Salesforce Email Studio

Salesforce Email Studio email marketing tool (formerly ExactTarget) is a targeted email marketing provider for Fortune 500 and Small Businesses alike.

Work for Salesforce Email Studio?

Learning about Salesforce Email?

Salesforce Email Studio Reviews

Ask Salesforce Email a Question
Showing 745 Salesforce Email reviews
Salesforce Email review by Mark N.
Mark N.

"ExactTarget - Does it all and more"

What do you like best?

We are currently using ET's Enterprise 2.0 and I find it to be an incredibly flexible tool that can do just about anything that we ask of it. We send 60 - 80 Million emails messages in about 160 different campaigns each month. Some senders are "Full Service" where our ET team does the build and deploy of the message - and some are distributed "Self Service" users that build their own message and then we send centrally. Both work very well. We have pushed the technology often and have found that ExactTarget is always able to do what we request. We also find that there are many ways to complete any task - this is good and bad. As we move forward some activities are done one way and some are done other ways. This flexibility is great until we try to back into what was done in the past.

We are using ET for normal campaigns as well as triggers, transactional, and streams. There is new functionality that will apparently make some of this easier for a novice to manage - but the fact is that anything is possible today as long as you understand the way the tool works in the back-end.

We are thrilled with our decision to use ET as our main ESP and highly recommend the tool to anyone looking.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there are many ways to complete a task leaves many tasks done many ways. This flexibility can be confusing over time.

Reporting is also an area that could use some improvements. We found that many of the "Out of the Box" reports would not work for us based on the way that we were originally set up. This would have been great to know up front as we may have changed our set up requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recommend the tool and the organization. The tool is easy to use and very intuitive, and keeps improving - and the organization is top notch.

We send a very high volume of email - from a large number of business units - utilizing many very technical sends. SMC is able to handle all of our needs successfully.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Email Studio
Salesforce Email review by Danielle H.
Danielle H.

"simple to use but could use a few imporvements"

What do you like best?

Best, its all on the internet. Easy to use, multiple users can view what everyone is doing. You can schedule, upload documents, and create emails EASILY (point and click) in seconds. When they announced our company would be using a new program for email marketing i was hesitate cause of the negative experiences we had in the past, however, this was a GREAT improvement

What do you dislike?

we send a lot of emails to our members. As a result our content builder does fill up rather quickly. I noticed from various times of use, that the more in our content builder, the SLOWER the website acts. Example, i started using it one of the first few weeks, the website worked extremely fast. about 1 month later, i have google loading faster than the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Appears very complicated at first, but, it is not. From someone who never received a manual for it, i use it daily and can with my eyes closed. Reports are AMAZING provide a lot of information to interpret and better strategic for your business

we are able to send newsletters faster and simpler. we are able to upload the content for the newsletter within the same platform, knowing that there wont be broken images. We also have the capability of adding files/documents/etc to a newsletter - something that we would have to host somewhere in the past and then upload and hope the connection would take place

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Salesforce Email review by Jordan R.
Jordan R.

"Potential to be powerful, but not a fluid experience"

What do you like best?

For companies with large databases that need to be mined, Salesforce could be a good solution for you. That is, if you have the developer resources available to assist your marketing team. Other pros include a very integrated ecosystem in which you can link customer data to your email campaigns, with the ability to send text messages, in app messages, link to Facebook lead gen ads, and more.

What do you dislike?

While SQL queries can be powerful, and Salesforce provides the ability to host and maintain large databases, it’s not very marketer friendly. The ability to pull basic segment should of subscribers open and click engagement is way more complicated compared to other email platforms. A few other negatives are that Salesforce is session based, so you can’t have more than one tab open at a time. It often loads very slow. The out of the box reports are clunky and not always helpful, and they take a long time to pull. There are very limited data visualizations within the platform for campaign performance as well.

Salesforce Email Studio allows us to identify customers available for various promotions at different stages in the customer lifecycle through our Salesforce database. We are able to automate some promotions, while taking a more manual approach to others, as well as reach customers through various channels even beyond email.

Salesforce Email review by Danny (Danny Blaq) T.
Danny (Danny Blaq) T.

"Top of the class but support is severely lacking"

What do you like best?

I would like to note that email marketing platforms should be reviewed on 2 different landscapes 1. Marketer 2. Developer. Most of these email applications focus on non-technical end users that are relying on the application to provide the heavy lifting but when you are a dedicated development resource that can build any and everything, your perception of an application is quite different.

Salesforce in my opinion allows to satisfy both over any other application that I used and I use quite few. You can use their out of the box solutions and build your campaigns but if you are looking to do more complex or custom items SF can pretty much accommodate it by their data extensions, SQL and Ampscript which is the most powerful of the application that no other can match in that way. Of course all of these platform providers will tell you otherwise.

What do you dislike?

SF service is horrible, their tech support, the customer service, etc. Basically they feel themselves as top in the game and they don't need you as you need them. That is the attitude across the board. I hate dealing with any of their team members, a lot of times it's a waste.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a reason why Salesforce is the top player in the email space if you are taking email very serious for your business, there are almost limitless possibilities to build custom applications to fit your needs out side of the "playground" that many providers provide meaning, that they provide the template of what you can do, some are better at thinking of a broader use case spectrum but nevertheless you are still constricted by that, any data, custom development or integration is required by the vendor even if you have a team skilled to do so. Salesforce is almost its on dev environment.

Acquisition, Engagement and retention.

Salesforce Email review by Bryan C.
Bryan C.

"Managing Multiple Newsletters Using Salesforce Email Studio"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate back and forth between different business units inside of Exact Target, as well as the ability to choose which lists you want to send your emails to.

What do you dislike?

It may be that I'm somewhat limited with the features available to me, but I wish it was easier to create sub-lists of subscribers inside of Exact Target. For example, segmenting lists by zip code is not the easiest thing to do but is very relevant to my business (music industry).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible, try Salesforce on a trial basis with one of your accounts. If you are just needing a very basic and intuitive email platform, this might not be your best bet. Salesforce appears to be more robust and designed for professionals, so I'd recommend if you're looking to heavily use email in your digital marketing efforts!

It is relatively easy for our developers to connect and integrate Salesforce into our data collection/email capture splash pages. It saves me from having to import an entire list at the end of a campaign, and allows me to track sign ups in real time.

Salesforce Email review by Allison E.
Allison E.

"Not Worth The Cost"

What do you like best?

The one thing Salesforce has, according to my coworkers, is the functionality to accommodate high volumes of secure data - which is why they initially chose it. In the work we do, the importance of the data being secure is very important and apparently, at the time, Salesforce Marketing Cloud was one of the few email providers that satisfied our needs in that department.

What do you dislike?

I have been unhappy with Salesforce for quite a while now. I know it is one of the more pricey ESP's out there and I do not really understand why based on the amenities. First of all the design capabilities are limited at best, they do not have a good tool to begin with and when I use it I feel like I am using a platform that was built 10 years ago both aesthetically and functionally. They do not transfer well from what you see on the screen when designing, compared to what you get in your inbox. Also, coming from MailChimp at my previous company, they are limited on what I thought were basic features such as timezone sending and viewing what emails will look like by device (i.e. phone, tablet, desktop, etc.) The last big annoyance I had while using them, is that I would attend webinars that I received invitations to via emails from Salesforce themselves (I'm assuming they sent them to anyone who had an account with them) to teach users how to take full advantage of certain capabilities. The thing is - afterwards I would ALWAYS receive a sales email from them thanking me for joining the webinar and then trying to get me to purchase the product. I always had to explain that we already do purchase the product and that was why I was in the webinar in the first place, it was quite tedious and eventually made me stop attending the webinars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only advantage to this ESP was really it's capabilities of handling mass quantities of data in a very secure environment, but in 2017 we have many other choices with the same features that do not cost as much.

We are a marketing company with many clients so we needed an ESP that could accommodate us having many sub-companies under one umbrella. Also, the data that we handle is very confidential and needed to be secure so we chose the client based on it's experience with handling large quantities of very secure data and the features it presented to us that a lot of other ESP's did not have in this aspect.

Salesforce Email review by Johnny B.
Johnny B.

"Very customizable, but not ideal for companies with small teams or little resources at Salesforce"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to write out my email content down the last drop however I want it to be. I love being able to put some of my programming ability to work with the many integrations that salesforce has with most partners.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce isn't an ideal solution for small teams who are trying to manage all these programs in-house. Journey builder is supposed to be a simple drag and drop feature that helps us keep up with our subscribers, but we've been in more than a mess trying to get things to stop breaking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you either have enough invested into the Salesforce support team or in your own team so someone is always available to keep up with some of the errors that may trip up the functions of the Marketing cloud

We are using Salesforce to keep our email content in-house and customizable by anyone on our team. We have been able to make quick changes in little turnaround time.

Salesforce Email review by Abby H.
Abby H.

"Great Option for Complicated Email Sends"

What do you like best?

I love how flexible the email studio is. I can build emails without a ton of prior coding knowledge, but I can also access the HTML when I need to.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve with this, as with all Salesforce products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does take some time to learn to use the product. I'd recommend budgeting for Premier Support for the first year. This gives you access to accelerated support right away, which is great. And it's helpful to use the accelerators to learn to use the Content Builder and Journey Builder and other features.

We are able to message our audiences in a very segmented, one-to-one way. The Marketing Cloud is also nice for us because we are Sales Cloud users. So we do most of our list management through the Sales Cloud, which is where we're most comfortable.

Salesforce Email review by Elyse A.
Elyse A.

"Easy to use to create attractive emails!"

What do you like best?

I've used several email design studios and SalesForce is probably the easiest to navigate and understand. The controls are laid out well and clearly labeled. Anyone, even without previous design experience, could make an attractive email quickly with Email Studio.

What do you dislike?

If you are more experienced with design and you have a specific look you're going for, it can be slightly challenging to get SF Email Studio to cooperate. Because of it's ease of use, some of the features are overly-simplified and don't allow you to tweak them as much as you might want to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SalesForce is great if you don't have a super experienced design team. It's easy to use and you can get a really eye-catching email out of it quickly and with little effort. The A/B testing and dynamic fields are easier to set up and use than in other email design platforms I've used. My only hesitation would be in the limitations of the designs you can do in SalesForce. Really complicated emails, like newsletters, can be difficult to get just right if you're picky. I think this is due, in part, to the fact that everything is already optimized for mobile. Keep in mind what YOU will need SalesForce to do and if it fits those needs. If you want to send quick, eye-catching emails, I highly recommend SF Email Studio.

