SAP BusinessObjects BI

SAP Business Objects offers data-rich business intelligence. Drive more intelligent processes and decisions _ with business intelligence software.

Work for SAP BusinessObjects BI?

Learning about BusinessObjects?

SAP BusinessObjects BI Reviews

Ask BusinessObjects a Question
BusinessObjects review by Kaylin D.
Kaylin D.

"Long wait times, but excellent data"

What do you like best?

I like how all the reports I need to do my job are in one database. I can go to the database, and I can type in a few key words and find a report that will most likely give me what I need. This has really helped me do my job and makes it easier to interact and provide for my customer what they need on a daily basis. It's a great tool that I would recommend. It's helped me get ahead. I also do project work in my role, and I can find reports that support that function as well.

What do you dislike?

When connecting through a VPN, the program can run at a snail's pace. This makes it difficult to do my job, because I'm wasting my time by waiting for a report to run. I'd say if I had a faster system, there would be less worries in my daily use with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software for pulling the data you need.

I'm solving a need for data for my customer. I can find all of the relevant data I need to make presentations, provide reports, and help boost sales numbers. I work for a large company, so there is a wealth of knowledge. The reports that are created and put on BI&A for us to run really add to the knowledge base of all employees, since we can type in a few key words and get the information that we need in some form or another.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAP BusinessObjects BI
Showing 186 BusinessObjects reviews
BusinessObjects review by Irv V.
Irv V.

"Fast Powerful and Customizable"

What do you like best?

This software is easy to initially learn, and very powerful in producing reusable reports. It is much faster than my companies internal manual queries. The ability to build off of a saved query and share queries to other users is a great positive. My favorite part is that you can run queries in the background and it does not interfere with your current work or slow your computer down.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve to understand how to use the queries/objects and decide which data to pull, so there is training required. Some of the "result objects" also do not pull data but that is likely due to our internal data, not Business objects itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest that your company highly consider BusinessObjects. It is truly a powerful software that can be utilized across several industries due to the speed of the data pulls.

Historical Service Request History, Margin Reports, Key Performance Indicators, Accurate and fast Reporting

BusinessObjects review by Popescu E.
Popescu E.

" SAP Business Intelligence"

What do you like best?

I like SAP Business Intelligence because I can use it without having a knowledge of a SQL query language. I can easy connect to my database and data tables and I can set up a easy query to export the needed data records. When I have saved my query, I can save this data to a report or a different file format which can be used to for other SQL tools.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit hard to learn how to generate all those reports. The documentation is not so clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you SAP Business Objects if you want to implement an automated business solution for you company.

SAP Business Objects provides to my company the capacity to do a business analysis in real time. It should be a must have tool for all the companies and it should be used by any areas to export data and to do business analysis.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

User in Insurance

"SAP BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE IS A GREAT PLATFORM FOR ON-DEMAND DATA EXTRACTION"

What do you like best?

SAP Business Intelligence does not require a user to know SQL query language. Simply connect to the data tables and build a quick query to extract the data elements you want. Once you save your query, you can drop this data onto a report or formatted text file for data analysis in a different software. We leverage its automation to set up routine data delivery extracts to the server, thereby eliminating the dependency of I.S. personnel of setting up and running jobs.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve in designing reports, but I really think that is standard of all new software learning experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementing a business intelligence solution is important to the livelihood of maintaining the business; if you are dependent in terms of months in getting data extracts from your IT department, you are going to lose precious time to identify opportunities and weaknesses in your operations.

SAP Business Objects allows our company the ability to leverage real-time business analysis at our finger tips. Companies should make it an important tool that should be utilized by each department to extract data and perform trend analysis..

BusinessObjects review by Samrat M.
Samrat M.

"Robust Reporting Tool...if the underlying data models are designed properly using Kimball principles"

What do you like best?

Besides being scalable for small to middle sized organisations, it actually does the performance bit better than OBIEE even for large scale companies. BO also have a better data governance framework than other tools such as OBIEE and can be truly called a multi developer friendly tool with versatile integration connectors for all major OLTP systems, be it ERP Finance or HR Management Systems.

What do you dislike?

The tool's licence are expensive but you get what you pay for. SAP's business tool licences in general have never been cheap but that ensures you get proper product support whenever needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple development teams on distinct projects within the reporting team, use BO as it does have good data governance in place over other vendors.

SAP BO has good report 'bursting' capabilities sending reports to printer queues across different offices in the UK region without the performance getting bogged down like Oracle's BI Publisher. Many major reports are being sent to the departments using this tool.

BusinessObjects review by Greg G.
Greg G.

"A solid Entry in leveraging BI"

What do you like best?

One of the things I like about BObj is that, as a BI Manager, I can help varying levels of users. For example, if I have a user that has no interest/technical skill, I can build up a Universe, create an InfoSpace, and design some view sets. If the user is more advanced, maybe I just need to build the universe and let them play with the view sets. Users can insert themselves in the BI process where they feel comfortable.

What do you dislike?

There has traditionally not been a good method of restoring a single item when a user accidentally over-engineers it or deletes it altogether. And until recently, there hasn't been any kind of versioning. There are also, if there is much customization of the environment, it takes a little more effort to upgrade an existing environment or stage a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool was here when I was hired a few years ago and now that I've learned it, It's a solid BI tool. If I didn't have a BI tool and I was researching from scratch, I don't know if I'd necessarily hands-down pick this one, but Business Objects would definitely be one of the options I considered.

Sometimes configuration is challenging (unless you are also very familiar with setting up Java VMs). I like the meta-data layer design tool. I like that there are thick and thin versions of the tools users use. Users at this point try to build a report themselves rather than immediately asking me to do it (which is a small miracle). I did end up having to use a 3rd party tool to make me feel safe about backups and versioning (because at the time I started using BObj, there was no recycle bin or version management), but in general I'm happy with the product and am not looking for a replacement solution.

The problem is that there is an ever-changing series of questions that get asked. Many reporting tools are simply too robust and cumbersome for the standard user. Having lots of data is useless, if it is to hard for the decision-makers to get to. Web Intelligence can be as simple or as complex as the user needs it to be, so it attracts varying levels of experience. Explorer is a very easy to use visualization tool. I've seen Explorer users go from ONLY looking at canned view sets to building their own Information Spaces.

BusinessObjects review by Ashmit T.
Ashmit T.

"Great reporting with multi-platform support"

What do you like best?

Business Objects is a great reporting platform for any business to use. It is easy to use and very customizable. You can do the desktop version and the web version of the software and has a great administration platform for the administrators.

What do you dislike?

SAP is always late on releasing the patches and fixes for its bugs.

All of the reporting that we do are automated via SAP BusinessObjects. We even automate the Financials and month ends reports with it. It saves a lot of time that none of the reporting has to be done manually inputting numbers by numbers.

