Salesgenie

Salesgenie Reviews

Showing 48 Salesgenie reviews
Salesgenie review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising
View Original

"Simple to use, not super accurate, but does the job"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesgenie
Salesgenie review by Tom B.
Tom B.

"Salesgenie is great for small to medium businesses looking for a sales lead / prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

We use Salesgenie almost every day. Our reps have access to every business in the US with contact details. We also use it to qualify prospects and to send out direct mail. We can build a list and send really high quality postcards to prospects. We've had great response with the direct mail. Postcards are extremely high quality. Heavy, quality card-stock with a smooth coating.

What do you dislike?

For what we use it for, there's not a whole lot that I dislike. We need to search and find leads. It's a good tool for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it and talk to a rep. They've been very helpful getting started. There are a lot of "lead" software tools out there. This is the only one that includes the data which is actually verified by their team. They have 100s of people making calls to update the information, especially on small businesses. Many of the other tools include "crowd sourced" info which has a lot of coverage on the large businesses but terrible on the small companies.

We didn't know too much about what type and size of businesses we were selling to. Salesgenie has a tool, (included in subscription) where you can upload your customers and they'll append and analyze everything from industry to employees, sales volume, etc. Very helpful info. We used that to look for prospect leads that looked like our best customers.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Salesgenie review by Right T.
Right T.

"Easy-Accurate-Friendly"

What do you like best?

After many years of improvements Salesgenie has become indispensable to the daily operation of our company. The standard and custom flagging system is perfect. The accuracy is the best we have ever found (20+ yrs in business). We really love the filtering and selection system, its just so easy!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike here! The have gotten better and better over the years and are to the point that I cannot imagine what could possibly make it easier or smoother to use. If any one reading this is having doubts then just try them for a trial and you will be hooked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free demo and screw around with the filters and search criteria you will be hooked it is amazingly powerful.

Salesgenie keeps track of ANYTHING that we can think of. It has standard flags and custom flags. It has so many search criteria and filters that can be used and set. Salesgenie has made our last 13 years in business so much easier. We cannot imagine doing business and keeping track of our contacts and leads with out it!

Salesgenie review by Rosilyn I.
Rosilyn I.

"Sales Genie Fails To Cancel Subscription in a timely manner"

What do you like best?

I think warm leads are better. Sales Genie isn't the best option.I don't really like anything best about them. I think there customer service is horrible.

What do you dislike?

I sold Aflac insurance for 15 years. I stopped selling insurance in January of 2016. I paid for Sales Genie many years. In January 2016 I sent Sales Genie a cancellation request for my subscription with them, however they never cancelled my subscription. I just noticed in October of 2018 that they were still billing my Agents Accounting Statement approximately $59.00 a month. I spoke w/the Sales Genie Rep for Aflac named Maran. First of all, she isn't polite. She refused to acknowledge that I had ever cancelled my subscription and refused a refund. After all of the years that I had Sales Genie, I think it is very petty of them not to refund the last 2 years that they've been billing me. I haven't logged into Sales Genie in over 2 years. I am absolutely sure they are aware of my last login. I discourage any agent from doing business w/a company that is unscrupulous as they are. Maran is quite useless in that she is unwilling to provide good customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would never recommend this company to anyone

I am not solving any problems w/Sales Genie.

Salesgenie review by Bill D.
Bill D.

"Great lead generation product. Accurate data, great customer support"

What do you like best?

It's a great product for prospecting or validating business characteristics like size and industry. I've also used it for finding upper management contacts at the company. I pretty easy to search for details on any business I'm looking for, including contacts even on small businesses. You can view as many records as needed, regardless of size or geography. There's no limit. Very reliable as a research tool.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot of functionality, so it took a few times to get used to the software. After running a few search queries it's pretty easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a trial. Sign up for a trial and talk to one of their reps. They do a nice job of getting you started.

We use it for prospecting and researching businesses along with some market research.

Salesgenie review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Total ripoff"

What do you like best?

Sales Genie is a ripoff. They bait you in then stick you to a 12 month contract even if you only need to review their services. When they called me I explained that I was not a large business and I was curious about their product. They said they gave me a trial account. It ended up being a 12 month contract. Once I got the first bill I tried to cancel. To date they will not cancel the or refund my money. Today I asked for a copy of the contract. so I can take it to my attorney and the politicians representing Florida to see if we can stop this company from gouging people.