We use SF Email Studio to create eye-catching emails that help us reach potential donors and educate them about our giving initiatives and opportunities. We're able to use dynamic fields and A/B content testing to really target our audience and draw them in. Dynamic fields in subject lines have helped us increase our email open rate and consequently, our giving participation rate.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator

"THIS IS HORRIBLE DO NOT BUY "

What do you like best?

Template building - that's about it. And even that is horrible.

What do you dislike?

Where do I start. We purchased a "support package" through a third party that Salesforce recommended, that did absolutely nothing. Setup which should have taken ~ 1 month is still not complete and it's been 6. Nothing is easy, and honestly, nothing works!! If you have a degree in brain surgery, perhaps you can figure out this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We seriously considered hiring someone with Salesforce Email Studio Background part-time just to assist us with the normal, day to day use - this took hours, and I mean HOURS of our time to do just the basics... and we still cannot get the automations and features to work the way we were told they would.

We were hoping to use Marketing Cloud to synchronize all of our email sending in one place (we're currently using multiple different systems.) Because we couldn't get this to work, we are now still paying for multiple solutions, on top of this cost.

Salesforce Email review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Been Using For A Few Years Now... Meh"

What do you like best?

The only good thing about this system is that it is connected to Salesforce... which is not that unique these days. I inherited this system from a previous user. IF you are already using this and have some basic stuff set up, and don't really want to change much or try new styles, it functions.

What do you dislike?

I have not had a chance to work with the latest updates and try out the Content Builder, so I am basing my review on the classic version of the system. It is slow, not user friendly, has tons of bugs and quirks, the integration with SF is awkward on the SF side, building templates stinks, using the templates stinks, and the content editor inside of new emails is horrible and full of bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I mentioned earlier, I have not given the new Content Builder a try yet, so they may have made some great improvements that I simply haven't seen.

It is our primary bulk emailing system for communicating with our leads, and we also use it to send release notes and announcements to our clients.

Salesforce Email review by Daniel d.
Daniel d.

"Salesforce Email Studio: a great mailing tool with a long way to go"

What do you like best?

Email Studio is a powerful tool that allows multiple options for the sending, design and personalization of mailing campaigns. In contrast to other tools, it is worth mentioning the possibility of unlimited shipments to carry out tests. On the other hand, it is also important to highlight the existence of two ways of creating emails: drag & drop (simple and simple, allowing designing emails to people who do not have programming knowledge) or HTML (this allows people who have knowledge in programming and those that can not create people with knowledge tecnix) It allows sending unlimited test mails. It also allows to include dynamic personalization in the mails, being able to offer personalized communications for the users to whom we are directed. Finally, it is worth highlighting the use of the Salesforce Content Builder as a repository for graphical resources and email templates used in previous projects.

What do you dislike?

Although its Drag & Drop functionality allows the creation and design of templates and emails in an easy and simple way, it does not allow or take advantage of the full potential of the tool, and in many cases it ends up being necessary to use the HTML editor to adjust visual contents, include dynamic personalizations, or link the mail to the data extensions (database of users to whom the shipment will be sent). In addition, it is sometimes necessary to introduce AMPscript in the HTML of the email, so it is necessary to have technical knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the functionality of Drag & Drop is very powerful and allows you to make emails in a simple way, it is necessary that everyone who uses Email Studio learn HTML and AMPscript knowledge in order to extract all the power that the tool brings to the user. It is also necessary to have a minimum knowledge of SQL to make the shipments binding to the user databases. Email Studio is a tool that requires an initial effort from the user to know it, but once this happens it allows the use of very powerful functionalities.

In the project in which I participated and in which Email Studio was implemented as the main solution, it made it possible to take advantage of other Salesforce Marketing Cloud modules that allow improving the services to users. For example, Marketing Automation was used to include the designed emails and send them based on the user behavior parameterized in a customer journey.

Salesforce Email review by Greg L.
Greg L.

"Dynamic Tool to Segment and Track Your Market"

What do you like best?

I like being able to search by many different parameters in many different markets to find the perfect niche and maximize my ROI.

What do you dislike?

There are still kinks as with any similar software, mining doesn't always produce exact leads for your current brand message. Very few features don't work with certain company browsers or hardware, but this company is always working to improve its services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not be afraid to ask support or your admin any questions. If you continue to do the same thing over and over without maximizing what this software can do, you'll get the same lackluster results over and over. They are there to help!

We are solving new age problems associated with the rise of digital marketing using Salesforce. We are able to customize emails, track CTRs, etc and aggregate all the information to export by excel. Reporting ease is always great at a big company.

Salesforce Email review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"Horrible, buggy and unintuitive"

What do you like best?

If you need to do relatively simple ad-hoc campaigns or quick a/b testing, then Salesforce Email Studio will work.

What do you dislike?

The overall platform is very buggy and slow. It is extremely time-consuming to build out lifecycle campaigns due to several glaring missteps that were taken when the journey builder functionality was released. In order to use dynamic content, you also needed to know ampscript. Ampscript is a type of code that is native to email studio, so nobody knows it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend the use of this product. We are no longer using it and have switched to a better product. In going through a RFP process in order to choose the new product, it seems there are many other companies doing a much better job than SF is with Email Studio.

If you need to send an SMS or email, it will do it.

Salesforce Email review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"To little too late"

What do you like best?

Not much. SFMC/ET leaves a lot to be desired. They were one of the first to be able to be personalized and have dynamic content.

The folder structure for organization is good.

They are one of the few that offer a heat map of clicks for your one off instance deployments.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. Starting in ET as mentioned with dynamic and personalization was new to email. To be able to do it wasn't easy. With the addition of Content Builder it has become easier, but the sync to your legacy doesn't work, though they came it does.

The customer support, even at the enterprise level is really bad and not helpful.

They have campaigns but other than for organization they don't mean much.

The reports are limited, especially for triggered sends.

The ability to customize the preference page layout is not available. All you cam do is in admin change colors and logo.

The entire dashboard is not attractive or a good UX. It doesn't appear othr than color and embossing the new content builder is an improvement.

I know they are doing alot with updates to Content Builder, Journey Builder and Audience Builder but they are still behind the leaders in the industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this point no. I have migrated 3 times away from SFMC.

I will say if they can figure out the connectors to their parent product they will be much better off.

They are headed in the right direction because they have identified their shortcomings and are rebuilding the system to be more user friendly.

In 2013 the main focus was to be able to use personalized emails and later dynamic content.

Salesforce Email review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Great Email Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a send preview option, and it allows you to see how your email will display in mobile. You don't have to continuously send yourself test emails to review. It has cut down on my overall time spent on updating emails.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the new content builder. It's not easy to move templates or previous emails into that section. I haven't spent a lot of time in this builder because it is not very intuitive. I build my emails in the classic content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new content builder needs work. Not sure if there are resources to help navigate this new process.

This software allows me to see where people are clicking in my emails in a heat map view. This has helped me edit my emails and use content blocks that are appealing to my audience and receive a lot more clicks.

Salesforce Email review by Steve J.
Steve J.

"Great customizable user interface. "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Salesforce Email Studio is the automation setting that allows me to automate the distribution of all my reports and messages. This is very useful because how I have been able to save time and send e-mail messages during holidays like Christmas. This feature has allowed me to step away from the computer while still sending e-mail messages on days that are important to me like Christmas and Thanksgiving.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit complicated until learned. For example, when I first starting using the platform I was not quite sure what everything on the homepage meant. But after I took a little time and went through the FAQs I learned what everything meant and used everything to my ability. One other thing that I dislike about this is the price. Although reasonable I wish (like most people) the price was lower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you read up on how to use the software before using the software.

The business problems that I am solving with this product is the managing of time. I do not have a lot of time to create great promotional e-mails and this product allows me to do it very quickly. After I started using this product I also realized the benefits of how the Salesforce Email Studio can pinpoint my most active e-mails subscribers which help me engage with them more. By also saving time I have been able to be away from the computer more and get other business related things done.

Salesforce Email review by Ripal P.
Ripal P.

"ExactTarget - Loving It"

What do you like best?

We are using ExactTarget for promotional and transactional emails. Ability to tie directly with the database using data extension is great. The built-in mobile optimization capabilities are also incredible.

What do you dislike?

HTML Formatting, even with the assistance of the content builder, remains an occasional challenge. Many times when you test an email that you have written and formatted small things appear off when you send it to your personal email for review. Very hard to see HTML changes on the fly. After changes you need to restart trigger to see changes, it won't pick up easily.

We were able to create custom emails for shipping confirmation and delivery confirmation. Also, it helped a lot for promotional emails.It is our primary bulk emailing system for communicating with our customers.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator

"Easy but annoying at times"

What do you like best?

It makes sense! It is easy to understand. Easy to use. The design of it is clean as well. You can segment your audience into lists and groups which is nice for us as a center that has very specific festivals with a wide range of topics. We can send to individual festival lists, or group them all and have an email to all festival subscribers. You can also save templates of emails to edit and send whenever you need which has saved so much time for us as we send weekly emails with the same format but different information in everytime.

What do you dislike?

The premade templates cannot be edited. There are little quirks when in the design studio that are annoying. like if you a box over too far your whole email gets shifted. There are built-in quirks when using the design studio that is not difficult to get over just annoying and time-consuming. I've learned a lot more about HTML coding because that is an option and sometimes easier to use when the design studio is being difficult about bullet point size or color.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely at least try it out.

TRACK RATES!! you can use it to see who opens what emails and if they unsubscribed. It also allows us to segment our users so that we can better track what they are actually interested in. And again, the ease of designing an email is great.

Salesforce Email review by User

"Not worth the cost right now"

What do you like best?

The recent updates they've done have greatly improved user experience in terms of building emails, such as it's much easier to import photos than in Classic Content.

What do you dislike?

Fundamental issues still persist. For example, there are multiple ways to schedule an email send, which is sometimes helpful but most of the time it's confusing because nothing is very intuitive. For example, I needed to schedule 5 emails over 2 weeks, and the emails would be pulling on a list that was updated in Salesforce every day. I thought that I could do a regular schedule send using the Salesforce data extension, but that didn't work. The list it pulled was reflective of the list the day that I scheduled all the emails, not the day they actually went out. What I guess I should have done instead was create 5 automations for each email send. Typically, I've only really thought of automations for welcome series and thank you emails, which is why I don't think this approach is very intuitive.

