Salsa CRM

Salsa CRM

3.9

Salsa CRM is a cloud-based donor management system that provides fundraising, reporting, and management tools. Along with other tools such as database security and email marketing, Salsa CRM aims to help nonprofit organizations attract new donors, expand interaction with existing donors, and retain their constituents.

Work for Salsa CRM?

Learning about Salsa CRM?

Salsa CRM Reviews

Ask Salsa CRM a Question
Showing 75 Salsa CRM reviews
Salsa CRM review by Debra K.
Debra K.

"Great Onboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

We switched from the classic Salsa platform to the new Salsa CRM. The training team was very patient as we proceed at our own pace. All training sessions have been very well organized. The interface of the new Salsa has been very easy to work with so far.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely participate in their training sessions, and watch their training videos

We need a CRM that is intuitive, customizable and easy to use, so that our small staff of volunteers help us manage our donors and supporters.. We also need a system that helps us raise funds. I like that Salsa CRM connects with Salsa Engage where we can create fundraising pages, contact pages, etc that link back to the CRM.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Salsa CRM
Salsa CRM review by Jaq L.
Jaq L.

"Great functionality, Excellent support team!"

What do you like best?

The training and support team are by far the best part. Learning new software can be difficult and Salsa has programs that help you learn everything you need to know and more! They share best practices info and customized solutions for your non profit. They are always willing to help and email support is very fast!

What do you dislike?

The message composers can be cumbersome in some ways. Not totally user friendly but still works well. Some small issues that the developers are working on like alignment of text and images (text wrapping) and social media buttons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good way to consolidate softwares and great software to use if you want help getting familiar with it.

We are consolidating some of our software into Salsa and it's nice to have one place to do it all.

What Donor Management solution do you use?

Salsa CRM review by Benjamin C.
Benjamin C.

"SALSA Combines the Right Ingredients"

What do you like best?

The Salsa Community and Support team are evidence of the adage, "people are the best asset". The platform is intuitive and simple enough to learn and the support crew answer questions promptly and with kindness -no matter how technically illiterate one might be! I think sometimes platforms can be too technical or intimidatingly detailed, but SALSA simplifies code, donor management, email and online fundraising. They have put together the ingredients that I need as a small to mid-size nonprofit.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes get lost trying to change code myself to clean up little details like newsletter structure or donation page columns or text. But the support staff typically resolve these issues quickly. Also, I always have to remind staff to SAVE edits and I think SALSA could implement an auto save feature or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend SALSA particularly to small to mid-size nonprofits looking to manage donor supporters, campaign and email blast, online fundraise and run ticketing. There is great functionality and it fits the energetic grassroots feel.

We are a conservation nonprofit working with local communities to resolve global issues. Wild Forests and Fauna protects and restores globally important forests. We do this by building conservation and entrepreneurial capacity in local partners in order to set up long-term sustainable success. SALSA has helped us to communicate with supporters around the globe, to fundraise online from donors around the globe, to better manage our supporters and donors in a database and to streamline administrative processes to some extent. SALSA is helping us to more effectively and efficiently protect and restore forests.

Salsa CRM review by Laura P.
Laura P.

"Helped get our small NPO to the next level"

What do you like best?

Before we got started with Salsa, our disability rights group had member and donation data in various spreadsheets, free platforms, and our heads. Now, it's all in one place (a major deal), and we can see more clearly how our members interact with us over time. In addition, Salsa staff has always been very responsive and helpful when we need them.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any one in the office who is fluent in html code, and that has been our main stumbling block with Salsa. While most of the functions are fine for us, there have been several occasions where we've been at a loss with getting a page to look or work correctly, and we had to get help from Salsa staff or our contract web developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear idea of the functions you want the CRM to perform beforehand and get training, assistance with set up on those items from the start.

Tracking donations and member actions. Improving our email campaigns. Bringing Salsa tools to the table when doing coalition work.

Salsa CRM review by Debra N.
Debra N.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Salsa CRM is it's easy to use. Our organization was able to save thousands of dollars by switching to Salsa CRM without losing any features we currently had and gaining some we didn't.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint about the software has been the way a good chunk of our old database was converted into Salsa. It left is with some challenges. The other thing I dislike would have to be having to use open office for our documents. It would be nice if Salsa was compatible with Microsoft Office and I'm not crazy about the way we have to do our receipting. We've had to change that process completely which is something I wasn't expecting when we signed up. That's not as much of a dislike as a hiccup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It could save you alot of money potentially. Make sure you ask all the right questions in order to make sure you get everything you need.

