4.0
(3,071)

Concur travel, expense and invoice management services work with enterprise resource planning (ERP), human resources and accounting systems to consolidate data and create a single, connected process for managing your organization’s spend.

Work for SAP Concur?

Learning about SAP Concur?

SAP Concur Reviews

Ask SAP Concur a Question
Showing 3,114 SAP Concur reviews
SAP Concur review by Ruby V.
Ruby V.
View Original

"Concur"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAP Concur
SAP Concur review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization
View Original

"Not easy to use"

What Expense Management solution do you use?

SAP Concur review by Erika  O.
Erika O.

"Simple way for me to track my travel and spending"

What do you like best?

This is an easy way for me to book and track personal and business travel through my company. It aggregates my receipts, helping to generate my expense reimbursement. The approval process is smoother than the paper signatures and intercampus mail option we used to use.

What do you dislike?

Initial use was very confusing, and training was of little help. Through practice, the processes in the program became more simple, but initially, it did not feel user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have never had a system to manage travel and expenses, this is a great product to streamline the processes you may already have in place. The collection or ability to book and manage travel, as well as generate approvals and expense reimbursement documents, makes this ideal, especially when working with traveling professors, who like the ability to manage everything through their cellphone.

This is much easier to track receipts and expenses than before. Before many people would loose receipts, or have issues with outside booked flight, and this keeps all the processes from booking to reimbursement together.

SAP Concur review by User

"Meets needs. not user friendly"

What do you like best?

that it meets the requirements of my needs, my companies needs, and the needs of others that I work with. I can use it, my boss can use it, my colleagues can use it, and we can all use it as needed. More about what I like? Okay, well I like that it can get the job done. Really. It's quite reliable. In fact, if you find a better expense management solution, let me know. I'd be curious to know. I also like that is has an app. I can use the app to take pictures of receipts that contain the details of expenses I have. It's quite nifty. I recommend trying the app if you get this solution.

What do you dislike?

it is not very user friendly. for example, there are a lot of errors that will occur. it will auto-populate a name for the report with characters that are not allowed in the title field. I think the characters that are not allowed are parentheses and or slashes. Basically, it will auto-populate the title field with text like "Expense Report for (9/18)" or something like that when I go to the new expense report page and so the page immediately starts with several errors. It is quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend seeing if you can find a different solution that is more user friendly than SAP Concur

there is a need for a solution to manages expenses.

SAP Concur review by julianna j.
julianna j.

"Easy to Use and upload reciepts and calculate mileage"

What do you like best?

I like the mileage feature. You can type the address and then the next destination and it tells you the exact distance in miles. Also uploading receipts are really easy to upload and attach to the expense report.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I dislike once I got used to the program. I did have an issue once where I tried to copy a expense because I couldn't figure out how to delete it and it the originally didn't really delete and my supervisor received both expense reports and had to call me in his office to ask why I was trying to expense something twice. Obviously it was a misunderstanding of the program and one of the first times I ever used it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

have someone knowledgeable walk you thru set up!

being able to easily expense travel expenses like mileage, food and entertainment for clients at the click of a button is a complete time saver! They even have an app so it makes the same ease available at your fingertips if you aren't in the office!

SAP Concur review by Ted D.
Ted D.

"Poor software and worse support"

What do you like best?

Taking pictures of receipts with the app usually works

What do you dislike?

70-80% of Amex transactions come in mis-categorized, i.e. American Airlines = Meals, Marriott Hotels = Meals, etc. Support blames this on AA and Marriott. Receipts can show up in seconds or days - no way of predicting. I refuse to use their travel service after one of their people "helpfully" changed a flight that was very intentionally booked with a changeable ticket because return date was uncertain. Generally a clunky and inefficient UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run! Run, far away.

Travel and expenses - as a user it's 100% a train wreck, new problems and nothing solved. 70-80% of Amex transactions come in mis-categorized, i.e. American Airlines = Meals, Marriott Hotels = Meals, etc. Support blames this on AA and Marriott. Receipts can show up in seconds or days - no way of predicting. I refuse to use their travel service after one of their people "helpfully" changed a flight that was very intentionally booked with a changeable ticket because return date was uncertain.

SAP Concur review by Cal T.
Cal T.

"Does a great job of managing your travel - but doesn't provide ALL the options on flights."

What do you like best?

I like that if I cancel a trip it cancels all my reservations regarding that trip - so one button to cancel equals several buttons to cancel all aspects of the trip.

It does a great job with Itinerary Management and Trip Notifications. I can easily put these on my calendar and the reminders are excellent.

In one case I ended up in the hospital and had to cancel a trip. Their travel agent got my ticket reimbursed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can find more flight options by going to the carrier. I think that if a flight is offered Concur should show that to me. (What there is no commission for that flight? To bad, show it to me anyway. I've taken several screen shots where this is the case and sent them in. I think their commissions are too important to "give away" flights. Again, to bad, that is why we PAY for Concur.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

There might be some other less expensive products, but this is easy to use and does a great job matching travel with expenses.

Problem: Keeping track of all the travel and associating it with expenses.

Benefits: Less time pulling the two together.

Problem: Keeping employees on top of their travel

Benefit: The itinerary management and the mobil app Trip It does a great job of organizing trips and notifying users of what is next on the itineraray. Any updates by the airlines are also passed on. Great one stop shop for travel.

SAP Concur review by Glynis M.
Glynis M.

