Salesforce Platform

Platform as a Service (PaaS) eliminates the expense and complexity of evaluating, buying, configuring, and managing all the hardware and software needed for custom-built applications.

Work for Salesforce Platform?

Learning about Salesforce Platform?

Salesforce Platform Reviews

Showing 100 Salesforce Platform reviews
Salesforce Platform review by Samuel C.
Samuel C.

"Aumenta la productividad"

What do you like best?

En general, el sistema es realmente impresionante, y ayuda mucho con la productividad y las ventas. Requiere un tiempo de aprendizaje para conocer su lenguaje y estructura para configurar cualquier estructura personalizada para su empresa, pero merece la pena el esfuerzo. SalesForce tiene muchas opciones que le permiten realizar un seguimiento de cada paso de una venta. Hay muchas, muchísimas, opciones de configuración, pero para ayudar al cliente hay signos de interrogación junto a la mayoría de los "campos" que explican con más detalle cuál es su función.

Al suscribirte, accedes a la plataforma de Salesforce y todas sus actualizaciones continuas (no es un programa que compras e instalas). Como la plataforma está en la nube, todo se mantiene sincronizado. Hay muchas soluciones de terceros a las que puede integrarse para optimizar los resultados.

What do you dislike?

El soporte no es todo lo eficaz que debería, no está a la altura de la plataforma.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo suscribirse a esta plataforma, para mejorar los beneficios de la empresa.

Da información necesaria para aumentar las ventas.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Platform
Salesforce Platform review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"Salesforce Platform Review"

What do you like best?

There are lots of things I like about using this specific platform, but the best of all would have to be the easy and reliable usability on tracking leads, instant inbounds, and sharing data amongst coworkers.

What do you dislike?

Without a doubt, the toughest thing to learn on this platform was the learning curve. When I first started using this service, I had to be shown at least three or four times just how to use the service. There were no tutorials really on how things worked and I did not really enjoy having to ask question after question to experience co workers who were more familiar with it than I was. I learned it eventually, but it took some time just to learn basic functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fantastic service, however, it does take quite a bit of training to really know the product.

It really is the best platform for us at the moment, we are solving our problems of being able to track our inbound leads, documenting all of the leads, and distributing user and company data to others. The benefits have much outweighed the cons due to being able to really hone in on servicing our customers in an easy manner.

What Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution do you use?

Salesforce Platform review by Paolo P.
Paolo P.

"Needs practicing but it is one of the best task manager I tried!"

What do you like best?

Filter customisation on each case, possibility to pull data across each value per data range and any data, possibility to link Account information, with relevant opportunities and contacts!

What do you dislike?

Customising a dashboard is far-way too complex, they could make the UI more intuitive.

Writing emails via salesforce results in having plain text, there should be an option within it to change this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hope they keep the same tradition Interface and they do not switch to a new one!

I organise the workflow for myself and my team, I monitor the same quite easily pulling reports and necessary data accordingly. I can check the average of days necessary to a specific person in order to close a ticket . The same way I can check data range across the Case-Type.

Salesforce is also super useful to search and find previous data, much easily than doing this via email!

Salesforce Platform review by Morgan T.
Morgan T.

"May the 'Force be With You "

What do you like best?

As a client manager Salesforce provides the ability to quickly create tailored reports that would otherwise take hours in excel. A quick sort can create a report of clients or leads that require followup based on your choice of fields. The ability to integrate different systems to upload communication provides a source of the customer's account history within the company.

The ease of access to e-mail templates and automatically triggering e-mails when a customer status is updated is extremely beneficial.

Customization of dashboards is a brilliant feature allowing management to have an immediate real time report based on lead/customer status. A multitude of options can also report based on fields you create in the case management.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability to mass-edit case titles. If an agent had incorrectly inputted the case title, a manual change was required. There was also an issue viewing e-mails on a mac when uploaded from a windows computer. We attempted to find plugins to fix this but were stumped.

As someone handling dozens of documents to be attached, I found the file uploading process to be cumbersome as it required you to not only go to a new screen but to have to click upload, click your file, and click again to add it to the account and then go back to the account. That's four steps that could be avoided if there was a simple "upload" button on the main screen as opposed to adding a file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found it's most beneficial to have all employees on the same operating system due to a few compatibility issues, however they were not limiting so long as there is access to both.

I used this to manage a list of clients turning in forms in different increments of time that would last months - sometimes years due to the nature of the item. This can seemingly be hard to manage, but as I was able to create statuses and sort by date the profile was last modified, I easily knew who to send reminders and which customers I was still waiting for. In the event of customer escalations, the account can be flagged for management to review and the history of the account is clearly defined - complete with associated recorded calls.

Salesforce Platform review by Mahalingam S.
Mahalingam S.

"Force.com - Paradise to break away from the on premise infrastructure"

What do you like best?

Absolutely no need maintain the servers - database, application or web. And yearly three releases to keep our code base up to date with all the latest features. And they got trust.salesforce.com to keep us updated on the performance of the various services and upcoming outages if any

What do you dislike?

Some of the limits they enforce like no of fields that can be tracked on an object, no of characters allowed in Apex are more restrictive and they increase it with additional payment above the license cost already paid

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce should fit with your long term road map of cloud adoption especially if you are moving from on premise applications. The initial savings would be high to motivate for the quick jump but over a period of time the discounts offered by salesforce will dry up and you will have to stick to the same place.

To enable partners to collaborate with the customer on the potential deals and send it to the approval process, convert them to the Opportunity. Provide self service features to the partner organizations to manage the access within their organization

Salesforce Platform review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Salesforce for Sales AND Marketing"

What do you like best?

It helps the Sales team become more organized, by logging every move they make with a Contact/Lead and it helps Marketing see what necessary steps need to be taken and how we can further help Sales in our efforts to get more leads. I also really like how almost every other vendor has a Salesforce integration.

What do you dislike?

Every couple of months or so, we'll have a glitch in the system that doesn't let us upload updates to Contacts with their email. Sometimes it only works with their name and I will have to re-do my CSV file to make it work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Salesforce in every way you can. There are so many features to leverage as a business.

Salesforce is our company's go-to platform for Marketing automation, Sales management, etc. It integrates with so many platforms we use including Clearbit, DataFox, Hubspot, and more that helps us find and reach out to potential clients.

"Salesforce"

What do you like best?

The ability to customized the format of the database to fit my organizations needs. My organization is a chimera since we are a non-profit, but located at a higher education institution. But we do not collect any data from our higher education host, yet we are not solely a stand-alone non-profit.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy way to quickly update multiple records to clean the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have forms that you need to track in Salesforce, consider FormAssembly. I have tried multiple webform platforms and this one is the easiest to link to Salesforce and the ease of use is amazing.

Previously, we used an access database where partners would enter in their data and it would flow to multiple areas. The quality of the data was horrendous, since there was no way to require fields or require consistency in naming (a program had to be added and then participants added with the program title matching the first entry). The database was a mess and Salesforce really saved it.

Salesforce Platform review by Venkat Iyer M.
Venkat Iyer M.

"Salesforce is the Leader among Cloud Platforms"

What do you like best?

