(466 reviews)

Samanage is an IT and Employee Service Management solution that helps you redefine employee service experiences in seamless, smart, and meaningful ways.

Work for Samanage?

Learning about Samanage?

Samanage Reviews

Ask Samanage a Question
Showing 467 Samanage reviews
Samanage review by Eric C.
Eric C.

"Great tool with friendly support"

What do you like best?

Samanage is easy to implement, is fast and has a nice, clean UI. We mainly use it for incident management but are also starting to use it for change management, risk management, compliance and inventory. Users are able to easily submit tickets. Help desk agents are able to efficiently resolve incidents. The service catalog feature is nice. It ensures that the user submits required (and structured) details, and the help desk team can see pre-defined steps for resolution. When issues are resolved we have the option of creating a documented solution. Overall this is a nice system that was quickly adopted by every department in the company.

What do you dislike?

Have been patiently waiting for a few features that would really make our day to day run smoother. None of these are deal-breakers. Just a wish list we compiled over time but have not been added:

- Browser-type notifications (vs 1,000 email notifications per day)

- The ability to @mention someone in a ticket

- Users often have trouble including screen shots or attachments when submitting tickets. More often than we'd like, we (the IT support staff) have to reply back to the user and tell them their attachment or screen shot did not come through.

- Built-in reporting could use some work.

- When viewing an incident and you want to assign it to yourself, you have to leave the page, go back to the list of incidents, find that same incident and assign it to yourself (or someone else) from here. It would be faster/easier/more intuitive if you could just do this while reading the incident. That's usually when you decide who should handle it.

- When you resolve a ticket and enter a resolution, the info you entered is hidden. You have to change the status of the ticket back to 'open' to read what the previous agent wrote.

- Sometimes users get ticket-happy and open support tickets for everything. So the help desk responds back and offers to help but now all of a sudden that user is too busy. So the ticket sits open and the agent has to keep manually following up. Would be nice if we could assign a timer to a ticket. If xx days go by while waiting on a response from the user, send an automated reminder email. If xx more days go by, send a second reminder. And after xx more days, auto-close the ticket. (Something along those lines)

Samanage recently (Nov 2018) received some nice Series D funding, so I think we can expect some ramping up of features and improvements. Again, nothing listed here is a deal-breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the evaluation, and dedicate time to get it up and running. This is a complex and powerful app but easy to set up.

We mainly use Samanage for internal help-desk ticketing / incident management. A company our size (about 100 employees and 3 IT staff) needed a way to get a handle on support requests. We evaluated some other products but decided on Samanage because of its easy of use and functionality. Since implementing Samanage, our support team is a lot more efficient when it comes to tackling help-desk tickets, which means issues get resolved quicker and that means less down-time and lost productivity. We have also recently started using Samanage for Change Management and Risk Management.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Samanage
Samanage review by Thomas O.
Thomas O.

"Great feature set, the best support, all for a very low cost. "

What do you like best?

Their support is the best. The tool has a ton of ability and is far less expensive than their competitors. Unless you have ServiceNow money, this is the way to go for sure.

What do you dislike?

I would like the service catalog to be improved, as well as an additional category level for tickets. (A, SA, SSA, currently only 2 levels A, SA). Also the ability to add and remove licenses from agent seats on demand via the control panel. My only other one is spitting tickets between, Issue, and requests via a ticket type. With the exception of the Service Catalog, the rest are small things that I am confident they will address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great features, the best support, and great price. Nothing near this price range comes even close.

We use this tool for everything including and not limited to: Service Desk (Helpdesk), Financial, Internal customer support, external customer support etc. With their aligned focus on automation, we'll be able to save hundreds of man-hours a week with automated tasks and software deployments.

What Service Desk solution do you use?

Samanage review by Amanda M. K.
Amanda M. K.

"Fantastic Support with quick resolution"

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to get to my success agent fairly easily, and that he was super knowledgeable and patient, even though I had a hard time explaining what I needed. Not only that, but the 2 questions that I've been mulling over for the past month (intermittently) were answered in 17 minutes. Britt made it super simple!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the interaction was so quick, the only thing i missed was some of the articles mentioned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind: I'm only a Tech I and I'm able to run this system. If you are looking for a project that can be easily managed and have a major impact without needing too much supervision, this is a great one to get on. Honestly, the build out is super easy, the support and education is unparalleled, and the community of other users is super welcoming and easy to talk to.

We're moving away from Sharepoint 2010 and forms with Macros in them. Samanage is a great solution for document support on the forms that need to be submitted to the support departments we have anyway. Instead of downloading the form, attaching it to an email or another ticket, and hoping that the form is filled out correctly, we can just have the form in samanage and have the required fields marked so nothing goes amiss.

Samanage review by Stefanie M.
Stefanie M.

"A Solid Solution for Serving your Organization"

What do you like best?

We love the flexibility to customize as well as the responsive service and constant improvements. The support team is extremely responsive to our needs. The array of services provided is excellent and ever growing.

What do you dislike?

There are still a couple of tweaks that our org could benefit from specifically, but no true dislikes. The only real "issue" we have had is when a problem is escalated to the engineers it seems to lack follow up. This has only happened twice in the three years we have had Samanage. The first time, the problem was eventually resolved. Currently we are working with them to resolve another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely fully explore how you can leverage the product and familiarize yourself with the service catalog item workflows before you start building out your solution. Also get advance buy-in from other departments in your org to see how you can make this the solution for everyone and not just IT

We have been able to build out cohesive workflows that solve a multitude of problems, implement solid change management, get a handle on our tech inventory as well as many other items. We are constantly finding new ways to leverage Samanage to further our service level.

Samanage review by Jarett R.
Jarett R.

"Samanage Review"

What do you like best?

