Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Badge 1417703253

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

171 8.3 / 10
Compare Watch a Demo
Salesforce Marketing Cloud email marketing tool (formerly ExactTarget) is a targeted email marketing provider for Fortune 500 and Small Businesses alike.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Reviews (171)

Robust- scalable, handles millions of emails in a simultaneous burst. Reporting is silid, valuble, allows us to keep our delivery rate at 99% on average. Optout... Read More
0 ljrrcp6cptcjhqeaau8fcrgbpkloc da1px7crhbit5agnoljrhpmknw oa33zhjko a4bykwh7o
Peter H.
Administrator in Accounting
0 cv5yq4cdpwqcabdzh4q quidpw3v2qzzhrliqu1miez51k74apvkhrbb ite71mn jbcwp3moqae
Julie C.
Administrator in Internet

Former Exact Target/ Salesforce Marketing Cloud

What do you like best?

The interface is very sleek looking and sometimes the customer support is quick to respond to issues.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. This product is by far the hardest software I have ever had to work with. Not only is it insanely slow to load, the integration with Salesforce is basically only available for new customers. I purchased exact target a year ago and because of this my Salesforce integration is almost non existent and cannot be upgraded according to the people at at exact target. On top of that, the layout of exact target is not user friendly at all - I swear I spend half of my day clicking around instead of actually being able to send out emails and manage them. It doesn't track replies unless you get reply manager which is an additional 1,000 a year (which is a tool for automatic replies - but what if you don't need that?) The customer support is responsive when there is urgent issues, however they do not offer training to new customer which I find extremely insane. I would not recommend this product to anyone, ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have only had negative experiences using exact target so I would recomment no one use it. It seems like Par Dot is a much better product so I would suggest marketers looking into email marketing go toward that instead of ET. That product seems more user friendly and offers what looks like to be a better product with less useless bells and whistles.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The only benefit of exact target for me thus far is checking the open rate of my emails, other than that it is making my job more complicated than it needs to be.

Exact Target Enterprise--Scalable and highly functional for limited teams

What do you like best?

The Relationship Managers, always eager to help, the Support line if there's ever a question (even down to telling me my forgotten class schedule) are major pluses. Love the detailed tracking for sends, Automation Studio for teams where the I is more prevalent than the we, and the self-serve capacity of the tool. Help if I need it, but well packaged if I don't and need to schedule a timely email at 2am. Triggered emails, Automation, b2c or b2b, it can handle it all.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve to niche product lines (like Automation Studio) for first time users. As a busy professional with limited resources, unless I call the support line, pour through forums or take a paid class, it's sink or swim. Wish Best Practices were more prevalent and for any users using one of these product lines, spend the cash on a certified partner or professional services implementation. Automation pros should look elsewhere for a fully baked solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not familiar with the in's and out's of Exact Target (acquired by Salesforce in the not too distant past which gives some serious heavy lifting to this solution), it'll be slow going. Luckily, the Relationship Managers and 3Sixty, the user community forum, provides a learning curve that will help novices along. Practitioners and admins alike will find the somewhat intuitive navigation becomes second nature. For the C-Suite, the pricing is easy to explain and the ROI even easier to explain.

Plan on spending some time up front to get used to the system, especially Journey Builder and Automation Studios or other niche products, but plan on being wowed by the friendly support lines and Relationship Managers.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We use Exact Target for several functions: Part Email Marketing Solution, part Marketing Automation and specifically aimed at funneling contacts, leads and opportunities along the purchasing funnel within targeted personas, industries and additionally through our customer lifecycle. As a limited team, Exact Target allows us to operate as a bigger team than we are.

Updated On
Validated Review

Our email program is on a whole new level since switching to Exact Target.

What do you like best?

I like that we have all of our emails under one umbrella now. Previously I had no insight to our triggered/event driven emails (a total of 50 high-impact emails). Now I have access to make changes on the fly and can see how many we are sending and how they are performing. We really also have flexibility to do whatever we want. We run a lot of programs, segmentation and personalizaiton within our email program and concentrate on providing a 1:1 email experience for our users. I have always figured out these on my own but know that a lot of people use their "services" team for help at an extra cost.

What do you dislike?

I know when new users come on board, ET can feel a bit intimidating - for me personally, I didn't really know where to start. However once I dived in, it was a process of walking and not running. We've managed to build a massive program that comprises of event/triggered emails, ftp data uploads & programs for our b2c emails and we utilize the saleforce integration for our b2b business. Also everything is also ala carte. It gets annoying to have to pay extra for something later on that you didn't know you needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize your relationship manager to help you build an outline of your initial needs -- you can start from there and start checking things off the list. I also spent a lot of time on the phone with customer support which I found very helpful.

Validated Review

Largely good product - dreadful everything else.

What do you like best?

The product is powerful, robust and does what it says on the tin. The segmenting tools are easy to use and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Everything apart from the product itself is woeful. The account management team also operate the sales function so as soon as you've signed on the dotted line there's no reason for any further care. The training is inadequate, the integration was a nightmare and any time a problem crops up we've by and large had to resolve it ourselves. The support function are attentive people but not thoroughly versed in the goals clients are trying to achieve and consequently take so long to solve things that it's more time-efficient to do it ourselves.

We've had our account switched off over a bill for £125, despite sending them proof we had indeed paid it and we've had products taken off our account without reason or warning. We'd been told how things should be done, spent weeks doing it accordingly to find out that after all that isn't how things should be done and we'd been promised a whole heap of things that never materialise, all of which have strong negative impacts on us as business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a team of IT people, a team of HTML savvy CRM execs and a team of creative marketers then ET may well work for you. If you're resourced in a lean fashion I could only recommend you look elsewhere.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

It's a great tool for segmenting and sending lots of e-mails quickly.

Build the Enterprise Solution

What do you like best?

ExactTarget offers a great platform to integrate email marketing with your mobile marketing campaigns. It took just a few minutes to setup the mobile campaign using MobileConnect. Using the Fuel API, I was able to trigger a SMS and email to a landing page and capture the data all within ExactTarget. Other platforms require some 3rd party integration, but ExactTarget makes so much easier as one platform.

What do you dislike?

ExactTarget is not a system for the part-time digital marketer. Because it is so feature rich, you have to spend a tad more time learning how the system works than some of the other products in the market. ExactTarget's custom scripting ampscript can be tricky to learn which can impede some solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend purchasing a service package to help speed up deployment and training.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

A client was looking for a large scale email solution that also supported SMS and could integrate social media for their campaigns. The solution also had be managed in one system to keep the management and development minimal.

Tags

* We monitor all Salesforce Marketing Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Salesforce Marketing Cloud?