BusinessObjects review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Mining & Metals
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Mining & Metals

"Pros and Cons of SAP Business Objects"

What do you like best?

0. Strong platform for business intelligence

1. Flexible to connect with various data sources such as OLAP, and XML, SharePoint, Java, Microsoft Office and .NET

2.Easy to integrate with LDAP security providers and Single-Sign-On (SSO) solutions for user access and also provide the level of security needed to restrict access

3. Easy to integrate the historical SAP database for reports and does not take much time to pull history like SAP ERP.

4. Multiple BI analysis can be performed to make strategic and tactical decisions

5. Can be linked with SAP visualization tool- SAP lumira and data is easy to handle in MS-Excel and other applications

What do you dislike?

1. User needs to know specific skill sets to get complete benefit

2. Complex structure of SAP ERP can not be managed efficiently in Business objects and data can mislead for some important decisions.

3. License part is bit difficult to understand for users.

4. Difficult for a non-technical person to understand the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely for the industries which are looking for improving their work efficient and working in cost reduction direction.

1. Reporting various database which are difficult to pull out SAP -ERP and take huge time

2. Integration of various inputs to provide inputs to operations model

3. Platform for visualization and dashboard to understand performance of global business

This software has reduced waiting time for various database for strategic and tactical business decisions.

BusinessObjects review by Christopher J. K.
Christopher J. K.

"SAP Business Objects"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to design custom reports and automate the distribution of these reports (weekly, monthly, etc.). This saves us a lot of time and with our recipients of the data

What do you dislike?

It can be somewhat difficult to build custom variables without an extensive background in using BO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Building custom variables used in reporting takes time and is not as simple as building formulas in Microsoft Excel.

We use it primarily for reporting purposes. We have our SAP Business Objects platform linked with the same database we use for Workday.

BusinessObjects review by Sergiu P.
Sergiu P.

"Good business tool, but needs modernising to stay relevant"

What do you like best?

It is an easy way to share reports across the organization and enables users to view advanced dashboards and analytics without having dedicated software installed on the computer. Managing structure of reporting, sharing links to entire folders or files and setting permission on those folders and files is quite straight forward. It does a decent job at showing analysis on large data sets.

What do you dislike?

Performance wise, sometimes quite slow when loading large daily datasets (3-5 min load times), have seen better optimised systems. Export to Excel 2007, again on large data sets can be quite slow. Interface looks quite a bit dated and I hope they improve on it, to make it more modern and with a touch of animations, quite helpful to have a good and beautiful presentation tool for data (something you can take straight to a board meeting).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is quite expensive to implement, so do take careful consideration when acquiring it. If you already have SAP driving a couple of your reporting systems then Business Objects is the way to go to have a proper integration. UI wise and performance wise it is a bit dated, so don't expect pretty and fast changing graphs on the dashboards, but still a very robust system with good features behind it. Hopefully in the near future SAP will modernise it a bit.

Monitoring of daily/monthly performance across a variety of dashboards, graphs. It also serves as a database store for large sets of data that are used in ad-hoc excel files. Helps in keeping information transparent and helps managers see their performance better on daily level.

BusinessObjects review by Ryne L.
Ryne L.

"Business Objects"

What do you like best?

Usually, a quick turnaround to get data for sales and current customers. I like the breadth of data that can be accessed for customers if they are questioning performance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes reporting servers go down for days, creating a backup in reporting for regularly scheduled reports.

The view looks old and simplistic but gets the job done.

Provide market-level data to sales, and performance reports to customers.

Some benefits include scheduling reports sent directly to my inbox, running multiple reports at once, and being able to access historical data as far back as the customer has been on with Cars.

BusinessObjects review by Antoine C.
Antoine C.

"SAP B-Objects Reviewed "

What do you like best?

SAP Business Objects is a great tool for business intelligence in office or on the go. Without many actions required, a user is able to access reliable, accurate and up to date intelligence data on the go. This is great for on the go displays, and meetings, anyone is able to securely access the the data they need for essential communications.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things to dislike about this SAP program. SAP provides a wide array of products and services, utilizing SAP Business Objects, will essentially improve your footprint and traffic by a proven percentage. The layout of this software is provides a clear view of essentials. Vital training must be performed before usage of the program, however, once familiar efficiency will improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anyone who seeks to use this service, I recommend you pay close attention to all the tools, each has its individual function that serves a unique purpose. If you are looking to spend the money for this services, which by the way is a great service for the money, using it the correct way can easily boost sales, traffic among other initiatives to track the consumer behavior, which will ultimately make you a better business owner or organization. Understanding the metrics is the key.

SAP Business Objects is solving the main business problem most companies have. Understanding their customer base to a level of mastery. Once behaviors are identified, targeting your base is a lot easier, and more importantly you're able to jar their attention the sustainable way.

BusinessObjects review by Pierce E.
Pierce E.

"One of the best if not the best in BI tools"

What do you like best?

I was involved in three BI tool evaluations within a data warehouse initiative. We surveyed all of the majors on the Gartner quadrant, and Business Objects surfaced to the top with the balanced capability of dimensional analysis and ad hoc reporting. The implementation was easy for both IT and the business side, and ETL tools worked seamlessly with it.

What do you dislike?

Not really anything significant to complain about.

Multifaceted problems; from the business side, more self-empowered information extraction and reporting without the hassle of engaging IT and the ROI exercise between multiple depts of the enterprise. Standardized metadata, self-empowered analytical tools. Finally, FTE control of IT resources. A good IT application dept's goal within a business is to automate themselves out of a job.

BusinessObjects review by Nagraj N.
Nagraj N.

"SAP BusinessObjects 4.1 review"

What do you like best?

1. Ease of new reports creation.

2. Ability to pass reporting parameters from GUI screens.

3. Pretty robust in nature and good security options.

What do you dislike?

1. Universe development bit tedious.

2. Bit complex to run a single report with data from multiple databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Robust BI reporting application with easy integration with other tools and databases

1. Our client uses SAP BI 4.1 as the standard BI reporting tool as it blends well with other applications.

2. It easily accepts reporting parameters from other GUI based applications.

3. Allow for robust security implementation

BusinessObjects review by Vytautas T.
Vytautas T.

" SAP BO - Top rated BI system in a multinational organization"

What do you like best?

Using Web Intelligence tool you can create sophisticated reports and share them on SAP BI platform across the organization. Easy to use from a business users perspective. Possibility to access the reports via URL link without any additional local software on a users PC allows user to use BI reports in the portal or ERP single page applications. Lots of possibilities to maintain user authorizations. BI Audit functionality allows you to analyze the usage of SAP BO. Alert functionality gives the opportunity to get the information about the systems malfunction. SAP BO Monitoring displays the status of the BO servers. Easy to transport the content between different SAP BO environments (DEV, QA, PROD). Performance optimization.

