Salesforce Customer Portal

Your customers and agents can even interact in the ideas and answers communities.You'll see loyalty go up while your service costs go down.

Work for Salesforce Customer Portal?

Learning about Salesforce.com?

Salesforce Customer Portal Reviews

Ask Salesforce.com a Question
Showing 64 Salesforce.com reviews
Salesforce.com review by Canio C.
Canio C.

"Why would you go with anything else?"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to make changes to the platform, that you can almost get in trouble doing it. But, there is so much documentation out there you can literally find an answer for anything. Also, the user community is incredible, it's a different experience than what you have for Microsoft or any tool that I can think of. Also you can very easily customize it to your business. Lastly what I'll say is depending on where you are at least a couple of times a year they have events (free usually) that you can meet with other users and see what's going on with the product.

What do you dislike?

It's so easy to go down a rabbit hole and create something that ends up being totally pointless or encourages a bad process. You can make changes so easily that if you haven't thought them out properly they really can reek havoc on your business and it can create a sort of negative attitude with the tool. SF is also changing from "classic" to "Lightning" which for people on the old version means learning how to use the tool again. It also means that as an admin you have to learn two systems and move between the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you buy the right version. Start small and scale up. You can't do everything at once so don't pay for Pardot, CPQ, Service Cloud, Sales Cloud etc all at once if you are going to roll out the tool to different departments each quarter

Our sales folks are so much more efficient it's amazing. Deals are being closed faster and more customers are contacted much more frequently. As you get more comfortable with the tool (we use the EE edition) then you can make triggers and automate things that keep the effort down to a minimum and the people using the tool feeling like they are serving the customer and not the analytics department.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Customer Portal
Salesforce.com review by Administrator

"Review of Salesforce Customer Portal"

What do you like best?

Collaborative portals and social discussion forums are best in class with Salesforce.

SalesForce is best in class when it comes to CRM and its capabilities. Several systems integrate with Salesforce. In our organization, we have integrated SalesForce with Celigo, NetSuite, TSheets, Box, SImpplr Intranet and Microsoft Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if there were nice training vidoes around it. There is really nothing else to not like. They did a great job. Creating reports and Dashboards could have been a little easier. I am sure they are working on some advanced training tools for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product, glad we went live with it.

My advice to other users looking to use SalesForce is "GO for it, you really cannot go wrong with this tool"

It is an open CRM which can connect to pretty much anything. The workflow and functionality is simply awesome!

System and people collaboration, system integration. SalesForce is our system of record and we are pleased with SalesForce. Its a great product.

What Portals solution do you use?

Salesforce.com review by Sudhakar D.
Sudhakar D.

"Solution 360 Customer Support solution"

What do you like best?

We really liked the Lightning Console which gives complete view of the customer. It gives 360-degree view of customer and deliver support for mobile app. It very configure it with exisiting Support system. Ofcourse Salesforce gives a best customer support.It’s this connected world that we’re striving towards. With technologies such as Salesforce and our professional partners, we really can deliver this connected customer experience.It was more about what a CRM on cloud and what are the broad benefits it is delivering organization wide.

What do you dislike?

Reports need to tweak to get the desired output. Employee Management need to be little more easier to operate, it ignores lot of common scenarios

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take trails before adopting it. Only use services which are needed by your company.

We used Service Cloud to manage all its interactions with employers, from acquisition to support.It helped to achieve greater transparency and active discussions on how customer processes should handled. Managers have instant access to information on opportunities and support cases. They can analyse performance of a particular market, organisation or process; and display this information in the office.

Salesforce.com review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great product provided by number 1 CRM"

What do you like best?

We implemented customer community (what used to be customer portal) about a year ago. We built membership portal there, integrated with learning management software and built an estore.

It’s s great tool to build a robust customer portal experience with minimum coding.

It’s part of our Salesforce CRM and as such it was easy to build 360 degree customer view and let customers interact with the organization and update their own information .

