What do you like best?
1. I like the fact that there is now a single source of truth for our products and our product attributes and that we are leveraging our investment in our ERP system which was quite considerable.
2. In addition, our customers love it. They can see their own real-time individual pricing and availability online and place orders directly through to our ERP system. This eliminates time and effort on our end and empowers customers to make their own decisions and find information at their own leisure.
What do you dislike?
Customising certain things are a little hard if you want your website pixel perfect to your design. However, keeping the design locked and structured also helps as it enforces consistency across the site which is important. This is not necessarily a bad thing.
As we're a B2B company, some customers have decided not to use the system because they only want to use their own ERP system within their business which I can understand. However, having a login to our system available to them if and when they want it future proofs Domus Lighting for when B2B ecommerce becomes more mainstream.
Recommendations to others considering the product
If you're after an integrated e-commerce solution, we reviewed several other systems and found that this was by far and above the best value for money.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
1. There was no single source of truth for product attributes and data as information was spread across multiple systems and PDFs etcs. With a catalogue of more than 7000 SKUs, this was impossible to maintain effectively.
2. Our old site was non-responsive with a tired looking design. The new site looks great and we've received a lot of positive feedback on it from all our customers.
3. Lastly, we wanted to be able to reduce the traffic of phone calls and emails from customers for enquiries and information that simply wasn't adding value. If customers wanted to look at an old invoice or see an outstanding order, this used to be a cumbersome process. It's not anymore - it's all available in one place in one single view. Allowing our customers to perform these functions online themselves empowers them and they love that.