What do you dislike?

I did not like their customer service. They continue to bill you even after you have expressed no interest in using their product. I called a couple of times trying to get assistance using the product to no avail. Basically its a database of mailing addresses that I could have gotten from the post office for much less money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT USE SALES GENIE!!!!! They will lock you into a contract and not allow you to end it. You can always tell a bad company if they don't allow you to change your billing information online. They force you to speak with a representative who will quote that you are under a contract even if you lose your job or no longer need their services. Use the Post Office or Vista Print they do a better job and cost much less. You are not handcuffed to a company like Sales Genie. Terrible company. STAY AWAY.

I have not been able to solve any problems using Sales Genie. The only benefit is that I learned about this company and I can tell others to stay far away from Sales Genie. I requested a refund and they refused stating that there is a 12 month contract in place. I asked for a copy of the contract and I will be reviewing it with an attorney. There should be an exit clause for the consumers who are not happy with their service.

"SalesGenie Review"

What do you like best?

The product is very robust. There is a considerable ability to customize our search, which is very valuable. I've been quite happy with the ability to narrow our search and the layout is intuitive as well.

As far as service, we've been very pleased with Stephanie McGuire, our sales representative, who has been very helpful whenever I've needed something.

What do you dislike?

The need to validate my identity every time that I enter the system is a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, we would provide a recommendation to others.

We are looking for leads, and SalesGenie is helping us to do so quickly and efficiently.

We've been able to create a strong database of leads in a very short time.

Salesgenie review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"Horrible company, horrible service"

What do you like best?

The leads APPEAR cheap. But when you are locked into a 12 month contract and can't get out, and they keep billing you even after you tell them to stop then I guess the part I liked best was calling my bank to get them to reverse the charges.

What do you dislike?

They keep billing you after you stop. I swore the sales rep said it was month to month when I signed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

They have a lot of leads and at the beginning of my contract I used some of them. But a lot of them aren't accurate. I haven't gotten any deals from any SalesGenie lead I have ever bought.

Salesgenie review by User in Financial Services

"Good program for contact info but needs to be updated more often."

What do you like best?

I obviously purchased the product so I could get contact info for cold calls - this is what I use it for and this is what I like best.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that about 15% of the information is outdated. I need to constantly double-check things to ensure I am reaching out to the right person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like I said, there's a lot of information needing to be updated. BUT, you'll find that with any program like this as its almost impossible to keep up with Owners and Managers who've left their respective careers.

I am able to do about 100 cold calls a day via SalesGenie. Obviously, reaching out at th right time has benefit our quality of leads.

Salesgenie review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Insurance Agent"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing is to build lists, I find a group of local businesses and can keep track of my progress with them in Salesgenie.

What do you dislike?

Some owner emails are just generic business emails. Not all, but some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesgenie will save you a lot of time if you are a fan of cold calling. You won't have to dig through social media sites or business websites for information.

The time that it takes to prospect new business. I have realized that it could take me hours to prospect a group of similar businesses; but with Salesgenie, it may take 15 minutes to compile contact information for business owners.

Salesgenie review by Robert D.
Robert D.

"Great Experience with Sales Genie"

What do you like best?

The knowledgeable account manager that handled my account. He quickly assisted my company needs and made recommendations based on the information I provided him. He also worked out a program that fit within my budget...but also suggested some solutions we had not thought of.

What do you dislike?

I just signed up for service today but so far everything has gone smoothly.

I joined Sale Genie to search for retail Vendors to carry the products we provide.

Salesgenie review by Amanda L.
Amanda L.

"Salesgenie is the BEST!"

What do you like best?

Salesgenie is easy to navigate and something we use DAILY within our company! Their leads are amazing and our rep Brian Jorgensen is one of the most helpful people I have ever had the pleasure of working with! We would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike, we are and have always been extremely satisfied with their services

Salesgenie helps our business to GROW

Salesgenie review by Ariane P.
Ariane P.

"Great customer service "

What do you like best?

The customer care has been great and searching for prospective clients is easy.

What do you dislike?

We find that there Tr still many businesses out there that aren't on lists and Theote online crm tool is difficult to use and notes cannot be Extracted.