Other things I don't like about the platform: reporting, profile management, links (they expire!), importing lists from Salesforce (general subscriber management).

We're trying to build brand recognition and trust with our supporters. We've been able to deliver well-designed, consistent emails, but not to the credit of the platform. We build almost all of our emails from HTML, not the WYSIWIG editor.

Salesforce Email review by Todd E.
Todd E.

"Excellent solution (that's growing) but lacks in some areas."

What do you like best?

I like how much control Email Studio gives to the technical user over the end deliverable. I don't feel inundated or impeded by the interface in achieving the end the result (dropping email code, adding lists, etc...) The interface doesn't "get in your way" when trying to execute. I also like the scalability of the product, due to the ability to integrate it with many different systems and applications. They are improving on giving you a high-level view of how different campaigns are working with their Marketing Cloud direction.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little clunky/slow at times to load. There are a ton of things you can do within email studio, but many have to be enabled and setting them up can be unintuitive/and or require a support call. Documentation on the product seems to be behind and in some instances hard to follow, and utilizing the software with templates is difficult. Again it is more of a system for a technical user (not intuitive, user friend;y compared to other platforms) but it is very powerful. Reporting is improving but the "out of the box" reports are lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize some of the recommended consultants from SalesForce when implementing the solution. There is a TON of functionality in the software, and understanding how to properly implement it will save a lot of headaches and re-work down the road.

We are consolidating, amongst other communication types, all of our email company wide to Email Studio. We are having our sub-systems trigger Email Studio templates for different email types (commercial and transactional). This is allowing su to manage the end deliverable via one system and gain operational efficiencies.

Salesforce Email review by Kimberly C.
Kimberly C.

"Salesforce Email with Secondary CRM"

What do you like best?

Most products have some type of scanning feature that is helpful to eliminate content that may mark your email as spam. Salesforce has a great Content Detective tool for this - extremely helpful and it is very effective at catching a variety of potentially problematic words/phrases/etc.

What do you dislike?

We still build our HTML content in a secondary program called Mail Builder - it is much more helpful in designing responsive emails and working with that code.

We use the Email Studio as a tool with our CRM for prospective students. All of our e-communication for a variety of personas is stored in Salesforce and pulled into the CRM (Ellucian's Recruit product) via a bridge. This has, so far, allowed us significant efficiency in automating messages based on a student's lifecycle or the stage in the enrollment process.

Salesforce Email review by Executive Sponsor in Law Practice
Executive Sponsor in Law Practice

"Scalable, but Complex"

What do you like best?

This solution is greatly scalable and can be perfect for a small or large business that needs basic email marketing all the way up to complex, personalized, digital client journeys. It is easy to learn, simple to use and quite intuitive at its core product. It is responsive to screen size and can be quickly customized with just a bit of coding knowledge.

What do you dislike?

While very scalable, you won't be able to scale up in-house. Buying the add on services is easy, but you'll need to engage in costly contracts with 3rd parties to stand up and integrate any new services. Typically, you'll also not be able to make any updates or edits to your set up without a separate 3rd party engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something to be a massive journey building tool, this may be right for you, but be sure to buy the complete project outright as multiple 3rd party engagements to piece meal such a project are untenable. If you have a full fledged developer in house, you might be interested in starting small with this software. Do not expect much help from Salesforce, you are expected to know exactly what you want. No projects are handled by Salesforce, all projects are subbed out to 3rd parties who tend to come and go.

We are allowing instant end user control of content subscriptions, reporting subscription and usage of content back into our CRM and including limited personalization of content and audience segmenting to deliver more tailored content.

Salesforce Email review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good for Enterprise users "

What do you like best?

Salesforce Email studio offers a comprehensive package of tools to create e-mails from html. There are a lot of great ways to customize, create templates, and track their delivery and clicks. You can send e-mails to any number of e-mail lists. Those lists integrate directly with the Salesforce CRM, making E-mail studio a natural program to use if your company uses Salesforce CRM.

What do you dislike?

If you're a business looking for an e-mail platform that is user friendly, this isn't it. While seemingly fine to use at first, it gets rather glitchy, adding or eliminating spaces, changing formatting, etc while I created messages. It could also offer better built-in templates and guidance for users who just want to get to a finished product quickly. It is frustrating when the program is glitchy because of the truly awful customer service from Salesforce. In the past year, the customer service has gone from available via phone to only available via email within a few days. For a small office trying to get out content quickly, this is unacceptable, and consequently, we are switching away from this platform in the future. For the tens of thousands it cost to use the program (Marketing Cloud as a whole), it's frustrating to have such poor service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If others are considering using Email Studio, make sure that you will use all of the features. Otherwise, it would make sense to use a cheaper and more user-friendly program.

Salesforce E-mail studio really does give great customization abilities. Anything that users may want in an email message, it can likely happen with this site.

Salesforce Email review by Rajdeep S.
Rajdeep S.

"Good tool for Email campaigns"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, easy and effective in managing and sending emails.

What do you dislike?

Personalization is very basic, anything that requires more personalization requires AMPScripting which markeitng teams are not good at / higher learning curve. Salesforce should enhance this feature to enable marketers to be able to set up campaigns on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Email Studio as it's a powerful tool that helps with email campaigns. With the newest release, Email studio is also accessible from the iOS and Android apps available on the marketplace. This is really cool now that you can send/track emails on the go from your phone.

We're trying to solve for email campaigns for onboarding new customers and for keeping them engaged while we sign up.

We are also using Journey builder which allows one to one customer journeys that can be customized for each individual to serve their needs better.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator

"Great for batch and blast, but very buggy"

What do you like best?

The Journey Builder is easy to use, albeit a bit slow to load. It does a good job at visualizing work

What do you dislike?

It is only optimal as a standalone or minimal integrations -- once you start getting into more complex integrations or even integrations with Salesforce Sales Cloud, many issues start to appear. Furthermore, these issues can often only be fixed by a support person. However, it's clear that there is little internal knowledge about the Marketing Cloud Connector into Sales Cloud, so my issues often go unresolved with an unsatisfactory workaround. Not user friendly to those who are not comfortable with data analysis and SQL -- even though we have a data team that can help. It's also not great at reporting and it can be arduous to gain insight into campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use caution when setting up your instance, especially if you are relying on an integration with Salesforce. Also, the pricing is based on both # of messages AND # of sends so you have to do a cost analysis of how long this product would pay your back in conversion.

Create journeys for leads and customers utilizing multiple channels including email. We can track our unsubscribed and open rates.

Salesforce Email review by Horia C.
Horia C.

"Strong Choice for Email Marketing "

What do you like best?

SFMC has numerous alternatives to finish assignments. Need to create another portion? Utilize SQL Queries, Filters, Measures, Join Relational Tables. Need personalization? You can utilize basic factors or announce special cases - open choices through AMP Script at Run Time.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things that I detest, at times there are latency issues yet that is not out of the ordinary with a mind boggling platform like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relatively few individuals are as comfortable with a portion of the extra features like Marketo and Salesforce Communities. In this manner, less use by organizations and these modules could be exceptionally useful for overseeing reps and showcasing campaigns.

Right now we are attempting to get a higher open rate and the A/B testing device encourages us test two diverse headlines to see which one more individuals react to. We test each title to 10% of our rundown and the triumphant headline at that point sends to the rest of the general population.

Salesforce Email review by Lynette R.
Lynette R.

"I have been working with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud for 5 years - primarily in Email Studio."

What do you like best?

Email Studio is a very powerful, robust digital marketing tool. I use it as part of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud AND connected through the Salesforce CRM -- so, I can send emails from either platform. It's a nice way to connect both Sales and Marketing platforms and be able to share data and creatives between the two. You can also set up automated and triggered emails, from basic one-time triggers to complex multi-step customer journeys.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve with Email Studio, so training of internal staff is definitely advised. I've done training that lasted anywhere from 1 hour to 20 hours (broken up, of course). Since it's such a powerful platform, the more complexity you add to your marketing initiatives, the more training will be required or you will need to hire a Salesforce services partner to work alongside your team. It's also not the cheapest platform out there. Someone who is used to Constant Contact or Mailchimp will probably have sticker shock if they move to SFMC Email Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples when you're scoping out email platforms. Email Studio is not the same as Mailchimp, for instance. Ask for a demonstration of the platform - either from Salesforce directly or from one of their Services Partners. In addition to the platform cost, consider allocating some dollars for onboarding, implementation, training and support. Salesforce has different support options, and you can also contract with a SF Partner to provide services and support. Make sure to map out your immediate and long term digital marketing needs BEFORE you decide on a platform. And, make sure the plan spans all departments - Marketing, Sales, Operations, IT, Customer Service, etc. That way, you can judge its scalability and ability to meet your needs ongoing. For instance, you might just need simple email marketing now, but two years from now, you decided to add a CRM and connect Sales data to your marketing efforts. Or, you may decide to give Customer Service the ability to add a caller to a particular customer journey. Or, you incorporate social media marketing into the mix and realize, after the fact, that the platform you chose can't integrate with it. I am a Marketing Consultant and this is part of what I help businesses do - scope out needs and match up the technology.

My company is an email marketing company and a Salesforce services provider. We have worked with more than 900 customers on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Email Studio. We handle onboarding and implementation of new accounts, custom mobile responsive email template design, email automation, Journey Builder, third-party platform integration, API, data modeling and segmentation, reporting and analytics, and much more. What I like about the Marketing Cloud is that it can handle all of this and more - from basic to very complex. We have solved business problems for a wide variety of clients from very small businesses to corporate giants in all industries. The scalability of this product is very good. There's something for everyone. And, I like the way it integrates with all the other Salesforce Studios (Automation, Mobile, Social, etc.).

Salesforce Email review by Administrator

"Good tool for email marketing, a few frustrations "

What do you like best?

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a leader in the email marketing industry. Their JourneyBuilder is really cool and innovative and I anticipate their launch of Einstein within the email suite to be even better. Their customer support is good and their Dreamforce event is not to be surpassed. Good A/B testing and basic reporting.

What do you dislike?

They lack some really basic functionality. For example, they lack the ability to export email templates to HTML and you can only search for subscribers by their email address - not by any other attribute. Also, their reps only care about making their commission. If you contact your rep about anything other than buying something they will not answer and they do not care about you or your business goals.

