Salesforce Social Studio

Social Studio allows you to tap into the power of social media in your marketing, customer service, and sales organizations.

Work for Salesforce Social Studio?

Learning about Salesforce?

Salesforce Social Studio Reviews

Ask Salesforce a Question
Showing 248 Salesforce reviews
Salesforce review by Abigail D.
Abigail D.

"Ease of scheduling to most platforms except Instagram"

What do you like best?

I use Social Studio for scheduling Facebook, Twitter (two separate accounts), LinkedIn and Instagram posts for my organization. I like how easy the platform makes scheduling and monitoring posts. There have been times where I'll schedule a dozen tweets for one day and it's easy to drag, drop and reschedule them for another time that day, which is much easier than having to go back into each tweet and selecting a different post time.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps this is a complaint for Instagram and their posting policy, not Social Studio. All I know is that it's a real pain if you're trying to schedule an Instagram post through Social Studio. You can't really schedule an Instagram post via Social Studio; it's more like just saving your content and alerting you at the proper time. Then, you're required to go into Social Studio, basically verify that the Instagram account you're trying to post to belongs to you (which, by the way, make sure your IG app is currently on the correct profile if you have multiples or you'll have to close out and try again), hit "confirm", then it brings you to a screen with all the content (photo and caption) that you previously saved to verify, except there's no easy way to just verify and post it. I always get stuck on this step and end up having to copy/paste the text into a new IG post and delete the one I scheduled via Social Studio.

I'd say the ease of scheduling (minus for Instagram) is the biggest benefit.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesforce Social Studio
Salesforce review by Administrator

"Social Studio is good and could be so much better"

What do you like best?

Nice experience to approve and schedule posts. The look and feel of the platform is nice enough, although awkward when trying to access monitoring profiles that are somewhat hidden in architecture. Easy to access organic metrics although still doesn't include organic impressions which is a huge miss. Friendly support staff once you get a dedicated success rep. I like the approval process and task area and the notes function should have a better email alert for team working together in the system.

What do you dislike?

90 day timeframe for all data is frustrating. Lack of impressions for metrics. Cannot connect to social advertising activity and metrics. Given the run-around when trying to re-assess for annual contract and little to no communication and no consistency with their support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure this is as sophisticated as some other platforms so if you have a very robust and varied social media program, this may not be the best solution.

Ability to schedule and approve social posts for all platforms and have a record of all social media activity for legal/compliance needs. Process improvements have resulted in saving time/resources for the business.

What Social Media Suites solution do you use?

Salesforce review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Don’t really care much for it"

What do you like best?

It has a hefty amount of tools at your disposal. They can vary all the way from social media management to outreach. Using it to manage Facebook and Instagram was easy enough but once you get into other social networks it can get better.

What do you dislike?

Our team did not like it and opted to go with marketo instead. Salesforce can be a bit tedious in its software updating and it’s pricing. It can be a little overwhelming because of how many features it has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it time if you have it but don’t deploy it on a whim. It takes a bit to learn by once you do, you’ll get a better understanding on what to do and how to use it efficiently. Just give it time.

Benefits are better social media marketing management.

Salesforce review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Disappointing, to say the least"

What do you like best?

Social Studio is a great tool for organizations who are already deeply committed to the Salesforce enterprise and want something that easily works within that without paying for another tool. I would not recommend this tool for large organizations, but think it would be a solid next step from a Hootsuite or SproutSocial for a medium sized company.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. Social Studio has a really small maximum file upload limit, doesn't allow posting videos to Instagram (which is really disappointing since Zuckerberg has stated that video is the new mobile) and doesn't allow you to edit posts once they have gone live within Social Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool as a next step for a medium sized company looking to upgrade from a Hootsuite or SproutSocial type program.

We used Social Studio for social media management, monitoring and analytics. The only real benefit is that if you're committed to staying within the Salesforce ecosystem, this (obviously) fits in. For example, if your Customer Care team is also using Salesforce, it's very easy to kick over any issues to them. Further, the Advertising Suite within Social Studio allows you to better align your paid media efforts with information collected in your CRM in a turn key manner.

Salesforce review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"The best"

What do you like best?

It does not matter which browser you or your company use, which is nice! Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Opera, all of them. This makes very easy to use Social media function like Chatter, which can help businesses find collaboration. Looking like popular social media makes it very familiar and easy to understand for users. Functionality like news viewing, status updates, links sharing, and files uploading is available right from the dashboard. You also do not have to install any software. There are no hardware requirements either.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to contact technical support of Salesforce in case of some questions. Sometimes it can take days to contact a responsible person. But it does not mean that you problem will be solved or your question will be answered right at the same time. Thus, many organizations prefer to work with third-party companies that take care of this Salesforce support which is a bad look on them. With such a big company I deserve better customer support

There is a huge range of report widgets that allow you analyze company`s performing from different perspectives with this software. Salesforce enables quick customization for the most business processes and for different industries. With this software you can bring your company with you wherever you are just because it is placed in the Cloud. Thus, I need fewer resources in the office to run business. This is the most convenient aspect of the software

Salesforce review by Torri C.
Torri C.

"Great!...in theory."

What do you like best?

Social listening in the engagement tab is very helpful for our team!

What do you dislike?

Bugs with scheduling Facebook/Instagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best for multiple accounts on Twitter and managing pages on Facebook. The columns in the Engagement tab are great, but you have to tell it EXACTLY what you want and anything that you might want to see.

It helps us know what people are saying about our brand even when they don't tag us. It's great for a team and managing multiple accounts. Re-purposing content that was posted the year before is a great benefit!

Salesforce review by Noelle S.
Noelle S.

"Good, basic tool with promises of a big future"

What do you like best?

If you're used to other management platforms, you'll feel comfortable using Social Studio. It's pretty user friendly and doesn't take much to get up and running. I trained multiple groups of people with varying levels of technology experience and they all understood the platform quite quickly.

Being able to see the analytics within the analyze tab is GREAT! No longer do you need to go our to Radian6 for basic listening data.

Shared content is an email inbox life saver! It allows me to share photos, links, quotes, etc with many different users across our organization AND I get to see who used it and when, what site they posted it on, and what the engagement rate was with each shared post.

What do you dislike?

They're behind on functionality (as of 10/5/15 - still can't retweet with quote within the platform, can't see check ins, mentions, can't tag other Facebook pages or see a drop down of Twitter pages when you start typing their handle, or shares on Facebook, and can't connect LinkedIn University)

Don't trust the sentiment rating (although it's rumored this is going to be updated soon so you can train it). People tweet "I would kill to go to Pepperdine" and sentiment robot rates that as a negative. Or anything with the words "shot" (think how many tweets from sports teams have that included...) are all listed as negative. When/if they is updated to be trainable it will be a great tool. Right now, it's just a data set I don't look at.

I'm noticing as I complete this review, the Social Analytics Features portion of this review, Social Studio doesn't have those options available... yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you're talking to Salesforce, ask for a conversation (or two) with current Social Studio users. I am more than happy to provide demos for Salesforce and I'm honest about what I like and don't like. Also remember, this product is VERY new to Salesforce and the marketing cloud in general is pretty new. That's a good and bad thing. Bad in that the product needs to be purchased on vision and the hope/knowledge they will be improving the product. It's a good thing because you're in on the ground floor of this soon to be HUGE social media player and can help influence the changes and product offerings. That's exciting.

We are able to listen much more effectively across multiple platforms. When monitoring a crisis, the word cloud gave us insight into what words we should also be monitoring that we hadn't thought of yet. It's an invaluable tool for keeping up with what is happening around the internet regarding our brand.

Salesforce review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Social Studio for Organization"

What do you like best?

I like social studio because it helps me keep my clients and potential clients organized. I like the social analytics features that can be created for each client specific to their analytical needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a quick view to hover over contacts, instead of having to click into each profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend making a contact at Salesforce. They can help create a custom platform for our social needs specific to your company.

My company keeps all of the client contacts on Social Studio. We can easy view if other employees have the same contacts and can share contacts with each other easily. It is an organized and accessible software for social needs.

Salesforce review by Iggy G.
Iggy G.

"It's the new cool kid in school."

What do you like best?

The user interface. Unlike the Engagement Console and Radian6 both on website and in the app, the overall feel of the UI is pretty good. It's also pretty attractive from a client's perspective.

What do you dislike?

There are still a lot of things that the Engagement Console can do that Social Studio still can't do well. If all of the features of EC will be transitioned to Social Studio in the next few releases, I'll be happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a business size that is anywhere from medium to large and you are looking for an all-in-one tool when it comes to engagement and analytics, Social Studio is the way to go.

It is excellent in publishing as it has basic editing and publishing features that you cannot find in any other tool of its caliber. Engagement is also good as it can address trails of conversation with macros and tagging for social media reports easy to complete and manage.

In terms of analytics, both Social Studio on web and the app are both effective in giving quick results with topics that matter to you, when you need it the most. It can be your go-to tool for knowing whether your social media campaign is working in a couple of minutes, provided that you have an iOS ready device (iPhone,iPad)

Social Studio is primarily used by our company to schedule posts on our social media pages. I also train people to use and apply Social Studio for customer engagement and social media publishing.

Administrator in Higher Education

"A versatile tool for planning content schedules"

What do you like best?

The ability to see a calendar of the week and all of the posts you have already published or have scheduled to be published in the future. In addition, being able to easily reschedule posts just by dragging and dropping them is extremely useful, and new tools constantly seem to be introduced to make planning content an easier experience.