I have been using the Salesforce Platform for almost 4 years now having previously worked with Oracle Cloud and AWS. In my experience, Salesforce is by far the most complete platform that comes with all the necessary tools and APIs to build new applications or extend existing applications on the Platform. It is very stable, highly available and exceptionally performance compared to its competition in this space. The platform continues to evolve and improve thereby providing higher ROI for customers.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things I dislike about Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stability, Reliability, Secure, Flexible, Easy to use.

Association/Member Management, Knowledge Management, B2B eCommerce, Customer and Partner Communities.

Salesforce Platform review by Vivek H.
Vivek H.

"Outstanding reliability, flexibility and stability"

What do you like best?

An extremely robust database offering that offers superb flexibility in creating a database structure to exactly match your (my) needs even if those are quite complex (as are mine).

Great report writer and, via csv uploads/downloads, great interoperability and portability.

What do you dislike?

The built-in Apex language and its sandbox and testing requirements are more than my old-fashioned head has been able to wrap itself around and the help documentation is just as complicated. I wish someone would write a simple primer like the many available on the web for say, Python, to help a beginner make sense of how to write say, a trigger or a customised page from scratch and take it all the way through the testing and sandbox stages to the production environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

What you need: a good knowledge of what your input data is going to be, what reports and analysis you need, what validations are critical, and a decent idea of what constitutes a sensible and efficient database structure. So, yes some prior experience working with databases and tables is helpful, but it's not hard to pick up.

The platform is quite forgiving, so if after creating your database you realise you need something else (or your business needs change), it's quite easy to make changes and retain your data integrity.

The built-in user interface is very powerful even if it's not the prettiest and you get used to it soon. The report writer is outstanding, hiding all the SQL complexity from you and allowing you to create pretty powerful reports using plain English and point-and-click / drag-and-drop techniques.

With a clear understanding of my needs and a decent knowledge of database design I've successfully created an investment and portfolio management app on this platform to meet my needs over the last 6 years. No signs of outgrowing its capabilities and for fiddly stuff there's always csv downloads/uploads and Python offline. Except for a small bit of Apex code and a couple of triggers for one process that I got my son to help me with last year, I put together our entire app purely with point-and-click and no coding.

Using this platform as our backend, we've grown a two-person operation to a two-person operation (yes, just my wife and I) running a business with between 100 to 300 transactions a day for 200+ clients with 2200+ investments in 300-odd mutual fund schemes, scrips and fixed income investments.

And it's available on my iPhone/iPad when I'm out on a client visit - no coding or extra work required from me at all.

Salesforce Platform review by Amit J.
Amit J.

"Coolest SaaS platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, configure and build apps. Most common apps and its features can be built by point and click. Platform also gives the power of Apex programming to give customization capability which may not be possible using point and click. Also it is mobile and API ready. Platform is amazingly fast and developer friendly.

What do you dislike?

As the platform is constantly innovating and coming up with new stuff 3 times a year, its hard to catch up on the cool stuff available and adopt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a lovely developer friendly platform, just spend some time in Trailhead to learn every feature before you dive to implement.

We are using it for product development as an ISV.

Salesforce Platform review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"A very capable platform for developing apps on top of CRM, with limitations"

What do you like best?

The speed to develop an application on the force platform is very quick.

They have done a lot of the heavy lifting for you which can save a TON of time, no need to re-invent the wheel.

By leveraging out of the box features, with a relatively small amount of customization you can get a basic application running in a matter of minutes or hours. This is incredible really, compared to old-school development where you had to write everything yourself.

What do you dislike?

There are significant limitations on the platform, the limits are evrywhere. CPU time, query result size, query statements, it goes on. You will bump into limits all the time, but there are generally ways to deal with those limits. But honestly that is the most frustrating part, the limitations of a multi-tenant cloud environment.

Regardless, it's still amazing what can be done on the platform in such short time.

Aside from the basic CRM, we have developed a huge amount of proprietary software which is very specific to our business. Contract management, inventory management, equipment standards and taxonomy, much more.

Salesforce Platform review by Jeffrey C.
Jeffrey C.

"Consultant Experience"

What do you like best?

I like how easily integrated it is with all of the salesforce data that is most important to the organizations that we work with. We have created many applications on this platform, winter 17 is a huge improvement to force.com. The platform is so powerful because of lightning components, visualforce pages, and having access to all of the data that is in an organization.

What do you dislike?

Force.com is still weak in some areas, but with the most recent updates for Winter '17 I am excited to dive back into the Force.com platform and check it out. I don't have too many complaints in regards to Force.com I really do think it is an awesome platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For organizations interested in features that Heroku Connect provides, but aren't at the enterprise level, or can't afford the cost of Heroku Connect, then definitely checkout Force.com and give it a shot. Either that or contact a consulting agency that can build an application on the platform for you. You have the opportunity to create amazing apps that can be customized for an internal organizations use or an external public facing website. As a consultant we have built websites on this platform and also created custom development tools in order to assist in the salesforce experience, give customers ease of use, or work efficiency.

Application development for organizations that desire to use the Force.com platform. We have used force.com for public websites, internal applications, and for overall enhancing business processes.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Salesforce works well for a large, multi-use company"

What do you like best?

We are able to track many facets of business using Salesforce. We have employed and non-employed doctors all over that we need to track their contact info, theyre business info, and also physician manager interaction info. Salesforce makes this easy to do for multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Salesforce can be cumbersome and clunky for quick API needs that we have with our website. If we want to make small tweaks, it becomes a herculean effort because the tool and the data incorporated into it is so massive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love Salesforce as a 10,000+ person company. There are integration things that continue to improve to make it better, but for our most basic needs of running a large, always-evolving company, Salesforce fits the bill.

We are able to on-board and track all of our doctors easily. We can update, add, remove all the data we need to as careers change. We are able to stay on top of doctor communications. Salesforce helps us centralize all of the data that is constantly changing on a daily basis.

Salesforce Platform review by Christina S. B.
Christina S. B.

"Salesforce is a great tool for sales processes"

What do you like best?

Salesforce has a really great user interface - which they are always looking to upgrade. We currently use the classic version, and have had no real issues. Everything is easy to navigate. We have about 15 or so users in 2 departments and its fairly easy to keep separate what needs to be and keep together what needs to be reported together.

What do you dislike?

They do a lot of upgrades throughout the year, and sometimes its tricky to keep in the know of everything going on. They do have great Help platform, but I feel like the 'ticket system' they have for user issues could be a little bit better then current.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the demos a try and let the reps come out & present. its worth the effort.

We have 3 departments and each have different needs. However we all share the same client base. It makes it easy to report every thing we need to. The reports & dashboard functions really help with that. We can see increased productivity with the activity tracking as well.

Salesforce Platform review by Parthesh S.
Parthesh S.

"Very nice way to organise things"

What do you like best?

This software is excellent regarding the facilities available for organizing things. All the softwares like cword, powerpoint excel, etc are available in one place. Nice service. Easy to use and attractive yet simple user interface. Nice feel while in use.

What do you dislike?

The cost for using the onedrive is a bit high. If price is cut low, many can come for help to this software. Also many open source alternatives are available too, which are similar, Pipeliner CRM, Pipedrive etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, the software is highly recommended and is also easy to use. People planning to do good in their businesses are esspecially recommended to use this

Managing the everyday objects like customer insights, business strategies, potential customers etc. can be used. Good for business

Salesforce Platform review by Steven H.
Steven H.

