Salesforce Nonprofit CRM

Salesforce nonprofit CRM solutions provide a single view of interactions with clients, supporters, members, funders, volunteers and affiliates.

Work for Salesforce Nonprofit CRM?

Learning about Salesforce?

Compare Salesforce Nonprofit CRM to Similar Solutions

Salesforce Nonprofit CRM Reviews

Showing 20 Salesforce reviews
Salesforce review by Dana P.
Dana P.

"Sales force "

What do you like best?

I like how you can customize sales force and work with their team to build a platform that works especially for your non profit. The amount of integration is endless as well with other apps, widgets, and sites.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much that I dislike. Everything is very clear, easy, accessible, and user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and read all of the reviews. You can learn a lot that you didn’t know you can do!

We are constantly loading contacts and accounts into sales force. We are logging calls, emails, communications, and all events each of our members do. THis site is serving as a go to CRM software for us. From here we are logging donations, food drive pounds, and engagement that becomes useful for reports.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Nonprofit CRM
Salesforce review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Salesforce Nonprofit CRM (NPSP) is a great resource for small nonprofits!"

What do you like best?

Salesforce NPSP provides ten free licenses for any 501C3 charitable nonprofit that can prove that its income is lower than a certain threshold. These licenses are FULL licenses, the same as any company paying for NPSP licenses would get. This is a huge thing for a tiny organization, or one that has few database users, saving thousands of dollars. The Power of Us Hub is the online community that provides advice, fellowship, guidance, problem-solving assistance, camaraderie, and all other kinds of support you can imagine, for FREE. Making use of the Power of Us Hub is critical in setting up your database properly, and growing in your knowledge as you develop with your system.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce can be a bit tricky at first, but no more so than other highly featured products. The interface has recently changed and there are still some functions that can only be handled in Classic (old interface) and not yet in Lightning (new interface); this can be frustrating, especially if there are certain features you've come to rely on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that is used by huge for-profit corporations the world over. The fact that tiny non-profits can get up to 10 licenses for free is amazing and game-changing for us.

We are a membership-based non-profit school. Salesforce NPSP has allowed us to track our members and their contact information in a way that simplifies our communications, creation of a community directory, payment tracking, creation of class rosters, and pretty much anything else that has to do with managing members. The fact that we were able to set up a world-class database for FREE is amazing, considering our very small budget.

What Nonprofit CRM solution do you use?

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for membership, still not using for donations"

What do you like best?

I like the email and reports feature. I also like the dashboard--it's easy to get the big picture in one glance.

What do you dislike?

I admittedly am not very tech savy. I think Salesforce takes a really long time to learn. I still have problems using it, thank goodness for tech savvy co-workers,

Recommendations to others considering the product

We still haven't moved our donation mangement over to Salesforce. We use Donorperfect for donations and Salesforce for member data. We are waiting to move the donation records over to Salesforce till a few changes are made. I think Donorperfect is a little more user friendly than Salesforce for tracking conversations so that is another factor on why we haven't made the switch.

We answer all of our customer problems via salesforce. We say if it's not in Salesforce it doesn't exist. This has really helped with goal tracking and finding out what behaviours need to happen to meet goals.

Salesforce review by Shannon S.
Shannon S.

"Affordable, User friendly, Great Community and Super customizable!"

What do you like best?

I love that we can customize our site any way that we need to!

What do you dislike?

There are certain elements of the non-profit starter pack that doesn't apply to our model (federally funded by a grant). It would be nice if it was a little easier to do away with the aspects of NPSP that didn't apply.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working from spreadsheets and need an option that is affordable for your nonprofit - I highly recommend making the switch!

Our organization and management of data has completely been remodeled in the best possible way with salesforce. Our structure for managing various projects, particularly keeping a database of contacts in the states that we serve has been LIFECHANGING.

Salesforce review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Fast setup, powerful built in tools"

What do you like best?

There are many built-in triggers, workflows, page layouts to get your non-profit up and running quickly. You can customize to meet your individual needs as well, or you could spend some time setting up the out of the box features and be up and running in no time. With the Ohana 1:1:1 model Salesforce offers the first 10 licenses free for 501c non-profits, so it's a great platform to use.

What do you dislike?

Certain fields the of the managed package you install aren't changeable, so if you wanted to add say a lookup filter or change a field name there are certain fields you can't do that with. There are many fields that you can, but a small handful it would be nice to make changes to as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to setup, but find a good partner to help if you have no prior salesforce expierence.

able to go from Excel and other sources to one centralized location for all donation information. Even able to setup automation to send out thank you emails when donations come in

Salesforce review by Kaitlin M.
Kaitlin M.

"Can't beat the 10 free licenses"

What do you like best?

Offers robust features and donor management capabilities for free.

What do you dislike?

It's crazy complicated to use. The fact that there are "certifications" offered and extensive paid trainings available is testimony to how complex Salesforce is and at times difficult to use for simple tasks. If it wasn't for the 10 free licenses that Salesforce offers, we'd find a different CRM to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore using other CRMs before committing to Salesforce.

Track donor engagement, giving history, contact information, etc.

Salesforce review by William R.
William R.

"The Best CRM keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

No hardware! AppExchange. Clicks not code. Salesforce1 mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Unable to delete obsolete Sites (portals). Also not sure why default Portal Roles were set to 3 for every Portal user we created. We consumed almost all 5,000 Portal Roles and there is no apparent way to reclaim them.