By switching to Salsa CRM, we've been able to fully integrate our P2P Fundraising and our online fundraising with our database. With a staff of 3, this is a huge time saver. We've also been able to take advantage of features like honour/memorial giving and event management that we were unable to do before because of the added cost.

Salsa CRM review by User

"Executive Director of arts organization"

What do you like best?

We were using spreadsheets and Salsa put all of our donors into one place and allowed us to easily communicate with them through Engage. We now have history on our donors and can easily track their participation with our organization. The best part was online event management, it freed up staff from taking reservations and answering questions. The process is all online and easy for our guests to utilize.

What do you dislike?

The word processor took some getting used to, but once we learned how to it worked fine. Individual letter editing saved lots of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ongoing support is excellent. Any question or issues that I had were handled efficiently; the over the phone support is invaluable.

Improved donor management, event management and e-mail messaging that is all tracked together.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Awesome system but hope your really tech savey if you're going to try to use it"

What do you like best?

I love all the features and capabilities of Salsa

What do you dislike?

The tech support is really lacking. It takes a LONG time to get an response and the fact that you have to go back and forth over email 1 question at a time means a simple questions or issue can take DAYS to resolve. The system is really complicated and even though they do have some videos to get you started the quality is not great and they barely scratch the surface on how to best use all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest watching some of the tutorial video first so you can see if the system makes sense to you and have a better idea of the questions you will need to ask your sales rep.

Member management, we are replacing an antiquated not user friendly system with a much more user friendly and flexible system. We non longer need to have our IT team pull member information for us our team can pull up the information they need quickly and easily.

Salsa CRM review by Erika N.
Erika N.

"Great platform for Non-profit businesses"

What do you like best?

The email and form platforms available in Salsa Engage. The Salsa Engage training was great and very helpful!

What do you dislike?

That Salsa CRM doesn't 'talk' with Salsa Engage, and there wasn't the same level of training available with the CRM platform as their was with Engage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great database for managing constituents, however, because it doesn't talk back to Engage you have to make sure if you adjust a donation, you do it in both platforms.

Keeping track of constituents, their donations and contact information. We have a much more organized organization than prior to using the Salsa Platform.

Salsa CRM review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Good experience so far!"

What do you like best?

I love the new platform. We previously had Salsa classic and it was great, but this is much more user-friendly. I also love that it's integrated into the fundraising software. The cost savings is going to be great and it's a better product.

What do you dislike?

There are some features it doesn't yet have on the fundraising side. We can't get an email notification whenever someone donates like we could with Network for Good. I've also noticed some features from Salsa classic aren't quite up and running, but I'm confident these will be fixed in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love this and think it will make your life easier. Be patient during implementation (it takes a while).

Our data entry on the fundraising side is going to be a lot less time consuming, freeing up our fundraising coordinator to do more fundraising.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Political Organization
Administrator in Political Organization

"great customer service!"

What do you like best?

The diverse features available and they are always updating to stay current with trends! I am grateful for the constant updates and the variety of options available.

What do you dislike?

The implementation was a bit rocky but customer service worked with us a lot and we got through it! We were moving from google drive and several other platforms for ticket sales, emails, etc. so we didn't have any experience with this. It eventually all worked out and the Salsa team really stepped up to accommodate our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our experience with salsa has been great overall! The biggest challenge was the transition process. We were moving from google drive and several other platforms for ticket sales, emails, etc. so we didn't have any experience with this. It eventually all worked out and the Salsa team really stepped up to accommodate our needs.

We are managing our database and fundraising. It has been amazing to streamline the two! We used to use several platforms for all of our needs and we found that it was nearly impossible to maintain accurate records that way, the inconsistency was inevitable. Salsa has really helped us solve that issue by creating a system (with a reasonable price tag) that talks to one another. For example, a ticket sale online will go directly into a record!

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Performing Arts
Administrator in Performing Arts

"A necessary organizational and development tool"

What do you like best?