"Way better iOS App than NetSuite"

What do you like best?

It is a very clean, easy, functional, and useful app to use. I like how I can easily switch between Org's, similar to Google's Gmail app. Salesforce's iOS app blows Netsuite's out of the water. Salesforce1 looks designed like it was for iPhone6, whereas Netsuite looks like it was designed for the iPhone3. I like how I can manipulate my tabs on the app and be able to test it out on my desktop. Overall, best app for a CRM system by far!

What do you dislike?

Since I work in Support, I wish I was able to submit comments using the app. I am able to do everything else with cases, except for submitting new comments. I also wish I was able to edit my tabs right on the app, instead I have to log into my Salesforce and change it from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not much else to consider if you're already using Salesforce. However, if you're deciding a new CRM, you should definitely consider Salesforce and it's mobile app, SalesForce1 because it's the best one in the CRM industry.

It's an extension of our Salesforce, where I can take it anywhere with me. It's very easy to search cases, accounts, opps, etc. Overall benefits: convenience, ease of use, take it everywhere with me.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Internet

"Complex Salesforce data analysis requires custom export but system rules are strong"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is great on the customizing rule-based front. For people with strong system knowledge, Salesforce allows companies to personalize and sort through their data to discover trends that are most important; it also allows companies to set up processes for operational, sales, and marketing people. Its interface is layered and can be difficult to master, but its labels and buttons are mostly self-explanatory.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce is notorious for being like the SAT; in other words, being a power user with the product isn't so much about sales/marketing/data knowledge, but rather knowledge of the product itself. Custom reports and understanding which fields and rules are relevant get tricky at large organizations, but as a member of a small company, we are able to directly talk face-to-face to identify definitions of fields and properties.

No other sales reporting solution worked for us. We were trying to determine the length of time prospects spent in our pipeline, as well as which stage was the hold-up and how we could improve our funnel. Salesforce's combination of multiple kinds of reporting and rules functions allowed us the flexibility to see what we wanted, and was tolerable enough to sales people to constantly input their data.

"I love Salesforce "

What do you like best?

Salesforce ensures that I am able to collect and know everything about the customer I am trying to sell to. I can import imporant data like emails,contacts,revenue, employees etc. that would usually take a sales person hours to research on the internet. It keeps me ahead of the sale with reminders, along with details on when my next steps are to close the deal.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Saleforce is the fdact it doesnt easily sync up with my Outlook as well as I would like it to. It works well but I feel like it slows my outlook down when I do sync the two. That may be due to my internet speed or my Outlook server to be honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More training for new users

We have been able to solve the " who am I targeting?" " where is the order status at?" " did the customer sign the contract?". With the DocuSign integration I know the second the contract is signed and it is linked directly to the account for everyone to see and know it is there for processing.

Salesforce Platform review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"Easy to use."

What do you like best?

All the information that you need about the website is laid out nicely and very easy to use. I did not get lost or confused about anything. I especially like the customer stories section of the website. Very reputable businesses have left "reviews" and shared there stories about how this website has assisted them. The support area of this website is off the chart in regards to being great. There are multiple avenues to contact customer support and get the answers you may have. I do not think you will need to contact them though, because the website is very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I really did not like that in order for me to watch a demo about how the product works, I needed to submit and sign up with my personal information first. I should be able to just watch the video, it really would put your website over the top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and easy to navigate. I think you will be surprised at how easy and affordable this site is to use. I highly recommend trying it out. What do you have to lose? They offer a free trial.

The ability to have customers have a very customized experience. It allows my employees to build apps and save them into the cloud, they have all the tools they need to build apps. Even a small company like mine has the ability to use this website and I have realized that this site is very affordable for me.

Salesforce Platform review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"A holistic view of Force.com with the newest set of updates"

What do you like best?

1. For simple features and automation ,an easy guide can be referred to build out the requirements

2. The option to get "under the bonnet" is available which can be explored using code

3. Has a good code design in-built which helps in producing more refined code

4. With a mandatory test coverage requirement, it helps in keeping the code well tested at all times

5. If you want to customize using a combination of click and code + manual coding efforts - it is possible to do that using many methods that simply link up the click and code part to actual apex codes

What do you dislike?

1. There are many standard code elements that cannot be changed and customizing them requires lot of efforts - for example creating a custom lead conversion

2. Apex codes cannot be debugged for free. The debugger is paid and this means that we have to use SOP to debug

3. SOQL doesnt have many capabilities like the usual freedom provided by JDBC/ODBC

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good customization options with an option to mix and match with the click and code functionality and offers seamless integration throughout

Has Java like feel while coding and any Java developer can be trained on this

1. Business logic like complex rate cards that change basis the account names , some custom values and user inputs

2. Capturing closed opportunity cycles of maintenance

3. Custom business actions basis approval workflow closure

Sales automation, decreased efforts while navigation in CRM

Salesforce Platform review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Salesforce is a great tool!"

What do you like best?

The ticketing (case) system is top-notch. I am able to customize fields as we need.

What do you dislike?

Searching is a bit clunky. Using keywords does not necessarily find the document you are looking for. Also, I perform analytics on our data. Some reports I have created are very useful, but a good majority I cannot create a report for in Salesforce. I instead need to export the report into Excel and from there manipulate the date (using a pivot table) into what I can use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce is an all-in-one tool. It houses our contacts, accounts, tickets, reports, dashboards, and articles, all in one location that is cloud-based.

Salesforce Platform review by Nicoll E.
Nicoll E.

"Salesforce Is Future"

What do you like best?

Salesforce allows my small company to operate competively with larger rivals by giving parity in deal management and account marketing.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce can sometimes be to cumbersome to use, for example, I need to be able create a deal & record information about it, in order to complete that task I need to create an account, add a contact, then associate that with the opportunity.

Our company has solved numerous business problems, our sales department was using outlook and excel to track accounts and opportunities, now we have a common dataset and common language to move deals uniformly through our sales process.

Salesforce Platform review by Lou C.
Lou C.

"Good for basic functions while on the go"

What do you like best?

While we have not customized or fully developed the app the "default" version works well for basic tasks like looking up contacts and adding notes etc while out of the office and traveling for work trips. It keeps you connected until you are able to get to a PC for more involved tasks. Interface on a mobile device is clean and simple to work in and navigate around the app.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislike regarding this product as I use it occasionally for basic functions. It service it purpose for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that the app will need additional development for any business processes or customization within your SF environment.

This is more of a nice to have for our company and adds the flexibility and the actual ability to easily access your SF data while on the go.

Salesforce Platform review by Stacey C.
Stacey C.

"Customized with Force.com"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about the Salesforce App Cloud: Force.com is the flexibility in customizing it to fit our business model. We have been able to configure our own proprietary algorithms that sets our business apart.

What do you dislike?

Because I am not a Salesforce Certified Developer, I often encounter things I want to do, but feel incompetent due to my lack of knowledge when it comes to developer actions. When it comes to Salesforce support on the Developer level, it is confusing and lacking.

