4.0
(3,556 reviews)

Concur travel, expense and invoice management services work with enterprise resource planning (ERP), human resources and accounting systems to consolidate data and create a single, connected process for managing your organization’s spend.

Work for SAP Concur?

Learning about SAP Concur?

SAP Concur Reviews

Ask SAP Concur a Question
Showing 3,555 SAP Concur reviews
SAP Concur review by Morlon  J.
Morlon J.

"Great software "

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAP Concur
SAP Concur review by Ruby V.
Ruby V.

"Concur"

What Expense Management solution do you use?

SAP Concur review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Not easy to use"

SAP Concur review by Tiffany T.
Tiffany T.

"UI Needs Improvement and Difficult to Use"

What do you like best?

It's easy to find the cheapest flight for my business travel and filtering for the flight I'm booking. It's integrated with my Travel Rewards, credit cards, and my checking account so I can get awarded for travel and get reimbursed for my expenses.

What do you dislike?

The Expense and Flight Finder is not integrated. I have to submit a separate expense report for a flight booked through Concur. There should be a way to integrate this so that I don't have to manually submit a receipt.The overall UI needs improvement and it's not intuitive to complete flight bookings. Also I've been charged twice for Service fees with no explanation as to what these Service fees are for. I didn't get a receipt for these Service fees until I directly called Concur to have them send it to me. Then I had to submit 2 additional expense reports for these additional Service fee expenses when the expense should have been included in the overall flight itinerary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an integrated solution and allows for easy expense reporting. However the overall UI needs improvement and I find it difficult to use.

It's easy to book flights and post expenses to get the necessary approvals for reimbursement. The solution is integrated and easy for my manager to go in to the Concur to approve the expenses. I can find the cheapest flights for my business travel and it's simple to filter for the flight I'm booking for. It's integrated with my Travel Rewards, credit cards, and my checking account so I can get awarded for travel and get reimbursed directly for my expenses.

SAP Concur review by Marielle S.
Marielle S.

"Concur Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is relatively easy to use. I think as long as you understand the different categories for expenses in terms of how they relate to your company then it is not hard to use. I like that I can also access other accounts with ease once given access.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if I use the concur app on the phone to take a photo of the receipt and upload it - it acts as a separate transaction and won't link to an existing transaction. Or if I need to unlink it and relink it to one different it won't let me. It categorizes it as another transaction instead of just having it be a photo that can be attached to something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Concur is a great tool to use for expense management in the workforce. It is pretty user friendly.

We use this for travel and expense management at our company. It is great for itemizing everything and syncing with the credit card to automatically load them as a transaction. I'm sure on the accounting side that concur is very useful on the backend for paying off cards and pulling reports.

SAP Concur review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Great option for travel and expense"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a mobile app and a PC app. I'm able to take pictures of receipts and create a new expense while I'm still at the restaurant. I can take pictures of receipts and store them in the app so I can refer to it later.

I love e-receipts. I don't have to worry about spilling coffee on a folio?! Yes please.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike. I don't like how old reports are stored. I think there should be an easier way to access them. I also don't like how some air fares don't display. I can be looking at the Southwest website and my options in Concur and see more options on Southwest. Those are small gripes, though. I really like this software.

I travel a lot for work, so having one piece of software that lets me manage expense reports and book travel solves problems with confusion.

SAP Concur review by Natalia F.
Natalia F.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like being able to book all of my travel and manage my expenses in the same program.

Concur makes reserving easy and simple by having an interface similar to many booking engines people use to book leisure travel on a regular basis.

I also like how I can load my travel card into Concur and it will automatically load the expenses, sometimes including receipts, when I use my card.

I also like that you can set up delegates. As an assistant, I can book travel for my faculty without asking them for private information needed by the TSA, such as birth date.

Overall, Concur simplifies the corporate travel and expense process.

What do you dislike?

Being required to choose from a drop-down menu is frustrating and slows me down. If I'm booking from Pittsburgh to Orlando, I should just be able to put PIT to MCO, but I have to type Orlando. Also, sometimes it's been glitchy and the airports wouldn't load, so I had to wait and book travel the following day, causing me to pay over $50 more in airfare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to get to know the product and make note of any difficulties or suggestions you may have. Concur is extremely flexible based on what clients want and can be set up, to a certain extent, based on users' preferences. Be sure to speak up if a feature gives you difficulty, more often than not it'll be something that can be adapted to improve efficiency.

The main benefit is enabling employees to book their own airfare, and then submitting their expenses in the same program. It gives more freedom to the employee, while streamlining expense processes. Prior to Concur we had to contact our travel agent, even for basic domestic trips, and it was a bit taxing.

SAP Concur review by Marielle S.
Marielle S.

"Concur Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use. I use this for multiple people in our office to log all their credit card expenses and it is easy to switch from one person's account to the to the other.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it doesn't always save the work I did. I've had issues with categorizing a payment and then looking back at what was submitted and it not being what I categorized it under. I have also had issues before with it wanting to continuously link a receipt to a transaction that it was not supposed to be linked to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to log expenses and categorize them. I would definitely recommend this for people in who use this for their company or just on their own.

We use this for all of amex expenses for tracking purposes. Some of the users also use it when booking travel for work so it's all in one system.

SAP Concur review by Erika  O.
Erika O.