Salsa CRM is straightforward and easy to use and how it can be used only grows as my understanding of the system grows. I like the ability to easily tie in fundraising abilities, donor management, and reports. Using one app for all of our needs as a non-profit saves me a lot of time and stress.

What do you dislike?

At no fault of the system it can take some time to learn how to best utilize Salsa CRM for our needs. I've also had some issues using the documents portion of the site. It feels a little clunky sometimes uploading and saving and linking documents to send letters to constituents. Especially needing to use OpenOffice specifically instead of some built in templates.

We are able to keep track of our donors and run reports on our donors easily. As a growing non-profit it has been essential to start from the ground up with software that can help keep information about our organization clear and organized.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great CRM!"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of aspects of Salsa CRM that I enjoy. It is easy to use, and the reporting is very robust. The custom fields are great and plug into letters where they are supposed to. I also like the membership which does a good job of helping us keep track of our memberships.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of small items, but nothing too big. In a past CRM (which for the most part was NOT good), we had the capability to create a query/report and then schedule it update and email out to different people on a regular basis. Salsa doesn't allow you to do that, so reports I run weekly I have to be run manually. Not a huge deal though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trial.

Being able to keep track of our donors and have detailed information about them.

Salsa CRM review by Jesse K.
Jesse K.

"Successful outreach and advocacy promotion"

What do you like best?

Salsa has an easy to use template system for drafting email blasts. Uploading a specific template I can use again and again allow me to focus on the content of my message rather than the coding for the appearance of the email. This function allows me to waste no time in alerting followers of important developments in my area of work.

What do you dislike?

Advocacy pages become active immediately - namely before I issue my call to action email. An option for simultaneous posting would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salsa is an easy to use, effective method to community with groups quickly and to promote advocacy of your organizations issues!

Using Salsa to create email blasts and promulgate action letters has been very effective during the legislative session. The ability to send an email instructing an individual to reach out to their representative then have a call to action button imbedded in the email has lead to massive responses in support and in opposition to legislative bills.

Salsa CRM review by Lynn S.
Lynn S.

"User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive which makes navigating easier. Most questions can be answered by using the online help, but if a phone call is necessary the staff is very accommodating.

What do you dislike?

The overall type is very small. This might be something I'm doing or not doing but I often get different donation amounts depending on how I pull the data, I would like to be able to add fields to a set query. There may be a way and I just don't know about it.

Ease of gathering data and reporting.

Salsa CRM review by Dave T.
Dave T.

"Fun product"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the product and the friendliness of the staff the best. We've used the software for many years and continue to be satisfied with it.

What do you dislike?

Wish it would interface with mip. Not really a big dislike but something that would shorten the processes we have internally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Demo the software and find other nonprofits who are using it and ask them lots of questions.

Don't just consider your immediate needs but consider what your CRM needs will be in 5-10 years from now. Make sure your CRM can grow with you.

We are better able to run queries and reports to get the desired results instead of fighting with the CRM's reporting mechanism like we had to do before we used Salsa CRM.

Salsa CRM review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great CRM!"

What do you like best?

Salsa CRM has been outstanding. We feel it is easy to use and has so many features for managing constituents. The dashboards are easily customized, and the platform itself is intuitive. The training that was provided was and continues to be essential for success.

What do you dislike?

The platform is very robust and could be confusing for some people. However, I think that the training that is provided addresses this. Like new platform there is a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love using Salsa CRM. We use it combined with Salsa Engage but as a stand alone it is a great platform for constituent management.

The reporting and dashboards are a dream come true. As an executive director I like having the stats and reports at my fingertips.

Salsa CRM review by Shannon D.
Shannon D.

"Salsa has a great team to help with our needs"

What do you like best?

Salsa has a great support staff to help pull some of the complicated reports regarding donations and our supporters. Their email and event abilities help manage our outreach effectively. Its display is colorful and more easily absorbed when trying to get acquainted with the software.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information gets cluttered, especially when trying to group individuals. Lots of steps involved in sending an email out to a specific group. Also easily cleaning up errors in individual supporters profiles are time consuming and tedious.

Some benefits of using Salsa is that it has helped organize our data and eliminated outdated excel worksheets for our data. And we are able to engage more often and more effectively with our supporters.

Salsa CRM review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Eh"

What do you like best?