What do you dislike?

Random bugs will pop up from time to time and take months to be resolved. Also, the tracking tools that are included for monitoring posts on the various social networks aren't all that powerful, especially when it comes to analytics. We find the native tools within each social network to be easier to use and able to provide better and more in-depth information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your primary focus is in-depth analytics or monitoring what is being said about your company by users or tracking hashtags, there are probably more advanced products out there. If your main concern is an easy way to plan and schedule content, however, it doesn't get much better than Social Studio. It makes life much easier when it comes to scheduling posts across networks and being able to move things around within a content calendar.

More than anything, we're solving the issue of being able to plan content for social media out well ahead of time in a straightforward, easy-to-view dashboard. We also have the ability to collaborate and assign tasks, track analytics and monitor what users are saying.

Salesforce review by Alexander John D.
Alexander John D.

"Sales Force Social Studio: Definitely Easy to Use, and Recommended for Digital Marketeers!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use due to user-friendly commands and instructions/tips that are available.

What do you dislike?

Needs strong and fast internet connection to work smoothly. Crashing is, at times, often experienced. This is one of the hurdles all the groups encountered during our training in Nestle Business University which was held in 5-star hotel with good net connection. As soon as all the members of each of the 5 groups started logging in and testing radian6, this notice would start popping up "radian6 is not responding and need to recover page". If not this, page will crash and we ended up creating a new profile name for the group since the previous ones we did were not saved causing a lot of inefficiency on our end.

And lastly, uploading is delayed even if image size of the attachment is small. This causes discrepancies when needed reports have to be generated real-time.

Perhaps, a hard copy manual can be given since this can be shared to interested users as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hi, Guys!

Prior to using Social Studio, I always thought that such tools can only be used by expert and trained digital marketing peeps who have undergone a separate study course. But after getting familiarised with Social Studio, I can now do my own monitoring and bench marking of my brands, activities, campaigns, etc. versus the industry, competitors, etc. This is definitely a huge held and a must-have for those out there who share the same dilemma as mine before.

So check this tool out and you will be surprised how easy your job can be from now on.

May the force be with you all!

Monitoring of brand campaigns and activities launched vis-a-vis competitors, and sales impact.

Salesforce review by Joshua R.
Joshua R.

"social studio review midtown art cinema"

What do you like best?

I like I can schedule out posts. so I can set up a week in advance. i see how this is very useful for a large company with multiple accounts.

What do you dislike?

a lot. I see where this is useful for a central office handling multiple pages and accounts. but for the single location it misses the fun and interactive nature of face book. sharing posts that give a more personal touch and customer interaction is lost. lets say I see something I want to share. I have to copy the link log into social studio, paste, and hope it interacts properly. sometimes the post shows up right other times just shows the link. I don't like that I cannon create event pages specific for my location, I don't like that I cannot change our banner picture. or our profile picture. face book is supposed to be organic and engaging our customers in a fun and personal way. instread I feel we are just another corperate page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just feel it does not have the organic nature that makes facebook fun and easy to use.

I used our account to answer customer questions. I use face book to notify our public of special events special screenings. guest speakers. I used it to create a fun movie conversation not just about our films but films in general. to engage our audience.

Salesforce review by Jerry C.
Jerry C.

"A move in the right direction for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

The clean and cohesive interface. Gone are the clunky dashboards that you had to build from scratch. Gone is the separate Engagement Console that you needed to download and pray your java supported. Social Studio integrates everything in one aesthetically pleasing in-browser package. Publishing, engagement, and social analytics now all share one cohesive URL and interface. It is easy to go from scheduling posts, engaging with consumers, to viewing topic trends and sentiment all without leaving a single URL. This is a massive step in the right direction for Salesforce's social tool. The engagement feature has gone from a hassle in the old Radian6 to something that is downright easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The current limited functionality. Currently the analytics dashboard is comprised of pre-built widgets that provide you with little to no customization options. You have widgets based on topic trends, word clouds, sentiment, top languages/countries, and keyword groups, but you can do little to nothing to customize them. The most glaring missing feature for me is the lack of drill-down filtering (like running a volume trend chart off of a single word in the word cloud). All the widgets are pretty much WYSIWYG, so it's essentially a dumbed-down, pre-built, prettier version of what you could create in the older Radian6 dashboards. Your ad execs may love how easy it is to glance at some graphs, but the data geeks like myself may be disappointed by the lack of features. The good news is, I have seen a preview of the Social Studio roadmap, and it looks like customization and drill-down features are on their way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publishing - Switch from Legacy R6

Engagement - Switch from Legacy R6

Analytics and Reporting - Hold off until customization upgrades are added

I often train business users on how to properly utilize both the Radian6 dashboards and the Radian6 Engagement Console. The problem has always been that two tool barely seem connected, and it was like training users on entirely separate systems. The new Social Studio will be much easier to train users on across the board, due to it's homogenized interface across the board. For our social analytics reporting we have had to continue to use the legacy Radian6 due to it's more customizable widgets, but once Social Studio catches up in that regard it will be an improvement in every way.

Salesforce review by Bryan C.
Bryan C.

"Social Studio streamlines success in Social Media."

What do you like best?

I like the easy to follow and dynamic feeds. The general design allows those who are not very familiar with such tools to easily catch on, and quickly become productive. The tools available are also numerous and with a surprising amount of depth. Social Studio truly makes the experience of reaching into the social world a much simpler concept; this means working as a team has never been easier.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time it takes for feeds to load, and the amount of times I've attempted to click one button and it does something completely different. In the social world, something as simple as liking a negative status can set off negative results like a fire-cracker. There is really zero room to have error when processing social interactions. This is fortunately not entirely that common, but it is disheartening.

Overall, small technical issues aside, the only true criticism I have is that it would benefit to expand the social analytic tools. Although they provide a lot of useful information, the ability to tie down some specific information is limited, and could use for some expansion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! I haven't seen any tool make it as simple as Social Studio. That is to say, it works best when working hand in hand with other more in depth tools.

We are finally able to make Social Media a much more streamlined and measurable form of customer service. It can difficult to take social feedback from a customer and design a work flow behind that, especially day by day. Social Studio has been the best platform I have seen at providing a way to present this feedback in a manageable way, to then set up a standard on how to interact. Social Studio has also benefited us in providing a very visually appealing and easy to follow form of analytics.

Salesforce review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"McDonalds Platforms"

What do you like best?

It's easy to manage multiple social media restaurant pages at the same time, and to see all engagements, comments, posts, likes etc. The Social Studio team is also helpful when asked questions or when the team needs help. I also like that I can easily see content posted to both Facebook and Twitter in one place.

What do you dislike?

- Can't tag users or other pages in a Facebook posts. This is a major miss for a brand, specially when wanted to increase engagement on these channels.

- It's difficult to pull/understand metrics; I always need to reach out to the team for help. it isn't very user friendly.

- Post often fail to publish to social media pages. I always receive emails saying that our content has failed to publish but there is never any reasoning behind it as to why. Often when I attempt to re-post the content, it fails once again. This isn't reliable and a little worrisome when we have content schedule to go out over the weekend and it may not actually publish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Customer service via social media (Twitter and Facebook) is one of the main way we use this platform. It's easy to see all posts in one place for hundreds of Facebook pages, as well as for different platforms. This helps us to respond to everyone in a timely manner and avoid missing any comments or questions that come through on these platforms.

Salesforce review by Ong T.
Ong T.

"Very convenient and easy to understand tool"

What do you like best?

To be able to monitor all the my social account in the same page/dashboard. Makes monitoring much easier as you do not need to switch between screens/tabs in order to monitor each account individually.

What do you dislike?

Lacks the feature for Engage section where you can review and approve messages done by others before they proceed to post. Current function does not allow this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good all in one tool to monitor, analyze and continually optimized all of your social media platforms/accounts in one place.

Looking for how much people are talking about my brands compared to my competitors and also social customer care. By comparing to competitors I can observe what the competitor is doing right or wrong and learn from that. For social customer care, it allows me to get consumers feedbacks/comments much faster especially when the comments made was not within my owned social platforms.

Salesforce review by Elizabeth C. W.
Elizabeth C. W.

"It has greatly reduced the amount of time needed to spend on customer service cases - when it works."

What do you like best?

The ability to create case in Salesforce Service Cloud with the push of a button. Also, the ability to monitor multiple social channels simultaneously, in real time.

What do you dislike?

The functionality of publishing posts on Facebook is not as sophisticated or robust as publishing through the native Facebook platform, so I find that we are only using the Publish section for Twitter. Also, the mobile app does not seem to update as regularly as the desktop version, and there is a delay in the Twitter feed on the app. We have also been having an issue with our Facebook feed - the feed has not updated in over 3 days and we haven't been able to get a solution from the service team on how or when this will be fixed, making it impossible to send cases from Facebook (our highest volume platform) to the Service Cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have the time and the IT resources necessary to get the integration with the Service Cloud up and running. It took some time, but was well worth it in the end.

The need to monitor our social platforms in real-time to engage with our customers and help solve their issues. It has dramatically decreased the time spent on creating cases in the service cloud.

We also have multiple brands which we need to constantly monitor, so this tool really helps us to monitor all brands simultaneously without needing to sign in and out of accounts to reply and engage with our customers.

Salesforce review by Pierre A.
Pierre A.

"Social Studio, one of the best in class world scale social capability"

What do you like best?