Organization of tasks, users, and assets. I use this on a daily basis and keeping track of assets is much easier (although an improved physical location attribute could be more specific, or help in shipping somehow). The service desk aspect helps me keep my tasks in order and moving forward; and being able to reference particular issues or users with specific issues is quite convenient.

What do you dislike?

Samanage load times can be inconveniently slow sometimes, maneuvering through windows, menus, and screens can be quite inconvenient. I would like to be provided more information on what else I can accomplish with this program, but it's hard due to the fact I still have not overturned every stone here. There is a lot of information that could be organized and provided to make customer solutions better. Occasionally the service desk does drop the ball and miss emails, which severely affects our relationship and ability to accomplish tasks with end--users. This issue is major, and although not common, needs to be addressed when/if it occurs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, it's worth it for our size company

Provisioning equipment, identifying equipment, assisting users, and repairing issues. Being able to organize and stack this much information in one solution is quite powerful in my opinion.

Samanage review by Arthur T.
Arthur T.

"Nice Product for the Price"

What do you like best?

One of the key features of Samanage is the mobile app. In the past our techs had problems getting notifications of work orders assigned to them while off-site or in a different building (using our old system Track-It!). They love the new features of the mobile app and that it notifies you on the phone. We like the web interface for accessing the site. Our previous product was client-based. One of the other features is that Samanage is fully ITIL compliant which gives us greater flexibility than just Help Desk. I like the integration with other services such as Slack, and OneLogin. They have quite a collection. Another feature is the ability to assign tickets to a group/team, which we were unable to do previously.

What do you dislike?

I would still like to be able to have my techs show up as not available when they are on vacation, so that we don't assign tickets to them that won't be addressed until they come back.

Sometimes the Samanage support is a little slow to respond.

Better communication with our techs. Allows different departments to leverage the tools Samanage has to offer

Samanage review by Liz K.
Liz K.

"Samanage - Easy and Effective "

What do you like best?

Our Help Desk moved from a product Service Desk to Samanage. Coming from an outdated software and moving over to Samanage was absolutely beautiful. Samanage simplified custom made dashes, reports, an easy click of re-assignment, notes, and CC'ing people on tickets. Our Help Desk now solely uses Samanage to contact users - whereas before when we were on our old product people PREFERRED using email (hahaha).

I assign/re-assign tickets as part of my role - and Samanage makes it ridiculously easy for me.

In short, I love Samanage. It's made my job a whole lot easier and more effective.

What do you dislike?

I also do reporting for our manager level staff for the entire IT department, and they also make it easy for me. Reporting is still lacking in Samanage - but I'm able to get around it with a little creativity. It's limited to only the template dashes that they have/preset filters.

I work in Help Desk - we support all internal employees and contractors. Samanage makes it ridiculously easy for me to keep tickets up to date, and easy for the user to do as well.

Samanage review by Matt T.
Matt T.

"Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

The Service Desk Incidents, Changes and Problems module and assist greatly in our Day to Day Operations and Support

The interface is very intuitive

The Service Catalogs help create a in depth workflow and the concurrent access assists in the timely resolution of multi-departmental tasks

What do you dislike?

Feature requests require the community to vote up before attention is brought to it, rather than a customer submitted request directly. The flip side is new featureless are constantly being released and the platform is always improving

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth taking a look at over other products we've demo'd. Other solutions appear to require much more overhead for implementation and may not have all the same features

The Changes Module has greatly improved our Change Management Process

The Incidents module and Service Catalog has allowed us to extend our use beyond just out IT department but into various other department for us

With the Incidents, Changes and Problems associations we have been able to identify trending and resolve root cause items much more promptly

Samanage review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Samanage is a phenomenal tool for IT Asset Management"

What do you like best?

The client to install on our machines was small, it gathers a ton of information, and it presents it all in a very neat package that you can search. I also love being able to add custom fields to each computer/user so that we can add all of our important information.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more automated ways to gather information about switches and routers on our network. I also wish that there was an easier way to gather info about printers. It finds printers, but it doesn't present them in a very coherent package so we had to add all of our printers manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a great asset management or inventory tool for your IT resources, this is an incredible product. I'm not sure about the help desk side of it because we haven't used that part of it.

IT asset management, inventory management, budgeting. We found out pretty quickly that we would be able to use this budgeting by adding all of our PO's for our purchases.

Samanage review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Initially an inventory and tracking solution that has become our helpdesk portal"

What do you like best?

We are able to document critical information about all of our hosts which aids in troubleshooting and inventory tracking.

What do you dislike?

Updating the agents needs to be done via group policy or manual

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test your possible solutions' support service, see which attends to you best.

We initially were using Samange solely for hardware and software inventory, this aided in troubleshooting as well as maintaining up-to-date details on all of our endpoints. We also manually inventories any devices that we couldn't install the agent on. Most recently, we implemented their Service Desk fully allowing our employees to submit trouble tickets to our IT team. This had made a major improvement in incident tracking, logging and resolution. The employee base has seen this as a major positive. Samange's support is very good, you can get a person in an on-line chat quickly and easily and resolutions to any issues can be worked through in a proper time frame.

Samanage review by Andy K.
Andy K.

"Top notch support, nice user interface"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very professional, fits with any organization, and is extremely easy to navigate. My customers often compliment me on how "nice of a Help Desk homepage we have". The administration interface is highly customizable and the built-in help features do a good job of getting your new Help Desk upand running quickly. Samanage's support is also great, they have several options to help their customers get setup and even after the intial setup they are responsive. I also love the Jive updates I get from them informing me of upcoming changes and new features.

What do you dislike?