We use it for our email marketing. We have seen great ROI on our email sales vs. the cost of this tool.

Salesforce Email review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"Salesforce Email Studio is fantastic"

What do you like best?

I like how quickly I am able to help customers. I also like how seamlessly the email studio ties to social media, so if a customer contacts me on there, I am able to reply without a hassle. It allows me to help my customers in the most efficient way possible.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I do not love about the Salesforce Email Studio is some of the script options. I feel like some of them could have really been written better and a little less generic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to customize things and make them your own. The studio is a little generic and with a little work, can really be made to fit companies and situations really well.,

Some of the agents have been able to learn a lot from the scripts. They have learned enough to not have to rely on them, but rather know how to customize it and make it their own and make it feel less generic to a customer.

Salesforce Email review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Slowly Improving Platform"

What do you like best?

Marketing Cloud is part of the Salesforce family so it naturally works well for companies that utilize Salesforce as a CRM or support services.

What do you dislike?

Marketing Cloud is trying to grow and match competitors with automations and workflows, but they are doing it within the older frame work, making this system more complicated than necessary. Some of the tasks are the opposite of intuitive and the usability of some functions is still years behind competitors. This system needs to be updated FAST in order to meet the demands of B2C customers. Also, the implementation process needs to be far less painful - it currently takes a wizard to perform. And the training and certification is pricey and difficult to schedule. Making training for certifications available via online courses will save users time and money. The more people you get certified the more likely they will spread positive remarks on Marketing Cloud.

The best part about Marketing Cloud is that it's integrated with Salesforce CRM so the data integration works wonders for segmenting email lists.

Salesforce Email review by Julien C.
Julien C.

"Awesome experience using SFMC Email Studio !"

What do you like best?

- The new Content Builder being integrated within the Email Studio experience

- Sharing contents with other Business Units

- All we need to prepare, test and send email campaigns

What do you dislike?

- Content Builder is not integrated with Marketing Cloud Connect and could not be used within Sales Cloud email send

- No folder available in the Interaction tab of Email Studio (Report, Import, etc.)

- The A/B testing standard feature is really only for ad hoc campaigns and not for journeys

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really intuitive for marketers, the user interface uses a WYSIWYG interface.

Data driven platform + FUEL MC = powerfull 1:1 marketing

- Ad hoc email campaign

- Automated newsletter

- Personnalization (AMPscript)

- Content Management Systemem (CMS)

- Profile / Preference Center

- Opt-out management

- Custom email template

- WYSIWYG interface

Benefits:

- Integrated solution

- 1:1 personnalization

- Responsive Design

Salesforce Email review by Brandi B.
Brandi B.

"Salesforce Email studio makes the perfect personalized emails."

What do you like best?

I love how very highly personalized emails and how easy they are to make with drag and dropping. The predictive text is also a really great feature. Each email that I send looks highly personalized and customized to each customer.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. I find it very easy to use and my customers are very happy with what they receive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the templates and have them set up for different customer needs. It can save a lot of time and it is really useful. The drag and drop is also a great tool to take advantage of.

I have realized that I can send a wide range of email and meet my customer's needs without having to spend so much time working on the emails and letters I am sending to current and potential customers. It has freed up a lot of my time to do other things.

Salesforce Email review by Adam M.
Adam M.

"Salesforce Email Marketing - Review "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create templates. The new content builder features of the program are streamlined and easy to use. You can easily drag and drop different modules and create a variety of different emails for various campaigns and initiatives. The service also provides an opportunity for you to work directly with the HTML code, which is helpful for debugging purposes, formatting etc. The built-in mobile optimization capabilities are also incredible. I feel fairly confident that my content will always look good on a phone. Lastly, the list-building capabilities of the program are strong and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Formatting, even with the assistance of the content builder, remains an occasional challenge. Often times when you test an email that you have written and formatted small things appear off when you send it to your personal email for review. Setting up dynamic content also does not appear incredibly intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time working with online tutorials to maximize the product's benefits. If financially feasible, also consider buying a package that provides customer support.

We are able to add, organize and segment our mailing lists. Additionally, we are able to create custom emails for various audiences that look good on a variety of devices. Lastly, Salesforce Email Studio offers some valuable analytics, such as a breakdown of where clicks happened on an email, open rates, hard and soft bounce rates, etc.

Salesforce Email review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Capability vs Usability"

What do you like best?

- Integrations with third party services/API

- Ability to connect multiple channels (text, email, landing page) in email journeys

What do you dislike?

- Unintuitive and overly complicated UI and email processes

- Expensive -- best for larger businesses with complicated data and/or large customer bases

- Management disappears after the contract is signed

- Recommends unaccommodating and unresponsive third party vendors

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce Email Studio is really only worth it if you already have their CRM and plan on multiple "clouds" to support your sales, marketing, and/or advertising. Especially if you're a small to medium-sized business, you can do much better for much cheaper. Look for an email partner with an intuitive UI, ease of integration with 3rd party apps, a simple lead generation connection, and reliable pricing and support.

Send Members the right information at the right time with journey builder--an additional component that comes at a cost.

Salesforce Email review by Taylor J.
Taylor J.

"Very poor experience - error-prone and not user friendly at all"

What do you like best?

I can't think of many positives. The journey builder was the only thing we could get to work at all, and it wasn't great

What do you dislike?

It took a ton of extra development work and setup to try to get Marketing Cloud to work for our business and we could never get it to work right. We kept having issues and ended up having to cut our losses and move to a new marketing automation software. To make it work it required a lot of coding. The interface was not user friendly at all. The email builder tool is poor compared to other tools out there. The journey builder has very limited options. The list management system is terrible. The reporting is too complicated. The Salesforce integration which should have been a big plus was worse than other Marketing Automation / email tools I've worked with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it unless you've done a lot of research and know it will work for your business

We were trying to use the solution to send emails and create journeys for leads

Salesforce Email review by Cara W.
Cara W.

"Non-Profit Version Is An Afterthought"

What do you like best?

I liked that I could say I was using a Salesforce product, even though I was working in non-profit. The product was cutting edge (at one time) and did offer data that was easy to digest.

What do you dislike?

Salesforce shifted their focus to other tools (like the marketing platform) and left old users (like non-profits) on archaic tools because they continued to pay for them. For example, I was using a mobile optimized template to send emails, but later found out that that template didn't come with CSS. The template was receptive to me creating my own CSS and entering it... Furthermore, the product lacked account executive support and our questions went unanswered for months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps the non-profit version is no longer being rolled out to new clients. In this case, Salesforce Email Studio may be a better fit for your organization.

Salesforce email studio was used to send emails to more than 30,000 members of our non-profit organization. We needed to communicate to them for upcoming events, the monthly newsletter, media statements and more.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Gamechanger"

What do you like best?

It is the best and robust email marketing tool which can help you create mass campaigns, HTML emails and offers a variety of robust templates using a simple drag-and-drop template builder. This saves marketers the time and effort it takes to compose complex message.

What do you dislike?

1) Old email editor is still available; no easy way to fully move all campaigns/templates/images etc from old editor to email studio

2) Email studio API doesn't integrate with Journey Builder API

3) Library of Ampscript available for use

4) Drag and drop feature is wonky and will freeze

5) Alerts on why email code is broken

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce Email Studio is an easy tool to use - join the Salesforce Marketing Cloud community to learn how others are using the platform.

Costs of the Campaign Aren’t Justified by the Results

Lack of Permission Spam is not minor

Unresponsive Recipients -> closely monitoring post send

Difficulty Building an Email ->

Robust onestop shop platform

Salesforce Email review by User

"Great tool for dynamic e-mails"

What do you like best?

We manage most of our email lists locally and love the data extension feature so we don't have to manage publication lists in the e-mail studio. The stats provided for e-mail sends are relative, and salesforce API helps us to keep subscription statuses current.

What do you dislike?

For regular e-mail sends and even dynamic e-mails, it was quite simple. Using the automation studio however had quite a steep learning curve. I think processing automated data exports and e-mail sends could be much easier.

I work at an establishment that utilizes card swipes on property. The card swipes are stored for many various activities. We like salesforce email studio because it allows us to use data extensions - and our marketing analysts usually never have the same two lists twice. Using other services native list features wouldn't work for us.

Salesforce Email review by Felicia W.
Felicia W.

"Very Comprehensive Platform"

What do you like best?

Salesforce Email Studio is the most comprehensive email builder. The combined functionality of drag and drop and HTML customization is fantastic. I loved the dynamic content options and sophisticated email journey builder.

What do you dislike?

There was definitely a learning curve to master all of the different features. Although it was more on the complex side compared to other tools, it was worth it to experience the benefit of "smarter" email marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for large teams with different levels of expertise and needs. I would definitely recommend an internal group of subject matter experts to manage the tool and help other users.

The dynamic content features of Salesforce allowed my team to easily scale email marketing across nationwide markets in a large organization.

Salesforce Email review by User in Music
User in Music

"Salesforce in the music industry"

What do you like best?

I like being able to switch between the various business units we manage inside of Salesforce for several artists. It's also easy to select which lists of their fans we would like to send emails to, especially when they are specific to certain geographic locations.

What do you dislike?

I wish the media we upload into Salesforce could be organized in a better way, so that I don't have to scroll through our entire library of media for every business unit we manage. Currently I can see all of the media uploaded and templates created by anyone in my company who uses our account. Being able to limit the media assets I can choose from to ONLY the assets I uploaded myself would be great. I do also wish creating and managing automated response emails (e.g. subscriber confirmations and welcome emails) was easier to set and amend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce is great as long as you are already familiar with using email building/distribution platforms. I would hesitate a little to recommend this for people/businesses who are just starting out with email marketing.

We are able to customize and save templates with ease, as well as check on the performance of the emails we send. Ultimately, I feel like this is a great platform to manage multiple different mailing lists for multiple business units (artists/bands in our case).

Salesforce Email review by User in Higher Education

"Not the easiest, but still convenient. Get an expert on your team!"

What do you like best?

We used to loose prospects because our follow ups or touch points were few and far in between. With Salesforce Email Studio we have the ability to set up automated campaigns and ensure that any leads are nurtured periodically with a well thought out series of emails. The potential to track engagement and view data reports is also beneficial as it helps inform our planning based on attribution.

What do you dislike?