What do you dislike?

It is complicated and can cost a lot of money to implement SAP Business Objects. Without any experience with previous SAP BO versions it can be a little hard to understand the software and the way SAP Business Objects works.

SAP Business Objects is used by following departments: Finance, Line Management, Business Controlling, Marketing, HR, Corporate etc. It is used across the whole organization in many countries around the world.

BusinessObjects review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Contracts Operatons Manager"

What do you like best?

The system is well organized, it has all the information you need, it gives you more than enough information. I also like how each company can adjust the system to run according to their needs.

What do you dislike?

Unless you know how to use the reports and the system, it is difficult even though the system has so much information. It would be nice if they can have a quick overview when they put the system together depending on the company needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to understand the report you need from BI, this will help remove all the unnecessary information you may need. In addition, make sure you ask your company to have someone that can train you since SAP BI can be custom built based on your company needs.

Our company runs reports to understand the overall customer information as well as bill our customer through this system.

User in Retail

"Business Intelligence Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the drag and drop query capability. When I was using Business Objects, I did not write SQL, and this interface allowed me to pull data in a user-friendly and intuitive way.

What do you dislike?

Graphing was a nice bonus feature, but I tended to do this outside of Business Objects because updating charts was a time suck. Also, scheduling reports made my life easier but I found that some reports would fail with regularity (and these were simple data pulls that should not have been a drain on the system).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for users who don't write SQL. Sub-queries were a great asset for pulling data without duplication.

Extracting data from Business Objects allowed me to automate data pulls so I was ready to compile reports as soon as the workday began, and also allowed me to automatically send reports to leaders so they could keep a pulse on their areas.

BusinessObjects review by Jessica W.
Jessica W.

"Business Objects review"

What do you like best?

I like best the multiple ways to manipulate a report, and that you can set up to receive it on a daily, weekly, monthly, etc... basis, without having to re-enter your information.

What do you dislike?

It's very specific and doesn't always tell you what you entered incorrectly. You'll get a null report but you won't know why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the right parameters set!

In my office, we need to pull reports on biographical data, and fundraising, so Business Objects helps us focus on a specific group of people. The benefits are pinpointing who we want to reach out to, or find information on.

BusinessObjects review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great Outcomes, Not User Friendly"

What do you like best?

There are so many different sales reports you can run that tell you literally anything you want to know. We use this in book publishing, and I can compare sales history for different titles, or compare by BISAC codes, on sale dates, price points, and so much more that I have not tapped into. I probably understand a sixteenth of the entire software.

What do you dislike?

It's not user friendly. You can't just download it and figure out the multiple uses by playing around. You definitely have to have someone teach you, and there are a lot of factors that will change your report completely if you aren't selecting the right groups or categories. The problem is, unless you really know the software, you'll never know if the report you've run is incorrect or what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put in a rigorous training program for employees.

At my new company we don't have it, and there is a lot of information we don't have access to. Business Objects allows you to compare sales from any time frame to another time frame whereas the software I now use only gives you YTD. You can't even select specific months.

BusinessObjects review by User

"SAP handles everything we need"

What do you like best?

Once you get the hang of the system, it's relatively easy to learn how to use different transactions and platforms. It also is nearly the same in its usage from company to company so the skills you learn are transferable.

What do you dislike?

It is easy to make a mistake while learning how each transaction interacts with another. They need to make a "how-to" guide for each transaction that is easy to access on their website. They need a how-to guide that shows pictures and snapshots and explains how each transaction can be applied in certain jobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is wholesome and great for managing everything you need. Just make sure that when you implement in your business, you have a thorough training course and guidebook for every user. Be sure to have a help and support line available for months after implementation.

We are managing our raw and finished materials inventory and tracking usage and variances. This makes things easy to manage and can easily go back and see what happened, when, and where.

BusinessObjects review by Gabrielle C.
Gabrielle C.

"Needs work"

What do you like best?

Considering you have the original encrypted file; it's a good way to get the information you need depending what systems you have merged with it.

What do you dislike?

If you are not consistent with your dates, times, batches, and how you group the info it could render useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offline mode still works; depending on what data you are going after.

On the spot reporting for errors within our inventory.

BusinessObjects review by αηκit s.
αηκit s.

"Business Objects gives organizations a set of tools to manage and optimize Business Intelligence"

What do you like best?

With its consolidated approach, SAP Business Objects gives organizations a set of tools to manage and optimize Business Intelligence. From a centralized portal, companies handle everything from ETL and data cleansing to predictive dashboards and a variety of reports - Crystal Reports, OLAP, and ad hoc. SAP Business Objects provides solutions for medium to large enterprises, and is configurable to a number of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, financial services, and nonprofits.

SAP is one of the leading companies in the business intelligence industry.

The seriousness and professionalism of SAP is maximum, the products are highly professional and suitable for large companies wanting to establish a comprehensive BI solution structured and well-functioning.

Through SAP Business Objects you can independently develop highly professional products business intelligence, creating optimal and detailed reports, dashboards attractive, and OLAP structures by connecting to different heterogeneous data sources.

What do you dislike?

SAP Business Object surely is not a product that can be developed by inexperienced users, can certainly be used by intermediate users following a minimum of necessary training.

My least favorite thing about this product would have to be the lack of download capability in more current versions of Excel. Currently, Business Objects only downloads in Excel 2007 format, which can sometimes complicate pulling millions of rows of data into one spreadsheet. Office 2010 and 2013 are capable of handling millions of rows of data, but B.O. cannot deliver it into those new formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your needs and depending on your budget available, carefully consider your goals before you start a process of development and maintenance of a Business Intelligence infrastructure.

Evaluate thoroughly, your need for building data universes or data marts to simplify your users report construction. We went through many data modeling sessions where we worked on the construction of the marts and linked them so that the seemingly disparate data could be joined together to yield very meaningful reports. The better you build your models and marts, the faster your reports will run.

BusinessObjects review by Ron L.
Ron L.

"Flexible, Robust, Enterprise-grade Business Intelligence "

What do you like best?

SAP BusinessObjects invented "ad hoc" analytics with Desktop & Web Intelligence (WEBi), back in the mid-90's.

With 20 years of customers (over 3 million users) and solid data governance, WEBi is still the de facto standard for ad hoc analytics.

Together with Crystal Reports SAP BusinessObjects owns over 20% of the world-wide BI marketshare - according to Gartner.

With SAP HANA - Business Objects customers are able to take advantage of in-memory for accelerated analytics performance and reduced cycle time.

What do you dislike?

SAP seems to place a large focus on ERP which is understandable. Howver there is an opportunity to invest more heavily on the proven analytics platform tools, including WEBi and Crystal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAP is investing heavily in HANA. Consider this approach for dramatic in-memory performance improvements (reduced cycle times, improved query speed). Also consider Cloud for Analytics if you prefer SaaS applications.