We use Salesforce every day on a consistent basis. I like to think of Salesforce as a huge home, and we want to use every square inch of it for productivity. Salesforce allows us to do everything we want. When we want to do more, Salesforce can accomodate our needs.

Salesforce Platform review by Viresh H.
Viresh H.

"force.com - advanced cloud computing as a service."

What do you like best?

Force.com by Salesforce.com is a platform that offers advanced cloud computing as a service.

It supports multitenant applications and caters to various clients with only one instance of the application running.

PaaS offering allows you not to worry about server maintenance or architecture and Native “Visualforce” elements allow quick and easy information output.

Security, both because of code review and because of high degree of control on the platform

Actively under development (Big things underway with VMForce).

What do you dislike?

Apex is a proprietary language. Other than the force.com Eclipse plugin, there's little to no tooling available such as refactoring, code analysis, etc.

APEX is not a fully featured language

-Lots of things you might wish were there aren’t.

-You will have to port them yourself or make outbound webservice calls.

Developer tools continue to be somewhat lacking (even though the Force.com IDE runs in Eclipse you can’t use many of the Java focused extensions and build time is slow).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be some pain, but you should be okay developing small to mid-size apps on the Force.com platform, and you will do even better if you learn some Tips and Tricks and/or minimize coding in APEX

Salesforce.com is a software by no coincidence has won most innovative company in the world 2 years in a row and has been growing astronomically year over year. Salesforce as a company is constantly innovating, pushing the boundaries and thinking outside the box.

Making an application on Force.com platform is easy and fast. Various tools provided by the platform make things really easy for the developers. Force.com provides many features like multi-layered security and social and mobile optimization.

Salesforce Platform review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Flexible and easy to use for a non programmer"

What do you like best?

It is very flexible and easy to setup with just clicking and formulas that anyone who is familiar with some of the work Excel can do. Making an app for people is easy and does not require much help. The Salesforce documentation is very good and uptodate which helps a lot for people who are just joining in and there are many videos available on Youtube for a person to follow if they cannot afford to go to a training or visit Dreamforce. They offer a lot of classes for a person to attend in person or online. The Dreamforce event is a fantastic place for people to learn new skills and ask questions.

Reporting is a breeze and it is well used and liked by the staff.

What do you dislike?

You see what you get. There is very little a person without programming skills can do to the look of pages. The web pages for Salesforce are very basic and functional but does not offer a lot for customization without a lot of work in programming new pages or other code. Some features people can expect like highlighting fields to fill in does not exist. The best thing is that after a validation a person is pointed to the missing field.

Some settings are bundled together where setting someone up as an admin is required for some abilities to manage groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a development environment and test things out. Watch videos and use what you know to make an app to show people. Show them everything they can do in the system such as ad hoc reporting.

We were able to have a public facing site with a minimal cost to us. We were able to develop, test and train all the users in under 4 months. We had an old system that was not able to be accessed outside the network but now we can and people outside our network can send documents to us without staff having to scan it in. People could not make reports without a programmer now they can.

Salesforce Platform review by Tomy P.
Tomy P.

"Powerful at its core"

What do you like best?

I like the apex language and its flexibility and power which it provides. It comes along with great features and it also allows creation of custom VF Pages which can be integrated with salesforce. I also like the way the apex code renders into html and also the ability to integrate with other web frameworks is also very good. The ability to create objects and fields on the go is a great feature which has no match.

What do you dislike?

- The apex governor limits is a headache

- The debugging tool that comes along with force platform is not upto the mark and does not contribute much.

- Developer console does not save the code at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce is the product to go for if your organization is a large one and needs a place to keep track of your business contacts and opportunities at one place and also if you want customization then there is no other like Salesforce in this field as of now.

Busines problems like integrating with other sites and creating portals are very easy using salesforce. Also the creation of objects on the go and storing data allows us to mix customization into the standard ones. Salesforce also gives APIs to work with to manage the contacts, leads and the opportunities which allows us to work on the lower core level and interact with it to modify it according to needs. Report generation is a breeze on salesforce which allows forecasting and analytical snapshot which helps understand the business in a better way.

Salesforce Platform review by Daisy r.
Daisy r.

"professional sales software "

What do you like best?

Al the info needed at the fingertips, even in-depth search in short time

What do you dislike?

Takes time to learn it to use it at full force, needs training to get all of the benefits, without special training people tend to use a week sheet! LOL!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training on this product, when used properly it will perform all you need to get in-depth info for your team and client accounts!

Senior sales account manager, full responsible for all the in and outs, pipeline of many millions!

"Salesforce.com"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, access anywhere and flexible structures to allow you to capture the information you want to collect.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lead/contact structure. However by creating lead master companies, that's helped keep the database a bit cleaner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go with SFDC. The marketing automation platforms CRM systems are average at best. Dynamics CRM is just access on steroids.

Also, SFDC integrates with basically everything seamlessly. But if you're just getting started, leverage SFDC integrations to help you determine other things you need. Chat services, calendar features, automation platforms etc.

Customer information, sales automation and access to information. Salesforce drives a culture of information and understanding the value of information.

Salesforce Platform review by Alan D.
Alan D.

"High level, solid, transactional, very scaleable application platform"

What do you like best?

I like the object oriented data model, which comes with standard objects such as Account, Contact, Activity, and is easy to extend with custom objects; I like the fully transactional execution environment, which allows me to build custom code using the Apex (very Java) language; I like it's support for batch processing; I like it's very comprehensive APIs for access from external applications; I like the development platform that lets me build packaged applications that will install on any Force.com system; I like the fact that the platform enforces a requirement for code coverage through test methods before any new code is deployed to a Production environment.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a bit weak, and their workflow tools are not great. They also are hooked on social stuff - which they called Chatter - which seems to be getting most of the attention in terms of new functionality, at the expense of other requirements.

I built a complete Subscription Management application on the Force.com platform, and I'm very confident that the result is robust, secure, scaleable, and capable of supporting future requirements.

Salesforce Platform review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Easily accessible and lots of resources to help learn the platform"

What do you like best?

There is a robust library of resources and help available to help guide you through the Force.com platform.

What do you dislike?

Complex rules can get very cumbersome especially for those without a programming background. It's not as easy to learn as they make it out to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a significant time commitment to both implement and learn the platform. However, the potential is great once a org is acclimated to the platform.

The platform allows us to self service certain needs such as customized workflows.

Salesforce Platform review by Praveen Makam K.
Praveen Makam K.

"One Stop Shop for your business"

What do you like best?

Salesforce cloud based platform, ease-of-use, level of platform support to custom develop your business requirement. Apart from all these, developer community is of immense help to learn something and quickly implement the change in your org for your sales people. Using a platform like salesforce, sales engineers at my workplace are closing deals at a faster pace having less turn around time and as they say "Right information at the right place and the right time".

Salesforce App Cloud: Force.com --> a customer success platform.

What do you dislike?

Initially, I am no big fan of "click - click - click - full and save" framework. It used to be a lot of effort to remember and each and every step to think about. With the invent of schema builder, API level support, Metadata API access. We are good with it.