What do you dislike?

It requires community licenses, depending on the number of licensed needed cost can add up. However Salesforce offered “pool of licenses”, that helps to control the cost.

We built member portal on the customer community to interact with our members, Give them access to their company info(to update), built member directory and estore.

Because it’s a part of our SF CRM we don’t need to integrate it with the backend system. Information from the portal flows directly to our CRM.

We we also able to connect estore with the accounting system that lives within SF realm.

Portal requires minimal maintainace and can be built/managed with minimal to no coding.

Salesforce.com review by Samuel K.
Samuel K.

"Personalized Access for Clients, More Engagement, More Collaboration, and Easily Deployed"

What do you like best?

Seamless implementation (Native functionality = Great Control and Flexibility) from a company who sets the standards for corporate culture. Salesforce Customer Portal allows us to connect with our clients, many of which prefer an online solution over email/phone.

What do you dislike?

Scope creep when it comes to building business process.

Connecting with customers to enhance the customer journey and experience. Issues can quickly and easily be resolved without the need to pick up a phone or send an email. Customers log their issues directly into the same systems our sales, delivery, support, product, leadership, etc. teams use. This visibility is invaluable to growing the business, identifying opportunities, and identifying core product enhancements.

Salesforce.com review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

Salesforce literally touches every aspect of our business. We can manage people, deals, buildings, revenue, and marketing.

What do you dislike?

I find it clumsy to replace a lot of data at one time (example - if I wanted to change every "CFO" in my database to read "Chief Financial Officer," I need to export all of my contacts, replace the text in Excel, and then import all of the contacts. There should be functionality to do this within the program. Additionally, if I want to add an activity on every contact in a group (perhaps a note that a marketing piece was mailed), I need to go through the same export/excel/import hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely install the Dupe Eliminator app.

I find it essential when working as part of a team that everyone have access to the same information. Rather than working independently and stepping on one another's toes, my group can work collectively to meet our business goals.

Salesforce.com review by AJ A.
AJ A.

"Massive solution does almost everything"

What do you like best?

customization is what this software is about. ties in to O365 very easily and cuts down time and effort.

What do you dislike?

you cannot use it right out of the box. salesforce sells you the solution but then have to find a consultant to help you set it up

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to it do not expect to start using it right away, invest in a 3rd party consultant to tailor it for your need. this will save you so much time and money

CRM, web interface for interaction, and payment tracking

Salesforce.com review by Christina S. B.
Christina S. B.

"Great tool to help with sales over many departments"

What do you like best?

Sell, service, market, and build apps all on a single platform. It is very user friendly and even being the admin where you need to create reports and dashboards, the free online training Is great!

What do you dislike?

some of the standard field sets cannot be customized. we ran into an issue, and although we created a work around, it would have just been easier to customize or turn off a standard feature.

We are trying to track sales, as well as retention. we have 2 departments currently on the system and hoping for a 3rd maybe next year or so. We have been able to easily track accounts and who is reaching out to them so there is not duplication of customer contact etc. It has been really helpful and everyone seems to like the features.

Salesforce.com review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Valuable Tool to Coordinate Among Business Partners"

What do you like best?

The reporting function allows us to easily monitor status at our business partners.

Can control exactly which fields are visible to ensure InfoSec compliance.

What do you dislike?

The login url isn't robust and causes a lot of user confusion. Even worse is after auto-logout, by default portal user is taken to generic login screen that will refuse their password as they aren't logging in at the portal url

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to understand if you want to use portal or community.

Communication with our manufacturing partners for work (job) orders. By eliminating paper we've ensured the latest edition of instructions reach the person actually performing the work. Salesforce reporting functions allow us to track metrics such as number of jobs open and average time to completion.

Salesforce.com review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Salesforce Customer Portal "

What do you like best?

Salesforce Customer Portal is a software used in my daily routine in the pharmaceutical industry. This program allows me to organize hundreds of business accounts by master ID. Each account is organized by a parent and child account. The account profile has information regarding the healthcare provider at each location.

