Sapling

Sapling enables companies to provide a simple, intuitive and consistent employee onboarding experience.

Work for Sapling?

Learning about Sapling?

Sapling Reviews

Ask Sapling a Question
Showing 43 Sapling reviews
Sapling review by Matthew Earl S.
Matthew Earl S.

"Quick & Concise"

What do you like best?

It is easy to connect with colleagues and also includes some personal aspects, like sports teams, which help to break the ice at a new company. It would be interesting to see how far the personal attributes could be continued to make the application slightly more casual when desired though this would sacrifice professionalism of course. But it's great!

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how many things I had to fill out all at once, especially since it isn't very optimized for a mobile user. I think that if it were to be optimized for the mobile user it would be a highly beneficial application for office uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful for inter team communication. Also useful for on boarding in that all of the required documents and tasks are plainly set before you to effectively on-board with minimal friction between the new hire and the rest of the team.

Inter team communications is very beneficial with Sapling because all of us are connected in one place.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sapling
Sapling review by Jesse B.
Jesse B.

"User Friendly Onboarding Like None Other"

What do you like best?

This was the most seamless and helpful onboarding experience I've ever had leading up to Day 1 at a new company. I really appreciate how I was able to preemptively sign important forms and see the profiles of my teammates before I walk into orientation on my first day. I feel much more prepared to meet my coworkers face to face and that "first day at work" anxiety has been significantly reduced for me.

What do you dislike?

I have two extremely small nitpicks related to the profile section. Firstly, the space where we input our linkedin profile url could be more functional I feel. Instead of having a static web address on the page why not make it a hyperlink? Secondly, I'd like to see a preview option for profile photos. I uploaded and saved mine only to discover it was actually blurry once I completed the initial walkthrough and went back to my profile. An alternative photo was necessary but a preview profile/photo would have allow me to discover that in the moment rather than later on.

My company is using Sapling to streamline the onboarding process. Before stepping into the offices on Day One I feel like I've already been able to familiarize myself with my teammates, sign essential paperwork, and work on my new hire checklist. Love it!

What Core HR solution do you use?

Sapling review by Nathalie M.
Nathalie M.

"Expeditious process"

What do you like best?

The setup process was extremely fast, simple, and intuitive. Followed the flow, and was able to complete my profile in just a few minutes, from start to finish.

What do you dislike?

Pages were a bit slow to load once I had completed a specific section, to the point that I thought I wasn't clicking on the next button properly, but that's the main downside, then the tool is doing pretty well!

Create a centralized repository for our growing company, that gives new and current employees quick access to not just their teams but org charts of the organization. You quickly realize the benefits of a tool like this when you didn't previously have access to that kind of information.

Sapling review by User

"Clean, Neat, and Straight-forward"

What do you like best?

All the information are organized in a very intuitive way and are not crowded over the screen. Also, the workflow is very clean and straight-forward to follow; mostly no confusion. Another plus is that users get to move among tabs if they have their own workflow to be efficient. All that, it is a very efficient on-boarding tool to help both HR and the new-hires.

What do you dislike?

First of all, it may make people more comfortable how all the data are store and managed to ensure the privacy and safety. Say, and disclaimer what protection is in place to protect users ' data.

Second, while user may jump around tabs by their own order. It would be helpful if there is an indicator of progress, say, percentage of completeness on each tab, so that users know how far they are in the progress.

It makes the on-boarding process extremely streamlined and productively without too much HR involved directly. It also helps the new-hires start to learn more the company as well as the company learn them before the first day.

Sapling review by Milan E.
Milan E.

"It was simpler than anything I've ever used for onboarding"

What do you like best?

The entire process felt simpler and quicker than it did using paper and pencil (like with most jobs I've had in the past). It was also easier and faster than any other programs I've used. I normally don't care for the plethora of questions and information required to enter and re-enter in the onboarding process for a new job. I'm just glad it was so much faster here.

What do you dislike?

