Samepage

Samepage is a collaboration platform connecting teams with content and conversations.

Work for Samepage?

Learning about Samepage?

Samepage Reviews

Ask Samepage a Question
Showing 90 Samepage reviews
Samepage review by <span>Monique L.</span>
Monique L.

"Poor interface, glitchy, but on the right track for collaboration with direct file editing"

What do you like best?

Samepage allows direct file editing such that a file uploaded to Samepage, for example a Word document, may be edited in it's native program which eliminates the hassle of the cycle of uploading and downloading to collaborate or co-author with others. It's seamless with Samepage's desktop app, except that Samepage is glitchy and often documents/data won't save. There is no way to recover these document edits. We use Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel. More importantly, we use track changes in Word documents to collaborate on projects--this is not a seamless feat with remote workers. It involves constant downloading and uploading and managing of various versions. We tried programs like GSuite, OneDrive, and countless other writing collaboration tools/software to no avail. Either they weren't robust enough or they required our whole team to be on a particularly clunky platform with special email addresses. Samepage is great because you only have to upload a document once and never have to download it to edit it. Moreover, all the Word document functions work properly including track changes.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is awkward, the layout is cramped, and the navigation is never fluid no matter where you are on the learning curve. It's not stable so expect page freezes and lost data. I don't bother adding many elements or pages anymore unless I'm feeling like I want the self-inflicted pain of going through a maze with unstable elements everywhere.

Team collaboration.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Samepage
Samepage review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Painless Collaboration"

What do you like best?

1)The simplicity of the user interface - we're able to have new team members and clients up and running in 5 minutes. 5 MINUTES! 2) The power of its features - we've been able to get rid of other SaaS apps and streamline our processes and software costs in half. 3) We can customize our workspace to suit each client's unique processes and needs, while still managing projects and teams effectively.

What do you dislike?

The inability to: 1) drag and drop documents into folders; folders into folders - cutting and pasting whole pages is time-consuming. 2) quickly clear all notifications with one click, 3) (re)organize teams as desired, 4) see all tasks by assignee and sort by creation date, due date, team, etc. 5) customize team avatars. But these are minor and are being addressed in upcoming versions as far as I know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with a pilot and then expand. That way you'll understand how you want to approach it. Because it's so flexible, it's easy to get seduced and build all kinds of things that later on you discover you don't need. With a pilot, you're biting off just enough to gauge what and how much you need and when. Start small, then expand. You'll be happier.

The ability to easily collaborate in real time with our clients, so we can create and execute digital marketing plans to grow their business. Improved productivity, more effective outcomes for our clients, and reduced costs.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Samepage review by <span>Richard S.</span>
Richard S.

"Samepage, the collaborator"

What do you like best?

Unlike many project management platforms, this prvides 'Pages' for repository of information related to the Team, sub team or Project. It doesnt disappear when a task is completed. Tasks are embedded on pages and the sequence and order can be moved around to prioritise. Its very flexible.

Secondly, I like the containment of chats. Its like a forum for each project or team. It avoids having everyone else in your organisation recieving project specific chats and collaboration when its just not relavent. Yet there is still the very usefull 'Everyone' Team and Chat group.

Clear layout and design. I love the fact that you can add all maner of detail to a Page, links to files, inserted files, pictures, tasks, text etc. Fantastic.

Nicely defined user access policies, per team, sub Team etc, with external team-member options.

Excellent support via email, chat, Skype, video conferencing. And they are pro-active and knowledgeable. We are NOT in the USA, we are in Asia with 8 hours time difference, and that has not impeded getting help.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see it available with OFFLINE capability so we can still work without a data feed or internet connection. Work and correspondence could update on first re-connect.

I would like to see a few more video tutorials. The ones they have are excellent, keep building the library folk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, try it again. It takes a little playing to work out how it best suits you, but rather than making work-arounds with other platforms, they have some really neat ideas inthis product.

Multi team, very mobile workforce, we are pretty much all global airline pilots working on multiple projects. Consistency and collaboration are vital.

Samepage review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"User friendly organizational tool"

What do you like best?

I think my favorite aspect is the task completion feature. It's so helpful for me to create tasks and update the status (25% complete, 50% complete, etc). It really helps keep everything sorted in my sometimes frazzled brain! I also love that i can assign tasks to others and see their progress/vice versa. I'm a very visual person, and Samepage is a very visual platform. I find it helps me organize and stay on top of communication very well.

What do you dislike?

Honestly the only thing I dislike isn't really the website's fault! I wish that I could get more coworkers on Samepage. I think there's just a lack of knowledge that it exists!

I work on projects with various groups of people at the same time, and with varying class/work schedules, it can be extremely difficult to stay up to date on everything with everyone. Samepage allows me to monitor progress instead of just having to wait on a "confirmation" email. Before I came across this tool, it was almost impossible to enforce a deadline, because communication among everyone involved was so unorganized.

Samepage review by <span>Lyn G.</span>
Lyn G.

"Finally found the perfect mix"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep track of everything in one place. I love how easy it is to invite people to join the team and share all or parts of your project. Each project can have its own calendar which will combine into a master calendar.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of use before you fully understand how to organize thins and what the layout is. Leave a day or two for trial and error.

I have multiple clients and several projects to keep track of. This helps me stay organized and complete projects without missing a deadline.

Samepage review by <span>Gary L.</span>
Gary L.

"Document Sharing and Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to upload and download files from a central location. The multiple users allows for collaboration on projects. This ultimately results in a great tool for multiple people to share information and work on the same project.

What do you dislike?

The service is not as user friendly or intuitive as I would like it to be. Some users whom are less technologically savvy tend to get lost navigating between links, pages, etc. There are instances where an item is uploaded and then it takes a while to find out where it was sent to or placed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest having a single user be the "master" user where they organize all files and documents in a way that makes sense to the general population of users. Everyone can upload documents to a general location but the master user will move them to designated spots. This reduces confusion as to where to upload or access items as there is just one individual doing it and it follows a consistent organizational pattern.

There is always a need for external storage of information so that multiple users can have access to it and add/manipulate. Samepage is providing this service so that we can accomplish our projects better.

Learning about Samepage?

* We monitor all Samepage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.