"SIMPLE EXPENSE MANAGEMENT"

What do you like best?

I like Concur because it makes my management of expenses very easy. You can access it via your web browser or on the app that you install on your phone. It makes my business life easier by having all receipts, travel itineraries and expenses in one place. It reduces the amount of time spent on approving expenses since everything is online. Concur is an absolute great product!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything in particular that I don't like, however, I would like to be able to change allocations within the approval process without having our Accounting department do them for me. That would make things alot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you use Concur you won't be able to imagine your life without it!

We are able to track expenses without paper! Concur allows us to view and manage the travel of our volunteers where many staff can have access. Concur gives me the flexibility of training my volunteer users or providing them with web links that provide training. If I do the training, I am able to do so quickly and easily. Concur is also perfect for the novice computer user because everything is so simplified. With the use of Concur, our company had reduced the cost of the time in which it takes to process each expense reimbursement and now our volunteers are able to log into Concur and schedule their own travel which saves staff alot of time. Approvals used to take approximately 20 minutes per expense reimbursement now that time has been shaved down to 10 minutes per expense reimbursement. All staff has at one point raved about how convienent and useful Concur is. We are also able to track how much each volunteer us spending per trip or for an entire group of volunteers. It is a tool that now we can't imagine living without. It also allows staff to devote their time to other projects.

SAP Concur review by Chris I.
Chris I.

"Very Easy Expense Management"

What do you like best?

The mobile app for Concur makes keeping track of my business expenses very easy. I can even snap a picture of the receipts to have the uploaded instantly. I can add items to my report as they occurr and not have to worry about building a report afterwards. It is very clear where the reports will go for approval and also shows exactly where the submitted reports are in the approval pipeline. I receive my reimbursements within 2 days as a direct deposit and have very little hassle with this tool. Our corporate credit cards also integrate to have every purchase automatically load in Concur as an expense. This makes it very easy to create the report and only have to worry about the classification and receipt image.

What do you dislike?

The login procedure to get the mobile app working is difficult at first as it looks for a different password than you use on the main site. You first need to sign into the desktop site and create a mobile pin to use for the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We pay a fee for every expense report submitted, so its best to add all expenses into one report to send.

Expense tracking, receipt uploads. Expense reimbursements.

SAP Concur review by Zoe N.
Zoe N.

"Concur makes managing travel expenses easier"

What do you like best?

This software is a process optimizer. For anyone who travels for work and is required to save their receipts on charges associated with their company card, this platform and app is the way to go. With the app, all you have to do is take a photo of the receipt on your phone through the app and it automatically uploads it to your concur account, which makes processing easier and eliminates the risk of losing the receipt with no back-up.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing to use at times if you're not 100% familiar with it. It was impossible for me to search and find a help page for processing deposit vouchers, but I eventually found it on my own. Would have been nice to be able to search "deposit voucher" on the site and have something come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be helpful to have a few more video tutorials on the aspects of the site not covered in the current tutorials. Or better yet, having a digital "how to" that walks you into the processes, screen by screen, while simultaneously directing you to the next step.

Travel expense processing, reimbursements, process optimization.

SAP Concur review by Jacqueline W.
Jacqueline W.

"Great for Company Travel!"

What do you like best?

I like that there is an app. It is much easier to upload pictures straight from your phone instead of having to send them to an email, save them and then upload them. I also really enjoy the feature that groups common items together as a trip such as hotels, flights and car rental.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an easier way to pay for personal expenses. I don't think that if you're going to pay for something yourself that you should be required to submit the expenses in a report still.

I am able to see where expenses are allocated. Instead of saying that I spent so much in one month, I am able to dig deeper and determine how much was spent on what. Also, it helps break down if something was bought as apart of a budget or as a business expense.

SAP Concur review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Concur helps my business expense reporting"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite features from SAP Concur is the mobile phone app. I have an iPhone and I use the app to take photos of my receipts. The best part is that the saved receipts automatically match the receipt with the expense from my corporate credit card.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike while using SAP concur on the computer, is that there are unnecessary tabs and pages for organizing everything. I sometimes get lost while trying to navigate the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the mobile phone app!

SAP concur helps me solve organizing and reporting my business expenses (mainly for business travel). The most beneficial thing is how much time I save buy using it. As I mentioned in the question above, the app's ability to take receipt photos and match them to corporate card expenses is very helpful.

SAP Concur review by Veronica D.
Veronica D.

"Okay product but needs improvements"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of having all of our travel and expense information in one place. It makes it easier for my sales team to go in and submit expenses as well as have their travel confirmation all in one place

What do you dislike?

Several things:

1- Sometimes an airfare is no longer valid. Several times, within seconds of looking it up and then hitting the "purchase" button, I have gotten an error message for that airfare, even though the old price still shows up when searching for it.

2- Some of the things I was promised when we signed up for Concur Expense was not fulfilled. For example, the owner of the company should not need to have his expense reports approved. Yet, I am unable to submit his expense reports through Concur because there's no one assigned to approve it and I can't approve it since I'm the one submitting it. When we signed up, we were told this would be unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that the software is compatible with other accounting software. For us, we use a particular accounting software that we found out later Concur was not compatible with for some of our companies.

Benefits are the ability of having all the information consolidated in one place (as far as travel and expenses) so it works well for most of my team (except the owners)

SAP Concur review by Andrew W.
Andrew W.

"Concur - Great for Travel & Expense Management"

What do you like best?