At first, I was sure what to do. And since I was afraid to click 'sign document' for any part (because I didn't want to sign what I didn't have a chance to fill out), I tried looking around for a minute, trying to figure out if there were any other options (like entering the information before signing). When I went ahead and clicked the 'sign document' link, I realized that was the way to do all that, and then everything became easy.

Onboarding is handled with Sapling. Efficiency is the greatest benefit here.

Sapling review by aliyah r.
aliyah r.

"Simple, easy and quick."

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to navigate and find things. It's informative, simple and easy to update your profile and complete your tasks and documents.

What do you dislike?

At times, it's a little difficult to see the spaces you're able to type in. For example, if you were trying to edit your profile and you click the editing button, the background color of spaces where you're able to write in is the same as the page itself. I had a little trouble finding the spaces to write in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for companies with an abundance of employees.

N/A as this is my first day of work, but I'm sure it helps solve many issues.

Sapling review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"Onboarding and More, Like None Other"

What do you like best?

Sapling originally attracted my attention because of their onboarding experience. If you are looking for an easy way to take your employee experience up a notch or two, there are no other products in the market like it. With Sapling, I have been able to easily implement an employee buddy program, eliminate paper checklists for onboarding tasks and activities, and collaborate with IT, IS, and Ops to ensure that new employees have all the resources needed to ensure success from day one. I also really enjoy the employee directory feature, where you can toggle between a list of employees and an org chart view. There are also lots of integrations with various ATS and collaboration tools, including Slack and Lever. Sapling's team is also very responsive to customer feedback, and continues to implement new features that add functionality and enhance the user experience.

What do you dislike?

A feature that does not currently exist within Sapling is a main dashboard to manage all employees and bulk edit information. There is a dashboard to manage onboarding and offboarding, which displays all the critical information needed like title, start date, etc.. Sapling's support team is very responsive and helps me make bulk changes to employee data, but for people who are more DIY like myself building an employee dashboard with bulk edit functionality would be helpful.

Through using Sapling, my office has been able to automate onboarding, track progress of employees, and identify areas where a manager or employee may need more support. Sapling also helps employees get to know each other, and has reporting functionality so we can quickly run custom reports on employee information.

Sapling review by Amaya J.
Amaya J.

"Great Onboarding Tool!"

What do you like best?

Sapling was an easy to use tool and I was able to create my own profile and see my coworkers profiles before I even joined the team! This was a great feature because many times you don't have any access to that information until your first day

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that I couldn't print out my W4 form and that was a little complicated for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would add a print feature

Sapling is used by my company to onboard new employees. I had not used it before and it is a more personalized experience which is something that is lacking on most onboarding experiences

Sapling review by Aminah V.
Aminah V.

"Incredible"

What do you like best?

I was actually very pleasantly surprised with my experience with Sapling. I've went through the on-boarding process at 3 other companies and none of them were this smooth. I liked the efficiency, the organization, how I could see my team beforehand and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There was honestly nothing I disliked, I think the tool is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Possibly a chat function to communicate with more of the team members.

The business problem is HR organization , efficiency and time. Sapling touches on all of these problems.

Sapling review by Internal Consultant in Retail
Internal Consultant in Retail

"The convinces of sapling"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to be able to communicate and to just do it from home then having to go all over the place to be able to get documents through and to be able to check information. It’s like a portable agenda, but at the same time a great way to have all the information in a organized manner. It’s all in one click, at your convenience.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little hard to figure out at first, but only because it works best with specific browsers. Once you start using it with the proper browser it’s honestly really easy to use.

It’s giving me the abilities to keep myself organized and being able to have all required documentation in at the right times.

Sapling review by thomas k.
thomas k.

"No problems, and that's good!"

What do you like best?

I think this was the fastest onboarding I've ever encountered, and I have been through dozens. Screens followed logically, no doubts or questions. Everything I would have received at an onsite orientation.

What do you dislike?

First, I was irritated to get a web link instead of a live orientation. (Then I realized a live orientation usually takes all morning.) I really don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience was positive. If I needed an onboarding solution, I would certainly look at Sapling.

speedy, concise, complete

"Intuitive & helpful!"