What do you dislike?

I have not run into many issues with this program after using it for almost a full year. It tends to freeze if there are multiple windows open, but this has not been a big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program to other employees in the health care industry. This program is very easy to use and the format displays all of the options at the top of the screen. You are able to add and delete information as you go along in the business as well as see which providers are at each location. The program is beneficial to small and large businesses depending on the number of clients in your region. It is also on the cheaper side compared to other programs in the market.

Salesforce Customer Portal offers a wide variety of solutions to small business problems. It is a great organizational tool that allows you to see all of your accounts and add information throughout the quarter.

Salesforce.com review by Ihsan F.
Ihsan F.

"One of best CRM"

What do you like best?

I like it's integration with jetbrains IDE, because it's helps us a lot in the development process, speed up our works, also it have features that will cover all of your developers need, like Extensive code navigation also Integrated API documentation, it also have probably the best user experience compared to it's other competitors.

What do you dislike?

i don't like the limitation of sending mass emails and storage spaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several CRM you could pick, but salesforce probably the best for your development and your customer, it have intuitive user experience, good supports and good integrations.

Salesforce helps us manage our customers issues, also helps our customer supports and increase our customer satisfactions.

Salesforce.com review by Andreas K.
Andreas K.

"Salesforce is one of the best CRM"

What do you like best?

This solution is delivered over the web, which means you will be able to access it anywhere as long as you are connected to the Internet. This will also let your company deliver customer information from any data source and allows multiple departments to engage with customers online and share with them applications built on on-demand platform.

What do you dislike?

This web heavy solutions also means you will have limited off-line access to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With customization as key component to Salesforce Customer Portal. It will help any business in any industry to have their own custom solution CRM. And don't forget Salesforce dedication to support. This platform will help any companies to grow and I would recommended in a heartbeat.

One of my clients was looking for an easy solution to house their sales database. After seeking a several options. We decided to deploy Salesforce Customer Portal solution.

With search and knowledge base capabilities, along with full online case management, we deploy this solution in less than a week. And they've been using it ever since. From sales management, collaboration customers data, my client has reinvigorated it's customer service and produced a solid core in their sales data workflow.

Salesforce.com review by Go-eun S.
Go-eun S.

"Great customer organizer "

What do you like best?

I can even find a customer with a wrong name. They automatically bring me all names close to what I type

What do you dislike?

It happened only once though, when I pulled up information of a customer to send an email, a link to email her that was supposed to be there didn't show up for some reason. I believe it is just an error.

When customers ask me how their cases are going, I can pull up their information under which all of process are logged so that I can walk them through the status of cases even when I'm not in charge of their cases.

Salesforce.com review by User in Internet

"Great Organization for Sales and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Ability to run multiple types of reports and see communications at all levels. I like that I can see the last activity of an account and the last communication to a contact.

Multiple reporting is great to be able to slice and dice the information as needed.

I also love that Salesforce has so many integrations internally and externally so it can all work together.

What do you dislike?

It takes some getting used to, to understand the capabilities (in order to capitalize on them) and create reports. I think the report building can get confusing since fields are grouped together.

I believe my company ended up having to hire someone to actually manipulate the fields/display for our specific use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely need someone in house to be the 'expert' in order to manage, maintain and edit the portal as needed.

We used it to track support cases and allow customers to search solutions to hopefully fix their issue or answer their questions.

Salesforce.com review by Bogdan V.
Bogdan V.

"Salesforce is the main node for all customer and business related information."

What do you like best?

I can find almost any information related to customers: contact info, the business we're currently having with them, open cases, etc.

What do you dislike?

The navigation is not that user-friendly/intuitive, having to click a lot to find the desired information.

I can easily see current clients' issues to which I can add my input and see the progress towards a certain issue's resolve.

Salesforce.com review by Will H.
Will H.