I like that by using concur our travel and expenses are all in one place as opposed to before when we had a separate portal for expenses. It is also very convenient that any travel you book through concur those receipts are automatically attached to the expenses saving you the time of having to go find a receipt and upload it for those expenses. The app also makes it easy to store receipt images as you get them and then be able to attach them to expenses once they become available instead of having to worry about losing a receipt.

What do you dislike?

The biggest complaint I have is that it will say some expenses are duplicate when they aren't because I bought the same coffee which cost the same price twice that day. This is easily solved though by adding a comment to the expense, so no major complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As someone who uses it to book travel and submit expenses on a near weekly basis it is a great tool that made managing both of these easier. Especially, by utilizing concur for both travel booking and expense management because then those travel elements are automatically matched to the expense.

The business problem being solved is managing travel and expenses. The benefit is by using concur it is all in one place which makes it much easier to manage and travel items booked through the portal are automatically matched to the expense once it shows up.

SAP Concur review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"A Rich Expense Tool"

What do you like best?

Concur is a very solid expense reporting tool our company has switched too recently and, although there are still some growing pangs in the app, the overall software is very well developed. the best thing about this software, aside from allowing photos to be uploaded and saved for future use within the app, is that it has a robust ability to be assigned to GL codes for expensing; these can then be selected by the user who has access to them based on their role/level within the company.

What do you dislike?

If utilizing the computer version of the software photos obviously need uploaded from an outside source (unless your computer is a mobile that has a camera like the Surface). This causes me to use the mobile app on the phone for most of my expenses. The iOS App is very clean in design and easy to use, except for adding participants/deeper business information. When creating the expense i fill out all required information, but when converting expenses into an Expense Report more information for each expense is required (that could have been captured and inserted upon creating the expense). The biggest nuisance is adding attendees for business lunches; if it was a big group this could be time consuming.

Attaching expenses to the correct GL codes with a mobile and computer based software that is intuitive.

SAP Concur review by Becca B.
Becca B.

"Concur makes expenses easy"

What do you like best?

I love how simple Concur is. All of my boss's expenses are laid out in a way that makes it easy for me to organize and pay. It's very user-friendly and makes paying expenses an easier task than it was previously.

What do you dislike?

I've only been using Concur for a few months, but so far there is nothing that I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend switching from whatever program you currently use to Concur. It seriously made expensing SO much easier and made me a more productive assistant. I used to occasionally miss payments before because I was confused on when they were due, but I've never missed a payment with Concur. Everyone I work with likes this program so much more than our last one. Even people who aren't the most computer savvy have said how easy it is to use! Our company told us to watch a video to understand how to use Concur, but I didn't need to because it was so intuitive on its own. Highly recommend to any business that does travel and expense reports! I actually look forward to turning in my reports each month because it's a fun system!

Concur makes doing my boss's travel and expense reports very simple. We used a very antiquated way before so Concur has been a huge improvement.

SAP Concur review by Divyansh A.
Divyansh A.

"A Convenient System"

What do you like best?

Concur is easy to use, and integrates seamlessly with the data from other users. For instance, it is very easy to add additional people in my company as reviewers or for administrative oversight over a particular matter.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that uploads to Concur are sometimes tricky. For example, if I'm uploading a pdf or receipt image, one has to save the entry before uploading additional files. It would be great if multiple files occur be uploaded and attached at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Concur is very user-friendly and they support staff are helpful. I once called them about adding a colleague as a supervisor/reviewer on a transaction and that conversation was quick and smooth!

I use Concur to collect spending information from employees/colleagues. It is very easy to see the trail flow and keep track of past reports for everyone in the company!

SAP Concur review by SIDDHARTH M.
SIDDHARTH M.

"Concur - Travel management"

What do you like best?

The search options is really simple, user friendly and direct.

Immediately approve or reject expense via manager access

What do you dislike?

Too many clicks for confirmation of the booking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend all users to go with Concur because it is very easy and convenient to use. Different travel companies could be made to work with the concur website.

The mobile application is also very well designed and makes it very portable to use. I have done hotel, rental car and flight booking completely through the mobile application under few minutes.

The other filters options like airline for flights, time of departure, number of stops, segregation by airline is very good.

Similarly you do have the option of choosing hotel superchains or the individual hotel to pick from.

Laslty, you do option of setting thresholds for the booking amount and how much could be spent and the travel management becomes more linear this way.

Concur makes it advantageous and consistent to track, examine, and report about business travel spending. A cost can be quickly recorded and endorsed by taking a photo of receipts. It can likewise consolidate electronic receipts of carriers, inns, eateries, and ground transportation administrations, and additionally Mastercard buys. Besides, the module can incorporate with big business asset arranging information for more prominent perceivability of your financial plan and cost.

Concur is one stop solution for booking flight, hotel and rental car on the single website. It is very linear and properly streamlined.

SAP Concur review by Colleen M.
Colleen M.

"A decent invoicing, expense and travel tool for my company "

What do you like best?