1- Scalability & coverage: Social Studio is a world leading social tool. It totally address and scale social requirements for any worldwide enterprise (either you are in Russia, China or USA). To be precise, my company was able to deploy this tool on more than 30 countries on the majority of the languages, the social networks and with several SF.com consultants & partners covering the setup and trainings.

2- Capabilities: since 1 year, we can easily use social studio to listen a wide range of sources (it fits our needs and is aligned with competition, while Radian6 was too complex at its time). We also use Social Studio for social response & consumer care engagement. Finally, we leverage the social publishing part which is as well fitting our marketing needs.

3- Landscape and interface: Social Studio is only one part of salesforce.com. We leverage many other solutions from this vendor that can interconnect with Social Studio and add even more power and capabilities. Also, SF.com is for us one of the best to interface with other external capabilities that my company use (through webservices, API, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Social Studio cover all social scenarios but seems not the best in class in each of the capability (listening, response, publishing, etc.). It is one of the best solution for a worldwide business with general needs, but here are 2 examples: it will not fit specific detailed and complex listening scenarios ; and it will not cover ALL chinese social network for the response part ; etc.

We discovered competitors that can address specific cases better then, and we use them in some markets over the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Make sure you specifically cover your listening requirements.

- Make sure Social Studio fit your very specific countries requirements (complex for China for e.g)

- My company is now able to easily deploy social listening & social consumer care capabilities over each country in a couple of weeks.

- We are detecting consumer crisis sooner than before

- We manage more social pages in more social networks; we need less people to manage more pages!

- We can target, translate and localize our posts in Facebook, in a same page for several countries and languages.

- We better track each consumer case

- We have adapted some of our products accordinng to what we see on the listening capability (flavor, packaging, etc.)

Salesforce review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"The misterious object"

What do you like best?

I like the purity and simplicity of the graphical interface of Social Studio. I also love the ability to have all conversations on brands and products in a single access point. Unfortunately in Italian detecting sentiment is not easy. Even the computing power and the speed of execution are really valuable and useful.

What do you dislike?

The platform is not easy to use at all. Even after attending the basic courses its use remains for me very mysterious and confused. Even with the use of relevant parameters the platform is also likely to produce a huge quantity of results, even inaccurate, that sometimes saturate all the capacity available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have studied the platform before its actual use. You may have problems: too many useless conversations to analyze and too much time required to analyze the volume of subimitted queries. Surely you have to do a very accurate initial segmentation.

Right now, for my position as web sales manager, I could not solve any problems. In fact, the output of your solution would be more useful to our social network managers, who will have charge of monitoring the conversations and sentiment, also associated with our products and offers.

Salesforce review by Makoto Y.
Makoto Y.

"Reseller"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive feature set for Publish, Engage and Analyze with sophisticated design.

Users could easily understand how to publish, engage via Social Studio therefore businesses would be able to realize its value quickly.

System runs very stably.

What do you dislike?

No critical dislike point and I could recommend it with confidence.

Some features including the following list would be welcomed.

- Conversation history

- Approval workflow for engage

- Improvement in Topic Profile keyword settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. Once experienced you would be able to find that you could implement overall workflow for publish, engage, performance report quite easily with its feature set so focus on achieve your target with social media campaign.

Many aspects including social account management, team workflow and compliance.

One of values realized most quickly is reducing risks with social account management by deleting personal staff Facebook account from Facebook page managers.

Approval feature enables our customers to introduce content review process, which is required by internal rules, so they could start social media campaign.

Salesforce review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"All around great platform w/ few downfalls!"

What do you like best?

Combining the magic of Radian 6 monitoring with a platform that has it (almost) all was genius. It encompasses all the needs of a brand into a single platform.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few issues where not everything pulls in, but I'm assuming that is a typical API problem. It is still better than 99.9% of the other platforms. In addition, there is no way to "Assign" an item of content to multiple people - only a single user. Analytic feeds are not completely export-able, only a select part of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - there's not much that it doesn't do. Their connection with Radian 6 (same pulling system) is unmatchable for organic mentions. Listen to everything people are saying about your brand - not just the portion that they mention you in.

Not a direct brand - but overall is simplifies the process for us as well. Less need for multiple programs.

Salesforce review by Kira Liane P.
Kira Liane P.

"Good but neeeds improvement"

What do you like best?

The ability to schedule posts on multiple platforms, the changes made have vastly improved this exerience from when it was first released and this aspect of the tool are great to use.

What do you dislike?

The engage console part is clunky and macros need to be much more easily accessible and replicate the engagement console. As is we are still using the engagement console, as social studio does not provide the ability to easily create macros, tag and view like the old engagement console does. A much better interface and workflow is needed.

Also sometimes the loading times are very slow for social studio.

No ability to schedule content on Instagram is a downfall, though I know the company are hard about releasing the API to do so.

Not being able to promote posts via scheduling through social studio is a real downfall for us and it means we cannot schedule any Facebook content from Social Studio that needs to be promoted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it still needs some improvements with its capabilities, it's a great tool to schedule Twitter content, and manager calendars.

We are trying to prevent crisis issues before they hit our pages by montioring keywords, as social studio is currently, it is not the best way to do this and we prefer the engagement console.

Scheduling content has been great as it takes the ease off our time ensuring posts have gone live.

Salesforce review by Barraclough N.
Barraclough N.

"Always been happy with Social Studio"

What do you like best?

The dashboard and having all the topics in a very easy to view, its also very easy to customise and I like that its web based rather than the old R6 which required installation to your computer.

I like that reports can be exported into CSV

What do you dislike?

-Inability to monitor compeditor facebook pages with any level of accuracy limits the value of social listening via SS

Compared to R6 there's no longer a search feature for searching names

-R6 had a feature that showed how many entries there were in a profile stack i.e 16 facebook posts to check

-There can be a delay, sometimes my team wll have a member who has a post picked but the indicator doesnt show they have it picked for up to a minute causing double handling

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool that delivers what it sets out to do

Engageing with customers quickly in an organised fassion and realising benefits of great customer service and quick reaction to sales leads

Salesforce review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"Social Studio has proven to be a valuable listening tool. It's engagement capacity has been limited "

What do you like best?

The ability to provide a direct view of Social Media and Topic Profile feeds. Ease of setting up new users.

What do you dislike?

Inability to have default templates already set up for new users (and for changes to templates to reflect on existing users)

Inability to set up default Analyze templates for users (must be done on the users device individually)

Lack of Instagram support (see Iconosquare for great example of how usability can be improved)

Lack of customization in Analyze (cannot move widgets around) Can only add one topic profile or social channel per dashboard. Cannot add external data sources. Cannot customize widgets (view most negative or most positive - filter live feed in Analyze )

Lack of Youtube support

Lack of LInkedin support

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you get a real world view of how this can assist you on a daily basis. Ensure all features spruiked during initial consult are fully explained and demonstrated.

At this time Social Studio is only helping us in a listening capacity. We had planned to use the program to replace existing Instagram engagement platforms.

Salesforce review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Social Studio is a useful platform for News rooms but there are areas that need work. "

What do you like best?

When you need to schedule multiple posts of the same/similar content, you can copy a post you've already scheduled. It makes things so much easier. The performance analytics are a great feature as well. At a glance, I can see how well our post did for the week.

What do you dislike?

Right now, it's only Facebook and Twitter we can post to and only Facebook we can see the analytics for (it's been explained that Twitter has their own rules for sharing their performance data). It would be good for the future to include instagram, Youtube, google+, and other social media sites to post to and look at the performances of each.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check your post performances at least weekly. It will give you a good idea of how you can improve your posts, what your reach is, and what your audience likes to see (based on post reach, comments/likes/shares).

It's easier to see what posts reach our viewers more and which posts need work. That's definitely been a huge plus. We've started revamping how we post to social media, the kind of phrasing we use, to make things more engaging for our audience.

Salesforce review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Social Studio Review"

What do you like best?

It is pretty simple to use and it have intuitive interface, so you don't need previous experience or training.

What do you dislike?

As they say by them self, browser experience is currently best on your desktop. Currently here means last several years. Opening web page on phone is practically impossible and Android app is not much useful either as it lack some of functions. Tagging is still pretty slow process since it will save all tags, with and without mistakes and auto-suggest them every time you doing this. Limited video formats which you can upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and fulfills basic needs in costumer support and content posting.

Content Leader for Social networks and Customer Service representative. It gathers all so you have all your channels in one place which means faster responding.

Salesforce review by Jose R.
Jose R.

"Easy Breezy Social Studio"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Social Studio is the accessibility it offers, I found it to be quite easy to get around, simple yet detailed.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is sometimes it was a pain to memorize steps on how to close cases, sometimes they wouldn't close, so had to do it twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend definitely giving it a try! The support is great, so if you have any questions I'm sure SS can help you solve it.

We're able to get to the customers that matter, going through the clutter, pinpointing customers that spend money on our product and solving their issue. Sometimes we have campaigns that backfire so it's easy to create a column for that topic and manage it that way versus doing it natively, cuts back on time for community managers too. Assigning a sentiment also helps track where the online conversation is going, enabling us to edit our strategy as needed.

Salesforce review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Decent Multi-Featured Tool for High-Level Monitoring/Engagement"

What do you like best?

The overall simplicity and look/feel, along with the tool's speed. It performs tasks and updates data/dashboards much quicker than the traditional Radian6 analysis dashboards.

What do you dislike?