What do you like best?

This system is super intuitive to use as a new employee. There are several things I wouldn't have thought to do that the system reminded me to do (via our talent management folks).

What do you dislike?

This has nothing to do with Sapling itself, but I definitely somehow lost track of using sapling in the shuffle of starting a new job - until now (been at the new role about a week), and it's so helpful! Just wish I knew how important/useful the tool was earlier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

use this and make sure you tell new hires how helpful it is! emphasize using!

There are many areas to update as a new employee at UCSF, and being assigned tasks in Sapling helps me navigate this process SO much.

Sapling review by Kiom M.
Kiom M.

"Awesome Interface!"

What do you like best?

This is my very first time using the Sapling process and I think it's great! It was easy to follow and the guides along the way let you know when sections have been completed so you don't have to wonder if anything is missing. It's a very comprehensive system for a job that I know will become my career so this feeds into one of the many reasons why I know this company is a fit. The technology is progressive and efficient. Very forward-thinking like Compass.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, so far. It's my first use so all is well.

Compass utilizes this as part of the New Hire and Onboarding process.

Sapling review by Edward L.
Edward L.

"Interesting way to get all on boarding paperwork done in one place"

What do you like best?

Convenient way to be able to go back to look at paperwork to re-read documents of interest as needed without shuffling through piles of paper.

What do you dislike?

It was a little confusing that I was supposed to upload my driver license and ss card pictures. While it had said to do so in the accompanying email, it was not specific in the program. It would have been better to say, "upload driver license here" instead of just "upload" Also, did not like the upfront video. It did not provide any specific needed information, was long and did not respect my time.

I am an applicant, not an employer

Sapling review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best onboarding experience ever."

What do you like best?

The sheer fact that there is an application to help organise all the onboard requirements for a company is brilliant. I haven't experienced such an easy onboarding process in my life.

What do you dislike?

Sorry I know there is always room for improvement, but I really can't think of anything I disliked about it. Except that maybe I had to use my linkedin account to do this review instead of my work gmail account which would have made more sense.

I can only say that it is used for onboarding with this company and it was a great experience for me to go through that process as a new employee.

Sapling review by Shanley M.
Shanley M.

"Designed Very Well"

What do you like best?

I loved using Sapling. I was impressed by the UX UI design. Everything is clean, clear, and straightforward. I would suggest it to any client or colleague.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that stood out to me that I disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is really well thought out and designed. Its worth trying!

The onboarding experience with Sapling was very smooth and got me excited about my new position.

Sapling review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"User-Friendly Experience"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed that Sapling was easy to use and that all the documents that needed signing were listed and easy to access.

What do you dislike?

I didn't dislike anything. I felt everything was seamless and easy to navigate. It was a great way for me to be in touch with the company before our official start date.

Benefits are that I do not have to spend time printing out documents or filling them out on-site. It's great to be able to do this at home at my leisure while being more environmentally friendly with virtual files.

"SEO Outreach Specialist"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is very straightforward. Your program guides the user through each page. I appreciate that there is a representative available to answer any questions I might have - on what appears to be every page of the site. The platform appears to be very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

From my experience, here was not anything I disliked. Not applicable.

I am using Sapling for new hire on-boarding. I am a new hire, transitioning from a contract role to full-time, and Sapling has helped the transition go smooth.

Sapling review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Great Process"

What do you like best?

Friendly User Experience, this as an awesome experience for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the vibrant colors and

What do you dislike?

N/A, this was a smooth evaluation and I will recommend it to all other people if they ask and I would like to impart to anyone who like to know, that this is worth the experience. Many times people go through an hiring online form and have to suffer through slow wait times and buffering but this was not the case here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking your time.

HIRING

Sapling review by Edgar E.
Edgar E.