Finding qualified leads in an efficient matter . The benefits are be able to have quick access to lots of data.

Salesgenie review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Good for P.O. Box businesses and developing telemarketing list an for cold calling by street name "

What do you like best?

Prospects can be listed by zip code, alphabetical street list, or alphabetical name.

What do you dislike?

Prospects are not throughly screened for dba or managing company. By that I mean for a company that owns a number of businesses, each is listed separately so if the company offers your product to all the businesses, they do not get scrubbed from the list , only the managing company. A nice addition would be the ability to map a route.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is nice that it is semi scrubbed, but one can waste a lot of time cold calling closed businesses, dba businesses, and businesses that already have the product available to their employees.

Nothing. The leads often are already taken, there is not method or screening for DBA, and the scrubbing leaves much to be desired.

Salesgenie review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Extremely poor service, overpriced for lack of service, customer relationship is not important"

What do you like best?

Their service is a very generic lead list generation. I found no variation or added-value from other lead list providers.

What do you dislike?

Don't work with salesgenie. Not only are their prices generally higher than other lead service providers, their customer service is worse. This is not a Nordstrom of lead services where you pay more and you get more service.

We thought we were signing up for a 1-month plan, after many months of recurring payments that we didn't catch (our fault). We asked for a refund, and their short answer was, "You never requested to cancel, tough luck." I asked if I could get lead lists for what we'd paid month to month, and their response was simply, "Sorry, you didn't get lists during those months, tough luck."

No professionalism, no willingness to help, no flexibility, no "customer service" mindset, I will never do business with them again, and I'd discourage any others from doing so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. The service is poor, the price is high, and you can get an equivalent lead list from other providers without monthly subscriptions and poor support.

Generating a list of contacts.

Salesgenie review by Mary Brylaine Z.
Mary Brylaine Z.

"Very Helpful"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for prospecting local businesses and tracking potential clients.

What do you dislike?

The program sometimes runs slowly depending on the search criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth a try. Meets all of our needs.

Salesgenie greatly reduces the amount of time we spend prospecting everyday, and allows everyone in the office to easily compile and share lists.

Salesgenie review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Great product, great system - You should try it. "

What do you like best?

Sales leads are accurate and plenty of available prospects. We have gotten into new relationships with this tool. It allows me to have access to more prospects.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of really. For what we use as a small business it is a great for what we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would, it is a great sales tool for all marketers looking to grow. It is easy to use.

Sales leads, it is all available at my finger tips. I have been able to target specific SIC codes in specific areas.

Salesgenie review by Kevin E.
Kevin E.

"Sales Genie lead generator"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, data is current, also my account mgr. is very responsive, also like that they are proactive.

What do you dislike?

Don't have any dislikes so far been very satisfied with the leads and email addresses provided have been active.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good & reliable solution.

Having a single lead generating tool that gives us a consistent marketing plan & offers multiple distribution channels and provides us the support we need.

Salesgenie review by Alex W.
Alex W.

"CEO"

What do you like best?

Dealing with Stephen Madej. It's not only the leads we get but also the personalized service.

What do you dislike?

Over the many years we have done business with Salesgenie we have not run int a problem that wasn't resolved.

We are able to find the exact type of lead quickly.

Salesgenie review by Jenny L.
Jenny L.

"Best list resource we've found"

What do you like best?

Salesgenie is very easy to use and gives you a variety of options to pull your list.

What do you dislike?

The demographic information is not completely accurate. Also, you'll have some leads without addresses, duplicates and ones that are bad leads. However, when compared to other list services, we still feel this is the best resource.

We utilize Salesgenie to target non-customers. We would not be able to get a list otherwise.

Salesgenie review by Alyssa D.
Alyssa D.

"We have been using this since 2011 and love it. "

What do you like best?

I can look up companies by using categories and tag them to call later.

What do you dislike?

I can't see emails in the system without paying extra for them .

We don't have any business problems. It helps our sales team and telemarketers get out and do cold calling.

Salesgenie review by Jeff M.
Jeff M.

"Lots of Information but Not Always Accurate"

What do you like best?

We have used this for many years and it can give you a list of businesses in a specific industry, geographic location and can even provide you with decision makers.

What do you dislike?