"Simple way for me to track my travel and spending"

What do you like best?

This is an easy way for me to book and track personal and business travel through my company. It aggregates my receipts, helping to generate my expense reimbursement. The approval process is smoother than the paper signatures and intercampus mail option we used to use.

What do you dislike?

Initial use was very confusing, and training was of little help. Through practice, the processes in the program became more simple, but initially, it did not feel user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have never had a system to manage travel and expenses, this is a great product to streamline the processes you may already have in place. The collection or ability to book and manage travel, as well as generate approvals and expense reimbursement documents, makes this ideal, especially when working with traveling professors, who like the ability to manage everything through their cellphone.

This is much easier to track receipts and expenses than before. Before many people would loose receipts, or have issues with outside booked flight, and this keeps all the processes from booking to reimbursement together.

SAP Concur review by Creig N.
Creig N.

"Easy to use on the fly"

What do you like best?

Our company has been using SAP Concur for over 3 years. The new system interfaces well with other SAP products and has been really intuitive in learning how to use. I love the mobility of the application making it easy for me to quickly snap a photo of a receipt and upload to the cloud. The smart match feature makes finding the correct image for each expense quick and painless.

What do you dislike?

The desktop interface is still a little clunky. Still very intuitive, but would like a little bit more robust of a GUI as a user. I also do have some issue from time to time with duplicate images being tagged to the same expense. the AI is pretty close to accurate but from time to time I do have to make some manual corrections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely download the Concur app. it makes keeping receipts a thing of the past and quickly and securely uploads the images to a cloud for use in reports.

I have found that my ability to quickly generate and submit a report has improved tenfold. I receive reminders when new expenses are on my travel and expense card and need to be attached to a report. Its streamlined our company's expense reporting process and rather than take hours to create and submit expense reports, I can compile it in a matter of minutes. It's freed me up to get back to doing the work that makes our company tick rather than wasting time sifting through receipts, looking for lost receipts, and trying to get the proper sign offs for payment.

SAP Concur review by Jennie D.
Jennie D.

"Excellent App for Managing Expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the mobile app the best for business travel. I am able to take photos of my expenses on the fly while I am traveling. This really comes in handy when you have small expenses in airports. On long business trips keeping up with paper receipts is sometimes painful and I am thrilled to have the option of utilizing the mobile app to upload my receipts.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is really anything that I dislike about the software. My dislike comes in having to manage the expenses at all, which is just a part of doing business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this an industry leading solution for expense management and travel. I believe it has other great features as well. I would recommend this software without hesitation to any business struggling with expense management.

This software provides us with the ability to manage expenses. Additionally I use the travel component for finding the best deals which are approved by our company. It makes it really easy.

SAP Concur review by Zarina S.
Zarina S.

"Great tool for work expenses!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Concur is it is very easy to use. I use it on the daily basis for expenses and invoices. It's a great tool for the collaborative work environment, I like that I can use it, my team members and my manager. I think what most employees like about the tool is the ability to submit all of their expenses to our accounting team for reimbursement and to have the ability to book travel very easily.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything in particular that I do not like about the tool, I think it's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think when considering a tool like Concur I'd think about your primary use case, for us it makes sense because our employees travel a lot and they need to be able to book their travels easily and have the ability to submit any receipts for their travel expenses and for our accounting team to go in and be able to approve all the expenses easily and quickly.

Business problems that our company was trying to solve when using Concur is to have a tool for expense management, invoice management, and travel management. We are able to solve our our problems with this tool.

SAP Concur review by Molly F.
Molly F.

"Manage your Work Expenses Effectively"

What do you like best?

I use concur almost every day I come into the office. I love how there's two categories: expensing and invoicing (that my company mainly uses). Concur makes it easy for me to submit payments to my director in the most detailed way possible (I work for a nonprofit so our budgeting can get very specific as it's allotted to lots of different categories). I can easily track previous payments I've made through various search categories - invoice #, vendor name, payment title, etc. (to name a few). Could speak more highly of this program!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that comes to my mind is under the expense tab, when you're going through and submitting an expense report, it's a bit difficult to itemize under one item in an expense report. You need to select an line item overview of the expense, but if the expense belongs in a lot of different categories, that's quite confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend for anybody that needs invoice and expense management for their company! It is truly the very best there is. I don't have to worry about my expenses or my invoices and where they're going / how they're being broken down. SAP Concur does that all for me!

Able to itemize literally every single thing that goes into the accounting system for budget purposes. Automatically helps us stay on track through a computerized system that I trust whole-heartedly and don't even have to think twice about. It's amazing!

SAP Concur review by Olivia W.
Olivia W.

"Easy to use travel system"

What do you like best?

I love that this product has an app that allows you to take pictures of your receipts. No more holding on to receipts until you're back in the office to scan them on a machine and upload them! Also, I absolutely love the map feature that allows you to enter your starting point and destinations and automatically tracks your mileage. It also allows you to enter multiple destinations in one journey. This is so much easier than having to screen shot images of maps with routes on them.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about SAP Concur is that it will not allow you to submit expense reports with even minor errors. Small things that my supervisors would approve but conflict with the guide lines will prevent you from submitting reports which can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend SAP Concur. It streamlines travel and expense reporting tremendously compared to older platforms.