Reduced data integration cost

Improved data quality

Business benefits realized across revenue (up-sells, cross-sells leveraging available data), improved customer service. All areas of the business have been positively impacted with easier access to quality data.

BusinessObjects review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"SAP Boxi"

What do you like best?

The best part about SAP Boxi is being able to retrieve sales data on products information for each division base on a lot of different search criteria.

What do you dislike?

Boxi is known to clock and freeze when searching through a lot of data, so it can become daunting when the search takes a long time to obtain and then only to find out there is no data or the data search failed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Business is a great tool assessing sales data but most likely will need to improve in their search efficiency and need to be a bit more user friendly.

Business problems we are solving with Business Objects is; understanding sales data of how products are being sold, how much each division is generating in sales per product, classifying product information, and taking data to analyze sales trend and how to reduce cost in supplier management.

BusinessObjects review by User in Internet

"Business Objects Every Day"

What do you like best?

What do I like best? I use this almost every day to gather client reporting. It is rather quick and very helpful. It is very easy to read and comprehend. Very easy to export and share data with customers/sales partners.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ability to customize further. Some reporting lacks customization, but it is easily customizable after being exported. Some reports run slower than others, but they are quick for the most part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that others consider using Business Objects. It can house a tone of information and assist with a wide variety of thing in, i assume, a wide variety of industries.

The business problems I am solving are the prevention of cancels and trying to upsell products to make the business more money. Utilizing numbers shown in reporting to assist with upsells and preventing cancellation of service.

BusinessObjects review by Travis H.
Travis H.

"In general, a great product to use!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. A big part of using it correctly is how well you can control the data you want.

What do you dislike?

Finding the right person to setup Business Objects to give you the information in the format that you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not currently have any additional recommendations. My manager has a vast bit more experience with this product and hence she is able to answer many of the questions that I have. Getting the most out of the product is really about learning how to manipulate the data to suit your needs!

This is a great tool to manage our UPC's and Orders for a range of customers in many areas.

BusinessObjects review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Long Process hard to train to new sales staff"

What do you like best?

I like the templates and work flow process also like the fact that is was accessible in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

The process itself requires a certain amount of computer logic by the users which isn't the case with most sales executives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on the over all process and try to involve as many as the end users as possible allowing them to be part of the process building not only gives them more ownership on their part but also allows the process to flow a little easier for the end users. Also add as much information about your product as possible and maintain them as best you can, once a lot of products are involved it become combersome.

The best part of the was ease to access previous quotes for clients made by any previous sales executive if they have left the business made it easy for management to just pick up where they left off.

BusinessObjects review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"Works, Just Not for User-Created Analytics "

What do you like best?

BOBJ is a great tool, and builds connections very easily to SAP delivered content. It is not limited to SAP BW, and can work with data from in-house applications and SQL.

What do you dislike?

Per SAP, it is not the most user friendly interface. It can be difficult to learn with little documentation on what you are trying to accomplish. Also does not really allow for user-made analytics--only enterprise wide.

SAP BOBJ allows us to publish our analytics to a repository that can be accessed by anyone in the company.

BusinessObjects review by Internal Consultant in Computer Hardware
Internal Consultant in Computer Hardware

"powerful reporting tool but with poor UI and dynamics"

What do you like best?

The best thing about SAP Business Objects is the reporting architecture.

The universes are best part you can think of for building any reporting framework.

even if you do not have separate reporting database, universes are like building your virtual reporting DB(if you can afford reporting load on your application database).

we use if a lot for reporting on all enterprise applications and this tool helps a lot on analytics.

the other supporting tools like BODS etc. helps build a better reporting environment.

What do you dislike?

now since the reporting and analytics needs highly responding UI, Business Objects lags in this.

the end user data massaging is pretty slow and bulky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a very good enterprise reporting tool.

goes well with other ETL tools etc.

if you are considering rich end user experience than features, then you need to think once again.

A lot of reporting requirements are fulfilled.

end user data analytics and business decisions and taken based on this

BusinessObjects review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"I use BO to create and refresh reporting for inventory management"

What do you like best?

Charting and Excel-like reporting - BO interacts well with excel, which is useful for non-BO users to understand what is being shared

What do you dislike?

Restrictive with modifications - I am not sure if it is our current setup, but it is very difficult to modify a report that is created by another producer, especially after they have left the company.

We are using business objects in my role to create if-then reporting so that we can update the system for accurate information sharing, as well as monitor inventory and service levels throughout our distribution network in order to act as proactively as possible to avoid issues.

BusinessObjects review by Abby R.
Abby R.

"Great variety of reporting system but has its faults"

What do you like best?

I like that the reports seem to be full of options to tailor them to your specific needs. There are endless varieties of formatting and information that can be showed in meaningful ways.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the ways to run reports are not intuitive. The amount of formatting options can be overwhelming and sometimes needed functions are hard to find. Not all reports being live make it hard to remember which need constant refreshing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to receive lengthy and thorough training.

Business Objects helps track when orders come in, tracking shipping, and identifying financial issues among reports

BusinessObjects review by Administrator

"Excellent suite of tools with outstanding support"

What do you like best?

When SAP bought BOBJ they pretty much retained the support organization and we get responsive, technically competent input from them on a regular basis. Products are updated regularly and with significant improvements.

What do you dislike?

My only significant complaint is that the licensing arrangements are complicated and don't always flex with the evolution of the products. Just when you start to learn the names of the products, they rebrand them. Makes keeping track of what you own tricky.

Adopted with gusto across our organization for mobile reporting, dash boarding, and slice and dice reporting.

BusinessObjects review by Consultant

"Nice product "

What do you like best?

I know it is more of a older generation of BI product but it does do the work. You can generate reports and store them in different folders pretty easily, and it's comparatively easy to do updates so there are relatively less down time.

What do you dislike?

It is not cloud based. The IT team needs to have a local server and database. The business users can't access the software form a lot of devices such as mobile devices. It is not good for building visualizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is not all about data visualization and already has a SQL database. SAP BO is the product for you. But if you are looking for a more of a cloud based software, it is not.

Mostly building reports. It's pretty fast and easy to use.

BusinessObjects review by User in Computer Software

"Business Intelligence: From Great to OK"

What do you like best?

I started using BusinessObjects when it was newly acquired by SAP. The best thing was its ease of use; fine level of abstraction of "universe", data modelling, views etc.

What do you dislike?

BO has aged with time. It doesn't bear a fancy look anymore. It's heavy-weight and doesn't really facilitate rapid development. Drag and drop feature needs an overhaul.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look out for light-weight alternatives.

We have to create reports on trend analysis of network congestion, call failure rate, etc. That time BO was a hit, and we used it.