I wish pulling along heroku in to salesforce should be made more smoother

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to make your business move in the right direction and tracking every detail, app cloud is the way!

we had a scattered sales data from multiple legacy systems since ages. We have moved all the data and implemented all the business processes in salesforce. To make the system efficient and seamless, we have implemented the best practices and the latest methods making the org smart.

with the salesforce, We have solved reporting issues, Server/database maintenance,with the custom business process - we are at a fast pace to help resolve customers issue.

We are also using CTI for more than 1800 customer support reps to address our product related issues/queries.

Salesforce Platform review by Rich S.
Rich S.

"Take Control of Your Business!"

What do you like best?

Force.com allows you access to a VERY powerful relational database. The granularity in user permissions are awesome, the ease and ability to quickly roll out a product is awesome. The validation rules, automatic emails that can be generated. Force.com really put the power to model your business needs very well. It is also very cool that Salesforce allows an AppExchange. For us this has meant not waiting for Salesforce to come out with a solution that might be lower on their priority list. We have been able to find some innovative solutions on the AppExchange that have totally made Salesforce be amazing.

What do you dislike?

Initially the views are very sterile. Just long scrolling lists of data. You can get over this by using visualforce. But we found an AppExchange app at www.skuidify.com that totally, totally, totally, (yes, I did say that three times) customize the UI experience. Skuid for the UI coupled with Salesforce removes any complaints I have about Salesforce. And Skuid is totally declarative so it is really easy for non-programmers to pick up and get to work. Together they are amazing and allow you to create anything you need for your business. We also needed custom form generation and Conga on the AppExhange is filling that gap. By creating the AppExchange Salesforce has really insulated themselves from dislikes because you can probably find a solution to your problems. I guess the only dislike would be the added costs and wishing it were in the core platform. But Salesforce serves a very diverse group so them focusing on the core and letting others focus on the periphery is an excellent strategy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Force.com but wish you could customize the UI please look at Skuid. It will change your life. Salesforce is powerful! It is amazing! Couple it with Skuid and you will be able to develop your whole business on the platform in an intuitive way. They go hand in hand and should be together.

We provide 24 hour care for disabled patients. So we are tracking patient information, medications, contracts, billing, caseloads, houses, offices, utility payments, leases, medical appointments, vehicles, scheduling. We are basically using Force.com to run our business. Force.com is amazing and coupled with Skuid it will revolutionize your business. I am a business owner and I can implement a new idea declaratively in less time than it would take me to explain my idea to a TEAM of developers. Seriously it is that good. There is a learning curve, but it is not too steep and the results are incredible.

Salesforce Platform review by Jack D.
Jack D.

"All encompassing platform"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, scalability, multiplatform... This covers nearly every IT solution facing company... From Project Management, Collaboration, Service Desk, Sales, Content Management... Lists goes on and it all sits in one place..

What do you dislike?

The product is excellent but the implementation partners can be awful. My advice get a senior technical lead who is well certified and has experience... Don't fall for the slick sales guy and the big named firm.

Project Management, Collaboration, Service Desk, Sales, Content Management... Far cheaper solution that their competitors.

Salesforce Platform review by Agency in Hospitality
Agency in Hospitality

"Salesforce"

What do you like best?

I like the customization that it allows so that we can run our business as we choose. Once you get used to it, it's easy to use and is laid out in a logical way.

What do you dislike?

This may be how my company personally uses it, but I don't like the restrictions required to finish projects. Not everything applied to all situations and that makes it difficult.

Cross company communication, historical documentation, housing all account information

Salesforce Platform review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Tremendously powerful "

What do you like best?

Saleforce is a flexible and highly powerful CRM tool that encourages collaboration and information-sharing.

What do you dislike?

The price of a full license is steep, which makes it tougher to roll out to everyone.

In addition to managing sales, our teams have used Saleforce work queues to manage a variety of different projects. When a piece of software failed on us and we were on a tight deadline, our team was actually able to use Salesforce to create a new project management/ticket process on the fly. I cannot think of another platform that would have allowed us to bring that project to completion on schedule.

Salesforce Platform review by User

"Great task manager "

What do you like best?

It organizes and lets me organize with different boundaries. I love that I can rearrange everything and sort it how I need

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to learn and would prefer a program that is simpler and easier to learn

I am able to follow up with clients easier and i love getting the reminders to follow up with people

Salesforce Platform review by Mayuresh G.
Mayuresh G.

"Awesome Force Provide By Force.com"

What do you like best?

Developers can leverage functionality so they can get their own applications. This reduces development time, infrastructure headaches, and enables efficient uses of startup capital.

For startups targeting enterprise customers, the best-in-class security and certifications enable customers to be comfortable with sharing their sensitive data. And because most IT departments are familiar with the Salesforce platform from their own evaluation for internal usage, IT due diligence is not a major hindrance during the sales cycle.

What do you dislike?

If we developing on Force.com, developers may find themselves locked into using Salesforce.com technology since Salesforce.com CRM products do not have cloud portability.

Force.com is built with a broad range of development tools–so many that developers of various skills and skill levels will be able to easily develop a Force.com application with their preferred tools.

Force.com uses its own proprietary development language, called Apex. Though some developers might balk at the idea of learning a new language, Apex is very similar to Java and C# and includes traditional C-style syntax. Apex also works similarly to other database languages like T-SQL and PL/SQL.

If you don’t have the time or resources to write code, designers are available to create an application entirely on the Force.com website.

Salesforce Platform review by Manish S.
Manish S.

"The best CRM tool on the cloud"

What do you like best?

Force.com, the cloud computing as a service offering from salesforce.com. It offers very easy configuration and extremely easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes has slightly higher response time and takes time to reload

Used custom workflow functionality provided by Apex. The workflow creation is very flexible and can be tailored made as per customer workflow requirement

Salesforce Platform review by Anika R.
Anika R.

"my experience with SFDC"

What do you like best?

integration and ease of use with different platforms

What do you dislike?

too many steps for some of my day to day use cases

easy to track prospecting efforts and sales

"SI-ISV Partner Manager"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and mobile friendly. I also like how there are a lot of add ons that you can buy to add additional functionality

What do you dislike?

To change the formatting of the layout is difficult. Also, setting up dashboards can be complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform for those looking to grow their business. This system will help you scale to growth. There are a ton of add ons on the appexchange that allow you to increase functionality across different departments.

I'm helping evaluate our partners and looking at different partner metrics. Using the report tools really help me and the dashboards really help myself and other visualize the impact that they are having on the business

Salesforce Platform review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Data House "

What do you like best?

When used correctly, Salesforce is a powerful tool for the sales and post sales teams.

What do you dislike?

The look and feel of Salesforce is very outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using other platforms then make sure it can be integrated with Salesforce.

Business problems I am solving is understanding market penetration. Benefits I have realized are the abilities to customize fields.

"Force.com Review"

What do you like best?

I love the seamless integration between the apps that are on platform. Need a billing solution, there is an app that will seamlessly connect to your ERP solution and your CRM solution. If you are a Salesforce.com CRM customer, then connecting your back office with an ERP solution on the Force.com platform allows for a 360 view of your business, on a single platform. Efficiency increases and employee engagement also increases by lessening the load of learning and adapting to different systems. Having everything on platform also allows for a single version of the truth allowing for executives to make more informed decisions.

What do you dislike?

