I love the fact that this tool supports most of the data sources. One can even use an excel sheet as data source! Here are a list of few features I love about using Crystal reports:
* Ease of creating Summary fields (Total, Aggregate, Max, Min etc.,). Just a drag and drop and you got your summary!
* Support various data sources like Oracle, MS SQL server, MS access, Excel and many more.
* The "Add Command to Report" feature allows to create most robust, powerful reports --> I personally love this feature the most since it allows you to create better performing reports with respect to response time.
* Easy to using Expert options.
* The formula fields support both Crystal and basic syntax.--> this is another feature i like. You can either code formula fields using a basic command syntax or a even much simpler Crystal commands.
This tool is not business user friendly. If somebody from the business wants to create a simple adhoc report for analysis then this is something that's not so easy to use.
Business users prefer tools like web-i instead.
We are able to design highly formatted reports that's based on a transaction database.
Crystal reports is a tool that's been used for over 15+ years and we are still able to maintain the reports created 15 years back with very minimal changes is one thing that needs to be mentioned.