Salesgenie

Ask Salesgenie a Question
Showing 33 Salesgenie reviews
Salesgenie review by <span>Tom B.</span>
Tom B.

"Salesgenie is great for small to medium businesses looking for a sales lead / prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

We use Salesgenie almost every day. Our reps have access to every business in the US with contact details. We also use it to qualify prospects and to send out direct mail. We can build a list and send really high quality postcards to prospects. We've had great response with the direct mail. Postcards are extremely high quality. Heavy, quality card-stock with a smooth coating.

What do you dislike?

For what we use it for, there's not a whole lot that I dislike. We need to search and find leads. It's a good tool for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it and talk to a rep. They've been very helpful getting started. There are a lot of "lead" software tools out there. This is the only one that includes the data which is actually verified by their team. They have 100s of people making calls to update the information, especially on small businesses. Many of the other tools include "crowd sourced" info which has a lot of coverage on the large businesses but terrible on the small companies.

We didn't know too much about what type and size of businesses we were selling to. Salesgenie has a tool, (included in subscription) where you can upload your customers and they'll append and analyze everything from industry to employees, sales volume, etc. Very helpful info. We used that to look for prospect leads that looked like our best customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salesgenie
Salesgenie review by <span>Right T.</span>
Right T.

"Easy-Accurate-Friendly"

What do you like best?

After many years of improvements Salesgenie has become indispensable to the daily operation of our company. The standard and custom flagging system is perfect. The accuracy is the best we have ever found (20+ yrs in business). We really love the filtering and selection system, its just so easy!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike here! The have gotten better and better over the years and are to the point that I cannot imagine what could possibly make it easier or smoother to use. If any one reading this is having doubts then just try them for a trial and you will be hooked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free demo and screw around with the filters and search criteria you will be hooked it is amazingly powerful.

Salesgenie keeps track of ANYTHING that we can think of. It has standard flags and custom flags. It has so many search criteria and filters that can be used and set. Salesgenie has made our last 13 years in business so much easier. We cannot imagine doing business and keeping track of our contacts and leads with out it!

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Salesgenie review by <span>Bill D.</span>
Bill D.

"Great lead generation product. Accurate data, great customer support"

What do you like best?

It's a great product for prospecting or validating business characteristics like size and industry. I've also used it for finding upper management contacts at the company. I pretty easy to search for details on any business I'm looking for, including contacts even on small businesses. You can view as many records as needed, regardless of size or geography. There's no limit. Very reliable as a research tool.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot of functionality, so it took a few times to get used to the software. After running a few search queries it's pretty easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a trial. Sign up for a trial and talk to one of their reps. They do a nice job of getting you started.

We use it for prospecting and researching businesses along with some market research.

Salesgenie review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Total ripoff"

What do you like best?

Sales Genie is a ripoff. They bait you in then stick you to a 12 month contract even if you only need to review their services. When they called me I explained that I was not a large business and I was curious about their product. They said they gave me a trial account. It ended up being a 12 month contract. Once I got the first bill I tried to cancel. To date they will not cancel the or refund my money. Today I asked for a copy of the contract. so I can take it to my attorney and the politicians representing Florida to see if we can stop this company from gouging people.

What do you dislike?

I did not like their customer service. They continue to bill you even after you have expressed no interest in using their product. I called a couple of times trying to get assistance using the product to no avail. Basically its a database of mailing addresses that I could have gotten from the post office for much less money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT USE SALES GENIE!!!!! They will lock you into a contract and not allow you to end it. You can always tell a bad company if they don't allow you to change your billing information online. They force you to speak with a representative who will quote that you are under a contract even if you lose your job or no longer need their services. Use the Post Office or Vista Print they do a better job and cost much less. You are not handcuffed to a company like Sales Genie. Terrible company. STAY AWAY.

I have not been able to solve any problems using Sales Genie. The only benefit is that I learned about this company and I can tell others to stay far away from Sales Genie. I requested a refund and they refused stating that there is a 12 month contract in place. I asked for a copy of the contract and I will be reviewing it with an attorney. There should be an exit clause for the consumers who are not happy with their service.

Salesgenie review by <span>Richard G.</span>
Richard G.

"Horrible company, horrible service"

What do you like best?

The leads APPEAR cheap. But when you are locked into a 12 month contract and can't get out, and they keep billing you even after you tell them to stop then I guess the part I liked best was calling my bank to get them to reverse the charges.

What do you dislike?

They keep billing you after you stop. I swore the sales rep said it was month to month when I signed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

They have a lot of leads and at the beginning of my contract I used some of them. But a lot of them aren't accurate. I haven't gotten any deals from any SalesGenie lead I have ever bought.

Salesgenie review by User in Financial Services

"Good program for contact info but needs to be updated more often."

What do you like best?

I obviously purchased the product so I could get contact info for cold calls - this is what I use it for and this is what I like best.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that about 15% of the information is outdated. I need to constantly double-check things to ensure I am reaching out to the right person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like I said, there's a lot of information needing to be updated. BUT, you'll find that with any program like this as its almost impossible to keep up with Owners and Managers who've left their respective careers.

I am able to do about 100 cold calls a day via SalesGenie. Obviously, reaching out at th right time has benefit our quality of leads.

Learning about Salesgenie?

* We monitor all Salesgenie reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.