There are not many dislikes I have with the platform. The one thing that can potentially become an issue is being beholden to the platform. There won't be much flexibility or leverage on my part if all of my business units use some form of the platform. Should I ever need to move my business to a new platform solution, the migration might be a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to search throughout all the apps and their potential benefits to your business. There are plenty of apps that service different challenges, including industry specific apps.

Information siloes. I had different departments working with different software solutions causing multiple entries, errors, overwork for my employees and operational challenges. I needed a solution to cut down on all the mistakes and allow all my business units to access the SAME information in order to efficiently service our customers.

Salesforce Platform review by Dave D.
Dave D.

"Force.com - Rapid App Development"

What do you like best?

The Force.com platform is for more the just CRM! Great, flexible declarative tools with built-in automation and workflow. And when you need more, write awesome apps with Apex and Visualforce.

What do you dislike?

Licensing can be hard to manage at times, but still worth it.

In the Higher Ed space, we use the Salesforce platform to build out department-specific apps in record time.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"All the data you will ever need, in one place."

What do you like best?

We use Salesforce for all of our reporting and data storage everyday. Salesforce is the first thing I log in to every day and I like how easy it is to navigate and use its features.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints about Salesforce. The UI used to bug me but now that the new Salesforce lightning is on the way I can no longer complain about that. Sometimes 3rd party app integrations can be difficult to set up, but that is more their issue than Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research for other CRMs on the market, especially if you have a smaller business. Salesforce is a very robust platform that might not be necessary for your particular business. Have a good roadmap and plan for what exactly you need to improve your business.

We use the platform for Sales, Marketing, and anything else you can think of.

Salesforce Platform review by Rob M.
Rob M.

"Building tolls on force.com is very easy and intuitive."

What do you like best?

Its ease of use and availability to use standard SFDC components make it very reliable and cut down on building time. Plus it makes it easier to integrate back to SFDC.

What do you dislike?

speed can be an issue and sometimes causes other things to lag since it is a shared server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure to learn APEX and know what the best formulas to use when are and what is already available to you

We have written many apps for many different reasons including our launch check list for client launches and lead to account matching tools.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Internet

"Salesforce is the Cadillac of CRM"

What do you like best?

They are always improving an already great product. It's great for tracking prospects from lead to client. Running views are easy for someone that is not a database person.

What do you dislike?

Reports are still a bit confusing for me but I think that's more me than the software. Seems a lot of dev is going into Lightning and not much into Classic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company has the budget - go with Lightning instead of Classic.

Being able to access the right people at the right companies through searching our Salesforce database.

Salesforce Platform review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"SalesForce1 Experience"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is easy to use and provides great insight into our sales forecast pipeline. Internet based availability has increased adoption with our sales team globally. Having one central location for both forecasting and contact management has improved.

What do you dislike?

Because of our sales hierarchy, some of the reporting functionality is challenging to use. The management of opportunity splits is difficult to manage. Would like more flexibility with reporting dashboard graphics.

Trying to get an accurate forecast. Chatter has been a great success in communicating to sales. Management uses Chatter to communicate big wins and trouble shoot roadblocks that sales encounters and provides solutions that the whole organization can benefit from. Has greatly reduced the "silo" effect that sales was operating under previously.

Salesforce Platform review by Neeraj M.
Neeraj M.

"Great Experience for customization of VF pages"

What do you like best?

Triggers, VF pages and can include any type of js, Components & inbuilt ajax using action function.

What do you dislike?

There is no debug pointer available for debugging the functionality. The save->compile->run cycle is extremely slow,

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very good platform for developing a functionality and some what easy as there is not so much code we have to write if we are using only Apex

We can customize any thing on VF page can create edit update the functionality with triggers and workflow.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"comprehensive"

What do you like best?

everything in one place

integration with additional apps

What do you dislike?

leads and contacts and campaigns are all separate datasets so I have to run individual reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

most widely used/ recognised CRM tool- therefore good understanding in the market place and integrations from 3rd party apps/ technologies

what data we have

tracking customer journey

Salesforce Platform review by Warren S.
Warren S.

"Intuitive and perfect scope"

What do you like best?

I feel this application provides just enough features without being overwhelming, and still being easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything in specific. Maybe the reports could be a bit less intense?

Salesforce greatly eases the CRM processes. An industry leader like this will not let you down.

"#1 CRM Go for it"

What do you like best?

The best thing is most of the thing s are point and click.It is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It has some governor limits but being a cloud platform everything has to have a limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best.

With Salesforce we are trying to improve customer relationship by sending mails .

Salesforce Platform review by User in Internet

"Evolution rather than a revolution"

What do you like best?

Another option to host apps through this cloud based service. Reduces in-house development time. Good for those that have light usage and for short durations and those that are currently on the Saleforce family of products and services. Not pure java functional features. Security features.

What do you dislike?

Not an open source platform which slows development in the platform. Also not all the tools are as responsive as we like it to be. Growth and pricing tied to Salesforce which can lead to questionable expenses ala Oracle. Certain tools also leaves a lot to be desired for a platform that is trying to grow. Security options that at times seem weak and not that much in terms of custom features.

Expanding our app selection and lowering the barriers of development and testing all in one.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Internet

"Clean, efficient, productivity tool"

What do you like best?

Cirrus has continued to improve the method in which your emails sync over to Salesforce. The newest update has made it a seamless process in ensuring sent and received emails are accurately tracked in your CRM. Without Cirrus Insight, my week would consist of hours wasted on logging emails accurately. As a high volume SaaS sales rep I can't imagine doing my job without this tool.

What do you dislike?

Cirrus Insight's basic features are dead simple, but there is SO much there, it's like learning a new language to figure it all out. New people are bit intimidated by the depth of features. They could do with some better documentation and tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that if you want to save time during your work days, to really try out this product and not give up on it too early. It does take a little time to get used to, but when you get the hang of it, it is really a very useful utility.

Salesforce has no way for non-Microsoft-Exchange Outlook users to add emails into Salesforce (ridiculous, right?!). I am a Google Apps user and now only use Gmail. Cirrus' Gmail plug-in solves this problem and *then-some*. You can log emails into Salesforce opportunities and add attachments. The Cirrus plug-in also allows you to log outgoing emails , track that they've been opened and even designate to send them later. One more cool feature is that you can add a follow-up to outgoing emails .. Cirrus will send you a reminder email for a task related to that email. I haven't even touched on the fact that when you scroll over a contact from whom you've received an email, you will get a synopsis review of that contact at the right side of your email box (contact info, opportunities, activities, etc). All in all, I'd be lost without this plug-in.

Salesforce Platform review by Vincent S.
Vincent S.

"Great product to use love it "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. How it helps grow our business. and how it helps me track daily actives of my direct reports. It makes my job easier

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product. It is very easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get its a great product I love the ease of use.

Tracking my direct reports daily actives. Boosting our sales and rep actives

Salesforce Platform review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Excellent platform for rapid development!"

What do you like best?

I have used force.com platform to develop a custom loan origination system with digital contract signing. After this was completed built call center management system, billing these clients. At first it was a little overwhelming but now I wouldn't choose anything else. We are able to make changes in logic that will simultaneously update internal, mobile, and web systems for processing contracts. If we were to do it again we would have started sooner and hired a dedicated team to start the conversion from our legacy system.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce can charge an arm and a leg for some things and worse is data storage. Don't be afraid to negotiate with them and they will usually give steep discounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to a sales rep they can usually get you a free account to test before you decide to use it.