We use SAP Concur for all travel at the college I work at. We use to to create expense reports for day trips, longer trips, conferences, meals, etc. It is a very easy system to use, with a lot of detail involved which allows for better tracking and improved organization.

SAP Concur review by Raymond B.
Raymond B.

"Bad ethics and old technology"

What do you like best?

The original Concur expenses app was good. However, it was replaced by the bad SAP Concur app which is far worse.

What do you dislike?

Many years ago Concur was a decent system. However, today they are probably the most expensive and worst system around. We were a client for a long time. However, this year there have been several changes forced upon all customers which made the company go downhill dramatically.

In May the app was replaced by something that very rarely scans the receipts correctly. This makes it almost unusable. Then in August they changed their ACH to a a company outside of the US which has terrible reviews. Concur's response was to not use ACH but to pay the employees using cash rather than deposit.

This caused us to look at other options and Certify is by far the best. We have already switched.

When I alerted Concur to the fact that they broken our agreement by changing just about everything we bought in the beginning, we were told that regardless we must pay them for the next 90 days. Our legal team are getting involved because the SAP Client Success group, and now management care very little about their clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not. While the demo is good, the app has a LOT of issues today and they get you to sign into a contract that is very difficult to terminate.

Concur was for our company expenses, but today the service and software are inferior to almost everything out there.

SAP Concur review by User

"Meets needs. not user friendly"

What do you like best?

that it meets the requirements of my needs, my companies needs, and the needs of others that I work with. I can use it, my boss can use it, my colleagues can use it, and we can all use it as needed. More about what I like? Okay, well I like that it can get the job done. Really. It's quite reliable. In fact, if you find a better expense management solution, let me know. I'd be curious to know. I also like that is has an app. I can use the app to take pictures of receipts that contain the details of expenses I have. It's quite nifty. I recommend trying the app if you get this solution.

What do you dislike?

it is not very user friendly. for example, there are a lot of errors that will occur. it will auto-populate a name for the report with characters that are not allowed in the title field. I think the characters that are not allowed are parentheses and or slashes. Basically, it will auto-populate the title field with text like "Expense Report for (9/18)" or something like that when I go to the new expense report page and so the page immediately starts with several errors. It is quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend seeing if you can find a different solution that is more user friendly than SAP Concur

there is a need for a solution to manages expenses.

SAP Concur review by julianna j.
julianna j.

"Easy to Use and upload reciepts and calculate mileage"

What do you like best?

I like the mileage feature. You can type the address and then the next destination and it tells you the exact distance in miles. Also uploading receipts are really easy to upload and attach to the expense report.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I dislike once I got used to the program. I did have an issue once where I tried to copy a expense because I couldn't figure out how to delete it and it the originally didn't really delete and my supervisor received both expense reports and had to call me in his office to ask why I was trying to expense something twice. Obviously it was a misunderstanding of the program and one of the first times I ever used it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

have someone knowledgeable walk you thru set up!

being able to easily expense travel expenses like mileage, food and entertainment for clients at the click of a button is a complete time saver! They even have an app so it makes the same ease available at your fingertips if you aren't in the office!

SAP Concur review by Robyn M.
Robyn M.
View Original

"User friendly- Some technical glitches"

What do you like best?

The site and mobile app are both very easy to use and navigate. Submitting expense reports is made very simple as long as you use your laptop.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes gets confusing for managers when doing group meals. It is difficult on the mobile app to see what charges have actually posted to your credit card. On the laptop you can easily the orange credit card logo to be sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is user friendly as long as you have some training on how to properly use it. We have a bunch of training guidelines made up for new users as it can get confusing in some parts.

Controlling expenses in our entire company. The reports get reviewed by 3 people before submitted for final approval which is great. The final approval is through accounting before it gets paid.

SAP Concur review by Ted D.
Ted D.

"Poor software and worse support"

What do you like best?

Taking pictures of receipts with the app usually works

What do you dislike?

70-80% of Amex transactions come in mis-categorized, i.e. American Airlines = Meals, Marriott Hotels = Meals, etc. Support blames this on AA and Marriott. Receipts can show up in seconds or days - no way of predicting. I refuse to use their travel service after one of their people "helpfully" changed a flight that was very intentionally booked with a changeable ticket because return date was uncertain. Generally a clunky and inefficient UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run! Run, far away.

Travel and expenses - as a user it's 100% a train wreck, new problems and nothing solved. 70-80% of Amex transactions come in mis-categorized, i.e. American Airlines = Meals, Marriott Hotels = Meals, etc. Support blames this on AA and Marriott. Receipts can show up in seconds or days - no way of predicting. I refuse to use their travel service after one of their people "helpfully" changed a flight that was very intentionally booked with a changeable ticket because return date was uncertain.

SAP Concur review by Ashley C.
Ashley C.

"Powerful solution does the job and user experience continues to improve"

What do you like best?

Concur isn't behind the times when it comes to categories and capability for expense reports. So many solutions are limiting or non-specific, and you end up submitting a report with more expenses labelled "other" than anything else. I like that I can store receipts and expenses even before I'm ready to submit, which makes the process much easier.

I like that it flags exceptions but doesn't keep me from submitting when something looks wrong. That way, if I know something the software doesn't about my company policy, I can still submit.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit clunky at times, and you do have to spend a little time in there identifying how all the pieces work together before you actually build a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely the most robust solution I've used.

