SaneBox

SaneBox prioritizes important email and moves everything else into a separate folder. The contents of this folder are summarized in a daily digest for quick and easy bulk processing.

Work for SaneBox?

Learning about SaneBox?

Compare SaneBox to Similar Solutions

SaneBox Reviews

Ask SaneBox a Question
Showing 12 SaneBox reviews
SaneBox review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"SaneBox Is My Secret Weapon for Effective Follow-up and Project / Task Management"

What do you like best?

I started using SaneBox a year ago, and have almost forgotten what it was like to "do email" without it. It's easy to install and easy to use. SaneBox has become a trusted secret weapon in my email and workflow management. One of my favorite ways to use SaneBox is the SaneReminders feature, for tickler, follow-up and preventing things from slipping through the cracks. Emails can be forwarded to simple intuitive email addresses for future follow-up. For example, if it's Monday and someone emails me and says they'll have a deliverable to me no later than Thursday, I'll forward that email to thursday@sanebox.com. That email will then pop back into my email on Thursday, reminding me to follow-up with the person if I haven't received the deliverable. I could also select to have the email pop back to my inbox at a certain time (thursday-3pm@sanebox.com).

I've only needed to reach out to their support team over the past year, but the couple of times that I did, they were amazingly fast and exceeded expectations!

What do you dislike?

When someone emails me for the first time, the message often winds up in my SaneLater folder instead of my inbox. In some cases, these are emails from prospects, and I would have preferred the message to go directly to my inbox. However, I easily manage this by checking my SaneLater folder several times a day to make sure I don't miss anything important. And if I want emails from that person to go to my inbox in the future, all I have to do is drag the message back to my inbox, voila, I'm set for the future. This minor inconvenience is FAR outweighed by all of the benefits, including the amount of spam and other unimportant emails that are directed to SaneLater instead of hitting my inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The package I use is $99/year. It's an investment, but one that has paid off in increased productivity and effectiveness.

I have improved my consistency in following up with with prospects and clients, and staying on top of projects tasks, to ensure projects are progressing smoothly. I have way too open loops to manage everything in my head. I borrow from David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) in my workflow processing, and found that I previously spent a lot of time adding and removing items to my WaitingFor list. SaneReminders serve a similar purpose, without having to manage a long and unwieldy list of items. I can forget the item until it's time to be reminded of it again, and then boom!-- there's the reminder!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SaneBox
SaneBox review by Nik P.
Nik P.

"A Must Have"

What do you like best?

This is an amazing software that will bring sanity to your inbox, reduce your stress level and increase productivity. It is very easy to set up and works great! The best part about it, you don't have to change the way you work or learn new software. It works behind the scenes, in a very similar to the way gmail or inbox by gmail is able to prioritize and sort your email, just much better for several reasons. The prioritization is based on your personal habits and not or generic filters, so it is extremely accurate. Additionally, and most importantly it's available on any device and any email client. There are also features not available anywhere else such as SaneBlackHole which easily and automatically puts email messages you select right into your trash folder, which is so much safer, less time consuming and easier than actually unsubscribing, and if later you would like to again see messages from that email sender you can easily train SaneBox to put it into your inbox or any other priority folder of your choosing. Another great feature is SaneNoReplies. It reminds you that to follow up with people who may not have replied to your email. These are just a few of the unique features that I absolutely love. That coupled with the increased productivity and focus is well worth it. Lastly, SaneBox is very customizable, so you can set it up in a way that best compliments your workflow. So whether you are a self-employed, business owner or just an individual who enjoys living life with fewer email distractions SaneBox is for you.

What do you dislike?

I am a huge fan of SaneBox and have all of my email accounts prioritized by them. The customer service is great and I look forward to all the new time-saving features and ideas that the team at SaneBox will bring in the future. I have tried many different ways to manage email, and have discovered that while SaneBox is not perfect, it's the best tool available on the market today, that does what it says with great reliability and accuracy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! You will love it.