Salesforce Platform review by Pete B.
Pete B.

"Administrator"

What do you like best?

Availability of apps. Huge variety of different vendors. Very attractive for businesses to create apps for easy integration to Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Transition between app functionality in Salesforce Classic and Salesforce lightning.

Productivity and efficiency of systems.

Salesforce Platform review by G2 Crowd User in Human Resources
G2 Crowd User in Human Resources

"Great interface that allows me to keep track of my prospects, clients, and referral contacts."

What do you like best?

Salesforce has a great interface that allows me to keep track of my prospects, clients, and referral contacts. I love how it keeps me organized and helps track my sources of business.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to track my activity on a daily basis, and sometimes management uses Salesforce to micromanage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you should give it a try and see how you like it. It's not the cheapest solution out there but it certainly is useful and has a great interface.

Salesforce helps me keep track of my prospects, clients, and referral contacts so that I can stay organized and helps track my sources of business.

"On cloud, fastest way to get things done with Salesforce"

What do you like best?

The features are best-in-class. Provides security to your data and manages all your data in a single cloud-based storage. It is a collaboration of all your project needs in one place.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that would dislike about it, but would specify small limitation in some features. However, as this is still growing, these limitations should be taken care of.

Supports on-the-go experience with mobile support.

Salesforce apps can be collaborated and integrated with other systems maintaining security and reliability. Advanced UI experience with new features in every release.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Salesforce on the go is not a bad way to go"

What do you like best?

I like that I can be on my salesforce game whenever and wherever I am. I randomly need to use this so having the app cloud is a nice touch - on the go.

What do you dislike?

There can always be a smoother flow to these types of mobile apps. A more dumbed down approach is always beneficial and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the app cloud you might never go back. It makes things more efficient overall I think. You might too.

Business efficiency increases for sure as you can always be adding info or changing info on the go is helpful. Sometimes you forget to input some info on salesforce when you're away from the computer so this eliminates that error.

Salesforce Platform review by Sapana R.
Sapana R.

"Beneficial for customization "

What do you like best?

This allows developers to create multitenant add-on applications that integrate into the main Salesforce.com application.Force.com applications are hosted on Salesforce.com's infrastructure.

Flexible, handy........I am loving it

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Sometimes because of multi-tenantcy and saas you have some governnor limits

Recommendations to others considering the product

It requires developers who understand the platform.

Providing CRM solutions to clients, Small business can be handled easily by this CRM

Salesforce Platform review by Komal K.
Komal K.

"Started using this year and love it so far!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use; solved a lot of our app concerns/issues. Easy to use dashboard and reporting, especially for a variety of users.

What do you dislike?

I have been very happy with the product so far; it was a bit more expensive than we were looking to pay but it has been worthwhile so far.

We were having some compliance and access issues before using the app cloud

Salesforce Platform review by Venkat A.
Venkat A.

"Best Platform"

What do you like best?

Powerfull platform for next generation apps. Rapid Application Development

What do you dislike?

Pricing and not a open source platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best platform for Rapid Application Development

CRM Solutions

Consumer Profiles in single view

Salesforce Platform review by Sajila K.
Sajila K.

"Great Cloud CRM platform!!!"

What do you like best?

This CRM platform has everything categorized in different clouds. Sales,Service, Marketing, Analytics etc. It has also got it's own database which makes things much easier!

What do you dislike?

The frequent updates and the governor limits!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really cool.

It has got everything ready in it's point and click interface. Also it allows the modification of the environment by using apex and visualforce development.

Salesforce Platform review by Juliet G.
Juliet G.

"Love the flexibility of building our own Apps on the SFDC Platform"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform and being able to create custom objects with specific workflow logic.

What do you dislike?

The SOQL query limits can be challenging.

We built a custom CPQ and an Engage Legal workflow process.

Salesforce Platform review by Yehia E.
Yehia E.

"I used SalesForce for integrating and deploying some business and web service components."

What do you like best?

It was handy with Java, which was one of the requirements of our customers then.

What do you dislike?

There was a lack of documentation about some advanced methods. Also I remember, there was a bug of one of their api methods and it took a lot of time from the development team to find another workaround.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you need to avoid the headache of integration and building complex and customized business workflows.

We used Apex to create custom business workflows for our customer. It was really customizable and fits our requirements.

Salesforce Platform review by Benjamin V.
Benjamin V.

"Salesforce CRM"

What do you like best?

Keeps all my contact in order and has a very user friendly interface. I learned how to use the system within an hour a couple years ago and it has gotten better ever since.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be a faster way to eliminate/change past due tasks. A quick view function of the profile (not just the task) with the option to change the date should be available.

I use salesforce to track my sales prospects and leads. It makes sure I follow up with my contacts regularly.

"Salesforce CRM"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the ability to grow the features as needed.

What do you dislike?

The pricing for adding users to a company.

Ability to maintain contact and management all prospects and customers for each employee.

"Everyday User "

What do you like best?

The user interface and its ease of use. The ability to have all of the information I need at my fingertips and the transparency I have into my activity history.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the data entry that is required such as inserting the 'account' or 'opportunity' that is associated with each contact everytime i log activity within the system.

I'm more efficient and relevant when reaching out to my customers because I can reference my previous activity that is shown in the CRM. I'm able to access all the information I need in my day through one interface as opposed to managing data in various systems.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great Organizer of Information"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the ease of use and how drilled down you can input information for every client/customer you need to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

The look is quite primitive compared to most CRM platforms or other.

Being able to track customers and update their information, their concerns, and their social medias is important to our company. Integrated social media platforms are helpful when dealing with trolls, etc.

Salesforce Platform review by Yi-Ju C.
Yi-Ju C.

"Need quicker response"

What do you like best?

Documents are quite easy to understand.

Helpdesk system is very easy to use.

and the Dev community is strong enough to see how people solve problems.

What do you dislike?

While working with the SSO integration, it was painful to wait for responses.

It usually takes two to three days for one question.

Not easy to work with if ur product cycle is relatively faster.

We use that to ease our customers' nerve.

But, it seems clients tend to contact us directly.

So...

Salesforce Platform review by Sheetal P.
Sheetal P.

"Nice...!!!"

What do you like best?

Salesforce1 is a brand new way to experience Salesforce from any device, CRM, custom apps, and business processes together in a unified, modern experience for any Salesforce user. With the power of the Salesforce1 Platform, you can now customize and build any app faster and instantly deploy that functionality through the Salesforce1 app.

What do you dislike?

Quiet expensive and its pricing model is very confusing.

Handy for admins for any customized apps.

Salesforce Platform review by Sanjeev M.
Sanjeev M.

"Simply the best"

What do you like best?

Simple UI with no errors and easy to use

What do you dislike?

long query takes more time and join functions sometimes error out

sales and marketing

Salesforce Platform review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great experience "

What do you like best?

Salesforce has greatly helped my company optimize our lead generation process, and helped us keep track of our clients and leads

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when dealing with large numbers of records, salesforce can be slow. Also, the limit of mass editing or mass emailing 200 records makes things more complicated.