Coming from the traditional Radian6 analysis platform, this tool is rather limited. To its credit there is the added engagement/monitoring features, but the listening features are a bit lacking. Not enough room for customization in terms of widgets and analysis dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine what your specific needs are for social listening and management. There are tons of tools that do either one or the other, and tons of tools that claim to do both, but only a few actually do both well and YMMV depending on your specific needs.

Monitoring B2B tech trends across a variety of verticals and industries. Compared to the traditional Radian6 analysis dashboards, Social Studio makes it much easier to quickly jump in and get a feel for the conversations.

Salesforce review by User in Financial Services

"User friendly - Simple tool"

What do you like best?

The publishing aspect of Social Studio is simple to use and convenient for scheduling posts ahead of time.

What do you dislike?

While the publishing part is easy to use, it has limitations. It's incapable of sharing multiple photos and videos over 15 MB are too large to share. So if you plan on having a content mix, this may not be the tool for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for just a basic tool, this one is pretty good. But if you're looking for more advanced social listening, I'd go with something else.

We're a marketing team that does EVERYTHING in-house for our company, so we're looking for a social tool that delivers publishing, social listening and reporting. Like I mentioned before, the tool is very user friendly.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Monitor who is talking about you"

What do you like best?

You can choose which social media profiles on different platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc) you want to follow, and then filter them to only see posts from those people when they are mentioning you or your brand or a certain topic. This is a really helpful way to see what is being said about you without having to spend a ton of time on social media. You can also use it to post to different channels and respond to posts all from one place.

What do you dislike?

The cost is pretty high if you are not using all of the functionality. There are other, less expensive tools to use if you just want a central place from which to create and post to social media. The value is more in using Social Studio for listening to what is happening on social media and then responding to it.

Listening to what elected officials are posting on topics of that are of interest to us, so that we can be proactive about responding to or engaging those leaders.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Social Studio is great for organizing all social accounts in one place, but there are some flaws"

What do you like best?

Social Studio is something I started working with this year, and when you get past the learning curve, it's been pretty useful. I love that you can access all the social accounts from one place and get nice eye catching analytics that can be displayed.

What do you dislike?

Social studio has a hard time compiling threads and conversations, so it's hard to tell if you're responding to the latest comment or if one comment in a thread relates to the other. Would also like to be able to create dashboards from the mobile app.

We needed a more hands on approach to social and a way to display it to our company and I think Social Studio accomplishes that.

Salesforce review by Ryan O.
Ryan O.

"We currently use Social Studio for our Complete Nutrition Stores."

What do you like best?

I do like that it attempts to provide a one stop shop for our social network platforms.

What do you dislike?

Currently for the price we are not getting much out of this program. We are not able to manage much of the program on our end (this may be because corporate office does not grant or it may be the platform. For example we would like to add additional competitors to hear what local competition is doing in our field, but are very limited in this capacity. Also, most of the "listening" is generic and does not provide us with much insight as to what people are saying about our market specifically. We like the idea of being able to manage our Instagram account on the platform, but were told that this too would be an additional expense and we have not seen the benefit to warrant an additional expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, unsure if the limited functionality is corporate mandated or if it is from the program itself. We really get most of our functionality from the social platforms themselves. For example, Facebook provides good analytic to tell how how well we are reaching people.

Honestly, none really. We have become frustrated and do not utilize social studio that often. We do see where there could be some benefit is being able to track local competitors and what is being said about them, but as stated earlier we have been unable to narrow things down to a local level that gives us this insight.

Salesforce review by User

"Good for scheduling -- not managing content development workflow/approvals"

What do you like best?

I was working for a company that housed several different brands. Each had their own social media channels to manage -- some with separate pages for different countries. This tool was good for allowing each brand manager to manage the scheduling of content publication and sponsored posts, and be able to view the performance of different types of content. It was also key for our community manager to be able to spot any customer service issues that were going on that day quickly, and be able to help point those customers in the right direction. It took a lot of manual tasks off of our brand managers' plates.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a better way to manage content creation and workflow (approvals) from within the tool. We still had to use a separate project management tool to gather up all of the assets we needed each month. Since there is no good way in Social Studio for managers/approvers to see all of the content (without individually clicking into each post), we ended up still using a spreadsheet to manage editorial calendars for that purpose. It's not great for companies with multiple layers of approvals. I also remember running into snags with YouTube and Google + integration.

Also, we were big Instagram users, and at the time, there was no Instagram integration. So, that still had to be manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool may not be for you if your content needs to go through multiple layers of approvals. Best for companies who have very adequate content editors and community managers, who can QA before content goes live. It's not a great tool for pushing content through the development cycle and gathering assets, so be prepared to continue using your existing project management system for that.

Our team was having to manually enter content into each channel, and this took away some of that manual work since posts can be duplicated. We also initially had no good way of seeing how our social outreach was performing, but by using SS we could easily see at-a-glance which posts (and categories) were performing well, so we could optimize our content each month.

Our community manager also no longer had to check each channel every morning for customer complaints; they were all in one place, and could be addressed more quickly and easily.

Salesforce review by Karen D.
Karen D.

"Easy to use and navigate"

What do you like best?

The fact that is it web-based so I can access it from anywhere I have an internet connection. I am also able to customize my tabs so I can easily organize my day and follow up when needed.

What do you dislike?

I am unable to compose a new DM from the Enagage platform. The search function is also a little hard to navigate as I would like to be able to search for particular Twitter handles so I can respond back to them after a few days or weeks have passed by,

I am engaging with customers through social media on a daily basis. I am able to respond to questions and concerns quickly and accurately. I am also able to circumvent calls into our call center by answering simple questions or communicating information about the status of our network.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy deployment and intuitive customization"

What do you like best?

We were up and running in 2 days and were able to match the functionality of our Sprinklr deployment in less than a week.

What do you dislike?

limited reporting suite. The default reports are great and widgets are easy to deploy. Just need more customization. Publisher requires separate post to each platform, rather than an all-in-one editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take advantage of the premier support. The accelerators are second to none.

We use this for all Social Listening and engagement as well as organic social.

Salesforce review by Francisco C.
Francisco C.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Mainly use it for social listening, it gives you great statistics and feedback live. It is very easy to use and to interact with other team members.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, there are things that need polishing, such as reporting, and some information does not show up when monitoring. The main problem is SPAM (or irrelevant) information that gets generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at different providers for options as well to see what best fits your needs

Social Listening, has opened a great opportunity to be in touch with our users

Salesforce review by Jessica W.
Jessica W.

"Overall pleased"

What do you like best?

In my previous position, the majority of my experience with Social Studio was on the Engage side. This tool bridged the gap between our external warranty center and internal escalations team and streamlined contact with our social agency. We were able to optimize the Topic Profile for customer service posts and use Social Hub to automatically route these to the appropriate individuals. It was like we found the missing piece to the puzzle to align the workflow between these groups. In my current position, I am gaining a more complete perspective of the tool. I like being able to use labels when publishing to inform future content, to create Topic Profiles within Social Studio rather than Radian6, and to view/customize Analyze dashboards on demand based on social accounts or Topic Profiles as well as time frame.

What do you dislike?

I have been consistently using Social Studio since September 2014 and have experienced a few issues with functionality (Ex: photos not showing up in columns, inability to post from a social account, etc). These issues have been addressed promptly by Marketing Cloud Support. I have also expressed interest in features that do not yet exist (Ex: approval workflow for Engage, ability to pause a column overnight, etc). The Salesforce team I work with is awesome, and I am confident that this tool will continue to evolve. I appreciate the increased functionality and updates as they are implemented.

I have direct experience with aligning workflows for a better customer experience and issue resolution on Facebook and Twitter. We are also using labels on these product and service related posts to identify potential emerging issues. Moving forward, I will be working with our business units along with our Salesforce team to improve online reputation with the help of Social Studio.

Salesforce review by Jaimie B.
Jaimie B.

"Social Studio: Solid sCRM platform"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with the marketing cloud, the ability to create custom audiences and just how your social engagement strategy can expand into a paid, CRM, analytics and listen,ing strategy....Not only a solid publishing and engagement platform but generally how social studio can enhance your entire customer journey within digital strategy itself.

What do you dislike?

Lack of an image repository isn't great for regional and team sharing is a gap

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already a SFDC customer, go for it. It makes sense for your long term digital and demand strategies.

Governance, consistency and great tool for always on engagement.

Salesforce review by Karri C.
Karri C.

"Social Studio is good, but not great."

What do you like best?

The real-world preview of your post so you know what it will look like when you publish. Performance of the platform is also pretty good.

What do you dislike?

Time/Date don't copy over when you duplicate your post. No bulk scheduling -- need to create calendar of posts offline and then upload to Publish calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on your scale -- easy to add users, but they're licensed by the account, not the user. So if you have a lot of users but not a lot of accounts, the price will be better. They are still integrating Radian6 into the platform -- until all the functionality of R6 is included, it will continue to be ranked poorly on the Social Analytics side.

Centralized access to social channels. Distributed authorship. Secured account credentials.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Useful, but buggy"

What do you like best?

Social studio has an easy-to-learn layout and provides me with useful analytics.

What do you dislike?

When you have multiple accounts and platforms on it, Social Studio becomes very slow. I experience bugs all the time, where it will not save aspects of my posts, or it won't allow me to tag the proper Facebook page in a post. Additionally, the formatting can come out strangely at times. I also wish I could share posts and content that has already been posted.

We use it to schedule social posts and look at how well our organic posts performed.

Salesforce review by Tyler A.
Tyler A.

