Salesforce Mobile

Rapidly build native, web and hybrid mobile apps for iOS and Android using the open source Salesforce Platform Mobile SDKs.

Work for Salesforce Mobile?

Learning about Salesforce Mobile?

Salesforce Mobile Reviews

Showing 19 Salesforce Mobile reviews
Salesforce Mobile review by kapil y.
kapil y.

"Powerful SDK and CRM Platform for creating apps"

What do you like best?

Salesforce Mobile SDK is one of the best tools I have used as I like its features which helps in creating stand-alone mobile apps. It is really fast as the data is accessed via the mobile device’s OS instead of the browser used. This provides a satisfying user experience to the customers and app can be easily moved between offline and online modes.

The push notification feature is helpful to target your preferred audience and send them notifications pretty quickly.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about Salesforce SDK is that you simply one can't start working on it on his own. You need to understand it thoroughly instead of directly jumping on it to work. You have to learn on your own and there are lots of features which you might even not need in your app. SO, you can jut skip them over if you don't find them useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for sure to other developers looking to build a mobile app

Salesforce Mobile SDK has provided 3 different development approaches to the developers for creating mobile apps which include Native, HTML5 and Hybrid. I can decide which one to use based on the factors like my targeted audience, resources in my organization, and the type of app I am trying to build.

It is very simple to get a free Salesforce Developer Edition and create a connected app in no time. It has fabulous documentation and support from a large community with experts to solve any issue in creating the apps.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Mobile
Salesforce Mobile review by Shweta K.
Shweta K.

"Salesforce SDK has got excellent features for building apps with ease"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Salesforce Mobile SDK is that since it’s an open source technology for building mobile apps it can be used by anyone to connect to their platform and develop a variety of apps written in Java language. One of the best features of Salesforce is the Cordova support for building hybrid applications using the Cordova’s workflows combined with the latest plugin from Salesforce.

It also provides a variety of libraries and APIs for developing enterprise apps including 2 factor authentication and offline data storage making your app an effective enterprise application.

What do you dislike?

One of the basic drawback of Salesforce Mobile SDK is its very lengthy User guide which provides the walkthrough for building new mobile apps. Besides that, it also has a lot of dependency on code and a new version comes out on a quarterly basis providing new bug fixes and updates. But if you are stuck with an unknown issue which is yet to be identified, you have to dig in deep yourself to fix that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it is a well established platform all over the world, it is definitely a recommended SDK for mobile development.

The main benefits of using Salesforce SDK is that there is no effort required to build the apps and just a few lines of code followed by a few clicks from backend are required for crating the app. Also the Offline data can be implemented in your own way or by using custom methods provided by Salesforce for the same.

Push notifications is also inbuilt and implemented in the platform.

What Other Mobile Development solution do you use?

Salesforce Mobile review by Neha B.
Neha B.

"Salesforce Mobile SDK is open-source technology for creating mobile apps"

What do you like best?

Salesforce Mobile SDK allows me to build mobile apps using technologies such as RESET API and HTML5. It includes a complete set of its app policies which makes sure that data can be accessed by every user in a safe and secure manner.

It supports a variety of services like App Cloud, Analytics, Business Logic, Push notifications, and Geographic location which helps in making my app development even more simpler and less time consuming.

It has basically got 3 mobile app development approaches for all its users which are native, HTML and Hybrid to support versatility of mobile apps among developers.

I can also create a Cordova project using Salesforce Mobile SDK and it will automatically create the config file.

What do you dislike?

Because of its large number of functionalities and features, the first time users have to dig in deep in order to utilize the maximum potential Salesforce has for its users. It is not that easy to start the development from the scratch if you using it for the first time. Also, the user guide has lots of content in it and it has not been categorized by the experience of the developer i.e. Beginner, Intermediate or Expert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it supports high level authentication workflow for the administrators so that they have full control on the data, this is truly a value worth money and is highly recommended.

When it comes to Security, Salesforce mobile SDK can’t be matched with any other competitor in the market as it offers an additional security for its users via PIN protection for their application. For using this PIN, developer has to decide the Screen lock pattern while creating the app itself and it will be only valid for the mobile app. Also the app administrators will have the access to enforce the PIN protection or choose the timeout duration.

Salesforce Mobile review by Chinasa D.
Chinasa D.

"Salesforce Mobile is okay, but not optimal for full Salesforce functionality. "

What do you like best?

Allows me to work remotely as a sales/contract specialist. I can quickly use SF to look/upload/download relevant client documentation. Great for team collaboration too.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version is not the best for uploading documentation, which is understandable.

However, I was very frustrated that it took so long to upload a signed client contract while traveling (away from my work computer. It worked eventually, but I had to re-upload the documents when I got back to the office.

Huge benefits- allows for remote work since SF is an web based CRM tool. Working with this really mitigates my need to be tethered to my work station. A lot more internal accountability (crucial in any role that deals with New Business sales) since all client notes are internally logged via Salesforce.

No major business problems, since our company is pretty strict on logging all client activity within the software.

Salesforce Mobile review by Lokesh Y.
Lokesh Y.

"Excellent tool for creating mobile apps"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about it is that it will access all the Salesforce data through the Operating System present in the smartphone instead of using the browser.This makes the security more efficient and difficult to break. It has the capability to create both iOS and Android mobile apps including native, hybrid and web apps.

Key requirements like Authentication and offline storage are well defined in this SDK with its rich set of own APIs and libraries.

What do you dislike?

It is not recommended to use directly if you are a beginner at creating mobile apps and you are not familiar with technical terms associated with mobile apps such as Segmentation, GeoLocation, Traces, Hybrid Apps, Authentication modes and more.

