SAP SuccessFactors

SAP SuccessFactors

3.6

SAP SuccessFactors helps organizations align strategy with objectives & manage people performance to ensure execution & results. Execution is the difference.

Work for SAP SuccessFactors?

Learning about SAP SuccessFactors?

SAP SuccessFactors Reviews

Ask SAP SuccessFactors a Question
Showing 227 SAP SuccessFactors reviews
SAP SuccessFactors review by Ronald C.
Ronald C.

"Absolute garbage software"

What do you like best?

Friendships have been made at work simply by bonding over how much we all hate SAP SuccessFactors.

What do you dislike?

Everything. The product makes very little sense, poorly designed, and horrid user interface, reminiscent of websites from the 2005 -- I think they borrowed heavily from Hotmail's design. We had to use this at work for our performance review, an already dreadful ordeal, and this system made it magnitudes worse. The un-intuitive design makes it difficult for both the manager and employee to complete, which makes it even less likely for either party to complete it in time -- everyone just tries to put this off as long as possible, especially when it's so difficult to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You're probably way better off with everyone using email for performance review. Hell, just send out Google Forms to managers and employees and you'll save a significant amount of time and money.

I think SAP SuccessFactor is a great way for the company to weed out the least devout -- this product makes everyone want to quit yesterday.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAP SuccessFactors
SAP SuccessFactors review by Laurin P.
Laurin P.

"SAP SuccessFactors - Hubbell Incorporated"

What do you like best?

I like that the system is multifunctional. You can have multiple different areas of the business involved in certain processes, and you can share things, and be interactive. You can track functions, approvals, sharing, job postings and candidate applications.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the system has some gaps in it's functions. It's not ALL-INCLUSIVE. It doesn't allow sync with Outlook, it limits access to those associated to the account. It assigns certain steps to only certain people. There are some things that disappear when you move steps (when you submit offer, and move to pre-employment/hired the approvals disappear).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to inquire about all the uses of the product before you implement it or change from a different product. It is a great system for companies who have certain needs. The way it syncs with some systems is not always conducive for some processes. We implemented then hit some road blocks that we have not been able to come back from or fix the process so have had to improvise.

Multiple levels of approvals allowed for tracking. Many ways to keep ahead of audits (notes, comments, including emails, etc.). Alerts to let people know that they have approvals, a to-do list, assigned courses, reviews and tracking.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

SAP SuccessFactors review by Lydia  T.
Lydia T.

"Needless software"

What do you like best?

I like that there's an online platform where you as they employee can paint a fuller picture into who you are. Questions include: What have you done with us?

What do you dislike?

Program could be more comprehensive and higher-tech.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sure, use it, but make sure that your staff truly fills it out and puts it into practice. Make goals with your staff using this program and create some fun around it. Sure, use it, but make sure that your staff truly fills it out and puts it into practice. Make goals with your staff using this program and create some fun around it. Sure, use it, but make sure that your staff truly fills it out and puts it into practice. Make goals with your staff using this program and create some fun around it. Sure, use it, but make sure that your staff truly fills it out and puts it into practice. Make goals with your staff using this program and create some fun around it. Sure, use it, but make sure that your staff truly fills it out and puts it into practice. Make goals with your staff using this program and create some fun around it. Sure, use it, but make sure that your staff truly fills it out and puts it into practice. Make goals with your staff using this program and create some fun around it.

Getting to know employees a bit better, more detail into their aspirations.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Madison H.
Madison H.

"SuccessFactors User"

What do you like best?

I like how I am able to see who all works within the company and organize my goals and successes within it. I like how this is easy for HR to review and see what is going on in the company including new hires and open areas.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the user interface is very friendly, then again, this might be due to personalization for Belk. It's is confusing and very basic. I feel like the tiles and organization could be better to make the transfer to different services in the program easier to work through.

This helps to keep track of goals within the company and how they align with the overall business goals. It's easy to see how people move and work. It allows HR to see who is meeting their goals and who may need more support which allows HR to move people across the company accordingly.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Sagnik M.
Sagnik M.

"One of the best cloud-based HR solution"

What do you like best?

SAP has always focused on coupling all different modules into a single suite and that is why they are popular. It is the same with SuccessFactors - a suite capable of handling all the major HR solutions starting from management of employee master data to performance reviews. SuccessFactors is huge with so many things combined to one single suite. The best thing would obviously be the integration of so many different things in a single suite.

What do you dislike?

Often the best part about a suite looks bad at times. Although it is vital, the suite is huge (as I said earlier) making it a bit complex at times. So it will take some time to understand all things which is carefully displayed based on role based permissions. Other than that, some custom developments are hard to beautify which I think SAP will take care in the upcomimg releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a very few suites in the market for an overall integrated HR solutions. SuccessFactors by SAP is no doubt the best among them as it is very tightly coupled with all the necessary functionalities and many more to come.

At present, I'm taking care of the Performance and Goals Management (PM GM). There are plenty of benefits to say the least. In PM GM, there is a lot of scope which includes streamlining the entire appraisal process. Custom categories, goal definition, group goals, cascading the employee goals to achieve the manager's goal, ratings, automated 360 reviews are some of the benefits that I can point out. There are a lot more though.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Excellent Potential"

What do you like best?

We are still in the early adoption stage of this program. I believe my frustration is likely at the internal powers that be vs the program. I am anxiously awaiting the reporting functionality to be fully released by my organization. I believe that is where I will see the most useful change specific to my job role.

What do you dislike?

Ugggg, the job requisitions dashboard is great....... until you try to quickly see where the candidate is in the process. That is many clicks of frustration, but the reward is great and useful information. Nice on a small scale, terrible on a large scale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm still evaluating.

This remains to be see as we are in the early adoption faze.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator

"Expensive but extensive program"

What do you like best?

The program has a lot of features and capabilities that gives you a lot of information. It had platforms that can make your job in the HR department so much easier. We currently use the Recruiting and Learning Management System modules. And recently the Performance Management module.

What do you dislike?

So far everything is ok and running smoothly, the only drawback is the pricing. Since it is such a sophisticated system, it can be pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Costly but worth it if you have a high volume of positions to fill and you need help in manging all the candidates applying to those vacancies.

We currently use SuccessFactors for recruiting and training. The recruiting platform is great. Simple and smooth flow with the applicants and interview process. The Learning Management System is complicated in the creating of the training material (creating the training video and tests or at least the uploading). The administration, assigning of trainings, and reports are quite simple.

Our company is currently starting to utilize the Performance Management platform.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Not the best, but not the worst"

What do you like best?

I like that SuccessFactors is fairly simple to use. It is an online platform that allows multiple users to control requisitions and get updates on the process.

What do you dislike?

It is not very intuitive. For example, if you are searching for a candidate, you cannot hit enter you must click search. If you hit the back button, it makes you start all over again. I wish we could've chosen a different platform. It is terrible that a manager cannot move the candidate forward in the process. There is no integrated CRM tool that makes tracking the status easy. It is clunky and not very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it. The price is great, but remember that you get what you pay for.

