Salesforce Platform

Platform as a Service (PaaS) eliminates the expense and complexity of evaluating, buying, configuring, and managing all the hardware and software needed for custom-built applications.

Work for Salesforce Platform?

Learning about Salesforce Platform?

Salesforce Platform Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 92 Salesforce Platform reviews
Salesforce Platform review by <span>Brigitte Y.</span>
Brigitte Y.

Salesforce: A Highly Valuable CRM

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I was first introduced to Salesforce while taking a graduate course in Sales Management when I was pursuing my M.B.A. I have since used it professionally. I find this CRM to be a very busy platform. It stores a lot of content, several activities can take place at once, and for me visually, there’s a lot going on. It can be effectively used throughout an entire corporation, and the information on it stores can be shared with different departments. Sales can use it to track their customers’ activities through different stages of the sales cycle. Marketing can use it to track its campaigns. Human Resources can use it as a tool to follow up with candidates. Editorial can use it for project management. Entrepreneurs can use it to keep track of their activities with different clients. I have studied several case studies where it was used for relationship marketing. It’s a way for businesses to keep track of customer activities and their interests and likes so they can improve upon their customers’ experiences. It is helpful for small to large organizations. I think its versatility and multipurpose functions are why it has become the most popular CRM.

What do you dislike?

The one drawback for me, when I used it is its lack of word processing features. It would nice if Salesforce collaborated with Microsoft or developed stronger features that allowed for stronger formatting and content publication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this platform, especially when you are just starting out. I think entrepreneurs with various clients would extremely benefit to stay organized. I would advise watching its YouTube tutorials and reading a book about it so you can really, really take advantage of everything this platform has to offer. I would also advise learning about Salesforce add ons.

In the editorial situations where I have used it, Salesforce allowed people from different departments to make their content request and attach background materials and other useful pieces of information within that same request. So it’s great with content management. All of these requests were aggregated into an area of the platform that was accessible to copywriters. In addition, the messaging feature within the platform allowed for questions and status reports to quickly be addressed. My most recent use with Salesforce involved migrating documents from Microsoft into the CRM during a short-term project for Capital One. While it was a simple activity, Salesforce did not have strong formatting features. The documents I was working on were confidential and highly relevant so not being able to specific formatting change context, which could alter the message so double checking the content was needed at time to make sure the it context was still maintained.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Platform
Salesforce Platform review by <span>Austin S.</span>
Austin S.

Salesforce Platform Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

There are lots of things I like about using this specific platform, but the best of all would have to be the easy and reliable usability on tracking leads, instant inbounds, and sharing data amongst coworkers.

What do you dislike?

Without a doubt, the toughest thing to learn on this platform was the learning curve. When I first started using this service, I had to be shown at least three or four times just how to use the service. There were no tutorials really on how things worked and I did not really enjoy having to ask question after question to experience co workers who were more familiar with it than I was. I learned it eventually, but it took some time just to learn basic functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fantastic service, however, it does take quite a bit of training to really know the product.

It really is the best platform for us at the moment, we are solving our problems of being able to track our inbound leads, documenting all of the leads, and distributing user and company data to others. The benefits have much outweighed the cons due to being able to really hone in on servicing our customers in an easy manner.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution do you use?

Salesforce Platform review by <span>Paolo P.</span>
Paolo P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Filter customisation on each case, possibility to pull data across each value per data range and any data, possibility to link Account information, with relevant opportunities and contacts!

What do you dislike?

Customising a dashboard is far-way too complex, they could make the UI more intuitive.

Writing emails via salesforce results in having plain text, there should be an option within it to change this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hope they keep the same tradition Interface and they do not switch to a new one!

I organise the workflow for myself and my team, I monitor the same quite easily pulling reports and necessary data accordingly. I can check the average of days necessary to a specific person in order to close a ticket . The same way I can check data range across the Case-Type.

Salesforce is also super useful to search and find previous data, much easily than doing this via email!

Salesforce Platform review by <span>Morgan T.</span>
Morgan T.

May the 'Force be With You

Validated Review
What do you like best?

As a client manager Salesforce provides the ability to quickly create tailored reports that would otherwise take hours in excel. A quick sort can create a report of clients or leads that require followup based on your choice of fields. The ability to integrate different systems to upload communication provides a source of the customer's account history within the company.

The ease of access to e-mail templates and automatically triggering e-mails when a customer status is updated is extremely beneficial.

Customization of dashboards is a brilliant feature allowing management to have an immediate real time report based on lead/customer status. A multitude of options can also report based on fields you create in the case management.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability to mass-edit case titles. If an agent had incorrectly inputted the case title, a manual change was required. There was also an issue viewing e-mails on a mac when uploaded from a windows computer. We attempted to find plugins to fix this but were stumped.

As someone handling dozens of documents to be attached, I found the file uploading process to be cumbersome as it required you to not only go to a new screen but to have to click upload, click your file, and click again to add it to the account and then go back to the account. That's four steps that could be avoided if there was a simple "upload" button on the main screen as opposed to adding a file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found it's most beneficial to have all employees on the same operating system due to a few compatibility issues, however they were not limiting so long as there is access to both.

I used this to manage a list of clients turning in forms in different increments of time that would last months - sometimes years due to the nature of the item. This can seemingly be hard to manage, but as I was able to create statuses and sort by date the profile was last modified, I easily knew who to send reminders and which customers I was still waiting for. In the event of customer escalations, the account can be flagged for management to review and the history of the account is clearly defined - complete with associated recorded calls.

Salesforce Platform review by <span>Mahalingam S.</span>
Mahalingam S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Absolutely no need maintain the servers - database, application or web. And yearly three releases to keep our code base up to date with all the latest features. And they got trust.salesforce.com to keep us updated on the performance of the various services and upcoming outages if any

What do you dislike?

Some of the limits they enforce like no of fields that can be tracked on an object, no of characters allowed in Apex are more restrictive and they increase it with additional payment above the license cost already paid

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce should fit with your long term road map of cloud adoption especially if you are moving from on premise applications. The initial savings would be high to motivate for the quick jump but over a period of time the discounts offered by salesforce will dry up and you will have to stick to the same place.

To enable partners to collaborate with the customer on the potential deals and send it to the approval process, convert them to the Opportunity. Provide self service features to the partner organizations to manage the access within their organization

Salesforce Platform review by Administrator

Salesforce

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The ability to customized the format of the database to fit my organizations needs. My organization is a chimera since we are a non-profit, but located at a higher education institution. But we do not collect any data from our higher education host, yet we are not solely a stand-alone non-profit.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy way to quickly update multiple records to clean the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have forms that you need to track in Salesforce, consider FormAssembly. I have tried multiple webform platforms and this one is the easiest to link to Salesforce and the ease of use is amazing.

Previously, we used an access database where partners would enter in their data and it would flow to multiple areas. The quality of the data was horrendous, since there was no way to require fields or require consistency in naming (a program had to be added and then participants added with the program title matching the first entry). The database was a mess and Salesforce really saved it.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Salesforce Platform?

* We monitor all Salesforce Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.