This is not an easy platform to navigate. It seems to have the potential for vast tracking capabilities that would result in valuable reports, but setting these up is not intuitive. An expert is necessary to fully take advantage of the Salesforce Email Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely helpful to have a team member in house that has already used the Salesforce Email Studio. This powerful platform comes with a steep learning curve and has been hard to grasp even for those who are not technology averse. Investing in training sessions may be a worthwhile investment of time and money to make sure that all features are being fully used.

Salesforce Email Studio has helped us establish continued contact with leads that may have disappeared after a couple of emails in the past. It is also a time saver since we design the campaigns to preemptively answer frequently asked questions. And it is a reliable way to share a stream of information while following a logically organized pattern.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Everyday Email Marketing Solution "

What do you like best?

The copying and moving of emails and content is one of the most helpful aspects for me using Salesforce marketing cloud. Being able to copy something and move into a new folder makes my life much easier. It's also very helpful that you're able to store so many images to use over and over again without having to reformat.

What do you dislike?

The platform doesn't seem like it is as adaptable for my particular companies set up, as I would want it to be. We send emails out from hundreds of show names and because of the way we do this, they are not able to provide us any kind of overall organizational tracking numbers. Not have access to this organizational wide data is a real detriment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that the product will work for the way your company wants it set up, and make sure you'll be able to get the reporting and support you need.

We are solving the problem of needing to be able to create as many lists and emails as we want and send from as many addresses as possible.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Enterprise Level Solution, Robust & Sophisticated Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

Marketing Cloud allows our marketing team to easily create and deploy custom and targeted email campaigns.

What do you dislike?

My company has been a user of Salesforce Email Studio back when it was formerly ExactTarget. ExactTarget was purchased by Salesforce and has continued to grown into the tool/product that it is today. As a result of being acquired by a larger organization, the costs have gone up which for smaller teams can be a challenge. The tool is essential to our business needs but its more often than not the bulk of our marketing budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marketing cloud should be considered as an option when exploring email deployment tools. They offer a lot of options, do a nice job at working with you and have a number of features and benefits. It does require research and setup can be challenging but can be worth it in the long term.

Email studio allows us to smartly market to our customers and prospects. It offers a variety of tools which enable us to easily customize our messages with minimal effort.

Salesforce Email review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Decent once you learn how to use it"

What do you like best?

I like using the ampscripting function to customize variables and I like that you can create built-in content areas that you can drag into a template and see the email as you're building it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long of a process setting an email to deploy can be. I also wish many of the popup windows could be larger so it's easier to find what you're looking for. The platform is in no way intuitive but not terrible to figure out once you have proper training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know exactly what you're getting when you sign up. Salesforce makes a great pitch, but they fail to tell you how much of their product you'll need to implement on your own (which could possibly invovle working with other partners (aka more $$)).

Easily customizing content for different segments.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great flexibility for pros, maybe too daunting for novices. "

What do you like best?

I love all the customization and options it gives you access to.

What do you dislike?

It takes quite a bit of time to get used to using their system and understanding how it all works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will take some time to get the hang of, but once you do, you'll find the possibilities are endless with what you can do.

There's many automation options available to us that we can utilize to minimize how much we have to do manually. We don't use their services for an online store, but if you have one, this is definitely a much have service that you need to start using. I love the options available for segmenting lists and customizing templates.

"Flexibility and depth"

What do you like best?

The system maintains an open architecture that allows you to customize your setup.

It has nearly all the tools you'd want to be successful.

What do you dislike?

The tool is very expensive and they charge for every small thing.

Support, even when paying for enhanced support, is still generally bad. You won't get a named account rep and you often have to bounce to a few reps to get your questions answered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the budget, do it as its the best on the market. You will need to pay for an implementation specialist, but you don't need to pay for in-house.

We use the platform for digital advocacy communications - transactional emails, Journey Builder workflows, and blast emails.

In the next year, we'll be adding SMS and Ad Studio.

Salesforce Email review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"able to send emails to different segaments "

What do you like best?

This really helps to send emails to different segments. This software with automatic functions and help to integrate the emails and able to schedule the emails in advance and able to send out. This enables everyone on the team to save time in transferring data from one system to the other. I like this software because it saves time and also able to interact with clients.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any kind of negative thoughts or impressions on this product. This really helps to organize the emails and send it out to the appropriate clients and customers or shake holders in timely manner. transferring data from one system to the other helps to save the time and helps to priorities the emails and its automatic functions really helps out to everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This really helps to optimize the emails and also to the camaigns to run sucessfully so worth using it

save the time and it is really worth of using it

Salesforce Email review by Scott C.
Scott C.

"Vast Improvement Over Early Versions"

What do you like best?

For those folks who don't want to rely on code to build email templates, the content builder inside the Platform does make it reasonably simple, provided you're not looking for content that's too specialized. If you're a fan of folders, this platform is for you. All said though, the platform has become much more user-friendly (read: marketer-friendly) over previous versions of the platform that I had said previously were perfect for IT folks.

What do you dislike?

It takes *a lot* of steps to send out an email. Sometimes an inordinate amount. It still is that way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for many steps to accomplish your goals. It's orderly and guided, but it will take some man-hours to complete. Factor that cost of time into your total costs if making the switch.

Current usage is using lists and segmentation to send out messages on behalf of our clients to their customer base.

Salesforce Email review by Courtney S.
Courtney S.

"Has the potential to continue to grow and meet customer needs"

What do you like best?

My role focuses on the use of Social Studio and Social Hub automation. Social Studio is easy to pick up and has integration with most of the popular Social Media channels. If./when I can forward on customer queries direction through Customer Care, I believe this would be really beneficial to the retail side of the business. It is also great to see that the system is regularly updated and feedback is taken on board.

What do you dislike?

Being set in Pacific Atlantic time, using the Calendar/Publish system is a little annoying with dates and adding notes and content. It would also be good to be able to add customisable colours for different business activities and units.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can take some time to get around the system, but if you're familiar with similar free products like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite, it will be quite straight forward to pick up. Always provide feedback or improvements you'd like to see, and try to attend the webinars to the updates.

Having one platform to monitor Social Channels at the same time Social Listening in one tool is great, knowing that you can trigger alerts for spikes in mentions and quickly update listening keywords is ideal for becoming more efficient and a big time saver.

Salesforce Email review by Nick P.
Nick P.

"Exact Target Email Platform"

What do you like best?

Content blocks allow for easy modification of HTML. When creating longer, more complex sends, it's nice to target a specific content block that you'd like to modify instead of editing the full HTML.

What do you dislike?

The wysiwyg editor isn't that helpful. I use a 3P editor like Sublime or Dreamweaver or CoffeeCup.

We're able to customize our email marketing to include segmented sends, re-targeting, and engagement campaigns. This platform allows us to send different emails to members of the same list based on interests, needs, engagement level etc.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Complex, buggy, and inconsistent"

What do you like best?

Personalization features are quite extensive with AMPscript.

What do you dislike?

Where to start. - Extremely buggy system. We had multiple issues with the Journey Builder that resulted in a number of our subscribers receiving thousands of emails which put us on the spam list for Gmail. - The Journey Builder is extremely rigid. You have to create new versions if you want to make even the smallest edit. Then you'll likely need to double check every single step because things break super easily. When you update emails that are used in Journeys in Content Builder, you need to go into these Journeys and manually update these emails again to make sure the changes take effect. You can try to solve this with Reference Content but then Engagement Splits don't work because it cannot see the URLs. Same goes for using Dynamic Content. Also, current subscribers in the existing version of a journey cannot be placed into the new version of the journey. Lastly, you can only add subscribers to retargeting audiences but NOT REMOVE them from these retargeting audiences. You'll have to create ANOTHER retargeting audience (for which you have to pay extra) to exclude these in e.g. Facebook. Compare that with a cheap tool like ActiveCampaign and you're just amazed how bad Marketing Cloud is. Especially Journey Builder is the worst app I've ever come across. - The platform is basically not usable without Salesforce CRM. This creates a number of problems, e.g. not being able to simply send a realtime response email when someone fills a form on your website. Also, even though it's the same company, the integration between Salesforce and Marketing Cloud is complex and just basically terrible. - Cloud Pages Smart Capture forms are useless. It doesn't accept people that are already in the data extension that is connected to a particular Smart Capture form but it does not warn you about this in any way. Also, if you use Salesforce as your DoR you can't use Smart Capture forms but are forced to build custom AMPscript code due the ContactID being created in Salesforce (not possible in Marketing Cloud). - As I mentioned above, functions don't work well with each other. This because they just bought a bunch of different companies and tried to tie it together. This also makes it very difficult to navigate as some functions overlap while others are completely incompatible. The system is also very slow. Loading times are not rarely over 10 seconds. This makes working with it daily a true torture. There are numerous other smaller bugs and annoying things that I don't have time for to write down but if I can summerize, if you want your marketing team to be lean, flexible and successful then do yourself a favor and pick any other system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not purchase it. Try to stay with smaller tools as long as possible and in case of enterprise choose Marketo or Adobe.

1 on 1 marketing

Salesforce Email review by Administrator

"Easy to use interface, user-friendly, great support."

What do you like best?

Its ease and smooth-flowing process in creating e-mails and campaigns.

The ability to A/B test is also a great feature.

List management is awesome and the ability to suppress and import is greatly needed.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little slow due to it being a browser-dependent system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to understand the product and the services and capabilities it has to offer. Some things were missed on the orientation due to time, so it is important that you do the best to learn the ins and outs of the studio. It's help pre-emptively answer questions that would have been asked or help alleviate issues that may have come up later.

Data analytics and understanding how our customer open and respond to e-mails.

Salesforce Email review by Daniayla S.
Daniayla S.

"Great Tool but Requires High-level of buy-in and Employee Training"

What do you like best?

One feature in particular that I like to mention is the ability to organize "Contents", image files, saved text areas, and other design tools, in folders so they can be easily referenced.

The inherit compatibility with Salesforce is also incredibly helpful. Without having to manage contacts in multiple places, we have streamlined most of our communications practices. Our sales associates are able to quickly see every message a contact has received and can personalize follow-up to match.

Finally, the email design piece of the platform is great. It allows for a lot of flexibility in what you can build. It does require some familiarity with HTML5 and a working knowledge of the general way that interactive platforms like this one work.

What do you dislike?

It took a long time to fully train my team to use the SFMC platform fully. We ended up needing a crash course in HTML editing for when the content areas were negatively affected by the "user friendly" email builder. (When you edit the same content over and over again, it makes a pretty jarbled code).