Ease of use in certain areas. I'm able to use the mobile app to quickly take a picture of a receipt and upload it to a report. Some aspects of expensing can be easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Itemizing hotels! I'm not sure if this is just in my company, or if everyone has to do this, but we have to itemize each night at a hotel for all the different taxes and fees. Instead of just saying 5 nights was a total of 700, you have to say night 1 was 120 for the room, 5.60 for the city tax, 2.80 for an occupancy tax, 3.00 for state tax, etc. etc. for each night! It's unnecessarily time-consuming. Another annoyance is that not all of the flights I see on Google flights or Expedia will show up in Concur. Not sure why, and sometimes if I really want that flight, I need to call them to have them book it for me. Which of course takes a long time and costs the company about $20 each time I call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your company properly implements and sets up Concur. Perhaps this software has more potential if properly set up. I'm not sure.

We use Concur for both travel booking, expensing, and invoicing. Overall it's not terrible, but I wouldn't say it's the most user-friendly.

SAP Concur review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"Frustration and Headaches "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the fact that Concur will allow me to upload a receipt from a picture through connecting to google drive to make it easy. I'd highly recommend taking a picture of your receipt right after you use it so you don't lose it.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest issues for me is that it flags errors when there are none. It slows down the process of completing expense reports and usually involves me researching or trying to find someone who can assist. It usually becomes a very poor use of time at work once a month. Additionally, everytime that I do a concur report, I end up spending anywhere from 30-75 minutes for me to complete the report. Although that doesn't seem like a long time, it can be very tedious once per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend attending a training that your company can walk you through with a computer. I'd also recommend someone walking you through it the first time that you use it.

The problems we are solving is helping us to reimburse travel and receipt spending. Benefits include matching the receipt to the expense. But, most of the time it creates new problems for me. It does send reminders so that you dont forget which is helpful.

SAP Concur review by Austin H.
Austin H.

"Great tool for managing expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the online system, and the app you can access on the go. I like that all expenses through your company card appear in the system, and you simply have to allocated it the right expense report. It makes it very easy to make business purchases and keep track on them all through Concur.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult at first to learn the system and how to complete an expense each time. Some of the chart fields were confusing at first. But after a week, it wasn't a problem anymore. Also, the overall layout is less streamlined than other software, and could use a refreshment and cleaning up.

This is a useful tool to help Cru manage their finances, coming from different staff on different campuses all across the country and world. It helps the finance team channel all expenses made in the field, coming through a single system. It also allows them to have a single channel with which to control expenses and accept/reject them. It also allows us to help control potential issues with the IRS, and ensure that our expenses are being verified and recorded.

SAP Concur review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Much better than filling out spreasheets"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Concur is that it integrates with third parties. For example, whenever I select my business profile in Uber, it automatically adds all of the information to an expense report in Concur. I only have to go in to confirm everything is correct and submit the report.

What do you dislike?

Concurr has a tendency to add duplicates of charges, I think it may be caused by reissued receipts, but I'm not sure. It's not a huge deal as it's easy enough to delete the extra entries, but it's still annoying.

Our old method of getting reimbursed was to fill out a spreadsheet printing it and attaching any receipts. With Concur, many charges auto-populate, the expense codes are pre-loaded into the system, and receipts are digitally added so it is a much simpler process.

SAP Concur review by Yaolin Z.
Yaolin Z.

"Reimbursement with a headache"

What do you like best?

There is an opportunity to book slightly cheaper hotels if your institution has negotiated rates with them (e.g., government rate)

What do you dislike?

The system will flag errors or warnings where none should exist. The system is cumbersome and requires you to upload every single receipt individually. Once attached, sometimes they appear in an available receipt section, but other times they do not. It is unclear when they will show up in that section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is appropriate in concept, but in practice it was poorly implemented at our institution where users were not given adequate training. It is also a poor use of employee time and resources to be doing the tedious process of entering everything into Concur as requested. The components that are used to book flights and hotels are fine, but it is the reimbursement part that is a very big pain and has caused me a lot of head ache. I have used Concur in the past at a different institution and did not seem to have the same issues as I have had here.

Reimbursement for travel was the purpose our institution switched to Concur. It was supposed to make the process faster and smoother, but I have not observed this. My first reimbursement was rejected because I had a $3 tip that apparently was not acceptable because it should have been part of my per diem. Unfortunately this meant the entire submission got rejected.

SAP Concur review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Track movements on the go"

What do you like best?

When I get in my car I just open the app and hit start. It tracks my physical location to and from offices and then when I am done I hit complete and log into my laptop and all my mileage is there ready to be put into one easy report.

What do you dislike?

While I used the tracking mode I had to stop to fuel up and it stopped tracking the rest of the trip before I realized it. I had to go back and manually add the routes, not a big deal but maybe a glitch in the system.

We used to have to use an excel spreadsheet to track miles with our offices and now we have a simple app to use that eliminates hassle and time!

SAP Concur review by Brandon P.
Brandon P.

"Travelling Paperless"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Concur is it's biggest selling point - the ability to snap a picture of my receipts while on a business trip, and submitting my expense reports electronically directly to my finance team. Having my travel preferences and personal card information added to the system ensures I can book travel quickly and easily, and any payments made with my personal card are reimbursed quickly.

What do you dislike?

The interface for the Concur mobile app, while highly functional, can have a slight learning curve for non-technical users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you deal with a lot of expense reports and employees that travel, Concur would be a good fit for you - fees are based on the number of expense reports generated by employees.

Before, our company would submit paper expense reports, with receipts stapled to the expense report. Depending on the length of the business trip, this would create a lot of paper mess - along with an decreased likelihood of lost receipts making it back to the office after a trip. With Concur, receipts can be captured the moment they are handed to the employee and uploaded into the Concur cloud - which can then be matched directly on an expense report.