Expense reports, travel management.

SAP Concur review by Cal T.
Cal T.

"Does a great job of managing your travel - but doesn't provide ALL the options on flights."

What do you like best?

I like that if I cancel a trip it cancels all my reservations regarding that trip - so one button to cancel equals several buttons to cancel all aspects of the trip.

It does a great job with Itinerary Management and Trip Notifications. I can easily put these on my calendar and the reminders are excellent.

In one case I ended up in the hospital and had to cancel a trip. Their travel agent got my ticket reimbursed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can find more flight options by going to the carrier. I think that if a flight is offered Concur should show that to me. (What there is no commission for that flight? To bad, show it to me anyway. I've taken several screen shots where this is the case and sent them in. I think their commissions are too important to "give away" flights. Again, to bad, that is why we PAY for Concur.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

There might be some other less expensive products, but this is easy to use and does a great job matching travel with expenses.

Problem: Keeping track of all the travel and associating it with expenses.

Benefits: Less time pulling the two together.

Problem: Keeping employees on top of their travel

Benefit: The itinerary management and the mobil app Trip It does a great job of organizing trips and notifying users of what is next on the itineraray. Any updates by the airlines are also passed on. Great one stop shop for travel.

SAP Concur review by Glynis M.
Glynis M.

"SIMPLE EXPENSE MANAGEMENT"

What do you like best?

I like Concur because it makes my management of expenses very easy. You can access it via your web browser or on the app that you install on your phone. It makes my business life easier by having all receipts, travel itineraries and expenses in one place. It reduces the amount of time spent on approving expenses since everything is online. Concur is an absolute great product!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything in particular that I don't like, however, I would like to be able to change allocations within the approval process without having our Accounting department do them for me. That would make things alot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you use Concur you won't be able to imagine your life without it!

We are able to track expenses without paper! Concur allows us to view and manage the travel of our volunteers where many staff can have access. Concur gives me the flexibility of training my volunteer users or providing them with web links that provide training. If I do the training, I am able to do so quickly and easily. Concur is also perfect for the novice computer user because everything is so simplified. With the use of Concur, our company had reduced the cost of the time in which it takes to process each expense reimbursement and now our volunteers are able to log into Concur and schedule their own travel which saves staff alot of time. Approvals used to take approximately 20 minutes per expense reimbursement now that time has been shaved down to 10 minutes per expense reimbursement. All staff has at one point raved about how convienent and useful Concur is. We are also able to track how much each volunteer us spending per trip or for an entire group of volunteers. It is a tool that now we can't imagine living without. It also allows staff to devote their time to other projects.

SAP Concur review by Prashant D.
Prashant D.

"Concur Review"

What do you like best?

Nice workflow of approval which can be configured up to any next level. Automatic update of e-receipts from multiple vendors. Easy to import report pdf any time of an approved or pending report. Get flight updates on mobile and also the option to get the itinerary online as soon as ticket books. Nice categorization of multiple expenses like Air, bus, car rental, hotel etc at one place.

What do you dislike?

Concur is well known tool but i feel it need to modify it's profile screen which is very dense and things look unclear at times on profile screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great too and i recommend it for all travel expenses related task to handle it effectively.

Travel expenses related tasks.. Concur automates the multiple tasks at one place to better handle and get reporting of expenses.

SAP Concur review by Chris I.
Chris I.

"Very Easy Expense Management"

What do you like best?

The mobile app for Concur makes keeping track of my business expenses very easy. I can even snap a picture of the receipts to have the uploaded instantly. I can add items to my report as they occurr and not have to worry about building a report afterwards. It is very clear where the reports will go for approval and also shows exactly where the submitted reports are in the approval pipeline. I receive my reimbursements within 2 days as a direct deposit and have very little hassle with this tool. Our corporate credit cards also integrate to have every purchase automatically load in Concur as an expense. This makes it very easy to create the report and only have to worry about the classification and receipt image.

What do you dislike?

The login procedure to get the mobile app working is difficult at first as it looks for a different password than you use on the main site. You first need to sign into the desktop site and create a mobile pin to use for the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We pay a fee for every expense report submitted, so its best to add all expenses into one report to send.

Expense tracking, receipt uploads. Expense reimbursements.

SAP Concur review by Zoe N.
Zoe N.

"Concur makes managing travel expenses easier"

What do you like best?

This software is a process optimizer. For anyone who travels for work and is required to save their receipts on charges associated with their company card, this platform and app is the way to go. With the app, all you have to do is take a photo of the receipt on your phone through the app and it automatically uploads it to your concur account, which makes processing easier and eliminates the risk of losing the receipt with no back-up.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing to use at times if you're not 100% familiar with it. It was impossible for me to search and find a help page for processing deposit vouchers, but I eventually found it on my own. Would have been nice to be able to search "deposit voucher" on the site and have something come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be helpful to have a few more video tutorials on the aspects of the site not covered in the current tutorials. Or better yet, having a digital "how to" that walks you into the processes, screen by screen, while simultaneously directing you to the next step.

Travel expense processing, reimbursements, process optimization.

SAP Concur review by Jacqueline W.
Jacqueline W.

"Great for Company Travel!"

What do you like best?