It's also frustrating that you can only send messages to contacts in Salesforce OR in SFMC- not both in the same send. This adds some slow-down to our reporting as we have to accommodate multiple sends.

The email building platform is also subject to the same woes of many of its competitors in that every mail client renders emails a bit differently. We've found workarounds for most of the most significant disturbances in look and feel but not all.

Since bringing on SFMC late in 2015 we've seen the following:

-improved email campaign engagement (more opens, clicks, and subscribes)

-more thorough reports from the analytics team

-better clickthrough on email content

-better integration and collaboration between sales and marketing teams

Salesforce Email review by Christine S.
Christine S.

"Started out great, but the bigger they get, the more blemishes on their face"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to use and intuitive. They're extremely well known in the space and lots of big brands use them. If you have the money, you can fund some of their more innovative products and tools, like Journey Builder.

What do you dislike?

Support, or the lack thereof. I've been a user of SFMC for 5 years now, since the ExactTarget days. I used to be able to pick up the phone and ask questions and get support, and even then, it was always a major headache, trying to get the person on the other end of the line to understand the issue I was having and then to get them to get the issue addressed in a timely fashion. Now, my agency can't get phone support unless we pay thousands of dollars a year. And we're needing help writing a query/SQL code because their standard report is inaccurate/doesn't work properly. We wouldn't need their help if their tool worked right!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere, honestly. Their $$$ pricing and lack of support has brought them down several pegs in my agency's eyes. We found a great company called Maropost that we wanted to use for a client, but we lost the client before we could get started. They seem to address all of the issues we have with SFMC and better yet, have 24/7 email/phone/live chat support.

Basic email marketing for a wide range of brands.

Salesforce Email review by User

"Robust but Heavy Salesforce Email Studio"

What do you like best?

The new Content Builder brought much needed improvements like easy content/block creation, image uploading, HTML editing in a split pane, and smoother WYSIWYG edits -- not that I use them, since I prefer editing in HTML, but the WYSIWYG edits are more reliable than previously.

A/B testing is a breeze and email tracking is now provided in a clearer snapshot on your Business Unit dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Scheduling emails ahead of time is great, though it'd be ideal if we could schedule in 5, 10, or 15 minute increments. Think about it: if everyone using SFMC on the planet only has the ability to schedule sends in 30 minute increments, this means emails are all being received at the same time by recipients.

Next: page loading. The site is so heavy that it takes about 15-30 grueling seconds to toggle between pages and load anything. What is this, dial up? Why does the page have to load for 30 seconds just so I can rename my subscriber list?? Why do I even have to go to a new page to rename subscriber lists rather than editing the file name on the same page?

Something as simple as creating a new subscriber list folder is buggy lately, giving an endless supply of popup error messages that I have to spend even more time closing and logging out/back into the platform. Also, SFMC logs out way too frequently. Just let me stay in the program without closing popup windows and without trying to log me out. It's like Salesforce is trying to make its Email Studio torture so reduce users and maybe increase speeds. We pay enough money for it, take care of us, don't force us out!

We use Salesforce Email Studio to send email campaigns, A/B test, use data extensions, and monitor campaign tracking and performance.

Salesforce Email review by Shreyans P.
Shreyans P.

"Next Generation Email Marketing Capabilities"

What do you like best?

Our Marketing team has been able to deliver emails with very integrative and engaging emails. I love the ability to monitor every email campaign and transactional message with real-time tracking and reporting. The built-in A/B testing capabilities and predictive intelligence of the tool is incredible. We are also able to provide predictive content and predefined event triggers, which enable us to automate relevant messages along the customer journey.

What do you dislike?

The current setup and orientation process around Salesforce Email Studio can be tedious. The first email campaign sent from the platform can be laborious, and therefore can be quite a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would vet Salesforce Email Studio with other solution providers in the marketplace today such as Marketo, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Adobe and HubSpot. If Salesforce Email Studio is the correct fit for your company, there could be tremendous value in utilizing the features and functionality for your needs.

The onboarding process can be cumbersome but Salesforce Email Studio does offer a tremendous suite of training materials to guide this process along.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple to Sophisticated, All-in-One"

What do you like best?

The commitment of the organization to invest in the technology to improve something, every single year. The UI has grown up over the past 10 years. For me, the power of the entire tool is my favorite part. If I can dream it, there's a way to do it.

What do you dislike?

I am not the biggest fan of the presentation of "drag and drop" capabilities. It still requires having a comprehensive understanding all the steps to a process, which typically can't be done without a developer. I also dislike that things like Lightning are launched, but didn't work with Sales Cloud integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend SF Marketing Cloud for professional email marketing for most medium to large size brands and companies. It's affordable to get in the solution at the ground level and start sending and it's the only solution we feel confident to manage very sophisticated multi-channel communications. It easily scales with your business and has all the tools to execute what you want. There are a number of professional service providers who can help support their tools, which is important to me.

We are achieving many 1;1, real-time conversations with customers on behalf of our clients. While even with the most basic data this seemed far away, the Marketing Cloud Email tool has made this possible. From transactional to web capture forms, to improved targeted communications, we have the tools at our fingertips to personalize, send more relevant emails, engage with customers and ultimately drive ROI.

Salesforce Email review by Kristin M.
Kristin M.

"The perfect business application"

What do you like best?

The application is easy to use first and foremost. It allows you to use data from different areas of your business in order to build and send smarter emails to your customer/client basis.

What do you dislike?

I honestly did not dislike much about it. I thought there could maybe be more use suggestions to users. Other than that it was great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. It is easy to use and offer a wide range of different applications and uses to better business of any kind.

I was solving the business problem of targeting a specific audience. I wanted to be able to send certain email campaigns to certain clients in different areas of business. I was able to do so with this business software and have received more business because of it.

Salesforce Email review by Erica M.
Erica M.

"Solid Choice for Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

The Salesforce Marketing Cloud has many easy to use tools for creating great looking emails, sending them out and organizing email campaigns in a way that makes sense for marketers. If you use SF.com as your CRM it also gives you peace of mind that your leads will get to the right spot.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there's one specific thing I dislike except for the initial setup and first email send. The first email campaign we sent from from the platform had a significant lag in end-user receipt which is an obvious issue if you're trying to get information to people at a specific day/time. This could also affect your A/B testing results if day/time is part of your testing. As a marketer, I've used several marketing automation platforms from low-cost Constant Contact and Cvent to more complex Pardot, MailChimp, Hubspot and Marketo. Marketo and Hubspot just seem more advanced since their product is solely marketing automation. Their smart lists and segmentation are more advanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have no experience with Marketing Automation - don't use this product. Start small and work your way up. It can be more complex than people realize. However, if you are comparing tools like HubSpot and Marketo and you're looking for a more affordable option that does most of the same - this is a good alternative. Salesforce Email Studio offers a cheaper price tag with many of the same benefits. Just do your research.

Salesforce Email Studio saves time with automation and creates the opportunity to track email campaigns in an organized and efficient way. It allows us to track analytics from clicks, unsubscribes, conversions and overall ROI which is very important to proving its worth.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Email Studio is step in right direction, shedding archaic build of Marketing Cloud (Exact Target)"

What do you like best?

Marketing Cloud just launched a new Content Builder in Email Studio, replacing an archaic and clumsy interface with one this is more "with the times." They have improved on ease of use and accessibility to content.

What do you dislike?

Email Studio still has a ways to go to fully transition the platform to a uniformed, easy-to-use, and beautiful interface. You can still switch between the old content builder and the new content builder, which is helpful. However, emails that are created in the new content builder are limited by the type of sends you can execute, for example automation studio sends are still being worked out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have time to dedicate to the initial set-up of Marketing Cloud, with Email Studio as a subset of that process. This took more technical experience with Marketing Cloud than we first anticipated. We ended up hiring Nimblejack to help us with onboarding.

Salesforce CRM is our main database, and the addition with Marketing Cloud Email Studio allows us to send to our constituency and ensure tracking and information makes it way back to Salesforce.

Salesforce Email review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"SF Review"

What do you like best?

I like that its pretty user friendly and that I can look at all of my opportunities in the system right there, as well as my clients info and my coworkers info.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be slow and it also tends to lose information that took me a long time to put in (even tho saved) and I can't retrieve it

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's nice that you can sync your calendar with SF so my administrator can see what I am doing or when I am traveling based on how i categorize it. I can also track my emails by using a SF link and check to see if someone opened it and clicked.

We are able to access Big Machines directly from Salesforce which helps us input opportunities with clients. We also all have the ability to speak with each other and comment on our home page while tagging one another and view any open opportunities, whats going to close each month, etc. which is helpful at the end of the month when we have to have our reporting in.

Salesforce Email review by Agency
Agency

"Great If Your Company Already Invested in Salesforce"

What do you like best?

It really does help produce stand out email design and delivery, and it's a logical next step for direct marketing to your client base.

What do you dislike?

I would not invest in Salesforce for this feature alone. If you are working with a large company that uses Salesforce, and this feature is available, it's a no-brainer. However, if you're a smaller non-profit or a start up on a tight budget, I would recommend an a la carte, less expensive email template and delivery service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The email blast software movement is evolving very quickly. If you don't already have a CRM or Salesforce-specific bevy of clients, look online for the newest option of, and try it out before investing in a full suite like this.

Reaching customers with email campaigns with very little extra effort. All our clients information and interaction data is in the same place, so it's definitely streamlined.

Salesforce Email review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Salesforce has the ability to customize YOUR experience"

What do you like best?

Cross-functional implementations + uses. You can set many rules and pre-sets for the data you would like to see and not see. It's also easy to delegate responsibilities this way when working in a group environment. I found that having a Sales Force Email Studio representative on site to work with our team internally helped significantly. Not only did the speed of our request implementations increase, but we saw our internal teams having more ease and understanding of using the product. We moved + migrated all of our Excel spreadsheet pipelines and calendars into SalesForce. Our main goal was to have everything live in SalesForce and we achieved that.

What do you dislike?

Rules within the "opportunities" function can be tricky if you don't have a grasp of how the "formulas" work. I wish there was a way to implement Gmail and "opportunities" together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest contacting SalesForce directly to get a rep from their company to help assist in making SalesForce Email Studio cater to your specific company's needs. We did this at our company, and our specific SalesForce rep was incredibly helpful and most importantly, available. We were able to make requests that were implemented faster than we had expected and it improved the overall "operations" of the sales flow, internally.

