Salesforce Platform: Heroku Enterprise

Heroku is a open language cloud application platform and supports Ruby, Java, Python, Clojure, Scala, Node.js. and custom language buildpacks.

Work for Salesforce Platform: Heroku Enterprise?

Learning about Heroku?

Salesforce Platform: Heroku Enterprise Reviews

Ask Heroku a Question
Showing 69 Heroku reviews
Heroku review by <span>Alex O.</span>
Alex O.
Validated Review

Great for a Rails/Postgre web site

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Heroku Toolbelt makes deployment and maintenance tasks so easy - everything is just a command line away. Almost never a gem compatibility problem, it's a complete plug-and-play. Hobby tier provides sufficient availability for my purposes.

Documentation works great for my needs, and it's supplemented by a healthy user community - I can find answers to most of my questions by just googling them,

What do you dislike?

It'd be nice to have some kind of a persistent file storage add-on. As things are now, I have to use Amazon S3 for files.

I wish Heroku Toolbelt used one port for everything. I roam a lot, working off of public wireless access points. Depending on their restrictions on TCP, ports you can use, this or that Heroku command won't work.

Also I'm not a big fan of their ElasticSearch add-on, Bonsai, I understand run by a separate company. I had availability issues specific to them, more than with Heroku proper. And when it happened, they would tell me that it's my fault for not subscribing to their more expensive plan.

It'd be nice to have more logs than just the last 1500 lines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your needs, like mine, are hosting Rails and Node.js web apps, Heroku seem like a good choice.

Watch out for the lack of persistent file storage - it came as a bit of a surprise to me.

We're building an IT Consulting Marketplace.

The main benefit is easy setup for easy deployment - DevOps without a big investment of time and money

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Platform: Heroku Enterprise
Heroku review by <span>Noah H.</span>
Noah H.
Validated Review

Incredibly flexible and powerful utility

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Heroku enables any company of any scale or seamlessly manage any web properties they have. For rapid prototyping and testing new features, Heroku more than meets one's needs, and is a perfect solution to rapidly deploying and testing new mobile API back-ends. Whether one has always used personally managed servers or are coming from tools such as AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku is very quick to migrate to and flexible to whatever deployment configuration you have. Its use of Git has been incredibly transformative for our team, as we had all been previously using it Git for all projects, and Heroku closed the loop allowing us to work and deploy from the same system.

What do you dislike?

Is more expensive than more traditional DIY hosting options. In the name of ease of use, some functionality is harder to find/employ, but this is more than compensated by the realized benefits of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For rapid prototyping you will not be disappointed, but do bear in mind the cost as things scale.

Easy team collaboration and resource management and scaling. Heroku is the best way to achieve this. When application issues have occurred, Heroku has made patch deployment very easy and has been able to drastically improve our issue response time.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution do you use?

Heroku review by <span>Alonso P.</span>
Alonso P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best thing that I Like about Heroku is once you do the changes and adds on the project to connect to the Data Base, You can work locally as server with the same Data Base. It is a very practical way to work, and you do the push to heroku master when you think it is necessary that all features are build in a correct way to check on web.

What do you dislike?

Something that really dislike is the missing points of documentation to get a correct way to develop a project, specially on Django/Python.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give more details about how implement a project with Heroku, because it is confusing trying to connect and if you don't have that information on sorting point it is frustrating

I've been working on a project with Django/Python and let me work easily, like I'm not using Heroku, that is one of the greatest benefits about it, because once you got anything under control Heroku + Project, it lets you work quickly, allowing you to take care another things to getting a better development.

Heroku review by <span>David Aaron F.</span>
David Aaron F.

Incredible, Flexible Platform

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Heroku is an incredible, elegant platform for deployment, hosting, and scalability. It's very well documented, has a great user experience both in website and command line form, is well supported by Heroku as well as third-party tools, and has a very set of features. Most of all: No need to be concerned with securing a server itself.

They also provide a fear, single dyno service one can use for testing and micro projects.

What do you dislike?

Heroku does have some limitations in the form of a no-write filesystem, forcing developers to use solutions like Amazon S3. It has had some performance issues in the past due to how routing was performed, but Heroku was honest and transparent about the issue and their resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. You can run far more than Ruby applications on it these days. Get rid of any servers you truly don't need and go PaaS.

We've used this for our own products, to host software for running blood drives, greatly supporting a hospital and its children, for a custom video streaming solution, and far more.

We could not be happier with a PaaS. It has saved us immense time in provisioning, configuration, deployment, and security, allowing us to focus on the application itself. It's so easily scalable, there have even been iPhone apps for doing so on the fly.

Heroku review by <span>Claudio F.</span>
Claudio F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Heroku toolbelt: It makes every thing easy as pie, from profiling a deployed system to switching from local to remote console in order to perform any desired task. It feels just as if one were working on his/her local computer, while performing some very non-trivial remote tasks. Also, the Procfile feature is a must, as I can easily configure additional tests, continuous integration, and run some extra scripts that I might need in order to fulfill a certain task my product my be in need of. Switching from local to my remote deployed system, as well as having many different instances installed at the distance of a simple command text. It's a must to me!

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve. In order to being fully capable of using heroku's platform, one needs to take quite a bit of time to learn its commands and entrails. It did take me a while to really take the time to study it. I wish it was a little simpler so I could have enjoyed its great plugins a lot earlier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a cloud saas virtual environment, full of plugins and APIs, hands on and easily deployable, you might want to consider taking a look at Heroku.

Backend Restful API with Real Time features. It's pretty much the same thing like working on my own environment. So I had for far no hassles at all with the classical: "in my machine it works" excuse.

Heroku review by <span>Jeremy M.</span>
Jeremy M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It makes going from idea to deployed app ridiculously easy. I *always* recommend starting with Heroku to folks starting out with tech like Rails and the Python frameworks. It removes the deployment barrier for these folks to start sharing their code. The lack of require maintenance is also great. If a piece of hardware fails, they take care of it.

What do you dislike?

The price, which isn't to say it doesn't match the value. It's just that it does add up once you reach a certain level of traffic and complexity. After a while, you reach a juncture where your app is complex enough, you know enough, and the concept is "worth it" (from a personal or financial perspective) to move it to something that is far higher maintenance for (in raw dollars) cheaper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan to go all in on Heroku, it will make your life much easier if you choose tech (e.g., databases, email, etc.) that has tight integration with it through a third party provider or a direct Heroku service.

Again, it removes devops from the equation almost completely when it comes to getting an app in front of people.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Salesforce Platform: Heroku Enterprise?

* We monitor all Salesforce Platform: Heroku Enterprise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.