Though I did just say the built-in help features are great to get you going, some of them do require some massaging and trial and error to get just right. That being said, isn't that what a lot of IT work is though, trial and error to get it right? So this "dislike" is more me being lazy I guess. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to their support and sales when they engage you, they truely want your business and want to make their product work for your organization (large or small). They have product offerings that will help your support staff be more productive even if you're a one-man operation.

easily accessible Help Desk to submite requests for help and the Solutions feature has been a great place to populate self help solutions reducing the number of duplicate requests or recurring requests by almost 25% in the 9 months we've been using Samanage

Samanage review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Our field staff emails there issues and the site generates a ticket"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the most part the samanage online based program works well. Our field staff emails there issues and the site generates a ticket for us to keep track of and review. Current downfalls sometime we get emails that do not create tickets for a longer period of time then we would like. Also the subcategories you can't sort by alphabet.

It allows my team to keep track of all the task and we realized just how busy or slow we are from pulling the reports it has available

Samanage review by Samuel J.
Samuel J.

"Easy Change Management"

What do you like best?

For my change management needs, Samanage has been very easy and lightweight to use while still maintaining detailed audit history for SOX / Audit compliance. The forms are simple and easy to create within the application, and the ticketing system has been very simple to use with minimal impact to our customers. The in-app customer support is also very quick and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Its been great so far, no complaints. Only minor improvement would include more customization of certain fields (i.e. Change Request Priority does not include an 'Emergency' option), but I have been told that this feature is coming soon.

Incident Management \ New Hire Requests & other IT form based processes \ Change Management. We've been able to very quickly implement these features with a very small amount of overhead to manage.

Samanage review by Timothy C.
Timothy C.

"Samange delivers for asset management"

What do you like best?

The cloud-based solution allows for my teams at different sites to collaborate easier and view the same information. I also like the auto-scan feature and the ability to create and report on custom fields. These were must haves and Samanage delivered.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to edit when the auto-scan runs. Right now it is hardcoded at every 24 hours of PC runtime. I don't need to scan that frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An easy-to-implement cloud-based inventory tool that does not require AD integration. Interface is easy to learn, an informative and customizable dashboard, and simple reporting tools make this a no-brainer.

I need to keep an accurate inventory of PC's and the software that is installed on them. I also have teams at 3 different sites internationally and it has been difficult to find a tool that allows them all to use the same application.

Samanage review by Zina K.
Zina K.

"Top of the Line Cloud Based Service Desk Solution"

What do you like best?

I truly like how Samanage allows us to track our Assets using the Samanage Agent installer. Our team communication on Changes and Issues has improved tremendously. We also like the way Samanage offers end users the ability to track the progress of their tickets.

What do you dislike?

There are two things that I would like to see improved. Although still a good tool, the Reporting feature customization options don't fully meet my needs. Also, the AI feature is very slow about collecting and analyzing data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Assign a dedicated resource for configuration, set up, and implementation Manual set up is required on the customer side, in order to customize your solution to meet your company's Service Desk Solution needs.

Overall Communication within our department and throughout our company on IT issues and requests, Service Desk process efficiency, and asset management.

Samanage review by Ryan G.
Ryan G.

"Great Implementation, New Service Desk! "

What do you like best?

Samanage did a great job walking us through all of the elements of how their product works and then taking us through the actual implementation of that product. They were cost effective and a great solution for us to shift from our on-prem helpdesk product to a true cloud based ITIL service desk!

What do you dislike?

There were a few features missing from Samanage that they are currently working on such as permissions for which staff members can submit service requests. They have some work arounds, but are always releasing new features!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time making this decision, but know that Samanage will help you implement this product in great fashion.

Samanage has made it easier for our staff to submit incidents to us in a variety of methods. What we realized as we moved on with the product is that you can custom tailer each type of incident using the many tools that Samanage has behind the scenes.

Samanage review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"New Samanage Implementation. "

What do you like best?

So far i love the fact that we can seamlessly communicate with our clinical staff on progress and completion of IT Tickets coming in. As well as being able to centralize everything to make it very easy for us as a department to work more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike anything about the product. It has served us very well and solved all of our issues that our old ticketing form could not. Samanage has proven to us at least that we can work better, faster, and get more done in a day. No more pushing stuff off based of simple lack of communication.

Our one and only problem we needed solved was communicating faster and more efficiently which this software has solved

Samanage review by Will V.
Will V.

"Seems great for either large or small organization"

What do you like best?

-Easy to understand interface

-Solutions are awesome. They are articles of how to do stuff. You can make them internal for just the service side of the team, or make them public. And you can attach a public solution in a ticket. It puts the article right in the message body. And the solutions can have screen shots, and what I love is you can resize the screen shot so it doesn't take up too much space, but if you click on it, it immediately pops open to the original size

-service catalog can have variables and processes. so variables mean if someone requests something, you can set how it can be approved. like there is a group of approvers, and you can set that all need to approve, or maybe only 50% need to approve

-process section of service catalog can work as a check list, with descriptions of how to, so you can make steps of how to do something, and the person can see instructions of how to do it. super helpful.

What do you dislike?

-Ticket status does not automatically change when a use replies. For example, if a ticket status is "waiting for user", and they reply, the status stays the same, as opposed to "user responded"

-when viewing the ticket queue, sort order always defaults by ticket number. You can click on a sort column to sort by another category, but after leaving the page it defaults back to ticket number. It is often helpful to sort your tickets by something besides ticket number. For example, I prefer to view tickets by status. I find it easier when constantly checking my queue. All my tickets where I am "waiting on user" are bunched together", then actionable tickets show up near the top because they have the status "assigned"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use, customization is easy to understand. I wish we started using it sooner because we have other teams within IT using other ticketing systems, and it would be great if we were all within Samanage!

-Help Desk Tickets

-Inventory

-Request Process

-Onboarding and Offboarding process, working with HR

We have realized different teams of the company can have their own self help and resource sections within Samanage. Different teams can put solutions there (how to's)

Samanage review by Jordan F.
Jordan F.