We were trying to upgrade from an outdated system. It is nice to be able to have all of our requisitions in one place and it makes it easier to see what is going on.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great Experience with SAP SuccessFactors"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Single sign-on for our organization. Lots of options and integration. I also like the ability to view jobs easily. As employees, we can log in at any time and view all of the available hourly and salaried positions throughout the entire company. There are many features involved in the employee experience. I can view reports that are specific to my position, apply for other jobs and even express interest in new opportunities. One thing that is really neat with the way our company uses SAP SuccessFactors is the ability to use one's profile to gain access to new teams or opportunities to work on special projects. By entering our specific skills and providing information about things in which we're interested, some leaders may use the information to contact us about these opportunities.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I really don't like the LMS. Compared to other learning tools, it can seem outdated or stilted at times. I do, however, like the notifications that I receive when a new learning assignment is available for completion. This allows me to log in and take the course without much delay.

Employee learning through LMS. Employee profiles to list experience and career goals. In my role, I find that it makes me more connected to others in the company. I can see other employees' profiles, and I use the built-in company directory quite often. I know that we have also used this software solve a number of other issues related to employee on-boarding, job postings, succession planning, training, compensation tracking and more.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"Very Slow "

What do you like best?

Honestly, this is the worst ATS u have ever used.

What do you dislike?

We have had Success Factors for 2 years and they still haven't fixed the many issues- where to begin? EXTREME latency when loading pages, resume viewer only supports certain formats of resumes so a large portion of resumes come up in symbols that are not legible. Application time out errors often. The landing page for recruiters is customizable but is lacking a lot of relevant categorizes (such as pay band). You cannot sort candidates by location or highest level of completed education. The list goes on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use

NA

"Great learning tool "

What do you like best?

I like the organized tables and charts which allows you to quickly see what is outstanding. It contains a resourceful search engine feature. You can customize the home page. I like the complete work report available to view.

What do you dislike?

Assignments that do not have a due date do not generate any reminders

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for onboarding ! It sends constant gentle reminders of pending training and It alerts you when you have expired trainings. Homepage consist of to do list along with an easy to under stand pie graph. Easy to assign trainings and add due dates. Search engine contains sufficient feedback when searching a term.

Trainings , some benefits is that it lets you ensure that you are up to speed with proper training needed by your position. I like the benefit that it lets you self assign courses as well.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy Use - Friendly Interface"

What do you like best?

I like that its a center among all HR questions, and benefit options. In some cases, it's more focused per department. Currently the main reason to use Success Factors is to guide us (as employees) through our goals processes per year. It's easy to find, and somewhat easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that no edits can be made using any of the 'to do' options, or any online course system/program. It's a juggle of impatience and slow performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the site/program is pretty self explanatory. Depending on the type of access you have, the ability to use and have any saved training to be able to complete at your own leisure time is really really the best part. Otherwise, usability is simple and to the point.

HR issues/questions. The current platform I use this for is to manage my incentive goals per my department requests. It's also nice, to be able to watch the company's mandated training and videos. I like the fact that its easy to be able to call in/take a test from a different place. The convenience of having a system like this integrated for employees is just so easy.

"It could be better"

What do you like best?

Success Factors is very helpful at organizing training requirements at work. It allows users to easily remain up to date with training and observe achievements and goals. We are also able to look up employees in any department, which is helpful at such a large organization.

What do you dislike?

Lately, due to programming issues, there have been reoccurring issues with listed training that will not show as completed when our HR department marks it as completed. It creates confusion for many employees because these training listings will then become late when they have already been completed. It red flags employees when it is not necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep an eye on recurring issues that may be caused by programming errors. Call customer support when there are issues. They do a great job of resolving issues.

Success Factors is really great at performance management. It allows performance stats for each employee to be completed electronically, reducing paper waste and allowing managers and HR to view everything conveniently.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"A better way to get management involved with their staff. And to help better position employees"

What do you like best?

we are able to hold management countable for their employees needs. this allows them to better understand what training and extra help can be provided to their employees.

What do you dislike?

there needs to be a better automatic notification system to alert management of tasks due. There also need to be a better way of presenting management from giving everyone the same score, and moving on

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great way to get your institution in line or on the same page. I was never able to use my managers inability to manage in my favor. Unti success factors it has always been their word against mine, with no true directional path.

We are working to solve turn over rates, as well as issues with not just employees but management as well. We are also keeping dates and timelines accountable for both staff and management.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User

"SAP outdated but accurate"

What do you like best?

They keyboard shortcuts. Once you manage what they are you are able to quickly move around in SAP and utilize the functions much more efficiently. The speed of SAP is also an asset. There is very little lag time unless you are generating large pieces of information or reports.

What do you dislike?

The UI is very outdated. Depending on your need and time for training staff this can be a hindrance. If you take the time to train employees then there should not be problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many different attributes that you may not utilize with in SAP. Be sure to make sure you understand your needs and are able to share that with them so that they can cater the product to your needs.

Ability to generate reports and keep track of employee pay.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Possibly the worst technology I've ever used in any role of my career history"

What do you like best?

It's better to have an applicant tracking system than to use emails.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is abysmal, if not useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Half of the features do not work as promised during the sales cycle. If you submit a ticket about basic bugs that are clearly the fault of the product (example: "Nothing in the Advanced Analytics platform is correct. Here's all the examples and the proof that it is not accurate.), they will claim it requires professional services fees ON TOP of the hundreds of thousands of dollars you've already spent on implementing a product that doesn't even perform its most basic functions (like in the example above, "Advanced Analytics" does not even analyze any data correctly, much less in an "advanced" fashion). On top of that, you'd better hope you don't have any integration needs. It will take them over a year and more huge chunks of your budget to figure out the most simple XML APIs.

Successfactors and the modules we use are an add-on to the SAP HRIS. Having an ATS keeps us audit-able in our hiring processes. The RMK and Advanced Analytics modules are supposed to help with recruitment marketing, but are practically useless with all the bugs and inaccuracy.

SAP SuccessFactors review by A P.
A P.

"Pretty Efficient!"

What do you like best?

I think it works well in the capacity that our corporation uses the system. The goal function is my favorite! The company is able to set corporate goals and share goal updates through successfactors. We are able to set personal or department goals and maintain and monitor highlights and accomplishments as well as goal completion.

What do you dislike?

The self-evaluations can be cumbersome, but they get the job done.

The customization ability of the product makes up for this! Being able to have custom categories for goal definition and group goals is essential to our large corporation function. The ability to cascade the employee goals to align with the manager's goals and ratings is key.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Lina G.
Lina G.

"SuccessFactors Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and use-friendly the program is. Most of our company employees seem to use it well and it's pretty simple. I like the details it gives and the options it has. I also like the fact that we can really use the program to look up the organization as a whole, and see who reports to who.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometime, when we do self reviews, peer reviews, etc., at times there is no way for us to save our work/writing. Also, there sometimes are too many options and it can be a bit hard to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and program to use for organization management and end of year reviews (self, peer, etc) If you work at a large organization, this program is definitely beneficial as a whole.