Before SaneBox a lot of my time was consumed by email, and what bothered me was that it wasn't important email. We only get so many productive hours in the day, they shouldn't be consumed by unimportant emails that could wait until later, but by the ideas, planning, and actions which will truly make a difference. Now the constant email notifications on my desktop, iPad and iPhone have stopped and I am much more productive and focused on the things that matter most to me, and only getting interrupted by emails that really require my attention. Secondly, I reach inbox zero on regular basis, something which was very unattainable before SaneBox. That singlehandedly will reduce your stress level and increase your quality of life. All of these have a numeric expression in my bottom line as well, but even if I was just an individual wanting to be more present and experience life with fewer email interruptions I would sign up for the service.

What Email solution do you use?

SaneBox review by Michele Z.
Michele Z.

"Why didn't I get SaneBox sooner?"

What do you like best?

It takes so long to unsubscribe from newsletters I no longer want. With SaneBox it is a snap to put them into the SaneBlackHole. That is probably my favorite feature. It just speeds up my going through email and gets me to Inbox Zero in no time.I also like the reviews that come out weekly that tell me how many emails went into the SaneBlackHole (never to bother me again) and how many hours I've saved this week. Makes me feel even better about the investment in the software.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to open some of the emails when reviewing them in the SaneBox Digest - not always sure who they are from and sometimes I want to check them before sending to the SaneBlackHole. It is a waste of time to send them to the Inbox one time and then put them in the spam folder or label as junk mail. I know better now than to unsubscribe from anything that comes from someone I don't know. (Thanks SaneBox for the Email hacks.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know why you wouldn't take advantage of the free trial. Once you've used it for a few days, you won't want to go without it. I'm not a techie and had lots of problems getting started, but Customer Service couldn't have been more patient with me, helping me get rid of all the things getting in the way of a successful implementation.

Not only am I saving time reviewing my emails just four times a day, but I have many fewer emails to review. My focus stays on my important work, not on "glancing" at email throughout the day.

Last week I was helping out a friend in the hospital for five days. Being able to review the digest; get rid of all but the essential emails, made it so much easier for me when I got back to my home office (often very tired and very late at night) to reply to only the important ones and defer the rest to next week. I don't know how I ever handled vacations and email before SaneBox and their "forcing" me to have an IMAP account. That alone is a great time saver.

Don't know how to do a screenshot - will this do?

Dashboard

no-reply@opentable.com

Your Reservation Confirmation for Valley Inn Restaurant and Martini Bar

+SaneLater (1/1)

support@watsonstylegroup.com

Re: Create your Dream Wardrobe- The exercises you’ve been waiting for!!

+SaneNews (2/2)

mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com newsletters

Tarzana PM Meeting

Inbox OnceInbox AlwaysTrain to

the_oprah_magazine@e-mail.hearstmags.com newsletters

Confirmation of your request to stop continuous service

Mark All As ReadDelete All in DigestArchive All in Digest

Done Reviewing

SaneBox review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="3af1aa60-f30e-49cd-ad11-eb51502c5ac1">Chuck J.</span>
Chuck J.
" itemprop="name" />

"SaneBox - An Essential Tool"

What do you like best?

How SaneBox saves me time by breaking down my incoming email into separate boxes that are easier to prioritize and deal with. It saves me time...the most precious resource I have.

What do you dislike?

Not a single thing - SaneBox has all the options I can think of. (Until they think of some I haven't.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and find out how much of a difference it can make in dealing with your email.

Helps me address the important email first, and the less important emails later (and some not at all). Makes me more efficient so I can do more than just answer email.

SaneBox review by Gabrielle H.
Gabrielle H.

"A productivity tool that actually works"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, the user interface is intuitive, and it makes my inbox much, much cleaner.

What do you dislike?

I often forget to check my other folders and sometimes miss important messages that have been put there. This is totally my fault and not SaneBox's, but it does happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It absolutely does what it says on the tin. It would be great if they bought unroll.me or added some functionality to help me automatically group unsubscribe to a bunch of emails.