"Samanage works wonderfuly"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. The beautiful interface. The tools that are provided. Everything in Samanage is simple and elegant.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much about Samanage that I dislike. I'm sure some features can be added, but they have a great road-map and future planned out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the leap. They already have everything to deal with normal ITSM needs. They have an awesome road map for the future and it's all in the cloud and ready for you. They can get you set up in a matter of a few hours [after a little bit of planning of course] and you'll be on your way. Their agent that reports to the browser is simple to install and works well.

We have a quicker response to help desk issues, and better time management due to Samanage. We can organize our organization better and have a single user manage our help desk and task out to our upper tiers when needed. It's so simple that our users needed very little to almost no training to get started. It has seriously made our IT department better, and our work processes simpler for everyone at our business.

Samanage review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Great solution for the mid-sized business IT department needs"

What do you like best?

The Samanage management agent is easily rolled out via group policy and collects a serious amount of data on existing systems; the help desk portal is very intuitive, they've made great strides in adding functionality with workflow and task assignments and it's so easy to customize for whatever needs your IT departments need. We've incorporated on-boarding and off-boarding, employee transfers and promotions workflows, adding in appropriate users in HR, Finance, Training, Facilities and IT so we have a consistent way to process on-boarding and off-boarding across the company without relying on spreadsheets and email chains. Hardware requests, loaners and other items can be easily requested, tracked and accounted for without relying on paper sign-out sheets.

What do you dislike?

Support can sometimes be slow, and there may be some AWS issues from time to time with lag. At one point the had ads in their chat client that's part of the program that's always on, but that seems to have been taken care of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take their 30-day trial offer and see how well the inventory, ticketing, workflow and CMDB are. I've used a lot of different programs from Remedy to Track-It, Kaseya, Blue Dolphin and the like, this is one of the easiest to use, administer, train employees to use and not have to worry about missing SLAs.

Help Desk Tickets via the webportal or email are great for our mobile workers.

On-Boarding and Off-Boarding using workflow and task assignments have helped us make sure all the appropriate steps are taken to get employees up and running or off the books. Our HR and Finance departments like the task assignments and notifications so they're not hunting down information or looking for spreadsheets.

Samanage review by Taurean S.
Taurean S.

"Samanage: IT Management Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The GUI!!! The way the tickets and menus are set up, make navigating the dashboard (and other screens) a breeze. You can easily assign a user, a state, and a requester to a ticket, as well as communicate any needed information through the ticket system as well. Also their support is amazing! They always have people available to answer your questions, quickly, professionally, and with a bit of flair!

I also love that they provide a mobile app, that allows me to work with tickets and end-users on the go.

What do you dislike?

They are a little on the expensive side of things when compared to other helpdesk implementations, and their reporting options leave a bit to be desired. Also because it is cloud-based, there are rare moments when outages affect our ability to access tickets or assist our customers in an effective manner.

I dislike that I have to close out of the mobile app, in order to refresh the ticket screen. The app does not fetch any tickets from the last time it was opened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Samanage offers a very practical UI and modern tools, that allows for quick and efficient helpdesk management. Shop around. If you are a firm believer in you get what you pay for, this may be the option for you.

The problems we are resolving revolve around end-user support, and asset management. Currently we use their ticketing system to assist field employees with their technical issues, as well as keep track of what devices they are using.

Some benefits we noticed so far, are the constant updates Samanage does to make their product better, and their constant dedication to assisting their customers in times of uncertainty.

Samanage review by Anthony C.
Anthony C.

"Samanage Service Desk is all about basic needs."

What do you like best?

Cloud based and utilizes single-sign on with the help of One Login.

What do you dislike?

Too many basic features missing. Impossible to get new features or improvements to existing ones (which should already be basic). Basic inventory abilities available with a per client installation but again, it doesn't work the way it's expected. Rumor is that a new agent is available that works better but again, to our frustation, it cannot be installed over the old agent so it also falls short of what should be expected from this kind of product. Feature requests are shared with the community and only when they receive enough votes does it get considered. Once considered it will be a long time after before implemented (have only seen that happen twice). There are a ton of very basic feature requests, items that should have already been built around the existing pieces, that still have haven't made it to the "considered" category. It also seems that Samange makes changes based on their own preferences rather than chipping away at the preferences of their customers. All in all Samanage is better than the MS Access DB we were using in the past but I wish I had more input when system selection was made by upper management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Samanage Service Desk is all about basic needs. Give the organization the ability to enter tickets from either a portal or email. If that's all you need you will be happy with this product. If you need more, keep shopping.

Samanage review by Max M.
Max M.

"Almost perfect"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of things about Samanage that I like, but if I had to pick one it would have to be the ability to customize almost everything. We started with the cheapest plan, which is definitely limited in what you can customize, but once we had the need to upgrade and did so I just spent days tweaking the settings, categories and notifications and it was wonderful. Even though it did its job just fine on the cheaper plan, with all the tweaks in place now it just fits our needs that much better.

What do you dislike?

The biggest dislike is the lack of push notifications for the app. We migrated from Spiceworks, which has a fantastic notification push system.

The Samanage team suggested using email alerts to act as a sort of replacement, but with the sheer volume of emails we already get, it's just not a good solution.

I personally hardly use the app, so it's not so much a problem on my end, but the rest of my team heavily relied on this and I do hear about it from them here and there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and be in close touch with support and their success team.

Be aware that the trial has EVERYTHING unlocked, so make sure you know what features you will lose based on the plan you sign up.

If you rely on app push notifications, there are none to be found here yet.

For the most part this is used as a ticket/incident system. However, we're also now growing into the Knowledge Base/Solutions features, looking at using the asset tracking and PO system.

Samanage does a LOT more than we currently need, and it's nice to know that we can simply start taking advantage of the additional features once we're ready to use them.

Samanage review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Much more than your traditional ticketing system!"