SAP Concur review by Sasha R.
Sasha R.

"Great system for managing travel and expense "

What do you like best?

Concur is a very user friendly for submitting receipts from my business purchasing card and booking travel for myself and guests we bring to campus uploading receipts for our business manager to review and create reports is a breeze and fhensitendoes not feel clunky at all.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have ever had is with trying to get the app to link with the site and my account so I am unable to scan receipts via my cell phone and upload that way at this time. H owever,customer support has been responsive and it working to address it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a sleek and user friendly site for managing purchases and booking travel.

This site allows me to easily track purchasing card usage and alleviate the load on our office business manager. Because I am able to scan and upload my own receipts and review reports it speeds the administrative process along. In addition it gives me the ability to book travel and our business manager to see and track without having to do it themselves.

SAP Concur review by mark b.
mark b.

"Many issues, lacking support, delaying critical pay back of ones own money"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of an intelligent travel expense tool, unfortunately concur is not

What do you dislike?

lots of small issues making it very cumbersome to use, like the slow updates of pictures of receipts between mobile app and website. always end up having to use both app and website and the overall process takes longer than old expense claim and you lose transparency of the process, old expense claim process has worked fine the 20 years I've been working in 9 different countries. simple update issues inside the app when adding pictures, having to save the info and then it forgets the setting of eg.meal reimburse. When having issues, slow and sometimes useless support, having the request to escalate ignored. Currently having 5 expenses tracking 5 month back, with thousands of my dollars outstanding. high amounts of complaints about the reports when send in that turns out to be both inconsistent and baseless, of course this likely goes to my companies review team not knowing or understanding the frustration having to deal with long dialogs about petty cash issues, delaying the pay back your own money.

non, just creating new ones.

SAP Concur review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Great Expense Report Software"

What do you like best?

Emailing Receipts and Approvals to the system. Automatically pulling in the card transactions that I need to reconcile. Predictive text fields help fill in redundant fields that are the same across each expense I reconcile.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to upload .msg files as attachments. The email function for receipts can be slow at times (taking 5-10 minutes), so I don't see why I can't just upload the .msg file. Some times the email receipt option strips everything out of the email you need because it picks up on a picture of attachment.

The report library for reviewing archives, should open each report in a new window, so if the expense you are trying to find is not in report A, you can easily open B

Recommendations to others considering the product

The App and app features really have helped employees become more efficient when doing expense reports

Efficiency of expense reports. before a user would need to be here internally in network or on VPN to access ERP. This ties into it, so a user can do their expenses on the fly on their smart phone. They can take a picture of a receipt, and upload it in the app, or email it to concur. They don't have to download them to computer, and remember to upload them..

SAP Concur review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"Concur makes it easy!"

What do you like best?

The software being mobile, makes it easy for people to want to enter the receipts when they get them. It also has a web portal where users can use from their PC. Having the choice or mobile or PC is very important. Not all users are mobile. Don't have to save receipts in my bag anymore. Take a photo, then save the receipt.

It really is that easy.

----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- --------- ----- --- ---- --- ---- ---- --- ---- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -- --- --- --- ------- -- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- ---- -- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- --

What do you dislike?

The software works well, the only issue is double entry for business comments. When entering a receipt, you need to put a business reason, you then add the receipt to a report. You have to enter the business purpose again. I have a lot of mobile users. Would have been very nice to implement mileage tracking too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do highly recommend it. It is very easy to use. It will please event the most picky users.

Being able to better categorize. No more late reports. Connections very easy to our field service users. I think it was nice to have it close.

My accounting department is so much happier.

SAP Concur review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"Solid travel management tool!"

What do you like best?

Mobile app is very easy to use. I can quickly book travel as needed. When I'm on the road I am constantly entering expenses. I find it's easiest for me to enter all expenses using the app. Then, I will double check the expense report from my computer before submitting the report.

What do you dislike?

Searching for airfares is quite powerful, but one thing I would love to see is easier support for searching with multiple departure/arrival cities. This can be a pain sometimes due to how it currently works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every travel tool will have similar capabilities, as well as their own specific nuances. I have used many tools and have found Concur to be a solid tool! The mobile app especially is awesome, and continues to get better.

I travel nearly every week. Being able to have one place to manage all of my bookings and expenses is great! I can see all of my trips and their itineraries with ease. Managing multiple expense reports is not a problem. Also, I can see and approve my team's expense reports while I'm at it.

SAP Concur review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Benefits outweigh occasional glitches"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, takes little time to capture and enter expenses and even submit entire expense reports through website, phone, or other mobile device.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it can't connect, so I have to upload the same image a few times to get it to work or just have to walk away and try again later. A little difficult to research flights; we end up searching in Kayak or other tool and then coming into Concur to book the flight -- sometimes it is time consuming to find the flight (have to manipulate so many search parameters to get flight to appear, and even when it does, sometimes the price is considerably higher, not due to Concur but the travel agency to which it's linked, likely).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is convenient and will help record and submit expenses.

I've lost receipts lots of times on the road, and with Concur I snap a photo and upload an image of the receipt immediately, saving headache and money.

SAP Concur review by CARLA A.
CARLA A.

"Sometimes difficult to use"

What do you like best?

You can easily upload images of receipts, and upload mileage reports. I have always had to submit reports by hand, so this application is very easy and quick to use.

What do you dislike?

