Salesforce Email Studio

Salesforce Email Studio email marketing tool (formerly ExactTarget) is a targeted email marketing provider for Fortune 500 and Small Businesses alike.

Work for Salesforce Email Studio?
Sendwithus 2x

Learning about Salesforce Email?

Salesforce Email Studio Reviews

Ask Salesforce Email a Question
Showing 686 Salesforce Email reviews
Salesforce Email review by <span>Mark N.</span>
Mark N.

ExactTarget - Does it all and more

What do you like best?

We are currently using ET's Enterprise 2.0 and I find it to be an incredibly flexible tool that can do just about anything that we ask of it. We send 60 - 80 Million emails messages in about 160 different campaigns each month. Some senders are "Full Service" where our ET team does the build and deploy of the message - and some are distributed "Self Service" users that build their own message and then we send centrally. Both work very well. We have pushed the technology often and have found that ExactTarget is always able to do what we request. We also find that there are many ways to complete any task - this is good and bad. As we move forward some activities are done one way and some are done other ways. This flexibility is great until we try to back into what was done in the past.

We are using ET for normal campaigns as well as triggers, transactional, and streams. There is new functionality that will apparently make some of this easier for a novice to manage - but the fact is that anything is possible today as long as you understand the way the tool works in the back-end.

We are thrilled with our decision to use ET as our main ESP and highly recommend the tool to anyone looking.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there are many ways to complete a task leaves many tasks done many ways. This flexibility can be confusing over time.

Reporting is also an area that could use some improvements. We found that many of the "Out of the Box" reports would not work for us based on the way that we were originally set up. This would have been great to know up front as we may have changed our set up requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recommend the tool and the organization. The tool is easy to use and very intuitive, and keeps improving - and the organization is top notch.

We send a very high volume of email - from a large number of business units - utilizing many very technical sends. SMC is able to handle all of our needs successfully.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Email Studio
Salesforce Email review by <span>Danielle H.</span>
Danielle H.

simple to use but could use a few imporvements

What do you like best?

Best, its all on the internet. Easy to use, multiple users can view what everyone is doing. You can schedule, upload documents, and create emails EASILY (point and click) in seconds. When they announced our company would be using a new program for email marketing i was hesitate cause of the negative experiences we had in the past, however, this was a GREAT improvement

What do you dislike?

we send a lot of emails to our members. As a result our content builder does fill up rather quickly. I noticed from various times of use, that the more in our content builder, the SLOWER the website acts. Example, i started using it one of the first few weeks, the website worked extremely fast. about 1 month later, i have google loading faster than the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Appears very complicated at first, but, it is not. From someone who never received a manual for it, i use it daily and can with my eyes closed. Reports are AMAZING provide a lot of information to interpret and better strategic for your business

we are able to send newsletters faster and simpler. we are able to upload the content for the newsletter within the same platform, knowing that there wont be broken images. We also have the capability of adding files/documents/etc to a newsletter - something that we would have to host somewhere in the past and then upload and hope the connection would take place

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Salesforce Email review by <span>Jordan R.</span>
Jordan R.

Potential to be powerful, but not a fluid experience

What do you like best?

For companies with large databases that need to be mined, Salesforce could be a good solution for you. That is, if you have the developer resources available to assist your marketing team. Other pros include a very integrated ecosystem in which you can link customer data to your email campaigns, with the ability to send text messages, in app messages, link to Facebook lead gen ads, and more.

What do you dislike?

While SQL queries can be powerful, and Salesforce provides the ability to host and maintain large databases, it’s not very marketer friendly. The ability to pull basic segment should of subscribers open and click engagement is way more complicated compared to other email platforms. A few other negatives are that Salesforce is session based, so you can’t have more than one tab open at a time. It often loads very slow. The out of the box reports are clunky and not always helpful, and they take a long time to pull. There are very limited data visualizations within the platform for campaign performance as well.

Salesforce Email Studio allows us to identify customers available for various promotions at different stages in the customer lifecycle through our Salesforce database. We are able to automate some promotions, while taking a more manual approach to others, as well as reach customers through various channels even beyond email.

Salesforce Email review by <span>Danny (Danny Blaq) T.</span>
Danny (Danny Blaq) T.