"Making the most of Social Studio"

What do you like best?

The integrated calendar is very easy to work with. It makes adding new posts and not having conflicting content manageable.

What do you dislike?

I work for Simon, and have a lot of different calendars to look at at once. It is quite difficult to reduce it down to ONLY my calendar, and I have to unclick through every one else's to get to mine. If there is an easier way to do this, it should be better broadcast

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to read through how to use the product. Understanding this will further help you advance your content quality.

Working for a large corporation where brand identity is huge, this streamlines the efforts of many people into one location. Social Studio provides this as an exceptional opportunity.

Salesforce review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"Easy tool for social media monitoring and management. "

What do you like best?

The ability to schedule (Facebook and Twitter) is extremely useful for us. Management of content via the content calendar makes it easy for us to keep track of all channels in a simple format. The workflow approval process is also exceptional in ensuring we schedule final content with our agency.

What do you dislike?

The inability to schedule Instagram posts is extremely frustrating.

We would also like the ability to 'drag and drop' notes or content within the calendar rather than clicking on each piece and scheduling manually.

The inability to upload a custom thumbnail for our videos also makes it hard to use SS at times so we need to resort to Facebook or Twitter for scheduling.

Dark posts on Facebook (ads that are not posted on our FB page) are not pulled through and this makes it difficult to monitor with us having to go into Facebook and click through notifications instead. We were promised this and it still hasn't been delivered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once the ability to use this tool is grasped, it will make daily social media managements extremely easy with social listening to benefit your ability to reach out to your target audience.

The management of social content with the ability to schedule content when our target audience is online.

Social listening has also been beneficial when explaining the benefits of social media to stakeholders- which is still a very new concept for the organisation.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Highly functional tool"

What do you like best?

Social studio allows us to manage multiple business units with multiple social presences all in one place. The seamless integration with the platforms is a distinct advantage over other products. Radian6 Topic Profile integration within the ios app is also incredibly convenient.

Workflow setup is intuitive and extremely effective in a team environment where many may be posting to several accounts. Also, the ability to tie stock photo accounts to Social Studio accounts is a distinct advantage.

What do you dislike?

I have just a couple minor dislikes. Social data gathered on customers doesn't integrate into any other databases within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Also, sometimes links posted from within the app don't pull the same links in production then they did during the scheduling process.

Really, my only serious issue with Social Studio is that it is a good deal more expensive than it's competitors, like Hootsuite. However, if it tied customer data gathered at other points (email, predictive) and integrated a full view of the customer into one place in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, it would be a good value as a package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are constant enhancements and it is always getting better and more sophisticated. My number one recommendation would be use the workflow, even if you don't think you need to. It isn't worth the risk.

Use the conveniences that Social Studio offers like the tied stock photo accounts.

The biggest benefit we've seen is the management of many business units, many social accounts, and many users. The workflow is great and training is very easy because of the intuitive nature of the system. We also use Radian6, which while is incredibly complex and more challenging to master, is an invaluable social listening tool. Our company has been able to quickly address customer service issues as well as give feedback on conversations surrounding our brand.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Good but needs improvements"

What do you like best?

The "duplicate post" feature is such a simple yet incredible tool! It saves so much time to be able to "duplicate" a past post that already has the links, google analytics, hashtags, etc. that I need and I can quickly modify the copy and image and schedule for another time.

What do you dislike?

Having only two social accounts per workspace can be tedious to go back and forth between workspaces. Also, the LinkedIn group connector has been tricky to work with. If you could "post" or at least schedule notifications for when to post to Instagram, that would be helpful! Having to go between Social Studio and Radian 6 is a pain and would be better if it could all be in one place (Social Studio) and if you could customize the Social Studio dashboard rather than the predetermined graphs. Exporting to PDF rather than just excel in Social Studio would be great too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

May not be worth the investment if you are only looking for publishing and basic analytics. Radian 6 is very powerful but may not be necessary for all users.

The analytics have been helpful in seeing our engagement and growth. Radian 6 has also been helpful to see our place in the larger industry picture.

Salesforce review by Cole T.
Cole T.

"Powerful tool, but somewhat limiting for analytics"

What do you like best?

The data Social Studio collects, and the tools available to you to interact with your followers are great. The best feature is the "Engage" dashboard, which allows you to setup and interact with followers in a custom workflow.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are somewhat limiting - there are tools out there that allow for a user to customize the analytics and drill-down deeper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the Salesforce platform, Social Studio can tie into the platform and do great things. If you are not on the Salesforce platform, there are other, less expensive tools.

We engage with our customers and followers using social studio, as well as monitor our industry for trends and conversations we can become apart of.

Salesforce review by Katie L.
Katie L.

"Pretty great for streamlining, but still has some issues."

What do you like best?

I love that we can post to all platforms in one space and that it allows tags. The easy to maneuver side tabs on the right are helpful to see each post's results.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the connection with LinkedIn...you are able to post images and videos via social studio so we have to set reminders at scheduled times to manually post the content to LI.

3 different people work on our company sponsored content. These 3 different people are in all different departments so it allows us to be streamlined and strategic in our approach. It also allows me to generate content and get it approved by the supervisor without having to send emails back and forth.

Salesforce review by Annina G.
Annina G.

"Social Studio helps me organize our social media channels and spokespeople globally "

What do you like best?

What I really like about Social Studio is that I am able to create so-called Workspaces. This allows us to organize our teams across the countries we are active in. I can easily add and remove users and channels.

What do you dislike?

Employees who are using social media as part of their daily job ideally shouldn't have direct access to the actual page (and thus control it via personal login details) - ideally we would open the page centrally and give them access through Social Studio. But unfortunately the tool does not give us an easy solution for this. On a regular basis channels have to be reauthorized (and only the person who has registered the social media channel can reauthorize the channel).

Business problems:

- one tool for all

- Joint content management

- Compliance (control over who has published what)

- Engagement

- Tracking and Labeling

- Monitoring of channels

- Global use of a tool

- etc.

Salesforce review by User in Internet

"Social Studios: Engaging Customers on a Personal Level"

What do you like best?

Love this product! I foundd it to be extremely helpful in engaging my restaurant's guests, as well as the abilities to listen, analyze, and publish through social conversations. I especially love the fact that my package and pricing was tailored for my business.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but unfortunately due to some budget constraints we were forced to discontinue our use with the product. We now use and internal social media manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Doing social media correctly is always challenging and difficult for businesses. This product revealed several layers of social media we had not previously been paying attention to, such as analytics, and allowed us to see the value in monitoring our social media accounts more closely.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Expensive but worth it!"

What do you like best?

Unlike any other competitor Radian6 has been best at ensuring we can filter out chatter that isn't relevant to our brand. Although others will claim to be able to do this, not all of them deliver. And Radian6 makes it easy to manually remove or change the sentiment of posts to ensure accuracy with reporting. Radian6 and Social Studio ensure this can be done on all platforms from PC to iPhone to iPad with ease.

What do you dislike?

The cloud version has some way to go before it matches all of the features in the Radian6 engagement console. The mobile software is iOS only, and should really be replicated for Android too. Adding extra social media accounts is pricey, and should be part of the one package that you buy from the start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the full breakdown of costs including the costs of adding additional accounts, it can add up if you don't plan.

There are lots of benefits of using a social media monitoring software but for us the important factor in choosing Radian6/Social Studio was the time it saved. The tools for filtering were comprehensive and the ability to manually remove and adjust sentiment using various keyboard shortcuts was very helpful. Alternatives like Meltwater Buzz might claim they can do this, but not with ease, moreover it cannot do it on mobile versions.

Salesforce review by Romain B.
Romain B.

"An good tool for planning your publication"

What do you like best?

I love using Social Studio to get a global view of my calendar but also to publish easily. Workflow and user experience are really well done.

It's a good way to combine BuddyMedia and Radian 6 in one tool.

The app is marvelous.

What do you dislike?

You can only publish to Facebook and Twitter : it's not enough for a Salesforce tool !

I terribly miss Lindkedin, Google +, Pinterest with this tool ...

As I'm working at a Global level, it's easy for the countries I work with to pick up the content from the tool.

It saves a lot of time to manage the publication as countries have a direct view on the Calendar.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Social Studio "

What do you like best?

I like being able to see what other malls are posting so I know what content has been approved. I also like being able to have access to some of the shared content so I don't always have to come up with some postings for myself.

What do you dislike?

The approval process can sometimes take longer than the 24 hours that we are told. Also, it sometimes takes weeks for new shared content to be posted so I often have to come up with content for several days (even weeks in some cases). Also, with the shared content, there are a lot of stores addressed that are not located in our mall. It would be nice to have content from some of the smaller stores that are in malls nationwide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like being able to control both our Facebook and our Twitter pages from Social Studio. I can have access to both pages at the same time, without having to toggle between two pages.

I like being able to hide spam postings to our page. Also, I noticed that you can not tag a specific page from Social Studio. I have to manually go into Facebook to tag a store in our postings.

Salesforce review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Usually good, but mobile experience is frustrating."

What do you like best?

I like that I can see what all the other malls are doing as well and the online is easy to use. I like that I can see what I'm doing the whole week so I can look for repetitiveness and see the whole picture.

Not only can I look at my big picture but I can see what other malls are doing well and how I

What do you dislike?

I do not like the when you upload an image it doesn't show you exactly what it looks like in the perspective social media. Images get rejected by corporate because they aren't the correct size and it is time consuming to have to look at all the specs. Letting me know that the image is not optimized for facebook or twitter would be helpful.