The mileage calculator does not always allow me to chose my location. Sometimes I have to log in multiple times to get it to work. This is the only issue so far that I have had with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone walk you through the product first. It is easier to understand it that way.

Its easy to record my business expenses and submit them to my company. I like that I can keep up with my receipts by taking an image of them, instead of keeping them crumpled up in my purse/suitcase while I complete my trip!

SAP Concur review by John P.
John P.

"Centralized reimbursement tool"

What do you like best?

I recognize there is a major convenience to help centralize the reimbursement process for any organization. This will do away with email/paper forms that finance and accounting professionals need to manage. Overall the system is accessible, streamlined, and setup to provide quick and efficient reimbursement throughout an organization.

What do you dislike?

As there are somewhat automated steps for approval and disbursement you are a the liberty of a system. Sometimes human processing can help expedited and appropriately address urgent requests for a Friday paycheck. Depending on how complex a business it there can be hundreds of different fields that need to be selected from and appropriately matched. I personally struggled to have mileage reimbursed on several occasions due to the subtle nuisances of allocating funds and miles to appropriate cost centers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the implementation phase both of the systems to communicate with other business systems, but also training employees. With a 6000+ employee base and 10000+ organizational users this can be tough to change the culture to use the new system. Almost a year after implementation we still have individuals submitting old spreadsheets and original receipts to managers.

Paper waste, email spam to accounts payable teams, and a self-serviced system for employees to access and track their on reimbursements. Historically the payout of expenses were sporadic and sometimes unpredictable due to human tracking/processing. Now a system can effectively maintain and consistent timeline based on internal deadlines. Biggest benefit was the time suck that would be generated from manual processing and notifications to employees about their request.

SAP Concur review by Robert M.
Robert M.

"Tight Integration and ease of use is Concur's strengths"

What do you like best?

I like the user experience and the tight interface and integration with my travel bookings and with my bank and company charge card. It makes my travel experience smoother and more productive. It also cuts down on errors which is good for our payroll and travel department. While I am a travel user I can see where it provides a high degree of customization for approving officials and auditing.

What do you dislike?

There was a bit of a learning curve but normally you would be give training from your HR/Payroll. In my case I did not have this luxury so it is actually not a fault of the software. I am a new user but what was helpful when I did not receive training from my organization, I was able to utilized the help features online and was able to successfully put together a voucher and submit it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep focusing on the mobile side. The strength of the system is the ability to make travel expense voucher submissions easier.

Travel management is what the focus is on. I have used this for one trip and and it is still in the approval process. I have realized already how powerful it is with the ability generate a voucher quickly and submit. My voucher was sent back for review (due to an error on my part) but because of the ease of use, I was able to quickly identify what was missing and send it back in less than 5 minutes.

SAP Concur review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"I use concur for my expenses while I travel for work"

What do you like best?

I love that you can take photos of the receipts and attach the photos in concur. The old expense report tool that I used you had to photo copy the receipts and it was very time consuming. I like that I don't have to attach receipts for purchases less than $25 - most of my purchases are under $25 so this is very convenient. The app is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to itemize hotel stays by the rate and taxes - can be a little more time consuming because I usually just look at my credit card statement when i am submitting my expense report. I would like if you are able to sort the expenses day by day instead of looking at a long list of expenses. This makes it easier for me to sort and review when I am submitting my report. I would like to be able to drag photos from my desktop into the website instead of having to upload the photos.

Concur makes my expense reports easy and quick to complete!

SAP Concur review by Richard P.
Richard P.

"Quick to learn how to navigate"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact that I was able to self-learn how to utilize this out of the box software and not have to invest alot of time doing it. No need for a training class. I learned at my own fast pace and was able to move ahead quickly.

What do you dislike?

The training did not seem to have a logical flow to it. There should be a Step 1, Step 2 etc flow for students to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any software you are considering, you need to test it with your environment and real data to see if it can be effective for you

This software package allows faster processing of expense reports and the approval steps of supervisors is minimal, which reduces the babysitting needed by supervisors. The travel module is a good in-field to make last minute changes. The mobile version is good at airports.

SAP Concur review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"An efficient way to submit expenses"

What do you like best?

I appreciate Concur's easy intuitive interface. It doesn't ask for a receipt and doesn't require you to fill in too many fields. It only takes a few seconds to fill out and submit an expense, and you have the option of adding a lot of information if your employer requires, or you can leave fields blank.

What do you dislike?

Concur doesn't seem to be synced with the requirements your employee requires for a report, and doesn't prompt you if you are missing information needed from your employer. This can slow down the process, as your employer has to review the report, and prompt Concur to email you for more information. This can take a few days, and would be faster if Concur knew the required fields for each employer and could prompt you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you check with your employer about what all information they need before you submit a report, Concur won't tell you automatically.

It's an easy way to submit multiple expenses from various categories, i.e. travel, supplies, etc. and the reimbursement goes directly into your paycheck, cutting out and extra transfer or trip to the bank.

SAP Concur review by Tina Y.
Tina Y.

"Has a great mobile option! "

What do you like best?

Concur is a great tool to schedule your travel for business. Yo uare able to schedule a flight, a car rental, hotel stays, and check on the status of your flights in real time. The program allows the user to book for themselves or a guest (a.k.a. the big boss). You are able to customize the program with company notes and policy and check on any pending approvals or transactions. Concur also has an app that will let you add photos of your receipts while you are away from the office which helps you keep track of your spending on the go. You are also able to use the website to upload photos of your receipts to attach to your report.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes finalizing your report can be a little challenging. There are multiple options and you may need a little guidance from Accounts Payable to help you select the correct items to process your claim for travel expenses.

