Data acquisition - quick and painless:
- Importing data source - pipe-delimited file 531MB, 1.3M rows, 80 columns wide took approx 8 mins.
- Acquired second dataset (comparable size) ~ 5min.
- Allows select Excel, delimited, HANA, SQL, Oracle, column Date, number format, etc.
- Automatically determines measures, dimensions in imported data
- Can append or merge two or more datasets. Can work with data sets separately. Merging two large datasets (mentined above) took about 5 mins
- Charts can be edited in Compose room
- Can create continuous scrolling infographics if presentation is too wide
- After deleting multiple columns from data source not used in visualizations I didn't have to recreate visualizations
- After filtering out records in feeding dataset all visualizations remained intact, however compositions needed to be changed
- Can apply different filters to diff visualizations, however compositions needed to be changed
- Can create hierarchies for drilling down data in visualizations.
- Poor formula selection in create custom measure window, eg Concatenate allows two values only. To Concat multiple I had to do nested Concat
- Hierarchies do not allow custom Measures
- Data Labels on Charts are not Editable - can create labels clutter in chart body - this is done in Compose room
- No option to zoom in Visualization room
- Exporting to Excel does not create extra tabs if data set is larger than 1M rows