"Solutions-Oriented Salesforce Customer Portal"

What do you like best?

Giving our clients access to their sales rep and other support staff without requiring them to make a phone call.

What do you dislike?

Internally, making sure that our sales reps are trained on the platform, and remain "on brand" when interacting with clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend some time training your team on how to use it. If you have clients who aren't technically savvy, they may still not understand how to use it, even if you spend time training them.

Giving our clients the feeling that we're really part of their team. In terms of benefits, our sales reps use it as a sales point when attempting to upsell or renew a client.

Salesforce.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best Place to create our own customized community portal"

What do you like best?

Makes easy for customers to find everything they wanted at a single place.

Easy to communicate with peers

Helps to browse the articles at one place.

Helps to solve customer facing problems in very less amount of time

What do you dislike?

Only few templates are available as of now for building communities .It would be great if we can have more in build templates

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of best one to use if you are planning to a build a new portal.

Utilize existing capabilities for building your own templates fast and in less time.

Great User Interface for Customer to solve the problems easily.

Helped customers a lot to chatter with others.

Single Place to store all the knowledge articles

Faster Performance helps to close deals easily.

Great UI for mobile and desktop experience

Salesforce.com review by Parag V.
Parag V.

"Simple, Easy to Use Platform with Great Results"

What do you like best?

It's provide a one stop location to manage my multi-channel marketing campaigns. Overall, the platform is easy to use. I am an enterprise 1.0 user, so I know most if not all new clients are on the 2.0 platform, but the 1.0 environment - and from what I've seen the 2.0 environment as well - is intuitive and user-friendly. Additionally, they've always been good in thinking outside the box to help us develop solutions for our particular business model, which is unique.

What do you dislike?

I would say the reports are what I like least. At times, I'll take the data out of the system and work on my own reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are definitely leaders in the industry. They are cheaper than a lot of the other big companies, and the usability is way better.

I work for a nonprofit organization, so we're always doing as much as we can to get high results with limited resources. I love using the Salesforce Marketing Cloud for all of our e-marketing needs. It's simple and easy to use - and the data management tools are great for measuring how many of our donors are actually engaging with our work and what elements of our reporting are most valuable to them.

Salesforce.com review by Charlie F.
Charlie F.

"Clunky and Outdated"

What do you like best?

I like that it is highly customizable and integrates with a lot of other applications that we use. It can also be used for Sales, Marketing, and Support all in one platform.

What do you dislike?

Its clunky and every click loads a new page. I found myself opening each page in a new tab, so that I didn't have to wait for it to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look for a more modern, less expensive CRM. There are tons of options now a days.

We were solving for customer relationship management, marketing automation & mass communication, and managing our support tickets. We've been able to customize the platform to solve for all three of these problems.

Salesforce.com review by User in Computer Software

"Salesforce Customer Portal Review"

What do you like best?

I like everything about it! It is super user-friendly, and I feel like I can update and review my accounts quickly and efficiently. There is a nice "flow."

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, expect for the software to continue to become more user intuitive. I appreciate the thought and the user research that has obviously gone on for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, test it, review it and see if it fits your needs - You will love it!

We are solving the lack of communication between sales teams, because everyone can access the updates and see it in real time. It also allows for accountability on those that need to update data in the system so we can report accurately.

Salesforce.com review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Easy to use when things are set up for you"

What do you like best?

Ability to track EVERYTHING. There are great integration products, like Cirrus, that makes it really easy to track everything from emails to scheduled calls. Makes it really easy to track account history, information, and statuses.

What do you dislike?

Reports and Charts should be easier to create. It would be nice to be able to create some custom reports for myself, but the creation process is super complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll need someone on your team to be an expert report creator in order to realize that benefit.

We would be lost without salesforce. Tracking opportunities and existing client accounts. Makes transitioning accounts or covering for another team member seamless since anyone can check out the history of that customer.

Salesforce.com review by Steve F.
Steve F.