Migrating our SalesForce pipeline and "opportunities" to export data. I'm realizing that it's much more efficient to have a dedicated SalesForce rep help speed this process along, as they are very willing to help make the program malleable.

Salesforce Email review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Strong Delivery with Salesforce ExactTarget"

What do you like best?

We migrated from a mid-tier ESP to an enterprise solution, ExactTarget. They were acquired by Salesforce shortly thereafter. They integrated the ESP into the SF marketing cloud. Things worked very well for us. We did see improvement with some delivery rates, most noticeably with Gmail. We had a ReturnPath Sender Score certification on our IPs, which didn't hurt.

Salesforce further developed the software and added some cross-channel integration. We didn't get to use too many multi/omni-channel features though. All in all the email studio worked very well for us, but again, it is an enterprise-level solution.

What do you dislike?

They did not offer any kind of account management. We didn't need much - but it's nice to have someone to talk to when you have a $50K+/year investment with a company. ExactTarget had some strange idiosyncrasies that no one at my company could figure out. For example, it was very difficult to create a segment of email records in the database based on their domain (such as all ymail.com subscribers). I think this required a script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely evaluate whether you need a robust solution like SFES. It may offer much more than you truly need. A mid-tier solution may be a better fit, and much less expensive. However, if you anticipate utilizing cross-channel tools, this product deserves strong consideration.

I needed to utilize technology to communicate with our product subscribers. Email was the most effective and always maintained a very high ROI. We nurtured leads and established a lifecycle for our users.

Salesforce Email review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Email Studio and Content Builder should be interchangeable"

What do you like best?

The overall flexibility of Email Studio was good and I know Content Builder was supposed to replace it. It was almost too flexible and I think the way there might be better ways of managing all of the email assets.

What do you dislike?

I wished that Email Studio and Content Builder were interchangeable. Content and email assets in Content Builder can't be used in Email Studio. Email names were not unique in Email Studio and it makes things extra confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if Email Studio was somehow automatically integrated with Content Builder it would make the workflow a lot easier. Once you start building out content in Content Builder the content resides solely in that part of the application and the content/emails aren't usable if someone has used Email Studio in the past

We were solving for managing multiple email campaigns going out to different segments across different business units. Being able to leverage the complex AmpScripting to meet various business needs was extremely helpful.

Salesforce Email review by User in Internet

"So many better tools out there"

What do you like best?

Their dynamic content personalization was really easy to use and probably the best UI I've seen for this feature.

What do you dislike?

SFMC / ET / Email Studio whatever you want to call it, is an OLD outdated system. I've never even heard of a data extension until I used this system, and never did I hear of a data extension again. They also have their own scripting language called AMPSCRIPT you have to learn. Every feature is an add-on. Want automation? Buy our automation studio. Want better reporting? Buy discover reporting. Want better support? Upgrade to premium support! All other ESP's are all-in-one cost. It infuriates me how so many people still look to this ESP as the gold standard when they are way way way behind on technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always remember to ask HOW. HOW do those data points come together?

Watch out for costs associated with different features. Everything is an upsell there.

Just because a big brand name is using it does NOT mean it's right for your company. Make sure your engineering team is involved with the RFP.

It was our ESP. It helped us create and send emails to specific segments.

Salesforce Email review by Lily Da H.
Lily Da H.

"Horrible Design, Good Salesforce Integration "

What do you like best?

Like the fact that the metrics, contact, leads are linked to Salesforce, make it super easy to retrieve customer information, and track how email campaign is working out.

What do you dislike?

The design elements and functionality is horrible! It looks like my grandpa's age, and the logic pattern of creating a template (for header and footer) and then create another email base on just doesn't make sense at all. Overall, I don't like the user experience of Salesforce, computer-oriented, not very user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it user-friendly and easy to use. Learn something from MailChimp.

We want to do email campaign using our leads and information in our salesforce hub, and track how the campaign turns out.

Salesforce Email review by Joseph P. S.
Joseph P. S.

"Salesforce Marketing Cloud"

What do you like best?

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is an amazing tool. We have integrated it with Salesforce (CRM), which has given us the ability to automate marketing messages based on our existing customer data. Prior to Marketing Cloud we had to manually pull spreadsheets of data, analyze them, and upload them into a third party tool. Then repeat anytime the data changed. It was a very manual and time consuming process. Marketing Cloud has saved us a tremendous amount of time with its ability to automate campaigns based on live data in Salesforce. Additionally, it pushes email metrics back to Salesforce, which has been very helpful for us to see along side customer records, reports, and dashboards. It has been a real game changer for our company.

What do you dislike?

This isn't necessarily a dislike, more of a 'wish list' - I would like to see Marketing Cloud come with the ability to report on additional metrics, such as browser/email client/device in which the emails were opened. This would be very helpful for us to know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth it to invest in Salesforce Marketing Cloud training. The courses offered by Salesforce University are top notch and prepared us very well for using this product.

Highly targeted product launch campaigns in new markets - this is one of the most significant impacts Marketing Cloud has had for our company. Compared to the previous manual way in which we handled our launches, Marketing Cloud has saved us an incredible amount of time and has increased our accuracy tremendously. We are now able to filter on very granular criteria, set the automation, and move on to the next project.

Salesforce Email review by Peter Marcus K.
Peter Marcus K.

"Salesforce Marketing Cloud Powerful - Requires Technical Acumen"

What do you like best?

SFMC has multiple options to accomplish tasks. Need to create a new segment? Use SQL Queries, Filters, Measures, Join Relational Tables. Need personalization? You can use simple variables or declare wild cards - open options through AMP Script at Run Time.

What do you dislike?

All this complexity and variability requires careful advanced planning. Executives may want a simple change but it may have cascading effects throughout your campaigns. If you can flow chart and plan ahead you'll be good to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear technical road map and understand the technical acumen of your daily users. From production and creative to Data Analysts, training will be required.

SFMC enables us to send multiple Global versions of emails with dynamic word change such as "color" to "colour" change all links to reflect different domains such as .ca .uk ,com etc... Powerful tools to customize and if you have the technical resources your "instance" could be absolutely customized and look nothing like another brand or account.

Salesforce Email review by Marsha V.
Marsha V.

"Salesforce MC takes marketing automation to the next level "

What do you like best?

There are many ways to automate life cycles within the marketing cloud. It is easy to start with the basics and create more sophisticated lifecycle a as your skill and knowledge increases. There are so many resources available to help you get the job done.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things that I dislike, occasionally there are latency issues but that is to be expected with a complex platform like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that can grow with your organization, be mindful that there may be different solutions to your needs depending on your level of staffing and product knowledge. It is a very scalable product.

We are able to customize our students lifecycle to be very personalized for each student, manage and route replies, trigger based in arose the and staff actions. We have provided solutions for compliance and regulatory issues, fulfillment solutions, we have been able to assist virtually every department within our organization to communicate better.

Salesforce Email review by Shane S.
Shane S.

"The Salesforce Marketing Cloud (AKA ExactTarget) has helped us take control of our marketing message"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and scalability to more complex tasks or projects is what I like most about the SFMC. The system is able to handle our basic email communications as well as our more complex messages that integrate with our SalesForce Sales Cloud. We are a multi-brand company, and the SFMC allows us to keep our communications separate between our brands, while at the same time It is very easy to manage your contacts (especially if they use more than one of your brands). Calls into customer support are always handled efficiently, and resolutions to issues come very quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot to dislike about the SFMC. They are currently working to improve the already great integration that they have with the SF Sales Cloud, so I can't really call out anything specific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool is very powerful if you need it to be... absorb all the training upfront that you can, but do not be intimidated if you cant learn it all at once. You will find that you will "grow into the tool" as time passes and you will start using it for more sophisticated messaging.

We have multiple brands, with customers that use more than one of our products. the SFMC allows us to manage all our customers as one contact, and also keep track of where they are in our sales/marketing cycle. the tool is also a lifesaver for keeping track of requirements needed under the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).

Salesforce Email review by Victoria B.
Victoria B.

"Salesforce Review"

What do you like best?

I use Salesforce daily and my company relies on it. What I like best is the fact that it is easy for me to enter information into the database. It houses our information in an organized manner, which allows us to easily retrieve the information we need when we need it.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Salesforce is sometimes it runs slowly. I am not sure if it is maybe just my internet connection at work, but sometimes the system lags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Salesforce is very beneficial to my company because it is where we can access all of our information regarding media outlets, reporters, and more.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great for IT, terrible for Marketing "

What do you like best?

It integrates with Salesforce and if you have programming skills you can customize your email communications to the nth degree. You are able to do a massive sends very quickly without some of the throttling challenges that may (for good or bad) that other ESPs have.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, 85-90% of the platform. If you have a massive email marketing department with tons of resource with a high-level of skill, this is the product for you. In a nutshell, you need to be integrated into the IT department - because at the end of the day, it does integrate well with Salesforce but you also have to constantly do work to keep things from breaking. But communications and alert mechanisms are poor, support usually cannot answer your questions (though, we do not have Premier Support at this stage), and the basics that come with a free platform like Mailchimp - time zone send, for example - are completely lacking on this $$ ESP. It's not something you can train anyone quickly to do without past ESP or database experience, because there are 8 different ways to do one task. Deliverability is very questionable in our industry space. However, there have been recent updates I haven't dived into that may be improvements to some of the challenges we have had.

The ability to send out emails in house to large lists sizes and connect with our database system.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Not A User-Friendly Email Program"

What do you like best?

I'm not sure that I could pick something that I like best. Maybe that I can set up templates to use in the program? But all programs have this.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is enough room to type all of my dislikes. When logging in, you must toggle between stations and markets. It will automatically log you out if you are inactive for a certain amount of time (even if you're active but jus on a different window within the program!). All in all it's just a program that takes way too much time to send out one email to my database.

I can send emails to my database?

Salesforce Email review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Great support for their reps/team"

What do you like best?

Super intuitive, really superior service! Also mobile friendly, always fixed when it breaks in a quick amount of time. Really reliable and great service.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty expensive, though you get what you pay for. Hard to afford for a startup like my salon... but are flexible with pricing when you get through to support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not many people are as familiar with some of the add-on features like Marketo and Salesforce Communities. Therefore, less usage by companies and these modules could be very helpful for managing reps and marketing campaigns.