I also wish I could view just my malls posts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a team working together, can see your posts and theirs and how they work together. Big picture is improved.

Social studio is great for scheduling posts out. We are balancing the corporate branding with individual malls unique voice.

Salesforce review by User in Research
User in Research

"Getting better, still some unfortunate quirks"

What do you like best?

Visual depiction of posts as you draft, calendar view is great, ability to duplication posts is a huge bonus, and the segregated and shared workspaces will hopefully become a major boon for our organization.

What do you dislike?

Inability to connect @ handles with Twitter (requiring that I go to Twitter to search the appropriate handle and then return to Social Studio to use).

Inability to make copies of posts unless they're scheduled/posted (sometimes I want to make a copy of a draft instead of starting from scratch).

The hover-over pop-ups on the left-hand icons are clickable and will take you away from your draft post without asking if you'd like to save your work. This has been frustrating on several occasions because it doesn't autosave and I have to try to recreate whatever I was crafting from memory.

The analytics area gives me information on my most popular posts, but I can choose to duplicate them. I have to look at the date and then to to the calendar, find that date, track down that post and duplicate from there.

I need to delete multiple draft posts at once. I've got over 100 draft posts created by an intern that I want to do away with and I can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. It gets easier.

Calendaring is vital, seeing all posts from various channels in one place is vital.

Salesforce review by Consultant in Food & Beverages
Consultant in Food & Beverages

"Glanbia Usage of Social Studio"

What do you like best?

Engagement console is very powerful - to engage across multiple platforms from the same place is very useful to our business considering we have a number of different social accounts.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest issues we face is the fact that if we schedule a post within social studio:

1. It does not appear in our ads manager in Facebook - meaning we cannot apply advertising to it

2. You can't tag another page on Facebook or user on Twitter - making putting out content via the calender very difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it - I thin k this tool has some many features that we had initial adoption issues - push the adoption and focus on training within your teams - the pay off is worth it.

We do not have language capabilities in house meaning we have to give foreign marketing agencies access to our social accounts, social studio have enabled us to give them access to all relevant pages without sharing platforms - with a very strong approval system making working with these agencies quite easy.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Cosmetics
Administrator in Cosmetics

"Social Studio is a fast and effective way to push posts to all of our sites for customer engagement."

What do you like best?

Social studio is user friendly and posts can be uploaded quickly and scheduled out ahead of time for low maintenance. Social studio not only pushes the posts effectively but helps you in ensuring that the content is professional. The spell check feature is one of my favorites as well as the website link with images to attach to the post.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that once the post is pushed live you cannot edit it. If we have an error on a post when it goes live we have to manually go through 200 pages to fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend social studio to anyone that has pages to manage and does not have the time to manage everyday. The ability to schedule posts weeks and months out allows for a higher frequency of content to be pushed to pages. Social studio not only pushes the posts effectively but helps you in ensuring that the content is professional.

Social studio allows us to post to all social media sites efficiently to keep updated content going and keep our customers engaged with our business. The MAJOR benefit of this is that you can take a day and schedule posts for Facebook and Twitter our for the next weeks or months and not worry about having to manually enter content more than once.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great too for social publishing and analytics"

What do you like best?

The scheduling calendar is awesome for collaboration, and I love the ability to not only create posts for several platforms, but have a preview of how they will display on the platform itself. The analyze module is fun and easy to use, and provides a visually appealing dashboard view that is easy to read (even for people who are typically directly involved in our social media)

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I think the engage module is the weakest point, and I still find myself leaving social studio to engage with our clients through the platform. Tagging/labling/classifying/filtering... its all a bit time consuming and seems to take the focus away from the main point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Using Social Studio has not only made our social media interactions more streamlined, but has also given us a better understand of how we want to interaction online as an organization.

reporting on and following conversations around individual campaigns is a breeze with topic profiles. Additionally, pulling in negative sentiment around campaigns has allowed us to quickly address concerns for people who may not have directly contacted us, giving us the opportunity turn around potentially harmful situations quickly

Salesforce review by Agency in Restaurants
Agency in Restaurants

"We use this product to manager McDonald's restaurants Facebook and Twitter pages"

What do you like best?

The ability to post to multiple pages and social media platforms at one time, and to have everything in one spot. Instead of having to go into 27 individual Facebook pages, we are able to post to all of them at one time.

What do you dislike?

We have had some issues posting to all of our Facebook pages. Posts have been written, but we aren't able to post to the page. Social Studios also does not notify us when reviews for our individual restaurants pages occur. We don't have the capability to modify, comment, or delete any of the reviews, whether good or bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It saves time, yet there are kinks to be worked out. Might benefit a company who would monitor a lesser amount of individual Facebook pages more. A lesser number being something in the single digits.

We are saving time by having one program post to and monitor each of our Facebook pages.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Social Studio gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I really like the user management and simplicity in adding accounts across multiple workspaces.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the Instagram support was more than just a simple link to open the platform. Were it capable of directly posting to the account, I would be more likely to use Social Studio more.

Further, the tagging functionality on Facebook leaves a bit to be desired in terms of being able to add others to your post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are someone who boosts a lot of Facebook posts, but schedules the ads in advance, keep in mind that you cannot schedule the boosted post if it is scheduled through Social Studio. You will have to wait until it goes live.

I will say, though, that if you have multiple users and need to organize them into their own tiers of capability, Social Studio makes it easy to accomplish that.

With more than 200 locations with unique social accounts to manage, the intent is to use Social Studio to insure a unified brand voice is used for all content. The benefit of keep it all within this single platform is that it is easy to see what posts have gone live for each of our locations. The further implementation of post approvals has allowed for that to become universally applied, and it dramatically improved the quality of our content.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Brand manager review of Social Studio"

What do you like best?

The ability to moderate posts before they go live. This is important to me because we are in the midst of training someone on brand voice. I also love how we can filter to activity live on the web. For us, we've got filters set up to see references made about the Brand, company Founders and our Industry.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I find frustrating using the mobile app (iOS) is that I am unable to modify status updates. Maybe I don't know where the edit button is in the app so far as editing a status update before approving it, but not being able to quickly approve something from my mobile device that requires slight revision is inconvenient. There is no Android version of Social Studio which makes posting to Instagram difficult given it needs to be posted to natively. Also, I am unable to preview posts to Instagram before they are published which means that posts made to Instagram bypass the traditional approval queue set up in Social Studio. Our social media manager has an Android device and is unable to access Social Studio from her mobile device. Please create an app for Android users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider whether it ties into your CRM and how you might be able to use it more effectively.

We wanted to know more about metrics and analytics. We previously used HootSuite and could only see so much into what was going on.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great concept, but impractical for staying current."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can schedule things in advance. I can schedule social media for a whole week and not have to worry about it again.

What do you dislike?

The turnaround time for posting makes it impossible to reach our audience with things that are happening right now in our mall. With malls you have sales or in-store events that happen on a Saturday that you don't find out about until Friday. Then our customers can't be informed because it doesn't get "approved" in time. There have also been instances where I scheduled something 3-4 days before a holiday weekend, and I guess the interns went home early because nothing got posted. And it continued to not get posted for two weeks, and I had companies breathing down my neck about the status of their posts. Of course, I couldn't tell them anything other than "we have a third party social media service." Social media is meant to inform people about what's happening right now. Not what happened three days ago...sorry you missed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, you should probably avoid it if you can.

Actually no business problems are being solved. The only benefit is scheduling ahead of time (if it gets posted). But for the most part it's just an obstacle in reaching our audience. Organic posts from us that we get permission not to put through Social Studio have performed as much as 1000% (yes that's one thousand per cent) better according to social media analytics that we got from individual sites (not Social Studio).

"Guest Services Manager"

What do you like best?

None. I do not like it at all. At all.

What do you dislike?

Social Studio issues

seems to be used only to benefit Simon's image- the limitations on posting frequency/pictures/content do NOT benefit the merchants. I understand the importance of brand cohesion among malls & outlets, but it seems counter-intuitive to the idea of using social media: we want people to visit our locations and buy things. Customers don't care if the image on Facebook is rectangular in shape and perfectly sized- they want to know what sales the stores are having. The amount of declined posts I've received based PURELY on that is ridiculous- I always edit them as soon as I can but since the reviewing process on social studio can take so long, the promotions or sales have already ended, even if I've scheduled the post far enough in advance that it shouldn't be an issue. Brand cohesion is important, but it means nothing if it's too restrictive to actually increase sales.

lack of attention to detail of the reviewers- for instance ,one time I scheduled a number of build a bear posts to be posted on Facebook and twitter, alternating each week. I created all of these posts at one time to schedule them, and they almost all got declined because the reviewer ) didn't want social media "saturated with build-a-bear"- those posts were scheduled to go out throughout the month. It was a lot of wasted time and effort on my part and reflected badly on me to the merchant because I assured her I would get the information out.

Clunky- there needs to be a default filter that each location can choose. I've had my computer freeze many times because every time I open Social Studio, every location is visible and I have to remove that filter before I post something and after as well. It slows down my computer tremendously.

There needs to be a clear, easy to read print option so I can print out my month of scheduled posts

None

Salesforce review by Jimmy M.
Jimmy M.

"Social Studio Very Good but Still Needs Some Improvements"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to add meta tags to posts for back end sorting and analytics. This has been extremely helpful in our reporting and analytics.

What do you dislike?