I like that there is an app. It is much easier to upload pictures straight from your phone instead of having to send them to an email, save them and then upload them. I also really enjoy the feature that groups common items together as a trip such as hotels, flights and car rental.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an easier way to pay for personal expenses. I don't think that if you're going to pay for something yourself that you should be required to submit the expenses in a report still.

I am able to see where expenses are allocated. Instead of saying that I spent so much in one month, I am able to dig deeper and determine how much was spent on what. Also, it helps break down if something was bought as apart of a budget or as a business expense.

SAP Concur review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Concur helps my business expense reporting"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite features from SAP Concur is the mobile phone app. I have an iPhone and I use the app to take photos of my receipts. The best part is that the saved receipts automatically match the receipt with the expense from my corporate credit card.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike while using SAP concur on the computer, is that there are unnecessary tabs and pages for organizing everything. I sometimes get lost while trying to navigate the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the mobile phone app!

SAP concur helps me solve organizing and reporting my business expenses (mainly for business travel). The most beneficial thing is how much time I save buy using it. As I mentioned in the question above, the app's ability to take receipt photos and match them to corporate card expenses is very helpful.

SAP Concur review by Veronica D.
Veronica D.

"Okay product but needs improvements"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of having all of our travel and expense information in one place. It makes it easier for my sales team to go in and submit expenses as well as have their travel confirmation all in one place

What do you dislike?

Several things:

1- Sometimes an airfare is no longer valid. Several times, within seconds of looking it up and then hitting the "purchase" button, I have gotten an error message for that airfare, even though the old price still shows up when searching for it.

2- Some of the things I was promised when we signed up for Concur Expense was not fulfilled. For example, the owner of the company should not need to have his expense reports approved. Yet, I am unable to submit his expense reports through Concur because there's no one assigned to approve it and I can't approve it since I'm the one submitting it. When we signed up, we were told this would be unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that the software is compatible with other accounting software. For us, we use a particular accounting software that we found out later Concur was not compatible with for some of our companies.

Benefits are the ability of having all the information consolidated in one place (as far as travel and expenses) so it works well for most of my team (except the owners)

SAP Concur review by Andrew W.
Andrew W.

"Concur - Great for Travel & Expense Management"

What do you like best?

I like that by using concur our travel and expenses are all in one place as opposed to before when we had a separate portal for expenses. It is also very convenient that any travel you book through concur those receipts are automatically attached to the expenses saving you the time of having to go find a receipt and upload it for those expenses. The app also makes it easy to store receipt images as you get them and then be able to attach them to expenses once they become available instead of having to worry about losing a receipt.

What do you dislike?

The biggest complaint I have is that it will say some expenses are duplicate when they aren't because I bought the same coffee which cost the same price twice that day. This is easily solved though by adding a comment to the expense, so no major complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As someone who uses it to book travel and submit expenses on a near weekly basis it is a great tool that made managing both of these easier. Especially, by utilizing concur for both travel booking and expense management because then those travel elements are automatically matched to the expense.

The business problem being solved is managing travel and expenses. The benefit is by using concur it is all in one place which makes it much easier to manage and travel items booked through the portal are automatically matched to the expense once it shows up.

SAP Concur review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"A Rich Expense Tool"

What do you like best?

Concur is a very solid expense reporting tool our company has switched too recently and, although there are still some growing pangs in the app, the overall software is very well developed. the best thing about this software, aside from allowing photos to be uploaded and saved for future use within the app, is that it has a robust ability to be assigned to GL codes for expensing; these can then be selected by the user who has access to them based on their role/level within the company.

What do you dislike?

If utilizing the computer version of the software photos obviously need uploaded from an outside source (unless your computer is a mobile that has a camera like the Surface). This causes me to use the mobile app on the phone for most of my expenses. The iOS App is very clean in design and easy to use, except for adding participants/deeper business information. When creating the expense i fill out all required information, but when converting expenses into an Expense Report more information for each expense is required (that could have been captured and inserted upon creating the expense). The biggest nuisance is adding attendees for business lunches; if it was a big group this could be time consuming.

Attaching expenses to the correct GL codes with a mobile and computer based software that is intuitive.

SAP Concur review by Becca B.
Becca B.

"Concur makes expenses easy"

What do you like best?

I love how simple Concur is. All of my boss's expenses are laid out in a way that makes it easy for me to organize and pay. It's very user-friendly and makes paying expenses an easier task than it was previously.

What do you dislike?

I've only been using Concur for a few months, but so far there is nothing that I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend switching from whatever program you currently use to Concur. It seriously made expensing SO much easier and made me a more productive assistant. I used to occasionally miss payments before because I was confused on when they were due, but I've never missed a payment with Concur. Everyone I work with likes this program so much more than our last one. Even people who aren't the most computer savvy have said how easy it is to use! Our company told us to watch a video to understand how to use Concur, but I didn't need to because it was so intuitive on its own. Highly recommend to any business that does travel and expense reports! I actually look forward to turning in my reports each month because it's a fun system!

Concur makes doing my boss's travel and expense reports very simple. We used a very antiquated way before so Concur has been a huge improvement.

SAP Concur review by Divyansh A.
Divyansh A.

"A Convenient System"

What do you like best?