I have nothing bad to say about Salesforce, this is the most comprehensive CRM of this type on the market. But this isn't news anymore. Features are in-depth and leave a lot of room for customization, and there are multiple sub-applications for things like Marketing, Services and Commerce also, this provides a well integrated and holistic view of your business from the Salesforce dashboaord. Which sends many competitors to Salesforce that may have a few other unique features but the overall support and quality of Salesforce makes them a difficult sell.

Salesforce Email review by Andrea M.
Andrea M.

"Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email User"

What do you like best?

I work mainly in the email marketing cloud. I love how I can keep all my projects organized and can use helpful tools like A/B testing to ensure my emails are successful.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be cumbersome to tackle specific details of an issue over an email with the support staff. Sometimes you just need to call and share a screen rather than send 20 emails to solve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The email marketing cloud is a great tool to help build communications to your database. There are many options for templates, A/B testing, and storage.

Currently we are working to get a higher open rate and the A/B testing tool helps us test two different subject lines to see which one more people respond to. We test each subject line to 10% of our list and the winning subject line then sends to the remaining people.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"5 Month User Less Than Impressed"

What do you like best?

Built in Salesforce integration is great, although I am not sure that many of the benefits of the integration would not be available with other pre-established Salesforce.com integrations.

What do you dislike?

The UI is clunky and slow at time, the set up is not intuitive, and I feel as if I was overpromised on the benefits of the 'Salesforce' ownership of both platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend becoming very familiar with the pros and cons of the integration of SF email studio versus the pros and cons of other platform integrations. I instinctively moved forward with the email studio solution thinking that by nature of the ownership it would have the best integration - I am now not so sure that is the case.

We are connecting with customers with email newsletters and broadcast. We have found that it is a decent platform to achieve these goals.

Salesforce Email review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Email Studio Review"

What do you like best?

The bells and whistles outside of the ESP services. We are able to create a journey for each person to make sure they get the most personalized communications and offers. This really collaborates well with digital initiatives you might have.

What do you dislike?

We initially ha issues with the API setup to have their platform see our data sources. We needed to have the data on both sides of the wall in order to create a strategic marketing journey for each loyalty member. All fixed now though.

We use i primarily for our email campaigns, but now we are aligning our campaign messaging with their digital engagement as well.

Salesforce Email review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"Salesforce Email Studio Review "

What do you like best?

Marketing Automation and Salesforce Integration. Journey builder continues to expand it's Salesforce objects and there are fairly frequent updates to the platform.

What do you dislike?

There is no lead scoring available to support leads through to the sales readiness process. There is also not available a link to the customer email on the contact record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have to rely on Support but mostly customer forums and communities to answer questions.

Customer journey mapping, nurturing, NPS, VOC programs and a database record of customer engagement. Having a system of record for customer email interactions is beneficial. Automations are helpful to keep customer communication fluid. Integration with Salesforce CRM allows other departments to have a view of the customer.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Salesforce Marketing Cloud is powerful, but difficult to navigate if you need help."

What do you like best?

I like the structure of the software and the uniques functionality you can implement for your email marketing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I do still feel a divide between what a developer can do with ExactTarget and what a digital marketer can do with ExactTarget. It can feel like your missing out on some great functionality because the development team has limited resources to help with email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend spending a week with the tool doing all the demos and practice sending test emails. I also encourage others to involve their development team from the start so you can all be on the same page.

We are solving the need to communicate with our customers in a quick efficient way.

We like the benefit of being able to have all our brands in different business units.

Salesforce Email review by Julianne S.
Julianne S.

"Salesforce 101"

What do you like best?

I like how everything stays in your queue and you can always go back and see what you have done relating to certain things.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the site is very hard to navigate sometimes. There are a lot of gray areas where things could be more than one thing.

That sometimes emails go to the wrong departments. Benefits would be that it is a more organized way to solve problems within the company.

Salesforce Email review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Easy to use software even for first-time users"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to find the information I"m looking for easily and that it's not hard to remember the steps to get to a certain point even if I haven't used toe software for a week or so.

What do you dislike?

In the compare email send report, I don't like that you can only compare emails that are on that page. If I have 100 emails in the same folder, I have to run three or more reports and then combine them manually.

I use Salesforce Email Studio to collect data on how our emails are performing. It has helped us look at what aspects of our emails lead to conversions and what parts aren't resonating with our audience.

Salesforce Email review by User

"Great industry standard with some room for improvement"

What do you like best?

The two strengths of Salesforce are that it is comprehensive and accessible. People with very little experience can learn to use it and generate email content for themselves.

What do you dislike?

There are some small tools missing here or there that, depending on your work flow, may seem like a missed opportunity. There are some simple functions in reporting and making use of send data that could use improvement, such as being able to re-send to soft bounces.

Producing and sending lots of emails across many departments. The biggest benefit is still accessibility for folks with no html or css experience.

Salesforce Email review by Annie P.
Annie P.

"Salesforce Email Studio"

What do you like best?

It is very organized and easy to go back and forth between previous emails and current emails that the user is working on.

What do you dislike?

If you accidentally clear something there is no "back" or "undo" button to get the original content back

As I work mainly with email campaigns, this software is very straight forward and easy to use. It is easy to put the emails into folders and find them again.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

Using Salesforce, I have enjoyed being able to easily follow email campaigns with how I am shown real-time reporting and tracking for each campaign. This enables me to keep on top of the campaign status at all times. I also enjoy that the site it easy and simple to navigate and achieve the results I am looking for with managing emails.

What do you dislike?

I disliked setting up Salesforce email and also when sending out the first email the interface was significantly slow at times with loading and the client did not receive the email in a timely manner. When I want to do something new I also feel like it is much easier to call in to set up a new feature rather than being able to enable these features through an online guide. In my position I would rather not have to be on the phone with support for something that I could easily have done myself with accessible instructions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

We use Salesforce for email campaigns with clients such as Microsoft and their partners. We have realized that tracking analytics are what enable us to better help our clients through unsubscribes and conversion metrics.

Salesforce Email review by Rachel N.
Rachel N.

"Great for large email databases"

What do you like best?

Salesforce email studio has been very helpful in creating email campaigns for large databases of recipients. They have some great tools for automation. The A/B Testing feature is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It’s hard to get support if you do not have the premium support package. Also, there is quite a lot of clutter in the system, making it somewhat difficult to navigate.

It has helped us automate emails to large groups of our customers and we were able to use the data extensions to create very specific audiences for certain emails, creating a more targeted send.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Think Tanks
Administrator in Think Tanks

"More powerful than I have time to learn"

What do you like best?

Fairly good WYSIWYG and tools for creating customized and professional emails. Integration with Salesforce Sales Cloud is great.

What do you dislike?

Is a bit pricey and yet we don't have live customer service. Also, one-size fits all subscription management center, which doesn't work well for us. I don't have time to learn it all and know that I am not using to full capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a way to use it to its full capacity through training. Use A/B testing and other marketing automation functions.

Sending emails to lists that are resident in Salesforce. We send out weekly and monthly e-newsletters for our programs, regular fundraising emails, and event announcements as needed.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Software good, support not so much."

What do you like best?

The ability to create very complex campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Analytic reporting is very bare-bones. Also, my experience with support has been less than stellar (slow to respond to tickets submitted). Also, my cases need to be escalated several times before I can reach an agent who is able to assist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many ESPs out there. Do your homework and make sure the one you choose is the best fit for your needs. I had to learn some additional programming language in order to make Salesforce Email Studio work as I needed it to.

We were forced into this software by parent company; personally I have not seen any additional benefits that we weren't experiencing with prior email software.

Salesforce Email review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"Good Email Suite for Normal Business Solutions"

What do you like best?

Great email builder for teams who may not be looking for anything incredibly advanced or complex. Straightforward and easy to build professional looking emails that will catch the eye of the recipient. Can get emails built quickly and the templates allow you to move fast when you need something out ASAP.

What do you dislike?

As with most email content creators I've used in the past that are built like SF's, there are definite limitations to what you're going to be able to do. You can get more complex by editing the actual HTML - but at that point, you're kind of missing the point of actually building emails using a tool like this (or at least, I think you are). Can get frustrating at times when things don't look like you want them to look.

We used SF Email Studio to create content to send to both our sales people as well as to our customers.

Salesforce Email review by Benjamin T.
Benjamin T.

"Highly Recommended Marketing Tool "

What do you like best?

The platform is incredibly user-friendly and when the data architecture is setup properly, a marketer can run their CRM business unit with very little dependency on IT support. The product enables a user to easily recreate or build a customer's journey through lifecycle programs - where the only limitation really becomes the creativity of the marketer, not the tool! I also find their customer support A+.

What do you dislike?

The reporting can use some additional functionality - especially when you want to summarize the performance of individual sends as part of a general marketing campaign. I found the best way to manage the data is to export it and manipulate it in a dashboard program like Tableau.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be hungry and teach yourself. There's a ton of documentation available, it's just a matter of focus and dedicating the time to learn it. It's not difficult.

We're currently trying to really test the system with dynamic content that relates to buyer personas. As digital marketers know, we have access to more customer data than ever, but the real skill is to understand what data can be used to influence behavior.

Salesforce Email review by Michael P. L.
Michael P. L.

"All inclusive and effective approach to reaching customers and following through on sales. "

What do you like best?

The full integration with the entire Salesforce platform. It takes a huge component of our business (marketing) and it is self contained and deeply embedded in the other services of the program that we already use. We were utilizing Salesforce for years for our business, but not taking advantage with the Marketing Cloud component. Now we are and are seeing positive results.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve. It is not difficult, but the fact that you have to learn new ways of doing old things so that it can be supported within the Salesforce system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already a Salesforce user or have this product as the focus of your business operations, and if you are exploring new ways to market your business or product, then this service is really a one stop shop for you to reach your audience and follow through on communication with them.

We are transitioning from a different style of marketing for our business and are slowly integrating the Marketing Cloud to help us reach more of an audience and to continue to improve our follow through on leads.

Salesforce Email review by adam s.
adam s.

"salesforce email studio"

What do you like best?

Reach individual customers through hundreds of features to help you create tailored, relevant content — from basic email marketing tools to sophisticated cross-channel campaign functionality.

What do you dislike?

nothing about it that i dislike nothing about it that i dislike nothing about it that i dislike nothing about it that i dislike nothing about it that i dislike

it’s tempting to go with the crowd and pick someone like Salesforce. But remember, you could spend significant time and money just setting it up. This doesn’t include the steep learning curve for your sales reps, as they get used to a complex, clunky interface.