Salesforce Platform: Shield

Salesforce Shield offers a powerful set of tools for any customer who needs an extra level of control to meet internal or regulatory compliance requirements.

Work for Salesforce Platform: Shield?

Learning about Salesforce?

Salesforce Platform: Shield Reviews

Ask Salesforce a Question
Showing 11 Salesforce reviews
Salesforce review by Anders V.
Anders V.

"Salesforce Shield: Encryption at Rest"

What do you like best?

What I really liked about Salesforce encryption platform Shield is the strategy "Encryption at rest". Each and every field in Salesforce that is marked for encryption in encryptedusing two keys. There, one is generated by Salesforce and the other is known as the tenant key. I takes four hours for the tenant key to be generated. These keys are not familiar to Salesforce and are exported by clients and then Salesforce deletes them. Once they are deleted, the encrypted data cannot be decrypted unless the same key is imported. However, Salesforce introduced "Bring Your Own Key" - BYOK strategy where clients generate their own key and provide them to Slaesforce for encryption.

Moreover, the performance degredation is low because the encryption process takes place inside Salesforce.

Another important feature I liked was that I could monitor the user activity providing visibility. Then the application usage could be tracked. In case of customer's compliance need, custom policies could be defined.

I could retain field history for 10 years and had 60 fields per object. As the data was encrypted at Rest,there were no impact on integration or workflow. Like other Salesforce products, it gets updated.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked about the Salesforce encryption platform Shield is that it is expensive. There are many kinds of data types that are not supported by the Salesforce Shield. It is another drawback of Shield that not all standard fields are supported. Neither are the different kinds of objects. These are the cons of the Shield.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though Shield is expensive but it a well maintained encryption platform by Salesforce. So,reconsidering the few cons, Shield is a well recommended encryption platform worth a try.

More customers use Salesforce to store confidential and proprietary data and thus are in need to ensure the privacy of the data. Shield is designed to allow to retain critical app functionality. Shield allows you to natively encrypt your most sensitive data at rest .

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Platform: Shield
Salesforce review by Carol F.
Carol F.

"Salesforce App Cloud: Shield- a shield hard to break"

What do you like best?

Being a new user, what I felt, the name ‘shield’ upholds the dignity of its name. Salesforce Shield protects your salesforce apps data externally and internally and gives you maximum security. It achieved trust and ensured security in my business by allowing valuable user insights, audit and encrypt data providing compliance and government requirements. What I like the most is, it protects my data from unauthorized users and helps me to retain critical app functionality like search, workflow and validation rules. I do have the full control over the encryption key and can set the encrypted data permission to protect my sensitive data. I can also find who is trying to see my important data and from where it is. This product reduces risk in security and swipes away my mental stress easily. Neither it is a rocket science nor a complex procedure to understand. It is very user friendly with huge outcome.

What do you dislike?

The dislike about the product is closest to zero I found. The features might seem to be a bit difficult but it may vary from individual to individual. However it helped me a lot in my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend business people to go for salesforce shield. It will definitely take away your stress about protecting your crucial and vital data. If you have a large sales force and you want to maintain that and keep that secured then shield is the best option for you.

The authorized individual can access to the data very easily with a secured environment from anywhere thus enabling flow of information smoothly. My sales documentation is secured and maintained correctly. This is how I retain my competitive advantage from my competitors.

What Mobile Data Security solution do you use?

Salesforce review by Praveen Makam K.
Praveen Makam K.

"secured,multi-tenant and a platform not a tool"

What do you like best?

the best crm platform on cloud with various services available. avilability of services and feature implementation are mostly done by admins and that shows the power of out of the box features provided by salesforce.SaaS capability and ability to maintain a user detail and sharing model for your data .

What do you dislike?

too many settings can be applied to your data and the users but on the other hand, it may be difficult for a production support team to debug where is the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. its worth the money you pay for. you would fall in love with the pplatform and the power of the system to make the data available for you on your fingertips.

we moved from onpremise system to salesforce and we were able to allow users to have access to data from anywhere, anytime and anything . no dependency on devices thereby we have seen an immense growth in our sales engineers.

Salesforce review by Stjepan M.
Stjepan M.

"Good Protection"

What do you like best?

The best thing with this functionality is that I don't have to use external tools for encryption of data. And everything is on the same platform

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it's a really good way to encrypt my data which is quite simple, it might work differently with more complicated set of data, but I cannot judge that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need out of the box encryption, this is just the right tool for you.

The requirements of our clients are that some of the data should be encrypted before it's sent to outer systems.

Salesforce review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The software is user friendly and it can be used remotely so you don’t have to sit at your computer all day

What do you dislike?

The login sometimes take longer than necessary because my credentials are t always remembered which will slow down my process

Being able to retrieve information as I need to even when I’m remote. Good time management is a very key benefit

Salesforce review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Salesforce for grantmaking "

What do you like best?

I love salesforce. At my current job we use it for contact management and grantmaking. What I like best is the ability to run reports on our grantmaking.

What do you dislike?

I’m not sure the dashboards feature is clear. I would definitely like a more streamlined way of visualizing the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

Visualizing the data

Salesforce review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great CRM"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it had integrated campaigns for my database. it kept my clients in order and It gave me reminders of when to follow up.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative thoughts on this system. everything is made to perfection and very easy to use. if I had to choose a CRM again It would definitely be Salesforce

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to set up, great customer service and super easy to use.

It helped keep my database organized and it also helped with the email campaigns .

Salesforce review by Stephen R.
Stephen R.

"Great for Sales Team"

What do you like best?

I love the scalability of the software. You can make custom changes to the software as well.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to setup at first but not that hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this application. It's great!

One integrated place for all sales documentation.

Salesforce review by User in Design
User in Design

"TROM D review "

What do you like best?

The fact you can see who is checking important business data

What do you dislike?

I find that it can to rather slow and there isn't much help with working out how to use it

Currently trying to develope an app and this is giving me the rich platform and to keep my data secure

Salesforce review by User in Higher Education

"Affordable and conveinent "

What do you like best?

No hardware setup required.

It can be used to build complex CRM applications.

Efficient with integration with other technology such as Ext-JS,

What do you dislike?

Field limits on shield platform encryption, cannot enter non- ASCII characters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use if you are looking for a more safe application. Also works same with lighting

For extra security.

Salesforce review by Administrator

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

Tracking my engagements, reporting on team engagements and surveys

What do you dislike?

would like more featured training around functions I use

Data tracking

Learning about Salesforce Platform: Shield?

* We monitor all Salesforce Platform: Shield reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.