I really wish you could tag other Facebook pages through Social Studio. If I want to do that I have to go through Facebook's native scheduler, which I really would prefer not to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product, especially for reporting and analytics. There are still some things to be desired, but they seem to address many of these in the monthly updates.

It's helped us organize our social calendar in a much more efficient way. It also allows for much easier monitoring and reporting.

Salesforce review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Scalable product to answer your publishing, engagement, analysis and collaboration needs. "

What do you like best?

Workflows, approvals and content sharing are really great functionalities of Social Studio especially if you are working with a regional team and different agencies for your engagement and content marketing. It also harnesses the listening capability of Radian6. Very Scalable.The mobile app is very useful as well!

What do you dislike?

Publishing and Engagement functionality are superb, however, the analyze function needs a bit more work especially in the dashboards like including an export function and centralized dashboard. Adding more data for the analysis and reporting will totally make this platform the all-in-one platform for social media marketers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a company with a big team handling social media marketing, (per region, per country, with external agencies) this is a great tool to promote collaboration and make content publishing less painful.

The built-in capability for workflows allows a medium size company to easily upgrade their social media presence from just content publishing to giving customers basic social customer service. Proactive engagement is also possible with the integration of Radian6.

Also good for agencies managing different clients for social media marketing.

Content approvals, publishing and content sharing among different teams.

Basic customer service.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

""Social Studio Review - Good start, excited about the potential.""

What do you like best?

Social Studio has made the approval process easier for multiple logins, admin levels and more to work with multiple teams in different locations. It is more user friendly and makes our work more efficient, reduces level of error and allows us to plan more efficiently in the social space.

What do you dislike?

There are other tools that have many of the same features already. With a high starting price, I'm not sure that it is worth the money.

Increased support for additional social networks would be appreciated, but I understand that's generally an API issue from the network.

Reduce number of small glitches in tool overall

Global strategy with multiple pages - costly

As mentioned, it makes our work more efficient, reduces level of error and allows us to plan more efficiently in the social space. There's less third-party communication required to see who is doing which tasks, who is responsible for which accounts, etc.

Salesforce review by Internal Consultant in Retail
Internal Consultant in Retail

"Beneficial but has fallen behind new social media innovations - needs to be more agile and update"

What do you like best?

Love the performance dashboarding feature - especially for Facebook to see post volume and sentiment over time. Automated granular data is easy to access - this is great.

What do you dislike?

Wish we had more visibility on the newer platforms. We've been asking questions about the image-based platforms like Instagram and Pinterest for a while and have been told this is in the pipeline. Digital/social media is constantly changing and this info is key to understanding our consumers. The fact that Social Studio is married to Twitter is really no longer relevant to us since our target isn't interacting on this platform as frequently! This is a big miss on their part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it all of the social media networks where you want to measure how you reach your audience. Simple questions like Instagram, Vine, or Pinterest support should be considered. This tool is great for scheduling, however only for the platforms it supports.

This is a hard question to answer. Can't point to anything concrete, except for the fact that we keep the social media posting calendar on here and it's helpful for scheduling and approvals. Post reporting is helpful as well in that it's automated and can be filtered, but these are the only value-adds vs the native platforms...

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"I have absolutely loved using Social Studio for my clients. "

What do you like best?

I love how simple engagement and social listening are made with Social Studio. The engage tab streams are very easy to set-up and user-friendly for our team. We love that you can hide AND delete posts, assign them to other users, and mark sentiment or a status as needed. Publishing updates for multiple brands is also very easy and streamlined via Social Studio. It is the easiest platform I have used for publishing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it takes the engage tab streams to load when multiple streams and brands are set-up. I also dislike that our whole team has access to publish updates for the brands via Social Studio and that we cannot "lock" that feature to only give access to certain users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to our clients when suggesting easy-to-use platforms, that can do everything they need.

As mentioned before, publishing for multiple brands has been so easy with Social Studio. We love the calendar view so we can keep track of everything that is going out in one place, and easily see mistakes.

Salesforce review by Chiara D.
Chiara D.

"Social Studio tool "

What do you like best?

It is a user friendly platform, which allows you to really listen to what consumers are saying about your company and to manage conversations from different platforms at the same time.

Settings are pretty easy to be fixed and filters cover most of the situation (country, language, media type, etc). Interface is simple and engaging.

What do you dislike?

I don't like reports that can be extracted from the system. I would prefer to have interactive ones also.

Whenever a critical situation is impacting the business we use this tool to check what people are saying in the web.

This helps a lot in defining the entity of a "crisis" and to understand the reasons for.

Salesforce review by Doug S.
Doug S.

"Love the potential and integration, still learning!"

What do you like best?

Love that Social Studio offers great engage, analyze and publishing tools all in one interface, similar to "other tools."

What do you dislike?

We're still waiting on Salesforce integration, though that's coming. I think there's a bit of a steep learning curve, and the interace still could be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the tool, and integrate with other tools like Salesforce.

Our big challenges are lack of resources, time, and integration. We need agile tools to save time, cut out steps and process, and improve Customer Service integration with social. Social Studio is helping with that, and also with our journey to becoming a social business across the entire organization.

Salesforce review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"A Marked Change Over Radian 6 & Just As Capable"

What do you like best?

Social Studio is a more simplified & easy to use tool that's just as capable as its predecessor Radian 6 & Buddy Media. By finally integrating the two into one, Social Studio is now closer in ability to Adobe Social which is always a plus.

The UI is also cleaner & less laggy compared to Radian 6, which makes it better to use as well.

What do you dislike?

The predictive engagement rates tool that Adobe Social has is a key publishing tool that Social Studio doesn't have, which while doesn't hinders usage, makes it harder to optimize post to get the best engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy to use system & you will be able to get it up & running as quickly as possible.

For analytics, the data presented is much clearer hence it is easier for analysis to be made & presented to anyone who needed the data

Salesforce review by Hayley M.
Hayley M.

"Great experience with Social Studio for Facebook Monitoring"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the prompt replies and feedback I get with my contacts at social studio. They're very friendly and quickly address my needs and fix any issues. I love the regular Facebook performance reports and appreciate the effort they put into my social media pages.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I don't like about the platform is that I can't access customer reviews and respond to them. I think that's more of an issue with Facebook, either way it's definitely the downside,

I had a lot of problems getting all my Facebook pages up and running; but my social studio team handled it all for me and quickly, too!

Salesforce review by User in Computer Software

"Good so far"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see all of the analytics and the reporting tools, this is very robust!

What do you dislike?

It is hard to set up keyword searches to fit what you want, their processes are a bit confusing and takes time to dig deep. I dont like that the Facebook preview for creating a post doesnt match what it will actually look like on Facebook. I also dont think that it has access to as much news and online info as it claims, this area seems limited.

Trying to have an all in one space for social media management, but that is still not perfect.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Social Studio ... Needs Improvement"

What do you like best?

I like the concept of Social Studio -- allowing you to schedule and analyze off of the same platform, and working under the Salesforce CRM platform.

What do you dislike?

Social Studio feels like too much of a compromise on to many level. The Radian 6 legacy system does not mesh well with the rest of the Salesforce platform, the scheduling is less intuitive than a simple program like Buffer, and the sentiment function is totally unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're a Salesforce/Marketing Cloud expert

Theoretically it's enabling us to put social-media scheduling, creation and analysis under one platform that integrates seamlessly with Salesforce, but in reality it hasn't worked that way. As a result, we use Buffer for scheduling and the social-media channels' built-in analytics for analysis

Salesforce review by Tanya M.
Tanya M.

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

I like the option to share content, duplicate posts, and schedule future posts. Shared content means a clear, unified voice for our brand across the nation.

What do you dislike?

The inability to filter to look for specific retailers makes it difficult to space out content fairly. If a retailer hasn't submitted new images, it may be too long before shared content is introduced for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a set stratagem in place before launch is key to understanding and ease of implementation.

Content creation has unified the voice of our brand across the nation. Corporate branding is easier to implement with a singular voice shared with the field locations.

"Social studio review"

What do you like best?

Once you work with it and get some training, it’s fairly easy to use. It definitely makes managing multiple Facebook pages much easier.

What do you dislike?

You can only upload mp4 files instead of mov, which becomes frustrating having to convert a lot of files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train everyone using it

We are able to post more frequently and more often. We can schedule posts and ensure we are constantly updating followers with content.

Salesforce review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Social Studio Review "

What do you like best?

The mobile app means connection to your accounts wherever you are. Good for managing multiple accounts while not constantly behind a keyboard. The social listening tools are also a great tool but folders can sometimes be difficult to set up/navigate.

What do you dislike?

Some features are limited. Like uploading multiple photos to posts. This seems to especially be an issue with Twitter and we usually end up posting to it natively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool to manage and schedule, especially, your social media accounts across multiple users. The calendar provides a good overview of your posts for whatever time period you are looking to show.

Organizing our social media calendar to make sure all users are on the same page.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great tool for monitoring, responding, scheduling and analyzing social content"

What do you like best?

I love that the tool houses everything in one place. We can schedule posts, tag content, monitor and respond to comments, communicate with other members of the institution about issues management and analyze data.

What do you dislike?

Not all social media platforms have granted Social Studio API access, which can make certain things still very manual.

It allows us to be more efficient. And it allows us to better collaborate with other teams within the organization who manage social.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Dairy
Administrator in Dairy

"Great tool for Social Listening"

What do you like best?

Customisable workspaces, ability to separate topic profiles and search functionality. Tracking of comments and marking them with a status to follow up later.

