What do you like best?
- The implementation consultants are top-notch.
- Ease of use for both administrators and users.
- Clean, professional look and feel (you can tell it is not lipstick on a pig).
- Language Pack - we purchased the Russian Language Pack since 75% of our employee population is in the Russian Federation.
What do you dislike?
- The handoff from implementation to support is terrible. The support team has no access to the implementation consultants, resulting in excessive amount of time to resolve simple support issues. Routine, recurring requests take up to three (3) weeks to resolve. Rarely do I work with the same support resource, which means I have to start at Square One every time I submit a support case.
- Not all modules are fully integrated with the BizX suite, although we were led to believe all modules are fully integrated. While the Compensation module is robust and feature-rich, it is a challenge to integrate with the Employee Central module. Same goes with the Recruiting Module.
- SuccessFactors does not provide a fully functioning TEST instance. The TEST instance was used to implement the modules. However, the TEST instance is not refreshed on a regular basis. Each time we need our TEST instance refreshed, it costs $5,000. When creating new permission roles in our TEST instance, then recreating in our PRODUCTION instance, we get different results. In one situation, this was the root cause of a serious security breach, where everything tested fine in TEST, but not in PRODUCTION.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- The company has over 1,000 employees worldwide. Before SuccessFactors was implemented, weekly headcount reporting was done using five (5) Excel spreadsheets, prepared by an HR user in each of our five (5) regions around the world. The weekly headcount report took 1 ½ days to prepare and validate.
- With SuccessFactors, the weekly headcount report takes less than 1 hour to prepare and validate.
- Global employee data is up to date and accurate.
- Employees worldwide now use one system for Performance Review, Annual and Quarterly Goal setting, viewing organization charts and their own personal and employment information.
- SuccessFactors is our single version of truth related to global employee information. It is a valuable tool for both HR and Finance.