What do you like best?

The Samanage Service desk has not only allowed for a proper ticketing system, but has many other features that have increased controls and reduced operational cost. We are still exploring all of the features of this product and continue to expand our help desk offerings while improving the end user experience. Very happy we went with Samanage.

What do you dislike?

The process for making changes or improvements to the product seems a little cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to investigate all hat the product has to offer. We are still rolling out features that we weren't aware existed, or that Samanage had the capabilities.

Samanage review by User

"Samanage is a superior support tool that is constantly improving"

What do you like best?

I love how Samanage listens to their users and improves the product based off feedback. We tell them what we need and they create it and improve upon it.

What do you dislike?

Since the product is constantly changing some items can move around and if you are not a daily user it can be hard to track down things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to Samanage, they listen. If you need something they often will create it or improve upon something that already exists to meet the need of their customers. I have submitted several tickets to them and they come back with product improvements that really impress me. When we started using a chat tool they did not have an integration. A forum post was created and they immediately chimed in and began working on an integration. Now we use it daily and it has improved our visibility of tickets immensely!

We are able to track problems much easier, integrate with our other tools successfully, and provide support to our users quickly. There are so many options with Samanage that as our business has grown we have been able to change how Samange works for us and it has grown with us.

Samanage review by Administrator

"Good IT service management tool "

What do you like best?

Samanage is very good product for managing your companies IT needs. Users can submit tickets via portal or email address. IT staff can categorize, apply SLAs, contribute to a knowledgebase and tag tickets for future reference in one interface. Reporting can provide metrics on several of modules used by IT. You can also store contracts, vendor information, change management and provide a service catalog for users to request hardware/software. Overall a good product for managing all IT needs.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is some what basic in that the reports provided are canned reports. There is some customization but focused around the canned reports. There has been several times where the automated reports did not send out but Samanage support is very quick to resolve any issues.

We are identifying the software / hardware with the most issues through reporting and understanding the cause and permanently resolving. We have one location for users to send support requests to.

Samanage review by allysia  E.
allysia E.

"Samanage is a great solution"

What do you like best?

We like that it was easy to set up right out of the box but then it was customizable to fit our church and school combo.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes the app on my phone doesn't work. That's bad if you don't have a computer with you and you run from classroom to classroom all day fixing teacher requests. I can't always get back to a computer to check the tickets. It would be helpful if it texted.

Making departments responsible visibly for what they have to do. Also, making the employees appreciate that their requests are in writing and not just a conversation and someone will eventually get to it.

Samanage review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"Love it (with a few caveats)"

What do you like best?

So far the implementation support we've gotten has been extremely helpful. We've had a set implementation specialist ever since we signed our contract and that has been invaluable. She's been an amazing help. This includes meetings with her about once a week that has helped us with any questions we may have. Also there is a chat that we can utilize in the corner of the screen when logged in that makes support very easy to access. I've used it quite a few times to answer quick one off questions that don't really need to wait for implementation meetings. I also love the feature of being able to add "Other Assets" as in things that don't necessarily have the tracking software.That's very helpful for our lending library of devices. I'm also a fan of just the general set up of the website. It's easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were a few more customization options, especially under purchase orders. Being able to delete software and printer entries would be nice. It would help me stay organized and keep unwanted entries from clogging up the system. Also it could look just a little more modern but that's not really a dislike/problem just a little aesthetics thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for another purchase order solution if this doesn't fit your exact needs.

We desperately needed a helpdesk management solution and inventory solution. So far both are getting us organized and helping us better serve or end users.

Samanage review by Don R.
Don R.

"Powerful and flexible, great for K-12 education"

What do you like best?

It is customizable from the top to the bottom. Unlike the other market leaders in the K-12 space, Samanage can be completely customized. It is also user friendly, easy to learn from an admin standpoint, and features powerful reporting.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about Samanage. We are a year in and are very satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it. I understand that SchoolDude has now realized that they have to catch up, but Samanage is what they are catching up to.

We were seeking to replace our school help desk system. We were using a legacy, K-12 specific solution that hadn't really invested in their platform in years. Samanage allowed us to customize all of the elements of our ticketing system and routing, and allows for easy ticket entry by our end users.

Samanage review by Cody D.
Cody D.

"A Solid Tool for Ticket Management and Knowledge Consolidation"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to set up SLA reports that not only send an email to the assignee, but will also pop that notification into a Slack channel for us to review.

What do you dislike?

I wish the homepage had an auto-refresh feature, so that those of us on the Service Desk could see tickets as they appear, which would give us just that little extra bit of promptness in serving our users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule an evaluation and see what you think. I like it!

We like the ability to track multiple tickets as one Problem. We also have been able to utilize the self-service portal and knowledge base to serve our users.

Samanage review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"It has came a long way and headed in the right direction"

What do you like best?

The user community is a great place to learn how other people are using Samanage. The knowledge passed around on topics is great. The uptime has been great over 3 years I can only remember one substantial outage and that was the big AWS outage.

What do you dislike?

The incident management leaves a lot to be desired. We fixed it with a generic service request item but in all reality not very ITIL friendly on that front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you take your time and have a good base before rolling it out you will save a lot of early headaches. They're continually trying to better the product and the community is great.

We went from the old school email to Samanage. As a support person I've loved it in the aspect of managing my own work. I don't know how we did it before after 3 years of having Samanage.

Samanage review by Phillip L.
Phillip L.

"Samanage Service Desk"

What do you like best?

Samanage has tools for almost any department in your company. From Facilities to HR and IT you can track and maintain visibility into the work that needs to be done and the employees who are accomplishing it.

What do you dislike?

Aside from a few bugs on iOS devices, we haven't had much to complain about. The one thing that is good about Samanage, is they love hearing about the stuff that doesn't work just as much as anything else so they are always trying to improve things and do better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate Samanage with Active Directory to make managing your users simpler.

