What do you like best?
1- Scalability & coverage: Social Studio is a world leading social tool. It totally address and scale social requirements for any worldwide enterprise (either you are in Russia, China or USA). To be precise, my company was able to deploy this tool on more than 30 countries on the majority of the languages, the social networks and with several SF.com consultants & partners covering the setup and trainings.
2- Capabilities: since 1 year, we can easily use social studio to listen a wide range of sources (it fits our needs and is aligned with competition, while Radian6 was too complex at its time). We also use Social Studio for social response & consumer care engagement. Finally, we leverage the social publishing part which is as well fitting our marketing needs.
3- Landscape and interface: Social Studio is only one part of salesforce.com. We leverage many other solutions from this vendor that can interconnect with Social Studio and add even more power and capabilities. Also, SF.com is for us one of the best to interface with other external capabilities that my company use (through webservices, API, etc.)
What do you dislike?
Social Studio cover all social scenarios but seems not the best in class in each of the capability (listening, response, publishing, etc.). It is one of the best solution for a worldwide business with general needs, but here are 2 examples: it will not fit specific detailed and complex listening scenarios ; and it will not cover ALL chinese social network for the response part ; etc.
We discovered competitors that can address specific cases better then, and we use them in some markets over the world.
Recommendations to others considering the product
- Make sure you specifically cover your listening requirements.
- Make sure Social Studio fit your very specific countries requirements (complex for China for e.g)
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- My company is now able to easily deploy social listening & social consumer care capabilities over each country in a couple of weeks.
- We are detecting consumer crisis sooner than before
- We manage more social pages in more social networks; we need less people to manage more pages!
- We can target, translate and localize our posts in Facebook, in a same page for several countries and languages.
- We better track each consumer case
- We have adapted some of our products accordinng to what we see on the listening capability (flavor, packaging, etc.)