I like that there are a ton of categories in one person so you can get a really thorough picture of one of your constituents. Once you get a hang of it, it can be relatively easy to keep everything together. I like that it keeps emails, actions, events, donations, and more all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, a lot. I don't love that you can't categorize events, that you can't search for people or events without being EXACT in your words, or that the front end sometimes looks unprofessional to someone visiting a site. There are also just a lot of bugs - maybe that's every CRM, but it's really frustrating. I don't like that editing emails can be REALLY time consuming, and often the finished product looks really ugly. you also need to learn coding to send emails, which you shouldn't have to do, but editing emails without coding is hard. It would also be great if it connected to Facebook events.

We are a nonprofit trying to keep track of our constituents and also take action by organizing people to reach out to legislative officials, and we can do those things with Salsa.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Very user friendly once you get used to it"

What do you like best?

Salsa Engage is an easy-to-use platform for our event registrations, petitions, email blasts, etc. With very little training my coworkers and I are able to set up and send emails and I set up my first petition the other day - it was very easy and has gotten a lot of activity!

What do you dislike?

We had very little training and since this is a new product, we have found a lot of glitches that we have had to work around until they are fixed. It has been frustrating, but their support is getting quicker at responding to our requests. This is a new product, so the support people I speak to don't have much experience with it, so there is very little that they can fix right away. I am hopeful that this will get better, and the bugs will be worked out, as the product becomes more developed.

We have been able to see a lot of great stats about our supporters. We also have cleaner looking emails and forms, and that is helping our members and supporters more easily take action and make donations.

Salsa CRM review by Vivian M.
Vivian M.

"Useful for a large office"

What do you like best?

Because our office was spread across our state, I really liked how helpful this was in connecting all of our employees in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more affordable. It was too expensive for our budget. I also wish the representatives were more responsive. It took us at least one day to hear back when the system was acting glitchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is for established nonprofits. Especially with the pricing, I would only recommend this for a large organization.

We ended up not using Salsa CRM as our go-to program because of the price. We were looking for an affordable, management website.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great support staff and cool features"

What do you like best?

Our small non-profit has made the leap from a more old-fashioned donor management system to Salsa's much more advanced CRM. I like how responsive Salsa has been in teaching us what we need to know, and how quick they are with suggestions and feedback.

What do you dislike?

Because this software is totally new to our team, there has been a steep learning curve. It has taken us a while to learn the system, but that seems to be based more on our own time restraints in not being able to fully use Salsa to its utmost capabilities.

Salsa has helped us get up to speed technology-wise and made our team more efficient.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator

"This software never worked as advertised for our nonprofit"

What do you like best?

We had a horrible experience with this software. I can't say anything positive about this software.

What do you dislike?

The initial conversion process took far longer than they had advertised, over 6 months. After the install we spent countless hours on the phone with their customer support. After two years of suffering we switched to a new software. We had to use workarounds every time just to simply print out acknowledgment letters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product did not work for our organization.

We used it as our donor management software.

Salsa CRM review by Julia M.
Julia M.

"Fabulous Help Desk!"

What do you like best?

I really like how DonorPro makes querying very easy and if you are ever in need of assistance or run into problems with anything the help desk is just one phone call away. I consider myself to be a pretty advanced user and I still run into problems that they are able to help me with right away, with almost no waiting period!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel as though you have to hit numerous save buttons on the different nodes to really save a record and that can feel a little bit tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might seem too advanced or complicated to use at first but once you take advantage of the training provided and really start using it you will come to love it and not have any problems.

We can now better segment out lists and group different donors more accurately. Also, our web giving has improved as a result of our online donation form.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator

"Not a good choice for a very small non-profit"

What do you like best?

Reasonably priced when compared with the competition.

What do you dislike?

Locked in to a 3 year contract, which was signed by someone who left our organization before we were up and running on Salsa CRM/Engage. We are a small nonprofit with part time all-volunteer staff. Salsa offers very little in the way of on-boarding support other than uploading data. From there, you teach yourself using online tutorials. We never got it to work, and Salsa is strong-arming us to pay thousands of dollars to get out of the contract.

It might be great for donor management, CRM, and fundraising for an organization with the time and manpower to teach themselves to use the product. Unfortunately, that does not describe our organization.

Salsa CRM review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Salsa Newbie"

What do you like best?