Managing tickets for IT, creating workflows for facilities team and managing HRs requests for new and former employees

Samanage review by Allison D.
Allison D.

"Fantastic Organizational Tool"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is that you are able to see when someone else is viewing the exact same ticket that you are working on. I also love how organized the help desk keeps my team.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the language that is required to perform a search in the search bar and I find the logic behind the filters to be a little tricky.

The platform helps us stay organized and more on top of day to day tasks. It also provides visibility into who is working on what issue. This helps us better utilize our resources because we no longer have 5 people working separately on the same issue. This product has also proven to be tremendously useful in the sense that it has allowed us to reduce the ludicrous and unmanageable amount of emails that we used to receive on a daily basis.

Samanage review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Wonderful Service Desk Experience"

What do you like best?

I love how in addition to being a service desk, it is also usable as an inventory system and we can quickly look at a user's PC specs all from the same system

What do you dislike?

There used to be features that I did not like, or rather the lack of certain features, but recently they have been really stepping up their game and adding more and more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely love using Samanage. It is very easy to manage as an administrator, and very easy for users to create tickets.

One of the best benefits of using Samanage is the ability to also utilize it as an inventory system in addition to a service desk

Samanage review by Administrator

"Samanage Service Desk"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to work with all of my colleagues on incidents, inventory, and other areas that the Samanage Service Desk has to offer. The user interface is pretty easy to use and understand, even for novice users of the service. End users that will be submitting tickets for service can jump right in as well as it is pretty straightforward in terms of submitting tickets. The reporting tools also provide a valuable feature that can assist in showing the work being done through Samanage.

What do you dislike?

The import feature for things like inventory items, users, etc. seems to be very particular when importing the CSV file containing this information. If everything is not just right, expect to get several fail notifications before your data are uploaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the implementation time that you are given with the Samanage team wisely before going live with the product.

The two largest areas being serviced by Samanage are the help desk tickets and the inventory. We are able to keep accurate records of problems occurring on campus and how quickly they are resolved. In addition to that, the inventory tracking helps tremendously for overall IT needs on campus.

Samanage review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great product with fantastic customer service"

What do you like best?

Standing up the product was extremely easy and management/administration is simple. That alone gives me back a lot of time otherwise spent. Usability for IT staff and users is also a major plus.

What do you dislike?

The biggest flaw I can see at this time is the limits in reporting. Yes, I can get the majority of information I need, but ad hoc reporting isn't quite as easy. Also, customizing automated emails needs to be a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small to mid-sized business that doesn't need a million bells and whistles, but could have them if wanted, this is the product for you.

We have been able to initiate a formal Change Management process as well as Problem Management. The knowledge base is easy to manage and utilize and we've also implemented a user portal with access to many knowledge documents - something that has, so far, alleviated about 20% of the phone calls we used to receive.

Samanage review by Patrick Y.
Patrick Y.

"Simple ITSM, with Complex Usability, without Compromising Scalability."

What do you like best?

The Ease of Use, and ability to quickly onboard new features and functionality in our team members.

What do you dislike?

Roles and Permissions structure is currently cumbersome to implement/utilize for custom roles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to understand what your current support processes are before trying to automate them. Make sure that you don't cut corners with understanding what Groups and Tags you will be using, as well as the use of Categories and Sub-Categories. Get help from Professional Services IF you are going to create extensive/custom roles and permissions to avoid problems during implementation. Utilize your Project Implementation specialist during Implementation/Go-Live, and your Customer Success Manager post Go-Live.

Unified ITSM solution for our teams. Need to Automate Incident Management. We've realized the Help Desk Portal, as well as begun crafting an Enterprise Service Desk for the entire organization.

Samanage review by Keith W.
Keith W.

"Samanage service desk delivers features that help our team perform."

What do you like best?

Our team likes the automation that we have been able to leverage in the help desk. We are using these to walk team members through the required steps for larger repeated requests. Examples are employee on-boarding or termination and software validation.

What do you dislike?

A lack of automated refresh on the incident page and weak time tracking. The lack of software install date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The implementation team is awesome. I highly recommend that any new customer take advantage of them to maximize the potential for a successful launch.

We are better able to consistently deliver on the larger tasks with the workflow feature. The inventory features have enabled us to track assets better than ever.

Samanage review by Tom G.
Tom G.

"Samanage is a good software for Information Technology and Services"

What do you like best?

Samanage is very informative. The end user can initiate a service request and it comes straight our IT department. It has a communication base to be able to talk to the end user through the software and sometimes even fix the issue without going to their location. I like where I can talk to the end-user or make it a private conversation through our IT department. Wonderful Software!!

What do you dislike?

At this point I don't really have any dislikes. This software is on cue each and every time I use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Samanage to any IT Department for day to day Operations. It will simplify each and every task that is generated for in-office or field tech operations.

Being a Field Service Technician I can solve issues with the end -user needing software updates pushed through to chromebooks or Apple Ipads when a service ticket is generated. When the end-user has wiring issues, I will go out and fix them. Its all through a Samanage service request. The benefits of having Samanage is to solve problems in a quick and efficent way. Helping the end-user with little or no down time.

Samanage review by Kristofer F.
Kristofer F.

"A turn-key ticketing and inventory solution - with room to grow"

What do you like best?

Desktop interface, intuitive to all levels of users, clean design that is easy to view at a glance, and nicely partitioned between functions.

Flexible ticket structure and work flows, allowing for catered processes and form-based data-gathering, to obtain the right information from requestors on the first try.

Detailed inventory component, and extensive filtering options, to make it easy to associate troubled equipment or software to a user.

What do you dislike?

