Salesforce Social Studio

Social Studio allows you to tap into the power of social media in your marketing, customer service, and sales organizations.

Work for Salesforce Social Studio?
Flockrush  social media suites  2x

Learning about Salesforce?

Salesforce Social Studio Reviews

Ask Salesforce a Question
Showing 243 Salesforce reviews
Salesforce review by <span>Abigail D.</span>
Abigail D.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I use Social Studio for scheduling Facebook, Twitter (two separate accounts), LinkedIn and Instagram posts for my organization. I like how easy the platform makes scheduling and monitoring posts. There have been times where I'll schedule a dozen tweets for one day and it's easy to drag, drop and reschedule them for another time that day, which is much easier than having to go back into each tweet and selecting a different post time.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps this is a complaint for Instagram and their posting policy, not Social Studio. All I know is that it's a real pain if you're trying to schedule an Instagram post through Social Studio. You can't really schedule an Instagram post via Social Studio; it's more like just saving your content and alerting you at the proper time. Then, you're required to go into Social Studio, basically verify that the Instagram account you're trying to post to belongs to you (which, by the way, make sure your IG app is currently on the correct profile if you have multiples or you'll have to close out and try again), hit "confirm", then it brings you to a screen with all the content (photo and caption) that you previously saved to verify, except there's no easy way to just verify and post it. I always get stuck on this step and end up having to copy/paste the text into a new IG post and delete the one I scheduled via Social Studio.

I'd say the ease of scheduling (minus for Instagram) is the biggest benefit.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Social Studio
Salesforce review by Administrator
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Nice experience to approve and schedule posts. The look and feel of the platform is nice enough, although awkward when trying to access monitoring profiles that are somewhat hidden in architecture. Easy to access organic metrics although still doesn't include organic impressions which is a huge miss. Friendly support staff once you get a dedicated success rep. I like the approval process and task area and the notes function should have a better email alert for team working together in the system.

What do you dislike?

90 day timeframe for all data is frustrating. Lack of impressions for metrics. Cannot connect to social advertising activity and metrics. Given the run-around when trying to re-assess for annual contract and little to no communication and no consistency with their support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure this is as sophisticated as some other platforms so if you have a very robust and varied social media program, this may not be the best solution.

Ability to schedule and approve social posts for all platforms and have a record of all social media activity for legal/compliance needs. Process improvements have resulted in saving time/resources for the business.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Social Media Suites solution do you use?

Salesforce review by User in Retail
User in Retail

Disappointing, to say the least

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Social Studio is a great tool for organizations who are already deeply committed to the Salesforce enterprise and want something that easily works within that without paying for another tool. I would not recommend this tool for large organizations, but think it would be a solid next step from a Hootsuite or SproutSocial for a medium sized company.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. Social Studio has a really small maximum file upload limit, doesn't allow posting videos to Instagram (which is really disappointing since Zuckerberg has stated that video is the new mobile) and doesn't allow you to edit posts once they have gone live within Social Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool as a next step for a medium sized company looking to upgrade from a Hootsuite or SproutSocial type program.

We used Social Studio for social media management, monitoring and analytics. The only real benefit is that if you're committed to staying within the Salesforce ecosystem, this (obviously) fits in. For example, if your Customer Care team is also using Salesforce, it's very easy to kick over any issues to them. Further, the Advertising Suite within Social Studio allows you to better align your paid media efforts with information collected in your CRM in a turn key manner.

Salesforce review by <span>Torri C.</span>
Torri C.

Great!...in theory.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Social listening in the engagement tab is very helpful for our team!

What do you dislike?

Bugs with scheduling Facebook/Instagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best for multiple accounts on Twitter and managing pages on Facebook. The columns in the Engagement tab are great, but you have to tell it EXACTLY what you want and anything that you might want to see.

It helps us know what people are saying about our brand even when they don't tag us. It's great for a team and managing multiple accounts. Re-purposing content that was posted the year before is a great benefit!

Salesforce review by <span>Noelle S.</span>
Noelle S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

If you're used to other management platforms, you'll feel comfortable using Social Studio. It's pretty user friendly and doesn't take much to get up and running. I trained multiple groups of people with varying levels of technology experience and they all understood the platform quite quickly.

Being able to see the analytics within the analyze tab is GREAT! No longer do you need to go our to Radian6 for basic listening data.

Shared content is an email inbox life saver! It allows me to share photos, links, quotes, etc with many different users across our organization AND I get to see who used it and when, what site they posted it on, and what the engagement rate was with each shared post.

What do you dislike?

They're behind on functionality (as of 10/5/15 - still can't retweet with quote within the platform, can't see check ins, mentions, can't tag other Facebook pages or see a drop down of Twitter pages when you start typing their handle, or shares on Facebook, and can't connect LinkedIn University)

Don't trust the sentiment rating (although it's rumored this is going to be updated soon so you can train it). People tweet "I would kill to go to Pepperdine" and sentiment robot rates that as a negative. Or anything with the words "shot" (think how many tweets from sports teams have that included...) are all listed as negative. When/if they is updated to be trainable it will be a great tool. Right now, it's just a data set I don't look at.

I'm noticing as I complete this review, the Social Analytics Features portion of this review, Social Studio doesn't have those options available... yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you're talking to Salesforce, ask for a conversation (or two) with current Social Studio users. I am more than happy to provide demos for Salesforce and I'm honest about what I like and don't like. Also remember, this product is VERY new to Salesforce and the marketing cloud in general is pretty new. That's a good and bad thing. Bad in that the product needs to be purchased on vision and the hope/knowledge they will be improving the product. It's a good thing because you're in on the ground floor of this soon to be HUGE social media player and can help influence the changes and product offerings. That's exciting.

We are able to listen much more effectively across multiple platforms. When monitoring a crisis, the word cloud gave us insight into what words we should also be monitoring that we hadn't thought of yet. It's an invaluable tool for keeping up with what is happening around the internet regarding our brand.

Salesforce review by User in Sports
User in Sports

Social Studio for Organization

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like social studio because it helps me keep my clients and potential clients organized. I like the social analytics features that can be created for each client specific to their analytical needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a quick view to hover over contacts, instead of having to click into each profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend making a contact at Salesforce. They can help create a custom platform for our social needs specific to your company.

My company keeps all of the client contacts on Social Studio. We can easy view if other employees have the same contacts and can share contacts with each other easily. It is an organized and accessible software for social needs.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Salesforce Social Studio?

* We monitor all Salesforce Social Studio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.