Concur is great to track travel and expenses through our university. It is a great tool to schedule flights, hotel, and transportation options, and check the status of your flights. It is easily accessible for all the departments at the University to link from our portal to the site to book all of the necessary items needed to travel to conferences and any business travel that is taking place.

SAP Concur review by Janine P.
Janine P.

"Concur Payables Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we’ve reduced the paper trail and everything is automated now. From the chain of approvals to paying vendors. It makes the process a lot faster and more efficient to track.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you cannot make changes on the actual portal. Everything must be downloaded to excel and then reimported to Concur. Let’s say you’re updating a vendor’s address for example. It won’t let you make edits to what you already have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that your accounting software can communicate effectively with concur. That was toughest part during the implementation process, and still is. The reports generated from Concur are not user friendly and can create some challenge when recording your cash disbursement. Maybe getting your IT involved early in the process is the best way to go.

Accounts Payables and staff reimbursements.

SAP Concur review by Kristen M.
Kristen M.

"Monthly Concur User"

What do you like best?

Concur has an easy to navigate User Interface for monthly expense reporting. My company has a lot of specific codes to use for our expenses and the software makes it easy to navigate. Also Concur allows employees to submit receipts and reports via mobile device. This is a great feature since a lot of our work force travels and works remotely.

What do you dislike?

We seem to encounter an issue with employees logging in at least once a month. It may be due to high volume of traffic to the site at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Concur has a feature where you can submit expenses and receipts from your mobile phone. This is a great feature if a lot of your workforce travels or works remotely.

Concur allows for many departments to submit expense reports in a uniform manner. Different departments are allowed different budgets and Concur gives us the ability to see a breakdown of daily spending by employee.

SAP Concur review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Central point to do it all, but it won't look pretty."

What do you like best?

I don't have to use multiple platforms to book transportation, reserve hotel rooms, or submit expense reports.

What do you dislike?

The interface is clunky and you have to frequently edit parameters, especially if you are looking for a specific flight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide training to your employees around the benefits and features of using the product. It is especially important to explain how to book travel appropriately and pay attention to the "Company Preferred" flights and hotels. Concur doesn't make all the "tricks" obvious, such as snapping a receipt and uploading it into the system for use at a later date. If there is a company account for services such as Uber, consider linking the accounts to improve the overall integration experience.

I'm able to attend various events outside of my local office by booking through Concur, and abide by my company's travel and expense policy through the expense tracking and report submission process. Being able to do it all from one place is a big time-saver.

SAP Concur review by Ralph A. H.
Ralph A. H.

"Why did I wait so long to convert to Concur Expense Reporting?"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of Concur is it's mobile app which allows me to take pictures of my receipts on the spot and not have to save them (or in my case lose them) until I get around to working on my expense report.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features and getting started with Concur itself can be a bit complicated and daunting. I have seen where you can split a receipt among multiple team members but still can't figure out how that is actually done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like almost anything new, Concur might be a bit difficult to get accustom to at first. Definitely go through a demo or trial run initially to get a feel for the flow and features. Absolutely use the the mobile app version to get the benefit of having a camera to record your receipts on the fly.

We use Concur to track and report expenses in a official way which benefits us tremendously on the bookkeeping/taxes/certification side of the business.

SAP Concur review by User

"Easy to use, intuitive and gets the job done"

What do you like best?

SAP Concur is faster and easier to use than our previous system. The customer service has been very helpful. The whole process of submitting a report is very intuitive. Booking travel (flights, hotels, cars) has never been easier. The site clearly states which hotels fit in the guidelines of my companies budget and which do not. If you continue with a booking that violates company policy, they warn you and still allow you to continue with the approval of your manager. I like that there are several filters for hotels and flights, such as the number of connections, connection airport, flight time, departure time and arrival time.

What do you dislike?

Once a user submits an expense report for approval, there is no way to edit that report. I've submitted reports because that had errors or needed to be updated and could not retract or edit the report. The website interface would look better. Currently, it is very plain and ugly. There could be some tutorial or tooltips that would allow users to understand each stage of the expense form if they get stuck / confused.

SAP Concur is helping to streamline our expense / travel management. I've noticed fast approvals and never had an issue with it thus far (1 year + experience)

SAP Concur review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Good software, rough user experience."

What do you like best?

I like that I can gather everything for a trip in a single location and submit expense reports efficiently. The mobile app helps with management of receipts, and helps keeps everything organized. It's also nice that I can book travel and hotels from the web interface, and that it seems to work well with our chosen travel agency.

Once a vendor has been added to the system, it's generally easy to accept invoices and disburse payments to them as needed.

What do you dislike?

Finding the functionality you're looking for, or the expense type you need, or adding a vendor, etc. just isn't as easy as it should be. It's also not readily apparent where you should go if you can't find what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Concur is an industry standard for many, but there are other options whose features, functionality, and ease-of-use rival or exceed it.

Mostly travel and expense reporting, and it's great to have a single location for all of our expenses. The Concur app is pretty good, as well.

SAP Concur review by Varun D.
Varun D.

"Great expense management tool for company of any size"

What do you like best?