The data is often not up to date and thus is difficult to use in marketing campaigns with confidence. Additionally we used to have a subscription a long time ago that had unlimited look ups but they now cap the number of exports from the system making it impossible to use for larger products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a decent tool but is fairly expensive for what you get and the data is not overly reliable.

Finding business information by SIC code in specific geographic locations for our sales teams.

Salesgenie review by Lyndsey B.
Lyndsey B.

"Prompt and Professional"

What do you like best?

Customer services is great. Always quick to respond to any of my questions. The Origination of the software is fantastic. Easy to drill down on hot leads.

What do you dislike?

Online ordering processes wasnt as clear on what is included on signup screen. Otherwise, we have zerp complaints so far

We are working on getting a more accurate list of upcoming restaurants and bars. Our old process would get leads after they have already chosen a point of sale system or already opened.

Salesgenie review by Stuart H.
Stuart H.

"salesgenie review"

What do you like best?

the phone app is very useful especially the "near me" feature

i also like the similar companies feature

What do you dislike?

not always accurate regarding employee count

finding new prospects

Salesgenie review by Administrator in Commercial Real Estate
Administrator in Commercial Real Estate

"Lee & Associates Review of Sales Genie"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in searching and pulling together lists.

What do you dislike?

Inability to swap record credits for email credits and to export emails that we have credits for.

We use our own email program to do our campaigns

We have found that many of the lists we pulled to mail postcards regarding our business have resulted in positive activity for the office.

Salesgenie review by Brennen F.
Brennen F.

"Great tool! Not perfect"

What do you like best?

I like that it quickly provides good leads in very specific categories.

What do you dislike?

Some of the leads are not correct on the employee size. I look for small businesses, and when I show up at the physical address, I find that it's a corporation where the employee count I was given is just the number of employees in the office, versus total employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be prepared that the provided employee count may not be correct.

I'm helping eliminate financial disaster due to unforeseen personal and professional problems.

Salesgenie review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Great customer support"

What do you like best?

Angela H. is a pleasure to work with. She always takes the time to understand and address our needs.

What do you dislike?

Initially, I wasn't a fan of the Salesgenie platform. It wasn't very intuitive and was sluggish at times. They have addressed those issues in the latest update and I am really enjoying the new UI.

Salesgenie has been instrumental is helping us identify high value targets throughout the country.

Salesgenie review by Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting
Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting

"Superior Customer Support !"

What do you like best?

Ann worked with us to understand the product portfolio with patience to ensure we made the best investment for our small business ROI. Great Interactions and performance.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time! Be best to check in six months for an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing at this time

Organizing all of our telemarketing programs and virtual assistant interactions

Salesgenie review by User

"Easy to use, great way to find leads"

What do you like best?

Great way to find hundreds of leads in an area

What do you dislike?

When you uncheck certain people to not include, if you save and come back, it does not save what you unchecked

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth it to find new loads and customers

Getting in more business through Inside Sales

Salesgenie review by Hunter D.
Hunter D.

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

Great Customer Service and dedication! The ease of the product is great!

What do you dislike?

I am not sure that I can say of anything that i dislike.

Marketing

Salesgenie review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Excellent Company!"

What do you like best?

I'm not the most technological savvy person, so I dread doing projects that involve using new programs or websites. Salesgenie has made it extremely simple to build a list for my company and has full LIVE HUMAN SUPPORT IN ENGLISH in case I ever stumble and need assistance

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike

Generating lists for local businesses to call

Salesgenie review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Great Resource"

What do you like best?

A TON of leads. The email addresses are accurate and guaranteed to be live links. There are a ton of options to sort leads.

What do you dislike?

nothing really. Everything is great. This is my 2nd time with a subscription.

I'm finding great leads in the geographical areas that fit my needs.

Salesgenie review by Mia L.
Mia L.

"Great up to date leads and information"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and set up. Easy support as wel

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything so far. Still working with to find out if anything would work better

This is an essential tool for my Business Development Team. Allows us to create new business opportunities

Salesgenie review by Ronald J M.
Ronald J M.

"My experience with Salesgenie InfoGroup"

What do you like best?

ease of use amount of relevant data available low cost

What do you dislike?

integration was not available for my platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find salesgenie to be an excellent data research resource

My need for data research. The benefit is it cuts down on time spent researching targets

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I've been very pleased so far with the user friendliness of the systme

What do you dislike?

