Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce

(123)
4.3 out of 5 stars

Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce empowers employees across your organization to live your brand through their mobile experience. mySalesforce alllows you to create rich and engaging branded mobile apps for every department, from sales and service to HR, finance, and operations.

Work for Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce?

Learning about Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce Reviews

Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • User Industry
  • For Category
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
User Industry
For Category
Showing 123 Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce reviews
LinkedIn Connections
Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce review by <span>Scarlett G.</span>
Scarlett G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Keeps me on track and increases sales!

What do you like best?

I like how Salesforce is integrated with other platforms such as Tenfold and Prophet 21. When I save call notes and other information about customers, it is saved directly to my Salesforce under that customer's account. I can also save information under individual contacts in a company, or just under the company account.

What do you dislike?

I think they could make the layout a little more user-friendly. It needs to be updated because right now it looks rudimentary compared to other platforms and websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly consider Salesforce because it is an excellent tool for keeping track of customer leads. It also provides every customers sales history, data, and and where you are at your sales goal.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Through Salesforce, I am solving the problem of letting customers fall through the cracks. With every customer I can make opportunities and tasks to make sure to follow up with them, and Salesforce reminds me so I don't forget. Because of Salesforce, I have been better about following up on leads, therefore making more sales.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce
Headshots
Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce review by <span>Cesar A S.</span>
Cesar A S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

La mejor plataforma de CRM

What do you like best?

Nos encontramos ante la mejor herramienta de Gestión de Relación con los clientes, con Salesforce puedes manipular una infinidad de aspectos que se vinculan con la venta y la gestión de tu compañía, se esta una pequeña o gran empresa. Puedes monitoria tus cuentas, contactos, candidatos, oportunidades, calendarios, paneles, grupos, notas, archivos, y presupuestos. Con esas características pueden monitorear tu empresa desde múltiples ámbitos, desde las tradicionales consideraciones administrativas y presupuestarias hasta la gestión de contactos y las notas que necesitamos para mantener nuestro negocio de la mejor forma posible.

What do you dislike?

Para algunos usuarios con poca experiencia en la gestión de empresas y el marketing, puede ser un poco abrumador enfrentarse a una herramienta tan completa como esta, son cientos de detalles, opciones, gráficos, salidas y formatos de presentación y gestión, y una persona sin experiencia probablemente no pueda manipular bien la herramienta, ni sacarle todo el provecho que posee. Además de eso se requieren conocimientos básicos de administración y finanzas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tienen que probar esta herramienta y conocer los grandes beneficios que ofrece, el nivel de detalle es impresionante, posee muchísimas opciones para gestionar la empresa y los recursos, y especialmente las vinculadas a la gestión del tiempo y los recursos como son el calendario y las cuentas.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

En poco tiempo esta plataforma nos ayudó a visualizar las tendencias en las ventas y comprobar como pueden utilizarse diferentes estrategias para aumentar nuestra eficiencia, en este sentido, pudimos gestionar eficientemente los contactos que son nuestra principal herramienta de trabajo dado que con ellos fijamos contratos y gestionamos los procesos de mantenimiento de la ciudad. Los calendarios nos han ayudado a gestionar eficientemente los procesos de mantenimiento y utilizar de la mejor forma posible nuestros recursos físicos y humanos.

What Other Mobile Development solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce review by <span>Jay-ar A.</span>
Jay-ar A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Reliable Tool and Easy to Navigate

What do you like best?

The Salesforce Platform is really convenient to use. We use it as a database to store candidate profiles and update their job stage. What I like about Salesforce tool is its flexibility in terms of making our workload at ease. We could also use the Sales Force Target Recruit to send mass emails and put a mass tag to filter out these candidates. You can customize these data based on the needs of your projects you are working on. SalesForce really helped us to make and finish our tasks at ease.

What do you dislike?

At first, you will get confused by its features. You have to get familiarized with it's user interface. Sometimes, the system takes a while to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SalesForce Platform is flexible and a helpful tool!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We were able to track the status of our candidates we have sourced from LinkedIn

Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce review by <span>Christy B.</span>
Christy B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Salesforce Review

What do you like best?

Organized and easy to find everything. I love that I can see old notes from a few years ago and it's easy to tie accounts together. LInking my emails from Outlook to Salesforce is very easy.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything I really dislike. If I had to pick something, the platform is so robust it is sometimes easy to get lost and hard to find information you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Salesforce. I've used other CRMs platforms before but this is by far the easiest to navigate. The features that allow you to tie in to Outlook or MapAnything your accounts is valuable.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are selling online educational software and house our contracts and all information in Salesforce. It is extremely effective and easy to use.

Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce review by <span>Ovais S.</span>
Ovais S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Perfect CRM software

What do you like best?

Salesforce is unarguably the best Customer Relationship Management software in the market given as it allows you to create customer account and then tag/upload all the material/info/logs related to the account while staying in various apps.

What do you dislike?

Inability to tag one item (like email/file) to two different account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform if you want all your customer data to be managed on one portal with plenty of automation options. WE use it for everything including call/data logging, customer history, etc. It is a great tool if you are using multiple platforms for your CRM needs and want to cluster all into one with minimal effort and less resources deployed.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Managing Customer Information/Data as well as content.

Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

The power of Salesforce.com

What do you like best?

Able to use various softwares but the one i like most of salesforce.com is the integration with jigsaw. For instance on jigsaw is so easy to find contacts. There are other integrations that could ease your CRM life. I enjoy using jigsaw. I also like data.com, work.com, the integrations offered into the platform which are great and fantastic to use along with the software.

What do you dislike?

quite confusing to start, but if you can master it is gold. I dislike the fact that salesforce has so many product integrations and is quite confusing to add them to a central hub. Also, sometimes is not too user friendly. On the other hand i also dislike the fact that it is not easily integratable with outside vendors other than salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try jigsaw which is platform within salesforce that lets you find key business contacts. its very cool, but sometimes you need points to swap for real contacts.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

finding lead contacts and not having to pay for them. On the other end, giving access to employees to same accounts (master account). It is really easy to to find an ease to give access to all employees to a master CRM list. I am also solving a center location for Crm ratings to rate our customers and to send them emails easily. I think the key thing, is having that center location salesforce provides to have quick access to all our customers data .

Kate avatar
Kate from G2 Crowd

Learning about Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce?

I can help.
* We monitor all Salesforce Platform: mySalesforce reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.