We use SuccessFactors for performance management and reviews. Also, we use SAP as our main HR system. We realize how for the most part, the system is user-friendly and most of our employees don't seem to have issues with it.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"SAP Review"

What do you like best?

SAP is used for many reasons at our University, but in my job as the Commencement Coordinator, I use it specifically for collecting graduate data. I can pull reports showing who is eligible to graduate and then dump that into another software product so that students are able to register for their specific ceremony. I also like that SAP keeps track of students who wish to keep their records private and will not include those on my reports.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike is that the data is not always very clean. Many students end up with duplicate records or incorrect or missing information. Occasionally, someone will be placed in the wrong college which can mean they are placed in the wrong commencement ceremony. Also, if a student is missing an email address, it is almost impossible for me to track them down to relay information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for tracking a lot of data. One thing to keep in mind is to be sure that the data is 100% accurate. Sometimes the data may need to be scrubbed a bit, but for the most part, you are getting the right information.

Being able to have access to this data and have it listed in one place is extremely crucial to the Commencement Office. We rely on this information to be able to register graduates for their ceremony. With close to 4,000 students in May and around 2,000 in December, we have many graduates and families we need to keep happy. Additionally, by having a list of all of those were are eligible, we are able to market commencement to them and encourage them to walk. You could say we use this as a recruitment tool.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User

"Especially helpful for long-term goal setting."

What do you like best?

I found it very helpful to be able to see the goal I set for the previous year in order to set a goal for the next year. I liked this feature because it can help me reassess and realign my goals as the nature of business continually changes. I also could appreciate, for the performance management system, the fact that it helps to ensure supervisors review the employees subjectively across the board for each role and not based on favoritism.

What do you dislike?

For our company, we only accessed Success Factors once a year, during the Employee Review season. I wish there was an easy way to help keep the goals that you set in front of you during the entire year instead of just accessing it once. (There could be this feature already, and if there is, I think better corporate and company-wide training is in order to ensure all employees obtain the positive motivation this would bring across the board!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a fantastic software which I have found to be especially helpful for large companies (or companies such as my experience with large spread reach) to help alleviate the massive task of annual employee performance reviews. Not all managers understand how to conduct a proper performance review, and this software essentially takes the guessing out of the event.

It seems to allow the employee performance management process to run smoothly. I like that it requires the supervisor to explain their standard for a 5 star performance so the employee can best understand what is expected of them, and why they were scored as they were.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Teresa K.
Teresa K.

"A Good Platform"

What do you like best?

I can manage my entire team from one place, and I can manage my leaders separately from my associates. The differentiation is appreciated since my leaders have more tasks than associates. I also like that I can manage recruiting, hiring, goal setting/progress, and performance all from one application.

What do you dislike?

Some features can be difficult to navigate, such as removing tasks that no longer need to be completed.

SuccessFactors provides one location for most of your people management needs. It is convenient to have one site to log into, and one interface to use to manage the hiring, reviewing, and compensation process, and to be able to manage personal and direct report task completion.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Success Factors keeps our entire organization on tack!"

What do you like best?

Our department has been able to operate at a better rate by Success Factors allowing us to do individual performance evaluations with our employees, set goals both professional and development, and complete midterm and annual reviews. The employees love the notification feature to complete any tasks coming due.

What do you dislike?

We’ve had challenges updating an employees record in Success Factors when transferring from different departments within the organization, however, customer support has been able to help tremendously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very well developed!

Since using Success Factors for employee tracking (reviews, evaluations, goals, etc.) we’ve been able to have a structured system in communicating and completing staff requirements which has benefited us by our department operating at an optimal level.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Performance Management and Talent Management Tool "

What do you like best?

SF is designed in a way that it is simple or directly available screens for day to day activities for users and managers.

It is rich tool for performance Management and Talent Management.

Easy and out of the box integration with SAP.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to find some few features and screens in the SF. Those are not obvious.

Integration APIs are not as mature as it should be and are frequently changing.

There are few things that only supported if you use SAP integration tools like oAuth.

Customization to the tool is not as easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good HR software. It is definitely make sense to consider SF if you are mostly SAP software customer. APIs are much more mature now. But there are many HCM solutions in the market, I will suggest to do the comparison and analyse it based on your business requirement.

it is human Capital Management tool where we use it as to keep employee records and to manage their KPIs, Performance, grooming and succession planning.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can update users training requirements and also in a secure platform. This learning platform is also useful for keeping track of very important learning tools and keeps up with who and what is being passed or not passed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if someone does have a bad day and just did not do well on the test, that they cannot be afforded the opportunity to retake instantly after so many failed attempts to pass a course based on questions ad answers that are sometimes not relevant .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you ensure the persons taking exams or test, that you let them know that they only get 3 attempts in some cases to pass the exams.

I have used success factors to test employees and have them monitored by administrative personnel for accuracy and ethical test taking. I am solving the problem of keeping up with requirements.

"Wonderful integrative software"

What do you like best?

I truly love the badges and rewards that you can send to your coworkers and they love them too! It boosts morale for sure. The software is beautiful and there is so much to choose from to make your profile aesthetically pleasing! Makes it so easy to do yearly evaluations and makes communication a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t like is that because it is so intense with so much information and the layout is so extensive that the ease of use isn’t the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to spend time navigating the site and make notes at first to remember how to get back to certain places.

There was such a headache with doing yearly evaluations and lots of paperwork in the past but now due to successfactors, we all communicate much more efficiently and effectively. It truly makes performance management a breeze.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Amanda K.
Amanda K.

"success"

What do you like best?

quick sign off on training material and easy to review training through reports generated

What do you dislike?

multiple clicks just to complete one type of training

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this to log training records

Logging training has been the major success. Some problems would be that it will not remember your password and when a new link opens for certain training material it refreshes and sometimes says that training is not complete.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Lots of Features Pretty Simple"

What do you like best?

The interface is friendly and mostly easy to use. You can change the layout to make it customized for what you'd like to see.

What do you dislike?

It's not always intuitive to find what you're looking for and trying to figure out how to do what you want to do can be challenging at times too..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty good system and decently easy to use for the variety of things it can do. I like using it to search for jobs and apply, that process is very simple. I use it to complete learning assignments that are given to me, which is also very simple and I can search for other courses that are offered. I use it to complete my goals and appraisal each year, which is simple, but not always intuitive. I spent quite a bit of time this year trying to find my older appraisals and had 2 other people trying to help me figure it out too, we eventually did, but it wasn't intuitive.

We use it for applying for jobs, goal setting, and

SAP SuccessFactors review by Andre R.
Andre R.

"SuccessFactors is a Success!"

What do you like best?

Successfactors is very user friendly, easy to use and intuitive. I love using it when completing my annual reviews.

What do you dislike?