What do you dislike?

A few bugs to be fixed, particularly timezones and posting notes on the "Publish" calendar section. - mobile app also does not match in functionality of web version.

Would like to be able to customise notes for different parts of the business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a big but positive change from Radian 6, where I struggled to get my head around then, Social Studio was easier to pick up and use particularly when building topic profiles and individual workspaces/tabs.

Take time to learn all the features and in time you will pick it up easily.

We're now able to track live updates on Social Channels mentions of our brand and track how we're interacting with the public.

Salesforce review by Ellen U.
Ellen U.

"Social Studio at the office"

What do you like best?

I love being able to schedule posts in advance. Our office gets pretty busy around the holiday season and it is nice to not have to worry about reaching our customers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes posts don't schedule due to errors but usually customer service will assist with this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that when setting up your account your time zone is not conflicting with your post schedule.

We are able to promote events by scheduling and able to post live without feeling overwhelmed with the scheduling process. It's nice to be able to enjoy the moment without having to worry about promotion.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Security and Investigations
Administrator in Security and Investigations

"Social Studio has helped our brand put the customer first. "

What do you like best?

Social Studio works as a great platform in which multiple players can all work in one space. It helps the marketing side of my brand and the customer relations side work in harmony to ensure efficiency to boost brand reputation across all platforms.

What do you dislike?

One issue that my team has come across a few times is the lack of real-time updates in the engagement console. We will see posts generating natively on social platforms, but there will be a delay in seeing them on social studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of all of the training materials they provide. It will be beneficial in utilizing all functionality.

One major issue we've resolved is giving several different teams that manage our social pages one central tool to use that aids in engagement, while also allowing us to categorize engagements to ultimately report on.

Salesforce review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Social Studio is has a user friendly interface that makes it easy to create results."

What do you like best?

I personally enjoy the simplicity of the user interface.

What do you dislike?

The lack of some social integration. There are some social platforms we would love to report on that is currently not offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to quickly learn the interface and use it to your advantage. Be prepared for future updates that are in the pipeline. Don't be afraid to contact your account manager, where as they can be very helpful to you.

We are now able to report better on crisis situations and specific campaigns. There is a great benefit in showing the social results produced for a campaign.

Salesforce review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"A really useful tool"

What do you like best?

I love being able to schedule all my posts in advance and being able to edit them easily

What do you dislike?

I don't like not being able to schedule posts with embedded video, it's unstable and doesn't work reliably enough for us. When scheduling tweets for the next week it reverts back to the current week for each one, which is a bit of a pain when you're in a hurry!

We were finding our old tool couldn't cope with the increased demand we were seeing across our social channels. Social studio has helped us be much more efficient with our work.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good. With a lot of potential. "

What do you like best?

This tool has great listening capability and an intuitive user interface. The analyze portion is fairly straightforward. There is a lot you can do with tagging, monitoring and publishing.

What do you dislike?

Support and assignment workflows can become complicated when using Topic Profiles. And this tool has not caught up to the feed targeting on Facebook. Also, there is no way to automatic Instagram posting.

Great for keeping many teams and departments in one social tool - it is truly an "enterprise" solution. For some, it may be too robust.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Simple and clean"

What do you like best?

Streamlined reverse-chronological list of recent actions makes it easy to identify the newest posts to attend to. When there isn't a huge list of new comments, this is very easy to catch up on and effortless to use

What do you dislike?

That you can't view the comment stream through social studio - to see the comment stream you have to click through to facebook/twitter, whereas it would be easier if I could see the previous comment on the stream within social studio to gain context if it's a long conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Keeping track of all social media touch points and engaging with customers in a timely fashion. The benefit is that it takes less time and we can be 100% sure we cover all customers instead of not knowing if we've caught up to date with every comment

Salesforce review by Matthijs H.
Matthijs H.

"Great step forward for Salesforrce!"

What do you like best?

The combination of engagement, publishing and analyze is great. Now we can do all work in the same tool!

What do you dislike?

I think Salesforce can work on adding new social media tools for publishing and engaging faster. Like Instragram and Snapchat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're searching for an all in one tool , you definitely should try Social Studio, Easy to use, easy so set up, very user friendly.

We had the possibility to let people access interesting data and feedback from their customers in an easy way. Without less knowledge of the tool you are able to work with it.

Salesforce review by Dashaun G.
Dashaun G.

"Social Studio is great for higher ed social media management"

What do you like best?

The ease of developing social media campaigns with the system and being able to coordinate with other teams at the University. It just makes it so much easier to plan and visually see your work and what you have planned to make necessary adjustments in a world with so many changes and updates. The frequency in their updates are also a benefit, so it makes it seem as if your opinions matter in the long run.

What do you dislike?

I wish i could upload multiple pictures to a post and photo albums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using it for a month to adequately adjust to it, but in my opinion I felt the difference within a day. training isn't necessary. It's relatively easy to use.

Planning social media campaigns have gotten significantly easier with Social Studio.

Salesforce review by Tracy W.
Tracy W.

"Review of Social Studio"

What do you like best?

It allows for owned Channel Monitoring which allows for pulling owned content/comments into streams for moderation, engagement and review. I like the abiliy to scheduling, drafting, tracking brand owned social posts.

What do you dislike?

It has a relative small maximum file upload limit. It did allow for posting videos to other social media outles such as Instagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to utilize across various social media outlets.

Social Media interaction with clients

Salesforce review by Abby G.
Abby G.

"Disappointing publishing functionality "

What do you like best?

The fact that we can bring our global community managers together on one platform. This satifies both compliance and legal complexities. I also like that I can listen, publish and engage from one tool.

What do you dislike?

The publishing functionality are severly lacking in the tool. We can't utilise the range of content formats that the social platforms offer, which means that we need to still publish natively in the platforms. The lack of paid social integration is also a huge problem.

I am responsible for all social media activity globally across the bank.

Salesforce review by Dean M.
Dean M.

"Great on social customer care"

What do you like best?

The platform allows me to manage all my social media needs from one platform. I can publish, engage and analyze results/trends in conversation all in one platform.

What do you dislike?

While the platform has been an improvement on previous SalesForce social platforms, it is strange that i still cannot view conversation threads. I should also be able to pull a productivity report on all the social customer care work i can do on the platform.

We are looking to increase our engagement and minimize the number of times customers complain to us.

Salesforce review by Executive Sponsor in Human Resources
Executive Sponsor in Human Resources

"Social Studio simplifies and aggregates social media posting and tracking"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can work across the company and with my agency partners via a single interface has improved efficiency and reporting. Since we are all sharing the same dashboard, scheduling is seamless and it avoids overlaps and lapses in posting.

What do you dislike?

Not all platforms are accessible completely through SS, G+ and SlideShare for example. Instagram I can only upload via a mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that the platforms you most use and want to leverage are supported in SS.

Unified platform for all BUs and Agency partners to share. We have also leveraged across with our International partners. Scheduling is easy and having a single interface to access FB, LI and twt has reduced entry issues. The tool aggregates all the posts for reporting and analysis.

Salesforce review by Blake W.
Blake W.

"Utilize social studio for Kia Social Media"

What do you like best?

I like all the features you have within your stack. It makes it easier to not have to jump back and fourth like previously.

What do you dislike?

The more link does not always work, when assigning task to yourself they do not always appear, you have to set a filter for 7 days to make sure you don't have any tasks still assigned to you because it shows you don't have any.

Customer complaints. It is easier to see past post from a customer or their profile from social studio.

Salesforce review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Social Studio for Social Media"

What do you like best?

My whole job centers around social media, so this is honestly the best software because social media is the only thing that it focuses on

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it's so effective, and I couldnt honestly say anything i dislike about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having ANY kind of doubts as far as how to reach a larger array of people from different backgrounds, this is the way to do it. It's literally everything social media-related

How to reach a broader market through social media platforms...everyone has access to social media at all times so they are always accessible

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Using Social Studio for Facebook"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to consolidate all of our Facebook pages into single groupings and tabs. It's also useful to be able to see notifications and reports all in the same area. The entire platform makes it much easier to monitor and post on numerous Facebook pages.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were a little easier to delete multiple posts or to edit content quickly, but these are minor issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would at least give it a try and see how it helps your social media efforts.

The benefit of Social Studio is being able to consolidate our 21 Facebook pages into a single grouping. This allows me to monitor, engage and analyze multiple posts and pages much more easily.

Salesforce review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface. Fairly easy to use from all perspectives - owner, admin, or just publishing rights. The scheduling module couldn't be any easier particularly for Twitter. Setting up profiles seemed daunting at first, but after a little trial and error, was able to figure things out.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a more integrated dashboard for creating Social command centers. Current analytics aren't nearly as appealing to look at from that perspective. Also would like to see a mobile app for Android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Onboarding is critical (and done very well)

We are solving a few problems --

A previous lack of customer service response to issues on social networks.

Building brand loyalty by going straight to the consumer

A recruiting tool

Salesforce review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Social Studio Review"

What do you like best?

The calendar view of scheduled content is easy to navigate and see what posts are queued up for the day and week.

What do you dislike?

In the engage tab, when you are moderating a Facebook page through a created feed, hiding posts through social studio does not hide them on Facebook. It only hides these posts from your social studio feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to ask very specific questions about your requirements in a tool and see if social studio currently meets these requirements.

My team is trying to minimize spam / inappropriate content on our social platforms and using the engage tab of social studio has greatly reduced our time spent on moderation, allowing us to focus on reporting and strategy.