Lead generation, keeping track of clients.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Computer Software

"This is a great product, very efficient both on the computer and for mobile-access. "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this platform is built on the cloud and that the security is top-notch so i never have to worry about privacy concerns.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the platform lags sometimes and takes a long time to edit data due to the reloading process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good feel for the platform and begin to understand the functionalities.

The platform allows me to keep track of all of my data and the calls i'm making along with any related notes. The benefit is to keep on top of my tasks.

Salesforce Platform review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Force.com Platform Review"

What do you like best?

Great cloud based platform. It was easy to switch to Force.com (Apex, SOQL, Visualforce) from Microsoft .NET(C#, T-SQL, ASP.NET)

What do you dislike?

Governing limits can be a problem when trying to build an application and try to scale it for a high data volume.

Customization Salesforce.com and integration with Master Data Management system and other back end systems.

Salesforce Platform review by Nakul K.
Nakul K.

"easy to use."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, covers a lot of bases and integrates with other systems.

What do you dislike?

It's clunky in terms of changing fonts and character size. Is also too sensitive when trying to edit templates.

The software is customizable. Ask questions and make sure you enable the features and functions that fit your needs best.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Computer Software

"The ultimate tool to maximize sales efficiency. "

What do you like best?

The tasks function and how easy it is to stay organized through that.

What do you dislike?

The amount of effort it takes to make sure the information in there is clean. Obviously thats more on us than the platform but it is slightly high maintenance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you put in the initial effort to make it work, if you don't , it can get messy quick.

Potential sales deals aren't slipping through the cracks, thats the biggest benefit I've received.

"Salesforce"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate the addin with outlook for activity and time entry

What do you dislike?

The apps poor UI and navigation to account details

Opportunity and forecasting and tracking

Salesforce Platform review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Pretty easy software to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. able to sort through my leads quickly and organize them by a calendar. The dialer allows you to efficiently contact prospects.

What do you dislike?

I wish that "My Tasks" list allowed me to see not only the client's name but their email as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't compare it to any other software because this is the only one I've used so far.

My role is to sell online generated insurance leads to insurance agents nationwide. Benefits include organizing my sales pipeline and a more efficient flow of prospecting.

Salesforce Platform review by Shashvat M.
Shashvat M.

"Force.com review"

What do you like best?

quick development and ease of set up of development environment

What do you dislike?

flows r diffucult to interpret n mix of point n click n triggers can be confusing

sales and service clound implementation usinf force.com platform apex viualforce

"Collaboration and Communication"

What do you like best?

This allows all members of our company to be up to date and collaborate on all facets of the business from all of our offices.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit overwhelming as a new person.

Collaboration and Communication. Data management,

"Great "

What do you like best?

The best part is its ability of point and click

What do you dislike?

There are some governor limits which hurt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it .Its #1 CRM

With salesforce we want our customers to provide them a ease to manage application in the cloud

Salesforce Platform review by Agency
Agency

"Salesforce, Great tool"

What do you like best?

Salesforce is very user friendly and enables me to be more efficient in completing my tasks.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce is awesome, there's nothing to dislike

Mailers, and other pertinent information that we provide to our clients. I'm more organized now.

Salesforce Platform review by Susan M.
Susan M.

"Robust yet Easy app tool"

What do you like best?

The visual data modeling tools make the db design really straightforward and manageable. And because force.com comes with so many of the salesforce strengths baked in, you get the benefits of a mature, production tool AND the features of a tool custom built for your unique specs.

What do you dislike?

About the tool itself...I pretty much like it all. There were a lot of sales calls from salesforce once I signed up for force.com....but I don't know how else they'd be able to offer such a big hunk of the full toolset for free.

Salesforce Platform review by Connor V.
Connor V.

"The possibilities are endless"

What do you like best?

The best part about the Force.com platform is it's versatility and flexibility which allows companies to resolve gaps in solution providers quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

One of the only negative things that come to mind about the Force.com platform is storage costs. They could me a bit more competitive to industry standards.

Salesforce Platform review by David H.
David H.

"Consultant implementing custom solutions and user"

What do you like best?

Strong, secure, flexible platform. We solve very disparate customer problems to move business processes to the cloud with Force.com, including those with very sensitive data (like PHI with HIPPA implications).

What do you dislike?

The report writer lacks certain power I was used to back in my Crystal Reports days.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Trainer on Salesforce "

What do you like best?

Browse and easy to access different function and going from screen to screen

What do you dislike?

Too easy to make a mistake, get lost in the system, and assistance was not knowledgeable enough for the program we needed

Reporting is simplified

Salesforce Platform review by Kyle T.
Kyle T.

"I am a developer and former admin of salesforce.com"

What do you like best?

Continual growth of the product. Each release brings new functionality.

What do you dislike?

Lack of recognition for some basic issue. There are many ideas that would be straight forward to implement on the ideaexchange that just have not been done.

Salesforce Platform review by G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting
G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of sharing data with other offices

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything to dislike. It is easy to use and has several features that work well for everyone.

We have offices all over the country, including home-based offices, and this gives up the opportunity to include EVERYONE.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Computer Software

"I love using SalesForce"

What do you like best?

I like that all of my customer and lead data is centralized in one location.

What do you dislike?

When the system is updating and I'm entering in information, it won't save. I have to refresh the page and lose my info that I was trying to enter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations at this time

Have a platform to store data and share with colleagues.

Salesforce Platform review by Tom T.
Tom T.

"Force.com user "

What do you like best?

You can create and you and buy apps, its so convenient

What do you dislike?

Pricing sometimes is too expensive, but I love the free apps.

Salesforce Platform review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Force.com"

What do you like best?

Like the reusable components and the out of the box mobile first approach to enabling mobile apps.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is higher relative to competition.

Rapid application development. Significantly faster to deploy custom apps on the force.com than with .NET or Java.

Salesforce Platform review by junaid m.
junaid m.

"can obtain every detail at your finger tips and all the customer details are properly arranged"

What do you like best?

need not maintain a separate excel sheet as all the client details can be stored and accessed through cloud any where any time without any hassle .

What do you dislike?

can reduce the fields and keep only relevant and mandatory ones so that filling up process is lesser and faster

Salesforce Platform review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"account accessability"

What do you like best?

the easy access to account and the ability to move fluently through account information

What do you dislike?

nothing yet, salesforce has been a blessing to my everyday business needs

everyday account issues

"Force.com Implementation Partner"

What do you like best?

Flexible and can start developing from day one.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need developers who understand the platform.

"Good platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to create VisualForce pages on the platform.

What do you dislike?

Learning Visualforce from scratch and the tutorial pages can be difficult

The benefit is having all Salesforce tools available. Creating Visualforce pages are pretty simple and straight forward.

Salesforce Platform review by G2 Crowd User in Financial Services
G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"We use this to place investment trades"

What do you like best?

It's very organized, never crashes and keeps me compliant.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Works well for us. We love it.

We use this to place investment trades.

"Awesome Product"

What do you like best?

Flexibility and the customization that you can do

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, product is heading in the right direction.

Helping our customers sell more

Salesforce Platform review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

A cloud-based CRM offering that is best in class

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about the product that I dislike

Providing CRM solutions to clients