It should have more functionalities available, it feels limited. I wish i could use it more and avail many more of its functions so that I can comprehensively take advantage of its potential to improve workflow in the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a shot, it's a great product!!!

Performance Review.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Works but there are overlapping areas and sometimes it's not intuitive."

What do you like best?

The automatic evaluation text generator. It saves a lot of time and can really get you off to a quick start when evaluating the performance of others. The calibration part of the process is quite good. It is compatible with different browsers and there is no need to install anything on your machine.

What do you dislike?

Not very intuitive. Long and repetitive screen when evaluating others and you can get a bit lost between similar looking sections. The feature to ask for feedback form others should include an option for external partners that are not integrated into success factors - perhaps in the form of a shareable link that would lead the users to a web form etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you invest the time to use it to the end.

I have seen peers who just dropped it after some time and it was a pity!

Evaluation and Assessment of Personnel

SAP SuccessFactors review by Kiran B.
Kiran B.

"Intuitive and User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

Success Factors is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere without being connected to the company network or SAP GUI. The org chart, performance management and recruitment management are very intuitive and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Integration from Core ERP could be improved and be strictly PI/PO based connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrating with SAP PI/PO is a better approach than flat file integration.

Users can access the SF from anywhere, being a cloud based solution. Community linking with JAM lets the organization to interact with employees and employees with each other. It's easy to communicate new technology, process deployments throughout the organization. Our performance management system has been really streamlined thanks to SuccessFactors!

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Way harder to use than it should be"

What do you like best?

The KPI plans and Development plan sections are pretty easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to make changes, you often have to go through professional services. The people in the support portal often don't know what they are doing. The LMS has a different backend, which causes all kinds of issues. the LMS in general is soo hard to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they are improving things, but I think the LMS has a lot of work to do to make it more user friendly.

It makes performance management and development planning easier.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Gaurav K.
Gaurav K.

"ESS made easy"

What do you like best?

after moving from SAP ESS/MSS portal to SAP SuccessFactors EC, the role of consultant has become really easy. We are able to mantain a very transparent relation with client.

What do you dislike?

Not too many customizations available as SAP ERP

it has become a one-stop shop for all HR related queries.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Allyson R.
Allyson R.

"Wound Care Staff Nurse, Large Academic Medical Center"

What do you like best?

Gives a writing feature that guides you in responding to performance review questions.

What do you dislike?

Slightly confusing to navigate. It is not intuitive as to where to click to access various features. For instance, there is a "public profile" drop down menu, which I may not have realized had various options nested beneath it. Also, when you pull up the various menu options, the print is small and the screen "busy".

I utilize it mainly to track my salary range and fill out my self evaluations of my work performance. I enjoy being able to access this information in one location, as well as to be able to save and return to it periodically.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Computer Software

"Great system if you have MySpace and a pager."

What do you like best?

This would have been a great system in the 90's.

What do you dislike?

Archaic Software

Slow moving through the site

Unreliable connection-almost every Friday unable to login

Candidates are not able to be filtered by city /state on main page

Unable to move candidate through process without having to find them in a new tab to find new status

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your recruiters doing 60-80% administrative work vs recruiting it's the right system for you.

I think an excel sheet would work better.

No benefits.

Moved to system due to parent company.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Giant step backwards for software"

What do you like best?

Very little. I with my company would have tested this first and written user reviews before purchase. I don't know how much we paid, but we lose money every time someone tries to use the software.

What do you dislike?

The software is totally non-intuitive. It takes me much longer to manage my staff and to add positions for new staff. The interface to view new candidates for positions is really screwy. It pushed all of the labor hours from HR to Engineering to manage people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you see a demo from a user before purchasing this product. Definitely some of the worst corporate software I have ever seen.

N/A

SAP SuccessFactors review by Napoleon "Sonny" E.
Napoleon "Sonny" E.

"Success Factors - Jury is out"

What do you like best?

I can access my profile on the go. This is the first time EY has implemented it. So I was and still am reluctant to use SF on my phone. But using it on my laptop, it is great!! I like that I can see how others view my performance alongside my own personal evaluation of my work.

What do you dislike?

Haven't used it long enough to find any issue with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looks good so far. Will update if possible in about 6 months.

Haven't used it long enough to find any issue with it.

"SuccessFactors"

What do you like best?

SuccessFactors has been one of my top choices for administrator purposes and traditional user experiences across the board. From an admin perspective, password resets and account unlocks are quick to resolve. From an end-user perspective, the training portal is simple to navigate. The time clock and time off request process is solid. I appreciate the overall cloud-based solutions it offers - easily accessible on my phone or work device.

What do you dislike?

Although I have yet to identify a dislike, I'll be researching Active Directory integration options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Training resources and integrations for employee performance.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Learning Management System"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to customize it for our customer base and personalize for our organizations branding

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some of the search functionality and reporting is cumbersome and confusion for the user.

We needed a more centralized system for multiple stakeholders including franchisee community and internal community on one platform.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Great program for learning/training courses"

What do you like best?

The program allows for a lot of training courses to be accessed by users. The system makes it easy to access the trainings and keep a record of the courses completed.

What do you dislike?

I have had a couple issues where the trainings have not been marked completed after going through the course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system for corporate training.

The system keeps track of the trainings that I have completed. It also allows for curriculums to be created and added to users so that all necessary trainings are completed.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Computer Software

"Every company needs this HR software! "

What do you like best?

Amazing user interface, easy to use, addresses all HR issues. I love the learning management tools and performance management section of the software. It's super easy to input your goals and for your manager to e-sign off on them. Everything is located in a centralized location and all is on the cloud so you can view SuccessFactors anywhere! The app is also pretty cool too!

What do you dislike?

There are lots of parts to the software so it can get complicated. Also, some parts have a lot of steps so sometimes I felt unmotivated/lazy to finish the whole goal setting part, learning modules, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give it a try! It's great for large companies (who can afford it). Lots of great SAP success factor case studies!

A HR platform that was easy to use and could be accessed anywhere! It's awesome how this is cloud based (plus it can be integrated with other SAP products as well). Performance management was very transparent and I felt aware of what was going on performance wise.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User

"SAP SuccessFactors - Thumbs Up"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the application to quickly move around an employee's file. Not only do we use the application for HR related matters, we also use it for Recruitment. Everything has been pretty self explanatory thus far. The UI is friendly and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not come across anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used other HR systems so I can only evaluate this application.

For a location that has been recently acquired, SF has allowed us to move all of our HR documents and functions into one application. Previously our HR files were housed in multiple systems and recruiting was done in Greenhouse. SF has made things much easier to maneuver around.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Semiconductors
Administrator in Semiconductors

"A potential for a great HCM if implemented correctly with the right change management and training. "

What do you like best?

The one thing I like best about Successfactors are all of the different modules, specifically the Core HR module. It promotes self-service for managers to be able to process HR transactions on their own, with the right training and resources.

What do you dislike?