Top of the class but support is severely lacking

What do you like best?

I would like to note that email marketing platforms should be reviewed on 2 different landscapes 1. Marketer 2. Developer. Most of these email applications focus on non-technical end users that are relying on the application to provide the heavy lifting but when you are a dedicated development resource that can build any and everything, your perception of an application is quite different.

Salesforce in my opinion allows to satisfy both over any other application that I used and I use quite few. You can use their out of the box solutions and build your campaigns but if you are looking to do more complex or custom items SF can pretty much accommodate it by their data extensions, SQL and Ampscript which is the most powerful of the application that no other can match in that way. Of course all of these platform providers will tell you otherwise.

What do you dislike?

SF service is horrible, their tech support, the customer service, etc. Basically they feel themselves as top in the game and they don't need you as you need them. That is the attitude across the board. I hate dealing with any of their team members, a lot of times it's a waste.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a reason why Salesforce is the top player in the email space if you are taking email very serious for your business, there are almost limitless possibilities to build custom applications to fit your needs out side of the "playground" that many providers provide meaning, that they provide the template of what you can do, some are better at thinking of a broader use case spectrum but nevertheless you are still constricted by that, any data, custom development or integration is required by the vendor even if you have a team skilled to do so. Salesforce is almost its on dev environment.

Acquisition, Engagement and retention.

Salesforce Email review by <span>Bryan C.</span>
Bryan C.

Managing Multiple Newsletters Using Salesforce Email Studio

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate back and forth between different business units inside of Exact Target, as well as the ability to choose which lists you want to send your emails to.

What do you dislike?

It may be that I'm somewhat limited with the features available to me, but I wish it was easier to create sub-lists of subscribers inside of Exact Target. For example, segmenting lists by zip code is not the easiest thing to do but is very relevant to my business (music industry).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible, try Salesforce on a trial basis with one of your accounts. If you are just needing a very basic and intuitive email platform, this might not be your best bet. Salesforce appears to be more robust and designed for professionals, so I'd recommend if you're looking to heavily use email in your digital marketing efforts!

It is relatively easy for our developers to connect and integrate Salesforce into our data collection/email capture splash pages. It saves me from having to import an entire list at the end of a campaign, and allows me to track sign ups in real time.

Salesforce Email review by <span>Allison E.</span>
Allison E.

Not Worth The Cost

What do you like best?

The one thing Salesforce has, according to my coworkers, is the functionality to accommodate high volumes of secure data - which is why they initially chose it. In the work we do, the importance of the data being secure is very important and apparently, at the time, Salesforce Marketing Cloud was one of the few email providers that satisfied our needs in that department.

What do you dislike?

I have been unhappy with Salesforce for quite a while now. I know it is one of the more pricey ESP's out there and I do not really understand why based on the amenities. First of all the design capabilities are limited at best, they do not have a good tool to begin with and when I use it I feel like I am using a platform that was built 10 years ago both aesthetically and functionally. They do not transfer well from what you see on the screen when designing, compared to what you get in your inbox. Also, coming from MailChimp at my previous company, they are limited on what I thought were basic features such as timezone sending and viewing what emails will look like by device (i.e. phone, tablet, desktop, etc.) The last big annoyance I had while using them, is that I would attend webinars that I received invitations to via emails from Salesforce themselves (I'm assuming they sent them to anyone who had an account with them) to teach users how to take full advantage of certain capabilities. The thing is - afterwards I would ALWAYS receive a sales email from them thanking me for joining the webinar and then trying to get me to purchase the product. I always had to explain that we already do purchase the product and that was why I was in the webinar in the first place, it was quite tedious and eventually made me stop attending the webinars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only advantage to this ESP was really it's capabilities of handling mass quantities of data in a very secure environment, but in 2017 we have many other choices with the same features that do not cost as much.

We are a marketing company with many clients so we needed an ESP that could accommodate us having many sub-companies under one umbrella. Also, the data that we handle is very confidential and needed to be secure so we chose the client based on it's experience with handling large quantities of very secure data and the features it presented to us that a lot of other ESP's did not have in this aspect.

Learning about Salesforce Email Studio?

* We monitor all Salesforce Email Studio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.