"The best CRM on the planet, hands down!"

What do you like best?

Most flexible, most feature rich, most responsive to new ideas, new development, and new opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It's intimidating for end users! Hard to get people to buy into the product when they have a hard time dealing with the learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's well worth your efforts to consider this product - your firm will grow if you use this correctly!

Integration of business departments and providing management with a single point of data for so many moving parts. Our clients that have chosen to use this software find that it has helped solidify their accounts, address issues faster, and even respond to customers faster.

It's a win/win/win for my client, their customers, and myself!

Salesforce.com review by Mary Beth H.
Mary Beth H.

"Useful, numerous features, flexible reporting"

What do you like best?

I like the flexible reporting and dashboards - Easy to setup, and very user-friendly, We can create multiple reports for different purposes.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive! Hard to customize if you are not familiar with Salesforce 101.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need flexible reporting and dashboards, this is the way to go. The expense is worth it.

Sales management, hotlist management, qualified leads. System has reduced administrative time with generating reports and managing activity.

Salesforce.com review by Santosh Y.
Santosh Y.

"Salesforce Moves Business"

What do you like best?

The best part about the software is how dynamic it is. The entire platform is built on a sales and networking foundation, however, the level of extendability is beyond expression. From small businesses to large corporations, SFDC allows developers to extend the existing platform beyond ever imagined, allowing any business from any field to thrive on the cloud.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike in salesforce customer portal. This is a complete package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, it's a great product. If you need to improve your business process, cannot spend too much money, and want to have a good ROI within 3 years, Salesforce is the application for you.

It's great for connecting us with our clients. I love how we can add new features to customize Salesforce for our business needs.

Salesforce.com review by User in Research
User in Research

"User friendly, no complaints"

What do you like best?

I liked that the portal was easy for all parties to use. It didn't take much time for people to pick it up. We preferred it to our previous portal.

What do you dislike?

I didn't really have any issues with the portal. We were all been happy with the way that it was implemented in our day to day work and felt that it was better than our previous portal.

We used it for staffing and traffic through our site. We have liked how easy it is for everyone to use. We realized that it was more user friendly than other alternatives.

Salesforce.com review by XuanAng C.
XuanAng C.

"A very user friendly CRM platform"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and easy to learn. Very clear in sales transaction history

What do you dislike?

It`s a little bit hard to tailor made the fields in each report to download and the charts is also not easy to create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For sure to nominate a power user in your team so the new users can ask questions

Nowadays, we can`t live without Salesforce customer portal. We use it to interact with customers and clients. Our customers can update their information on the platform and we can easily track it everyday!

Salesforce.com review by Brianne M.
Brianne M.

"Awesome tool"

What do you like best?

If it weren't for salesforce, my company wouldn't be able to function so the fact that it's very easy to use and that everything can be done on one platform is great!

What do you dislike?

The customization is a bit all over the place and takes more time than necessary

Being able to connect with our clients

Salesforce.com review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Salesforce gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to track relationship histories in Salesforce. We are able to keep tabs on long term conversations with partners

What do you dislike?

There could be better document management on the platform to version control.

We are now have an organized system to keep tabs on external relationships. We are able to much better report to our donors.

Salesforce.com review by Jordan J.
Jordan J.

"User friendly, good product"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and the design is intuitive

What do you dislike?

Just like most other tech giants, you pay a little more than you’d like, but it is what it is.

The customer portal makes it very easy to view details and take care of most anything you’d need to do on a regular basis.

"Not my Favorite"

What do you like best?

I guess I like it because I’m used to it. Other than that I really don’t.

What do you dislike?

I struggled when I started with it, it just doesn’t seem logically organized to me. Some of the menus are in sections that are completely not relevant to what you would need to access them for.

I get everything done that I need to. I wouldn’t say I solve problems with Salesfirce. I would say I solve problems. Sales force does what it’s supposed to. I don’t seem to be adept at the operation of it perhaps.