Because we had such an aggressive timeline for implementation (ten months), a lot of our processed did not work well in the system so there were a lot of process kinks that we had to fix in order for our data to report out correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up plenty of time for Implementation.

As the company grows, we needed a system to promotes scalable services and to promote manager self-service and empower end-users to drive transactional HR decisions on their own.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Katherine H.
Katherine H.

"Best to see hierarchy within company"

What do you like best?

This is the best and most simple software to see the hierarchy within a large company where you work or to be able to find people with in a certain department that you need to contact including their superiors or their assistants

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I just like it is so easy to use event allowing you to click on a photo of the person

The business problem I was facing was not being able to figure out Assistant is who so this is an easy way to find the assistants

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Gold Standard in Employee Review and Goal Setting Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use in sharing and reviewing goals; has email interface that allows easy share of information and updates; does what it promises; links to other systems

What do you dislike?

Password set up is not intuitive; some of the screens for goal attainment are not logically linked; color scheme is dated; needs a visual redesign for ease of use

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the gold standard that I have used at several organizations - you really can't go wrong here.

Turned a goal setting and review system from paper-filled to paper-less

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Research
User in Research

"Success Factors - Could be easier"

What do you like best?

There is a lot to like about Success Factors. The ease of use in setting up objectives, being able to put timelines to those objectives and also putting completion percentage down as well.

What do you dislike?

The software always seems a little buggy. It often skips letters and/or makes it difficult to save while using.

We used to use an older version of SAP for performance management, but we went to Success Factors to make it easier to use and more geared toward performance management and career development.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Financial Services

"Nice for tracking career progress"

What do you like best?

The UI is quite easy to use and there are a lot of options for things like goals and career progress

What do you dislike?

The UI is kind of slow on IE11 - which is our corporate standard and is the standard at a lot of places. Also, it is kind of a bolt-on to our other HR systems, so it is another separate set of data to maintain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth considering if you have a need for employee engagement in their career arc.

It is a great tool for employees to track their goals and career progress throughout the year, and they are able to see how meeting their goals can get them to the next level as far as their jobs go.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Success factors"

What do you like best?

It look good and delivers what is promises.

What do you dislike?

It is not configurable. All companies are not alike but it puts us in a box with what THEY think is best practice. We think they make up their own best practices because it is easier to code. The real world of comp doesnt always work based on how a system wants you to do things. So we end up doing a lot manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go cloud based

Manage year end planning. It is better than spreadsheets!

SAP SuccessFactors review by Lili S.
Lili S.

"Success Factors "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to house all applicants in one system. It is easy to find job requisitions and the candidates that have applied.

What do you dislike?

Seems a little outdated, it could definitely be updated.

Smoother hiring process and tracking for our recruiting team and hiring managers

SAP SuccessFactors review by Kathleen F.
Kathleen F.

"Total Frustration!"

What do you like best?

Great idea but poor execution and poor customer service.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service. Too many billing problems and system crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This company is way too big to try to resolve issues. I have been passed around to so many customer service reps to try to get issues resolved, I've lost count.

We were trying to provide a viable means to manage by fact for employee performance reviews, however the numerous system crashes along with the billing issues have outweighed any possible benefits of using this app.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Short lived product at my company."

What do you like best?

Doing reviews this way was quicker and easier to fill out then our paper system of tracking objectives.

What do you dislike?

I thought the platform was kind of hard to navigate and I would have to look up the email sent by HR just to find the link to access it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since I only utilized the performance tracking, I can say that it did a good job with performance tracking and was nice that it kept both sides (management and reports) accountable. This didn't really take off within the company though and was abandoned when our company was restructured. Based on Management preference.

We used this platform to track quarterly objectives which not all managers were good at keeping up with.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Success Factors Succession and Development"

What do you like best?

We were looking to add a software to help us with retention. Success Factors' product of Succession and Development has a tool that was exactly what we needed. It would allow employees to chart out their career growth. Very cool.

What do you dislike?

Implementation was the road block due to our IT department , it was not SAP's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our HR IT software that we used was not very good. Be sure that your IT department and HRIS team is on board with "helping" adding new software systems.

Retention is a huge issue with our culture. one of the reasons was perceived lack of advancement. The software would allow employees to engage in participating in their own potential.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Multiple uses"

What do you like best?

There are multiple features of SuccessFactors, lots of different options available and to customize under 1 reporting tree

What do you dislike?

I can get confusing to use, as there are multiple ways to navigate to a specific page due to the multi-use nature of the program.

In addition to the multi-use feature where you can customize the different items to display under the reporting tree, the data is live and therefore mulitple people can easily view the same info simultaneously without any lag or delay.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Frank "Mac" S.
Frank "Mac" S.

"SuccessFactors review"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use and intuitive. It is not confusing or overwhelming at first. Simple menus and drop downs make it user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing. I cannot find anything to fault the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great personnel management and development tool.

HR talent management and development.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User

"the funtionalities are no very easy to find"

What do you like best?

i Like that I can update my objectives directly. Autosave function is one of the highest attribute of the system. laso the capability of dowloading the objetives in a PDF file is a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that is not so intuitive in their menus. Funtions are hidden where is not so obvious.

defining objectives of te year, Mid year review and perfomance follow up

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easy to use, effective "

What do you like best?

I like this application because it is easy to use but very to the point. Everything I need is on there and you can set up using a QR code from the business. This app allows you to complete your profile step by step also including your tax and payroll information all in one spot. I love the app and think it is very effective!

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it is a little difficult to find on the App Store.

Organization; this all allows me to keep all of my documents for my job in one place as well as make sure all of my information is up to date.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Gretchen W.
Gretchen W.

"SuccessFactors is a valuable tool"

What do you like best?

It's got a very user-friendly UI. I love the tiles and how they're customizable.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. The notifications work great, it's easy to see what status there is, etc.

Tracking personal and team goals.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Justin K.
Justin K.

"Solid software that continues to improve each year."

What do you like best?

SuccessFactors offers a wide variety of products covering the entire full talent suite including L&D, succession, recruiting, and performance management software. Having a "one-stop-shop" for all of our talent management needs was a major factor in our software choice. This not only provides a better user experience for our employees, but consolidates our data into one place.

Also, the software is highly configurable. While this varies by module, there is typically a lot room to configure both the functionality and aesthetics of the software.

What do you dislike?

Some of the products were purchased later on and "bolted" to the existing software. Unfortunately, these pieces can end up not meshing well with the existing system. They sometimes require separate log-ins, additional uploads/permission/management, and separate reporting. There hasn't been much of an effort by SuccessFactors to better align these products so that there is a fluid transition between modules.

Parts of the software are dated. They either lack functionality that most systems have today or simply look like older technology. The v12 update was a huge improvement but is only available for some modules.

Much of the software feels like it was "designed" by programmers. The user interface is not the most intuitive and can be confusing for non tech-savvy users. Even more astute users struggle with over-complicated processes and layouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to map out exactly what you'd like to accomplish with the software. This will identify potential issues or software deficiencies early on in your evaluation. While SuccessFactors will help guide your process creation during scoping and implementation, you need to know up front if key elements can be included in the process or that specific results can be achieved.