"Nice Arrival"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the interface and user friendlyness. It connects you pretty fast with everyone in the work place.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing has appeared that I dislike, the flow was pretty good. One knockback is that it kicks me off my account if I stay idle for a short while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apply it as soon as possible.

Communication with other areas and constant feedback with superiors. It makes me have an idea of what team I'm part of at everytime.

Sapling review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Simple and stress-free—the way on-boarding should be!"

What do you like best?

I love the clear instructions and the way the site leads you through your tasks. I also love that once you're signed in, you don't have to continually sign in. It makes it so easy and stress-free.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was some sort of notification for the unfinished tasks. If there is/was a notification, I missed it somehow.

Not sure I understand the question, but the system allowed for a quick introduction into the priority tasks.

Sapling review by User

"Great experience for onboarding"

What do you like best?

I like how it introduces you to other people at the company before your first day. It felt very warm, and it improved my overall impression of my company during the first-day onboarding experience.

What do you dislike?

The paperwork did not load up the first time. Other than that, no bugs that I know of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Comment to the HR reps at your company if you have any questions.

The nervousness of the first day was somewhat remediated by Sapling.

Sapling review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Sapling Onboarding"

What do you like best?

It was very easy for me to follow along with what I needed to have accomplished to start Day 1. No half of my first day spent filling out paperwork was amazing for me!

What do you dislike?

I can't say that I dislike anything, really. All the functionality that I used was very intuitive and easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know new hires would find this ideal everywhere.

It appears to solve a lot of problems with long, drawn-out onboarding.

Sapling review by User

"It's ok, does the job, nice and minimalist, needs a bit of work though"

What do you like best?

Works, decent UI, nice and minimalist, does the job. The logo looks like the Standard Charted one, which, as a Liverpool fan, amuses me.

What do you dislike?

Could be snappier, the loading icon is in the top right which is a bit out of the way, leading to some users hitting buttons over and over (user impatience). Either place the icon more in the user's LOS or make selections inactive.

Could do with some more features. Unsure what.

When you select an office then view a person's profile, and go back, it should remember what you selected :/ :(

Company Tree, holiday request, seeing people joining and when people are off is very useful.

Sapling review by A C.
A C.

"Quick & simple"

What do you like best?

Onboarding was quick & simple. Loved how you can add fun facts about you to add a little personality to your profile.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Clean look & straight to the point!

Onboarding & team profiles

Sapling review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"On-Boarding for the 21st Century!"

What do you like best?

Modern, convenient and personalized on-boarding experience. Hands down the best experience I've had on-boarding onto a company!

What do you dislike?

Some of the tasks had issues rendering and would act in a buggy manner when completing them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best on-boarding SaaS solution i've used as a User.

Easily transitioning into a new company with the multitude of forms to fill and processes to complete, Sampling really helped me clarify my direction on tasks to complete.

Sapling review by User

"Clean, usable, and useful interface for getting onboarding done!"

What do you like best?

It was very easy for me to figure out everything I had to do - everything was laid out in a very straightforward way. I know onboarding paperwork can be confusing a lot of the times, but the manner in which everything was presented to me helped make the process go by a lot quicker and easier. The interface looks nice, and it's intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integrations had a small bug where I couldn't exit the popup, but simply refreshing my page fixed these issues. There weren't any major issues or things I disliked other than that.

Sapling helps make the onboarding process easier.

"Easy Onboarding"

What do you like best?

I like that the program is very intuitive and easy to navigate. I found that each screen that I went through was very thorough in terms of what is needed. Sapling definitely made it easy for me to complete the on-boarding process.

What do you dislike?

There were not necessarily any features that I disliked. I found that there was a slight delay in loading each screen but that may be a connectivity issue. It was really easy to get through and I felt comfortable inputting the sensitive information.

An easy way to onboard new hires. It allows for an error free space.

Sapling review by Joanna C.
Joanna C.

"Loyalty Consultant "

What do you like best?

The overall site design is clean and easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

I like everything I’ve experienced so far in Sapling.

Ease of onboarding process.