Just decluttering the mind by virtue of decluttering the inbox, and 'filing' emails in their appropriate places. I don't use the advanced reminder functionality yet.

SaneBox review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"I'm now in control of my inbox"

What do you like best?

Sanebox helps control the firehose of email going into my inbox. I couldn't manage at this point without it.

What do you dislike?

Not really much to complain about. It does a little bit to tweak it with training...but that occurs over time, and isn't an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial. It is easy to test. You'll know if it is for you in a few days.

Email is like air and water. It follows me in everything I do. Sanebox helps make me, well.. .more sane.

SaneBox review by User in Financial Services

"Finally, Inbox Zero, quick and easy!"

What do you like best?

I like the automatic routing of my email into Inbox, Later, and Archive boxes--much more effective than gmail's sorting into social, promotions, etc. "Inbox Zero Academy" lessons were helpful.

What do you dislike?

The "training" typically allows you to train to Inbox or Sane Later. If you have selected Sane Black Hole as one of your options, you can also effectively unsubscribe without giving out your email again or verifying that yours is an active email. But there is no option to automatically route to Sane Archive. There IS a Sane News function, which may accomplish this, which I still need to explore. It was not really discussed, but I believe was mentioned in passing, in the Inbox Zero Academy lessons.

Saving time on email naturally saves money as well! And I definitely am saving time on email with Sane Box, particularly as time goes on and the program gets better trained as to my preferences. The first few days I probably spent a bit more time, but now it is less, and I actually get my Inbox to zero weekly if not daily.

SaneBox review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It's Sane but is it safe?"

What do you like best?

I loved the immediate relief in the magnitude of noise in my mailbox. It really cleaned things up in a huge way. I also loved the "NoResponse" filter which basically called out emails that I sent but didn't get a reply yet.

What do you dislike?

I was nervous about the different folders in created and fearful I would miss something important. I know I can train it but..."out of sight out of mind" is such a powerful reality. Ultimately I was worried I might be missing something and hesitant to pay for some help but maybe not peace of mind. Also, I wish the noresponse filter moved emails out of that folder once I got a reply and was a little "smarter" about whether I am asking for a response or not.

Clearing the clutter

SaneBox review by Tanya S.
Tanya S.

"SaneBox keeps my inbox Sane (and me too)"

What do you like best?

I love how it helps me keep a cleaner (working towards zero) inbox. I love the SaneTomorrow folder best of all, super helpful in staying focused on today's work.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things get sent to SaneLater that I would have preferred to come to my inbox. I don't always remember to check it, so can be a bit delayed in responding to things that route there wrongly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial, but warning, you will get addicted and HAVE to have it!

Productivity issues, fighting overwhelm, helps me organize my work better

SaneBox review by Mya S.
Mya S.

"Really does help keep me sane"

What do you like best?

Seeing an inbox feed with mixed priorities in it make me first of all, freeze up just visual processing wise, and then it took untold brain cycles to sort them. Having a head start on the sorting makes dealing with all of it frankly doable. I still fear and loathe my inbox but its manageable.

What do you dislike?

The SaneBlack Hole doesn't seem to work as well i'd hoped it would.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Email is evil. I can bear it.

SaneBox review by Andy M.
Andy M.

"An amazing productivity tool for your email"

What do you like best?

I've used sanebox for years and can't live without it. It filters all junk / unwanted email out of my inbox. Sanebox is what enables me to get to inbox zero!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like. Once I turned off their email notifications and just monitored the sanelater folder I was more efficient.

I am filtering my inbox to enable me to focus on the most valuable emails

SaneBox review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Life Changing!!"

What do you like best?

Organized and reduced the mess that was my inbox.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I don't think that I would change anything

My email account went from 8,000 to under 50 emails.

Learning about SaneBox?

* We monitor all SaneBox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare SaneBox to Similar Solutions