Also, talk to other customers with similar needs/processes to see how well the system supports them. That way, you get more of an apples to apples comparison.

We were able to implement formalized recruiting, performance management, and succession programs for the first time in our company's history.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User

"easy to use and update goals/achievements"

What do you like best?

I like that there is an easy process for evaluations of employees--offering aid and samples for those who need it while entering goals and more.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about this application.

It is user friendly for employees to be able to rate themselves, and for me to rate them, then have those go to upper management and essentially used to generate an annual raise for employees.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"Solid performance with a variety of customization options."

What do you like best?

It's tough to narrow this down... As simple as it sounds, Single Sign On was a huge thing for achieving adoption at our company because it made it easy for our users and less like some special chore. They could just click the link on our company intranet page and they were there - no different than if they were checking the food option in the cafeteria that day. So that was huge.

But other things I like is the a la carte, modular nature of the product. We begin our implementation with Goals, Performance, and Recruiting. We've both grown our platform and continued to tweak the design of each of those modules as we've learned more about our processes and the software. The ability for admins to make changes through the SuccessFactory tool is great as well.

What do you dislike?

The project implementers aren't always great at telling you what you shouldn't do. You can customize and jury rig lots of elements of the software to make it do almost anything or fit any process flow that you might want. But sometimes that makes it clunky, unwieldy, and really just difficult for your users. You'd be much better off altering your process to conform to the standard SuccessFactors setup in these cases than trying really hard to make the software fit your process. We had several cases where our person implementing our new module would say "sure we can do that" when they should have said "we can do that....but we should probably do this instead."

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really good product. Get advice on best practices for both your process flow and SuccessFactors implementation. Learn from other users. Get executive support. Make really good training. Do these things and you'll have a successful launch.

When our company engaged with SuccessFactors we didn't even have performance reviews, let alone a system for capturing them. We've totally changed the culture in terms of encouraging discussions about performance, setting goals, and pursuing personal learning and development.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Avneesh K.
Avneesh K.

"Comprehensive career management utility"

What do you like best?

It's a comprehensive utility for career management, from goal setting to reviews to performance appraisals, all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The interface is rather slow - from click to load takes too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worthwhile in a large organisation (500+ headcount).

We use SuccessFactors for performance management. The tool is scalable, and is easy to integrate with other ERP modules.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Next generation user interface in enterprise HR space"

What do you like best?

Rich functionality in areas like talent management, masterdata management, learning, recruiting and onboarding etc.,

Simple and clean user interface.

What do you dislike?

Page load performance was little 'not-so' smooth. Not sure if it is only in the instance that I'm using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SuccessFactors is an SAP company - who are leaders in enterprise resource planning space. Highly recommend their modules to effectively and efficiently manage employee-related aspects in your organization.

E-learning

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Simple"

What do you like best?

This program is easy to use. On boarding new hires is a seamless and easy process.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that it isn't integrated to any of our other programs. We need to log into this program for some stuff and other programs to finish stuff.

New hires, online training, pay stubs and many other things. I noticed it can be a one stop shop.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Learning Management for the future! "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that SuccessFactors is willing to work towards the future and more specifically the future of learning. I have found that with each patch release they are listening to their customers and trying to include things that will make their experience better.

What do you dislike?

We are currently a validated SaaS on premise and are looking to transition to the cloud. It is hard as a validated company to know that we will need to constantly be upgrading because of the six month release schedule and that customization will be done away with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Network and ask around to see what issues and challenges others are having!

Working in an industry that requires a validated learning system requires that you have a great service. SuccessFactors has provided us this and product management has worked with our life sciences group specifically to ensure that we are meeting the business requirements that our regulations require us to meet.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Success Factors Employee Central"

What do you like best?

We centralized all our HR functions using the SF Suite. Starting with Employee Central and Learning Management, we then did the other modules including Talent, Performance, and Work force.

What do you dislike?

Integration with BOOMI for our 7 interfaces needs to be replaced by SAP Cloud Platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the people you have and get the new people you need with Success Factors for HCM.

Huge benefits to attract great staff using Talent and manage staff with Performance. Centralizing Learning Management allows us to keep all training in one place and the Employee Central Org. Chart allows all our staff a portal to see everything from Pay, Performance, Training, Benefits, etc.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Paper & Forest Products
Administrator in Paper & Forest Products

"Efficient way to track applicants"

What do you like best?

The ease of reviewing applications and resumes and being able to disposition them easily. I also manage multiple requisitions so it's nice to be have access to ALL applicants in one place.

What do you dislike?

Not able to export data into PDF files or spreadsheets. Searching for candidates doesn't work across the platform. Wish there was an easy way to find anyone who has applied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and user friendly especially to newer HR employees

Effectively being able to manage multiple requisitions and applicants. It is also helpful in tracking where a candidate is in the application process.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Works well for current application"

What do you like best?

We use SuccessFactors as a means of completing our mid and end year performance reviews, as well as creating Goals. It is fairly simple to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

Our particular software times out quickly and doesn't allow for importing a set template from Excel or Word. If we want to create a bulleted summary, it's pretty much copy and pasted rather than integrating a detailed list in.

It allows our salaried staff to interface with their managers based on performance and set goals. It keeps your history and creates a story about yourself, rather than just files somewhere in a drawer.

SAP SuccessFactors review by David F.
David F.

"SuccessFactors - PerfMgmt, Training, ATS"

What do you like best?

I manage the ATS/recruiting and have not found any major issues. As a recruiter, I find it fairly intuitive and easy to navigate. The candidate portal is straight forward as well.

What do you dislike?

The ATS is a part of the entire system, and therefore, I can't change something in the ATS without changing it system wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a thorough analysis of all the modules you want to consider.

Candidate employment experience is much better.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Performance Magic with SuccessFactors"

What do you like best?

I enjoy having access to a program that tracks annual reviews from year to year. It’s easy to reference old reviews and performance metrics.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints at this time with the application

Tracking of team performance is easier in the application. The ability to set up goals and easily share with leaders within the organization

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator

"A platform with the diversity for data and processes"

What do you like best?

Many processes and data is stored on the same platform.

What do you dislike?

Since it's on the cloud, it can go down and work is put on hold for a while. It is slower than other programs.

"one stop shop" for employees and managers instead of using different platforms for different processes.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"User Friendly, but is down for a lot of maintenance"

What do you like best?

The organized tiles on the homepage and the Performance Guide tracker throughout the year

What do you dislike?

Success Factors / People Central is user friendly, but my company has to perform a lot of maintenance work, which causes it to go offline often

I have not experienced any personal business problems. The benefit of a performance guide tracker helps keep me conscious of monthly goals I've set.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Success factors for HR"

What do you like best?

I like how organized and compartmentalized the site is set up. It makes it easier to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Some of the descriptions are misleading, but that could be a company thing, not an application thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is great for compiling all employee and company information in one location.