It is a little expensive, but I'm a firm believer you get what you pay for.

Sourcing reliable leads

Salesgenie review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"I like sales genie"

What do you like best?

the people who support the product are super helpful and the data is current plus they offer a mobile platform

What do you dislike?

So far, sales genie is good enough that I don't have any dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it

I use it for prospecting

"Ann McKenna Is great"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is but also the amount of info you get with it. Also Ann McKenna is definitely the best sales rep.

What do you dislike?

I didn't really dislike anything, the only thing is sometimes I get logged out but thats all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are great and work very well. I think that the information they provide really helps in the sales process and can be a true difference.

Sales have increased a lot

Salesgenie review by User

"Customer Service is FANTASTIC"

What do you like best?

Being able to contact someone immediately with questions and hearing a smiling voice behind the phone.

What do you dislike?

Wish the email formatting allowed you do more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company providing great information in real time and updating as mistakes are found. Great customer service and helpful smiling voices.

Losing clients does not happen - it is a great bank of information if used correctly.

Salesgenie review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Sales Genie ok but....missing a few"

What do you like best?

The ability to search is pretty good and they do have a good interface

What do you dislike?

they seem to be missing some businesses

Allowed us to get quick profiles of target customers.

Salesgenie review by Ashly N.
Ashly N.

"We use Sales Genie to pull targeted lists of potential consumers in clients' neighborhoods"

What do you like best?

User-friendly, detailed, Account Executive is great with follow up and suggesting better ways to use the system.

What do you dislike?

The "bounce rate" or amount of invalid information or addresses

Reaching our target demographic

Salesgenie review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Intuitve "

What do you like best?

Easy to look pull information.

I like the CRM feature

What do you dislike?

1. I don't like that the to assign leads a list must be saved first.

2. I don't like that the dialer feature requires a direct number vs our main number

Recommendations to others considering the product

comitt to it

Inefficiency - we are able to maximize our field and phone time

Salesgenie review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great product for learning new business leads in my sales territory."

What do you like best?

I love the intel Salesgenie has on new businesses for the zip codes I select.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the mobile interface because when I zoom in I have to do so in a specific area so I don't loose visibility on the top part where the leads are. Zoom in/Zoom out should be a balanced ratio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try!

I am trying to find new businesses that are open in my territory that I can call on for a reputable payroll solution.

Salesgenie review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very good program, has a few bugs"

What do you like best?

Very easy to find the information (SIC codes, etc).

What do you dislike?

A little buggy and needs a little more work to improve efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look around for other programs to see which fits your needs. If you aren't under a time crunch, then this is a good program to use.

Market research and data analysis.

Salesgenie review by Administrator in Mining & Metals
Administrator in Mining & Metals

"Exactly what I was looking for"

What do you like best?

Sales Genie is extremely helpful when it comes to identifying new prospects and gathering data for those prospects.

What do you dislike?

If I had to change one thing it would just be more data. You can never have too much data.

We are saving massive amounts of time while headhunting for new prospects.

Salesgenie review by User in Financial Services

"Wonderful lead flow and relatively accurate data"

What do you like best?

The robust data centers are great and Ann is very accessible and knowledgeable about the product.

What do you dislike?

There can be some latency issues on the Desktop and Mobile version of the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the latency issues with the data.

I use to provide accurate lead flow.

Salesgenie review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Salesgenie is easy to convenient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

My sales reps are able to look for businesses while they are out in the field, plot prospects on their drive route

What do you dislike?

Can't look up new businesses online, want to link my lead statuses from online tool to app

On the go, easy access to businesses while in the field, don't have to look everything up online before leaving the office

Salesgenie review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Ann McKenna has been very helpful and responsive"

What do you like best?

The program does what I need it to, I need to send out direct mail pieces so it works for me

What do you dislike?

I think it works well, there really isn't anything I don't lke about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Direct Mail for real estate clients

Salesgenie review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Salesgenie pros and cons"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and navigate for leads. I am able to create follow up notes and calls.

What do you dislike?

Cannot copy and paste into notes. Cannot change or update contact information.

Consulting for integrated payment options mainly in B2B environment.

Learning about Salesgenie?

* We monitor all Salesgenie reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.