Sapling review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Incredible easy to use on-boarding tool"

What do you like best?

It couldn't be easier to onboard a new employee with Sapling. It's intuitive, beautifully designed, and simple.

What do you dislike?

I've yet to come across anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It truly could not be easier to use. It's incredibly simple and from the user stand point it is very intuitive.

Onboarding new employees can be a confusing mess. Sapling makes it easy.

Sapling review by Mariano B.
Mariano B.

"Great On-boarding Experience"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly experience, all the information I needed was available to me on Day 1 of my new job. Impressed with the platform and capabilities.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything to dislike from the product offering.

Sapling provides a streamlined approach to onboarding new employees and saving time and confusion along the way.

Sapling review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Smooth and organized!"

What do you like best?

There is a streamlined and organized way of displaying and taking information. Great user interface!

What do you dislike?

Could have gone into a little more detail in some areas.

I'm new here, but this seems like an efficient way of handling the large number or new hires that the company is bringing in as they grow.

Sapling review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Easy"

What do you like best?

I've been onboard through several different platforms, and Sapling has been the most straightforward and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see a more unique user interface. I feel like the colors are a bit dull. I would like to see more color.

I like the task section.

"Clean and Organized"

What do you like best?

Sapling guides users step by step. The UI is modern and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints or dislikes at this time.

Sapling HR and Onboarding has allowed help me transition seamlessly into a new role with my new employer.

"Organized and Clear"

What do you like best?

Sapling provides clear instruction and clarification about how to go about workday tasks and functions.

What do you dislike?

I dont have any complaints or suggestions at this time. For the purposes which I use Sapling, they meet all requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations at this time. For the purposes which I used Sapling for, it was an excellent experience and I would recommend it to others.

Sapling adjusts itself to each individual firm/business and helps move processes on a large scale.

Sapling review by User in Internet

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

All the relevant information about my new company was presented clearly, in a clean and compelling way, and I felt like the company cared about finding out about me as a person as well as an employee.

What do you dislike?

I was timed out too quickly sometimes, but other than that, no complaints.

I now know my extended team and their roles before meeting them in person, and have partially completed onboarding prior to completing paperwork in person.

Sapling review by User in Internet

"Great Experience!"

What do you like best?

The Sapling interface is extremely easy to navigate through. It made my on-boarding experience a breeze!

What do you dislike?

I was timed out too quickly a couple times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed

on-boarding

Sapling review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

I love the energy that the team has. It was so easy to create a profile and complete the onboarding process.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love how easy the interface was to navigate. I did have one issue where the submit button didn't highlight when the form was completly filled out but I just refreshed the page and it was fine.

I'm completing onboarding paperwork. And it was super easy.

Sapling review by Yash P.
Yash P.

"Fantastic "

What do you like best?

Sapling provides clear instructions on tasks.

What do you dislike?

No complaints whatsoever.

It satisfies me.

Sapling review by User in Computer Software

"Very welcoming to the newcomer"

What do you like best?

It's very nice to be able to browse the team I joining, the company, the policies. I remember when onboarding meant being thrown muh shovel and not much more.

What do you dislike?

Some of your fonts are pretty gray and hard to read.

I'm just using this as a user, it seems a good way to bring people onboard, have forms signed, distribute policies, etc.

Sapling review by Creedence M.
Creedence M.

"Great experience."

What do you like best?

I like the operating system and the smoothness of this page.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything in this application.

Employment documents.

Sapling review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

Fantastic portal. Great way to feel welcome and get to know others that have started with your company and most importantly on your team.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything so far, but would like faster response time.

Sapling provides a great way for new employees to spend time deciding on their benefits long before their first day.

Sapling review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great experience - simple and fast"

What do you like best?

This made my on boarding experience so seamless and easy. I appreciate not having forms to fill out on my first day of work.

What do you dislike?

I was using Safari browser and it was fine. Didn't need to interrupt experience to recommend Chrome.

n/a

Learning about Sapling?

* We monitor all Sapling reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.