We currently use this for HR in the company. It allows employees to see some of their information on record, which we previously did not have.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User

"Easy to use and executive performance"

What do you like best?

Main view is a board with the relevant aspects, status, priority tasks

Allows tracking of first and second line reporting teams: evaluations, completed tasks, performance

Independent access on the internet, you do not need to be at the office

What do you dislike?

It is not a collaborative environment, they only complete activities individually

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good option to organize training processes, management measurement and personnel evaluation

Workflow of the performance evaluation process, each stage is developed and closed to ensure that the process is completed

SAP SuccessFactors review by James M.
James M.

"6 years of experience working with SuccessFactors"

What do you like best?

The compensation module is excellent. Employee Central is also quite good.

What do you dislike?

The move to V12 for PM forms leaves the customer with limited configuration choices and the administration tools are not yet up to the functionality that customers get using SuccessFactory and the v11 forms. Also when running Employee Central, the integration with Compensation is not as good as it should be. Customers using data files for uploading the Comp forms have more configuration choices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very critical if the reporting solutions offered. Even with advanced reporting and Boomi, the here are significant limitations.

I have solved numerous business process problems by automating with SuccessFactors. I have also used the PM module and routemap functionality to automate other general HR process not tied to Performance or Compensation planning. Ex: Created electronic versions of an Employee Change Form and used the system to route them to approvers.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"No longer using, but many miss it"

What do you like best?

The user friendly interface is it's biggest appeal, but the ability to store an expand on information previously inputted in extremely useful especially when completing reviews.

What do you dislike?

Wasn't overly impressed with the capabilities of the program, I felt it could have offered more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their training and support group.

Mid year and annual reviews. Storage for documents to be utilized by teams and a centralized location for others to add documents for group review. I know quality assurance also uses this program to track, measure and review successes and failures.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"SuccessFactors is a great way to connect with your entire organization"

What do you like best?

SuccessFactors is a great way to connect with your entire organizationI . I can see my teams hierarchy.

What do you dislike?

I can see pictures of my coworkers and the reporting structure

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely

I can see pictures of my coworkers and the reporting structure. I can research what division of the company they are in

SAP SuccessFactors review by Anthony R.
Anthony R.

"SuccessFactors: Works; not fancy"

What do you like best?

Objectives and goals are well laid out and easy to edit.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes hard to navigate, particularly when trying to review previous review periods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lay out your requirements, try to get a demo to find if the software satisfies them, and get input from colleagues regarding ease of use.

We use it for yearly performance reviews. Having it cloud-based means I can do them from home!

SAP SuccessFactors review by Susan Z.
Susan Z.

"Intuitive user interface but admin side and implementation need a lot of improvement"

What do you like best?

In general the user interface of Success Factor systems are very intuitive and user friendly. Especially the performance management, succession planning, and talent calibration modules. Their LMS is the pearl on the crown, it is a great platform to host all types of trainings and makes training management a lot more efficient and effective.

What do you dislike?

The admin side of the system is often cumbersome. Unless you are processing the system on a daily basis, you will have to have the admin workbook or admin manual right next to you and follow it step by step in order to get something done, because the process procedures are often not as friendly as the user interface.

I completed the LMS implementation one year ago, and now I am taking the lead to implement their onboarding module. I have to say that the implementation is a painful process. SF always ask us to use other implementation consultant to help with the implementation, however partly because the onboarding module is not 100% ready yet (in my view), and partly because the communication gap between the consultant and SF, the integration of onboarding with recruiting and the core system, has not been successful after 3 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I want to use this metaphor: the baby is beautiful, however the delivery of the baby is super painful and needs a lot of skills to take care of the baby.

Busienss objective - an integral HRIS to host all human capital management elements and HR service activities.

Benefits - HR process efficiency and effectiveness

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Not the most user-friendly product"

What do you like best?

The ability to proxy when troubleshooting for employee

What do you dislike?

It's not very user-friendly--hard to run reports, find the right places to change settings and build out templates

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't a dedicated support person for your account, you will have to submit tickets or call into a support desk in order to receive any help with the system. The system is not very intuitive so it takes a while to figure out how to navigate it.

Being able to conduct performance review online/paperless

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Love sap"

What do you like best?

Plateau LMS. The best way to track cgmp training and documentation.

What do you dislike?

Can be glitchy , lots of scheduled maintenance . If using with an international company it can be hard to suss through documentation.

Training and development , annual recertifications , SOP revisions, minimized number of training personnel . Training is now basically self paced with the employee and since there is the use of e signatures and privilege restrictions in place we almost eliminate the possibility of errors in training .

SAP SuccessFactors review by Internal Consultant in E-Learning
Internal Consultant in E-Learning

"Best Tool for Human Capital Management"

What do you like best?

SucessFactors provides us excellent features for Human Capital Management. We have found great help at different stages and utilities such as recruiting, payroll and motivation tools.

What do you dislike?

As most of cloud-bases tools for Human Capital Management, SucessFactors seems to be quite expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have staff dedicated to take the training on this tool in order to maximize benefits when using it

Recruiting, Payroll, Attendance Records, Retention and Engagement, Record Keeping. We have found the best help in saving time and resources for the mentioned areas.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Suzann B.
Suzann B.

"SuccessFactors BizX - Moderate Fan"

What do you like best?

- The implementation consultants are top-notch.

- Ease of use for both administrators and users.

- Clean, professional look and feel (you can tell it is not lipstick on a pig).

- Language Pack - we purchased the Russian Language Pack since 75% of our employee population is in the Russian Federation.

What do you dislike?

- The handoff from implementation to support is terrible. The support team has no access to the implementation consultants, resulting in excessive amount of time to resolve simple support issues. Routine, recurring requests take up to three (3) weeks to resolve. Rarely do I work with the same support resource, which means I have to start at Square One every time I submit a support case.

- Not all modules are fully integrated with the BizX suite, although we were led to believe all modules are fully integrated. While the Compensation module is robust and feature-rich, it is a challenge to integrate with the Employee Central module. Same goes with the Recruiting Module.

- SuccessFactors does not provide a fully functioning TEST instance. The TEST instance was used to implement the modules. However, the TEST instance is not refreshed on a regular basis. Each time we need our TEST instance refreshed, it costs $5,000. When creating new permission roles in our TEST instance, then recreating in our PRODUCTION instance, we get different results. In one situation, this was the root cause of a serious security breach, where everything tested fine in TEST, but not in PRODUCTION.

- The company has over 1,000 employees worldwide. Before SuccessFactors was implemented, weekly headcount reporting was done using five (5) Excel spreadsheets, prepared by an HR user in each of our five (5) regions around the world. The weekly headcount report took 1 ½ days to prepare and validate.

- With SuccessFactors, the weekly headcount report takes less than 1 hour to prepare and validate.

- Global employee data is up to date and accurate.

- Employees worldwide now use one system for Performance Review, Annual and Quarterly Goal setting, viewing organization charts and their own personal and employment information.