BusinessObjects review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="c3ed2bec-5783-4194-b777-ae886132f89e">Abbas A.</span>
Abbas A.
" itemprop="name" />

"Business Analyst"

What do you like best?

Ease of use the power of the BI tools, crystal reports and ease of publishing reports in the BO platform. Integration with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office :Excel , Word

What do you dislike?

Integration documentation scarcity some trial error necessary depending on ones environment

Recommendations to others considering the product

The users experience and learning curve is negligible. The integration with Microsoft Office products is a huge plus. Use excel pivot tables as your front analysis tied into business objects backend

Having an insight into our business, easily locate any type information from any source. Publish the report the entire organization has access.

BusinessObjects review by Syed F.
Syed F.

"The best BI tool known to man"

What do you like best?

Flexibility to working against specific databases, SAP oriented environments and free hand sql give the front end users the power as much as the IT DEV team in the new 4.2 RC.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of not having enough graphical template in Lumira which doesnt allow to connect live to non SAP sources.

Top benefit is the transition of our tableau users trying their smooth transition into the new Lumira platform with the slight deficiency in graphing templates was surprising to me

BusinessObjects review by User in Higher Education

"Love their last upgrade"

What do you like best?

I love their new homepage with recently used reports, it makes it so much easier than going through all of the drop downs to find the 2 reports I use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I really wish you could customize the exporting layout, that way I don't have to edit it so much in excel.

I use my specific reports also as a double check for my previous days work.

BusinessObjects review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"A bit Comolex but Useful"

What do you like best?

There is so much information in Business Objects and you can really find anything you need to make your sales case

What do you dislike?

Because there is so much information, sometimes you can get caught up in the numbers. Would be better if you can open in excel easier as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you are trying to say with the data before pulling it, as the info can be too broadscaled and comolex to make sense of unless you know what you're specifically looking for

Solution based selling

BusinessObjects review by Vipul J.
Vipul J.

"Java Developer with Business Object Exerience"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool for BI reporting. There is rarely a need to write custom queries as the universe join and classes do their job well.

What do you dislike?

The queries generated by Business Objets are not optimized and this necessitates to write custom queries for generating views quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the desktop version for development and use less Business Objects Infoview as this can lead to slow development.

There are a lot of tools available in the market which are more scalable and less expensive as compared to SAP Business Objects.

We use it as a reporting tool for management's decision making. The transformed data from Oracle Database is used for reporting using Business Object.

BusinessObjects review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Business Objects"

What do you like best?

I like that both internal and external colleagues have user-controlled access to different folders/reports in BO. I also like the automated report feature that auto-emails reports to a set distribution list.

What do you dislike?

I expect auto-distribution to be reliable, so it's annoying when reports are not received via email as expected, and there is no error message alert to prompt the database analyst troubleshoots the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that there are quality mechanisms already in place in case reports are not running or auto-distribution as expected.

We are trying to automate many operational aspects through reports that are auto-distributed.

BusinessObjects review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"BO BI is the best tool for all adhoc reporting and analysis"

What do you like best?

semantic layer and adhoc reporting features. Ability to schedule reports to email , Publications , Crystal reports and user friendly launchpad.

What do you dislike?

Search capability is little bit slow and user selection window doens't work properly in CMC -> Security query.

Making report availability to 5000+ BO users in University of Michigan. Users inlclude staff and students. The reports help users to take better decision in the day to day operations.

User in Retail

"SAP Business Objects is Awesome"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use: the information infrastructure is extremely flexible and easy to use. Is a tremendous asset when trying to reduce IT costs and also how to maximize ROI.

What do you dislike?

Find this extremely easy to use when trying to make business decisions. No complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A tremendous piece of software that will help reduce costs and increase ROI. Simple and easy to implement and is extremely flexible. Data can be manipulated to show possible outcomes of decisions and definitely aids in making the right decision.

We have reduced IT costs by over 15% using Business Objects as a decision making tool. It gives us greater flexibility in this department and reduces so much stress.

BusinessObjects review by Trevor H.
Trevor H.

"Great software for analyzing large data and tailoring reports."

What do you like best?

I have used Business Objects for years and the updates only get better. Tailoring a large amount of data to an easy to understand report is critical for our business. The amount of available filters allows for extremely detailed reports and have proven very helpful to the Consultants who receive them.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the size of your report, run times can be a little long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large set of data and need to filter it in a number of ways for meaningful reporting, this is the first and best tool to choose.

Large data analysis. Streamlined reports. Increased communication and problem resolution.

BusinessObjects review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Clinical Trial Management System"

What do you like best?

SAP Business Objects is user-friendly for CRAs in drafting reports, tracking site details and site staff, and managing protocol sites overall, just to name a few.

What do you dislike?

Error messages resulting from certain functions not performed prior to other functions, with same data entered.

Our company uses SAP Business Objects for clinical trial management of protocols, trials, sites, staff, reports, document tracking, action items, and protocol deviations.

BusinessObjects review by Desireé B.
Desireé B.

"Decent Report Running"

What do you like best?

I like that everything from another systems I use can be put into a report on this system.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it takes the data 24 to show up , and be able to be presented in report form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Real Time reporting, that is such a downfall, I literally have to tell people, i will give you that information tomorrow because my system is a day behind.

Analysis of data.

BusinessObjects review by David H.
David H.

"First time user, very satisfied"

What do you like best?

Used this at my last position. Very concise and efficient with a number of useful customizations to report to the end user. Definitely helpful in day to day operations

What do you dislike?

A bit of a steeper learning curve to begin than some of the competition as well as being somewhat more expensive. Not a deal breaker by any means though.

We were using this to help manage our sales team and manage and analyze the data that came out of their normal daily activities to help inform our strategy.

BusinessObjects review by Ramez B.
Ramez B.

"Powerful Analytical Capabilities! "

What do you like best?

Highly interactive dashboards including drill-through, conditional formatting and complex filtering

Completely flexible WYSIWYG layouts

Wide range of input controls available for what-if analysis

Dashboard and application can published to BI Platform, HANA and NetWeaver Platform

What do you dislike?

More of a developer’s tool where the dashboards are shared with the business users

Demands a specific skillset to operate

Time consuming process to build new or modify the existing ones.

An IT authoring tool with HTML5 UI technology that provides predefined graphical dashboards and analytic applications to multiple business users.

Real time analysis with live data and Multi Language Support.

Customer- and SAP-delivered content

HANA support and Mobile Support.

BusinessObjects review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Great business tool "

What do you like best?

You can have all your data in a easy one system.

What do you dislike?

There are some formulas that need to be added to use.

Time savings on day to day activities.

BusinessObjects review by Varsha M.
Varsha M.

"great tool for reporting"

What do you like best?

customizable reporting features with good viewing and editing parameters to work with.

What do you dislike?

THe tool serves its current purpose of creating and customizing reports for our user base.