Concur is easy to use, and integrates seamlessly with the data from other users. For instance, it is very easy to add additional people in my company as reviewers or for administrative oversight over a particular matter.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that uploads to Concur are sometimes tricky. For example, if I'm uploading a pdf or receipt image, one has to save the entry before uploading additional files. It would be great if multiple files occur be uploaded and attached at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Concur is very user-friendly and they support staff are helpful. I once called them about adding a colleague as a supervisor/reviewer on a transaction and that conversation was quick and smooth!

I use Concur to collect spending information from employees/colleagues. It is very easy to see the trail flow and keep track of past reports for everyone in the company!

SAP Concur review by JD S.
JD S.

"Very handy to clear reports while traveling and use my time more effectively."

What do you like best?

Once understood, I really appreciate being able to get reports finished so I have more time for family.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that it is not necessarily intuitive. But if you have a friend to help on the first one, you'll be set for the rest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since I am not a part of the finance dept of our company, I cannot comment on ease of set up, but I will say as a member of the field staff of our organization, it has clearly made my office hours morw efficient, even while traveling on a regular basis.

My leaders can post their financial reports, even while I am out of office and can keep their accounts free and clear to continue working.

SAP Concur review by SIDDHARTH M.
SIDDHARTH M.

"Concur - Travel management"

What do you like best?

The search options is really simple, user friendly and direct.

Immediately approve or reject expense via manager access

What do you dislike?

Too many clicks for confirmation of the booking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend all users to go with Concur because it is very easy and convenient to use. Different travel companies could be made to work with the concur website.

The mobile application is also very well designed and makes it very portable to use. I have done hotel, rental car and flight booking completely through the mobile application under few minutes.

The other filters options like airline for flights, time of departure, number of stops, segregation by airline is very good.

Similarly you do have the option of choosing hotel superchains or the individual hotel to pick from.

Laslty, you do option of setting thresholds for the booking amount and how much could be spent and the travel management becomes more linear this way.

Concur makes it advantageous and consistent to track, examine, and report about business travel spending. A cost can be quickly recorded and endorsed by taking a photo of receipts. It can likewise consolidate electronic receipts of carriers, inns, eateries, and ground transportation administrations, and additionally Mastercard buys. Besides, the module can incorporate with big business asset arranging information for more prominent perceivability of your financial plan and cost.

Concur is one stop solution for booking flight, hotel and rental car on the single website. It is very linear and properly streamlined.

SAP Concur review by Colleen M.
Colleen M.

"A decent invoicing, expense and travel tool for my company "

What do you like best?

Ease of use in certain areas. I'm able to use the mobile app to quickly take a picture of a receipt and upload it to a report. Some aspects of expensing can be easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Itemizing hotels! I'm not sure if this is just in my company, or if everyone has to do this, but we have to itemize each night at a hotel for all the different taxes and fees. Instead of just saying 5 nights was a total of 700, you have to say night 1 was 120 for the room, 5.60 for the city tax, 2.80 for an occupancy tax, 3.00 for state tax, etc. etc. for each night! It's unnecessarily time-consuming. Another annoyance is that not all of the flights I see on Google flights or Expedia will show up in Concur. Not sure why, and sometimes if I really want that flight, I need to call them to have them book it for me. Which of course takes a long time and costs the company about $20 each time I call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your company properly implements and sets up Concur. Perhaps this software has more potential if properly set up. I'm not sure.

We use Concur for both travel booking, expensing, and invoicing. Overall it's not terrible, but I wouldn't say it's the most user-friendly.

SAP Concur review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"Frustration and Headaches "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the fact that Concur will allow me to upload a receipt from a picture through connecting to google drive to make it easy. I'd highly recommend taking a picture of your receipt right after you use it so you don't lose it.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest issues for me is that it flags errors when there are none. It slows down the process of completing expense reports and usually involves me researching or trying to find someone who can assist. It usually becomes a very poor use of time at work once a month. Additionally, everytime that I do a concur report, I end up spending anywhere from 30-75 minutes for me to complete the report. Although that doesn't seem like a long time, it can be very tedious once per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend attending a training that your company can walk you through with a computer. I'd also recommend someone walking you through it the first time that you use it.

The problems we are solving is helping us to reimburse travel and receipt spending. Benefits include matching the receipt to the expense. But, most of the time it creates new problems for me. It does send reminders so that you dont forget which is helpful.

SAP Concur review by Austin H.
Austin H.

"Great tool for managing expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the online system, and the app you can access on the go. I like that all expenses through your company card appear in the system, and you simply have to allocated it the right expense report. It makes it very easy to make business purchases and keep track on them all through Concur.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult at first to learn the system and how to complete an expense each time. Some of the chart fields were confusing at first. But after a week, it wasn't a problem anymore. Also, the overall layout is less streamlined than other software, and could use a refreshment and cleaning up.

This is a useful tool to help Cru manage their finances, coming from different staff on different campuses all across the country and world. It helps the finance team channel all expenses made in the field, coming through a single system. It also allows them to have a single channel with which to control expenses and accept/reject them. It also allows us to help control potential issues with the IRS, and ensure that our expenses are being verified and recorded.

SAP Concur review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Much better than filling out spreasheets"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Concur is that it integrates with third parties. For example, whenever I select my business profile in Uber, it automatically adds all of the information to an expense report in Concur. I only have to go in to confirm everything is correct and submit the report.

What do you dislike?

Concurr has a tendency to add duplicates of charges, I think it may be caused by reissued receipts, but I'm not sure. It's not a huge deal as it's easy enough to delete the extra entries, but it's still annoying.

