SAP BusinessObjects BI

SAP Business Objects offers data-rich business intelligence. Drive more intelligent processes and decisions _ with business intelligence software.

Work for SAP BusinessObjects BI?
Sisense vs 3  2x

Learning about BusinessObjects?

SAP BusinessObjects BI Reviews

Showing 182 BusinessObjects reviews
BusinessObjects review by <span>Irv V.</span>
Irv V.

Fast Powerful and Customizable

What do you like best?

This software is easy to initially learn, and very powerful in producing reusable reports. It is much faster than my companies internal manual queries. The ability to build off of a saved query and share queries to other users is a great positive. My favorite part is that you can run queries in the background and it does not interfere with your current work or slow your computer down.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve to understand how to use the queries/objects and decide which data to pull, so there is training required. Some of the "result objects" also do not pull data but that is likely due to our internal data, not Business objects itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest that your company highly consider BusinessObjects. It is truly a powerful software that can be utilized across several industries due to the speed of the data pulls.

Historical Service Request History, Margin Reports, Key Performance Indicators, Accurate and fast Reporting

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAP BusinessObjects BI
BusinessObjects review by <span>Popescu E.</span>
Popescu E.

SAP Business Intelligence

What do you like best?

I like SAP Business Intelligence because I can use it without having a knowledge of a SQL query language. I can easy connect to my database and data tables and I can set up a easy query to export the needed data records. When I have saved my query, I can save this data to a report or a different file format which can be used to for other SQL tools.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit hard to learn how to generate all those reports. The documentation is not so clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you SAP Business Objects if you want to implement an automated business solution for you company.

SAP Business Objects provides to my company the capacity to do a business analysis in real time. It should be a must have tool for all the companies and it should be used by any areas to export data and to do business analysis.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

BusinessObjects review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

SAP BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE IS A GREAT PLATFORM FOR ON-DEMAND DATA EXTRACTION

What do you like best?

SAP Business Intelligence does not require a user to know SQL query language. Simply connect to the data tables and build a quick query to extract the data elements you want. Once you save your query, you can drop this data onto a report or formatted text file for data analysis in a different software. We leverage its automation to set up routine data delivery extracts to the server, thereby eliminating the dependency of I.S. personnel of setting up and running jobs.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve in designing reports, but I really think that is standard of all new software learning experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementing a business intelligence solution is important to the livelihood of maintaining the business; if you are dependent in terms of months in getting data extracts from your IT department, you are going to lose precious time to identify opportunities and weaknesses in your operations.

SAP Business Objects allows our company the ability to leverage real-time business analysis at our finger tips. Companies should make it an important tool that should be utilized by each department to extract data and perform trend analysis..

BusinessObjects review by <span>Samrat M.</span>
Samrat M.

Robust Reporting Tool...if the underlying data models are designed properly using Kimball principles

What do you like best?

Besides being scalable for small to middle sized organisations, it actually does the performance bit better than OBIEE even for large scale companies. BO also have a better data governance framework than other tools such as OBIEE and can be truly called a multi developer friendly tool with versatile integration connectors for all major OLTP systems, be it ERP Finance or HR Management Systems.

What do you dislike?

The tool's licence are expensive but you get what you pay for. SAP's business tool licences in general have never been cheap but that ensures you get proper product support whenever needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple development teams on distinct projects within the reporting team, use BO as it does have good data governance in place over other vendors.

SAP BO has good report 'bursting' capabilities sending reports to printer queues across different offices in the UK region without the performance getting bogged down like Oracle's BI Publisher. Many major reports are being sent to the departments using this tool.

BusinessObjects review by <span>Greg G.</span>
Greg G.

A solid Entry in leveraging BI

What do you like best?

One of the things I like about BObj is that, as a BI Manager, I can help varying levels of users. For example, if I have a user that has no interest/technical skill, I can build up a Universe, create an InfoSpace, and design some view sets. If the user is more advanced, maybe I just need to build the universe and let them play with the view sets. Users can insert themselves in the BI process where they feel comfortable.

What do you dislike?

There has traditionally not been a good method of restoring a single item when a user accidentally over-engineers it or deletes it altogether. And until recently, there hasn't been any kind of versioning. There are also, if there is much customization of the environment, it takes a little more effort to upgrade an existing environment or stage a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool was here when I was hired a few years ago and now that I've learned it, It's a solid BI tool. If I didn't have a BI tool and I was researching from scratch, I don't know if I'd necessarily hands-down pick this one, but Business Objects would definitely be one of the options I considered.

Sometimes configuration is challenging (unless you are also very familiar with setting up Java VMs). I like the meta-data layer design tool. I like that there are thick and thin versions of the tools users use. Users at this point try to build a report themselves rather than immediately asking me to do it (which is a small miracle). I did end up having to use a 3rd party tool to make me feel safe about backups and versioning (because at the time I started using BObj, there was no recycle bin or version management), but in general I'm happy with the product and am not looking for a replacement solution.

The problem is that there is an ever-changing series of questions that get asked. Many reporting tools are simply too robust and cumbersome for the standard user. Having lots of data is useless, if it is to hard for the decision-makers to get to. Web Intelligence can be as simple or as complex as the user needs it to be, so it attracts varying levels of experience. Explorer is a very easy to use visualization tool. I've seen Explorer users go from ONLY looking at canned view sets to building their own Information Spaces.

BusinessObjects review by <span>Ashmit T.</span>
Ashmit T.

Great reporting with multi-platform support

What do you like best?

Business Objects is a great reporting platform for any business to use. It is easy to use and very customizable. You can do the desktop version and the web version of the software and has a great administration platform for the administrators.

What do you dislike?

SAP is always late on releasing the patches and fixes for its bugs.

All of the reporting that we do are automated via SAP BusinessObjects. We even automate the Financials and month ends reports with it. It saves a lot of time that none of the reporting has to be done manually inputting numbers by numbers.

Learning about SAP BusinessObjects BI?

* We monitor all SAP BusinessObjects BI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.