Reporting and Analytics

BusinessObjects review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Great for Reporting"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use and navigate. There are multiple reports already made, saved in easy-to-find folders. What adds the most value is the fact that you can go in and run your report, edit the fields, filter as needed, and then save the data to your favorites folder so it will just be a quick refresh next time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when there are many records the program will run slowly. This happens with most programs, so it's not really an issue. Just be cognizant of how much data is needed and try to filter it down to decrease time spent waiting for an export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for finance teams

financial reporting, master data

BusinessObjects review by Paul H.
Paul H.

"Old BI paradigm"

What do you like best?

Established systems and building platform. Very strong structured reporting for regular output

What do you dislike?

Difficult to change options. Requires specialised expertise. Not end user flexible

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a good platform for end user reporting or data discovery and investigation. If you are producing regular, static unchanging reports, (e.g. monthly performance) this provides a good solution and integrates well with other SAP products

Structured Reporting of monthly results. Once the reports were built it was easily produced each month

BusinessObjects review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Intuitive self-service reporting tool"

What do you like best?

the ability to choose different fields to pull into a report

What do you dislike?

Limitations on selection logic, ie: if you want to pull all records with one of 600 possible values in a field, it is very labor-intensive to build.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes it is easiest to export an unfiltered report and use Excel or SAS to filter it down.

The need for customized reports. We have realized the benefit of having customizable reports.

BusinessObjects review by Dung N.
Dung N.

" SAP BO Review"

What do you like best?

BO suite of development tools include with platform.

What do you dislike?

SAP BO support is protective of escalating problem ticket to developer to expedite resolution.

Product interoperability from one language to another is "buggy".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define standard and QA checklist for all your objects transportation and development. Standardize your authorization hierarchy. Create external monitor to audit your BO environments.

Enterprise reporting, visualization, and discovery requirement from business unit.

BusinessObjects review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Not great for first time userd"

What do you like best?

I like the overall look and ease of data pulling from business objects

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that creating variables and formatting the data set is so complex. Most of the times I download to excel format using Excel.

I currently use this is objects for data mining to query any historical sales for the overall business

BusinessObjects review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Good looking and dynamic reports"

What do you like best?

- Good looking GUI

- Easy to understand interface (drag and drop)

- Speed

- Powerful analytics

What do you dislike?

- Not totally intuitive (ie: need to press the refresh button each time a change is made)

- Need indepth understanding of data to make the most out of the tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Careful implementation is key - although BOBJ brings a new and better user interface, it is still reliant on BEX queries and tweaking legacy BW reports might still be able to serve your business needs.

- Invoice payments statics

- Maintenance orders details

BusinessObjects review by User in Internet

"Very Efficient, but Timing Varies "

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to get reporting that I need and it available in a clear cut format.

What do you dislike?

The timing varies, it can either come within minutes or hours - not very consistent.

Gathering information from a market level or ROI on a client base. It makes it very easy to see when something is going well or needs improvement.

BusinessObjects review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Used for data reporting at previous job"

What do you like best?

The best part of BO is that there are many different cuts of data that can be stored and accessed in one place.

What do you dislike?

Where to start? First of all, the system is very slow and not intuitive at all. Maybe its the way it was set up but it does not provide for a clean and enjoyable user experience. The interface also makes it difficult to export and save reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using something else. Though at first it seems like Business Objects will be implemented to make your life easier, the opposite is true. You will spend long days waiting for the servers to respond, and when they finally do, you most likely will still not have the results you want. Also when it comes time to export your data, the options and process for it is very slow and inefficient. Good luck and I implore you to look elsewhere for your business data needs

The problem being solved is access to data, but this is done extremely inefficiently. The only benefit is multiple user access at the same time.

BusinessObjects review by GP N.
GP N.

"More like a developers tool for adhoc reporting and querying "

What do you like best?

I have mostly used SAP BO 4.1 as web intelligence user, the tool is quite useful for adhoc querying and reporting, provided a robust universe is in place with all relationships.

Relatively easy to create reports, but sometimes syntax/transformation on variable or measures are quite complicated.

Basic drag drop supports and easy scheduling of reports

Custom query support.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if there is a central place to monitor scheduled jobs.

No Auto Save - results rework

Lots of unknown issues and bugs with 4.1, reliability and questionably is bit questionable.

Sub standard dashboard support.

More like a developer tools than an analyst/users tool.

Working with excel and other adhoc files is quite complicated.

Business Intelligence,

Operational reports

Adhoc querying

BusinessObjects review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"A pleasant experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to increase profitability and maintain cash flow is made much easier. The education services it offers is also very beneficial for customers. It aids the efficiency of business intelligence projects. It is easy to use for physical data storage and front-end reporting. It allows for reports to be stored centrally and made available to multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Minor details within the software's color schemes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using it for performance management, planning, reporting, query and analysis, and enterprise information management is most likely the best option for small businesses.

Some business problems addressed via Business Objects are globalizing our business, creating process improvements and improving our research and development team.

BusinessObjects review by Jerry P.
Jerry P.

"Implementing custom Data Warehousing and ad-hoc mining solution for Telco"

What do you like best?

Once setup users found it simple to build all manner of queries, and got quick results.

What do you dislike?

Complex to setup. The universe creation and editing very quickly became difficult due to the complexity of the object model and the object properties. We also found it required a high level of knowledge and skill to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a plethora of data mining solutions available and I would suggest exploring alternatives unless you already have specific skills with Business Objects.

We wanted to eliminate drain on IT department resources in satisfying ad-hoc query requests.

BusinessObjects review by Himanshu T.
Himanshu T.

"BOBJ BI Platform"

What do you like best?

BOBJ BI Platform is being used for Reporting Purposes. We have recently installed BOBJ BI 4.2 SP4 version of the BI Platform.

What do you dislike?

We recently had issues with installation of Add-Ons like SAP Design Studio with BI 4.2 SP4. Hope SAP can resolve those.

Management always look for nice dashboards/reports. BOBJ BI Platform helps in generating nice dashboards and reports.

"Easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation, good GUI, tools are named what they are you don't have to second guess. As a very basic user I knew it could do much more but we didn't. Canned reports were easily navigated through.

What do you dislike?

Not sure what version I used but it could of used some updating. For a basic BI user it was good though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for beginners to get their feet wet.

3rd party user created and ran basic reports. Wish I had more direction to do more with it.

BusinessObjects review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"IT HELPS A LOT TO GET REPORTS FROM BIZZ OBJECTS INSTEAD OF USING THE ONES ON A T-CODE"

What do you like best?

I LIKED HOW EASY IT IS TO USE AND HOW QUICKLY IT RUNS REPORTS.

What do you dislike?

I DON'T LIKE HOW IT STILL HAS A FEW BUGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO THE NEXT COMPANY I WORK FOR IF I LEAVE MY CURRENT POSITION FOR SURE.