- SuccessFactors is our single version of truth related to global employee information. It is a valuable tool for both HR and Finance.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Victoria Felicity E.
Victoria Felicity E.

"SuccessFactors "

What do you like best?

I like the reporting and analytic capabilities of the system. I think it has a lot of powerful resources for managers to help them drive performance and goals.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the customer service. It has improved over the last 3 years, but it is still difficult to solve problems in a timely manner. A lot of the system can be figured out but you have to know EXACTLY the right question to ask or it may get sent to another support agent.

We are utilizing successfactors for Compensation and Performance management and we have been able to drive goals and create a great management tool for employees and managers to work through.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Timothy C.
Timothy C.

"SuccessFactors is a success"

What do you like best?

The User Interface is intuitive and inviting. It makes simple task, simple again. Navigating around the menus is like navigating Amazon, everything in its rightful place. They are constantly releasing major update which is always adding to functionality and overall performance improvements.

What do you dislike?

Downtime, as with in Cloud based system you are at the mercy of the data centers. When one goes down, you go down. lately they have made significant strides to improve downtime and major outages.

I also dislike how some of the modules are still so disconnected. SF was built by acquisitions, Learning came from Plateu, RMK came from Jobs2Web. There are still many elements that are disconnected and do not communicate to each other in a simplistic way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose the right implementation partner, and whatever time they quote. Double it.

I have worked on EC, Goals, Performance, Learning, Recruiting, and Succession. Each one has solved major issues within the companies I have worked for. Learning is by far my favorite and I can't imagine a better LMS out there.

There are tons of Pros along with Cons to any SuccessFactors implementation. They main thing to keep in mind is customization is bad, learn to adapt to the software as much as possible and you will be in a much better place.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

I like that all of the information is searchable

What do you dislike?

Successfactors does not connect to any other software and makes it hard to have a cohesive employee profile.

We now have an organized portal for employees to use when applying for a job and searching for potential jobs.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Very easy to use software"

What do you like best?

We just switched to Success Factors, and the transition has been great, so much easier to navigate than our previous software.

What do you dislike?

Out of everything I've used, I have zero complaints.

We use Success Factors for our PA cycles, and creating/ submitting PA's are much faster now.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

Great functionality and wide platform support

What do you dislike?

Layout is very basic and leaves something to be desired. Also do not like that we can only have one admin at a time

Excellent program for training modules, and excellent tracking of progress of my team

SAP SuccessFactors review by Karthik G.
Karthik G.

"Not Bad, but Not Very good either"

What do you like best?

Good tool for performance reviews. Employees and Managers can enter goals and review at one place.

What do you dislike?

The UI is not intuitive. Tracking any feedback is not easy. The application crashes when I am working on something. .

Performance and project reviews.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Ashly J.
Ashly J.

"Success factors"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly. The trainings are easy to load and have very little issues. It also does a great job of showing employee progress and org charts.

What do you dislike?

Not much I feel the application is easy to use

Training for new employees

SAP SuccessFactors review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Excellent User Experience"

What do you like best?

the best thing about successfactors is that the recent innovations have increased the satisfaction of the use experience. each quarter gets even better.

What do you dislike?

there are times when there are outages at odd times - inconvenient at best

more visibilty - more awareness - executive involvement

SAP SuccessFactors review by Juan Sebastian A.
Juan Sebastian A.

"Simple for users"

What do you like best?

Is easy to answer the pools and surveys, have a nice communication feature like a social network

What do you dislike?

Not everything in the tool is have the same UX, is weird because sometimes seems you are in a different software

HR Surveys, Climate and Engagement

SAP SuccessFactors review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"SuccessFactors for training curriculum"

What do you like best?

Being able to queue various training modules.

What do you dislike?

From time to time, you can take a course, but it does not register as being completed.

Formalized training agenda by job description or group of training material.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Good but not great"

What do you like best?

Love the way it syncs with other systems. It’s nice that it can perform so many things so you only have to have one tool

What do you dislike?

There are areas where there is SO much to do that it ends up not being user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy more than you think you need in the package. It can do a lot but it doesn’t help if the company doesn’t purchase those features

Use the tool for performance and compensation planning

SAP SuccessFactors review by Chris U.
Chris U.

"Good Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the search ability of learning subjects.

What do you dislike?

The glitches that happen when you finish courses. Sometimes it shows that they aren’t complete until you go back in and re-complete them.

Having a training database for relevant training for all positions.

SAP SuccessFactors review by User in Higher Education

"Complete package"

What do you like best?

Navigation is simple and straightforward

What do you dislike?

Can't really think of any features or lack thereof that I dislike

I use success factors to track performance improvement and you consolidate data for mid year and year end review purposes.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Andy C.
Andy C.

"All-in-one solution for personal details"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and has a good mobile suite of apps to complement the website.

What do you dislike?

UI can be a little clunky on some devices

Moving several HR databases into single SuccessFactors application, including payslips

SAP SuccessFactors review by User

"SuccessFactors is a realtively affordable, but inherently limited option."

What do you like best?

Comp. Planning functionality and the Perf. Management forms

What do you dislike?

The difficultly of assigning analytics privileges

We have drastically reduced our Year End PM/Comp cycle time and have saved thousands by integrating the Recruiting program, after switching over from iCIMS.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Shalisha H.
Shalisha H.

"Clean, straightforward way to manage goals and performance"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and straightforward. It's a great tool for creating and managing goals.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike as of yet.

It's a simpler way to keep track of how employees are performing throughout the year.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Salim M.
Salim M.

"Success factors review"

What do you like best?

year end team reviews

360 reviews

Career planning

What do you dislike?

Nothing - tool works extremely well

I can't think of any missing features

Mid year and year end employee reviews run seasmlessly

Career planning guidance is captured and facilitates in year planning

SAP SuccessFactors review by Kevin N.
Kevin N.

"Robust Compensation Functionality"

What do you like best?

Handle both Compensation Management and Variable Pay. A good replacement of SAP Enterprise Compensation Management functionality

What do you dislike?

Lack of ODATA and SFAPI support for better data file transfer between on prem SAP HCM module.

Better user experience with Compensation Management.

SAP SuccessFactors review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Get's the job done. - As a Manager."

What do you like best?

The Org chart view is nice. The iOS app is nice to have too. It allows you to find contact info (phone numbers, email, ect) without having those contact on your phone. The guide for rating your employees too is a good feature. It is very helpful when you have a lot of reviews to do in a short time. It give you a bunch of canned responses that you can personalize.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to improve on. It's not easy to navigate around and can be confusing. The implementation work seemed to be difficult as well for our HR team when trying to make changes. The tool is on dimensional, at least our implementation was. Employee reviews were all we got out of it. We only used it a few times a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure there are other competitive products on the market, but i would review them first before make a decision on this product. You will want to do a cost benefit analysis before make a decision on using this product.

We were using SuccessFactors for yearly performance reviews and goal planing.

Learn more about SAP SuccessFactors