Salesforce.com review by Adeeya P.
Adeeya P.

"Best CRM I've used"

What do you like best?

I like the integration features within Salesforce. As a Sales Ops Specialist, I've worked with integrsting multiple softwares like insideview, ZoomInfo, Avention etc within Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is minimal and we have to rely on consultants for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please go ahead and make the plunge

We are able to bring all our customer stories and sales people together with the platform.

Salesforce.com review by Jared D.
Jared D.

"Great for organizing prospects and making salesmen accountable"

What do you like best?

We like the ability to run reports and compare fiscal quarters and years

What do you dislike?

We wish it would cost less, but also know it has increased our salesmen accountability

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a team of 10 or more salesmen this is a must have.

Better evaluation of each salesmen based on actual sales data

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Review for Salesforce Customer Portal"

What do you like best?

The reporting functions are very helpful for monitoring business partners' statuses.

Single platform is great for basically all sales and service needs

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to set up, needed outside assistance when the product was first received

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would really recommend having someone walk over the setup process and do a tutorial of sorts.

Mainly being able to track our partners' statuses and go in depth to see who is performing what task. Great as an online interaction tool so that you can go paperless.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Review for Salesforce Customer Portal"

What do you like best?

Usability

Integrated with the Salesforce CRM platform

Easy integration with open APIs

Easy to customize the look and feel

What do you dislike?

Expensive compared to other vendors but still cheaper than the core Salesforce products (service cloud, sales cloud, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Especially if you have salesforce as your CRM, the customer portal provides a seamless integration to your customer and partners for self-service capabilities

Omni-channel Self service use cases for customer and partners

Benefits: call deflection, integrated knowledge base, can be integrated to Livechat for the chat channel, TCO reduction

Salesforce.com review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Helpful source for networking"

What do you like best?

The website is useful for networking, since I've been able to track down former colleagues that have moved around and might not be on Linkedin.

What do you dislike?

Some of the contact data can be quite generic (such as in the case of it auto-defaulting to a corporate headquarter address) or dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More often than not, I have found the address of the contact person to be of a generic corporate headquarters vs. the person's specific office location.

I've used the website to be able to find contact info for potential new clients, as well as re-establishing existing business relationships with former co-workers.

Salesforce.com review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Good product, attention to customers and satisfaction."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Integration with our other systems is key and this does it. It's really easy to use. Users and customers, salespeople, etc. like it. It's popular. More popular than others we have tried.

What do you dislike?

Not sure what people don't like. I'm not as close to it to really talk about that aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure.

Getting to statistics is easier. It's the first product in this category that has actually worked for us, and that we are satisfied with.

Salesforce.com review by Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.

"Pretty good and company standard"

What do you like best?

I have used it at various sales and costumer service jobs in the past, is really user friendly and easy to pick up.

What do you dislike?

Small bug glitches, cannot recall specific instances.

Capturing costumer orders quickly and accurately.

Salesforce.com review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Fine solution for streamlining mass applications"

What do you like best?

All of our application materials to our advanced degree programs can come to one place. There is much less paper, and all people involved can see the applications

What do you dislike?

It has never been an issue, but some people are uncomfortable with the idea of uploading a letter of recommendation to the site as they feel it is unsecured. I also loathe the insistence of changing my password every month.

Our institution (Land grant 4 year college) bought salesforce to streamline the admissions process. It has allowed multiple people access to records without countless pieces of paper. We have consolidated our program application from 2 separate ones to one.

Salesforce.com review by Keoni G.
Keoni G.

"Salesforce Review"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and intigrates with majority of all softwares and can be easily intergrated into marketing tools like Marketo or Data.com which is why we moved over to salesforce

What do you dislike?

the total cost to keep the licesnse annually, the cost keeps going up

Recommendations to others considering the product

test out your envoronment first

None at the moment

Salesforce.com review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Salesforce is a great tool with lots of customizations."

What do you like best?