I AM CREATING REPORTS TO PREVENT ERRORS ON MY DATA AND HELPS LOAD BOMS ON SAP.

BusinessObjects review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"The perfect tool for our business."

What do you like best?

the organization that provides to our business no matter the complex

What do you dislike?

The software is no common, it must be more popular for the small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the perfect software to improve your business and manage all the tasks with organization.

The organized platform provides us a perfect way to manage all the activities of the business, i realized the following benefits: organization, easy to use, company compatible.

BusinessObjects review by User in Investment Banking
User in Investment Banking

"SAP BO is an amazing business process management tool."

What do you like best?

It is a very good tool for Business Intelligence , Data Visualization and Reporting.It is easy to use and automates the entire process of reporting and MIS.It allows one to analyze the business products.

What do you dislike?

There are integration issues with SAP Business Objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using business objects one of the best tools in market for BI and Data Visualization.

I am currently working on a BI project which involves me to use SAP Business Objects.It is user friendly and solves big business problems efficiently.

BusinessObjects review by User in Logistics and Supply Chain
User in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Quick and Easy to Personalize and Use"

What do you like best?

I liked the way that you are able to personal the different search functions to find reports especially for you.

What do you dislike?

When first using BI4, it was a bit confusing on what all the tabs and options were, things weren't spelled out very clearly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this has got to be the fastest platform I have used. I recommend it, just takes some practice to really see what all it can do.

I use this mainly to look into our supplier spends and in looking up specific to see the order quantities and potential future resources.

BusinessObjects review by Toni S.
Toni S.

"Business Objects for both large and small businesses. "

What do you like best?

Business Objects are ideal for any business both big and small.

What do you dislike?

The interface doesn’t have any problems that I can see. Maybe it can be geared for smaller companies who don’t need all of the extra bells and whistles.

All business matters can be solved if they fit the appropriate program.

BusinessObjects review by User

"Easy to use interface"

What do you like best?

As SAP BusinessObjects BI has improved over the years it has become much easier to use to build reports that are helpful to the business.

What do you dislike?

This may be a corporate admin setting, but the web application is inconsistent in when it automatically logs me out after a period of inactivity. Sometimes it’s only a few minutes, others half an hour or more.

It provides a robust platform for creating reports that are able to provide statistics quickly for trends over various periods of time.

BusinessObjects review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Great software for running reports!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to run report. Easy user interface. Also fairly simple to edit and change report prompts.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about Business objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple for the average user to use.

We now have a way to get analytic reporting of all areas of our business at a touch of a button. The reporting is real-time and very effective for our company.

BusinessObjects review by sanjeev anand s.
sanjeev anand s.

"User full product for End user reporting"

What do you like best?

Easy to integrate wtih SAP HANA for quick reporting needs

Supports webi , analytic office and SAP LUMIRA reporting needs

What do you dislike?

Need more flexibility in communicating with multiple databases for reporting

Reporting for Endusers in easier way and flexible for them to run their own queries based on data sources

BusinessObjects review by Administrator

"12 Years of Great Reporting and Analytics"

What do you like best?

We can rely on SAP BusinessObjects to provide our users with a great reporting and analytics tool. The ability to create the semantic layer through universes gives the users access to data they understand and can easily use Webi to create their day-to-day reports that they can schedule or burst out.

What do you dislike?

The server and client software takes a long time to install!

Access to data without having to request DBAs to generate queries and provide results. Organizations are able to create and share their reports.

BusinessObjects review by Viral S.
Viral S.

"visual strong tood - business boject"

What do you like best?

OLAP analysis, webi and lumira are best in all BO tools

What do you dislike?

Xcelsius should be much developer friendly and should be accessible smoothly from different data sources

many critical reports with having huge complex formula are created in Webi

User in Insurance

"Good overall suite for large BI organization"

What do you like best?

The product suite includes a reporting tool (web intelligence), visual data exploration (Lumira), and BI app (Design Studio). Universes are also the best semantic/intermediary layer tool out there. Business Objects BI Suite is the most complete suite of BI tools to meet all of the organization's BI needs.

What do you dislike?

Expensive licensing.

Still missing extensions for embedded BI and extranet deployments.

Able to deploy data and answers to common business questions right in the hands of the business. BI apps able custom "BI systems" for roles to manage their operations and self-serve web intelligence reports allow users to answer hundreds of business questions (for a well designed report).

BusinessObjects review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Biotechnology
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Biotechnology

"great visualization / reporting tool"

What do you like best?

The collection of tools available for meeting different business needs

What do you dislike?

The price factor to get the new tools added to an existing installation / license

We currently use Business Objects for scheduling of webi reports, for analysis for office ad hoc reporting and also sales trend reporting through explorer

BusinessObjects review by Margaret P.
Margaret P.

"Easy to use and seamless integration"

What do you like best?

Business objects is easy to use to view, sort and analyze business intelligence transactional data. The query focus is seamless. Overall visualization tools are OK.

What do you dislike?

The drag and drop functionality provides a minimum restriction at times. Visualization can sometimes be a bit difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial and play around with it.

Main focus is sales optimization. The analytics performed using Business Objects have provided sales insight for products and services.

"Biz Objects"

What do you like best?

Makes reporting and exporting reports very quick and easy

What do you dislike?

Load times can be slow and the raw data exported must be heavily formatted before sharing externally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool - gets the job done when it come to exporting data fast.

Exporting data, reporting for customers

BusinessObjects review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Works great for our needs"

What do you like best?

Works great as our interface to print our work orders

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything about it that needs improvement.

It allows us to print the work orders that are generated by our asset management software.

BusinessObjects review by Luca C.
Luca C.

"An expensive but professional BI Platform"

What do you like best?

If you want to adopt a good business intelligence platform, and you have available budget and know-how , I find its tools very efficient.

Not bad the management console for management and delpoying reports and dashboards.

Good the security management too.

What do you dislike?

I did not find it very easy management of universes, I don't really like Excelsius.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BO solution is quite expensive.

Were developed several Business Intelligence solutions with the help of Crystal Reports, Universes, Excelsius, expending time quickly enough.

BusinessObjects review by Marty E.
Marty E.

"SAP Business Objects"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating dashboards and intelligent reports from multiple applications. Consolidated data.

What do you dislike?

As will all integration systems the data transformation is cumbersome with non-SAP application data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend for SAP Customers.

We have used this to consolidate reporting from the multiple applications.

BusinessObjects review by Administrator

"Very fast and effecient"

What do you like best?

Our users are very happy about the product. The have quickly adapted the technology, and we have recently doubled our number of licenses. Very sought after report functionalities.

What do you dislike?

Design and implementing the product was a hassle. Choosing the right infrastructure etc. was not as easy as expected can. even our integrator had different preferences between themselves.

