash all the time and we'd have to get someone...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large company with 500+ users I guess Salesforce is the way to go, if you are small or mid size try something like Nutshell CRM. Going with a smaller vendor has great advantages as they can push out updates a LOT quicker and have a smaller team that can make snap decisions on what's important while taking user feedback into account. I know it's trendy to always say "the user doesn't know what they want" but as someone who also works in enterprise software I find the real answer is more "they don't know how to explain what they want". A well run CRM tool will find out what the user wants.

The person who is CEO of your CRM actually affects you a lot too. Do you really think Benioff downloads random apps that don't affect his life? I know I do, because I'm very interested in seeing everything from login screens of new apps, swipe movements, menu drop downs, etc. I want to see it all and learn from it so that I myself can help make better applications. Salesforce...

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

At first we had interesting bucket folders in Salesforce, we didn't know any better so for us it was the equivalent of a spreadsheet with categories for leads.

Salesforce a continual journey

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a very customization platform that allows a business to tailor their solution with a great deal of precision. The openness of the Salesforce API's and the ability to do custom development on the platform allows a business to really take the system beyond simple customer relationship management.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce has been a bit slow to update/upgrade many of their legacy functionality. While I can understand their reasoning behind this, it can be frustrating. They have been making strides; however, I would also like to see many of the features that are being upgrade at an additional cost (e.g. the new Console) provided as a part of the solutions cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that Salesforce is a work in progress. You need to make sure that when you customize the solution to try to re-use as much of the out-of-the-box features as possible without creating new fields/objects/code. Salesforce is continually improving the solution and it's always painful to switch between something completely customized to switching back to something that is now available out-of-the-box or has been improved significantly.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I have been using Salesforce for going on 7 years now, and I have seen many different problems solved with the platform. There is the typical day-to-day management of basic customer interactions, but the business process automation is where the power of the platform really comes in handy. The AppExchange really helps expand this capability as well. With the varied solutions available, it makes it easy to have a one-stop-shop.

Validated Review

For a lack of better words...

What do you like best?

Salesforce is a beast. As a web developer with a computer science background, I can't help but favor programs that are built with scalability at the forefront. Salesforce allows for the ultimate customization. Create your dashboards, your fields, you reports, your formulas. Customize your Projects, Milestones, Tasks, etc. to fit exactly what you need. The level of customization has allowed for Salesforce to become a breeding ground for third party apps that integrate with the functionality of Salesforce and take it even further. You can use Salesforce as your center hub for client, project, and account information, and then use any number free and premium apps to build out proposals and invoices, manage finances, organize team collaboration, structure marketing campaigns, and more. Salesforce really is the all in one solution for a CRM.

What do you dislike?

What's great about Salesforce, can also be it's downfall. Since there are seemingly unlimited possibilities, it becomes very easy to get bogged down or overwhelmed by a huge palette of information and resources. This is especially true you're CRM needs aren't exactly complex. If you're just looking for a simple project management system among a small team with only a few clients, Salesforce might not be your best option. My company uses Salesforce, and it's beyond perfect for our sales and marketing teams. However, I'm a web designer/developer, so most of what I use Salesforce for is project management and time tracking. This is where I've ran into most of my frustration. I end up with so many unused fields and have to bury down into a project, then into a milestone, then into a task in order to even reach where I can track time. Aside from the occasional tediousness and feeling of being overwhelmed, there really isn't a whole lot of bad things to say about Saleforce. Even though...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Salesforce! Even if you're still small and feel that a beast like Salesforce might be a bit beyond your scope, it's better to go for something that you can grow into instead of having to switch everything over down the road. We all know that any kind of moving is a pain and that there's always something that seems to get lost in the process. Salesforce is ultimately what you make it. If you need it to be small at the moment, then you can make it small and have it grow as you grow!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

One of the biggest benefits has been able to keep track of due dates for projects, as well as the milestones and tasks within a project. When you feel like you're doing the work of two people, it's necessary to have an efficient way to keep your activities organized. Although I would like a more efficient means to visually see my workflow, Salesforce still manages to keep me on track. Also, as a company, we've recently subscribed to the services of Tinderbox as a proposal and agreement builder platform. I've been amazed at how seamless we've been able to integrate our Salesforce information into the Tinderbox App for SF to easily and efficiently build out these documents. It definitely beats the outdated method of using macros between MS Word and Excel like we had been doing!

Impressive across any Indusrty

What do you like best?

My teams within my current organization and previous used SF day in and day out to improve our metrics. Without SF I would not be able to function in an organized manner.

SalesForce allows for all team members to collaborate and track clients in one clean arena. The biggest advantage is the ability to start tracking prospects and leads and turn them into closed business. We are able to watch the sales cycle from beginning to end.

What do you dislike?

It can be heavy on the data entry, but only if you make it. SF allows us to determine which fields we want or don't want. Previously I was using the enterprise edition for a very large financial institution. We used the best features of SF far less than I do now with a small tech firm of 20. The less oversight we have the more functionality we can get on the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have trialed several other CRMs but none seem to compete with the completeness of SalesForce. Go ahead and pul the trigger on it. Otherwise you will always wonder "what if".

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have multiple teams using the platform to prospect, and import leads found from other sources. SalesForce makes it easy for us to bring in excel docs and other docs to turn contacts into potential buyers.

Validated Review

The gold standard has grown so much that it's not really standard anymore. Aging interface

What do you like best?

It's ubiquitous. Every respectable company uses it, and therefore it has a broad user base. It has set the gold standard for CRM and therefore it has great features for almost every business big or small.

Since it's such a common CRM in the market, it has partnered with other big names like Marketo to integrate their products and reach a solid solution for larger organizations.

Mobile Applications are much better now, but they had some growing pains before. The Salesforce 1 platform architecture will allow for better integrations, more features and easier deployments.

What do you dislike?

SFDC provides an Outlook integration that was fantastic and simple, and has become a nightmare. It rarely works, it's not easy to use and it's a pain to update.

Salesforce was very successful in the beginning because they offered ONE product to medium customers. However, when they started working with larger companies, they also had to enable a lot of customizations for those customers requests That has transformed SFDC into a consulting firm first, and a service provider second. This model has left some questions about scalability, ease to do business with, and upgrading to newer platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small and avoid customizations. It's better to adhere to standards. Your company way of doing things today, is not necessarily the best way to do it. Use this as an opportunity to change processes and mechanisms to something standard, and avoid unnecessary costs and long implementations.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

CRM for a software company. We use SFDC to track all inbound leads, opportunities, forecasting and sales. The problem has been cultural, as in other organizations, because sales guys are lazy by nature when it comes to sharing information and reporting to management, so, it will always be a challenge. However, SFDC mobile applications should help us from now on (apps were terrible before!)

Tags

* We monitor all Salesforce CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Salesforce CRM?