Portal loads very quick. Great customizations can be done with less effort. Support from salesforce is pretty good.

What do you dislike?

No support for public cloud systems like amazon EC2. Moving away from salesforce can be tricky and difficult process.

It lets us easily create web pages that are exposed to customers. Customers can write reviews about their experience buying our products and this helps other customers with their shopping experience.

Salesforce.com review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Full featured portal that allows customers access to their Salesforce data"

What do you like best?

Very customize-able and integrates with Salesforce. Can configure customer contacts to login and access salesforce data. Easily update fields and submit service requests.

What do you dislike?

We'd like to see more customized branding and integration with our website. Reports take require consultant to create. Publishing additional entities takes custom programming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a basic portal, would like to see integration with our website and billing features.

Allow customers to update their data easily through Salesforce.

Salesforce.com review by Consultant

"Sales Team Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and learn, intuitive user interface, easy reporting

What do you dislike?

Would like more flexibility in the fields and in the way in which reports can be downloaded and received. It would be good to have different role assignments such that the reports specifically my management team needs to see are constantly updated and in their dashboard view.

Reporting, KPIs and other metrics I need to measure for my sales team.

Salesforce.com review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Salesforce enables engagement and the results are game changing"

What do you like best?

Salesforce enables comprehensive and holistic engagement with constituents. and when done right the results are measurable and meaningful. in one use case, we needed to increase applications among a target group. we used to send an email and hope.

What do you dislike?

The Basic Product works well as Out of the Box. Building Current Business Processes took more effort than was projected.

Customer and employee management

Salesforce.com review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Excellent tool "

What do you like best?

I like the way this integrated with all the other products I use for customer tracking and tickets

What do you dislike?

I don't like how hard it is to navigate in the system. Search or better UI/menu options could go a long way

We have connected our sales team, customer service team and support with all our related products

Salesforce.com review by Harry L.
Harry L.

"Nice idea "

What do you like best?

Nice idea this from Salesforce offering effectively a self service portal to allow your customers to engage within your communities. Find answers to questions and contribute themselves in terms of their expert knowledge. The idea here is to build a community and engage more with your customers. They can be invited to chatter, cases, support and much more. Fantastic.

What do you dislike?

In many cases your customers won't want to / have the time or desire. Many customers loved the idea but simply did not

Go on and use it. It us hard sometimes to get my own people to yes and work with salesforce, let alone customers to whome salesforce us alien to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Costs come into play here and your business model / customer base need to WANT this and I mean not just say so but really use it. If they don't it becomes time consuming, possibly costly and more flash than bang.

Enhanced community partnership with customers and givethem more access information and control.

Salesforce.com review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Neutral "

What do you like best?

This is very user friendly. Nothing mind blowing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing negative either. Haven’t found negatives yet.

Benefits and account setups

"Improved experience"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to customize. That is very helpful and makes my experience much easier.

What do you dislike?

It's still a little clunky, but that's partly to do with the many tabs that I use.

Efficiency

Salesforce.com review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Salesforce is one of the most used customer portal in CRM space"

What do you like best?

Salesforce has a user-friendly functionality where any new user can able to understand and use it

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found any issues with while using Salesforce

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others to switch Salesforce customer portal which is the best portal in the marketplace.

Salesforce helped us to resolve our customer relationship activities.

Salesforce.com review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Pretty Useful"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see updates made by all the companies we coordinate with through Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to find what I'm looking for.

It helps us be more productive and efficient by letting us know if a job has been cancelled or put on hold before we start it.

Salesforce.com review by User in Computer Software

"Visual and easy to use yet robust enough to handle all complex relationship management tasks."

What do you like best?

Change information, sort information, query database to find information quickly, filters to merge duplicate information.

What do you dislike?

Add ons offer additional functionality but make SFDC more complicated without a comparable reward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the tutorials to learn ways of using SFDC more efficiently.

Easily keep track of customers, dates and content of communication. Good program to construct historical data on account.