Mobile integration (tested across Android and iPhone). The Apps in the store do not work with the AD authentication, and if you do manage to logon with the App, you are presented with the legacy mobile website, as opposed to the intended app-style that mimics the desktop website, but for mobile screen sizes. Using a browser on the mobile device works, but it is a legacy style interface that is difficult to use for even basic activities.

Lack of live refresh (A feature that is possible using AJAX or similar coding). As of now, to see the latest ticket submissions or updates to a ticket that you already have open, you must refresh the page. Ideally, a ticket handler could keep the Incidents page up on their computer and as tickets are submitted, they would live update. Without this feature, users must actively refresh the page manually, leading to delays in seeing a ticket. There are other avenues of notification that work well (e-mail), however this would remove a step and put them closer to engaging a case just that much faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be consistent and clear with needs and goals when engaging their support team. They have good resources, however they appear to be a small staff, so it is easy for them to get pulled away from your concern. The more information you can provide them at the start means less back-and-fourth and a quicker turn-around.

Tracking of user concerns and trouble trends, be them departmental, system, or regional. Demand on IT staff, allowing for forecasting of staffing as well as determination to availability of resources in upcoming projects.

Additionally we now have a great 'always-on' inventory record that is cross-referenced to the user's AD accounts. There is enough flexibility in the fields to capture all relevant data, link to AD information, and tie to our Accounting departments own inventory tracking number system. Importation is easily handled one-by-one on the interface or mass-import via CSV file.

Samanage review by Darrell W.
Darrell W.

"Samange Review"

What do you like best?

The user interface is simple as easy to navigate.The ticket preview icon is a feature that I use constantly and I would be lost without it. On the application side, the filters are very useful . The export feature is great for creating custom excel reports. This is a great product if used for ITSM. I believe Samange has great potential but I don't think is is quit ready for the big league.

What do you dislike?

You cannot edit a tickets information once it has been created. With complex approval processes, the workflow can be difficult to manage when changes are needed. Needed features and updates are always "Coming Soon". You cannot clone a ticket if it has an attachment. The WYSIWYG editor for Knowledge Articles/Solution is none existent and there is no way to format text except for bold, underline, and bullets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool if you are using it for strictly a ITSM.

We are a MSP and use Samanage as our in-house ticketing system for IT, HR, Accounting and multiple other internal departments.

Samanage review by James P.
James P.

"Easy to implement, amazing customer support!"

What do you like best?

It integrated with our existing support email address perfectly, so now instead of replying to emails we just make comments on the cases like any other CRM system. It all gets formatted and organized seamlessly. New users can be added easily and you don't need experience with a CRM system to understand Samanage.

What do you dislike?

There is not much bad to say about Samanage, if there is a problem they fix it very quickly. One thing that is kind of annoying is that if you have it set to email the requester when a case is resolved, it will always send an email. I wish there was an override you could check when resolving a case to suppress the email. It'd be useful when you resolve a case and then they reply back saying "Thanks" which re-opens the case.

We have a much more organized ticketing system now, instead of having to hunt down email chains and having emails get pushed to the back and forgot about.

Samanage review by Daniel H.
Daniel H.

"Excellent customer service and easy to implement"

What do you like best?

Their customer support is some of the best I have ever seen and their product is also crazy easy to implement, and they will work with you to get anything you need done.

What do you dislike?

Some of their reports and inventory customization need to be overhauled to allow us to document all of our inventory or customize/edit our existing inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a set goal that you wish to achieve with their product, and make sure you explore all possibilities that you could use their product for as it can be implemented and used in many different forms. They will work with you and your time will be used more efficiently if you can supply them with your plan and needs.

We are giving transparency throughout the work place in that we are allowing other departments to ask a question to another department and then allowing them to track who is answering it, where it's at, and allowing problem tracking.

Samanage review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

The interface is very clean and it has all the key features I'd want/need in a system. We're a small IT shop of 4 people and were on Spiceworks for years. However, Spiceworks liked to merge computer inventory, which is great for looking up, managing, and troubleshooting online devices with any other inventory. The inventory module was awful. We were looking for something that can handle tickets, work well, and handle inventory well. It does all of that. Also, they provide Centrify for single-sign on and I've been able to use that to deploy other apps through SSO at no cost. The free SSO provider is a nice perk!

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing that I don't like is that there doesn't seem to be much insight into their development timeline. If you get the software, you'll probably find that 95% of it works great and is pretty slick. Then you'll find about 5% of the stuff you wanted it to to, expected it to do, it doesn't do. If you put in feature requests for those things, don't expect any clear idea of if/when it will come out. Some feature sets are a little limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a trial and try it out. Some things may not work the way you want or expect, so do your homework. It was definitely the right fit at the right price point. Something we could spin up easily in a few days rather than weeks.

Ticketing and IT asset management

Samanage review by Joshua G.
Joshua G.

"Samanage is an amazing product"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and not cumbersome. There are no click-through-5-screens to get actions accomplish. Its clean and intuitive, but still functional interface is one of my most important measurements. My technicians and end users are using very well. This is the first tool in which end users have actually engaged. We're getting 30-50% portal use.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be better. This has been true from the beginning, which for us was 2 years ago. I would like to access the time logs without having to build an API interface. I had this in my previous solution. Not having this means I can't individually attribute work that additional techs spend on another person's request/incident. They end up putting time into a "tasks this week" request. This means I can't really track all time spent on a request if I want to properly attribute it to a technician. I wish this was different.

I also really, really wish I could auto-assign due dates based on categories, priorities, or who submitted the request. I really miss this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really evaluate what you can't do in Samamage. We are meeting 80-85% of our needs in Samanage. I am willing to use Asana for project management, for example. I can deal with whatever other features are lacking.