Reporting that used to be manually and tiresome. Now we get it with a click of a button, sort of anyways.

"Power and flexibility"

What do you like best?

BusinessObjects allows us to quickly analyze our data, so that we can find trends, anomalies, and drill-down on any particular datapoints.

What do you dislike?

Some features seem overly complex to set up and configure.

We can gain almost real-time access to information.

BusinessObjects review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"SAP Business Objects is Okay"

What do you like best?

The data abilities are decent and you can get to the data you need.

What do you dislike?

It takes too long to run reports and is sometimes difficult to use multiple universes.

Mostly doing analysis for supply chain. I can get the data I need to support other departments and customers

BusinessObjects review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Sap Products are very helpful and consistent"

What do you like best?

the sales support does help. the team is usually gets me answers. Also even though support doesn't answer quickly usually its the correct answers.

What do you dislike?

soemtimes the sales support lacks answering in a timely manner.

they help me solve my business needs.

BusinessObjects review by Sivakumar K.
Sivakumar K.

"Powerful Universe inheritence"

What do you like best?

The concept of inheritence from master and derived universes looks cool.

What do you dislike?

Limitations of the desktop intelligence for unable to write our own queries on a filter.

We are able to deliver numerous dynamic reports by using this options.

BusinessObjects review by Tejaswi R.
Tejaswi R.

"Universe makes it easy to find data"

What do you like best?

In a complex data model the Universe makes it easy to find the correct joins.

What do you dislike?

Integration with different sources does not always play nice.

Creating Reports on the Fly and scheduling them in CMC

BusinessObjects review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Manageable, organized data for Business"

What do you like best?

Data is streamlined and consistently organized

What do you dislike?

The program is slightly complicated to learn how to use. However, once you are trained, it is fairly easy to understand and organize your data

Transparency in supply chain tracking

BusinessObjects review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Business object Tool Set"

What do you like best?

Bussiness object is a group of tool set. You can use tool as per your business requirement. There are multiple tool.

What do you dislike?

You need to have additional Business Object server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is bundle of tool set. If your User is excel savvy then you can use Analysis . If they want Visualization then Go for Lumira. Which is part on BO tool set.

It is we are using, for reporting, data analysis and data visualization.

"BO Web-Based Version"

What do you like best?

Ability to schedule reports to run and export to a directory.

What do you dislike?

The web based version seems to be slow and a bit clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Business Objects is a useful platform, but may take some time to understand the inner workings.

We utilize Business Objects for reporting as this is the only software we have liscensed to extract data from our accounting system.

BusinessObjects review by Chandra K.
Chandra K.

"Reporting operational and analytical data and the ease of reporting made simple is the best part,"

What do you like best?

Web I, Crystal reports, BI Lauch pad, the ease of working with the tool.

What do you dislike?

Issues with BW connections in the earlier versions of 4.0

Profit margin analysis, complex push reports, value realization and business improvements.

BusinessObjects review by Consultant in Biotechnology
Consultant in Biotechnology

"BI Security"

What do you like best?

I am currently working with SAP BI as SAP security team.

ability to query a large database of data

Adhoc reporting

What do you dislike?

limitations around how much data it can crunch

More data can be handled by HANA but that is very Expensive

resource heavy to run even a small query

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is very expensive product, install only if you have need for adhoc reporting

Simple as SALES adhoc reporting and greater visibility

"Easy to create reports"

What do you like best?

It's easy to build reports with the BO tool, drag and drop entities you need once you create/choose the right database/universe

What do you dislike?

Can't cross reference between universes or databases if information you need is not built in the same environment, then you have to build a whole new table to bring all of the data together

running quick reports when needed, doesn't have to go to an IT resource all the time for reports

BusinessObjects review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Great platform for analytics."

What do you like best?

It is upgraded often with all users in mind.

What do you dislike?

It still has features that are not the easiest to use or are not as intuitive as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With SAP focusing heavily on this software and hana this will be the way to go for dashboard and analytics needs in the future along with hana.

Creating new solutions for clients to help them with their needs in many areas of business

BusinessObjects review by Kenny S.
Kenny S.

"Biggest bang for our executives"

What do you like best?

creates reports that are easily consumable by our executives

What do you dislike?

a whole lot of systems need to be installed for this one product

executives needed a user friendly report to show how business is doing.

BusinessObjects review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Business Objects"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and ease of dropping in attributes and filters.

What do you dislike?

Limit to number of items that can be used in a filter - need to up that.

We have automated and streamlined shipments from DSCs with this.

BusinessObjects review by Denise S.
Denise S.

"Satisfied Customer"

What do you like best?

What I really like about this product is that is provides historical analystics for business decisions

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the complexity of identifying the correct data elements for the reports

Understanding our business

BusinessObjects review by Alejandro T.
Alejandro T.

"Basis Admin"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of our reports and the help we provide to our users.

What do you dislike?

Graphical interface is very poor, we would like more options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool!

I am working in analytics issues

BusinessObjects review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Reliable Centralized Program "

What do you like best?

Data is reliably in consistent locations and easy to identify. Fields give you list of values if value is unknown. Easy to see real time changes and activities. Document flow is easy to monitor and track within the doc flow.

What do you dislike?

Calculations can at times be inconsistent and unpredictable. System has trouble interacting with other systems if integrating multiple platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend lots of time investigating how it will interact with other platforms if you have existing systems or implementing other platforms.

N/A

BusinessObjects review by Sheikh Y.
Sheikh Y.

"Busiuness OBJ"

What do you like best?

Dash board and data presentation. Shows all the data in a graphical way.

What do you dislike?

Tracing capability for user activity, building access level, find appropriate access for user.

Data analysis for our brand.

BusinessObjects review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Strong reporting framework for all users"

What do you like best?

SAP BO provides a strong reporting framework, best suited for report writers, but palatable to new reporting analysts and consumers.

What do you dislike?

SAP products are some of the priciest on the market and the price point can deter clients from implementing reporting solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several reporting solutions on the market that are giving SAP a run for their money. Consider all possible options before investing in a long-term reporting solution.

Healthcare and RCM reporting. Benefits include the ability to train and certify a reporting analyst within just a matter of weeks.

"Everything in 1"

What do you like best?

Easy to access. It computed everything and summarized everything like sales. Simple settings.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can't think of since it has everything that we need.

The Infos are easy to search.

BusinessObjects review by Ettore S.
Ettore S.

"Very powerfull"

What do you like best?

A complete tool for your business intelligence. It helps you to control, discover your huge datas. A what-if analisys is also included as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. That's all you can ask. Maybe some implementation with commun software (mailchimp, prestashop...)

All problemes or benefits you can think, from telco to bank all is possible

Learning about SAP BusinessObjects BI?

* We monitor all SAP BusinessObjects BI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.