I worked at a broad affiliation where we expected to hand over expenses by spreadsheet/email. Was so awkward and had such colossal quantities of slip-ups. Changed to another affiliation using Concur and was shocked at how easy the method could be. Coordination between phone application and cloud desktop application is exceptional - every so often I'm out and require a photograph with my phone and others I need to exchange a record. I like exchanging constantly in the midst of the month rather than holding up until the complete of the month to pursue down and submit receipts.

What do you dislike?

A part of the highlights are mechanised. I wish that I could have more control about in the case of something is assigned in certain ways. In like manner, It's not flawless and can't for the most part read your receipts to which you by then need to physically enter, it's hard to call this a con however is this isn't an item or gear issue to such a degree as even the human eye can't read a receipt that has lost it's ink.

Recommendations to others considering the product

dsad

Submit expense reports on the go irrespective of the device you are on - phone/tablet/desktop/laptop. Just click a picture and submit your expenses. Much much better than the old fashioned excel way

SAP Concur review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.

"Concur for Expenses/Travel"

What do you like best?

Concur is very good at travel bookings and also recording expenses. Its useful to be able to see all trips in one place, save frequent traveller information and passport details so it transfers directly to the booking without having to key it in each and every time. The mobile app is also very good at uploading receipts so they are available when I am ready to enter my expenses. The details that transfer from the linked credit card is useful and the system is customised to my companies policies and requirements so that I only see fields that I need rather than the whole available system.

What do you dislike?

Its a bit annoying when booking car hire that it links to the flight arrival and flight departure time rather than allowing time to be at the airport. If I do not manually change this, it makes my car hire more expensive. Most of my colleagues don't realise this, so they end up booking the return time of the car for the flight departure time which is obviously not correct.

When entering receipts, it will not allow me to forward date. I appreciate that I should not be able to submit the expenses with forward dated entries, but it would be useful to add mileage for planned (and return trips) rather than having to wait until the time as passed before I enter them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the mobile app

Previous to Concur, we captured our expenses on excel spreadsheets and submitted the receipts manually. Concur helps with ensuring that the whole expense claim is kept in one place, and also takes company policies into account so that approvals can be routed to the right people, and warnings are issued if the limits are not met.

SAP Concur review by Vicken G.
Vicken G.

"SAP - Great on Paper, poor execution"

What do you like best?

The thought. SAP Concur, is used by my organization of over 9000 employees worldwide. We've recently committed to using the service as our Travel and Expenses platform, and the migration has been horrible. The time required to receive compensation has doubled, and so has the time required to fill out the forms. Requiring excruciating detail that is surely irrelevant, is also highly inconvenient as it results in rejection of your expense claims due to minute and SUBJECTIVE interpretation of your expenses. Note: an expense is a purchase, an expense claim is an accumulation of expenses for a project, trip, etc.

What do you dislike?

Everything about the software, except the idea of it. I do believe there's a digital means of facilitating these requirements for business, but it's so poorly executed here. Moreover, nearly 100% of the people who use it (and whom I am in contact with) report that they have to "forge" the information to ensure they get reimbursed in a timely way. Moreover, this practice has been encouraged by the executives implementing the service realizing the shortcomings. The worst thing by far is the auditing process, where SAP Concur's representatives have no idea how to handle your information and reject expenses without justification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the implications of the challenges mentioned here as it applies to your company and practices.

The benefits include fewer papers (environmental impact), and the digitization of information.

SAP Concur review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"Great way to manage your employee's expenses"

What do you like best?

The best part of Concur is the mobile app. It's easy to add an expense anytime from anywhere. I also like that it has my credit cards and all of my airline and rental car points programs built right in!

What do you dislike?

I honestly cant think of anything I dislike. They have encompassed all features which I would expect and more into their product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this product! I have missed flights and booked the wrong airport and both times I just called and was helped right there as I am standing in the airport terminal and was able to get on another flight with no issues.

We used to photocopy receipts and email/fax them to home office... expense reports would be lost, faxes wouldn't go through, email attachments were too large to email. This was very frustrating, but no more! Its all done electronically from start to finish with no worries of a lost report.

"SAP Concur Review"

What do you like best?

The Concur website has an excellent air travel search site and shows multiple airlines at all price ranges. When booking a hotel conference room it is easy to contact customer service by email or phone to instruct them how to get the discounted rate. The site is user friendly and easy to attache receipt and the status of the submission is updated regularly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to determine who to contact when a claim is denied. It provided a name of the employee who denied the claim but no contact information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a user friendly system that allows employees to document travel expenses and get reimbursed for both personal expenses and allow the company to be reimbursed for company-paid expenses all on one platform.

SAP Concur helps employees book hotels,, transportation, and conference expenses easily online. It is easier for employees to upload receipts and keep track of all expenses in a single location.

SAP Concur review by Adarsh V.
Adarsh V.

"Concur - Travel Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Best think is integration of automatic receipt system from travel vendors like Uber and Lyft etc. Easy console for light booking and to get itinerary of flight . Flexibility in adding the next level approver. Re-using the exiting expense request for claiming the expenses is also a good feature.Easy conversion of currencies for international expense.

What do you dislike?

Screens and UI can be more more better. There are other minor issues in expense report like the final status is clearly displayed if this was an approved report or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is product built by experienced people and this is clearly visible when you start using this tool.

Travel related activities. Very smooth processing in comparison to the other tools.

Learn more about SAP Concur

SAP Concur Videos

Learning about SAP Concur?

* We monitor all SAP Concur reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0