I'm still learning but looking forward to having more intuitive information about our constituents available. Need tools to move donors up the chain for larger gifts. Hoping we can track both incoming and outgoing grants as well.

What do you dislike?

Can back click!!

The training is a pain - having to watch all those videos, esp if the content isn't applicable.

Trying to become more efficient and effective. We have a tiny staff and need to maximize outreach to the best donors, not just everyone.

Salsa CRM review by Jodie T.
Jodie T.

"Donor Pro New User"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of entering donor data and donations. The format is simple in design yet advanced for more diverse applications.

What do you dislike?

I have had some challenges building queries. Even when using templates and tutorials I have had challenges. We are very fortunate to have a staff member who understands everything about queries and we have been working on creating a variety of saved queries that should meet our need moving forward.

We have a more robust database thanks to Donor Pro. Our challenge will be to train others to use the system and access the data on their own. Also, the need to acquire new data from all stakeholders throughout the Agency will be a work in progress.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"I found DonoPro to be much more manageable than previous databases our company has acquired"

What do you like best?

I particularly liked the Advanced Query Wizard. I use it a lot. It's design makes it simple to create queries in three comprehensible steps. Your available fields, output fields, and filter selections are all on the same screen minimizing the act of going in and out of screens to get your results.

What do you dislike?

There is not a whole lot of things i dislike about DonorPro CRM. There are times that it runs slowly. It meets my needs and has been a viable tool in my day to day.activities.

There is a lot of reporting in the world of Public Transportation. DonorPro allows us to manage the client data demographics for reporting. These demographics allow us to determine the areas of need for services.

Salsa CRM review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"Robust email marketing platform with bonus useful functions"

What do you like best?

The ways both deep and wide to understand and segment our audience

What do you dislike?

Would like more back-end flexibility for web pages

We used to use Constant Contact and iContact, and those didn't offer much more than "create a list, send it, and see aggregate information on results." Now we are able to target and, importantly, create a picture of our donors and subscribers to better connect with them.

Salsa CRM review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Just the beginning!"

What do you like best?

I'm still learning about all the tools available through Salsa CRM. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what this CRM can do! In addition to the capabilities, they have great people who are quick to respond to any questions and I love that they are building a community among users. So far this is my favorite CRM that I have worked with!

What do you dislike?

I feel that a lot of the training and online help articles are very basic. I'd like to learn more about how to better utilize the tools within Salsa CRM to segment and better understand our constituents.

Maintaining accurate records. The reports within Salsa CRM are very helpful when it comes to reconciling our monthly donations with our Finance department.

Salsa CRM review by Kaitlyn R.
Kaitlyn R.

"Less than ideal"

What do you like best?

The interface is fairly user-friendly and everything is pretty easy to find.

What do you dislike?

So much. There are a lot of quirks that make working in Salsa incredibly difficult, especially when you first start out. Not to mention that the support email is incredibly unhelpful.

We are a medium sized non profit that was looking for an easy to use platform.

Salsa CRM review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and intuitive functionality are very helpful for someone who is a novice to CRM software.

What do you dislike?

The internal word processor needs improvement. Has problems with formatting and is not very useful when editing or creating new documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommend this product! Great, affordable solution for non-profits and community organizations!

Donor and Constituent Management and Outreach.

This is a great software to cultivate new relationships and connect with existing ones.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Salsa is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Salsa was to learn to use. For both a seasoned techie or someone afraid of tech it is easy to understand and use quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it does not directly integrate with my fund accounting software. This has to do with our fund accounting software company's unwillinginess to offer an open API and their insistence on charging a large fee to others to use their API. Not Salsa's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask other users of the product to discuss their experience with implementing it.

When we moved to DonorPro, now SalsaCRM, we saved time and money. It is easier to segment files and enter moves management information than with our previous CRM tool.

Salsa CRM review by Jasmine B.
Jasmine B.

"Long time user, long time lover"

What do you like best?

The Advanced Query function is easy to use. The help desk is amazing. They really work to make this the best product they can.

What do you dislike?

Limitations in donation search and the amount of information that we can add to donations. The limitations on the global update feature- what it does is amazing, but there are so many other things I wish it could do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price point, it's one of the most intuitive programs out there, the community around it is vibrant, and the support system is superb.

Donor and Prospect research is the biggest one.