Our old method of getting reimbursed was to fill out a spreadsheet printing it and attaching any receipts. With Concur, many charges auto-populate, the expense codes are pre-loaded into the system, and receipts are digitally added so it is a much simpler process.

SAP Concur review by Yaolin Z.
Yaolin Z.

"Reimbursement with a headache"

What do you like best?

There is an opportunity to book slightly cheaper hotels if your institution has negotiated rates with them (e.g., government rate)

What do you dislike?

The system will flag errors or warnings where none should exist. The system is cumbersome and requires you to upload every single receipt individually. Once attached, sometimes they appear in an available receipt section, but other times they do not. It is unclear when they will show up in that section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is appropriate in concept, but in practice it was poorly implemented at our institution where users were not given adequate training. It is also a poor use of employee time and resources to be doing the tedious process of entering everything into Concur as requested. The components that are used to book flights and hotels are fine, but it is the reimbursement part that is a very big pain and has caused me a lot of head ache. I have used Concur in the past at a different institution and did not seem to have the same issues as I have had here.

Reimbursement for travel was the purpose our institution switched to Concur. It was supposed to make the process faster and smoother, but I have not observed this. My first reimbursement was rejected because I had a $3 tip that apparently was not acceptable because it should have been part of my per diem. Unfortunately this meant the entire submission got rejected.

SAP Concur review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Track movements on the go"

What do you like best?

When I get in my car I just open the app and hit start. It tracks my physical location to and from offices and then when I am done I hit complete and log into my laptop and all my mileage is there ready to be put into one easy report.

What do you dislike?

While I used the tracking mode I had to stop to fuel up and it stopped tracking the rest of the trip before I realized it. I had to go back and manually add the routes, not a big deal but maybe a glitch in the system.

We used to have to use an excel spreadsheet to track miles with our offices and now we have a simple app to use that eliminates hassle and time!

SAP Concur review by Umakant S.
Umakant S.

"Expense Reimbursement Tool"

What do you like best?

Itinerary management is really nice in Concur to get the pdf receipt that can be used at airports directly. Integration of vendor receipts directly without manually uploading the receipts from Uber and Lyft etc. Creating expense request and using the it for claiming expenses is easy. Getting flights updates on your mobile is a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

Not many dislikes but need a system to get confirmed seats without payment. This has to be done as usually to manually chose before 24 hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Concur is a nice tool to manage all your travel expenses. I will recommend this to every compnay.

Travel expense reporting and management. Approval workflow has been flexible enough to configure it as per the need.

SAP Concur review by Brandon P.
Brandon P.

"Travelling Paperless"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Concur is it's biggest selling point - the ability to snap a picture of my receipts while on a business trip, and submitting my expense reports electronically directly to my finance team. Having my travel preferences and personal card information added to the system ensures I can book travel quickly and easily, and any payments made with my personal card are reimbursed quickly.

What do you dislike?

The interface for the Concur mobile app, while highly functional, can have a slight learning curve for non-technical users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you deal with a lot of expense reports and employees that travel, Concur would be a good fit for you - fees are based on the number of expense reports generated by employees.

Before, our company would submit paper expense reports, with receipts stapled to the expense report. Depending on the length of the business trip, this would create a lot of paper mess - along with an decreased likelihood of lost receipts making it back to the office after a trip. With Concur, receipts can be captured the moment they are handed to the employee and uploaded into the Concur cloud - which can then be matched directly on an expense report.

SAP Concur review by Sasha R.
Sasha R.

"Great system for managing travel and expense "

What do you like best?

Concur is a very user friendly for submitting receipts from my business purchasing card and booking travel for myself and guests we bring to campus uploading receipts for our business manager to review and create reports is a breeze and fhensitendoes not feel clunky at all.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have ever had is with trying to get the app to link with the site and my account so I am unable to scan receipts via my cell phone and upload that way at this time. H owever,customer support has been responsive and it working to address it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a sleek and user friendly site for managing purchases and booking travel.

This site allows me to easily track purchasing card usage and alleviate the load on our office business manager. Because I am able to scan and upload my own receipts and review reports it speeds the administrative process along. In addition it gives me the ability to book travel and our business manager to see and track without having to do it themselves.

SAP Concur review by mark b.
mark b.

"Many issues, lacking support, delaying critical pay back of ones own money"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of an intelligent travel expense tool, unfortunately concur is not

What do you dislike?

lots of small issues making it very cumbersome to use, like the slow updates of pictures of receipts between mobile app and website. always end up having to use both app and website and the overall process takes longer than old expense claim and you lose transparency of the process, old expense claim process has worked fine the 20 years I've been working in 9 different countries. simple update issues inside the app when adding pictures, having to save the info and then it forgets the setting of eg.meal reimburse. When having issues, slow and sometimes useless support, having the request to escalate ignored. Currently having 5 expenses tracking 5 month back, with thousands of my dollars outstanding. high amounts of complaints about the reports when send in that turns out to be both inconsistent and baseless, of course this likely goes to my companies review team not knowing or understanding the frustration having to deal with long dialogs about petty cash issues, delaying the pay back your own money.

non, just creating new ones.

SAP Concur review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Great Expense Report Software"

What do you like best?