Salesforce.com review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"New User to Salesforce Customer Portal"

What do you like best?

I like that this product integrates with other products we use

What do you dislike?

So far, I don't have complaints. This is still quite new to me.

We use this software to assist our customers with their accounts

Salesforce.com review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Sales Force Gets it done"

What do you like best?

Highly configureable, Easy Of Use, Fast, Runs on Any of my devices!

What do you dislike?

Wish it had a better Event Reminder System. Wish it would do an easier job of paging from one record to the next in a list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works! Best solution out there!

Forecasting. Activity Tracking!

"Customer Portal"

What do you like best?

Having the same interface helps a lot, no need to close a window and open another. I like having everything in the same place.

What do you dislike?

Flip side, if I forget to switch back to the SF veresion it makes it work repetitive.

Centralized management of my contacts and data

Salesforce.com review by G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting
G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting

"I use it everyday"

What do you like best?

The ease of looking up our contacts and seeing the history of what they have received or the activity they've had with our company.

What do you dislike?

It takes a minute to learn just how much it can do, but worth it.

Having one location to store our contacts and their activity history. It also works well with our marketing automation system.

Salesforce.com review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Good product"

What do you like best?

Interface and ease of use of this product

What do you dislike?

Too much information and not intuitive at times

Eliminating manual update of the prospective leads

Salesforce.com review by carol m.
carol m.

"SalesForce Customer Portal"

What do you like best?

Nice UI for sales to capture customer information and trasnaction historal

What do you dislike?

limited complex reporting capability about customer

Capture sales interaction w/ customer and detail notes about customer view point

Salesforce.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Average Customer Portal "

What do you like best?

Simple and straightforward- nothing is too confusing

What do you dislike?

Nothing super snazzy or exciting - could definitely use some improvements that still keep the product simplicity.

Allow our customers to have insight to project tracking, issue tracking, and provide feedback

Salesforce.com review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Salesforce Customer Portal is incredibly user friendly, with great customer service and customization.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product

Setup a customizable portal for client needs to display relevant information to end users

Salesforce.com review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Easy to navigate "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate thru tabs and customize them

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it times out when I exceed time limits

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this software for anyone looking to easily search thru information

Able to organize communications and access information easier

Salesforce.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great product, but setting it up is not as easy as we thought"

What do you like best?

It's a customer portal - I like that customers can come to it and get the relevant information

What do you dislike?

Setting it up was not as easy or as fun as we expected initially

Setting up a customer portal - a centralized place for my customers

Salesforce.com review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great customer portal"

What do you like best?

Single system with CRM allowing for a 365 degree view of clients

What do you dislike?

Expensive option compared to competitors

Full customer support experience along with self help to help deflect inquiries

Salesforce.com review by User in Higher Education

"It Works Fine"

What do you like best?

It's easy to find customers, and is customizable.

What do you dislike?

It's doesn't synchronize well with other programs we use and not always enough info captured on customer

This is how we keep track of our prospects

Salesforce.com review by Administrator

"Just went live on Salesforce Service Cloud 3 weeks ago"

What do you like best?

Extremely happy with our recent Go-live on Service Cloud.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I do not have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None at this time.

Collaboration with our customers.

Salesforce.com review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Good Free Option, But Salesforce Discontinuing Soon"

What do you like best?

This is a great, free, option, that Salesforce originally had with Service Cloud a few years ago. Our customers are able to log into the portal and see exactly what the status is on their open cases and manage from there, so a great self service model.

What do you dislike?

It sounds like Salesforce will be discontinuing this free, self service option in the very near future. Not very customizable, but what do you expect for free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in while you can and see if your customers like the self service option. But understand that eventually it will cost you money, but it's still worth trying out right now and see what kind of feedback you get from customers prior to spending a lot of money on a full blown Self Service portal.

Learning about Salesforce Customer Portal?

* We monitor all Salesforce Customer Portal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.