Salsa CRM review by Robert Warren H.
Robert Warren H.

"Best customer support"

What do you like best?

I'm not particularly a 'technie,' so software is a challenge for me. What makes Salsa stand out is their great customer support. I would like to give a particular shout out to Llona Globa .

What do you dislike?

It's a bit annoying that the creator of this survey wants to force me to enter a negative comment.

Managing our relationship with our non-profit donors and supporters.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Public Policy
Administrator in Public Policy

"Occasionally frustrating, but powerful"

What do you like best?

I like that Salsa covers -- reasonably well -- features that we would otherwise have to use several un-integrated products for -- email blasts, donation portal, write-your-legislators, event registration and management, etc.

What do you dislike?

At times, Salsa underperforms various module competitors -- it's not as user-friendly, for example, or as pretty as MailChimp for email blasts. It's not as powerful as Salsaforce for donation management. And so on.

Having an all-in-one tool outweighs the annoyances of Salsa sometimes not being as user-friendly as we'd like.

Salsa CRM review by Warren R.
Warren R.

"The Flow"

What do you like best?

The screen to screen flow is very user friendly. I enjoy the features that are available.

What do you dislike?

There are always features that you wish you had, but let’s be honest. It gives me what I need to maintain my client database.

Managing my day to day activites and reaching my clients while minimizing those who would normally “slip through the cracks”.

Salsa CRM review by jerry c.
jerry c.

"UNVARNISHED ENDORSEMENT OF SALSA LABS AND DONOR PRO CRM"

What do you like best?

The service after teh sale is off the charts. The system is powerful and as your team advances in usage they are there with webinars AND reliable and very patient, help desk support.

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike excpet they do not clean windows!

Recommendations to others considering the product

unequivocally

relationship managment pivots off the data base and the functionality to store remind and retrieve

Salsa CRM review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"DonorPro Experience"

What do you like best?

I felt that the software was one of the more user-friendly and intuitive donor management softwares I have encountered. Although most donor management software requires training to fully understand and know how to use all of the software's features, I felt that I was able to grasp basic and more advanced actions when using DonorPro to easily record constituent data and giving behaviors, as well as to input and pull gift batches for my organization's records. I particularly liked how relationships can be managed and linked - the current CRM that I'm using does not easily allow/display these relationships, so that it is much harder to discern when constituents have a relationship and can cause issues when trying to solicit donors or process their gifts.

What do you dislike?

I felt that the interface was outdated and that it could be updated to not only be more visually pleasing, but to also provide more shortcuts and intuitive icons so that actions were easier to complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked with one or two other similar database softwares and would have to say that this ranks as the most user friendly I have encountered. I cannot attest to it on a very in-depth level of use of all its features, but for my more basic needs of creating and managing donor and gift information, I have been satisfied.

We are constantly looking for new ways to solicit donors and to make it as easy as possible for our staff to have donor information on hand in doing so. We are also constantly striving to make sure all of our constituents' information that we capture is correct and kept as up to date as possible, reducing our own internal margin of error and keeping any errors involving our solicitations to a minimum. We have realized that accurately captured information and constant upkeep of our database is one of the biggest ways to be as successful as possible in fostering and furthering our relationships with our donors.

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

The customer service has been amazing, far exceeding my expectations. When I have a question or problem, their help desk has been quick the respond with thorough answers--often including screencast video and helpful links.

What do you dislike?

I understand that Salsa CRM is still in transition from Donor Pro, so there have been some hiccups along the way. The inability to create call scripts directly in the program have been a drawback, but the other issues I expect to resolve themselves over time.

Salsa CRM has enabled us to build better queries, automate our donor receipts/communication, and track more of our contacts over time.

"Good Fundraising Tool"

What do you like best?

Variety of info can be stored and retrieved, powerful reporting features, technical support is the best in the business

What do you dislike?

Online donations cumbersome to locate, volunteer module is very weak and needs vast improvement

Recommendations to others considering the product

Smart choice but consider the growing pains as they complete the merger with DonorPro and are still implementing many new things.

We now get much more comprehensive information via reports and groupings and can also accept online donations without going through PayPal.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

""Bare Bones" but economical and reliable"

What do you like best?

It fit our budget and does what we need it to do. We can consolidate services (database, CRM, email, donations, etc.) and that was helpful. Uses Paypal, too!