Emailing Receipts and Approvals to the system. Automatically pulling in the card transactions that I need to reconcile. Predictive text fields help fill in redundant fields that are the same across each expense I reconcile.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to upload .msg files as attachments. The email function for receipts can be slow at times (taking 5-10 minutes), so I don't see why I can't just upload the .msg file. Some times the email receipt option strips everything out of the email you need because it picks up on a picture of attachment.

The report library for reviewing archives, should open each report in a new window, so if the expense you are trying to find is not in report A, you can easily open B

Recommendations to others considering the product

The App and app features really have helped employees become more efficient when doing expense reports

Efficiency of expense reports. before a user would need to be here internally in network or on VPN to access ERP. This ties into it, so a user can do their expenses on the fly on their smart phone. They can take a picture of a receipt, and upload it in the app, or email it to concur. They don't have to download them to computer, and remember to upload them..

SAP Concur review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"Concur makes it easy!"

What do you like best?

The software being mobile, makes it easy for people to want to enter the receipts when they get them. It also has a web portal where users can use from their PC. Having the choice or mobile or PC is very important. Not all users are mobile. Don't have to save receipts in my bag anymore. Take a photo, then save the receipt.

It really is that easy.

----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- --------- ----- --- ---- --- ---- ---- --- ---- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -- --- --- --- ------- -- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- ---- -- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- --

What do you dislike?

The software works well, the only issue is double entry for business comments. When entering a receipt, you need to put a business reason, you then add the receipt to a report. You have to enter the business purpose again. I have a lot of mobile users. Would have been very nice to implement mileage tracking too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do highly recommend it. It is very easy to use. It will please event the most picky users.

Being able to better categorize. No more late reports. Connections very easy to our field service users. I think it was nice to have it close.

My accounting department is so much happier.

SAP Concur review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"Solid travel management tool!"

What do you like best?

Mobile app is very easy to use. I can quickly book travel as needed. When I'm on the road I am constantly entering expenses. I find it's easiest for me to enter all expenses using the app. Then, I will double check the expense report from my computer before submitting the report.

What do you dislike?

Searching for airfares is quite powerful, but one thing I would love to see is easier support for searching with multiple departure/arrival cities. This can be a pain sometimes due to how it currently works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every travel tool will have similar capabilities, as well as their own specific nuances. I have used many tools and have found Concur to be a solid tool! The mobile app especially is awesome, and continues to get better.

I travel nearly every week. Being able to have one place to manage all of my bookings and expenses is great! I can see all of my trips and their itineraries with ease. Managing multiple expense reports is not a problem. Also, I can see and approve my team's expense reports while I'm at it.

SAP Concur review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Benefits outweigh occasional glitches"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, takes little time to capture and enter expenses and even submit entire expense reports through website, phone, or other mobile device.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it can't connect, so I have to upload the same image a few times to get it to work or just have to walk away and try again later. A little difficult to research flights; we end up searching in Kayak or other tool and then coming into Concur to book the flight -- sometimes it is time consuming to find the flight (have to manipulate so many search parameters to get flight to appear, and even when it does, sometimes the price is considerably higher, not due to Concur but the travel agency to which it's linked, likely).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is convenient and will help record and submit expenses.

I've lost receipts lots of times on the road, and with Concur I snap a photo and upload an image of the receipt immediately, saving headache and money.

SAP Concur review by CARLA A.
CARLA A.

"Sometimes difficult to use"

What do you like best?

You can easily upload images of receipts, and upload mileage reports. I have always had to submit reports by hand, so this application is very easy and quick to use.

What do you dislike?

The mileage calculator does not always allow me to chose my location. Sometimes I have to log in multiple times to get it to work. This is the only issue so far that I have had with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone walk you through the product first. It is easier to understand it that way.

Its easy to record my business expenses and submit them to my company. I like that I can keep up with my receipts by taking an image of them, instead of keeping them crumpled up in my purse/suitcase while I complete my trip!

SAP Concur review by John P.
John P.

"Centralized reimbursement tool"

What do you like best?

I recognize there is a major convenience to help centralize the reimbursement process for any organization. This will do away with email/paper forms that finance and accounting professionals need to manage. Overall the system is accessible, streamlined, and setup to provide quick and efficient reimbursement throughout an organization.

What do you dislike?

As there are somewhat automated steps for approval and disbursement you are a the liberty of a system. Sometimes human processing can help expedited and appropriately address urgent requests for a Friday paycheck. Depending on how complex a business it there can be hundreds of different fields that need to be selected from and appropriately matched. I personally struggled to have mileage reimbursed on several occasions due to the subtle nuisances of allocating funds and miles to appropriate cost centers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the implementation phase both of the systems to communicate with other business systems, but also training employees. With a 6000+ employee base and 10000+ organizational users this can be tough to change the culture to use the new system. Almost a year after implementation we still have individuals submitting old spreadsheets and original receipts to managers.

Paper waste, email spam to accounts payable teams, and a self-serviced system for employees to access and track their on reimbursements. Historically the payout of expenses were sporadic and sometimes unpredictable due to human tracking/processing. Now a system can effectively maintain and consistent timeline based on internal deadlines. Biggest benefit was the time suck that would be generated from manual processing and notifications to employees about their request.

Learn more about SAP Concur

SAP Concur Videos

Learning about SAP Concur?

* We monitor all SAP Concur reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0