Samanage has significantly reduced the number of phone and email tickets. This was messy in our last tool because almost no end users were using the portal. I have business rules that assign work from specific end users, specific work types, and other factors to the appropriate person. I have a small team, so specific work goes to specific people. This helps streamline that process. I have saved 50% of my admin time spent in a helpdesk solution. My level of communication spent outside the tool has also decreased. The comment feature is very helpful, especially for communicating with users. Real-time chat with users would be an awesome "power-up" to Samanage.

Samanage review by Greg D.
Greg D.

"Samanage Initial Review"

What do you like best?

We are in the implemetation stage so it's hard to say much about the software until we start using it, but their help with our setup has been great. Our SSO implementation went smoothly the person helping us with our implementation has been very helpful. We are looking forward to using the software in production.

What do you dislike?

Except for the price, which is pretty steep, there is nothing I dislike about Samanage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have much experience with Samanage, but so far I am pretty impressed with them. They are helpful and their software seems impressive.

We are in the implementation phase with Samange, so my review is more of what we experienced in testing and now implementation. Our old help desk software offered Single Sign-on, but not SAML, which is what we are using. That was one of the biggest reasons to move to Samanage. That ended up being a very easy migration for us. Our old software also didn't make it easy to determine work ticket priority, which is very important for us and Samanage handles it much better.

Samanage review by Joel J.
Joel J.

"Implemented SAMANAGE for help desk functionality"

What do you like best?

Easy to create a ticket. With samanage, users have the option of either creating tickets using the UI or by sending an email- which would create the ticket. It supports user group + specific users for the assignment of categories to the right personnel to handle the tickets. Per resolution is also an area where you can see solutions to problems.

What do you dislike?

Unable to send a copy of a spreadsheet in the clipboard in email for tickets. Mobile website has a bug when hitting the carriage return in the comments (in the UI, it looks like it is creating a carriage return. However, it actually posts the comment, resulting in a small inconvenience / spamming).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial and a test run with a few users at the time. Start with basic ticketing, and then advance to workflows.

Samanage helps to manage support tickets as well as clearing possible confusion / miscommunication regarding personnel who handle the support requests.

Samanage review by Paul P.
Paul P.

"Just Shy of Potential"

What do you like best?

Overall the software is nice and has a lot of potential, but is currently far from perfect or ideal

-Simple interface

-Email enabled incident modifications make responses from both users and techs to a specific incident easier and cleaner. Allows for users to respond without having to actually log into Samanage itself.

-Editing certain attributes from either the incident view or a list view is nice, though not always consistent or as fully featured as it could be

What do you dislike?

-Search Algorithms are supposedly "relevance" based, but searching for an incident number sometimes doesn't even bring up that incident.

-Service Requests on the surface look nice, generally easy to implement automation of common requests, but are incapable of being interrupted or added to (task system of manual incidents isn't part of the 'Service Catalog' request feature)

-Requested features sit for months or longer with little to no update to status, promised time frames on updates seem to sporadically be delivered on (was previously told Q1 2017 we'd get an update to a lot of the Service Catalog related issues I'd presented in a phone conference with a rep - its now June)

-Notifications are not configurable to the user, only administration. As part of a 'group' i get a notification every time something is touched in that queue leading to 100s or more notifications in a day.

-Automated Ticket routing would be nice if it had more customization. Like the Revice Catalog items, there's very limited custom controls allowed in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good demo of the product, twice if needed. Ask a lot of questions - involve the staff that would be using the product in the demo so they know what you're getting them into.

Google account sign in SSO works well with the rest of our Google Apps related business. Usability of Samanage is greater than the previous system we used. Looks cleaner. Cloud based access is convenient for techs not at a computer to access/update incidents

Samanage review by Andrew F.
Andrew F.

"A year in and going strong"

What do you like best?

The Samanage interface is clean and simple. SaaS based functions mean that when I update a status item that it is updated right away. For service management, there are some handy features such as the ability to leave private comments, or to direct incoming requests based on content/ keywords, or to gather customer feedback in a way that makes it simple to review or query.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to extending the functionality or adding new features, it can be difficult to truly know when something is coming. Case-in-point: we had heard that certain automation features were coming as of a date certain. On said date, our account manager said it was delayed and could be up to a six month wait. Two days later the feature was delivered without fanfare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. We compared several solutions but went with Samanage based on everything that we reviewed. If the solution has what you need out of the box, great. If you need customization, it could be a tougher decision.

We have a single system for all of our service and asset management. The two functions are largely separate, but they are accomplished within the same system so we don't have to maintain two lists of our users. While integration with 3rd party products isn't what I would call a strong suit, we are getting some of the essential integrations accomplished (with some heavy lifting on the front end. ) We benefit from having ITIL-formatted functions in a single view (Incidents, Problems, Changes, Releases, Solutions, etc.)

Samanage review by Carl Dean C.
Carl Dean C.

"Complete package for Service Desk and Asset Management"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Samanage Service Desk is the ability to create a catalog of services that a user can request and the ability to create new problems and a step-by-step solution on how to resolve new issues. Also, the integration with G Suite Admin Console allows us to manage almost every platform in our organization in one place.

What do you dislike?

Since we had Samanage globally rolled out in our organization, I never had a thing yet that I did not like about it. I absolutely like all the features that makes service desk support really easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Service Desk system, Samanage is your go-to. Samanage offers more than just service desk solution, it offers a handful of features that help you manage assets, provides service desk support and measures how well you are in meeting the level of service you are providing your organization.

We initially used Samanage for Service Desk support such as creating a catalog of services, creating a knowledge base for troubleshooting and most importantly, to measure our Service Level Agreement performance in providing support. Samanage can do more than that. The Asset Management feature allows us to tag and track all issues reported per machine and/or device that we ever deployed. Which allows us to create critical decisions when it comes to extending support.

Learn more about Samanage

Samanage Videos

Learning about Samanage?

* We monitor all Samanage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(466 reviews)