What do you dislike?

Limited customization, not really great for surveys, you need to be pretty web savvy to change anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very bare bones, but it is an economical choice.

Accessing our data, having a user-friendly interface, allowing multiple users to be on at the same time accessing info and running reports.

Salsa CRM review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"Salsa Review"

What do you like best?

That we have all our information in one place

What do you dislike?

would like to see more training and best practice type of webinars that include how information translates between Engage and CRM

Recommendations to others considering the product

thorough understanding of integration

Finally everything in one place. No more excel spreadsheets! Reporting and analysis of donor engagement much easier to access and analyze

Salsa CRM review by User

"Solid donor CRM system"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, a tech newbie could easily navigate the system. Wonderful customer service, helped us learn how to build out the system exactly how we needed it - could add our own information and get it done efficiently!

What do you dislike?

Better mobile platform. It's functional now, but I hope for something more robust in the future.

Better donor tracking, more efficient build out of fields that we need, ease of creating and pulling reports and IDing trends.

Salsa CRM review by Consultant in Fund-Raising
Consultant in Fund-Raising

"A full-service CRM worth considering"

What do you like best?

Salsa is a full-service CRM that allows organizations to manage advocacy, fundraising, and marketing all in one place.

What do you dislike?

While the service is pretty straightforward their reporting is a little frustrating. It would be best to work with someone very experienced with Salsa to get those initial reports built.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deduping of constituent records and not creating new ones. Improvements in email benchmarks.

Salsa CRM review by David P.
David P.

"So far, so good. Our first month with DonorPro"

What do you like best?

The staff and support at DonorPro are top notch. Our implementation specialist, Gina was really a dream to deal with. We've had to call a lot as we get comfortable with DonorPro and have not had a bad experience yet.

The application is pretty straightforward to use. It is very different then out old one so we're working through that but I don't think it's that hard to learn given all the features it has.

What do you dislike?

The application itself can be a little slow to respond at times. Nothing earth shattering but it can take 3-5.

You must have a reliable internet connection. There is no offline mode.

We're sending out letters, making online donations better and using donor pro to help us with events. We are also working with volunteer management. Pretty exciting stuff we had a harder time with before.

Salsa CRM review by Administrator

"Easy to use, great customer support"

What do you like best?

The product provides lots of customization ability, great client support, integration with donor communications/social media, and public policy advocacy, in an easy-to-use, affordable platform.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really don't like, but they are a newer software company so they are still adding lots of features you would expect, or they are in the pipeline.

We just started using a few months ago. It solved our problem of integrating donor data with communications and accepting online gifts that automatically go into our database..

Salsa CRM review by Doris P.
Doris P.

"Nonprofit Development Director recently purchasing CMR Software "

What do you like best?

The intuitiveness of the product. This product is being used among many different generations.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see additional webinars hosted.

Building our donor database.,

Salsa CRM review by Benjamin M B.
Benjamin M B.

"great fundraising platform"

What do you like best?

Easy campaign and grassroots fundraising page creation, easy tracking of progress, super easy promotion capabilites

What do you dislike?

I wish my team didnt have to recreate their pages every year

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a well priced product for the fundraising opportunities and ease of use.

we've raised almost $175,000 over 4 years with only a team of about 25

Salsa CRM review by Bonnie W.
Bonnie W.

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

DonorPro always has the customer in mind. They ask for user feedback, have donor pro user sessions and are very open to suggestions on how to make the product better. We have seen features that we have suggested and ask for implemented within the next release. Customer service is very quick to respond and is always very personal. We like that the program is very customizable.

What do you dislike?

The way the database is set up makes it hard for us to record split gifts.

We send missionaries to the field and manage all of their donations and donors. We need a system to keep track of constituents and their donations and send receipts.

"Intuitive and Extensive"

What do you like best?

It has so SO many features and options. Even with all these features, it has been incredibly easy to find the different aspects I have needed to use.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit plain looking. I know you can chance the colors of the screen and everything, but it still looks very utilitarian.

We have never tracked our donors before so it is solving that MAJOR problem. We will now be able to connect with our donors again and again in an easy way!

Learn more about Salsa CRM

Salsa CRM Videos

Learning about Salsa CRM?

* We monitor all Salsa CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.