You need to first go through the documentation for a couple of weeks at least before actually starting building an app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for mid size and large organizaitions.

We are using it to create enterprise applications in our organization. Since we have a large workforce of more than 2Lakh employees, maintaining data of each user is very difficult. But due to the large community support of Salesforce, we are not facing any issues till yet. It has helped app administrator in our organization to work more easily and efficiently.

Salesforce Mobile review by Madelyn L.
Madelyn L.

"High Potential"

What do you like best?

I like being able to access salesforce contacts, applications, and information from my phone. It has a similar view as the desktop

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to read and search. The print is very small and you have to zoom in to read anything. The screen does not fit in the mobile browsing view.

Using Salesforce mobile allows us to be on the go and still have access to information, contacts, and applications

Salesforce Mobile review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great Development Kit!"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is. I think Salesforce is a great CRM platform and it just helps its case by having this development kit. It allows you to really develop anything you need to personalize your Salesforce user experience.

What do you dislike?

I think Salesforce Mobile SDK needs to allow for more abilities to be customized by the user using it. For first time users, I think the help fields can be worked on. Some people may be using it to develop something for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk sometime at first to explore the development kit and learn about the platform. It will allow you to make sure you are getting the best use of the product and using it to its best of ability. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to contact their technical support as for the most part they are very helpful!

I recommend this product as it has helped our business!

Salesforce Mobile SDK is a little pricey in my opinion. This is especially true if you wanted to ever buy more licenses and have more users using it at the same time. The technical support sometimes has used different words to describe something of the platform which I think can get confusing. All in all, this platform have helped our business and we are very please to be using this this platform as our development kit!

Salesforce Mobile review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Salesforce Mobile is much improved"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of the functionality that the "normal" version has. Prior versions were limited, but this updated version contains all of the ticket and account information that I need to work remotely.

What do you dislike?

Some items are buried and not where you would think they would be placed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can look up something quickly on my cell phone and not have to take the time to fire up my laptop if I am traveling.

Salesforce Mobile review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Not great for mobile users but does the job"

What do you like best?

Easy to access accounts and data from your phone without laptop

What do you dislike?

It isnt as easy to use as there is a lot you like to see on one page but because there is so much it is condensed down massively

Means I can access clients and data when I do not have a laptop and is better than the mobile website

Salesforce Mobile review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Quick and esay to use"

What do you like best?

Ability to quickly get key details to my accounts, and view past activities easily. Also voice recognition when entering activities very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Page layout not unique. It mirrors our desktop version which makes it challenging display wise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Relationship data captured in single location making it beneficial for sales and operations to quickly know state or updates to account.

Salesforce Mobile review by Angelic T.
Angelic T.

"Keeping your Salesforce environment up to date on the go!"

What do you like best?

I really like the intuitive UI and how fast the app is. I use Salesforce all day long and to use all the features on the go is amazing!

What do you dislike?

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like yet. There are a few buttons we have missing but I think that’s our code.

Keeping my users functioning smoothly while I am away from my desk b

Salesforce Mobile review by User in Computer Software

"S1 Not as intuitive as the desktop platform"

What do you like best?

Access my salesforce instance on the go. I typically use it to view the contact record and the associated details (i.e. phone number, address).

What do you dislike?

S1 does not include all of the functionality of my desktop instance. In addition, the set-up/layout is not in tune with the desktop version. This makes it difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mobile is a helpful too and should be installed on all users' mobile devices however, it will not solve all business problems.

It has made me more efficient when I am traveling and need access to my account information.

Salesforce Mobile review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"The best CRM mobile app"

What do you like best?

It was so easy to have everything about my customers information at my fingertips for each and every sales call I made. I could also track appointments and notes before and after my call.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, again it's one of the best mobile apps for a crm software around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

keeping track of sales calls and the current information on customers at my fingertips. I loved using the app when I worked for that company.

Salesforce Mobile review by Stephen R.
Stephen R.

"Power App!"

What do you like best?

This is a very power application that can help you get the best mobile app for your customers and employees. It has a lot of features and ways to construct everything just the way you want it.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to find out how to use it but it's well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other companies do not do it as well as SalesForce.

It helps me create an application for my customers side and employees.

Salesforce Mobile review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"SFDC Mobile....solid, not as good as it could be."

What do you like best?

Real-time sync and ability to pull/search contacts, accounts, and opps.

What do you dislike?

Hard to pinpoint, but the user experience just doesn't give me the same confidence I have when usually working in SFDC.

Top of the funnel lead generation and communication while on the go.

Salesforce Mobile review by Brianne M.
Brianne M.

"Great app!"

What do you like best?

I love this app because I'm on the road a lot so being able to access all of my current customers info as well as putting in new info is SO helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it has everything I need and more

Keeping track of activities

Salesforce Mobile review by User in Financial Services

"Salesforce Mobile; "

What do you like best?

Easy interface with intuitive navigation; ready access to basic information

What do you dislike?

Limited access to custom object data; an easy CMS-based approach to inclusion of custom object data would be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good, albeit limited, functionality, but getting better with every release.

Our team inputs leads, accounts, and contacts in the field

Salesforce Mobile review by User in Computer Software

"Nice solution to stay mobile"

What do you like best?

It is very convenient to be able to stay online even outside the office.

What do you dislike?

Not likely to use to keep the work life balance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use it within your business hours

Was able to take care of the urgent cases when out of office

Salesforce Mobile review by User

"great product"

What do you like best?

I can use it on my phone and on the Go..

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I use this product daily everyday

I am able to be more mobile. Ever since I started using it on my phone.

Learning about Salesforce Mobile?

* We monitor all Salesforce Mobile reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.