Ease of use. Mobility. Flexibility.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Versatile, Comprehensive solution for nonprofits"

What do you like best?

The ability to build out custom objects that cover the myriad of data thet we collect while also using standard NPSP functionality like households.

What do you dislike?

Using households has been challenging for some users to understand the various types of "organizations" and how to navigate this in reporting. I also dislike that the household name concatenates when a contact is cloned.

Collecting both program and development information. With all of this data in Salesforce we can have one source of truth that can tell a complete story of our work and stakeholders.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Senior Manager, Business Analysis"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to customize the product. I also enjoy the ability to easily intergrate 3rd party applications to the CRM ecosystem.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Reporting could be enhanced to let users create using more than 3 objects. The ability to determine how the objects are joined would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence when it comes to working with Vendors.

It is our membership & event management software. We also use it for sales pipeline functionality and we also manage committees.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"NPO Admin/ User Salesforce Review"

What do you like best?

Love that the platform is so customizable

What do you dislike?

It's a complicated platform to setup and requires an experienced individual to make sure it work properly for our needs.

It provides a cloud based platform perfect for internal communication across our team. I love that it integrates well with Google cloud applications and that we can access it on our mobile devices. We also use it as a donor database, task management system, and for member tracking.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Positive Experience, Easy Access to Information, Not as Intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like the snapshot views that I can create to get an immediate updated idea of key metrics

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is no explanation of why something isnt working or appearing, and its tedious to retrace my steps to figure out why

Keeping track of member activity, building out events and using APIs to seamlessly bring is third party data which has decreased the time I need to allocate to some manual processes

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Versatile database, not user-friendly "

What do you like best?

This database is free for nonprofits, and if you have a knowledgeable team mate it can do a lot for your organization.

What do you dislike?

I was in charge of this database for my old nonprofit, and I found it very difficult to manage as both a user and administrator. Very difficult to keep data clean, especially data that is already messy. We spent a few thousand dollars on updates and support without seeing much improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if you need a free database, but my team really struggled with this one.

Tracking gifts, donor and volunteer information. Didn’t see many benefits as our whole team struggled using it.

"Irreplaceable Software"

What do you like best?

I like that nearly every feature is customizable. For example, our adminsitrator made it so that we can add donors photos to prospects profiles- super helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish that importing data was a little easier. I feel I spend more time making lists import friendly than just typing in the names myself. Then again, the data import wizard will likely get easier with practice, I have only attempted it once.

Prospect and donor tracking, revenue tracking, monitoring ticket sales and donations, budget tracking, vendors and event supply sourcing, and more! My team can also track different donation opportunities and keep each other posted throughout the solicitation process.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Promising platform but difficult to get true value"

What do you like best?

Salesforce offers a myriad of options and is customizable. It is a powerful CRM and includes a help function.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to actually get as much use out of it as possible. Reporting is often dysfunctional. Not a very user friendly system. Very expensive to hire help on their end. Although they provide webinars and modules to help build out your CRM, much is irrelevant and talking to customer service is difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if you have the capacity to administrate Salesforce. If not, it may be better to use a less robust platform.

My organization uses it as a CRM for potential and current member contacts.

Salesforce review by Carolyn O.
Carolyn O.

"Complicated but Definitely Worth the Work!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create different users and different groups that enable me to keep different lists, etc. secure while accessible.

What do you dislike?

For a newbie, it was a pain to setup. I honestly had to read the user manual to figure out what to do and how to set up different things. That was time consuming!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize any training/consultation they provide.

Managing donors, contacts, and addresses

Salesforce review by Administrator in Fund-Raising
Administrator in Fund-Raising

"data collection and sharing made easy"

What do you like best?

I most like the ability to build and compare complex reports

What do you dislike?

I don't seem to be notified of requests for file permissions or when i'm tagged in chatter feed

Recommendations to others considering the product

ask about the appexchange market to identify apps that will benefit your team best

we can easily build files with numerous data points and share them among team members

"Compliance Specialist"

What do you like best?

I am constantly looking for new ways to extrapolate data, due to the nature of my job. I love that Salesforce allows me to pull customized reports based on what I'm trying to show.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce is not always the most user friendly, and I struggle to get staff to get on board.

We have always struggled with knowing where clients are if we have not directly worked with them. Salesforce allows us to be able to follow a client and answer their questions even if we've never directly spoken to them before.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Great for nonprofits!"

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to run reports and keep track of all the school and teacher data. It was helpful to use this quantitative data for grants and proposals.

What do you dislike?

While Salesforce has the capability to do many things, it took a while to learn to how use the platform for our needs. Many trainings were required.

1. Efficiency with tracking data by regions through reports. Having the ability to send large amounts of emails all at once.

2. Helps with outreach to new schools and hard to reach places.

"User-friendly, intuitive, adaptable"

What do you like best?

Integrated platform, so all communications are in one place. Mobile-adapted and customizable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a little clunky, lots of clicking tabs to find the information you need.

Inter-communication between chapters all over the country.

Salesforce review by User

"Data is easier to chart"

What do you like best?

The ability to identify areas of opportunity.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the program

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Having the ability to track mailers in the different areas without having to duplicate and waste resources

Learning about Salesforce Nonprofit CRM?

* We monitor all Salesforce Nonprofit CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Salesforce Nonprofit CRM to Similar Solutions